DCnU Superman vs Thor and Iron Man

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

keiththegreat
CIS off for both sides. No BFR.

Sin I AM
Thor decisively

keiththegreat
I'm with Superman's latest strength feat, and that insane speed feat of reading every medical book in existance, that Thor and Iron Man would have a tough time with CIS off.

comicfan11
Originally posted by keiththegreat
I'm with Superman's latest strength feat, and that insane speed feat of reading every medical book in existance, that Thor and Iron Man would have a tough time with CIS off.

I think Iron Man is gonna be a non factor in this fight.
I'm a little undecided when it comes to Thor vs NuSupes.
Can someone tell me NuSupes best durability feat yet?

-Pr-
Team wins.

Whether that changes on wednesday is another matter.

carver9
Lol at Ironman being a non factor. Hahahahahahahaha

Parmaniac
Originally posted by carver9
Lol at Ironman being a non factor. Hahahahahahahaha Show me Iron Man lifting the earth for 5 days without breaking a sweat.

-Pr-
no expression

comicfan11
Lol at Ironman being a non factor. Hahahahahahahaha

Given Superman's speed and strength do tell us what he can do to be factor here.
NuSupes already showed he is not afraid to let loose, so what exactly can Tony do here?

Enlighten us.

Also this coming from the poster that believes the WW3 team would lose to the team that trounced Thanos is pretty hilarious.

On second thought I don't even think your answer is needed here.

Parmaniac
Originally posted by -Pr-
no expression What? I'm having a nice Carversation here.

Starscream M
at this point, superman should utterly trash the duo. but we need to see if superman remains at his current level.

-Pr-
No more talk of comics that haven't come out yet in this thread, please.

Starscream M
lol

-Pr-
Not joking.

carver9
Originally posted by Parmaniac
Show me Iron Man lifting the earth for 5 days without breaking a sweat.

I don't have too. A weakened WWH held a planet twice the size of Earth and I would never say that IM couldn't harm him, especially looking at everything he's done.

-Pr-
I don't have too. A weakened WWH held a planet twice the size of Earth and I would never say that IM couldn't harm him, especially looking at everything he's done.

I'm sure If I looked, I would find a post where you say Iron Man is no match for him.

carver9
I'm sure If I looked, I would find a post where you say Iron Man is no match for him.

He isn't a match for him but its not because of his strength, its everything as a whole.

-Pr-
He isn't a match for him but its not because of his strength, its everything as a whole.

lol.

comicfan11
Hahahahaha

Parmaniac
I don't have too. A weakened WWH held a planet twice the size of Earth and I would never say that IM couldn't harm him, especially looking at everything he's done. Supes is much faster than Hulk, can fly and has ranged attacks. Also Supes durability is better than Hulk's, Hulk has a HF that keeps him in the game though granted.

So let me put it this way: Could WWH one shot Iron Man or not?

Also tectonic plates =|= the entire planet, and where was it stated that the planet was twice the size of earth? Can't recall that, not saying it's not true.

carver9
@paramaniac..

The planet was being destroyed, basically splitting in half. Hulk grabbed two tectonic planets and pulled them together, preventing the planet from being destroying/splitting in half.

NE Superman has been koed by attacks that wouldn't even tickle Hulk. His durability is all over the place and one showing of strength doesn't change this.

carver9
Hell, before facing Helspont, he fought a chick that 3 punched him into a fire hydrant, knocking him out.

pym-ftw
Team Iron Thor

-Pr-
@paramaniac..

The planet was being destroyed, basically splitting in half. Hulk grabbed two tectonic planets and pulled them together, preventing the planet from being destroying/splitting in half.

NE Superman has been koed by attacks that wouldn't even tickle Hulk. His durability is all over the place and one showing of strength doesn't change this.

Hell, before facing Helspont, he fought a chick that 3 punched him into a fire hydrant, knocking him out.

Nice to see your momentary absence after seeing those scans hasn't dulled your trolling.

Parmaniac

-Pr-
No more talk of comics that haven't come out yet in this thread, please.

Parmaniac
Oh taht's not out yet? I don't read Supes single titles anymore, thought it was his most recent comic.

-Pr-
Oh taht's not out yet? I don't read Supes single titles anymore, thought it was his most recent comic.

Np, It's out on wednesday though.

