The Lone Ranger (2013)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Kazenji
Surprised one hasn't been made for this and yes i did a search, If there is one the search function fails yet again....

Gore Verbinksi's The Lone Ranger

Tonto (Johnny Depp)
John Reid (Armie Hammer)

http://imageshack.us/a/img404/9094/theloneranger1.jpg

New Stills

Tzeentch._
please no

Kazenji
Originally posted by Tzeentch._
please no

I'm guessing that's towards Depp and the crow on his head.

BruceSkywalker
might pass on this, but will wait for the teaser trailer

rudester
Johnny Depp looks funny as an indian.

Hey how are you hey how are you...lol

this movie is racist to real indians.

siriuswriter
He based his character off of a real tribe - I've forgotton which. He's actually making a 3-D character, with a life and you know, a brain. I'll give you that the original Tonto's depiction was racist - he spoke in pidgin English and was always loyal and faithful to his "friend," the Lone Ranger.

Just think about it. Would Johnny Depp sign up for this particular role if he read the script and Tonto hadn't been updated?

Robtard
This looks terrible and J. Depp has been on a steady decline to shitsville for some time now with the odd okay role here and there. Maybe this is what happens when you move to France for edgynesses sake and then later become and honorary American Indian.

Kazenji
Originally posted by rudester
Johnny Depp looks funny as an indian.

Hey how are you hey how are you...lol

this movie is racist to real indians.

You idiot........http://imageshack.us/a/img840/2672/619659.gif

Depp has Native American in him and as for him a racist he was an honorary member of the Comanche tribe during the filming of this movie.

speedt
The Lone Ranger (2013) is an action movie and it will released in 2013.

Esau Cairn
John Carter flopped because it went over budget.
The same's happening with this...why can't Disney learn its lesson?

Kazenji
I also heard last month a crew member died on set

http://au.eonline.com/news/347838/lone-ranger-crew-member-dies-in-on-set-drowning

Kazenji
The Trailer

http://www.superherohype.com/news/articles/172971-the-trailer-for-the-lone-ranger-starring-johnny-depp-and-armie-hammer?utm_campaign=facebookfan&utm_source=facebookfan&utm_medium=referral

rudester
Originally posted by Kazenji

Depp has Native American in him and as for him a racist he was an honorary member of the Comanche tribe during the filming of this movie.

am I suppose to know the heritage of every actor? No! So no! Come to think of it he does have native strong bum cheeks.

BruceSkywalker
just watched the trailer, i will pass

Myth
Why is the Lone Ranger the sidekick?

Kazenji
Originally posted by Myth

He won't be a sidekick from what i've read about this movie

Originally posted by rudester
am I suppose to know the heritage of every actor? No! So no! Come to think of it he does have native strong bum cheeks.

and your the dope that went and said "this movie is racist to real
indians."

seen some places saying the way Depp is talking for his Tonto role is racist, I'm no Native American expert but i don't they spoke fluent english back then.

roughrider

Native American is about 1/7 of his heritage background. I'm of the same opinion that they just wanted a big name - it's a star vehicle for Depp - instead of getting someone who's at least close to being a full blooded Indian.

Just look at the poster - it's called The Lone Ranger, and Depp is credited over Armie Hammer. It's going to be all Tonto all the time; Jack Sparrow in the old west.

juggerman
Originally posted by roughrider
Just look at the poster - it's called The Lone Ranger, and Depp is credited over Armie Hammer. It's going to be all Tonto all the time; Jack Sparrow in the old west.

My name is CAPTAIN Tonto. Savvy?

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Myth

depp is the name star which the studio will make sure he is in just about every scene

Robtard

His Native American ancestry in unconfirmed and "guesses" he has some in him, like many white Americans like to claim, "I'm 1/64th Cherokee", cos it's edgy.

http://www.aceshowbiz.com/news/view/w0012381.html

Mr. Rhythmic
They should've called the movie "Johnny Depp's Johnny Depp: The Johnny Depp Movie starring Johnny Depp."

Kazenji
JjFsNSoDZK8

super pr*xy
i'm watching this..

