Who can beat amped Superman?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carver9
Trans tier or below...no manipulating his durability.

The amp is, Superman skin has been transmuted to the same stuff Cap shield is made out of... Vibranium and Adamantium. Again, no manipulating or bfring...straight up fight. Superman moves around like normal.

-Pr-
Oh jesus...

The Merchant
Wow. Umm, Sentry? Thanos could, maybe.

Badabing
Originally posted by -Pr-
Oh jesus... You had better pray you liberal, heathen! sneer

Oh, and cosigned.

carver9
Oh jesus...

Enjoy it.

carver9
Originally posted by Badabing
You had better pray you liberal, heathen! sneer

Oh, and cosigned.

laughing out loud

carver9
Originally posted by The Merchant
Wow. Umm, Sentry? Thanos could, maybe.

No. And how is Thanos beating this version of Superman.?

Silent Master
According to Starscream, Superman is already more durable than Cap's shield, so this would be a downgrade.

BTW, Cap's shield is a unknown steel alloy/vibranium mix, adamantium was discovered while trying to recreate the metal in Cap's shield.

carver9
Originally posted by Silent Master
According to Starscream, Superman is already more durable than Cap's shield, so this would be a downgrade.

BTW, Cap's shield is a unknown steel alloy/vibranium mix, adamantium was discovered while trying to recreate the metal in Cap's shield.

I know. This is the Adamantium and Vibranium version.

Badabing
I don't think anyone below shyfather would win on brute strength alone. Maybe someone could damage Supes given time, but not with him fighting back.

-Pr-
Originally posted by carver9
Enjoy it.

Banning you? Don't worry, I will.

carver9

Lol...that's so messed up.

-Pr-
Lol...that's so messed up.

Just like this thread.

golem370
WBH

Endless Mike

DO IT

carver9
Originally posted by Endless Mike
DO IT

Mike...stop trippin. I haven't even had a real debate against you in yrs. Can't believe you haven't gotten over that yet.

carver9
Just like this thread.

How is this thread messed up? Characters would be hard pressed to take this version of Supes down.

Mindset
Nightcrawler teleports Superman's arm into his head.

Digi
Matter transmuters. Some have the plot-device idiocy that they can't affect organic matter, so this solves that for them. Superman's skin would be air molecules. Instant removal of the entire skin is probably enough to do something horrible to Kal, even with his other attributes.

So, a fair number of Trans. characters. for that reason and others. Classic Strange, the Doctor, Onimar Synn, classic Validus, probably the Destroyer armor. And scattered others with the right power set (metal manipulation and/or matter transmutation). Harder skin really isn't relevant with some Trans. characters who can do things like stop Superman in time with merely a thought, or who have absolute control over the four basic forces of the universe. Sh*t like that goes far beyond just punching stuff.

zopzop
Originally posted by Mindset
All kidding aside, this is probably the best answer so far.

Originally posted by Badabing
I don't think anyone below shyfather would win on brute strength alone. Maybe someone could damage Supes given time, but not with him fighting back.
Also, I nominate the Serpent. He's low skyfather and snapped Cap's shield like a cheap plastic toy.

Digi
Just saw the no manipulating his durability stipulation in the OP. It removes the metal manipulators and matter manipulation as a win. I stand by the ones I listed from Trans though. There's probably others.

Digi
Also, Majestic w/Creation Blades.

Mindset
Originally posted by Digi

313 mmm

We'll have to see what abhi has to say about that.

Badabing
mmm

We'll have to see what abhi has to say about that. Wait, that nub isn't banned!? huh

Mindset
Did he finally get banned?

Damborgson
I think he's recuperating from the Majestic vs Surfer thread atm.

Digi
To be fair, Majestic didn't have the blades in that thread iirc. They would indeed cut through Superman's amped skin in this thread though.

Carver nerfed a lot of peoples' ability to win with the no manipulation rule, but there's still exotic stuff that could win. Or just overpowering him, enhanced durability or not. Like, classic Validus had his way with any number of Superman-level characters. The durability would just buy him more time before death. Or the Destroyer, which I think could do the same eventually. Or any of the high-end sorcerers with all their exotic options.

Because, let's be clear, Superman already has great durability. Nothing outside of super-metal constructs is piercing him anyway. I see this thread as an upgrade for him, but not a gigantic one.

carver9
With Vibranium added to his durability, energy output and anything physical would be absorbed. Pointless attacks. What outside of this can harm Supes? It's debatable if the creation blade could cut Cap shield.

Mindset

carver9
Lol

Mindset
What's funny about that?

carver9
What's funny about that?

Teleporting his arms into his head. Can he even do that?

Mindset
Why wouldn't he be able to?

ODG
Black Bolt. Focus some of his scream into his inner ear.

Hank Pym w/ antarctic vibranium capsules? Or does that violate the spirit of the thread?

Power duplicators/drainers like Absorbing Man and Parasite. Although their likelihood of winning is by no means assured, much less significant.

Magik, since she pierced Cap's shield on-panel with her Soulsword because it's phased intangible. Point is, it can't really be blocked and it can attack/disrupt the soul.

Any spellcaster with a more esoteric repertoire.

