Aquaman vs Cyclops

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carver9
No TP or trident for this battle. Who wins?

Sixth_Winged
Gonna go with Arthur unless Cyclops will go ""gtfo my lawn" mode at the first go.

comicfan11
Aquaman jumps him and mauls him.
He has excelent energy/heat/cold resistance and if Scott doesn't go full out at the start of the battle he gets wrecked.

-Pr-

lol @ op.

If Cyclops can keep him at a distance, he'll wear him down eventually.

That said, it's more likely that Aquaman (nerfed as he is), will get close enough to put Summers down.

carver9
Lol...what's funny Pr?

Also, going by the standard battlefield of KMC, doesn't the combatants start some distance away?

-Pr-
Originally posted by carver9
Lol...what's funny Pr?

Also, going by the standard battlefield of KMC, doesn't the combatants start some distance away?

Because I know what you're doing.

Yes, about half a kilometre/mile iirc. My point still stands.

carver9
Originally posted by -Pr-
Because I know what you're doing.

Yes, about half a kilometre/mile iirc. My point still stands.

Lol...

As for your second comment...uuummmm, Cyclops is one of the most accurate blasters in comics, Aquaman isnt dodging everything.

-Pr-
Lol...

As for your second comment...uuummmm, Cyclops is one of the most accurate blasters in comics, Aquaman isnt dodging everything.

I never said he'd have to dodge all of it.

This is a guy that's taken punches from Wonder Woman and Martian Manhunter. He's going to tank anything Cyclops hits him with until Cyclops ramps up the power.

DarkSaint85
Aquaman is pretty good at jumping....0.5km should be no prob for him.

But then, with the concussive forces, Cyclops should be able to juggle him indefinitely in the air, right?

-Pr-
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Aquaman is pretty good at jumping....0.5km should be no prob for him.

It wouldn't be, but It would leave him open to Cyclops blasting him out of the air, so it'd be a bad idea I think.

namorsubby
Aquaman

comicfan11
Lol...what's funny Pr?

Aquaman can close this distance instantly with a jump. he jumps over multi store buildings, 500 meters are nothing, even if Scott keeps moving.
In his first appearance in the NuDCU he jumped from the harbor to the center of the city seemingly in no time.
And he is faster than Scott.

Plus AQ, like Scott is a strategist, he won't just rush Scott like a brute if this doesn't bode well for him.
And of course AQ has supersenses, that make it even more difficult for Scott if he tries to outmanouever AQ.

It all comes down to whether Scott can hit Aquaman before he reaches him and even then Scott has to turn up the juice and hope it is enough to put down AQ.

Keep in mind that Black Manta, AQ's nemesis also uses optical blasts so AQ is more than used to these kinds of attacks.

Scott I believe has more powerful blasts , but Black Manta has his protective suit, designed to counter Aquaman.
Cyclops doesn't have this luxury.
If Aquaman gets close (which he always does against BM) it's over for Cyclops.

-Pr-
Originally posted by comicfan11
Aquaman can close this distance instantly with a jump. he jumps over multi store buildings, 500 meters are nothing, even if Scott keeps moving.
In his first appearance in the NuDCU he jumped from the harbor to the center of the city seemingly in no time.
And he is faster than Scott.

Plus AQ, like Scott is a strategist, he won't just rush Scott like a brute if this doesn't bode well for him.
And of course AQ has supersenses, that make it even more difficult for Scott if he tries to outmanouever AQ.

It all comes down to whether Scott can hit Aquaman before he reaches him and even then Scott has to turn up the juice and hope it is enough to put down AQ.

Keep in mind that Black Manta, AQ's nemesis also uses optical blasts so AQ is more than used to these kinds of attacks.

Scott I believe has more powerful blasts , but Black Manta has his protective suit, designed to counter Aquaman.
Cyclops doesn't have this luxury.
If Aquaman gets close (which he always does against BM) it's over for Cyclops.

Jumping would be a bad idea, as he won't be able to dodge or tank as well as he would on the ground.

While yes, his reflexes are superhuman, I don't know if they're fast enough to make him dodge everything Cyclops throws at him, especially considering Cyclops' crazy accuracy.

Manta's blasts aren't really the same, though. They seem to rely more on heat and concussive force combined, where-as cyclops' ones are pure concussive. that, and manta seems to prefer using his up close.

Manta is physically enhanced, so would naturally be able to last longer in a brawl than Cyclops, but Cyclops does have a small tactical advantage. Whether it would do him any good in a featureless environment, though, is something else.

comicfan11
Jumping would be a bad idea, as he won't be able to dodge or tank as well as he would on the ground.

While yes, his reflexes are superhuman, I don't know if they're fast enough to make him dodge everything Cyclops throws at him, especially considering Cyclops' crazy accuracy.

Manta's blasts aren't really the same, though. They seem to rely more on heat and concussive force combined, where-as cyclops' ones are pure concussive. that, and manta seems to prefer using his up close.