Diesldude
Superman wins with ease.

psycho gundam
Nice to see your momentary absence after seeing those scans hasn't dulled your trolling. you have the authority to make his absence more than just temporary.

allow me to do the honour if you won't

Damborgson
Carver is chaos. Galan is order. without one or the other, KMC cannot exist in the multiverse.

carver9
Made me realize I have to push myself further than I have before

that's a similar upgrade Hulk recieved after he said he aleays held back

WWH at his weakest was already planetary. confused

-Pr-
Originally posted by psycho gundam
you have the authority to make his absence more than just temporary.

allow me to do the honour if you won't

Don't be so cynical; everything has an end.

WWH at his weakest was already planetary. confused

Stop saying WWH.

carver9
Don't be so cynical; everything has an end.

Stop saying WWH.

I'm not talking about the Hulk "after" the WWH arc, I'm talking about Planet Hulk and the Hulk that fought against Earth hero's.

-Pr-
I'm not talking about the Hulk "after" the WWH arc, I'm talking about Planet Hulk and the Hulk that fought against Earth hero's.

Then don't try to pretend he could replicate the feat Superman did in the preview.

Damborgson
Hulk strained to move the tectonic plates of that planet. It's impressive, but hardly comparable to the feat in the preview.

carver9
Then don't try to pretend he could replicate the feat Superman did in the preview.

Why wouldn't he be able to replicate it?

celeyhyga17
Originally posted by Damborgson
Carver is chaos. Galan is order. without one or the other, KMC cannot exist in the multiverse.

Like Batman and Joker.
Actually one can make a strong case for PR and Carver.

carver9
Hulk strained to move the tectonic plates of that planet. It's impressive, but hardly comparable to the feat in the preview.

He shifted a planet, AFTER being nuked, WHILE weakened. Don't see why it isn't comparable.

celeyhyga17
He shifted a planet, AFTER being nuked, WHILE weakened. Don't see why it isn't comparable.
Supes basically benched the equivalent of earth for 5 days.
Supes could have gone higher.
Supes had one drop of sweat.

Go back to ure corner and sulk. There's a new strength sherriff in town.
laughing

carver9
Originally posted by celeyhyga17
Supes basically benched the equivalent of earth for 5 days.
Supes could have gone higher.
Supes had one drop of sweat.

Go back to ure corner and sulk. There's a new strength sherriff in town.
laughing

You are still missing the point. Hulk has planetary fts under his belt as well and he could replicate the ft. Hulk was also weekend pulling off planetary fts. Hell, Hulk was fighting Black Bolt on the moon causing catastrophic damage to Earth.

celeyhyga17
You are still missing the point. Hulk has planetary fts under his belt as well and he could replicate the ft. Hulk was also weekend pulling off planetary fts. Hell, Hulk was fighting Black Bolt on the moon causing catastrophic damage to Earth.
I know just messin wit you's..
now let's dance!
Happy Dance

-Pr-
Why wouldn't he be able to replicate it?

Seriously, you disappear for hours after freaking out about the scan and thats the best you can come up with?

Because at that time, he was weakened and wasn't strong enough. Simple.

NemeBro
Why wouldn't he be able to replicate it? Because physically he is much weaker, duh.

Damborgson

because shifting the tectonic plates of a large planet ONCE even while weakened doesn't compare to benching the full weight of the earth for 120 hours.

JakeTheBank
Iron Man's not a non-factor. Not as big a threat as Thor, but inconsequential? Not at all.

carver9
Seriously, you disappear for hours after freaking out about the scan and thats the best you can come up with?

Because at that time, he was weakened and wasn't strong enough. Simple.

I enjoyed the ft, I even said it puts Superman up there with Hulk but again, Hulk has been pulling planetary fts (without even trying) before this ft came out. Both Superman and WWH are above this.

-Pr-
I enjoyed the ft, I even said it puts Superman up there with Hulk but again, Hulk has been pulling planetary fts (without even trying) before this ft came out. Both Superman and WWH are above this.

lol @ you trying to cover for Hulk.

It's almost precious.

carver9
because shifting the tectonic plates of a large planet ONCE even while weakened doesn't compare to benching the full weight of the earth for 120 hours.

That doesn't mean he couldn't have kept repeating it if he didn't want to. Hell, his friends even stated he could wreck the planet without strain and this was consistently stated. WWH AND Supes are above planetary.

carver9
lol @ you trying to cover for Hulk.

It's almost precious.