Any energy absorber who's pulled energy like sunlight from their opponent/surroundings. Starfire, Triumph, Sundown, Nightshade, etc. Unless his new skin somehow prevents that? In which case, somehow, I see Superman's skin being transmuted into Cap's shield-like substance as blocking his ability to absorb new sunlight.

Mindset
Also, Iron Fist punching him.

ODG
^ thumb up

-Pr-
Why would screaming in to his ear do any more damage than a standard scream?

Mindset
Because it's directed into his ear, duh.

ODG
Why would screaming in to his ear do any more damage than a standard scream? Because I don't think Black Bolt's typical scream is going to damage his new force absorbing, super durable body very much. Black Bolt's probably going to need to focus it towards his ears and overload his sense of super-hearing and balance. Like he did with Gladiator.

If this were a significant scream or an all-out one, he probably wouldn't have to focus it.

Nibedicus
Wouldn't someone just need to get INTO Superman's skin to beat im? :P

Anyone who can shrink or create attacks from within an area that bypasses the skin.

Also, hasn't King Thor already broken Cap's shield?

8swords
if supes skin is the same stuff as caps shield, I'm going with magneto..

I can see him ripping out supes skin out, and forming it into a drill and just stab him..

pym-ftw
Crusher Creel eats him

Endless Mike
What about telepathy?

DarkSaint85
Trans tier or below...no manipulating his durability.

The amp is, Superman skin has been transmuted to the same stuff Cap shield is made out of... Vibranium and Adamantium. Again, no manipulating or bfring...straight up fight. Superman moves around like normal.

Aquarian.

KMC Flash, who steals all of his speed and turns him into a pretty statue.

Metallo would WTFpwn him. How, do you say? Well, with a skin made up of Vibranium and Adamantium, I'm gonna say that he cannot absorb sunlight. Constant exposure to K-nite, no sun...yeah, he's going down.

I'll keep thiinking of more.

Edit: pym already mentioned Creel. I'll add Amazo to that as well.

abhilegend
Originally posted by Damborgson
I think he's recuperating from the Majestic vs Surfer thread atm.
Real life.

Persuader's axe failed to cut superman.

Originally posted by abhilegend
http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k508/abhilegend/Superman/th_adventuresof602a.jpg http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k508/abhilegend/Superman/th_adventuresof602b.jpg http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k508/abhilegend/Superman/th_adventuresof602c.jpg

That's persuader's axe and later in the same comic cut open a rift in time and space.

http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k508/abhilegend/Superman/th_as602p16.jpg

Unless creation blades have better feats than the Atomic axe and we're not dismissing feats on common sense, majestic with creation blades would get beaten by normal superman.shifty

Mindset
I knew you wouldn't let me down.

DarkSaint85
Abhi is to Superman....

what Superman is to Jimmy.

abhilegend
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Abhi is to Superman....

what Superman is to Jimmy.
laughing out loud

TheGodKiller
Does this extra epidermal layer of vibranium/adamantium have(in addition to its own monumental durability) any of the traditional attributes of kryptonian biology ?

carver9
Originally posted by TheGodKiller
Does this extra epidermal layer of vibranium/adamantium have(in addition to its own monumental durability) any of the traditional attributes of kryptonian biology ?

It's an addition to Superman own durability.

At ABHI...persuader didn't hit Superman with the cutting part of the axe, he used it as a blunt weapon.

carver9
Persuader axe cut Superman on War World.

-Pr-
Persuader axe cut Superman on War World.

I hope you're not talking about the hologram...

Batman-Prime
Below Skyfather? No one.

Digi
It's debatable if the creation blade could cut Cap shield.

Disagree.

Originally posted by Batman-Prime
Below Skyfather? No one.

See my list on page one. Maybe you don't agree with all of them, but there's at least one in that list who would do it, and probably many others.

Originally posted by abhilegend
Unless creation blades have better feats than the Atomic axe and we're not dismissing feats on common sense, majestic with creation blades would get beaten by normal superman.shifty

k.

You should stay away from Supes for a while. You're threatening to marginalize your own effectiveness on the forums, and I know you have debating skill.

Batman-Prime
Classic Strange, the Doctor, Onimar Synn, classic Validus, probably the Destroyer armor. And scattered others with the right power set (metal manipulation and/or matter transmutation). Harder skin really isn't relevant with some Trans. characters who can do things like stop Superman in time with merely a thought, or who have absolute control over the four basic forces of the universe. Sh*t like that goes far beyond just punching stuff.

Strange. Superman should be to fast.
The Doctor, I wasn't much into Wildstorm but I though with his reality manipulation he is a Skyfather. Still with Supermans speed he could take him to the sun, for an amp that wouldn't end the way it did with Apollo.
Classic Validius = PC Validius is a Skyfather-level threat imho.
Depends on the person in the Destroyer.

Damborgson
KT

Batman-Prime
Originally posted by Damborgson
KT

Is a skyfather.

Damborgson
Is a skyfather.
Early reigning KT could also imo.

