Darkseid vs. Avengers/F4/GoTG

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

JakeTheBank
Darkseid

vs.

Captain America
Thor
Iron Man
Hulk
Hawkeye
Black Widow
Rulk
Vision
Captain Britain
Ms. Marvel
Luke Cage
Iron Fist
Spider-Woman
War Machine
Giant-Man
Spider-Man
Drax
Starlord
Bug
Gamora
Rocket Raccoon
Groot
Mr. Fantastic
Invisible Woman
Thing
Human Torch

(anyone else I missed)

Team arrives to face Darkseid en masse, all charging at once.

EDIT:

1.) "Avatar"/Pre-Flashpoint Darkseid.
2.) DCnU Darkseid

Damborgson
http://images.killermovies.com/forums/customsmilies/mmm.gif

psycho gundam
somehow, thor get's laid out. guaranteed

celeyhyga17
Originally posted by psycho gundam
somehow, thor get's laid out. guaranteed

Right after Hulk...

psycho gundam
you've just created a paradox

dmills
Jake. Thanks for doing the classy thing by bringing it here and not wrecking the ownage thread brother thumb up

JakeTheBank
Legitimately curious as to the responses here.

Personally, I think this is spite against Darkseid and absolutely so against his DCnU counterpart and if the mods view it as such, I'd be more than happy to see this get closed.

Conversely, according to others in the Ownage Thread, given Superman's very recent feat (too lazy to link it here, but someone will post it, hopefully), it sheds light as to Superman's upper strength and conversely, Darkseid's.

Demonic Phoenix
CA solos.

psycho gundam
looks like jake is cracking.

a shame really, jake was a shining light in this forum

Damborgson

Zack Fair
Normal Thanos would've laughed at that team facepalm

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by psycho gundam
looks like jake is cracking.

a shame really, jake was a shining light in this forum

http://gifsoup.com/webroot/animatedgifs/129267_o.gif

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by Zack Fair
Normal Thanos would've laughed at that team facepalm

That is highly debatable depending on who you talk to.

comicfan11
I agree that a Starlin written Thanos would take this team down.
Sadly he lost, badly in his latest in continuityt appearance.
I understand many fans got upset by that, but as of today it happened and is indicative of Thano's power levels and part of his CV.

As for this thread I'll give it a crack

"Avatar" Darkseid prolly loses. Especially if we look at some stuff like Apokolpis Now. He would take most of them out but loose to numbers.

NuDarkseid can win this IMHO.

I see it going down like this (correct me if I'm wrong on the threat levels to DS according to his appearance in Justice League #4-6)

Possible threats to DS are Thor, Hulk, Rulk, Gamora (with the Godslayer)

Anoyances to DS are Ms Marvel, Captain Britain, Vision, Groot, Invisible Woman, Thing

Minor anoyances to DS are Iron Man, War Machine, Drax, Human Torch

Next to nothing to DS are Hawkeye, Black Widow, Luke Cage, Iron Fist, Spider Woman, Giant Man, Starlord, Bug, Rocket Raccoon, Mister Fantastic (in a physical fight), Spider Man,

So it's Thor, Rulk, Hulk, Gamora (only if she has the Godslayer) and mainly some energy projection from Invisible Woman and Ms Marvel.

I can see NuDS beating this team.

And before anyone calls me crazy, I just want to remind everyone that DS was beating the Justice League, all the time and the League had no way way of putting him down but a last second Hail Mary bfr.

He tore up GL's constructs (actually he was walking away from them as GL was just breaking them on him), took a sword and a trident in his eyes that seemed to have no effect whatsoever, and after that proceeded to manhandle WW with one hand and then a charging Supes, and at the same time taking punches from Aquaman and blasts from GL and Cyborg.

Plus his Omega beams would make short work of most of the other members. If Flash can barely outrun them, I doubt anyone here can.

pym-ftw
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Darkseid

vs.

Thor
Iron Man
Hulk
Captain Britain
Ms. Marvel
Giant-Man
Drax

Team arrives to face Darkseid en masse, all charging at once.

EDIT:

1.) "Avatar"/Pre-Flashpoint Darkseid.
2.) DCnU Darkseid
Ok after eliminating the chaff i'd say its a stomp in round one.

Round two is impossible to say right now other than Thor Bfring DS away

-Pr-
DCNU Darkseid didn't beat "5 earths Superman" in the slightest. It was five years of growth in power, and considering that Superman has showings before the lobdell comic that put him at a reasonable level, then that's what Darkseid fought: A reasonably levelled Superman, who wasn't pushing his powers nearly as much as this new one is.

Sure, that Superman was the League's big gun, and very powerful, but ABC logic doesn't fly, period.

The Sorrow
Marvel team roll Darkseid over.

Also, every member of this team weren't attacking Thanos and tbh the ones that did made it seem like overkill.

abhilegend
Originally posted by The Sorrow

Also, every member of this team weren't attacking Thanos and tbh the ones that did made it seem like overkill.
They also just punched him once and that's it. Thanos getting beat by these team isn't bad but he wasn't just beaten, he was wtfcurbstomped and was presented as no threat whatsoever. That's what makes it bad for him.

celeyhyga17
Originally posted by The Sorrow

the writer/artist clearly implies that there were off-panel goings on that involved the rest of the group. (ie arrows and Thanos looks like he tanked blasts)

The Sorrow
Originally posted by abhilegend
They also just punched him once and that's it. Thanos getting beat by these team isn't bad but he wasn't just beaten, he was wtfcurbstomped and was presented as no threat whatsoever. That's what makes it bad for him.
I think one or two attacks weren't shown but I agree for the most part, the heroes seemed to beat him with ease.

Originally posted by celeyhyga17
the writer/artist clearly implies that there were off-panel goings on that involved the rest of the group. (ie arrows and Thanos looks like he tanked blasts)
Well lets be honest here, this was a mugging and Thanos was completely dominated. I think there were one or two attacks not depicted too, but it certainly wasn't this entire ensemble of characters attacking him either.

In hindsight it's not surprising Thanos mind controlled Hulk and turned him on the Avengers earlier in the series because based on how badly he was beaten here, it might not have ended well for him.

abhilegend
Yeah, I mean if captain america saying "Make a move, I'm begging you" and rocket racoon saying "you're done" doesn't makes people realize that thanos was beaten here like he owed heroes money, then nothing will. Less than this made darkseid "Jobberseid".

Bouboumaster
1- Team
2- Team

Rage.Of.Olympus
Tbh, I can easily see Darkseid withstanding the beating that Thanos took noticeably better. It wasn't like the people on the list just hammered Thanos continuously together for a long period of time.

The Avengers simply took turns punching Thanos in the face one by one. Thor struck him once, so did Hulk, Rulk, Thing, Grott, Captain America, and Vision. Say what you will about Darkseid but I don't think I've ever seen a portrayal where only 5 elite blows (Hulk/Rulk/Thor = 3 elites, and the rest equal = 2 elite, that's my indisputable math), would leave him so utterly humiliated and broken.

The era of Starlin is over my friends, expect for Thanos' stuck to just keep dropping, especially if he's being written by guys like Bendis. We're just lucky he didn't face the New Avengers or Luke Cage, Spider-Woman and Wolverine would have beaten him up solo.

The worst part about all this is how retarded Thanos looks though, especially in comparison to what comes earlier in his history.

abhilegend
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Tbh, I can easily see Darkseid withstanding the beating that Thanos took noticeably better. It wasn't like the people on the list just hammered Thanos continuously together for a long period of time.