Manta is physically enhanced, so would naturally be able to last longer in a brawl than Cyclops, but Cyclops does have a small tactical advantage. Whether it would do him any good in a featureless environment, though, is something else.

I agree with this.
What it comes down is whether AQ will close the gap quickly.
And how much AQ can tank

Overall I think Aquaman is quick enough and durable enough to take this.

Though he will certainly feel Cyclops's blasts more than Manta's

-Pr-
I agree with this.
What it comes down is whether AQ will close the gap quickly.
And how much AQ can tank

Overall I think Aquaman is quick enough and durable enough to take this.

Though he will certainly feel Cyclops's blasts more than Manta's

Pretty much. I'm sure he'll close the gap too.

Starscream M
Pretty much. I'm sure he'll close the gap too. how could AM close the gap if cyke unleashes an omega blast?

-Pr-
Originally posted by Starscream M
how could AM close the gap if cyke unleashes an omega blast?

Cyclops won't.

And even if he did do an "off my lawn" blast, there's no guarantee it would put Aquaman down.

Starscream M
Cyclops won't.

And even if he did do an "off my lawn" blast, there's no guarantee it would put Aquaman down. even if he goes for focused blast...I don't see AM being able to dodge them, so Cyke basically can keep AM at bay until he runs outta juice

-Pr-
even if he goes for focused blast...I don't see AM being able to dodge them, so Cyke basically can keep AM at bay until he runs outta juice

Aquaman can dodge a few, and he can tank the rest, so it's going to be quite difficult for Cyclops to keep him back.

Aquaman has straight up tanked more powerful energy.

Starscream M
Aquaman can dodge a few, and he can tank the rest, so it's going to be quite difficult for Cyclops to keep him back.

Aquaman has straight up tanked more powerful energy. if he gets too close, Cyke WILL unleash omega blast

so to me, AM can't win this fight given the handicap

-Pr-
if he gets too close, Cyke WILL unleash omega blast

so to me, AM can't win this fight given the handicap

it wouldn't be in character for him to do so, even with what marvel has done to him these days.

that also assumes scott will have time to get his visor off.

comicfan11
Cyclops won't.

And even if he did do an "off my lawn" blast, there's no guarantee it would put Aquaman down.

This
If this was preboot Aquaman he has tanked blasts that I believe exceed Scott's capabilities.

A perfect example of this is the continent sized Starro's blast he took point blank that KOed Orion IN SPACE but Aquaman was still consious after that.

As for current AQ he already has some great durability feats.
A punch from Darkseid, clearly bulletproof, survived a point blank laser shot then the explosion of a flying plane and then the consequent fall to earth, he is also immune to poisons that just by touch paralyze normal humans, and also survived a whole friging ancient temple collapsing on his SPINE.
And he also casually takes BMantas blasts that have been shown to KO Atlantean soldiers (elite soldiers not footmen in particular) in one blast.

I'd say he has a pretty good chance on tanking alot of stuff

The Sorrow
This
If this was preboot Aquaman he has tanked blasts that I believe exceed Scott's capabilities.

A perfect example of this is the continent sized Starro's blast he took point blank that KOed Orion IN SPACE but Aquaman was still consious after that.

As for current AQ he already has some great durability feats.
A punch from Darkseid, clearly bulletproof, survived a point blank laser shot then the explosion of a flying plane and then the consequent fall to earth, he is also immune to poisons that just by touch paralyze normal humans, and also survived a whole friging ancient temple collapsing on his SPINE.
And he also casually takes BMantas blasts that have been shown to KO Atlantean soldiers (elite soldiers not footmen in particular) in one blast.

I'd say he has a pretty good chance on tanking alot of stuff
Didn't bullets pierce his skin?

-Pr-
Originally posted by The Sorrow

They make him bleed, but more often seem like nicks and cuts than actually doing internal damage.

This was a guy who had a BIG piece of shrapnel yanked out of his leg, and he was able to walk around on it with seemingly no difficulty.

comicfan11

They make a small cut like pinch from a needle.
He just gets madder.
In his last issue he doesn't even wear his armor when Manta's thugs shower him with bullets.

Plus when he was still a teenager he took a point blank harpoon (out of water) on his back.
The harpoon broke on impact.

pym-ftw
If Aquaman picks up a boulder and throws it at Scott he can close the distance and knock him out

BlackWind
Aquaman should be more than fast enough to get close to Scott before he gets hit with any serious damage. Aquaman has tanked far worse things than the optic blasts, so even with his handicap I see him winning with moderate difficulty.

And lol at the OP.

Zack Fair
Johns has done a great job establishing Aquaman power-wise and character-wise in the series.

Mindset
Cyclops oneshots him with a punch.

-Pr-
Originally posted by Zack Fair
Johns has done a great job establishing Aquaman power-wise and character-wise in the series.

