Warning about High hopes

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Julie
I think that I can safely say that we all want EpIII to be the best star wars movie ever....however, I think that we should be cautious about what kind of expectations we have for it....EPI expectations were so high that no movie could have ever met them all.....

Let's all just enjoy the rumors and speculation and discussions whilest we wait anxiously Happy Dance

GordonSkywalker
Yeah I see your point, Julie. I think 3 has some great potential, but it also has a heck of a lot of ground to cover, that seemed to be ignored with TPM and AOTC. Maybe that is why the Cartoon network is doing the 'Clone Wars' cartoons?(I read about them in the latest SW Insider, the one with a spotlight on Return of the Jedi). Either way, I am looking forward to it.

Member.
hm...ever wonder how long it's gonna be? if there r alot of things to cover, then its probably gonna be long, at least longer than the rest. and good point there, maybe thats why they doing the cartoon. but its def gonna be the saddest SW movie eversad, i dont think i can keep back the tears at the endstick out tongue. the way GL has written, it almost seems the events in SW actually happenedbig grin, wish they did.

Member.
and when epIII comes out, we COULD almost be happy.

GordonSkywalker
It is possible.

Member.
everything's possiblebig grin

GordonSkywalker
So I have heard.

Julie
I'm pretty sure I'll be happy with EpIII no matter how good it is....even if they made every character out of clay!

GordonSkywalker
Hey, yeah! Forget the Clone Wars- Have a Clay Wars!

Julie
Now that would be quite interesting.....certainly less casualties...

Evil Windu
I Agree.. Anyways I cant wait !!

Julie
you and everybody!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.....kinda wish it was 2005

GordonSkywalker
If it was 2005 I would really be kicking myself for not getting my license yet. I have big plans to see Episode 3 when it does come out though.

Julie
good....you should make it by then...practice practice and more practice

GordonSkywalker
Ah yes, I can see it now: Driving myself into the parking lot of the movie cinema playing Star Wars:Episode III. Such freedom, such bliss at being able to pick up my pals(if they're still around) and go see this masterpiece.

Member.
hm...i'd say screw u allstick out tonguejk, jk, jk, jk, jkbig grin, im gonna sleep in the theaters and be the first in line for midnight runbig grinbig grinstick out tongueHappy Dance, maybe dress as jedi...or my vader costume, which one do u think?

Evil Windu
lol. I remember when I went to go see AOTC on opening day not many people came.. I think there was 5 inc. myself and I was the only one dressed up in a sith robe with my Master Replicas Luke Skywalker ESB Lightsaber.. It was awesome..

Member.
very nicebig grinwhistle

GordonSkywalker
Great idea. Everyone ought to dress up.

Member.
the new jedi orderlaughing out loud, i gotta fly to britain when ep3 come outbig grin

Julie
Why?

queeq
Because of.... The MEETING!!

GordonSkywalker
Well I think it's a cool thought,don't you?

queeq
It has been for a few years yes.

Member.
why i gotta fly to britain? hm...dont most of u live in britainbig grin

GordonSkywalker
I don't. Not sure about the rest.

Member.
well anyway, we should all fly to britain when ep3 comes out and be like this new-jedi order group, don't forget to dress upbig grinjklaughing out loud

GordonSkywalker
Yeah I'll have to hop a flight to get there, but when I do arrive it will all be worth it. big grin

Julie
don't think I'll be flying anywhere ...anytime soon

GordonSkywalker
Well I did perhaps get carried away about the flying bit, as I have no plans to travel by airplane anytime in the near future.

Julie
flying is fun....

Member.
weeeeeee, look at me!!! im flyingstick out tonguejk!!!!

Julie
whoa.....come back to earth....high hope....could carry you away....but let's hope not

Ushgarak
I think you were in a bad mood when you started this thread, Julie.

GordonSkywalker
Only she knows that and it has little to do with her discussion I feel.

cookies2006
Gordon, out of everybody on this thread you are the only guy i know that can do the superman trick. Get it?

Julie
i don't....
anyway....Ush....I don't think it was a bad mood so much a case of cynism or pessimism

cookies2006
we all get that way every once in a while.

GordonSkywalker
No I don't get it either. Perhaps you could enlighten me if you would be so kind friend. confused

Ushgarak
I was actually cheating there because I have Julie's 'bad mood' PMs she wrote me at the time...

GordonSkywalker
Right. Back on topic though I still maintain 3 has excellent potential to surpass both prequel films and possibly bring back the feel of the classic era. The recent news of Chewbacca's involvement in this new film adds hope that this film could be remembered in the same light as the original series. Plus there is the added advantage of us seeing the long-talked about but never seen CloneWars. smile

Ushgarak
Sadly unlikely- strong likelihood is that they are either just finished when the film starts, or that the film starts with the final battle- though that would be worth seeing.

Member.
it would be cool--->movie starts, the music and the prologue, then it switches to 3 starfighters fighting 4 other fighters in space above a planet and then some big starships go towards the planet and land on it and we see troops charging out under heavy fire and the foward troops get wiped out by big explosion and then big mech thing wit 2 big wheels comes out and shoots dozens of missles out and the missles impacts one big starship and starship while landing falls and explodes and more troops die, then we see windu and yoda on another planet with communicator with the troops saying that they have heavy losses and yoda says that this war is bad or something and windu agreeing. then we switch to anakin wit padme and walking on another planet and she kisses him because anakin has to go with some other jedis to another planet to do some undercover work thing and she doesn't want him to die so she cries or something and anakin comforts her. then we switch to the battle on the other planet and troops saying to yoda over communicator that something is happening and then communication breaks and then troops die by huge explosion thing by some powerful weapon that no one knew about.<----just my thoughts on the start of ep3big grin

cookies2006
Very cool member. The superman trick is what Neo does in the matrix reloaded. He flies like SUPERMAN.

Ushgarak
There is a rumour that Anakin has his own customised Starfighter in Ep. iii. A starting fight seems a good place to use it.

GordonSkywalker
Yes that would be cool. As for the status of the Clone Wars by the movie's opening, it might still be cool to show the last battle involving Anakin in the scene suggested by Member. And him having his own starfighter would be a great idea.I am a bit disappointed about the wars being mostly over by the time of the third episode but then again maybe that is why all the related stuff is being released between now and the release date.

Ushgarak
From a practical point of view I guess there is no room for the Wars.

Member.
yea, like the cartoon.

GordonSkywalker
Because of all the stuff that has to be crammed into two hours, I suppose it is better not to have the entire Wars going on within the context of the film.

Member.
laughing out loudgood point.

Julie
maybe someone will make a documentary on the clone wars later....who knows

GordonSkywalker
What do you mean a documentary? And who would make such a thing?

cookies2006
Someone with the permission of GL.

GordonSkywalker
Is that feasible to do?

cookies2006
? Guess it would be up to him.?

Julie
There are plenty of strange movies out there....why not just make up one more?

kegs202
It will be superb

The Ones
i cant believe you just ressurrected a thread over 2 years old kegs no expression

astrofan428
Holy rotting topics Batman!

Just kidding, tomorrow night we will begin to make are own opinions of the movie. And if they met our hopes will be revealed. WOOHOO!!!

yodafan
W00h00 May 19th is so soon, lets bring up all the dead threads to celabrate!!!

smoker4
Lets not smile

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.