Fastest Character

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

"Id"
Who is the fastest character in comic?

My vote is for X-Man, when he shifted himself into the Planck Length.

2,406,201,025,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000. times the speed of light.

Go!

"Id"
And Source

A great speed feat, X-Man moves into the realm between planck seconds, and Ares follows him and fights him there: http://i.imgur.com/Czgpf.jpg
http://i46.tinypic.com/2ep5zqa.jpg
http://i50.tinypic.com/rwnegw.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/r7BcF.jpg
I was originally trying to scale the total distance they moved during this fight, but that proved to be a bit of a pain, so I figured I could just do what Thanatoseraph did in his Zimmerman's Valley calc. This has qualifying marathon speed at 3.8889 m/s. (Of course this is a huge lowball, since both Nate and Ares are far above peak human physical speed). The subjective time passed during this fight, keeping that lowball speed in mind, I think shouldn't have been any less than 10 seconds. (It would realistically be longer if you took into account Nate's speech before Ares arrived, but talking is a free action, whatever, and I'm being conservative here). 3.8889 m/s in 10 seconds = 38.889 meters. This all took place in less than a planck instant, which is equal to 5.39106e-44 seconds. This translates to a speed of 7.213609197e44 m/s, or 2,406,201,025,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000c
. Gold Saints, eat your hearts out
http://www.narutoforums.com/blog.php?b=17878

Mindset
Bart Allen.

When he went faster than X-man.

TheGodKiller
Wouldn't Ares' ability to follow him in there reduce its impressiveness ?

"Id"
Originally posted by TheGodKiller
Wouldn't Ares' ability to follow him in there reduce its impressiveness ?

Why? Moments ago we where just told Ares is the embodiment of war across realities, at all points of time.

cdtm
Originally posted by "Id"
And Source

A great speed feat, X-Man moves into the realm between planck seconds, and Ares follows him and fights him there: http://i.imgur.com/Czgpf.jpg
I was originally trying to scale the total distance they moved during this fight, but that proved to be a bit of a pain, so I figured I could just do what Thanatoseraph did in his Zimmerman's Valley calc. This has qualifying marathon speed at 3.8889 m/s. (Of course this is a huge lowball, since both Nate and Ares are far above peak human physical speed). The subjective time passed during this fight, keeping that lowball speed in mind, I think shouldn't have been any less than 10 seconds. (It would realistically be longer if you took into account Nate's speech before Ares arrived, but talking is a free action, whatever, and I'm being conservative here). 3.8889 m/s in 10 seconds = 38.889 meters. This all took place in less than a planck instant, which is equal to 5.39106e-44 seconds. This translates to a speed of 7.213609197e44 m/s, or 2,406,201,025,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000c

Areas follows him? Sentry meat puppet Ares? O_o

When did Ares get time powers?

Anyways, it's a nice feat. I wouldn't call it a true "speed feat" though. Sounds more like a "time manipulation feat". Akin to Metron meeting matching a Promethium Giants perception of time, so he could carry on a normal conversation instead of waiting decades just to hear a completed sentence.

"Id"
I don't think marvel has ever written Ares to explore the full depth of his Olympic heritage. Though they do exist, he operates like a brawler instinctively accessing his exotic from time to time.

When he chased after Edens group, the same exotic powers instinctively kicked in without knowing or caring for the logic behind it.

KingD19
Indeed. Eden is a really powerful teleporter, and was trained by Gateway. And he matter of factly stated that only he controls his portals, and no one can get through one if he doesn't want them to. He even closed the portal behind them. So what does Ares do? He rips apart time and space itself and follows them into the portal.

Philosophía
Id must have a feverish desire for somebody to care about Nate, so he brings this "planck length" every few months, gets corrected on it having nothing to do with superspeed, and then keeps silent for a few months more.

I feel you, bro.

Endless Mike
PC Supes went beyond infinite speed to try to catch Supergirl before Spectre stopped him

Colossus-Big C
Wouldn't Ares' ability to follow him in there reduce its impressiveness ? why wouldnt be? Ares full potential has never been explored. He is the embodiment of war on all levels of reality which means he can freely transer between them.

3D
4D
Plank time
Pocket dimensions

Etc

He exist in all of them

Sin I AM
Ares is a character that if done correctly could be the black Adam of marvel....in power and bad assness

CosmicComet
And yet he's such a feeble character.

Shouldn't him being the embodiment of War--or whatever non-sense have you, make him invulnerable to, or even empowered by any conflict?

