Frank Castle vs. the Zombie Apocalypse!!!!!!!!!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Galan007
Frank is armed with only dual machetes, similar to this.

He will be facing the standard Zombies/Walkers from TWD. Frank's task here is simple: slay as many Zombies as possible.

There will be 10 waves:
Wave 1 = 1 Zombie
Wave 2 = 2 Zombies
Wave 3 = 4 Zombies
Wave 4 = 8 Zombies
Wave 5 = 16 Zombies
Wave 6 = 32 Zombies
Wave 7 = 64 Zombies
Wave 8 = 128 Zombies (IF he clears this level, he gets Riot Gear in the following waves)
Wave 9 = 256 Zombies
Wave 10 = 512 Zombies

Assume that Frank is fully recuperated at the start of each new wave. IF he clears this gauntlet, he gets his wife and kid back.

The setting for this Gorefest is The Prison from TWD:
http://s3d4.turboimagehost.com/t1/13606069_1564737-the_walking_dead_012.21.q_ok_super.jpg
The red arrow is meant to represent where the Zombie horde will spawn at the start of each new wave (and yes, they WILL have Frank's scent immediately.) Frank can move to any part of The Prison and its grounds, but he cannot move beyond the outermost layer of fencing.

How does he do?

-Pr-
I don't see any red...

Galan007
Edited.

-Pr-
Oh okay, thanks.

I can see him taking up to wave 9 easily enough. Wave 10... I think it's possible, as long as he doesn't get cornered.

zopzop
Doesn't make it passed 7.

Robtard
Clears; with ease.

Galan007
Originally posted by zopzop
Doesn't make it passed 7. You think 64 Zombies is too much?

zopzop
Originally posted by Galan007
You think 64 Zombies is too much?
If all he has is two machetes and that's it? Yeah.

armedforbattle
Only 2 machetes? Dies in wave 7 for sure.

JakeTheBank
Considering how haxxed Frank is in comparison to normal humans such as those in TWD, honestly, I can see him clearing. Especially with no time limit to work with and how tactically sound he is, Castle will mess their shit up big time.

Thank God this isn't Space Punisher, though.

MF DELPH
He's in the prison, so can he use the battlefield to his advantage (for example, picking a point to fight which causes the Walkers to bottleneck, or weaponizing items in the cell blocks and yard)?

Galan007
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Thank God this isn't Space Punisher, though. Space Punisher could easily slay over 9,000 Zombies with nothing but his ponytail.

I don't make spite threads, Jake. srsly

Galan007
Originally posted by MF DELPH
He's in the prison, so can he use the battlefield to his advantage (for example, picking a point to fight which causes the Walkers to bottleneck, or weaponizing items in the cell blocks and yard)? As long as he doesn't alter the Prison's infrastructure, he can use its layout however he wants.

JakeTheBank
Space Punisher could easily slay over 9,000 Zombies with nothing but his ponytail.

I don't make spite threads, Jake. srsly

thumb up

But if Frank can do anything besides escaping the prison and altering its structure, he wins eventually. He's more than smart enough to try and fight them in one setting and if manages to find any conventional weapons left behind - not sure if you meant to bar them or not - he's going to blow them away. Even without guns and the like, Frank would manage to outlast them and eventually win, especially if he gets fully restored upon completion.

If he's aware of the prize he'd get upon completion, he's going to be next to unstoppable.

Mindset
Originally posted by Robtard
Clears; with ease. thumb up

Galan007
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
thumb up

But if Frank can do anything besides escaping the prison and altering its structure, he wins eventually. He's more than smart enough to try and fight them in one setting and if manages to find any conventional weapons left behind - not sure if you meant to bar them or not - he's going to blow them away. Even without guns and the like, Frank would manage to outlast them and eventually win, especially if he gets fully restored upon completion.

If he's aware of the prize he'd get upon completion, he's going to be next to unstoppable. No extra weaponry is available.

JakeTheBank
No extra weaponry is available.

Cool.

Even so, this is Frank's match to lose, imo.

Galan007
A swarm of 500 zombies all swarming him from different angles... Hard for me to imagine him slaying all of them w/o getting shredded.

JakeTheBank
Frank's a tricky bastard like that.

Galan007
You're dum.

JakeTheBank
I have a Doom set.

Clearly, I'm a very smart poster.

Galan007
mmm

Good point.

-Pr-
I see his damage soak playing a major part. If they tear off his arm, or something, I can see him picking it up and beating them with it.

Galan007
You believe he'd use a severed limb to kill the zombies instead of the machete? mhmm

JakeTheBank
Now we're veering into Space Punisher territory.

ColossusGrundy
Normal human vs HUNDREDS of zombies with fatigue on?

He maybe gets past wave 7, but those machetes are gonna feel like they weigh 50 lbs each after a bit.

StiltmanFTW
Frank is armed with only dual machetes, similar to this.

He will be facing the standard Zombies/Walkers from TWD. Frank's task here is simple: slay as many Zombies as possible.