He has, but for the most part he's just been carrying on the changes started by Peter David back in the 90s.

comicfan11
He has, but for the most part he's just been carrying on the changes started by Peter David back in the 90s.

AMEN
Let us not forget the most pivotal writer in the history of the character

The Sorrow
They make him bleed, but more often seem like nicks and cuts than actually doing internal damage.

This was a guy who had a BIG piece of shrapnel yanked out of his leg, and he was able to walk around on it with seemingly no difficulty.
Ok gotcha.

I haven't completely caught up on Aquaman yet in the New 52 so I don't know his latest feats, but I remembered he was shot and bled a little in one of the earlier issues.

-Pr-
Ok gotcha.

I haven't completely caught up on Aquaman yet in the New 52 so I don't know his latest feats, but I remembered he was shot and bled a little in one of the earlier issues.

He does bleed (this is the most recent example):

http://i.imgur.com/zz20t.jpg

As you can see, there is blood, but he just doesn't seem very bothered by it. I think, what it seems to me, anyway, is that while his skin isn't dense enough not to get cut, his muscles are. Bullets are seen crushed and bouncing off of his skin even if he's bleeding, so there is an element of durability to it i think.

namorsubby
He's essentially bullet proof. He'll eventually get to cyke, and then its lights out.

abhilegend
Arthur mauls him.

peejayd
it wouldn't be in character for him to do so, even with what marvel has done to him these days.

* that's the sad part, i guess... naturally, he is a good person... even if he was pretty much mauled by Osborn, he still did not GOML blast him... it shows a high-level restrain Scott has over his powers, even if he's against a psychotic iron-clad villain...

basilisk
Current Cyclops has a helmet that restrains his blasts as standard equipment. He judo flips AM a few times but loses.

Classic Cyclops may be able to keep blasting away with enough accuracy and power to keep AM at bay and maybe even take him down eventually. Depends if Cyke has the stamina to keep it up long enough to damage AM enough before he closes in.

BlackWind
AMEN
Let us not forget the most pivotal writer in the history of the character

Think Peter David will get his hands on Aquaman in the reboot?

comicfan11
Originally posted by BlackWind
Think Peter David will get his hands on Aquaman in the reboot?

Naah don't seem likely.
And I hope Johns stays for a long time.
He might strike out a few (very few times) but he is at his best when he is building mythologies and he is doing great with AQ.

But when the seat empties, I wouldn't mind PAD. At all.

Lord Feron
Tough call. I think cyke has the long range advantage and is not a terrible h2h. Not saying it would be adviable for him to fight him in cqc but I don't think as soon as Arthur get's into arms reach it's over. Cycke has done fair against the likes of Logan and captain america (to my surprise).

So I would say if aquaman does get close it's not necessary over. He would have to land some solid hits and avoid point blank blasts to win but i don't think that is outside of his abilities. I want to say AM for the very slight majority.

BlackWind
Naah don't seem likely.
And I hope Johns stays for a long time.
He might strike out a few (very few times) but he is at his best when he is building mythologies and he is doing great with AQ.

But when the seat empties, I wouldn't mind PAD. At all.

Its become clear to me Aquaman has gotten more powerful the older he has gotten, as seen from Flashbacks, so what we have now might not mean he's tapped out, I hope.

comicfan11
Its become clear to me Aquaman has gotten more powerful the older he has gotten, as seen from Flashbacks, so what we have now might not mean he's tapped out, I hope.

I think Johns isn't even close to showing as how powerful AQ is.
He consistenlty make's his characters look good for the most part.
He's done it with GL, Flash, JSA.
I believe AQ will receive the same treatment, especially with the AQ/JLA crossover in a few months

-Pr-
It's sad that Johns will be leaving soon...

Mindset
Hopefully, they both kill each other.

-Pr-
Originally posted by Mindset
Hopefully, the both kill each other.

They'd kill poor Danny Rand without a second thought.

Estacado
So do you like fish sticks Pr?313

-Pr-
Originally posted by Estacado

laughing out loud

No, funnily enough.

Estacado
Liar.uhuh

Mindset
They'd kill poor Danny Rand without a second thought. Originally posted by -Pr-
laughing out loud

No, funnily enough.

-Pr-
vin

BlackWind
I think Johns isn't even close to showing as how powerful AQ is.
He consistenlty make's his characters look good for the most part.
He's done it with GL, Flash, JSA.
I believe AQ will receive the same treatment, especially with the AQ/JLA crossover in a few months

I'm honestly hoping for Aquaman to have some ups in his telepathy. If he taps into the Clear again, I will be very satisfied.

comicfan11
I'm honestly hoping for Aquaman to have some ups in his telepathy. If he taps into the Clear again, I will be very satisfied.

I think it will have more to do with some kind of heritage power and the Trident. Something like AQ being a "chosen one" or something. I can certainly see Johns going that way.