Can you please stop that.

-Pr-
Can you please stop that.

I will when you do.

carver9
I will when you do.

I'm not doing anything though.

Damborgson
That doesn't mean he couldn't have kept repeating it if he didn't want to. Hell, his friends even stated he could wreck the planet without strain and this was consistently stated. WWH AND Supes are above planetary. the same can be said for superman to a much greater extent since he was out of the sun for that time and still only had one drop of sweat. Hulks feat is outclassed dude.

-Pr-
I'm not doing anything though.

Neither am I.

NemeBro
In what universe is manipulating and pulling two tectonic plates an equal feat to bench pressing Earth's weight for five days carv?

carver9
Neither am I.

You are misguided. I'm trying to help you.

carver9
the same can be said for superman to a much greater extent since he was out of the sun for that time and still only had one drop of sweat. Hulks feat is outclassed dude.

He wasn't weakened the entire time though and we have no clue on how fast or long it takes for Superman powers to deplete when away from the sun.

Galan007
Doesn't matter if he was weak the entire 5 days or not. No matter how you cut it, Supes was still able to bench the weight-equivalent of earth, while weaker than normal.

CosmicComet

He was benching 6 sextillion tons for 5 days straight, while basically hungry, (no sunlight). And still not tired after all of that.

Tell me, how much could you or I bench for 5 days straight, even while fully nourished?

It's not something we'd be able to do even if we were benching nothing but air. We'd tire out after several hours of simply doing the arm motion I'd wager.

Pulling tectonic plates, is absolutely nowhere near equal to actually benching the weight of a planet.

Lifting >>>>> Pulling

Weight of a planet >>>>> Tectonic plates.

carver9
Originally posted by Galan007
Doesn't matter if he was weak the entire 5 days or not. No matter how you cut it, Supes was still able to bench the weight-equivalent of earth, while weaker than normal.

I agree and I'm not disputing that.

-Pr-
You are misguided. I'm trying to help you.

By poisoning my mind?

Damborgson
He wasn't weakened the entire time though and we have no clue on how fast or long it takes for Superman powers to deplete when away from the sun.
how does that take away from the feat? The intention was clear: the lack of light was affecting superman. Even if it hadn't it would still be far superior to straining to move tectonic plates.

carver9
how does that take away from the feat? The intention was clear: the lack of light was affecting superman. Even if it hadn't it would still be far superior to straining to move tectonic plates.

Who was straining?

Hulk was burning up while pulling the planet back together. Him having the pain look had nothing to do with his facial expressions.

Damborgson
Hulk was straining. He didn't have pain on his face when he swam down there. And he withstood reentry with a smile. I have no doubt he felt both times the heat, but the fact that he had that strained expression only while he was performing the strength feat speaks for itself. Just admit that that strength feat by superman has been the best one in a long time. No shame in it.

psycho gundam
what does this thread have to do with hulk anyway?

carver9
Hulk was straining. He didn't have pain on his face when he swam down there. And he withstood reentry with a smile. I have no doubt he felt both times the heat, but the fact that he had that strained expression only while he was performing the strength feat speaks for itself. Just admit that that strength feat by superman has been the best one in a long time. No shame in it.

It really isn't. It's one of the purest strength ft but not the best. stick out tongue

-Pr-
Originally posted by psycho gundam
what does this thread have to do with hulk anyway?

Carver.

kevdude
I agree and I'm not disputing that.

Then why on earth did you say that?? no expression

Odekahn
Superman > Taurus

Superman wins.

And lol @ Ironman being a factor here.

P.S. I was moving a very heavy treadmill into my new house the other day, and once I got it inside I pulled and pushed it into position. You know why? Because I couldn't lift it, and I wouldn't be able to bench press it either.

Bench pressing > holding, pushing, pulling.

Zack Fair
Thor and Iron man. Thor wins if he gets to unleash the fury of a thousand asgardian storms.

pym-ftw
I hope that scan turns out to be nothing, if all this craziness turns out to be for an amped Superman I will cry from laughter

Bouboumaster
Thor solo

psycho gundam
Originally posted by pym-ftw
I hope that scan turns out to be nothing, if all this craziness turns out to be for an amped Superman I will cry from laughter edit

-Pr-
I hope that scan turns out to be nothing, if all this craziness turns out to be for an amped Superman I will cry from laughter

If it is, I'm holding you personally responsible.

keiththegreat
Gotta love how carver can make any thread about the Hulk. And then he complains when people make too many hulk threads. lol

pym-ftw
If it is, I'm holding you personally responsible.
raver

Shabazz916
Iron man shoots a red sun net at superman and cages him in sumthen the sun cnt get thru

armedforbattle
1. Team Wins
2. Ironman is a factor
3. Yes superman might have the best strength of feat of all heralds. Ever.
Its just gonna make the people who hate supes, hate him more.
Including me.

