Superman vs Thor, Gladiator, Silver Surfer, Beta Ray Bill (w/ a twist)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Starscream M
Tug of War contest on a bright sunny day

And Hulk gets added to the Marvel squad if Superman is winning.

Cogito
Against all of them at the same time?

for serious?

Starscream M
Originally posted by Cogito
Against all of them at the same time?

for serious? yes at the same time

I realize the marvel squad is handicapped...hence they get Hulk on the squad if Superman wins too easily

JakeTheBank
....Marvel.

Starscream M
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
....Marvel. do you realize how stupid strong superman is?

Philosophía
Based on the recent showing, Superman wins.

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by Starscream M
do you realize how stupid strong superman is?

Do you realize how stupid strong Team Marvel is combined?

I'm not even going to bother adding Hulk.

Cogito
barker

Starscream M
Do you realize how stupid strong Team Marvel is combined?

I'm not even going to bother adding Hulk. I would say most on the marvel team would strain to lift a large mountain, which would be less than a 1lb dumbell for current superman

Philosophía
barker If that's adressed to me - Superman bench-pressing Earth, out of the sun, for 5 days and saying "That's it?" is the highlight of his entire career ever since the Silver Age and is essentially a Silver Age feat itself.

It's not really fair to base everything from now on this feat and say Superman rolls every Marvel characters in a ball and calls it a day, which is why I said "based on the recent feat".

JakeTheBank
I would say most on the marvel team would strain to lift a large mountain, which would be less than a 1lb dumbell for current superman

baka

Starscream M
baka jake, superman had ONE drop of sweat after benchpressing earth for 4 days without sun...you do the friggin math

Superman right now is on another level, his strength level is INSANE

JakeTheBank
jake, superman had ONE drop of sweat after benchpressing earth for 4 days without sun...you do the friggin math

Superman right now is on another level, his strength level is INSANE

I read the scan.

Do you need some Kleenex, though?

Newjak
Team

Cogito
Let's not blow one scan out of proportion.

I have admitted on this forum many times that I have a DC bias. That's still true, and likely always will be. But I'm not about to run out and proclaim Superman to be stronger than Marvel's best combined without some history or consistent portrayal as such.

Until that time, I'll treat this feat as an outlier...just like I do the infinite weight book (which trumps the weight of the Earth like...an infinite times over)

JakeTheBank
Let's not blow one scan out of proportion.

I have admitted on this forum many times that I have a DC bias. That's still true, and likely always will be. But I'm not about to run out and proclaim Superman to be stronger than Marvel's best combined without some history or consistent portrayal as such.

Until that time, I'll treat this feat as an outlier...just like I do the infinite weight book (which trumps the weight of the Earth like...an infinite times over)

thumb up

Philosophía
But I'm not about to run out and proclaim Superman to be stronger than Marvel's best combined without some history or consistent portrayal as such. I never said we should take only this feat at face value and say that Marvel never has a chance against Superman now - thus the "based on the recent feat" part.

But it gives us a pretty clear look on how Superman compared to his old version, who was stronger than the strongest on that team (Thor)

Until that time, I'll treat this feat as an outlier...just like I do the infinite weight book (which trumps the weight of the Earth like...an infinite times over) Yes, but you see - pre-Flashpoint Superman was consistently in need of help in order to move celestial bodies (be it the Moon or Earth) - and I mean this as in everyt time, and even failed to do so (see him trying to hold the Earth into orbit with Diana and J'onn, or in New Krypton). Now he moves the Earth, for five days, out of the sun, and is basically "eh, I can do better".

That's insane.

Lord Feron
If we want to add in all showings for the new superman then Superman has zero ****ing chance to do anything. But if we just base it off only the "I'm bench pressing the world for 5 days without his sun suit" superman then well I would believe he could pull team 2 into the mud, IDK about adding hulk....

Fifthchild
do you realize how stupid strong superman is?

