Carrie (2013)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Nemesis X
uB7GvEatMSI

Didn't we get a remake in 2002?

marwash22
The Rage?

I thought that was a sequel.

Nemesis X
Originally posted by marwash22
The Rage?

I thought that was a sequel.

The Rage is a sequel to the original Carrie movie and it came out in 1999. In 2002, people decided to do a remake. Now for some reason, we're getting another one which is stupid. It's just repeating the same story.

the ninjak
Because it's a tale that's universal. They can remake it all they want.

Nemesis X
Originally posted by the ninjak
Because it's a tale that's universal. They can remake it all they want.

So in other words, Hollywood's just out of ideas...again.

marwash22
Originally posted by Nemesis X
The Rage is a sequel to the original Carrie movie and it came out in 1999. In 2002, people decided to do a remake. Now for some reason, we're getting another one which is stupid. It's just repeating the same story. oh, okay. I didn't even know about the 2002 movie.

yeah, this didn't need to be remade again. I'm not against remakes though, there are some movies that were made before their time that could use a modern update to take advantage of the technology we have today.

StyleTime
Carrie is one of my favorite books, and I'm not opposed to another remake provided it's good.

Esau Cairn
I was under the impression the 2002 remake was made for tv. Either a miniseries or a telemovie.

Either way I'm a fan of Chloe Moretz playing dark roles.
I think there's another feature where she's cast as a zombie...

Kazenji
Originally posted by Nemesis X
So in other words, Hollywood's just out of ideas...again.

Far from it

and also what Ninjak said also applies to other stories as well.

BruceSkywalker
i might pass unless the next trailer does wonders for me

steverules_2
I saw the original a long time ago and didn't think it was anything special, doubt a remake will actually make me think any differently

marwash22
errr, based on that teaser, her powers are significantly more advanced than in the original.

Kazenji
From what i've read they're doing their own thing with the story besides using a couple of the iconic moments from the first adaptation.

steverules_2
Was her period an iconic scene? Wonder if that'll be in there

From the trailer you can tell they've kept the prank the same where they pour blood on her, I think it was pigs blood and then of course she snapped and started destorying everything

Kazenji
Originally posted by steverules_2
Was her period an iconic scene? Wonder if that'll be in there

Sounds like its iconic for you.

steverules_2
Dunno what you're getting at and not sure I really want to but it's one of the scenes I remember, mainly cause they mention it in the IT crowd

Patient_Leech
Kind of a cool little teaser. But I'm not pleased to see the name Julianne Moore (unless she gets murdered somehow, of course...)

mastagambit
Originally posted by Esau Cairn
I was under the impression the 2002 remake was made for tv. Either a miniseries or a telemovie.

Either way I'm a fan of Chloe Moretz playing dark roles.
I think there's another feature where she's cast as a zombie...

I like her too.
She was awesome in Kickass and also 'Let the right one in.'

the ninjak
Originally posted by Patient_Leech
Kind of a cool little teaser. But I'm not pleased to see the name Julianne Moore (unless she gets murdered somehow, of course...)

I wonder if she's gonna play the mum or the teacher?

Esau Cairn
Moore plays the bible bashing mom.

She's a good actress, I think she'll play the part well.

My only "dislike" is that religious fanatics can be difficult & irritating to watch on screen. As much as I enjoyed The Mist, I always dread the old woman & her preaching.

Patient_Leech

My only "dislike" is that religious fanatics can be difficult & irritating to watch on screen. As much as I enjoyed The Mist, I always dread the old woman & her preaching.

Bible bashing or Bible thumping? (It's been at least a decade since I've seen the original Carrie)

rudester
why??

roughrider

It's become a too-often-repeated cliche in Stephen King's work, the evil bible thumper and/or person of God. It's spread to the rest of pop culture, too.

I've always found the story of Carrie depressing. Chronicle, from earlier this year, that was like Carrie with young men instead. But there was exhilaration and fun before the tragedy started, showing how power can corrupt.

ADarksideJedi
I think another one would be horrible I did not like the first Carrie but I like the tv remake of it better not sure why.I think the second Remake made for tv was more our time and not so 60s and I like the Actess alot better.

siriuswriter
Originally posted by Patient_Leech
Bible bashing or Bible thumping? (It's been at least a decade since I've seen the original Carrie)

Bible thumping. The opposite of which is Bible bashing.

marwash22
H369sxjyhx8

Esau Cairn
Originally posted by siriuswriter
Bible thumping. The opposite of which is Bible bashing.

I mum turned Born Again when I was 16 & believe me it felt more like a bashing than a thumping to my ears.

But yeah I understand the difference.

steverules_2
In a way you end up cheering for Carrie...dunno if thats what you're meant to do but lets face it the people at her school are a bunch of ******* apart from that one girl who's nice to her

siriuswriter
I don't see any new powers

She's got telekinesis, which she had in the original, and also the pyro power.
She's throwing her mom around the house, and then putting her in "Carrie's Closet" but I don't remember if she actually goes as far as killing her.

@steve_rules_2 = the period scene is definitely in there [the populars are taking pictures of her, and she's on the floor with a towel covering her - and then her mom starts talking about the curse of Eve, and that she needs to go to her closet and pray for forgiveness.

This might actually be kind of good.

BruceSkywalker
will pass on this unless someone gives me free tickets

steverules_2
Originally posted by siriuswriter
@steve_rules_2 = the period scene is definitely in there

Yeah I noticed that bit, it was one of the main points of the story so it's not surprising that it's still in there

jinXed by JaNx
looks good but my problem is that she really does look and sound like someone that could be prom queen, not an apprehensive outcast.

Gideon58
Yes, there was a remake in 2002 which is why I don't understand why they would want to remake it again.

rudester
Hey no poking fun at sissy spaceks getting her period showing her brestesses...i remember thinking god those girls are bitches, and when she started killing them i secretly enjoyed it. The girl from kickass is the bomb dot com, i cant wait to see her all shy and shit! This story needs to be told again and again, it probably will give some idiot that he might have super powers.

TheGodKiller
Yet another remake. The funny part is that Carrie already HAD a remake a couple years back, but the people at hollywood are simply incapable of getting new ideas, so we get remake after remake of classics like Carrie, Robocop, The Day the Earth Stood Still etc.

rudester
It was exactly the same cept carrie had more powers and could fly. I liked this ending. 8/10

ares834
Yeah, I enjoyed it.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.