Zack Fair
http://cdn.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/superman-hatersgonnahate.jpg

Odekahn
Originally posted by armedforbattle
2. Ironman is a factor

No, he's not.

carver9
I don't see anything wrong with the ft and would stupid if its a dream or something. DC needs to make it consistent though. Don't make it a one time deal.

armedforbattle
I don't see anything wrong with the ft and would stupid if its a dream or something. DC needs to make it consistent though. Don't make it a one time deal.
I agree. With this feat supes better be lifting skyscrapers like they are tooth picks. And throwing mountains like they are pebbles.

armedforbattle
Originally posted by Zack Fair
http://cdn.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/superman-hatersgonnahate.jpg
Gotta love that smirk though.

Damborgson
It really isn't. It's one of the purest strength ft but not the best. stick out tongue

Whatever lol.

-Pr-

Yeah, because that will totally happen...

NemeBro
I dunno, I'm really not that impressed by it.

Frankly, I'd bet moving a planet any signifigant distance from its natural orbit is probably the better feat, and Superboy Prime has better feats.

Unless people are talking best "Herald" strength feat.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Moving an Earth sized planet -in an orbit anyways- would take more force/power than benching the weight. The necessary force only increases with greater distance and speed.

Moving the Earth from it's current orbit to the other side of the moon for example (Assuming the moon doesn't move so as to act as a reference point) should take astronomically greater power. Tbf, I only have a rudimentary knowledge of physics so I might be inadvertently exaggerating. Too lazy to do any actual research on the matter though.

abhilegend
He wasn't weakened, he was heavily amped by the warp core explosion. Have you even read planet hulk?

carver9
Originally posted by abhilegend
He wasn't weakened, he was heavily amped by the warp core explosion. Have you even read planet hulk?

He was weakened during planet Hulk...this was confirmed by the writer.

DarkSaint85
How large was Sakaar?

carver9
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
How large was Sakaar?

Twice the size of Earth.

abhilegend
He was weakened during planet Hulk...this was confirmed by the writer.
When he arrived, sure. He regained all his strength before he fought red king and beat him.

Odekahn
But the more powerful Hulk is, the more powerful his healing factor is, right??

So how long could he actually stay "weakened"?

DarkSaint85
He healed fast enough to overpower a Surfer who had been on the planet much longer than Hulk had been.

Was it confirmed it was 2x Earth then?

carver9
When he arrived, sure. He regained all his strength before he fought red king and beat him.

He still was weakened...especially after the spikes drained him of his strength.

Lol at you using red king as a totem pole (even though he was a beast).

carver9
Originally posted by Odekahn
But the more powerful Hulk is, the more powerful his healing factor is, right??

So how long could he actually stay "weakened"?

After removal of the disk, his power level was still all over the place...especially after the spikes fed on him.

abhilegend
After removal of the disk, his power level was still all over the place...especially after the spikes fed on him. Originally posted by carver9
He still was weakened...especially after the spikes drained him of his strength.

Lol at you using red king as a totem pole (even though he was a beast).
facepalm

The scenes with spikes was before his fight with red king where he was at full power.

h1a8
No, he's not. With CIS off Iron Man is a non factor. Superman will crush kill him in a very small moment. With CIS on Iron Man is a factor, a small one, but indeed a factor.

How fast is this Superman (movement and reflexes wise)?
I based the outcome off speed and not so much anything else.

carver9
facepalm

The scenes with spikes was before his fight with red king where he was at full power.

I never said it wasn't. I said the spikes was another reason he was weakened during planet Hulk.
confused

abhilegend
I never said it wasn't. I said the spikes was another reason he was weakened during planet Hulk.
confused
He wasn't weakened when he grabbed the plates. You are just being thick headed.

-Pr-
Originally posted by h1a8
With CIS off Iron Man is a non factor. Superman will crush kill him in a very small moment. With CIS on Iron Man is a factor, a small one, but indeed a factor.