He sure got his 'embodiment of war' ***** ass slapped down with the casualness in WWH.

Sin I AM
Originally posted by CosmicComet
And yet he's such a feeble character.

Shouldn't him being the embodiment of War--or whatever non-sense have you, make him invulnerable, or even empowered by any conflict?

He sure got his 'embodiment of war' ***** ass slapped down with the casualness in WWH.

Marvel seems to have a lingering.disrespect for gods not of Asgard

CosmicComet
Nah.

Zeus is well respected.

Endless Mike
Ares jobs a lot

Sin I AM
Originally posted by CosmicComet
Nah.

Zeus is well respected.

Only recently and pak had to push for that. Still the rest of the Greek pantheon gets no love

StiltmanFTW
Hercules does.

Sin I AM
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Hercules does.

he aint part of the pantheon

DarkSaint85
The Glimmer, who ran perpendicular to time.

dmills
Aren't there several greek gods about on par with Zeus according to greek mythology? Like Poseidon and Hades? How are they portrayed by Marvel?

Endless Mike
I think Marvel gets their Greek and Roman mythology mixed up as their Hades is known as Pluto.

Sin I AM
Originally posted by dmills
Aren't there several greek gods about on par with Zeus according to greek mythology? Like Poseidon and Hades? How are they portrayed by Marvel?

this is true they should be almost equal. But are never displayed as such. I hate that marvel focuses so much on Asgard anyway. They need to explore olympus

h1a8
Who is the fastest character in comic?

My vote is for X-Man, when he shifted himself into the Planck Length.

2,406,201,025,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000. times the speed of light.

Go! The plank length is the smallest possible distance, not the largest. Thus he isn't fast but slow.

"Id"

"Id"
Originally posted by h1a8
The plank length is the smallest possible distance, not the largest. Thus he isn't fast but slow.

Slipping into the slowest moments of time, does not make him slow if he is caring out perfectly normal cognitive tasks in relative time.

I really dont see the distinction from the Flash, who revs up his speed so much that everything seems to slow down. Everyone may seem to be slowed down to a frozen like state, yet he himself operates relativistic to normal time.

But to each its own.

Damborgson
Originally posted by Endless Mike
I think Marvel gets their Greek and Roman mythology mixed up as their Hades is known as Pluto.

Same gods different names if im not mistaken. Like Mars and Ares are considered to be the same beings.

cdtm
Slipping into the slowest moments of time, does not make him slow if he is caring out perfectly normal cognitive tasks in relative time.

I really dont see the distinction from the Flash, who revs up his speed so much that everything seems to slow down. Everyone may seem to be slowed down to a frozen like state, yet he himself operates relativistic to normal time.

But to each its own.

Well, Flash uses speed. Speed manip, vs time manip.

Personally, I don't consider Zoom II fast either, because technically he's not revving up speed.. He's bending time to simulate speed.

Colossus-Big C
Originally posted by Sin I AM
Marvel seems to have a lingering.disrespect for gods not of Asgard in Hulk 621 every greek good green scar ran into while in olympus gave him a run for his money, some even had the power to beat him.

carver9
Originally posted by Colossus-Big C
in Hulk 621 every greek good green scar ran into while in olympus gave him a run for his money, some even had the power to beat him.

Yep, some he was warned to avoid by Herc because of the damage he night substain before meeting Zeus.

TheGodKiller
Why? Moments ago we where just told Ares is the embodiment of war across realities, at all points of time.
How exactly would that factor into Ares' ability to follow Nate into the Planck time scale ? Ares is not even a high-herald iirc and he was able repeat that feat w/o much trouble .

TheGodKiller
In mythology yes , in Marvel comics , depends from writer to writer . Some would treat him as being nigh invincible when compared to his subjects , others use examples from mythology like Typhon to tone him down a bit .

StyleTime

cdtm
In mythology yes , in Marvel comics , depends from writer to writer . Some would treat him as being nigh invincible when compared to his subjects , others use examples from mythology like Typhon to tone him down a bit .

Even in mythology, no one messed with Zeus when he'd spend days torturing his wife.. The Thunderbolts were the strongest power.

TheGodKiller
Originally posted by cdtm
Even in mythology, no one messed with Zeus when he'd spend days torturing his wife.. The Thunderbolts were the strongest power.
When did he torture Hera ? Or are you talking about all those times he went and cheated on her with a bunch of nymphs and mortal women ?

asdf83

Actually, according to mythology I believe that Zeus was more powerful than all the gods put together.