The Avengers simply took turns punching Thanos in the face one by one. Thor struck him once, so did Hulk, Rulk, Thing, Grott, Captain America, and Vision. Say what you will about Darkseid but I don't think I've ever seen a portrayal where only 5 elite blows (Hulk/Rulk/Thor = 3 elites, and the rest equal = 2 elite, that's my indisputable math), would leave him so utterly humiliated and broken.

The era of Starlin is over my friends, expect for Thanos' stuck to just keep dropping, especially if he's being written by guys like Bendis. We're just lucky he didn't face the New Avengers or Luke Cage, Spider-Woman and Wolverine would have beaten him up solo.

The worst part about all this is how retarded Thanos looks though, especially in comparison to what comes earlier in his history.
thumb up
Even in AN, darkseid was down by an all out superman after a LONG drawn out fight and his omegas hurting him. I'd LOL if thanos returns in GOtG under bendis.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Meh, Apokolips Now Darkseid would tank that shit and get up no problem. Superman hit Darkseid -noticeably- harder than any other Top Tier hit Thanos here (Hulk and Thor being the only exceptions) and he did it a lot more.

vince_slice
I'm sure Thanos took a lot more blows then what was shown on panel. There were probably a lot more off-panel but obviously they can't show everyone hitting Thanos, there's like over 20 heroes and limited space in a comic. E.g., he had arrows and a part of his suit was burning shows heavily implies other attacks were off-panel.

It was a bad showing for Thanos, but that doesn't invalidate his past feats though. If that were the case, then all you would need to beat Thor is a few laser pistols, but obviously that's stupid.

comicfan11
The team that beat Thanos was not so powerful at all
Thor, Hulk and maybe Rulk (I'm used to Loeb force Rulk, but if it he is around Thing level now, that make's it even more pathetic for Thanos) and that's it as far as opponents that would give Thanos problem go if Starlin was writing him.

People seem to try and desperately low ball the fact that Thanos got
pierced multiple times by Hawkeye's arrows (street leveler with the most basic ranged weapon in human history)
got his teeth knocked out by Cap (street leveler with a piece of metal)
got his face punched in by Vision.
was bleeding from his mouth, nose and also seen coughing blood, on his knees, with heroes making fun of him before, during and after the beating (I can't call it a fight since Thanos was outmatched the whole time)

So tbh NuDS could beat this team down, or at least look better than a bleeding, toothless wreck on his hands and knees with a symphony of mocking around him.

His Omega's alone would take most of the group that beat Thanos out or his area attack that leveled the League when he first appeared.

Characters like Hawkeye, Cap, Widow, Cage etc, should and would have no effect on Thanos under Starlin.
But as it stands now a Legolas can pierce Thanos skin, and characters like Luce Cage,Robocop and Iron Munro have way better feats against arrows (and shields) than Thanos.

Sad for a character like Thanos? True.
In continuity and in a major team book? Even truer.

vince_slice
^ Cap never knocked out Thanos tooth. The panel right after Cap's shield hit Thanos shows his teeth fully intact. Also the arrows never pierced his skin, if you look again, all the arrows hit his yellow shoulder armour. There were none on his actual body, and no blood either.

basilisk
When you have a bunch of 100+ guys like Thor, Hulk, Groot, Rulk etc beating down on a Thanos with no shields up that's pretty much what I always imagined would happen. He's not a Skyfather after all. Sure I would have expected Thanos to have put up more of prolonged fight before he went down but while he got beat up badly he wasn't KO'd. But he's just not going to physically beat those guys together (although the way Thor and Rulk are these days sort of affects my expectations - I'm surprised Thor wasn't KO'd himself).

Also I doubt the characters like Hawkeye, Cap, Widow, Cage had any effect at all.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by vince_slice
^ Cap never knocked out Thanos tooth. The panel right after Cap's shield hit Thanos shows his teeth fully intact. Also the arrows never pierced his skin, if you look again, all the arrows hit his yellow shoulder armour. There were none on his actual body, and no blood either.

http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/13621182/Avengers_Assemble-Zone-019.jpg.html

I'm going with the arrows at least breaking skin. Using Hawkeye's taunt arrow in that scene as a frame of refrence, almost half of each arrow is buried in Thanos. His armor -around the shoulders anyway- has been drawn as pretty thick, but not that thick. At least not in this issue.

Besides, there are arrows buried in his back.

iceman24567
lol Clint is god

comicfan11
Even if it wasn't Cap who broke Thanos teeth, it still means a street leveler with a hard chunk of metal can still punch Thanos in the face and he'll feel it (or at least be strong enough to throw Thano's head back.
Point is Thanos got his teeth broken among other things in this fight.

Also I agree with the poster above me, the arrows clearly pierced Thanos. And I always thought the shoulder pads were just decoration.
If not does that mean Thanos needs an armor?
After this beating it seems so.

JakeTheBank
It's really not the first time Cap's blows have phased elites. Thanos in IG, King Thor, Hulk, etc.

comicfan11
Still doesn't help Thanos's case in the least.

Just think of this.

Take some friends of yours that have no idea about comics and show them the Darkseid vs Justice League Fight and the recent Thanos fight. Telling them of course who the characters are and what they can do.

And ask them to tell you who looked more powerful and who looked humiliated after the fights. Or just ask them to tell you what happened in their own words.

I'm sure you'll get the same results I got.

DS looked like an unstoppable big bad boss.
Thanos...I can honestly say I felt he was going to bust some tears after Rocket Raccoon was mocking him.

And LOL at the idea of Tony or Reed making an actual tooth fairy from Thanos's broken teeth. That would be priceless.

People don't seem to understand what this means for Thanos's rep and power levels.

I'll say it again
Luce Cake could be sleeping and still Hawkeye's arrows wouldn't do anything to him.
Thanos became a toothless pin cushion.

JakeTheBank
It looks bad for Thanos (and it is) but he got jumped by Groot, Thor, Rulk, Hulk, Vision, Captain America, and god knows what else happened off panel - and I personally really doubt Thanos just took one punch/strike a piece from those guys I mentioned as the rest just stood there.

In any case, using Captain America as the straw that broke the camel's back when he has a history of sonning people who are elites when the moment calls for it is kind of silly. Not even the first time Thanos registered his blows.

If you compare the roster from the Justice League and that of the combined forces of the Avengers/F4/GotG and asked a fan with minimal or no knowledge outside of telling him the basics of what each character can and has done, I find it very hard to believe they'll think the League is more formidable.

comicfan11
It looks bad for Thanos (and it is) but he got jumped by Groot, Thor, Rulk, Hulk, Vision, Captain America, and god knows what else happened off panel - and I personally really doubt Thanos just took one punch/strike a piece from those guys I mentioned as the rest just stood there.

In any case, using Captain America as the straw that broke the camel's back when he has a history of sonning people who are elites when the moment calls for it is kind of silly. Not even the first time Thanos registered his blows.

I agree on some of your points.
Thanos's history is better than this.

But this is the current status.
It's in continuity, in the main team book of the whole Marvel Universe, written by the most commercial Marvel writer for the last decade at least.

As for off panel happenings, does it really matter? We all know most of the damage was done by Thor, Rulk, Hulk and maybe Groot.
None of them would be too much for Thanos under Starlin, BUT the point is this happened yesterday, and until some writer retcons this, this is Thanos for anyone who follows comics.

It's the simple reality of things.

If you want just show your friends in which status Thanos and DS were AFTER the fight. DS was winning the fight , Thanos had already lost in a humiliating way.

