Mageddon vs. the Void Hound

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Endless Mike
Say these two cosmic weapons of galactic destruction run into each other in an abandoned star system and target each other for annihilation. Which doomsday weapon wins?

cdtm
Originally posted by Endless Mike
Say these two cosmic weapons of galactic destruction run into each other in an abandoned star system and target each other for annihilation. Which doomsday weapon wins?

Mageddon wasn't really that impressive. Just a massive space cthulhu, more or less. Void Hound was beating back the JLA and CSA on raw power, and I don't think the fear powers will work on it.

DarkSaint85
Yeah, wasn't Mageddon's primary weapon the ability to drive a planet's population against each other?

If it was a contest of 'who can devastate the Shi-Ar homeworld', then Mageddon.

If its as the OP said, Void Hound.

Endless Mike
Mageddon also had a galaxy destroying bomb

cdtm
Mageddon also had a galaxy destroying bomb

That would destroy him too, so a draw.

You've got to love those tesseract bombs.

Endless Mike
So it's a tie then?

MF DELPH
I'd say Void Hound because it's offensive capabilities would allow it to take Mageddon out without destroying itself in the process.

guy222
hound

Glorificus
Yeah hyperbole aside, Mageddon didn't seem all that impressive.

I'd say the Void Hound takes it.

Golgo13
Magedon was responsible for the desrruction of wonderworld and was hard for a top tier tp like martian manhunter to enter.

Endless Mike
Also Zauriel said that the Presence and his angels were planning to build a new universe in case Mageddon destroyed this one

DarkSaint85
But what was it's primary attack? Driving people against each other, no? It wasn't like it was firing missiles which could turn Cap marvel inside out...

DarkSaint85
Also, Zauriel didn't just state it...he actually flat out caught them planning it lol.

cdtm
Yeah, Mageddon is kind of a victim of overhyping. It steamrolls just about anything it meets, including the epic heroes of Wonderworld, than it hits Earth, so you expect Earth would need a major plot device to win.. There's absolutely no way Earth could have straight up won that without making everyone Mags beat look weak by comparison. (Even granting Earth had a hero of WW helping them out...)

DarkSaint85
You'd have thought gathering all the heroes of wonder world, that at least one of them could absorb energy like anti sunlight.....

Golgo13
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
But what was it's primary attack? Driving people against each other, no? It wasn't like it was firing missiles which could turn Cap marvel inside out...

In the last issue with Mageddon, Earth who received meta human powers were flying into outerspace trying to take down Mageddon, until Mageddon fired an energy blast, killing many of them. Or so it seemed.

kevdude
So it's a tie then?

I wouldn't think so, if Mageddon had to resort to using the galaxy destroying bomb within him it would not count as a loss. He is a living weapon to either make everything around it go insane and kill themselves or he could do it himself with his attacks like Prep-man said or use the galaxy bomb. He lives (if you can say that) to destroy everything near it and then die with everything else. I don't think there is any overhyping at all with him, if it was not for Heaven's help Earth would have been ash cause of the nukes, giving Mageddon the win.

Mageddon thumb up

Golgo13
Bump.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.