And I agree we have to have some more feats with his telepathy.

But Johns has done well so far with his senses and physical attributes

Blight
Johns is leaving Aquaman or he's leaving dc for a while?

comicfan11
Originally posted by Blight
Johns is leaving Aquaman or he's leaving dc for a while?

Where's this coming from?
Especially the AQ part?
Any links?

If this happens it sucks.

-Pr-
Issue 16 is Johns' (and Reis') last on the book:

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2012/08/20/geoff-johns-to-leave-aquaman-with-ivan-reis/

He will still be writing Justice League, Green Lantern, and the new JLA book though.

And yeah, while Johns has gone to great lengths to show Aquaman's physical stats (which would actually qualify as an amp), we really need to see some more telepathy from him.

ares834
Ah... Damn it.

I've really enjoyed Aquaman so far. It's my 3rd favorite book of DC's.

Kazenji

Fish sticks....that's what folks call over there?

we call them Fish fingers.

comicfan11
Issue 16 is Johns' (and Reis') last on the book:

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2012/08/20/geoff-johns-to-leave-aquaman-with-ivan-reis/

He will still be writing Justice League, Green Lantern, and the new JLA book though.

And yeah, while Johns has gone to great lengths to show Aquaman's physical stats (which would actually qualify as an amp), we really need to see some more telepathy from him.

Well this sucks.
Hope at least the new writer continues directly where Johns leaves and builds on his story.

carver9
Let's get back on topic. Cyclops stomps Aquaman 10/10

-Pr-
Let's get back on topic. Cyclops stomps Aquaman 10/10

You know as much about Aquaman as you do Superman. Very little.

Well this sucks.
Hope at least the new writer continues directly where Johns leaves and builds on his story.

Hopefully. I just worry about who they might bring on board.

Parmaniac
The official Pr troll thread

Branlor Swift
When there's an actual debate about whether or not Cyclops can beat Aquaman, then you know Aquaman is a pretty weak character.

With a thread like this, nobody wins.

-Pr-
Originally posted by Branlor Swift
When there's an actual debate about whether or not Cyclops can beat Aquaman, then you know Aquaman is a pretty weak character.

With a thread like this, nobody wins.

Shut up. sneer

Estacado
Someone should make a Fisherman vs Aquaman thread...mmm

-Pr-
Someone should make a Fisherman vs Aquaman thread...mmm

He hasn't been a villain in decades...

Estacado
They should introduce him in Dcnu with a nth metal fishing rod this time...mmm

-Pr-
They should introduce him in Dcnu with a nth metal fishing rod this time...mmm

Well Ocean Master is coming back, so why not.

Branlor Swift
Look, if Cyclops can hurt a deranged water deprived Namor even a little, then he's going to destroy Aquaman.
http://www.imagebam.com/image/123cc3138819266
http://www.imagebam.com/image/c6f01c138819274
http://www.imagebam.com/image/28b453138819289
http://www.imagebam.com/image/3e9f05138819294
http://www.imagebam.com/image/7eb3cd138819308

-Pr-
Look, if Cyclops can hurt a deranged water deprived Namor even a little, then he's going to destroy Aquaman.
http://www.imagebam.com/image/123cc3138819266
http://www.imagebam.com/image/c6f01c138819274
http://www.imagebam.com/image/28b453138819289
http://www.imagebam.com/image/3e9f05138819294
http://www.imagebam.com/image/7eb3cd138819308

I don't see how.

Cyclops stunning a severely weakened Namor (when imo he should have done more damage) means he beats Aquaman decisively? How?

Branlor Swift
I don't see how.

Cyclops stunning a severely weakened Namor (when imo he should have done more damage) means he beats Aquaman decisively? How? Because Namor is like Aquaman on the Sentry serum.

to

http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k10/paladin_04/SubMariner_2_25.jpg

And as those scans show, even closing the distance isn't guaranteed as Cyke is pretty durable. Poor Arthur starts quite a ways away though.

He's also knocked around Captain Britain and Iron Norman Osborn.
Cyclops is pretty beastly PR, you need to give him a read once in a while. wink

-Pr-
Because Namor is like Aquaman on the Sentry serum.

to

http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k10/paladin_04/SubMariner_2_25.jpg

And as those scans show, even closing the distance isn't guaranteed as Cyke is pretty durable. Poor Arthur starts quite a ways away though.

He's also knocked around Captain Britain and Iron Norman Osborn.
Cyclops is pretty beastly PR, you need to give him a read once in a while. wink

So much sarcasm in that post... Almost too much to handle...

Aquaman, even out of water, has taken shots that Cyclops isn't capable of replicating. And that was Pre-Reboot. Post Flashpoint, he's been shown as being physically more imposing.

Those bullets cut his skin, but that's it. He was bleeding some, but he was still able to fight and move without any sort of issues. That, and Aquaman, like Thor and Wonder Woman, is in that "good with blunt force trauma, crap with sharp stuff" bracket.