And I seriously think that Supes, GL, WW, Flash, Aquaman and Cyborg are more formidable as a group against the Thor, Hul, Rulk and maybe Invisible Woman, Iron Man and Groot (who I consider as the most dangerous from the group that attacked Thanos)
It's not a matter of numbers.
You can take out everyone below maybe Pym or Drax, and the characters you are left with are not more powerful than the League.
IMHO of course.

comicfan11
If Rulk was using his energy absorption powers, or Reed some tech, then yeah they would present a bigger threat

But we already know Rulk doesn't use his powers anymore and there was no tech involved (apart from the thing that brought Thanos back to his normal level)

The team that beat Thanos, was not impressive IMHO ofcourse.

3-5 people that can cause damage to Thanos and A LOT of fodder.

And yet even the fodder shat all over Thanos.

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by comicfan11
I agree on some of your points.
Thanos's history is better than this.

But this is the current status.
It's in continuity, in the main team book of the whole Marvel Universe, written by the most commercial Marvel writer for the last decade at least.

As for off panel happenings, does it really matter? We all know most of the damage was done by Thor, Rulk, Hulk and maybe Groot.
None of them would be too much for Thanos under Starlin, BUT the point is this happened yesterday, and until some writer retcons this, this is Thanos for anyone who follows comics.

It's the simple reality of things.

It is. And per forum rules and mod rulings we're supposed to use characters at their optimal levels of standard depictions (barring stips or when directly stated otherwise). So yes, this feat is canon and can be used for evidence. It certainly doesn't contradict everything about the characters in the general sense, though. If we applied that reasoning for every feat ever from here on out, we're going to have some outright retarded stances being made.

We don't know what happened off panel, but it's very clear that Thanos was attacked until he was bloodied (we don't even see what causes that). And considering the feats of Thor, Rulk, Hulk, and Groot, even if it was just them attacking Thanos and dealing damage to him, Thanos dropping to his knees and still being conscious and denying defeat isn't the horrible feat you might think it is.

It's Thanos, sure. But indicative of his entire history and average depictions which we're to use for versus forums? No, not really.

I guess I just never cling to high end or low end single feats/comics to make or break characters as it's just asking for trouble, imo.

quanchi112
If Rulk was using his energy absorption powers, or Reed some tech, then yeah they would present a bigger threat

But we already know Rulk doesn't use his powers anymore and there was no tech involved (apart from the thing that brought Thanos back to his normal level)

The team that beat Thanos, was not impressive IMHO ofcourse.

3-5 people that can cause damage to Thanos and A LOT of fodder.

And yet even the fodder shat all over Thanos. They all jumped him. Thanos still wasn't ko'd and I've seen Thor's atacks alone wreck Galactus' helmet so calm down. Darkseid was bested by an inexperienced jla team. Thanos required the Elders aid, a plot device, and three teams which have saved the universe on their own more than anyone can remember to count and at the end Thanos still wasn't ko'd.

comicfan11
It is. And per forum rules and mod rulings we're supposed to use characters at their optimal levels of standard depictions (barring stips or when directly stated otherwise). So yes, this feat is canon and can be used for evidence. It certainly doesn't contradict everything about the characters in the general sense, though. If we applied that reasoning for every feat ever from here on out, we're going to have some outright retarded stances being made.

We don't know what happened off panel, but it's very clear that Thanos was attacked until he was bloodied (we don't even see what causes that). And considering the feats of Thor, Rulk, Hulk, and Groot, even if it was just them attacking Thanos and dealing damage to him, Thanos dropping to his knees and still being conscious and denying defeat isn't the horrible feat you might think it is.

It's Thanos, sure. But indicative of his entire history and average depictions which we're to use for versus forums? No, not really.

I guess I just never cling to high end or low end single feats/comics to make or break characters as it's just asking for trouble, imo.

I agree on most of this, and if Thanos lost the fight in a competent way, then yeah you could almost say it's not sooooooo bad.

But the details are what make it so noteworthy.
And the state in which Thanos was left after the fight, is the icing on the cake.

Bottom line I can't wait for the next Thanos vs Odin thread for example.
It should be fun after this.

quanchi112
I agree on most of this, and if Thanos lost the fight in a competent way, then yeah you could almost say it's not sooooooo bad.

And the state in which Thanos was left after the fight, is the icing on the cake.

It should be fun after this. Thanos was bloody and missing a tooth after the combined attacks from Thor (who rocked Galactus' helmet and has hurt him before), Hulk( whose strength is dynamic and has destroyed planets easily while overpowering practically anyone he comes in contract with save Thanos), Rulk (killed Grandmaster, punched out a watcher, an ddefeated odinforce Thor), etc.

All he had was some blood and missed a tooth and those are just three characters who attacked him on panel. He wasn't ko'd or defeated.

JakeTheBank

It should be fun after this.

Well, he got his cube powers sapped away from him thanks to plot device, and while he was in shock over being depowered, got attacked by the Avengers, Guardians of the Galaxy, and the Fantastic Four, with three of those people definietely boasting the feats to be a threat on some level to Thanos.

And at the end, Thanos was bloody and still conscious. Hulk and Thor alone, the two top heroes in the Marvel Universe for the past several decades, have plenty of feats warranting them roughing up Thanos to some degree. So I really don't see this as horrific a showing for Thanos as some others do. Is it bad? Certainly not one of his finer moments, that's for sure.

This fight doesn't really change the outcome for Thanos vs. Odin.

Silent Master
Why? everyone agress that Thanos vs Odin = Odin wins 10/10.

Well, everyone except the Thanos trolls.

comicfan11
Whatever you think about this fight is obvious aint gonna change soon.
And that's cool I accept that.
Everyone has favorite characters.

The thing that matters is what the majority of the people on this forum thinks about the outcome.

Similar to you you can't convince me when I'm staring at those pages, that Thanos wasn't devastated, bloodied and humiliated left on his hands and knees with teeth missing and arrows sticking out of his back in this fight, from characters that he should be able to beat 10 years ago.

And we all know Thor's recent record (which pains me as he is prolly my favorite Marvel character).

As for the other poster (quan) I already told you (years ago) I don't acknowledge anything you say (or try to spin) that has to do with Thanos.
Your reputation precedes you, here and in other more Marvel friendly forums.

Cheers

quanchi112
Two down. Anyone else before I log out ?

carver9
Lol...get em quan.

JakeTheBank
Quan's tapped into the Dark Hadou.

zopzop
If Bendis wrote this fight, Clint, CA, and Spider Woman would have bloodied and wounded Darkseid all by themselves.

There are scans floating around this board showing Bendis-power Spider Woman tearing apart Worthy Hulk.

JayDaDon
thumb up And Bendis-Cage would give Darkseid the final dropkick back into his boom tube.

vince_slice
http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/13621182/Avengers_Assemble-Zone-019.jpg.html

I'm going with the arrows at least breaking skin. Using Hawkeye's taunt arrow in that scene as a frame of refrence, almost half of each arrow is buried in Thanos. His armor -around the shoulders anyway- has been drawn as pretty thick, but not that thick. At least not in this issue.

Besides, there are arrows buried in his back.
I disagree, I don't think the arrows pierced Thanos' skin at all. The scan shows all the arrows are on his yellow shoulder armour. None on his actual body, like I said. The arrows don't look that deep either to me, but the art is crappy in that panel, so its ambiguous. There's also no blood either, if that many arrows pierced his skin, there would definitely be blood. Finally, being pierced by normal arrows would deviate so far from Thanos average, that it'd be PIS, considering what he's tanked. So I doubt his skin was pierced.

