prof. Xavier vs martian manhunter

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

lawest9
in a battle of telepaths, who wins?

Cogito
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Who do you like more?

JakeTheBank
thumb up

mastagambit
Xavier

Philosophía
J'onn.

pym-ftw
I'd say as a pure telepath Xavier is stronger but its really not by much

Golgo13
About equal, IMO.

Cogito
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
thumb up

You can't thumbs up yourself sneer

By feats, MM can easily scan the entire Earth population. He also mindwiped White Martians (huge telepaths themselves), among many other impressive feats.

By contrast, Xavier requires technical assistance to do the same, but has some isolated feats that reach high up there (e.g. recent AvX feats).

MM wins, IMO.

-Pr-
Xavier imo. J'onn always gets overwhelmed too easily for my tastes.

Cogito
J'onn does get overwhelmed sometimes against very powerful threats, but I'm inclined to think in those instances that Xavier would as well.

Uriel005
Think MM has better aoe but Xavier is better single focus. I think that it has less to do with the power of the telepathy but rather the physical constraints of processing the information. I mean IIRC Charles was supposed to be more or less = to his sister but it just didn't work out that way. Again I think it has more to do with his mind having limits on how much information he can process vs Manhunter whose physiology allows more for it.

Glorificus
Xavier.

Golgo13
Originally posted by Uriel005
Think MM has better aoe but Xavier is better single focus. I think that it has less to do with the power of the telepathy but rather the physical constraints of processing the information. I mean IIRC Charles was supposed to be more or less = to his sister but it just didn't work out that way. Again I think it has more to do with his mind having limits on how much information he can process vs Manhunter whose physiology allows more for it.

I'd agree with that. If anything, I'd still give MM the small edge.

abhilegend
Martian manhunter.

Katya
The bald one

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by Katya
The bald one

QFT.

Would we allow Fernus' feats for MM? Or any at all from the Trial by Fire storyline (making Arkham inmates sane etc)?

abhilegend
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
QFT.

Would we allow Fernus' feats for MM? Or any at all from the Trial by Fire storyline (making Arkham inmates sane etc)?
Both are bald. That would make it a stomp.

Cogito
Originally posted by Uriel005

This argument is actually pretty well supported by comics.

Althought, J'onn does have a very high AoE/Singe Focus feat in the White Martians

Lord Feron
Kinda surprised that recently X was able to shutdown the entire avenger team without them even ****ing knowing. But the really dumb part of that was spiderwoman with her sheild implants (seriously?).

Not sure where current MM stands.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.