Digi
Strange. Superman should be to fast.
The Doctor, I wasn't much into Wildstorm but I though with his reality manipulation he is a Skyfather. Still with Supermans speed he could take him to the sun, for an amp that wouldn't end the way it did with Apollo.
Classic Validius = PC Validius is a Skyfather-level threat imho.
Depends on the person in the Destroyer.

Strange has auto-shields and enhanced reflexes. Base human with spells he is not. He'd crush nine ways from Sunday.

The Doctor isn't a reality manipulator. Matter manip., time manip., planetary or higher-level telekinetic and telepath, etc. He pushes the Skyfather line, but no more so than classic Strange. He also has numerous options for defeating bricks, among them simply freezing Superman in place (which either Dr. could do) while removing his soul or phasing a sun-busting blast into his brain. Sans CIS, it's really not a contest. For example, the Doctor literally froze Majestic in place while drinking a soda and chatting with Hawksmoor. He just has to think it.

The Doctor also got taken into the sun, had his face punched to oblivion, and laughed it off. No flying brick, regardless of durability upgrade, is in his league. Speedblitz is technically possible, but unlikely.

PC Validus....maybe Skyfather. It's close. Still, very few people are comfortable with the "up to" part of "up to Skyfather." It's a wide range of power.

Destroyer - agreed. But possible.

h1a8
Strange has auto-shields and enhanced reflexes. Base human with spells he is not. He'd crush nine ways from Sunday.

The Doctor isn't a reality manipulator. Matter manip., time manip., planetary or higher-level telekinetic and telepath, etc. He pushes the Skyfather line, but no more so than classic Strange. He also has numerous options for defeating bricks, among them simply freezing Superman in place (which either Dr. could do) while removing his soul or phasing a sun-busting blast into his brain. Sans CIS, it's really not a contest. For example, the Doctor literally froze Majestic in place while drinking a soda and chatting with Hawksmoor. He just has to think it.

The Doctor also got taken into the sun, had his face punched to oblivion, and laughed it off. No flying brick, regardless of durability upgrade, is in his league. Speedblitz is technically possible, but unlikely.

PC Validus....maybe Skyfather. It's close. Still, very few people are comfortable with the "up to" part of "up to Skyfather." It's a wide range of power.

Destroyer - agreed. But possible.

The way you described the Doctor then he definitely is a skyfather level being, no question. Classic Strange at times even operated ABOVE skyfather level (close to abstract level)

So IMO Strange and Doctor shouldn't be on the list

IMO, a skyfather level being is one who can beat all herald level beings in one on one and most (if not all) herald level beings without much difficultly (almost effortlessly). A trans being is one who can beat all herald level beings and most (if not all) herald level beings with at most moderate difficultly.

Digi
Originally posted by h1a8
The way you described the Doctor then he definitely is a skyfather level being, no question. Classic Strange at times even operated ABOVE skyfather level (close to abstract level)

So IMO Strange and Doctor shouldn't be on the list

IMO, a skyfather level being is one who can beat all herald level beings in one on one and most (if not all) herald level beings without much difficultly (almost effortlessly). A trans being is one who can beat all herald level beings and most (if not all) herald level beings with at most moderate difficultly.

srug

I didn't make the list, I'm just going by it. However, your definition of the levels is different than the one the forum used. Trans. was above Surfer and below Skyfather. There was no "beat {x} with {x} amount of effort" stipulations.

TheGodKiller
Yes , but does it have any of the known attributes of Kryptonian biology/physiology ? Like getting amped by yellow sunlight , and getting weakened/depowered by kryptonite/red sunlight ?

SamZED
Magneto. Skins him alive.

ODG
^ The new skin isn't supposed to be manipulated per OP. Originally posted by TheGodKiller
Yes , but does it have any of the known attributes of Kryptonian biology/physiology ? Like getting amped by yellow sunlight , and getting weakened/depowered by kryptonite/red sunlight ? Blocking the sunlight absorption process probably isn't intended, although changing Superman's skin has affected it before on-panel.

SamZED
Originally posted by ODG
^ The new skin isn't supposed to be manipulated per OP. Oh.. In that case Kitty Pryde FTW.

abhilegend

At ABHI...persuader didn't hit Superman with the cutting part of the axe, he used it as a blunt weapon.
You've been corrected on this before, but you are you. Here let me educate you once again in big images. Before the hit from persuader's axe his chest shield is intact

http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k508/abhilegend/Superman/as602p05.jpg

He strikes superman and voila, there is a cut mark there! What a blunt weapon!
http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k508/abhilegend/Superman/as602p06.jpg

http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k508/abhilegend/Superman/as602p07.jpg

http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k508/abhilegend/Superman/as602p08.jpg

He attacks superman again with the sharp edge of the axe and fails to cut him again

http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k508/abhilegend/Superman/as602p14.jpg

The dimension he cut open was actually krypton before it exploded and that means an axe which can cut time and space failed to cut superman.

http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k508/abhilegend/Superman/as602p20.jpg

That's not an argument, that is you dismissing feats because you've already made your mind. Thanks for the concern but my debating skills are just fine.

abhilegend
Originally posted by SamZED
Oh.. In that case Kitty Pryde FTW.
lolwut? Superman can go intangible too.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.