Batman-Prime
Originally posted by quanchi112
Thanos was bloody and missing a tooth after the combined attacks from Thor (who rocked Galactus' helmet and has hurt him before), Hulk( whose strength is dynamic and has destroyed planets easily while overpowering practically anyone he comes in contract with save Thanos), Rulk (killed Grandmaster, punched out a watcher, an ddefeated odinforce Thor), etc.

All he had was some blood and missed a tooth and those are just three characters who attacked him on panel. He wasn't ko'd or defeated.

Galactus Armor isn't that durable... this was normal Hulk and not WBH... this is depowered Rulk not LF Rulk...

As for this thread, some lesser Avatars of Darkseid would get defeated, some would stomp, true Darkseid wins with ease.

StiltmanFTW
I disagree, I don't think the arrows pierced Thanos' skin at all. The scan shows all the arrows are on his yellow shoulder armour. None on his actual body, like I said. The arrows don't look that deep either to me, but the art is crappy in that panel, so its ambiguous. There's also no blood either, if that many arrows pierced his skin, there would definitely be blood. Finally, being pierced by normal arrows would deviate so far from Thanos average, that it'd be PIS, considering what he's tanked. So I doubt his skin was pierced.

I doubt Hawkeye is using "normal" arrows... he was able to injure Piledriver at close range... and Thanos' piercing durability sucks, to be honest.

Zack Fair
The arrows shouldn't even pierce his armor. To hell with Hawkeye.

StiltmanFTW
The arrows shouldn't even pierce his armor. To hell with Hawkeye.

Clint is a much better character and amped by Bendispower he eats purple turtles on breakfast.

Philosophía
Darkseid. Him flexing with energy knocked out the entire JLA; don't see why that wouldn't work here, and once he'd be done with that, he either beats the shit out of or Omegas the ones that haven't died.

vince_slice
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
I doubt Hawkeye is using "normal" arrows... he was able to injure Piledriver at close range... and Thanos' piercing durability sucks, to be honest. If they were like adamantium arrows or something, then it'd be more believable. But normal arrows? At Thanos' weakest god slayer broke on his skin, and Star-Lords guns couldn't scratch him. So normal arrows piercing him seems so far off it makes my head hurt.

comicfan11
If they were like adamantium arrows or something, then it'd be more believable. But normal arrows? At Thanos' weakest god slayer broke on his skin, and Star-Lords guns couldn't scratch him. So normal arrows piercing him seems so far off it makes my head hurt.

Still until it's proven otherwise these were standard Hawkeye arrows. And I doubt Hawkeye would use adamantium tips and have them spread all over the place after every fight.

vince_slice
Still until it's proven otherwise these were standard Hawkeye arrows. And I doubt Hawkeye would use adamantium tips and have them spread all over the place after every fight.
Well like I said I don't think the arrows pierced his skin, for the reasons I already listed.

Rage.Of.Olympus

They definitely looked like they pierced his skin to me. Like I said, barely more than half of the length of Clint's arrows are sticking out of Thanos. Just how freaking thick do you think his armor is? And they were also sticking out of his back, where the yellow armor seems to be barely thicker than the blue suit.

Call it PIS if you want, I have absolutely no problem with that. But denying it because its stupid or we don't like it isn't something I disagree with.

I didn't say all the arrows pierced his skin, but some no doubt did, particularly the ones on his back. There doesn't have to be a pool of blood to confirm what we see with our eyes.

vince_slice
They definitely looked like they pierced his skin to me. Like I said, barely more than half of the length of Clint's arrows are sticking out of Thanos. Just how freaking thick do you think his armor is? And they were also sticking out of his back, where the yellow armor seems to be barely thicker than the blue suit.

Call it PIS if you want, I have absolutely no problem with that. But denying it because its stupid or we don't like it isn't something I disagree with.

I didn't say all the arrows pierced his skin, but some no doubt did, particularly the ones on his back. There doesn't have to be a pool of blood to confirm what we see with our eyes.

The arrows on his shoulders definitely didn't pierce his skin. The only one that might've is the one on his back. No you don't need a pool of blood, but If his skin was pierced (as deep as you think it was) then it makes absolutely no sense that there's not a single drop of blood in the wounded area. Usually in comics if something pierces someone's body/skin, there's blood in the area pierced at the very least to artistically imply piercing of the skin. But there's not a single drop of blood on his body from the arrow.

On top of that if you scroll down in the scan you posted, we see a clear shot of Thanos' back with no arrows (maybe they fell off) and his back is virtually unscathed with no blood or wounds from the arrows. Makes me doubt it pierced his skin as deep as you said at all.

http://oi49.tinypic.com/242tks6.jpg

comicfan11
Having looked at the pics IMO there's absolutely no way those arrows didn't pierce Thanos.

In the whole issue his armor looks as thick as a jacket.
The arrows are at least half their length in.

Either Thanos clothing acts as a doorway to another dimension or the other halves of these arrows are buried deep in his purple skin.

And Hawkeye would have to be pretty much stupid if continued firing the same arrows at Thanos if the had no effect, or he would try a different spot, being the greatest archer in the MU and all.

Check the length of the arrows stuck in Thanos with the length of the arrow Hawkeye is pointing at him in the same panel.
I don't think it get's much clearer than that tbh

Nihilist
I doubt Hawkeye is using "normal" arrows... he was able to injure Piledriver at close range... and Thanos' piercing durability sucks, to be honest. How does Thanos piercing durabilty suck, are you going to go off this 1 story that goes against other recent Thanos stories?

As for the Starlin era over crap, Thanos has been wrote a consistant lvl by Giffen and Dna for years after Starlin.

It is funny seeing posters wet their pants and a Bendis story thinking it changes everything Thanos has ever done.

Silent Master
It's almost as funny as watching Thanos fanboys cry because he got his butt kicked.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Batman-Prime
Galactus Armor isn't that durable... this was normal Hulk and not WBH... this is depowered Rulk not LF Rulk...

As for this thread, some lesser Avatars of Darkseid would get defeated, some would stomp, true Darkseid wins with ease. Yes, it is. Dear Lord do you read comics at all ? Rulk's the same guy whose showings have varied and Hulk has wrecked an asteroid twice the size of earth when far weaker than savage hulk. Feats don't change the heirarchy of anything, kid.

Darkseid would have his eyes ripped out solo by the Hulk here. Darkeid has been solod by Doomsday and his true self hasn't beaten anyone on panel.

StiltmanFTW
Rulk's been significantly depowered.

Batman-Prime
Yes, it is. Dear Lord do you read comics at all ? Rulk's the same guy whose showings have varied and Hulk has wrecked an asteroid twice the size of earth when far weaker than savage hulk. Feats don't change the heirarchy of anything, kid.

Darkseid would have his eyes ripped out solo by the Hulk here. Darkeid has been solod by Doomsday and his true self hasn't beaten anyone on panel.

You mad? You have to be^^. Thanos got his ass kicked, it was rather pathetic. Shocked, humiliated... bleeding like a virgin, maybe the tooth fairy will give him something wink.

Head your advice and read some comics. Rulk was depowered and had his ass kicked almost as bad as Thor these days^^. Still Rulk =! LF Rulk. Hulk =! WBH. Learn the difference, boy ^^.

Wrong. You should come to DC and embrace the original (Darkseid) not the cheap and weak rip off (Thanos) wink.

quanchi112
You mad? You have to be^^. Thanos got his ass kicked, it was rather pathetic. Shocked, humiliated... bleeding like a virgin, maybe the tooth fairy will give him something wink.

