Greithoth & Skirn Vs Superman & WonderWoman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

pym-ftw
Fight in the Nevada desert
No Bfr
Who wins?
Pre Flash-point Dc

bluewaterrider
Greithoth & Skirn Vs Superman & WonderWoman

Didn't Luke fight a Tauntaun on that planet?
Or was that some other beast?

Look, man, Diana and Clark wouldn't allow a whole 'nother world into Earth's atmosphere no matter HOW "great" Hoth is.

The gravitational forces would destroy all life on the planet.

Sooner they'd remove Earth itself to somewhere safe than allow what you're talking about, BFR or no BFR.

Oh, yeah -- even pre-Flashpoint Superman & Wonder Woman didn't have scorn for each other. Mutual respect and love. They'd be warm on Hoth just like anywhere else.

pym-ftw
5hfYJsQAhl0

bluewaterrider
laughing out loud

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n6l1gMAPaNQ

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Giving this a more serious answer though, Greithoth and Skirn are Absorbing Man, Crusher Creel, and his wife Titania, Mary McPherran, respectively. Unless her power was greatly amped, Titania, despite her relative strength to the people she normally interacts with, would find herself overmatched to the point of being a non-factor.

Creel, on the other hand, would be an interesting match for either, provided, of course, that his magic absorbing ability works on Diana, who is actually immune or resistant to some forms of mysticism.

The other interesting factor would be the lasso, standard equipment for Di. If Creel had basic knowledge of that, per KMC standard match rules, and were able to absorb ITS power, I can't see that the match could do other than go to him all by himself.

Note, however, the above makes the final assumption that Creed's strength tends to rise with the durability of whatever material he absorbs. And that the reverse is also true.

In Secret Wars, for instance, Creel absorbed the strength of alien steel and become too much for Spider-man to handle alone.
It took Julia Carpenter Spiderwoman (who for some reason seemed stronger than Spider-man himself in that series) to knock Creel out with his own wrecking ball. On the other hand, much less-strong Captain America one-shotted Creel after baiting Creel to grabbing for his shield but instead having Creel touch his shoulder, making Creel human level once again.

Armed with general knowledge of the lasso, assuming a successful touch, if Creel gains strength comparable to the durability of the material properties he replicates, Creel solos.

Otherwise, Team DC wins by simply pinning the invulnerable Creel under something too heavy for himself or Mary to lift.

JakeTheBank
Absorbing Man has absorbed part of a Cosmic Cube. I don't think he'll have any issues absorbing anything of Diana's. He's also far more intelligent so Creel's stupidity factor doesn't really play into this fight.

Superman is a resourceful guy, though, and given some time to think mid-battle, might be able to route him.

carver9
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Absorbing Man has absorbed part of a Cosmic Cube. I don't think he'll have any issues absorbing anything of Diana's. He's also far more intelligent so Creel's stupidity factor doesn't really play into this fight.

Superman is a resourceful guy, though, and given some time to think mid-battle, might be able to route him.

Has absorbing man lost his amp he received by Serpent? We go by the latest versions and the last time we seen Creel, he was above Herald levels.

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by carver9
Has absorbing man lost his amp he received by Serpent? We go by the latest versions and the last time we seen Creel, he was above Herald levels.

The hammers were taken away, so yes.

Moot point anyway as this thread specifically calls for Fear Itself/Worthy Absorbing Man.

pym-ftw
I said Greithoth, so he has the hammer obviously

bluewaterrider
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Absorbing Man has absorbed part of a Cosmic Cube. I don't think he'll have any issues absorbing anything of Diana's...

Gotta call you to produce an issue number or scan for this one, Jake.

The Beyonder himself, author of the Secret War series previously mentioned, creator of an entire Universe, was later retcon-revealed to be that same sort of Cosmic Cube you're talking about.

Galactus himself could not stop the Beyonder.
Who or what would be able to defeat Absorbing Man if he took in THAT kind of power?

Produce evidence or issue numbers, please.
There'd have to be some SERIOUS deus ex machina at play for someone to defeat a Cosmic Cube-level anything in the Marvel Universe, let alone Crusher Creel.

JakeTheBank
It was in the pages of Mighty Avengers, during the Dark Reign event. I can look for the specific issue in a bit. Definitely a high end feat for Creel, to be sure, but he's done it on panel. He's also absorbed the properties of Mjolnir (multiple times), so I don't any of Diana's gear being beyond his influence.

pym-ftw
He mind f**k'd himself after absorbing Pym particles, its odd nothing happened like that, after absorbing a >portion< of a CC

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.