There will be 10 waves:
Wave 1 = 1 Zombie
Wave 2 = 2 Zombies
Wave 3 = 4 Zombies
Wave 4 = 8 Zombies
Wave 5 = 16 Zombies
Wave 6 = 32 Zombies
Wave 7 = 64 Zombies
Wave 8 = 128 Zombies (IF he clears this level, he gets Riot Gear in the following waves)
Wave 9 = 256 Zombies
Wave 10 = 512 Zombies

Assume that Frank is fully recuperated at the start of each new wave. IF he clears this gauntlet, he gets his wife and kid back.

The setting for this Gorefest is The Prison from TWD:
http://s3d4.turboimagehost.com/t1/13606069_1564737-the_walking_dead_012.21.q_ok_super.jpg
The red arrow is meant to represent where the Zombie horde will spawn at the start of each new wave (and yes, they WILL have Frank's scent immediately.) Frank can move to any part of The Prison and its grounds, but he cannot move beyond the outermost layer of fencing.

How does he do?

Good thread, but... Frank does NOT want his wife and kids back. The mere thought of them seeing what he's become scares him shitless. He burned them to death the moment they were resurrected.

Castle really is a psycho. He loses on purpose.

Silent Master
Originally posted by ColossusGrundy
Normal human vs HUNDREDS of zombies with fatigue on?

He maybe gets past wave 7, but those machetes are gonna feel like they weigh 50 lbs each after a bit.

Correction, comic street level character vs hundreds of zombies. I'm not liking the zombies chances.

DTM
Im going with Frank to clear as well, though moreso using his brains and tactics over simply diving into a horder of them slashing away. If hes in the middle of nowhere, and zombies are all around him, no he wont beat them all, but thats not the case here, he has an envrionment to work with, and hes very tactically sound, especially against near mindless zombies. Punisher, using his abilities, mentally and physically, to the fullest, is a true force to be reckoned with.

Silent Master
Exactly, the fight area is rather large and can easily provide dozens if not hundreds of ways to split up/bottle neck the zombies.

abhilegend
Frank isn't a normal human by any stretch of imagination.

Sundipped
Originally posted by DTM
Im going with Frank to clear as well, though moreso using his brains and tactics over simply diving into a horder of them slashing away. If hes in the middle of nowhere, and zombies are all around him, no he wont beat them all, but thats not the case here, he has an envrionment to work with, and hes very tactically sound, especially against near mindless zombies. Punisher, using his abilities, mentally and physically, to the fullest, is a true force to be reckoned with.

thumb up
Especially with a little general knowledge of the prison grounds he can seal some off, isolate a group of them, murk some of em (again), move to another sector, repeat until he finishes that wave then start over at the original point for the next wave. All he would have to do is make sure he doesn't get cornered without a escape route. Stick and move.

celestialdemon
Punisher wins this. He has stamina feats that will allow him to take on even the last wave and not die of exhaustion.

Mindset
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Good thread, but... Frank does NOT want his wife and kids back. The mere thought of them seeing what he's become scares him shitless. He burned them to death the moment they were resurrected.

Castle really is a psycho. He loses on purpose. I don't see what's crazy about that. mmm

ColossusGrundy
Originally posted by Silent Master
Correction, comic street level character vs hundreds of zombies. I'm not liking the zombies chances.

No correction.

There is no evidence of any super-powered boost to keep him from just plain running out of juice. He becomes a zombie buffet.

Silent Master
No super-powered boost needed, the battleground itself provides dozens if not hundreds of ways to sperate and bottleneck the zombies so that Frank can take his time killing them.

Stamina isn't going to be an issue.

Uriel005
Zombies spawn in 1 location... Prisons are designed for easy lock down. He closes the nearest door first and moves on to the others. He comes back when prison is secure and lets them walk through a door 1-2 at a time. When he gets tired he closes of the section and rests a bit before resuming swinging the good old chop chop's

JakeTheBank
Street levelers/"peak" humans in comic books shit on realism and what's possible for a normal human. Hell, even action heroes in movies do the same thing.

the ninjak
I see him having a problem with Wave 8.

If they are closing in on him from all corners that is. If he wins it he can clear it with the riot armor.

But Wave 8 all it takes is a scratch from the zombies around him. And the bodies will be piling up around his ratio of influence. He can't escape once the bodies reach 50 or so. then the zombies climb and start falling on him.

If Frank can traverse the prison, dodging and avoid zombies into corners and killing them. He clears the gauntlet.

But if each round has a circle of influence he is in trouble at Wave 8.

-Pr-
Originally posted by the ninjak
I see him having a problem with Wave 8.

If they are closing in on him from all corners that is. If he wins it he can clear it with the riot armor.

But Wave 8 all it takes is a scratch from the zombies around him. And the bodies will be piling up around his ratio of influence. He can't escape once the bodies reach 50 or so. then the zombies climb and start falling on him.

If Frank can traverse the prison, dodging and avoid zombies into corners and killing them. He clears the gauntlet.

But if each round has a circle of influence he is in trouble at Wave 8.

A scratch won't end it.

the ninjak
Originally posted by -Pr-
A scratch won't end it.
I thought the zombies had clawed their fingers into open wounds typically. Boney diseased claws.

And such a scratch would be no different from a bite.