Head your advice and read some comics. Rulk was depowered and had his ass kicked almost as bad as Thor these days^^. Still Rulk =! LF Rulk. Hulk =! WBH. Learn the difference, boy ^^.

Wrong. You should come to DC and embrace the original (Darkseid) not the cheap and weak rip off (Thanos) wink. He wasn't even beaten or ko'd so why would I be upset. A weaker Hulk wrecked something bigger than a planet so quit referring to WBH, his power is dynamic anyways.

Seid's eyes were destroyed and beaten by an inexperienced jla. Thanos wasn't ko'd or beaten by three super teams.

quanchi112
Rulk's been significantly depowered. Hulk hasn't. Thor hasn't.

Silent Master
The team beat the @$%^ out of Thanos, he's just lucky they stopped when they did.

Batman-Prime
He wasn't even beaten or ko'd so why would I be upset. A weaker Hulk wrecked something bigger than a planet so quit referring to WBH, his power is dynamic anyways.

Seid's eyes were destroyed and beaten by an inexperienced jla. Thanos wasn't ko'd or beaten by three super teams.

http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100318024248/southpark/images/e/e9/ScottTenormanMustDie30.gif

Darkseid was bfr and not on his knees, bleeding and being a joke for "Cute" furry heroes laughing out loud

quanchi112
http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100318024248/southpark/images/e/e9/ScottTenormanMustDie30.gif

Darkseid was bfr and not on his knees, bleeding and being a joke for "Cute" furry heroes laughing out loud Thanos was bfr'd and had use of both his eyes. Thanos wasn't ko'd nor beaten and took on far more than Darkseid who was blinded by Aquaman while he fought like Jason Voorhees.

Zack Fair

Darkseid was bfr and not on his knees, bleeding and being a joke for "Cute" furry heroes laughing out loud Perfect pic. crylaugh

Silent Master
Thanos was BFR'd after he got his #$% kicked by the team, he's lucky that the Elders saved him when they did.

Batman-Prime
Thanos was bfr'd and had use of both his eyes. Thanos wasn't ko'd nor beaten and took on far more than Darkseid who was blinded by Aquaman while he fought like Jason Voorhees.

Thanos was saved by the Elders. He was kneeing, spitting blood, needs probably a dentist and didn't even get on punch. He was a joke for this "super teams" laughing. DS was dominating till they bfr him. ^^

It's hard to be you these days big grin.

laughing out loud

quanchi112
Thanos was saved by the Elders. He was kneeing, spitting blood, needs probably a dentist and didn't even get on punch. He was a joke for this "super teams" laughing. DS was dominating till they bfr him. ^^

It's hard to be you these days big grin.

laughing out loud Thanos said he wasn't defeated. I guess a tooth and some blood means he's almost dead. You know nothing of the character and Thanos survived and wasn't ko'd after being attacked by GOTG, ff, and avengers.

Awesome showing.

comicfan11

Darkseid was bfr and not on his knees, bleeding and being a joke for "Cute" furry heroes laughing out loud

LOL great pic
And for the last time current Aquaman wields an indestructible Atlantean artifact and recently lifted an ocean liner.

Thanos got his face punched in by Cap.

Silent Master
All that means is that Thanos is delusional, because the comic clearly showed that he was beaten.

JakeTheBank
Captain America punches everybody in the face, though. It's not even the first time he made Thanos register his blow, and that was Starlin IG Thanos.

The guy's god tier.

Silent Master
Cap is just that good

ilikecomics
I missed quan so much, you and carver are two of my favorite posters ( outside of galan and Jake).

Good thread cheers

Zack Fair
Galan and Jake are the posters we need....but Quan and Carver are the posters we deserve.

Batman-Prime
Galan and Jake are the posters we need....but Quan and Carver are the posters we deserve.

Carver > Jake, Galan and Quan uhuh

JakeTheBank

So you'll mock them. Because they can take it.

StiltmanFTW

So you'll mock them. Because they can take it.

laughcry

KuRuPT Thanosi

Did all the beatings Thor has taken recently cause you to ram your head against the wall over and over again warping your brain. DS never.. ever.. has had the durability of Thanos. Never. So how on God's green earth could you say.. yeah ds could withstand that and it makes sense Thanos couldn't. WTF. You have seriously lost it.

Silent Master
http://i334.photobucket.com/albums/m422/AlucardFangirl/Animated%20GIFs/Wrestling%20Gifs/paulheyman.gif

KuRuPT Thanosi
I have a feeling this will become a clone or something like that. I also believe this was in DIRECT retalliation for Starlin;s lawsuit against Marvel. What better way to stick it to Starlin than beat up his boy.

All of these guys at one time or another have beaten beings far superior to Galactus.. even abstracts. Shit Reed has beaten Abstracts with shit just lying around in his closet.. yet people are all going crazy about all of them.. at the same time beating Thanos?? Ummm Okay... have you missed these heroes storied past of doing the same individually and with teams and beating people greater than Thanos?

Silent Master
You're right, any of these guys could have soloed Thanos.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi
Did all the beatings Thor has taken recently cause you to ram your head against the wall over and over again warping your brain. DS never.. ever.. has had the durability of Thanos. Never. So how on God's green earth could you say.. yeah ds could withstand that and it makes sense Thanos couldn't. WTF. You have seriously lost it.

Haha, what the **** is this shit?

So because in your opinion Thanos is more durable than Darkseid a majority of the time, Darkseid by default automatically falls to any attack that takes down Thanos?

Trying to figure out how you thought this was a good post might give me cancer. Tomorrow Thanos might be taken out by FireLord, that doesn't mean that the very same attack will take out Darkseid.

You know why?

Waaaaaaaittt for it......

Because Darkseid has never had a durability showing as bad.

The same applies to this scene. I know that this idea makes you want to wet your pants and roll into a ball crying but stop making so butthurt, take the hit, and move on. The longer you f@ggots spin this shit, the worse it's going to get.

Rage.Of.Olympus
All of these guys at one time or another have beaten beings far superior to Galactus.. even abstracts. Shit Reed has beaten Abstracts with shit just lying around in his closet.. yet people are all going crazy about all of them.. at the same time beating Thanos?? Ummm Okay... have you missed these heroes storied past of doing the same individually and with teams and beating people greater than Thanos?

Haha, quoted and saved.

I've seen you mock Darkseid more than once because Superman has beaten him up. Then you go and say this.

And LOL, what in the hell are you talking about? How have all of these guys beaten beings far superior to Galactus and other Abstracts? You're so hurt, and trying to be so apologetic that you aren't even attempting to make sense anymore.

Thor, Hulk and Rulk were the only true class 100's there and they each got 1 shot in. And even among them, the only one with a record anywhere near what you're suggesting is Thor, and you still fall far short of this praise "All of these guys at one time or another have beaten beings far superior to Galactus.. even abstracts.".

Hahaha, I must say, you've made me enjoy this beat down a lot more. All it took was 1 showing to illicit these responses. Well, hate to break it to you, but more and more bad showings compared to what came before are on the horizon for Thanos.

Feel my pain b*tch.

Damborgson
Seriously. Deal with it. Poor things have one less than average showing for Thanos, and a flying fanboy butthurt attack comes on. I'm a Thor fan for Christ's sake. Thanos fans will survive this.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Seriously.

I feel absolutely no sympathy for them. I just can't wait till the realization hits them that it only gets worse from here. Man up and deal with it guys. The transition may be rough, but take it from someone with experience, it's much easier if you just accept it.

JakeTheBank
And really, this showing isn't even that bad, tbh.