How fast is this Superman (movement and reflexes wise)?
I based the outcome off speed and not so much anything else.

That's a bad thing.

carver9
He wasn't weakened when he grabbed the plates. You are just being thick headed.

He was weakened.

DarkSaint85
But can't the Hulk get stronger the angrier he gets? And if he's angry, it would ramp past any weakening a portal would give him?

abhilegend
He was weakened.
No.

carver9
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
But can't the Hulk get stronger the angrier he gets? And if he's angry, it would ramp past any weakening a portal would give him?

Hulk was weakened during planet Hulk. In the beginning he was so weakened that if wounded, he would have died. Then add the disk to this already weakened Hulk along with the Spikes, it was a miracle he survived the stuff he did.

http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t173/EndlessMike9/Hulk/sakaarstrength.jpg

He regained his strength around the end...when heading back to Earth.

Badabing
He was weakened. That is correct. Carver, if Abh keeps being a things denier them PM me. He may need a timeout.

abhilegend
Hulk was weakened during planet Hulk. In the beginning he was so weakened that if wounded, he would have died. Then add the disk to this already weakened Hulk along with the Spikes, it was a miracle he survived the stuff he did.

http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t173/EndlessMike9/Hulk/sakaarstrength.jpg

He regained his strength around the end...when heading back to Earth.
Do you really want me to flood this thread with scans?
Originally posted by Badabing
That is correct. Carver, if Abh keeps being a things denier them PM me. He may need a timeout.
So correcting carver means I'm getting a warning?

carver9

So correcting carver means I'm getting a warning?

I think he is just messing with you. I'm tired of talking to you abhi. I will respond when someone else post.

carver9
Lol...I just read Bada Sig. HILARIOUS.

Badabing

So correcting carver means I'm getting a warning? Where did I say warning? durpalm

Threatening to flood the threads with scans means you intend to spam. That will get you a warning.

Hulk isn't in this thread. I suggest everybody debate the topic.Originally posted by carver9
Lol...I just read Bada Sig. HILARIOUS. biscuits

carver9
I'm done debating Hulk.

abhilegend
Where did I say warning? durpalm

Threatening to flood the threads with scans means you intend to spam. That will get you a warning.

Hulk isn't in this thread. I suggest everybody debate the topic. biscuits
When you said "time out", I thought you were talking about warning me. I was talking about all the scans regarding whether hulk was weakened or not. Blame carver, I'm just responding to his posts. I'm done debating hulk as well.

Badabing
I'm done debating Hulk. Are you sure? I could ask Pr to check up on you! evillaughOriginally posted by abhilegend
When you said "time out", I thought you were talking about warning me. I was talking about all the scans regarding whether hulk was weakened or not. Blame carver, I'm just responding to his posts. I'm done debating hulk as well. I 100% blame you! sneer

Carver is innocent and you're a dirty, low down, false blamer!

carver9
Are you sure? I could ask Pr to check up on you! evillaugh

sad

Badabing
Okay, everyone can carry on. I'm done messing with people here.

carver9
Superman wins after a long fight.

abhilegend
Are you sure? I could ask Pr to check up on you! evillaugh I 100% blame you! sneer

Carver is innocent and you're a dirty, low down, false blamer!
Originally posted by srankmissingnin
Well you know what? I don't even think the asteroid that allegedly wiped out the dinosaurs is real. Pure Dino-propaganda! Where are the records? Where's the proof? You cold blooded rats probably just murdered each other, and one day we'll finish the job! mad

http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2011/241/9/a/battlefield_dino_propaganda_2_by_mrfreshtouch-d488l9a.jpg
sneer

keiththegreat
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Moving an Earth sized planet -in an orbit anyways- would take more force/power than benching the weight. The necessary force only increases with greater distance and speed.

Moving the Earth from it's current orbit to the other side of the moon for example (Assuming the moon doesn't move so as to act as a reference point) should take astronomically greater power. Tbf, I only have a rudimentary knowledge of physics so I might be inadvertently exaggerating. Too lazy to do any actual research on the matter though.

I don't see how pushing something in orbit is easier than bench pressing it. The gravitional force in space, millions of miles away from earth can't be as great as benching earth in earth gravity (much closer and more powerful) for 5 days.

keiththegreat
1. Team Wins
2. Ironman is a factor
3. Yes superman might have the best strength of feat of all heralds. Ever.
Its just gonna make the people who hate supes, hate him more.
Including me.