While I dont want to try and downplay this feat which was awesome it should be obvious that one feat is not the be all and end all of everything. At least not for an ongoing character like Superman who is going to rack up a lot of other appearances. If this is how Superman is consistently portrayed by everyone from here on out - great. But I doubt it.

I do think it shows that the idea that the character had been definitely powered down is obviously false. If there was such a deliberate decision it didnt last long in the chaos of modern DC editorial.

Silent Master
Team wins

Sin I AM
lol.......norrin solos as usual

Silent Master
Just curious, does the scene say he's lifting weight equal to a planet, or weight equal to the Earth?

Zack Fair
Originally posted by Sin I AM
lol.......norrin solos as usual u high?

Starscream M
Originally posted by Silent Master
Just curious, does the scene say he's lifting weight equal to a planet, or weight equal to the Earth? equal to the earth I believe

Zack Fair
Just curious, does the scene say he's lifting weight equal to a planet, or weight equal to the Earth? Earth.

D-Block
Team and easy.

Silent Master
It's a good feat, but I could see several of the Marvel team members matching it.

Zack Fair
Doubt it.

Philosophía
Originally posted by Zack Fair
doubt it He's a troll from herochat. Best to ignore him.

Silent Master
Doubt it.

I think Thor removing the Midgard Serpent from the Earth is a comparable feat, as Thor not only had to lift the Serpent's weight but also had to overcome his cl 100 strength.

Starscream M
I think Thor removing the Midgard Serpent from the Earth is a comparable feat, as Thor not only had to lift the Serpent's weight but also had to overcome his cl 100 strength. stop bringing decade old feats

what has thor done in the past 5 years in strength?!

Zack Fair
I think Thor removing the Midgard Serpent from the Earth is a comparable feat, as Thor not only had to lift the Serpent's weight but also had to overcome his cl 100 strength. Yeah that can be compared but its also old as ****. I'm not saying it can't be used or anything because its his god damn history, but I don't recall the last time Thor did something like that. I remember Thor and Bill combining might to stop Asgard from crashlanding a few years ago. Context might be missing but...

Philosophía
I think Thor removing the Midgard Serpent from the Earth is a comparable feat laughing out loud

Snake-Eyes, I'm just going to post this quotes on herochat, so that I won't be the only one laughing at you.

Silent Master
Yeah that can be compared but its also old as ****. I'm not saying it can't be used or anything because its his god damn history, but I don't recall the last time Thor did something like that. I remember Thor and Bill combining might to stop Asgard from crashlanding a few years ago. Context might be missing but...

It was a high-end feat for Thor, just like this is a high-end feat for Superman.

Zack Fair
I wouldn't be surprised if a feat like that pops once per year. 131

Superman gets the love.

Thor gets the hate.

F U Marvel.

Philosophía
Question #1: how many here have actually read the comic with Thor and the Serpent, and how many are basing it on out-of-context scans?

Sin I AM
u high?

Naw, norrin is just that much better...learn to deal with it

D-Block
It's a good feat, but I could see several of the Marvel team members matching it. I could see Thor doing it.

Philosophía
Originally posted by D-Block
I could see Thor doing it. I'm in the mood to own some Captain Marvel fanboys.

Prove it.

Silent Master
Originally posted by D-Block
I could see Thor doing it.

I'm more impressed that he held it for 5 days, that's got to be the best stamina feat post-crisis Superman has ever had.

Digi
stop bringing decade old feats

what has thor done in the past 5 years in strength?!

Canon is canon. Marvel doesn't do reboots for the most part. Selective ignorance is selective. If we're to ignore the feat entirely because it's old, then we're using different methods of arriving at a conclusion and our conversation is incompatible for actual debate.

srug

I actually don't think Thor's the key here. We know he has comparable but lower total strength than Kal. But we also know Surfer can amp to similar levels, Gladiator rests around the same, etc.