He's much better than he used to be, though.

Branlor Swift
So much sarcasm in that post... Almost too much to handle...

Aquaman, even out of water, has taken shots that Cyclops isn't capable of replicating. And that was Pre-Reboot. Post Flashpoint, he's been shown as being physically more imposing.

Those bullets cut his skin, but that's it. He was bleeding some, but he was still able to fight and move without any sort of issues. That, and Aquaman, like Thor and Wonder Woman, is in that "good with blunt force trauma, crap with sharp stuff" bracket.

He's much better than he used to be, though. I don't know about that PR.
I mean, Cyclops was able to cause WWH damage and even burn his skin at max power.
Something that's able to burn Hulk's skin, should be able to cause sizable damage to Aquaman.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v655/pr1983/scotthulkPIS.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v655/pr1983/scotthulkPIS2.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v655/pr1983/scotthulkPIS3.jpg

How does that make you feel, that he was able to burn Hulk at max power?

Thor or Wonder Face haven't been damaged by bullets in a while. Hell, Thor was tanking fighter jet fire and it was just causing welts. As opposed to Aqualad's recent example.

I wonder how a lightspeed pinpoint blast would do to his skin at these long ranges...

-Pr-
I don't know about that PR.
I mean, Cyclops was able to cause WWH damage and even burn his skin at max power.
Something that's able to burn Hulk's skin, should be able to cause sizable damage to Aquaman.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v655/pr1983/scotthulkPIS.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v655/pr1983/scotthulkPIS2.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v655/pr1983/scotthulkPIS3.jpg

How does that make you feel, that he was able to burn Hulk at max power?

Thor or Wonder Face haven't been damaged by bullets in a while. Hell, Thor was tanking fighter jet fire and it was just causing welts. As opposed to Aqualad's recent example.

I wonder how a lightspeed pinpoint blast would do to his skin at these long ranges...

Ugh, you can't seriously be using WWH. Cyclops with his visor on somehow manages to go full power, even though it's not possible? Burning his skin when Cyclops' blast doesn't produce heat either, is questionable (though I didn't see it as burning myself).

btw, why do you keep showing me Cyclops scans? It's not like I haven't seen them. Not being rude or anything.

Except that when Aquaman was hit by bullets, they were crushed and bounced off of him. Yes, blood was drawn, but thats as far as it went, and at no point did he seem to be weakened by them. Look at the issue when he was in the desert for example; he has decently impressive damage soak.

Cyclops' blast being light speed is something that can be debated, tbh.

I mean, do you honestly think I want to argue against Cyclops? I'd love to say that he could knock Namor out, or the Thing, or any other low level class 100. He just doesn't have the range of feats required, and trust me, that annoys me more than it does most people.

Branlor Swift
Ugh, you can't seriously be using WWH. Cyclops with his visor on somehow manages to go full power, even though it's not possible? Burning his skin when Cyclops' blast doesn't produce heat either, is questionable (though I didn't see it as burning myself).

btw, why do you keep showing me Cyclops scans? It's not like I haven't seen them. Not being rude or anything.

Except that when Aquaman was hit by bullets, they were crushed and bounced off of him. Yes, blood was drawn, but thats as far as it went, and at no point did he seem to be weakened by them. Look at the issue when he was in the desert for example; he has decently impressive damage soak.

Cyclops' blast being light speed is something that can be debated, tbh.

I mean, do you honestly think I want to argue against Cyclops? I'd love to say that he could knock Namor out, or the Thing, or any other low level class 100. He just doesn't have the range of feats required, and trust me, that annoys me more than it does most people. Doesn't that just leave him open to more power than? So if his power is enough to cause WWH pause and even damage him at a lower level, then his actual max power... well, that wouldn't be pretty for Waterboy.

Not much else it could have been. His skin was smoking and was melting away. Heatclops burned him good.

Thought you needed reminding. Seeing as you're betraying your Uni-Eyed brethren here.

Still causing damage on a level Cyclops can vastly surpass. Both in blunt force and piercing.

It's been stated quite a few times. I don't remember it ever being stated as slower either, so...

Namor is Namor though, and Thing routinely takes massive beatings. Just because Cyke IYO doesn't have the balls to take out them, that doesn't rule out him taking out lower level people.

Shambles PR. This thread has left you in shambles.

-Pr-
Doesn't that just leave him open to more power than? So if his power is enough to cause WWH pause and even damage him at a lower level, then his actual max power... well, that wouldn't be pretty for Waterboy.

Not much else it could have been. His skin was smoking and was melting away. Heatclops burned him good.

Thought you needed reminding. Seeing as you're betraying your Uni-Eyed brethren here.

Still causing damage on a level Cyclops can vastly surpass. Both in blunt force and piercing.

It's been stated quite a few times. I don't remember it ever being stated as slower either, so...