Not many beings can take a prolonged beating from Thor and Hulk, let alone backed by the roster that was present alongside them.

If anything, don't get mad about the power levels and feats. Get mad because this was truly a horrible story.

Thanos' character got raped more so than his standing in the power levels.

zopzop
If anything, don't get mad about the power levels and feats. Get mad because this was truly a horrible story.
That's what makes it even worse! +1

psycho gundam
wow

i like the chaos, but it's mostly stemming from butthurt from everyone.

Silent Master
And really, this showing isn't even that bad, tbh.

Not many beings can take a prolonged beating from Thor and Hulk, let alone backed by the roster that was present alongside them.

Thanos' character got raped more so than his standing in the power levels.

Thanos fanboys only care about power level, the only time you'll hear them start talking about things like character or the story's quality is when they're trying to find a way to excuse/dismiss a showing.

One of them even tried to make the argument that his loss to SG didn't count because Thanos was acting OOC, which supposedly meant that he was really a clone.

Diesldude
I have a feeling this will become a clone or something like that. I also believe this was in DIRECT retalliation for Starlin;s lawsuit against Marvel. What better way to stick it to Starlin than beat up his boy.

All of these guys at one time or another have beaten beings far superior to Galactus.. even abstracts. Shit Reed has beaten Abstracts with shit just lying around in his closet.. yet people are all going crazy about all of them.. at the same time beating Thanos?? Ummm Okay... have you missed these heroes storied past of doing the same individually and with teams and beating people greater than Thanos? c'mon dude, all this time you were saying that this was a good showing for thanos because each of these characters have had high individual showings but here he was ganged up on. Then you turn around and say that you hope this turns out to be a clone, and that marvel did this to screw starlin. What is it? Bad showing for thanos? If that is the case, DS should have no problems because he wouldn't be a clone nor will marvel be influenced by external events.

Nihilist
Haha at the likes of Rage and Silent now coming in and shouting the odds because Thanos took a beating, yet they hid like cowards when Thor was getting one shot on regular by fodder...priceless irony

Silent Master
Wait, so Rage and I are cowards for not running around crying and making excuses for Thor's bad showings, like the Thanos fanboys are currently doing?

Nihilist
The only person who's showing any real emotion over this is you, with excitement and its now given purpose to your troll life.

You never even posted when Thor was getting one shotted each comic and rage was saying he hates marvel and wouldn't read it again lol.

Care to show where I've made any excuses.

-Pr-
Stop bashing.

Nihilist
Surely your post isn't just aimed at me?

-Pr-
Nope, but you are included.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by Nihilist
Haha at the likes of Rage and Silent now coming in and shouting the odds because Thanos took a beating, yet they hid like cowards when Thor was getting one shot on regular by fodder...priceless irony

You need to relax and stop being so upset over one showing. Things will almost definitely get worse but you'll learn how to deal with the pain over time.

Haha, you overestimate how much I care for Thanos. I've been visiting more regularly this week because of more time being freed, it's just a happy coincidence that Thanos got his shit pushed in this Wednesday. Unless you think I can make predictions.

Hid like cowards? What? Now you're just being dumb. I've commented on every major loss Thor has had, the difference between you and me is that I can deal with it.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by Nihilist
You never even posted when Thor was getting one shotted each comic and rage was saying he hates marvel and wouldn't read it again lol.

Stop projecting your own feelings onto me. Not once do I remember saying that shit.

Quote me, I dare you. I double dare you motherf*cka.

Nihilist
My own feelings lol yeah right. Come back when actually complain about this showing.

You want me to search through your hordes of emo posts about Thor been treated poorly! Shit I'd be here all year son.

Your stl wounded about Hull completely out doing Thor in the Averages movies...not everybody's life revolves around fiction like yours.

Mshinu
Oh I could efinately see Darkseid take a similar beating. It would be a low showing for him too tho.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Sorry bud, can't backpedal now. You claimed I said something (Which I know I didn't), post the quote or retract it. I hate Marvel and I'll never read Marvel comics? What the f*ck?

Yea, definitely, and it's also incredibly relevant to this topic......

You can keep deflecting to Thor all you want and talk all the -off-topic- shit that you need, I honestly don't care. It's not gonna change what happened.

Should I post some scans of Thor getting beat up? Will that make you feel better? Will it dry your tears?

But yea, gtfo with putting false words in my mouth.

-Pr-
Last time I'm going to say this:

Originally posted by -Pr-
Stop bashing.

Honestly, you guys can put each other on ignore if you want, but these personal attacks can't continue.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Okay Pr, sorry won't happen again.

He can talk all the shit that he wants, but saying I said something I didn't is too far (Priorities!).

Anyways, yea I'm done with the bashing.

Nihilist
That's it rage run along and continue to hate Marvel for treating Thor badly, maybe if a comic book character wasn't your life hero you wouldn't get so suicidal over such things.

-Pr-
Nihilist, that's a warning for continuing after twice being asked to stop.

Nihilist
If you're gonna ban me!from Monday would suit me for a week.

Silent Master
Back on topic, team wins.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Haha, what the **** is this shit?

So because in your opinion Thanos is more durable than Darkseid a majority of the time, Darkseid by default automatically falls to any attack that takes down Thanos?

Trying to figure out how you thought this was a good post might give me cancer. Tomorrow Thanos might be taken out by FireLord, that doesn't mean that the very same attack will take out Darkseid.

You know why?

Waaaaaaaittt for it......

Because Darkseid has never had a durability showing as bad.

The same applies to this scene. I know that this idea makes you want to wet your pants and roll into a ball crying but stop making so butthurt, take the hit, and move on. The longer you f@ggots spin this shit, the worse it's going to get.

You admitted EXACTLY what I said as true. Thanos THE MAJORITY OF TIME THROUGHOUT THEIR ENTIRE HISTORY has had a higher durability. So then, not that this premise is set. We can then say the majority of time something hurts Thanos.. we best believe it will hurt DS. Simply basic logic. That doesn't mean there are exceptions to that rule. Maybe DS might be better at taking a specific attack.. maybe ds has a particularly good showing of durability. Cool. However, we go by logic and fadts... The majority of time Thanos has had higher durability, and thus, if it hurts Thanos more than likely it will hurt DS and probably more. So then, explain your logic of... I see DS withstanding that considering the above?

carver9
Back on topic...Hulk solos.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Haha, quoted and saved.

I've seen you mock Darkseid more than once because Superman has beaten him up. Then you go and say this.

And LOL, what in the hell are you talking about? How have all of these guys beaten beings far superior to Galactus and other Abstracts? You're so hurt, and trying to be so apologetic that you aren't even attempting to make sense anymore.

Thor, Hulk and Rulk were the only true class 100's there and they each got 1 shot in. And even among them, the only one with a record anywhere near what you're suggesting is Thor, and you still fall far short of this praise "All of these guys at one time or another have beaten beings far superior to Galactus.. even abstracts.".

Hahaha, I must say, you've made me enjoy this beat down a lot more. All it took was 1 showing to illicit these responses. Well, hate to break it to you, but more and more bad showings compared to what came before are on the horizon for Thanos.

Feel my pain b*tch.

Did Reed not push back the LT if something just lying around in his closet?

Did sue not bust a whiole thorugh Exitar?