And "old" Superman, PC or mid-crises, has feats that put him in this range as well. The recent feat isn't anything new, so to speak, it just puts DCnU Superman around the same level he was before. This time it just puts a quantifiable total on it - whereas his other best feats are probably similar but don't have a number attached to them.

We like to glorify the new. The newest feats take precedence and seem greater than the rest. It happens with any character. But we're not dealing with a wildly stronger Superman imo. He'd win an arm-wrestling contest with any one of these guys, imo, but is sorely outmatched here.

Starscream M
Originally posted by Digi

We like to glorify the new. The newest feats take precedence and seem greater than the rest. It happens with any character. so my question is, what is thor's most impressive quantifiable strength feat in the past 10 years...just give me one.

Philosophía
Canon is canon. Marvel doesn't do reboots for the most part. Selective ignorance is selective. If we're to ignore the feat entirely because it's old, then we're using different methods of arriving at a conclusion and our conversation is incompatible for actual debate. I don't agree with old feats having the same relevance as new feats - but that's neither here nor there.

The important part:
The Serpent feat still isn't anywhere close to this feat, and that can be easily proven. Hell, it can be seen, as long as the posters in question read the actual issue where it happened.

I actually don't think Thor's the key here. We know he has comparable but lower total strength than Kal. But we also know Surfer can amp to similar levels, Gladiator rests around the same, etc.
If by Kal you mean pre-Flashpoint Kal, I'm not sure what you mean by 'comparable' but sure, he's in the same range in the way Wonder Woman is.

And "old" Superman, PC or mid-crises, has feats that put him in this range as well. The recent feat isn't anything new, so to speak, it just puts DCnU Superman around the same level he was before. This time it just puts a quantifiable total on it - whereas his other best feats are probably similar but don't have a number attached to them And that's where you're not correct. I know my Superman, so when tell you flat-out that pre-Flashpoint, he has been consistently (as in, everytime) shown as needing help to move the Earth or Moon and, even moreso, failing to do so alongside his teammates (J'onn/Diana in one example, him and dozens of other kryptonians in another), you'll know I'm right. Now, he's bench-pressing the Earth, for 5 days, without the sun, and he's only after sweating one drop. The difference in magnitude between how he has been consistently portrayed in the pre-Flashpoint Universe and this feat is immense.

Now, if you want to argue consistency, if you want to argue "let's wait a bit more for him to gather more showings so we can even them out", I agree.

But let's not act like this feat doesn't put him considerably (as in, massively) above pre-Flashpoint Superman, who was stronger than anybody on the team.

Sin I AM
so my question is, what is thor's most impressive quantifiable strength feat in the past 10 years...just give me one.

Its difficult to "quantify" feats on that scale...but the Asgard lift was impressive

Zack Fair
Naw, norrin is just that much better...learn to deal with it Yep. U high.

Sin I AM
Yep. U high.

naw your just in denial

-Pr-
This is being closed soon. One, because it's a dumb-ass thread and Starscream should know better, and two, as impressive as the scan is, we need to see more.

While I am, frankly, over the moon with the scans that have been revealed, i'm not going to prematurely get my hopes up.

Though, yeah, **** the haters. That includes you, Sin.

psycho gundam
Originally posted by Golgo13
Superman is godly in the presence of your weak Marvel characters. smile smile

Sin I AM
Originally posted by -Pr-

stick out tongue ...love me!

Golgo13
naw your just in denial

Superman is much stronger than Norin Borin.

Sin I AM
keep telling yourself that

Golgo13
Give us feats of Surfer's strength. It's not even more impressive than PF.

-Pr-
Neither Superman nor Norrin would have an easy time against the other. It's one of the closest fights in comics, unless you think you can just argue powersets and get away with it.

Anyone who says otherwise? Shut up.

celeyhyga17
This is being closed soon. One, because it's a dumb-ass thread and Starscream should know better, and two, as impressive as the scan is, we need to see more.