Namor is Namor though, and Thing routinely takes massive beatings. Just because Cyke IYO doesn't have the balls to take out them, that doesn't rule out him taking out lower level people.

Shambles PR. This thread has left you in shambles.

I just think it was shit writing, whatever way it's looked at.

Which is retarded, as Cyclops doesn't produce heat with his blasts.

Cyclops' blasts are blunt force more than piercing, and Aquaman, even before the amps he's gotten, was taking punches from Martian Manhunter and Wonder Woman. Not to mention the likes of Despero, iirc, and Titus.

It's been contradicted on panel enough times to make it debatable, imo.

Not from Cyclops, though. I can't remember Cyclops ever straight up putting down a renowkned CL100 under his own power. Judo flipping and stunning teenage Colossus isn't really the same thing.

lol, maybe eventually, but not yet.

Branlor Swift
I just think it was shit writing, whatever way it's looked at.

Which is retarded, as Cyclops doesn't produce heat with his blasts.

Cyclops' blasts are blunt force more than piercing, and Aquaman, even before the amps he's gotten, was taking punches from Martian Manhunter and Wonder Woman. Not to mention the likes of Despero, iirc, and Titus.

It's been contradicted on panel enough times to make it debatable, imo.

Not from Cyclops, though. I can't remember Cyclops ever straight up putting down a renowkned CL100 under his own power. Judo flipping and stunning teenage Colossus isn't really the same thing.

lol, maybe eventually, but not yet. So, do you think Heatclops can beat Puddlelass in any way, or is he just too weak?

-Pr-
So, do you think Heatclops can beat Puddlelass in any way, or is he just too weak?

If he spammed OML blasts at the start, I could see him stunning Aquaman long enough to get in close and just pulverise him.

But Cyclops won't do that, and Aquaman can move incredibly fast, has decent damage soak, and it would literally only take one punch from Aquaman to reduce Cyclops to a smear on the battlefield.

I'd love Cyclops to be on that level, but with the push Aquaman has been getting since his resurrection, I just don't see it happening.

I still think Cyclops should have hurt Namor more, though. I'm tired of them yoyoing with his powers.

Branlor Swift
Good point, Cyclops full out couldn't even put down a severely weakened Namor.

Even with Arthur being weaker, that doesn't bode well for the guy that apparently shoots heat and pillows out of his eyes.

-Pr-
Good point, Cyclops full out couldn't even put down a severely weakened Namor.

Even with Arthur being weaker, that doesn't bode well for the guy that apparently shoots heat and pillows out of his eyes.

Arthur's weaker?

Branlor Swift
Than the Jesus like Namor.

-Pr-
Than the Jesus like Namor.

oh laughing out loud

Not for long, if Johns continues on the path he seems to be taking...

Mindset
I agree with w/e Bran has said thus far.

Branlor Swift
Originally posted by Mindset
I agree with w/e Bran has said thus far. We've basically concluded that Pr likes Aquaman way more than he does Cyclops. Yesterdays trash, he's all for a more watery future.

Also, Cyclops fires heated pillows out of his face.

oh laughing out loud

Not for long, if Johns continues on the path he seems to be taking... That's only assuming Namor stays in the X-Men. Once he gets away from that shit team he'll be back to firing jizz rockets on any interlopers.

-Pr-
So yeah... Aquaman would tank even Cyclops' top attacks now, methinks.

carver9
He really wouldn't.

StiltmanFTW
thumb up

He's no Namor.

zopzop
So yeah... Aquaman would tank even Cyclops' top attacks now, methinks.
Exactly.
He really wouldn't.
Yes he would.
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
thumb up

He's no Namor.
You're right. Aquaman wouldn't get his ass beat like a scrub by the Thing in his own element either.

StiltmanFTW
It's hilarious seeing you clinging to that one showing.

-Pr-
He really wouldn't.

Yes, he would. And we both know that you pushing this would be a bad idea.

==

Namor really should smack the ever loving shit out of Thing, though.

zopzop
It's hilarious seeing you clinging to that one showing.
It's even more hilarious the way you ignore it like it never happened. Namor is now officially a B-lister. Move on, you'll feel better.

StiltmanFTW
Even Pre-Krakoa Cyke would one-shot Aquaman.

With his fist.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by zopzop
It's even more hilarious the way you ignore it like it never happened. Namor is now officially a B-lister. Move on, you'll feel better.

One showing doesn't change anything. Namor has also one-shotted Pineapple Thing on land.

Haven't you been warned before to stop?

zopzop
One showing doesn't change anything. Namor has also one-shotted Pineapple Thing on land.

Haven't you been warned before to stop?
Stop what? People that want to ignore Namor's B-list status have no leg to stand on. Clinging to crap that happened before AvX is meaningless.

This was THE event over at Marvel. It phased out the X-men and had them join up with the Avengers. ALL of Marvel's top writers were in on this. ALL of them.

