What makes a great Superman Story?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Newjak
Everyone has different opinions especially on the Man of Steel.

So what does each poster think makes a great Superman or great Superman story

Mindship
Originally posted by Newjak
Everyone has different opinions especially on the Man of Steel.

So what does each poster think makes a great Superman or great Superman story
1. I forget where I first heard this: I think it was part of a conversation between Batman and Wonder Woman. One of them said something like, "For all his power, he never abuses it." And the other responded, "And that is what makes him truly Superman."

I would like to see this referenced in a live-action story. In a world where violence is worshipped, anti-heroes are "cool," and standing by principles of compassion and justice is "so 20th century," there can be nothing more deeply inspiring than the personification of the best of humanity, the incarnation of what we should all strive for .

2. Superman really cutting loose. Let the world know why he is among the most powerful characters in comicdom. Continent-lifting is a good place to start; also, how he worked over Darkseid in the animated series. Superman should also have the heavy musculature to back it up. (So far, Cavill seems to be fitting this bill.)

3. Overall good writing and character development. This is what makes any story and transcends genre. Also: the actors should be at least 30 years old (unless the story specifically highlights Clark's younger days).

4. No skinny, boney-a$$ed actresses playing Lois Lane! I'm still reeling from Bosworth. Durance was good (she looks even better as a brunette, plus she fits the age criteria noted above. If only Cavill was a few years older to really hone in the look of a Superman).

5. No spandex. MoS seems to have hit the nail right on the head here.

For now, that is all.

BlackWind
I I have always thought that beat Superman story is something that cannot be solved with his powers alone. Many I think that Superman is a boring character just because of how powerful he is, believing that any opposition a problem he made things he could just simply solve it lickity split. But to challenge him, its better to oppose him in a non physical way.

juggerman
Originally posted by BlackWind
I I have always thought that beat Superman story is something that cannot be solved with his powers alone. Many I think that Superman is a boring character just because of how powerful he is, believing that any opposition a problem he made things he could just simply solve it lickity split. But to challenge him, its better to oppose him in a non physical way.

It's thoughts like this that gave us Lex Mother F***ING Luthor as Superman's villain for every damn movie! I love Lex but come on! Every movie? No one else could shine?

He needs to combat foes that are his equal physically. Or greater! He needs to show that he is "Superman" for a reason.

I know he fought the Kryptonians and that weird fingernail guy but it still seemed that his real enemy was Luthor. I'd just rather see someone else behind the mayhem some times

Kazenji
If they use Lex again for ****'s sake get him using his armoured suit.

Endless Mike
Pre-Crisis style Superdickery evil face

Newjak
Originally posted by Endless Mike
Pre-Crisis style Superdickery evil face laughing out loud

I like some of the answers going on here.

juggerman
Originally posted by Kazenji
If they use Lex again for ****'s sake get him using his armoured suit.

thumb up

Damborgson
Originally posted by Endless Mike
Pre-Crisis style Superdickery evil face

http://cdn.nextround.net/wp-content/uploads/2010/01/superman-dick-comic-4.jpg

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.