-Pr-
Looks good.

BlackZero30x
Originally posted by Robtard
His Native American ancestry in unconfirmed and "guesses" he has some in him, like many white Americans like to claim, "I'm 1/64th Cherokee", cos it's edgy.

http://www.aceshowbiz.com/news/view/w0012381.html

My grandfather was a Native American!

Anyways this movie is meh to me.

Robtard
Originally posted by BlackZero30x
My grandfather was a Native American!

Anyways this movie is meh to me.

The Obama Admin settled with 41 tribes (Maine to California)on a billion+ dollar restitution settlement not that long ago, if you've not heard about it, might want to look into it since you're 1/4th NA.

Yeah, looks pretty shit to me too.

lovely001
I am excited to watch this movie so am waiting to releases.

BlackZero30x
The Obama Admin settled with 41 tribes (Maine to California)on a billion+ dollar restitution settlement not that long ago, if you've not heard about it, might want to look into it since you're 1/4th NA.

Yeah, looks pretty shit to me too.

maybe I will do just that! stick out tongue You will be the fist person I contact with some money!

Major_Lexington
I can't bring myself to watch the trailer, something about it is off putting...

Kazenji
F8Hk6EzzfOc

quanchi112
Looks lame.

BruceSkywalker
i suspect this will be a major flop

Robtard
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
i suspect this will be a major flop

While It still looks like complete shit, don't underestimate the power of J. Depp to sell tickets.

Zack Fair
I'm sick of Depp doing all these roles. They all feel the same to me.

Kazenji
Never seen Public Enemies it seems

that one wasn't one of those roles.

Esau Cairn
Never seen Public Enemies it seems

that one wasn't one of those roles.

Wasn't anything special either.

Kazenji
Wasn't the point

Zack Fair was getting how Depp does those whacky zany roles.

Patient_Leech
This is probably not going to be the phenomenon that Pirates of the Caribbean was, but it is Gore Verbinski again, so I bet it'll at least be fun.

BruceSkywalker
While It still looks like complete shit, don't underestimate the power of J. Depp to sell tickets.

true but they should have promoted Hammer more

Kazenji
Still going to check this one out regardless of the haters on this forum.

Esau Cairn
This has got the same vibe as Cowboys/Aliens...great build-up, good premise but sadly a disappointment.

Kazenji
Didn't know you own a crystal ball.

Patient_Leech
I intend on not taking it very seriously and enjoying it. But I may hold off on giving Disney my money, because they have lamified (made lame) things that should not have been. Damn you, Disney.

tkitna
I'm passing on this. It just looks too dumb to be enjoyable.

Kazenji
Originally posted by Esau Cairn
This has got the same vibe as Cowboys/Aliens...

Also try Pirates of the Carribean since its the same director involved with it.

Esau Cairn
Yeah but Pirates is "swashbuckling fun" compared to a franchise based on a Lone Ranger & his indian side-kick.

drkwrld
lol depp is the man

marwash22
should have called this crap "Tonto", 'cause he's the focus in the trailers, not The Lone Ranger.

Filmigos
I saw this movie last night. And it really is Pirates of the Carribean but in the wild west. The main action scene at the end is amazing, but it takes a LONG time build up to it. And Johnny Depp is Johnny Depp no matter how much makeup they put on him.

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by Filmigos
And Johnny Depp is Johnny Depp no matter how much makeup they put on him.
Do you mean to say that you weren't impressed with the performance or character?

roughrider
Clocking in at 27% on RT. Looks like the overblown hunk of crap we should expect from Jerry Bruckheimer, who scales nearly everything to ridiculous heights.

marwash22
MoS is at 56%, and at one it was even lower than that.

Rotten Tomatoes is a joke.

roughrider
Originally posted by marwash22
MoS is at 56%, and at one it was even lower than that.

Rotten Tomatoes is a joke.

RT gets it mostly right; doesn't mean I agree with it all the time. MOS's score has it in the mixed reviews range - I generally consider anything that scores from the high 40's to the low 70's to have gotten a mixed critical response. If audience favour was all that mattered, then the People's Choice Awards would be just as important as the Oscars.