While I am, frankly, over the moon with the scans that have been revealed, i'm not going to prematurely get my hopes up.

Quick! Someone make a WB Hulk Vs. DCnU Supes thread!!! I nominate Starscream...

wink

Golgo13
Neither Superman nor Norrin would have an easy time against the other. It's one of the closest fights in comics, unless you think you can just argue powersets and get away with it.

Anyone who says otherwise? Shut up.

I was talking about a tug of war. A test of strength.

-Pr-
I was talking about a tug of war. A test of strength.

Norrin is still plenty strong. Not as strong as Superman, but not some kind of weakling.

Sin I AM
Strength feats are lame. That's not his style anyway. Supes can lift/push/pull a planet all day and he' d still lose the maj to ss everytime

-Pr-
Strength feats are lame. That's not his style anyway. Supes can lift/push/pull a planet all day and he' d still lose the maj to ss everytime

No, he really won't.

Golgo13

But this is a TUG OF WAR thread. This isn't a regular fight.

Sin I AM
their strength is comparable at normal levels and norrin can amp so im sure that it's either equal or slight edge to ss

And PR no

-Pr-
their strength is comparable at normal levels and norrin can amp so im sure that it's either equal or slight edge to ss

And PR no

SS isn't stronger than Superman, even with amping. Superman's dynamic strength would see to that, and the fact that he'd be holding back in the first place.

Yes.

D-Block

lilshogun
On paper, SS can amp is strength many many folds but Marvel politics need to put a cap on SS versatility. Originally posted by -Pr-
SS isn't stronger than Superman, even with amping. Superman's dynamic strength would see to that, and the fact that he'd be holding back in the first place.

Yes.

-Pr-
Superman still has the superior strength feats, and that's what counts tbh.

Starscream M
it's a dumb-ass thread I respectfully disagree

-Pr-
I respectfully disagree

And you're wrong.

Sin I AM
PR not to further unrail this thread but do u think on a random encounter Clark would beat radd for the maj?

Golgo13
What IS Surfer's best strength feat?

-Pr-
PR not to further unrail this thread but do u think on a random encounter Clark would beat radd for the maj?

Pre reboot? Yes. Post, discounting his wonderful feat in the preview, no.

CosmicComet
What IS Surfer's best strength feat?

Don't know.

His recent one after Fear Itself--where he threw that large spaceship into another solar system, was quite good.

Sin I AM
Pre reboot? Yes. Post, discounting his wonderful feat in the preview, no.

Weakness exploitation?

-Pr-
Weakness exploitation?

Given more weight than it actually has, tbh.

abhilegend
Originally posted by abhilegend
http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k508/abhilegend/Marvel/th_GalactusTheDevourer1-31.jpg http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k508/abhilegend/Marvel/th_GalactusTheDevourer1-32.jpg http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k508/abhilegend/Marvel/th_GalactusTheDevourer1-33.jpg http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k508/abhilegend/Marvel/th_GalactusTheDevourer1-34.jpg http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k508/abhilegend/Marvel/th_GalactusTheDevourer1-35.jpg http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k508/abhilegend/Marvel/th_GalactusTheDevourer1-36.jpg

That wasn't even a meteor.........
That's surfer in general.

Sin I AM
That's surfer in general.

I guess its easier living the lie

-Pr-

Irony?

celeyhyga17
Originally posted by CosmicComet
Don't know.

His recent one after Fear Itself--where he threw that large spaceship into another solar system, was quite good.

got scans?

abhilegend
In the next issue he fought red shift in a black hole. You think that was a lower level of portrayal for surfer?Originally posted by celeyhyga17
got scans?
He didn't throw it as much as he made the ship go in the straight line and removing the power to control the ship.