Then if I move onto teams like FF.. Avengers.. GOTG.. They overcome WHATEVER obstactle each comic they are in do they not? So why is it so surprising Thanos.. by himself would lose to 3 teams that normally always win? I know, because it's thanos.. we would all not be surprised if Thor lost to some individually or just one team.. but three teams.. totally expected. I guess Thanos is that far beyond Thor that people look at this as some great surpirse or miracle. I guess that speaks volumes to Thanos' power over the years.

comicfan11
I just have to point out that NuDS, even if he lost to this team (which I believe he wouldn't based only on the 3 ISSUES he appeared) would certainly put a better fight against a team with ONLY 3 100 toners (Thor, Hulk, maybe Rulk).

He leveled the League just by flexing his arms, he koed Supes 2 times, totally trashed and ignored GL (walking away as Hal's constructs were breaking on him like glass), one hand manhandled WW, took simultaneous beating from WW, GL, Flash and Aquaman, instantly overpowered Supes in a wrestling match and was finally BFRed by a Deus Ex Machina.

Going by all this and the fact that Thanos is still missing his teeth, blood and dignity it's fair to say NuDS > Thanos (taking into consideration his last "showing"wink

IMHO of course

carver9
You do know that there are some individuals on this team that has taken it to teams as well right? Darkseid didn't do anything special except beat on an inexperience squad. There are some here that would physically restrain and merk Darkseid and his Omegas doesn't have any fts minus only being used for blasting power and again, there are some people on this team that has tanked worse.

comicfan11
Originally posted by carver9
You do know that there are some individuals on this team that has taken it to teams as well right? Darkseid didn't do anything special except beat on an inexperience squad. There are some here that would physically restrain and merk Darkseid and his Omegas doesn't have any fts minus only being used for blasting power and again, there are some people on this team that has tanked worse.

I know but as I said before, inexperienced or not the League has at least 3 100 toners (Supes, GL, WW) and possibly NuAquaman plus a huge speed advantage (Flash, Supes).

My main point is that NuDS was unbeatable by physical means, even tanking a blitzing Supes.

Sans maybe Hulk getting really pissed I don't see how the team that took on Thanos, could physically restrain NuDS. They could pose some problem with their more exotic abilities (Invisible Woman), but NuDS also has exotic abilities like the AoE attack he used when he first arrived, and the energy attacks on Hal.

Plus from all the heroes present, who could survive the Omegas (that oneshot Supes)?
Thor maybe, IW and maybe Hulk?

My point is I'm not sure if NuDS would win or not here (I think he will) but I know for sure he wouldn't be humiliated like Thanos did.

Zack Fair
Agreed.

JakeTheBank
You also have the realize that team that fought Darkseid was young and inexperienced and didn't have the luxury of the feats that this seasoned group of three teams has.

carver9
Comic...

Even though Darkseid koed THAT version of Supes doesn't mean that he will do the same to some of these people here. Superman having one good showing doesn't change this. During that time, Superman fts didn't weigh up to Marvels best and using one showing, his recent showing, doesn't change this either. Wonder Woman also had a decent showing against Darkseid and had a slight advantage at one point.

The team was inexperienced and opened themselves up for an attack. I can't picture this version of Darkseid doing this to the Pre Reboot versions of the JLA, can you? They have fts, experienced, and tactical (and Superman or Wonder Woman would solo based off fts).

Until we see more from this Darkseid, Thor or Hulk kills him imo and again, this is based purely off showings. Darkseid doesn't have anything proving he can take out this team and basing this off of showings against people "we have no clear understanding of their durability" doesn't change this.

carver9
You also have the realize that team that fought Darkseid was young and inexperienced and didn't have the luxury of the feats that this seasoned group of three teams has.

Stop copying off of me and edit your post before I put Doom in my Sig.

mad

JakeTheBank
Stop copying off of me and edit your post before I put Doom in my Sig.

mad

If you put Doom in your sig, you'd automatically be several times more credible.

comicfan11

I already acknowledged that.

But you have to acknowledge that what it boils down to is that NuDS NO SOLD a continuous, simultaneous barage of 100 toners wailing on him.
It did nothing.
They couldn't restrain him, much less make him bleed or spit teeth (with the exception of Aquaman stabbing him in the chest nut Aquaman's Trident is already established as an INDESTRUCTIBLE atlantean artifact-weapon in current continuity).

Inexperienced or not, a blitzing Supes is way more powerful than a punch from Vision, a shield strike from Cap, or Rulk's punches.

And that's what NuDS laughed at.

Plus inexperienced or not NuDS was abusing WW with one hand, while the League was still attacking him. He was beating a 100 toner one handed.

carver9
If you put Doom in your sig, you'd automatically be several times more credible.

confused I'm talking about a Sig where Hulk has Doom in the mount.

JakeTheBank
confused I'm talking about a Sig where Hulk has Doom in the mount.

Doom already proved he was the strongest one there is.

carver9
Doom already proved he was the strongest one there is.

No comment. sad

-Pr-

He'd need about twenty Dooms, then.

carver9
He'd need about twenty Dooms, then.

This made me scream out laughing. laughing out loud

Stop hating. Ten yrs from now, you will be where I am at today debate wise.

JakeTheBank
I already acknowledged that.

But you have to acknowledge that what it boils down to is that NuDS NO SOLD a continuous, simultaneous barage of 100 toners wailing on him.
It did nothing.
They couldn't restrain him, much less make him bleed or spit teeth (with the exception of Aquaman stabbing him in the chest nut Aquaman's Trident is already established as an INDESTRUCTIBLE atlantean artifact-weapon in current continuity).

Inexperienced or not, a blitzing Supes is way more powerful than a punch from Vision, a shield strike from Cap, or Rulk's punches.

And that's what NuDS laughed at.

Plus inexperienced or not NuDS was abusing WW with one hand, while the League was still attacking him. He was beating a 100 toner one handed.

Thor and Hulk have the DCnU incarnations of the League beat in feats, though. They wouldn't beat them all just the two of them, but Thor and Hulk have better overall feats than any single member of the debuting League and have beaten or messed up beings just as powerful, if not more so, than DCnU Darkseid.

Backed with the legion of heroes that jumped Thanos, I legitimately have a hard time seeing how either depiction of Darkseid wins this.

StiltmanFTW

Raoul is regressing?

carver9
Minus the showings against the Phoenix (and the P5), I think both Thor and Hulk have the durability and strength to give this version of JLA (the one that fought Darkseid) a HELL of a fight imo.

JakeTheBank
The Phoenix Force and its avatars were all at the least extremely high end heralds/trans beings anyway.

-Pr-

Am I going to suffer a stroke in the near future?

comicfan11
Thor and Hulk have the DCnU incarnations of the League beat in feats, though. They wouldn't beat them all just the two of them, but Thor and Hulk have better overall feats than any single member of the debuting League and have beaten or messed up beings just as powerful, if not more so, than DCnU Darkseid.

Backed with the legion of heroes that jumped Thanos, I legitimately have a hard time seeing how either depiction of Darkseid wins this.

The it all depends on how powerful you think the NuDC League is.

When they fought DS 5 years ago (in NuDC continuity) WW, GL, Flash and Aquaman would have exactly the same powers.
These charaters' strength doesn't rely on time passed.
Aquaman, WW and GL don't grow stronger as time passes unless there is a specific upgrade-power up. More experienced, more skilled sure but a punch from WW then was still 100 ton as it is now.

Superman with his sun absorption might grow stronger over time, but even then he was the League's bug gun. Stated on panel.

Of course Thor and Hulk have more feats than the NuLeague BUT apart from those two all the others would still be below Supes, WW, Flash and GL IMO.

Against that opposition I truly believe NuDS would at least do way better than Thanos.

carver9
The Phoenix Force and its avatars were all at the least extremely high end heralds/trans beings anyway.