As for Ares, while I do think he should be more powerful in comics, I believe that he was always a weak god in Greek mythology. The Romans made him more powerful/important though.

zopzop

dmills
I've never read that Zeus was more powerful then the entire Pantheon combined. Just that he, Hades and Poseidon agreed to divy up the Earth accordingly.

Nietzschean
Even in mythology, no one messed with Zeus when he'd spend days torturing his wife.. The Thunderbolts were the strongest power. that is not true.

The Gods turned on Zeus since they were pissed at him for being a dick and they were all equally as powerful and yet, he was King.

So they chained him up while he was sleeping and were going to kill him or some sh** but the hundred handers showed up to save him and help Zeus fight the gods.

Sin I AM
I've never read that Zeus was more powerful then the entire Pantheon combined. Just that he, Hades and Poseidon agreed to divy up thr Earth accordingly.

This is true

Colossus-Big C
How exactly would that factor into Ares' ability to follow Nate into the Planck time scale ? because ares already exists in plank time. Did you read the part that said ares exist on every plane simotaniously?

psycho gundam
Originally posted by Sin I AM
This is true we're talking comics

-Pr-
I've never read that Zeus was more powerful then the entire Pantheon combined. Just that he, Hades and Poseidon agreed to divy up the Earth accordingly.

That's because in mythology all three are equal sons of Chronos. I don't think Marvel or even DC ever really adhered to that.

Colossus-Big C
The greek pantheon would have 3 elite skyfathers then

Endless Mike
Love how this turned from a speed debate to a Greek mythology debate

DarkSaint85
Yah lol. The Glimmer won, I think.

TheGodKiller
because ares already exists in plank time. Did you read the part that said ares exist on every plane simotaniously?
Nate made that comment before he shifted to Planck Length . Planck Length isn't really a plane of existence anyways .

TheGodKiller
The greek pantheon would have 3 elite skyfathers then
It would hardly seem far-fetched , considering how the Marvel Hindu Pantheon has three skyfathers as well .

cdtm
Originally posted by Nietzschean
that is not true.

The Gods turned on Zeus since they were pissed at him for being a dick and they were all equally as powerful and yet, he was King.

So they chained him up while he was sleeping and were going to kill him or some sh** but the hundred handers showed up to save him and help Zeus fight the gods.

But that right there, proves it's true.

They had to chain him up when he was sleeping. wink

dmills
Originally posted by -Pr-
That's because in mythology all three are equal sons of Chronos. I don't think Marvel or even DC ever really adhered to that.

True. I think I even read somewhere that Marvel asgardians aren't even god's in the same way that say, the Olympians are. Their immortality is granted by golden apples or some such.

-Pr-
True. I think I even read somewhere that Marvel asgardians aren't even god's in the same way that say, the Olympians are. Their immortality is granted by golden apples or some such.

Yeah, unless they changed it recently, Thor needs to eat em every so often.

asdf83
It would hardly seem far-fetched , considering how the Marvel Hindu Pantheon has three skyfathers as well .

It always seemed weird to me that they even bother with the Hindu pantheon considering that it's a major world religion.

The Greek and Norse religions are dead and are now simply myths. Over a billion people consider the Hindu religion as truth.

DarkSaint85
It'll be like Battle Pope.

Cogito
And Source

Eh, I really don't see that as a speed feat at all. From the scans, it looks to me like X-Man basically was outside time, except really time was just slowed down to the "'Planck length' between moments"'.

Color me skeptical.

erm

celeyhyga17
^same boat here...

h1a8
Nate was OUTSIDE of time and thus speed is an irrelevant concept.

Nietzschean
But that right there, proves it's true.

They had to chain him up when he was sleeping. wink all that proves that the greek gods are cowards.

FWs5V4xHm80&feature=relmfu

TheGodKiller
Originally posted by asdf83
It always seemed weird to me that they even bother with the Hindu pantheon considering that it's a major world religion.

The Greek and Norse religions are dead and are now simply myths. Over a billion people consider the Hindu religion as truth.
Its polytheistic(like many of those other religions , along with the fact that they worship thousands of gods) , far older than Christianity/Islam/Judaism . So they probably find it more fitting with the other dead religions .

Although , the Hindu equivalent of Zeus or Odin should be Indra , not Brahma/Vishnu/Shiva .

Based on the way they have been historically portrayed , Brahma/Vishnu/Shiva should more be the equivalent of Eternity/Galactus/Death or Order/In-Betweener/Chaos .

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.