Don't forget his speed feats in DCnU

Badabing
sneer Warned for specism. ahuh

abhilegend
Warned for specism. ahuh
Ban srank then, I'd gladly accept the warning.huhu

JakeTheBank
No, he's not.

He is, actually.

dmills

My thoughts as well.

abhilegend
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
He is, actually.
He isn't.Originally posted by dmills
My thoughts as well.
They have released this preview in nearly every comic which came out this week as well as many sites. I doubt its nothing or an amped superman. Its like a statement from DC to marvel fanboys "Hey suckers, superman is still the boss".stick out tongue

JakeTheBank
He isn't.

His history begs to differ.

abhilegend
Superman's punch to the face begs to differ.

JakeTheBank
Superman's punch to the face begs to differ.

Cool story bro.

Iron Man has been a factor to the likes of Silver Surfer, Thor, Sentry, and Hulk in armors less formidable than his newest suit. He can't beat Superman on his own power and he's not nearly as big a deal as Thor is, but to pretend he's entirely inconsequential here is to basically ignore what Tony has done on panel more than once.

armedforbattle
Mhmm Mhmm Mhmm Mhmm. Iron Man has speed, strength, reflexes, healing factor from nanobots. He can absorb energy attacks. Control technology thanks to extremis. His Bleeding edge suit is really sick.

abhilegend
Cool story bro.

Iron Man has been a factor to the likes of Silver Surfer, Thor, Sentry, and Hulk in armors less formidable than his newest suit. He can't beat Superman on his own power and he's not nearly as big a deal as Thor is, but to pretend he's entirely inconsequential here is to basically ignore what Tony has done on panel more than once.
Surfer is a pussy, thor beats the shit out of tony in a few hits, hulk has treated Iron man as a joke several times, sentry oneshotted him, namor beats the phuck outta him in combat, Quicksilver has owned him with his bare hands etc. DCnU superman at this time would basically ignore Iron man.

JakeTheBank
Surfer is a pussy, thor beats the shit out of tony in a few hits, hulk has treated Iron man as a joke several times, sentry oneshotted him, namor beats the phuck outta him in combat, Quicksilver has owned him with his bare hands etc. DCnU superman at this time would basically ignore Iron man.

So ignoring all the times where Iron Man has been a factor to those I listed even recently or straight up lowballing Tony? Gotcha. thumb up

Anyway, Tony has the feats to be a factor to Superman, especially with Bleeding Edge armor that stood up to the likes of HE amped Ulik and Crimson Dynamo as well as Thor himself.

So the idea he's not a factor here at all against DCnU Superman is pretty much baseless.

....actually, no.

It is baseless.

armedforbattle
So ignoring all the times where Iron Man has been a factor to those I listed even recently or straight up lowballing Tony? Gotcha. thumb up

Anyway, Tony has the feats to be a factor to Superman, especially with Bleeding Edge armor that stood up to the likes of HE amped Ulik and Crimson Dynamo as well as Thor himself.

So the idea he's not a factor here at all against DCnU Superman is pretty much baseless.

....actually, no.

It is baseless.
Yeah he swatted that amped Ulik away pretty easily.

armedforbattle
Surfer is a pussy, thor beats the shit out of tony in a few hits, hulk has treated Iron man as a joke several times, sentry oneshotted him, namor beats the phuck outta him in combat, Quicksilver has owned him with his bare hands etc. DCnU superman at this time would basically ignore Iron man. surfer would wreck supes. Iron man admitted on panel he has always held back when fighting hulk. And everybody you mentioned could hold there own against supes (maybe not QS) if not win

abhilegend

....actually, no.

It is baseless.
He's been a factor less times than when he's not. There is a reason he's at high meta-low herald level and the likes of superman and thor at HH. Most of those fights where tony was a factor against top guns have context behind them. Ulik is a joke now, thor oneshot killed him and CD was always a joke. Its the same comic where diablo oneshotted thor using his own lightning.

abhilegend
surfer would wreck supes. Iron man admitted on panel he has always held back when fighting hulk. And everybody you mentioned could hold there own against supes (maybe not QS) if not win
In surfer's dreams perhaps. Let me know when he can beat thor or cyborg superman, two proven inferiors of superman. That has no meaning, hulk admitted he ALWAYS holds back. Does that means his entire history is retconned? Nope.