This is where Namor stands now, as less powerful than the Thing. The Thing wrecked him in his own element and walked off talking sh|t while Namor was pinned and helpless.

-Pr-
AVX alone doesn't discount the past fifty years. Or even the last ten.

StiltmanFTW
Stop what? People that want to ignore Namor's B-list status have no leg to stand on. Clinging to crap that happened before AvX is meaningless.

This was THE event over at Marvel. It phased out the X-men and had them join up with the Avengers. ALL of Marvel's top writers were in on this. ALL of them.

This is where Namor stands now, as less powerful than the Thing. The Thing wrecked him in his own element and walked off talking sh|t while Namor was pinned and helpless.

Namor's fight with Thing wasn't written by a top writer, though. Not to mention that most AvX fights sucked ass.

You realize that nobody is agreeing with you on that?

abhilegend
Namor looked superior to silver surfer in THE event of marvel one year before. He's officially trans tier and Thing is skyfather level now. Using a single fight to determine power level is silly or should we bump Black Widow to above hell lord level now? She beat magik in her own dimension worse than Thing who pinned namor after he stunned himself swinging a big ass fish.

Mshinu
Cyke wins and AM wets his pants.

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by Mshinu
AM wins and Pr wets his pants.

Fixed.

-Pr-
Fixed.

Given that I like Cyclops more than Aquaman, I don't think so.

==

In all seriousness, though, Aquaman really should win.

DarkSaint85
Given that I like Cyclops more than Aquaman, I don't think so.

==

In all seriousness, though, Aquaman really should win.

You're dead to me. It's like I don't know who you are anymore.

When was the last time Cyclops had a good showing with his eye beams?

-Pr-
You're dead to me. It's like I don't know who you are anymore.

sad

AVX I guess, when he somehow managed to knock Captain America back.... Seriously though, might have to go back to Astonishing X-Men for a really solid feat.

StiltmanFTW

Tearing WWH's skin a bit and killing Krakoa's clone are the first recent feats I thought of.

Oh, and knocking Fing Fang Foom on his ass...

zopzop
AVX alone doesn't discount the past fifty years. Or even the last ten.
But it sort of does. AvX changed a lot of things over at Marvel (the dissolution of the X-Men being the major one). Every SINGLE ONE of Marvel's top writers were in on this event. This isn't like Joe Schmoe writing an issue of the Fantastic Four that has Thing beating up on Namor.

All throughout the Event, Namor was absolutely humiliated. Luke Cage even got some licks in.
Namor's fight with Thing wasn't written by a top writer, though. Not to mention that most AvX fights sucked ass.

You realize that nobody is agreeing with you on that?
They don't have to agree. It is what it is. And don't get me started on how Luke Cage bloodied Namor (while he was in the water).

Originally posted by abhilegend
Namor looked superior to silver surfer in THE event of marvel one year before. He's officially trans tier and Thing is skyfather level now. Using a single fight to determine power level is silly or should we bump Black Widow to above hell lord level now? She beat magik in her own dimension worse than Thing who pinned namor after he stunned himself swinging a big ass fish.
Surfer is probably the most pathetic High Herald out there. So bringing him up to prove a point gets you nowhere with me. Sorry.

Point is, Illyana was fighting like a moron. She didn't armor up, she didn't summon her demon horde, etc.. She could have blinked BW out of existence if she wanted to but didn't. Namor was being Namor and he STILL lost.

Back to the thread, AM slaughters Cyclops.

StiltmanFTW
But it sort of does.

No, it really doesn't.

Luke Cage even got some licks in.

So? He did the same against Ethan erm

They don't have to agree. It is what it is. And don't get me started on how Luke Cage bloodied Namor (while he was in the water).

He also bloodied Ethan Edwards. Beast bloodied WWH... do I need to go on?

carver9
Zop Zop...

Why do you cling to one showing?

StiltmanFTW
He wants to get banned for trolling, that is why.

-Pr-
But it sort of does. AvX changed a lot of things over at Marvel (the dissolution of the X-Men being the major one). Every SINGLE ONE of Marvel's top writers were in on this event. This isn't like Joe Schmoe writing an issue of the Fantastic Four that has Thing beating up on Namor.

All throughout the Event, Namor was absolutely humiliated. Luke Cage even got some licks in.

Surfer is probably the most pathetic High Herald out there. So bringing him up to prove a point gets you nowhere with me. Sorry.

Point is, Illyana was fighting like a moron. She didn't armor up, she didn't summon her demon horde, etc.. She could have blinked BW out of existence if she wanted to but didn't. Namor was being Namor and he STILL lost.

Back to the thread, AM slaughters Cyclops.

It might change things in Marvel (I don't think it does, but tbh I'm not going to argue it), but it doesn't change things on this forum. Namor's feats from before AVX are still valid, and contribute to an average that puts him well above the likes of Thing.