Mindset

He didn't throw it as much as he made the ship go in the straight line and removing the power to control the ship. What?

pym-ftw
Thor Ties Mjoinir to the end of the rope and leaves this stupid thread

abhilegend
Here's the scan btw. Its not a pure strength feat

http://s3d2.turboimagehost.com/t/10695146_Defenders_003_020.jpg

abhilegend
Originally posted by pym-ftw
Thor Ties Mjoinir to the end of the rope and leaves this stupid thread
There is no spell preventing mjolnir from being dragged down the line.

Sin I AM
Irony?

Coming from u sugah taken with a grain of salt

JakeTheBank
lol

I love how this thread has gone critical since I last checked it.

Damborgson

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v677/ecko-man/coleman_wtf.gif

pym-ftw
Yes, that's exactly how the spell works
big grin

Mindset
Coming from u sugah taken with a grain of salt Originally posted by Damborgson
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v677/ecko-man/coleman_wtf.gif

abhilegend
Originally posted by Damborgson
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v677/ecko-man/coleman_wtf.gif Originally posted by pym-ftw
Yes, that's exactly how the spell works
big grin
Nope.

Sin I AM

I see the Thor hate here knows no bounds

Damborgson
Nope.

yes. Superman isn't dragging Mjolnir. It will stay in place. He could rip the chunk of Earth where it's placed on but not tug it.

abhilegend
I see the Thor hate here knows no bounds
I know more about thor than you can dream.Originally posted by Damborgson
yes. Superman isn't dragging Mjolnir. It will stay in place. He could rip the chunk of Earth where it's placed on but not tug it.
Same result.uhuh

Mindset
I know more about thor than you can dream.
Sorry.

Damborgson

Same result.uhuh

http://gifsoup.com/webroot/animatedgifs/239473_o.gif

Sin I AM
Same result.uhuh

Oh so u were just trolling then, wasn't sure if u were serious

Carry on...

-Pr-
Coming from u sugah taken with a grain of salt

Wut.

Mindset
Wut. I'd be more concerned about her calling you "sugah" than it not making sense.

You should have never advertised your location...

Sin I AM
Wut.

Your partial to Clark is all luv

armedforbattle
This thread has become nothing but trolling.
Its great.

abhilegend
Oh so u were just trolling then, wasn't sure if u were serious

Carry on...
I was totally serious.g_hulk

Sin I AM
I was totally serious.g_hulk Originally posted by abhilegend
Same result.uhuh Originally posted by abhilegend

U couldn't possibly be serious with these statements..noone under sky is dragging mjolnir anywhere...but keep thinking that it proves how knowledgeable u are

-Pr-
Your partial to Clark is all luv

I'm partial to Norrin too. Long before I was to Clark.

Let's not pretend I don't have a genuine reason based on showings for why I think the way I do.

Originally posted by Mindset
I'd be more concerned about her calling you "sugah" than it not making sense.

You should have never advertised your location...

no expression

Mindset
You can hire Bruce as a bootyguard.

Sin I AM
I'm partial to Norrin too. Long before I was to Clark.

Let's not pretend I don't have a genuine reason based on showings for why I think the way I do.

no expression

Ok I gather that, but strength will not be the determining factor in a fight between the two. He can bench press as many earths as he likes, he's not overcoming Norrin on strength alone

-Pr-
Ok I gather that, but strength will not be the determining factor in a fight between the two. He can bench press as many earths as he likes, he's not overcoming Norrin on strength alone

Nobody said he would win on strength alone, but pretending it isn't a factor at all is just as silly.

You can hire Bruce as a bootyguard.

You kidding? With his double barrel?

Starscream M

You kidding? With his double barrel? huh...what does that mean? confused

Also, I would protect you if you requested.

Sin I AM
Nobody said he would win on strength alone, but pretending it isn't a factor at all is just as silly.

You kidding? With his double barrel?