JakeTheBank
He's been a factor less times than when he's not. There is a reason he's at high meta-low herald level and the likes of superman and thor at HH. Most of those fights where tony was a factor against top guns have context behind them. Ulik is a joke now, thor oneshot killed him and CD was always a joke. Its the same comic where diablo oneshotted thor using his own lightning.

High Meta's/Low Heralds generally are factors on some level to High Heralds. Iron Man is arguably around the highest you can be at the High Meta range, veering into Low Herald territory.

Ulik and CD were both amped by the High Evolutionary, so there's your context. Diablo is a master transmutation artist, as evidenced by how he jacked the Destroyer Armor. Him taking out Thor with his own lightning doesn't detract from Iron Man's formidability, though.

But, if you want to lowball and discredit Tony's feats to completely justify him not being a factor to Superman at all, that's your prerogative. End of the day, though, Iron Man, with less powerful and formidable armor, has been a factor to beings such in Superman's general weight class and more than once to justify it not just being random outliers.

Can't really argue with that. Or well, no one should be able to.

abhilegend
High Meta's/Low Heralds generally are factors on some level to High Heralds. Iron Man is arguably around the highest you can be at the High Meta range, veering into Low Herald territory.

Ulik and CD were both amped by the High Evolutionary, so there's your context. Diablo is a master transmutation artist, as evidenced by how he jacked the Destroyer Armor. Him taking out Thor with his own lightning doesn't detract from Iron Man's formidability, though.

But, if you want to lowball and discredit Tony's feats to completely justify him not being a factor to Superman at all, that's your prerogative. End of the day, though, Iron Man, with less powerful and formidable armor, has been a factor to beings such in Superman's general weight class and more than once to justify it not just being random outliers.

Can't really argue with that. Or well, no one should be able to.
No, they don't. Being amped to Iron man's strength level isn't anything to feel proud about. Diablo being an alchemist or rocket scientist means jackshit about thor being oneshotted with his own lightning, it means the writer had a lower opinion about thor's formidability. If we're using high showings of IM and low showings of SM, maybe. Otherwise a being capable of bench pressing the planet for 5 days is so above tony, its not even funny.

JakeTheBank
No, they don't. Being amped to Iron man's strength level isn't anything to feel proud about. Diablo being an alchemist or rocket scientist means jackshit about thor being oneshotted with his own lightning, it means the writer had a lower opinion about thor's formidability. If we're using high showings of IM and low showings of SM, maybe. Otherwise a being capable of bench pressing the planet for 5 days is so above tony, its not even funny.

Yes, they do. They don't win and they're overpowered, but they're factors, especially when fighting alongside a High Herald on their side.

Or the writer felt Diablo was a very high potential threat? As evidenced by what he did with the Destroyer Armor. And that's not even the first time Diablo has done impressive transmutation before.

The lengths you're going here to literally ignore or attempt to downplay all of Tony's showings - from the past and fairly recently - suggesting he'd be a factor to Superman while teaming up with Thor is astounding. I mean, shit, I'm not even saying he'd win a single fight against Superman, but to act like he's not even a factor to the guy?

It doesn't even begin to make sense.

armedforbattle
In surfer's dreams perhaps. Let me know when he can beat thor or cyborg superman, two proven inferiors of superman. That has no meaning, hulk admitted he ALWAYS holds back. Does that means his entire history is retconned? Nope.
I don't think surfer dreams, so it must be real. Since when is Thor PROVEN to he supes inferior? Yeah, it does matter, because events would've happen differently if they weren't holding back.

-Pr-
Stop lowballing Iron Man/Superman.

abhilegend
Yes, they do. They don't win and they're overpowered, but they're factors, especially when fighting alongside a High Herald on their side.

Or the writer felt Diablo was a very high potential threat? As evidenced by what he did with the Destroyer Armor. And that's not even the first time Diablo has done impressive transmutation before.

The lengths you're going here to literally ignore or attempt to downplay all of Tony's showings - from the past and fairly recently - suggesting he'd be a factor to Superman while teaming up with Thor is astounding. I mean, shit, I'm not even saying he'd win a single fight against Superman, but to act like he's not even a factor to the guy?