As off topic as that is...

zopzop
He wants to get banned for trolling, that is why.
How about you mind your own business and let the mods do their job? Thanks.

It wasn't just that ONE showing Carver, that's the whole point. Also AvX changed the landscape over at Marvel, it wasn't just some random, meaningless issue. It was THE event. I bet you my life, next time Namor makes an appearance, it won't be against a Hulk level foe and it will be a close fight.

Wait and see.

DarkSaint85
Black Panther will beat him down, hopefully.

StiltmanFTW
How about you mind your own business and let the mods do their job? Thanks.

I have a better idea; stop trolling, plain and simple.

It wasn't just that ONE showing Carver, that's the whole point. Also AvX changed the landscape over at Marvel, it wasn't just some random, meaningless issue. It was THE event. I bet you my life, next time Namor makes an appearance, it won't be against a Hulk level foe and it will be a close fight.

Wait and see.

He had only one poor showing in that event, actually.

OMFG Captain America and Nick Fury solo'd U-Foes in Siege! That must mean U-Foes are street levelers now! eek!

zopzop
I have a better idea; stop trolling, plain and simple.
No one is trolling you, get over yourself.

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m7vvd6uUTq1rsex6lo1_500.png
whistling

-Pr-
Guys, back on topic please.

StiltmanFTW
No one is trolling you, get over yourself.

You've been trolling the entire vs. forum since AvX... erm

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m7vvd6uUTq1rsex6lo1_500.png
whistling

So? He beat Cage eventually and used his body as a club to one-shot She-Hulk...

Modern Cage has had some impressive showings, so I don't see the problem.

Guys, back on topic please.

K.

Parmaniac
AvX was terrible that's the first event that I actually stopped reading because it sucked so hard.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by Parmaniac
AvX was terrible that's the first event that I actually stopped reading because it sucked so hard.

Same here... I'm just happy that Logan finally got his revenge against a polar bear laughing out loud

-Pr-
I tried re-reading it about a week ago... Cyclops' dialogue was just ****ing horrible. And his motivations.

YFZ 350
I'd say Aquaman wins.

Branlor Swift
More like stopstop amirite?

-Pr-
laughing out loud

peejayd
* Cyclops can blast away super strong guys like Ord, Javitz (Acolyte), regular Sentinels and pierce a hole through Blob's shoulders... cracking Onslaught's armor, leveling a giant Sentinel and a part of the forest behind it, and blasting a bio-engineered monster in half...

* been able to slow down a charging Juggernaut, Cap Britain and Hulk but not stopping them, peels off (or burn through friction maybe, since the blasts are heatless) Hulk's skin... means they've been able to tank Scott's blasts...

* with Aquaman's recent showings, i think he can tank the blasts plenty of time for him to get close to Scott and pummel him... Aquaman's strength is very remarkable nowadays and as much as i want to say Scott will take this, i can't think of any class 100 he had blown away in the past...

* the only possibility is that we were just given a hint that because of his reserved character and a damaged part of his brain (retconned into a self-induced mental trauma), he is using only a fraction of his supposed limitless power source... which for me, is quite logical since Havok has been able to go toe-to-toe against an Omega-level Vulcan... i just can't believe that the eldest Summers has the weakest power...

-Pr-
That retcon didn't stick, iirc. And besides, I always took it to be a test Emma was doing on Cyclops, that both were responsible rather than one or the other.

Cyclops could do with an amp, though.

Also, Vulcan's shit.

Branlor Swift
Vulcan is the best Summers brother... besides Havok.

-Pr-
laughing out loud

armedforbattle
Vulcan is the best Summers brother... besides Havok.
And Cyclops is the best summers brothers.... except Vulcan

Branlor Swift
Originally posted by armedforbattle
And Cyclops is the best summers brothers.... except Vulcan The guy who shoots flames out of his pupils is the best?

Grow up.

-Pr-
Cyclops doesn't shoot flames out of his pupils.

Not usually...

Branlor Swift
Explain Hulk's skin Paul.

Explain it.

-Pr-

Explain it.

I... I can't...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v655/pr1983/gifs/supernatural.gif

nwg202
AM wins

peejayd
Cyclops could do with an amp, though.

* right on... in some ways, i'd want him like the style of Black Canary - who is a martial artist and uses her power only in desperate times...

Explain it.

* friction, maybe?

psycho gundam
Cyclops doesn't shoot flames out of his pupils.

Not usually... not ever

-Pr-
Originally posted by peejayd
* right on... in some ways, i'd want him like the style of Black Canary - who is a martial artist and uses her power only in desperate times...

* friction, maybe?

A mix of the two would be fine with me.

Originally posted by psycho gundam
not ever

I need to be less subtle... sad

Branlor Swift
Originally posted by psycho gundam
not ever You're right, I was going overboard. He just shoots heat.

Though flames would make him a lot cooler

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.