Surfer isn't a brawler PR his strength feats are few and far in between. Superman on the other hand is, and is consistently portrayed as such, and has often moved celestial bodies. But that doesn't mean he can't match him, or amp his strength in accordance with Clarks...ss is the head if the herald class for a reason

Mindset
huh...what does that mean? confused

Also, I would protect you if you requested. thumb up

-Pr-
huh...what does that mean? confused

Also, I would protect you if you requested.

I'm sure I'll be fine.

Surfer isn't a brawler PR his strength feats are few and far in between. Superman on the other hand is, and is consistently portrayed as such, and has often moved celestial bodies. But that doesn't mean he can't match him, or amp his strength in accordance with Clarks...ss is the head if the herald class for a reason

Not in terms of strength, he isn't. Surfer might be primarily a ranged fighter, but that doesn't mean Clark isn't fast enough to get in close, where he holds a definite advantage. A strength contest would end badly for Norrin almost every time.

Surfer isn't by default top of the herald class. Especially when stacked up against someone like Thor.

Mindset
Bruce, I request you protect Pr.

-Pr-
Bruce, I request you protect Pr.

From what, my anal virginity?

Mindset
mmm

That's between you and Bruce.

abhilegend
U couldn't possibly be serious with these statements..noone under sky is dragging mjolnir anywhere...but keep thinking that it proves how knowledgeable u are
And why would that be? You already showed us how much you know about these characters.

abhilegend
Yeah, that's why surfer fanboys are laughed at. Surfer has never been beaten by strength, right? Right?Originally posted by Sin I AM
This isn't moving celestial bodies. This is bench pressing the whole ****ing earth for 5 days. Yeah, he amped himself 50 years ago to match a thing who could lift 15 tons atm and said "your strength is beyond my comprehension". On another ocassion he absorbed so much energy to amp himself that he would've exploded if amped any further and released that energy and all he has to destroy a moon by colliding with it and was nearly killed. That means he can match strength with superman liek totally. Lulz.

-Pr-
Abhi, i've already asked you to cut the attitude.

You don't need to be snarky to get your point across, especially when you're right.

JakeTheBank
He's a rogue member of the House of El, much like Carver is a rogue member of the Gamma Church.

abhilegend
Abhi, i've already asked you to cut the attitude.

You don't need to be snarky to get your point across, especially when you're right.
Ok.

Diesldude
From what, my anal virginity?

he's gotta protect what is his.

Batman-Prime
By feats and especially recent Superman most likely wins. In comics and by common sense, everyone from the Team has a good chance to stalemate or take at least 2-4 wins from Supes on his own, especially Thor and SS.
This team stomps. Except if CIS is on for them and off for Supes (OWAW style.)

Or

If Loeb writes the story.

or

if Morrison writes the story.

carver9
The only person that can win this is Hulk...the rest get slung around like a teenager wrestling Brock.

lawest9
Originally posted by carver9
The only person that can win this is Hulk...the rest get slung around like a teenager wrestling Brock. maybe with the aid of the others but not by himself.

Silent Master
This is spite against Superman.

carver9
Originally posted by lawest9
maybe with the aid of the others but not by himself.

WTF? Why can't he? Planetary strength died a long time ago when WWH was introduced. Hell, at his weakest he was shifting a planet twice the size of Earth and did it with ease AFTER being hit by a warp core bomb that split the planet in half.

Sin I AM
WTF? Why can't he? Planetary strength died a long time ago when WWH was introduced. Hell, at his weakest he was shifting a planet twice the size of Earth and did it with ease AFTER being hit by a warp core bomb that split the planet in half.

He was amped

carver9
He was amped

He wasn't amped during that instance...his entire stay on that planet, he was weakened. The bomb pissed him off but not to the point of being near his WWH levels. The writer even stated he was weakened during Planet Hulk.

Sin I AM
He wasn't amped during that instance...his entire stay on that planet, he was weakened. The bomb pissed him off but not to the point of being near his WWH levels. The writer even stated he was weakened during Planet Hulk.

No

-Pr-
Shut up carter.

Also, closed for being a silly thread.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.