It doesn't even begin to make sense.
Agree to disagree bud.Originally posted by armedforbattle
I don't think surfer dreams, so it must be real. Since when is Thor PROVEN to he supes inferior? Yeah, it does matter, because events would've happen differently if they weren't holding back.
He does dream, this is one of those. Superman beats the phuck out of him in reality. Read thor and superman comics to find out. One sentence doesn't retcons entire history of iron man and hulk. Try something else.

Parmaniac
"Hey suckers, superman is still the boss".stick out tongue And by that probably doomed every JL comic to suck balls.

armedforbattle
Agree to disagree bud.
He does dream, this is one of those. Superman beats the phuck out of him in reality. Read thor and superman comics to find out. One sentence doesn't retcons entire history of iron man and hulk. Try something else. proof that SS dreams? And so your saying if Hulk or ironman weren't holding back in those instances, events would have carried out exactly the same? Not at all, you are denying that in a situation with two different variables (holding back or not) that the outcome will be the same, that's ridiculous.
Would if during the civil war (the real one, not comics) the south had won? Would America still be same? Not a friggin chance. You are denying basic knowledge.

abhilegend
proof that SS dreams? And so your saying if Hulk or ironman weren't holding back in those instances, events would have carried out exactly the same? Not at all, you are denying that in a situation with two different variables (holding back or not) that the outcome will be the same, that's ridiculous.
Would if during the civil war (the real one, not comics) the south had won? Would America still be same? Not a friggin chance. You are denying basic knowledge.
He slleps and had dreams of his father killing his world when he was nearly killed in infinity crusade. Ther you go. Yeah, they were not holding back in those situations. One writer doesn't change the entire history of a character. You think Iron man or mindless hulk were holding themselves back when mindless hulk was rampaging? Use some common sense.

armedforbattle
He slleps and had dreams of his father killing his world when he was nearly killed in infinity crusade. Ther you go. Yeah, they were not holding back in those situations. One writer doesn't change the entire history of a character. You think Iron man or mindless hulk were holding themselves back when mindless hulk was rampaging? Use some common sense. alright, you provided solid evidence of as having dreams. Thank you.

Yes, ironman has never went morals off on hulk, because he knows that it is still Bruce banner in there.

Your the one that said "hulk addmitted, he has always held back" now your saying he didn't? Which is it

carver9
He slleps and had dreams of his father killing his world when he was nearly killed in infinity crusade. Ther you go. Yeah, they were not holding back in those situations. One writer doesn't change the entire history of a character. You think Iron man or mindless hulk were holding themselves back when mindless hulk was rampaging? Use some common sense.

One writer doesn't change the entire history of a character? Are you sure you want to stick with that argument?

Batman-Prime
One writer doesn't change the entire history of a character? Are you sure you want to stick with that argument?

Actually it's in history. Thanos was cut and hurt by lesser attacks before. Masterson looked also very good against Thanos. He was just gangraped. This can happen to a lot of Heralds or Trans chars.

carver9
Originally posted by Batman-Prime
Actually it's in history. Thanos was cut and hurt by lesser attacks before. Masterson looked also very good against Thanos. He was just gangraped. This can happen to a lot of Heralds or Trans chars.

I agree with Thanos. People always said he could take out a powerful team without backing it up (and Thanos never showed anything on panel "under his own power proving he could take out teams, especially team of Heralds). What I am saying is "abhi argument can be used against him".

Batman-Prime
I agree with Thanos. People always said he could take out a powerful team without backing it up (and Thanos never showed anything on panel "under his own power proving he could take out teams, especially team of Heralds). What I am saying is "abhi argument can be used against him".

thumb up

Yeah Thanos is a powerhouse and can take on Heralds individualy or maybe even at 2 or three, but his chances drop fast. He is the cunning fighter who preps to win fights and not a brute Teamwrecker like Hulk.

armedforbattle
One event doesn't change a characters history. That's what we call jobbing.
Just because gladiator has been hurt by wolverine, even though he has taken way worse damage, doesn't put gladiator in the mid-meta category. It was just a low showing everyone has 'em

abhilegend
alright, you provided solid evidence of as having dreams. Thank you.

Yes, ironman has never went morals off on hulk, because he knows that it is still Bruce banner in there.

Your the one that said "hulk addmitted, he has always held back" now your saying he didn't? Which is it
Good.

He went all out and nearly killed himself against savage hulk. You don't have to kill to go all out.

I used the reference to show that one writer making hulk or iron man say that he always holds back against one character when history shows otherwise is inaccurate.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>