Right now, TLR is in Green Lantern/Fantastic Four misfire territory. I'll be surprised if moves up into mixed reception territory.

Filmigos
Originally posted by Patient_Leech
Do you mean to say that you weren't impressed with the performance or character?

I wasn't impressed with his acting. It's the same as his Jack Sparrow persona. Only more reserved. PRetty much the whole movie had the Pirates of the Caribbean vibe. Wasn't bad, just seemed like I've seen it all before.

Except the action sequence on the train was fun. I will give it that much

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by roughrider
RT gets it mostly right; doesn't mean I agree with it all the time. MOS's score has it in the mixed reviews range - I generally consider anything that scores from the high 40's to the low 70's...

Right now, TLR is in Green Lantern/Fantastic Four misfire territory. I'll be surprised if moves up into mixed reception territory.

Yeah, the 70s scores can be very misleading. Captain America and Fast 6 are both in the 70s and I thought they deserved a 30 - 50% at best. And it's funny you mention Green Lantern because that's clearly a bomb according to RT, but I actually enjoy it, even though there's plenty of reasons not to. And Pitch Black (55%) and the CoR (29%). Yeah, I clearly don't agree with those. I'd give Pitch Black 5/5 stars and the CoR 4.5/5 stars, heh. So, I guess movies are just very personal that way. I have to take RT with a grain of salt. It's very useful, though.

(Public Enemies (68%) is another movie that I felt was rated WAY too high)

Originally posted by Filmigos
I wasn't impressed with his acting. It's the same as his Jack Sparrow persona. Only more reserved. PRetty much the whole movie had the Pirates of the Caribbean vibe. Wasn't bad, just seemed like I've seen it all before.
Yeah, I guess that's not surprising. They're trying to capitalize on the success of PotC. I can't blame 'em.

Kazenji
Originally posted by Patient_Leech
Yeah, the 70s scores can be very misleading. Captain America and Fast 6 are both in the 70s and I thought they deserved a 30 - 50% at best..

We get it already

you disliked the Captain America movie.

jinXed by JaNx
Paid to see this movie only because i had absolutely nothing better to do. I left the theater after about thirty minutes and snuck into the Man of Steel and watched the last half of that again.

Kazenji
Didn't mind this movie

the only thing i didn't really like about it were those flashbacks to San Francisco with that kid

also the humor in this is like the kinda stuff you would get with the POTC movies

8/10

i've only read one review

-comparing Depp's Tonto to Jack Sparrow
-the reviewer didn't like how long the movie went for
-also felt the movie was boring.

Patient_Leech
^ Yeah, I know this is expected to flop, and I probably won't pay full price for it, but I want to see it. It looks fun.

Flyattractor
So will the Lone Ranger be this years "John Carter"?

Kazenji
It could be a possibility.

marwash22

i've only read one review

-comparing Depp's Tonto to Jack Sparrow
-the reviewer didn't like how long the movie went for
-also felt the movie was boring. seems to be the consensus.

Kazenji
Regarding the length

alot of reviewers had the same problem with the POTC movies from what i remember, Yet they're fine with long movies when it comes to the LOTR/Hobbit movies.

marwash22
...and "Dances with Wolves"! that boring pos is like 4 hours long, and critics love it.

jinXed by JaNx
Originally posted by Flyattractor
So will the Lone Ranger be this years "John Carter"?

I liked John Carter lol. I don't know i suppose i liked John Carter because i didn't know what to expect. I went into Lone Ranger knowing what to expect and i got just that, so it was my fault for going lol. I didn't expect anything more than a family friendly western romp with indians. That is exactly what i got lol.

Patient_Leech
John Carter sucked. And that's coming from someone who is a big sucker for sci-fi/adventure like that. The only likeable character was Woola and it wasn't true to the book at all when they claimed it would be. I'll stop there, cause otherwise I'll rant for a long time...

BruceSkywalker
lone ranger is this years john carter, no doubt about it

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.