I wouldn't put any of them in the Herald tier...especially looking at how they "continuously" took out high powered teams. What showings are you using to suggest they are Heralds?

carver9
Am I going to suffer a stroke in the near future?

laughing you are so wrong.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Tom B. said they were ALL attacking him.. not just the people we saw.. that includes blasts and punches... Not sure how people believe DS would just tank that.

Rage.Of.Olympus
You admitted EXACTLY what I said as true. Thanos THE MAJORITY OF TIME THROUGHOUT THEIR ENTIRE HISTORY has had a higher durability. So then, not that this premise is set. We can then say the majority of time something hurts Thanos.. we best believe it will hurt DS. Simply basic logic. That doesn't mean there are exceptions to that rule. Maybe DS might be better at taking a specific attack.. maybe ds has a particularly good showing of durability. Cool. However, we go by logic and fadts... The majority of time Thanos has had higher durability, and thus, if it hurts Thanos more than likely it will hurt DS and probably more. So then, explain your logic of... I see DS withstanding that considering the above?

This basic logic is extremely flawed, you can't just generalize shit like that. Every time Thanos gets hit by an attack, and we would like to know how Darkseid would do, we have to compare that attack to Darkseid's own track record.

You can't just declare something and assume everyone will go along with it despite the contradictory evidence. Darkseid would tank the shit that hit Thanos on panel, and he'd handle it even better a large majority of the time, if not every time.

It doesn't matter if Thanos is ten times more durable than Darkseid 99.9% of the time. Every time we want to compare how Darkseid handles an attack that Thanos does, we have to analyze Darkseid's track record and how he handles similar punishment. We don't just automatically assume that Darkseid handles it worse.

What the f*ck kind of sense would that make? Especially in a world of comics where showings fluctuate so much.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Tom B. said they were ALL attacking him.. not just the people we saw.. that includes blasts and punches... Not sure how people believe DS would just tank that.

1. Tom Breevort's opinion is absolutely nothing of consequence. His interpretation of events has no more value than yours as he didn't contribute to that comic in anyway as I understand it. As such, it's inadmissible as evidence on this forum. Ask a mod.

2. laughing out loud

That's not exactly what he said:
In the last issue of Avengers Assemble, there were a lot of heroes attacking Thanos. How many heroes actually attacked Thanos? Was it only the handful shown on panel (e.g., hulk, rulk, cage, thing, etc) or were there more attacking him implied off-panel?

I don't expect that the other guys just stood around doing nothing.

Based on the question, the answer suggests that every character (Even those we don't see on panel) got a piece of Thanos.

So best case scenario, it wasn't just Vision who punched his teeth in, but Luke Cage and a bunch of other nobodies like Giant Man got a chance to kick Thanos when he was down too. I don't see how you think that's any less demeaning.

We already saw by far the most powerful of the group get a hit in.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Did Reed not push back the LT if something just lying around in his closet?

Did sue not bust a whiole thorugh Exitar?

Then if I move onto teams like FF.. Avengers.. GOTG.. They overcome WHATEVER obstactle each comic they are in do they not? So why is it so surprising Thanos.. by himself would lose to 3 teams that normally always win? I know, because it's thanos.. we would all not be surprised if Thor lost to some individually or just one team.. but three teams.. totally expected. I guess Thanos is that far beyond Thor that people look at this as some great surpirse or miracle. I guess that speaks volumes to Thanos' power over the years.

You're not even making any sense here. Someone get this guy a time out, he's cracking.

Reed and Sue Storm using technology and weakness exploitation applies here how? Did they show up here with some Thanos kryptonite? Thanos got his ass handed to him straight up, none of them have ever done that to Abstracts. It's not even remotely applicable to this scene.

Not to mention that you said each and every one of those heroes has beaten beings like Galactus and beyond. I don't understand how you think that's even anywhere close to true.

And for the record, the only two examples that you gave me as irrelevant as they are (Reed Richards and Sue Storm) weren't even present for the beat down. I mean what the hell?

laughing out loud

Yea, keep bringing up Thor if it eases the pain or whatever as that type of deflection won't work.

This is getting out of hand. What's next, arguing that this wasn't a bad showing because villains always have to lose? Talk about apologetic bullshit.

comicfan11
What I can't wrap my head around is, do people really think that combined hits from characters like Spiderman, Luke Cage or Mr Fantastic are of more consequence than a blitzing SUperman (even the inexperienced version of 5 years ago) or a punch by WW?

It doesn't matter HOW MANY were hitting Thanos, but HOW POWERFUL they were.
And from the group that attacked Thanos only Thor, Hulk and maaaayyyybe Rulk are legit 100 toners.

The League has Supes, WW, GL and maaayyybe NuDCU Aquaman. Plus Flash and Cyborg.

Most of the group that attacked Thanos were fodder (with the exception of Thor-Hulk-Rulk)
Simple as that.

Zack Fair
Rage nailed it when he said the heavy hitters were already shown hitting him once.

Rulk is fodder.

http://us14.memecdn.com/come-at-me-bro_c_307173.jpg

vince_slice
Tom Brevoort was the editor of Avengers Assemble, so he did contribute. He actually worked on the book itself, so his opinion is probably more reliable then us internet comic nerd's lol. His comment obviously implies everyone attacked Thanos. Definitely way off then what some people were spouting: that only a handful of heroes attacked Thanos once.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Tom Brevoort was the editor of Avengers Assemble, so he did contribute. He actually worked on the book itself, so his opinion is probably more reliable then us internet comic nerd's lol. His comment obviously implies everyone attacked Thanos. Definitely way off then what some people were spouting: that only a handful of heroes attacked Thanos once.

He edited the comic? I'll take your word for it then. I remember some Jake Thomas guy editing the book.

I still honestly don't understand why you -or anyone- would think Thanos looks better if Spider-Man, Giant-Man, Spider-Woman and 3 more of those dudes standing around got a punch in at some point.

Thor, Hulk, and Rulk are the only ones there who can hurt Darkseid (Less so for Rulk). 95% of the time, the others would hurt themselves hitting Darkseid. I mean that literally.

Just to be clear, my acknowledging this isn't me agreeing to any such nonsense like Thor struck Thanos with a lightning bolt, Iron Man hit him with the uni-beam etc. This isn't directed to you personally. At the end of the day, on panel evidence takes much more precedent than our interpretations.

comicfan11

Still. On panel proof>>> editor's (not even writer's) opinion.

Plus again the question is, if you take out Thor Hulk Rulk is there anyone left on that team that attacked Thanos that can cause more damage than GL or a punch from WW to the face?

vince_slice
Still. On panel proof>>> editor's (not even writer's) opinion.

Plus again the question is, if you take out Thor Hulk Rulk is there anyone left on that team that attacked Thanos that can cause more damage than GL or a punch from WW to the face?

Except that "on panel" evidence also heavily implies the other heroes attacked Thanos too while off-panel (e.g., arrows and burning/smoke on Thanos implies other characters shot/blasted him). Now we have confirmation by the editor who worked on the book itself that implies they all attacked him. But all of this should've been common sense, there's 26 heroes present, they're obviously not going to dedicate a panel for each hero.

But being attacked by that many heroes is of course going to hurt. I don't think it was as bad as some people make it out to be. Every character's going to have low showings. Doesn't change their history though.

Zack Fair
Thanos had like no bad showings throughout his career(besides ridiculous shit like SG beating him and NYPD's finest owning him lol)

Mad Titan's been humbled. Will this be the beginning of a new career low? With Bendis...all possible lol

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>