-Pr-
A scratch won't make him turn instantly though. A bite won't either. Frank just has to win before he turns.

StiltmanFTW
TWD zombie bites cause slow and painful death, they do not infect the person - everyone is infected in TWD, like in Romero's movies.

Scratches only work in the TV show, I believe.

the ninjak
A scratch won't make him turn instantly though. A bite won't either. Frank just has to win before he turns.

Oh nice work Pr. Punisher clears this mess. I thought he had to avoid infection.

Galan007
A scratch won't make him turn instantly though. A bite won't either. Frank just has to win before he turns. Depending where the bite is (ie. how long it takes the bacteria from the bite to enter the blood stream, the amount of blood he looses from the bite, etc.), it could be incapacitating... Especially if he were to get bit early on in a wave.

Also remember that the zombies are quite strong. On Hershel's farm one zombie tore Dale's entire abdomen open with ease... So there's that to think about.

Oh nice work Pr. Punisher clears this mess. I thought he had to avoid infection. He has to avoid infection/death during each wave. He auto-heals at the start of each new wave.

-Pr-
Depending where the bite is (ie. how long it takes the bacteria from the bite to enter the blood stream, the amount of blood he looses from the bite, etc.), it could be incapacitating... Especially if he were to get bit early on in a wave.

Also remember that the zombies are quite strong. On Hershel's farm one zombie tore Dale's entire abdomen open with ease... So there's that to think about.

He has to avoid infection/death during each wave. He auto-heals at the start of each new wave.

Maybe...

the ninjak
He has to avoid infection/death during each wave. He auto-heals at the start of each new wave.

Well if he has to avoid infection. He loses at Wave 8.

Galan007
Well if he has to avoid infection. He loses at Wave 8. He'd only lose if the infection sustained from the bite incapacitated him to some extent (ie. he cracks a 110 degree fever that makes him start acting loopy, and/or transforms into a zombie... Or bleeds out.) As long as he can clear a wave before one of the above happens, then the bite doesn't matter.

the ninjak
Then whats the point of the avoiding infection thing? I realize it doesn't exist in the OP anyways.

He wins. No matter what. He took chunks out of Daken with his teeth! He doesn't go down without absolute loss of life.

He'll kill these things even if he had blood gushing from his body and a few arteries left.

And with a riot suit. It's just too easy. Wave 8 is the only challenge. And with a field the size of the prison yard less than 200 wont be a problem.

Galan007
If Frank gets bit on, say, the side of his neck (which happens to be where your carotid artery is), he better hope to god that there are only a few zombies left. Otherwise he will bleed out before he even has a chance to try and stop the bleeding.

For instance, if Frank sustains an arterial injury, and there are still 150 zombies left, he's pretty much phucked. Frank is badass, but he's still a human being, whose 'container' only holds so much blood.

the ninjak
Frank is skilled enough to run around and chip away at 128 zombies in a field and prison that spans many corridors and sectors.

Question is does he have knowledge of the prison?

Galan007
A healthy Frank is that good, yes.

I'm just spitballing about what would happen if he sustained a mortal injury while dozens of zombies still lived.

Question is does he have knowledge of the prison? Not at first. However, he is free to study its layout as the waves progress.

Parmaniac
Not sure the real world physiology thing works here, Frank has taken punishment that should have killed him dozens of times.

the ninjak
If you gave him just the field and he couldn't get into the prison. I see him dying regardless of armor.

But the fact that you gave him the prison as well and his only limit being the fence perimeter. Gives Frank alot of advantage spots and corridors to have fun with.

To play guessing game with how he handles particular rooms inside the prison is simply guesswork.

Galan007
Originally posted by Parmaniac
Not sure the real world physiology thing works here, Frank has taken punishment that should have killed him dozens of times. No doubt his comic book stamina keeps him going longer than a RL human.

Take the injuries he sustained when Sentry was after him. Frank took a barb to the kidney, then maneuvered in such a way that the wound split open even more, and despite the blood loss, was still able to keep going for quite a while before passing out.

I'm just saying that if one of his major arteries is bit in half, he better end the wave quick, or stop the bleeding quick... Because he doesn't have long.

To play guessing game with how he handles particular rooms inside the prison is simply guesswork. Eh, that's not what I was saying at all. srsly

the ninjak
Eh, that's not what I was saying at all. srsly

My point was the layout of the prison. It's guesswork.

If Frank can lead the zombies into a corridor and slam shut a gate. He can block them off and stab them from a distance.

If the Prison entrance leads to a sealed room he can be trapped and the zombies will overwhelm him as they pour in.

Zombies in TWD like to move in swarms or herds when in large clusters.

The open field is a deathtrap from Wave 7 onwards. Because the zombies are pouring in from one singular spot. And not scattered around the environment.

Eventually Frank will need to enter the prison if he is to stand a chance. And the prison is unknown as to its layout.

Mindset
Frank could fight without a head.

He's American born and bred!

the ninjak
Originally posted by Mindset
Frank could fight without a head.

He's American born and bred!

FrankenCastle sure.

Mindset
Frankenberry, *****.

the ninjak
With twin machetes, Good Luck.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.