Thor and Loki vs Captain Marvel and Black Adam

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Starscream M
Fight in Asgard. No BFR.

JakeTheBank
Depends entirely on how Loki approaches the fight. If he basically decides to just troll his opponent and keep them occupied until Thor can pull off a win, the Asgardians can win.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Good fight. Team 2 has the edge in terms of physical strength but then team 1 has the edge in terms of versatility and such.

Not sure who wins. The fact that Captain Marvel and Black Adam usually tank shit and don't have a mystical weapon like Mjolnir can prove to be a fatal mistake when Loki pulls out his firesword or some such.

Out of curiosity, can Team 1 (Particularly Loki) use home field to their advantage?

Starscream M
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus

Out of curiosity, can Team 1 (Particularly Loki) use home field to their advantage? not really, other than having familiarity with the location, they cannot call upon allies or get any material help from the environment

Starscream M
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Depends entirely on how Loki approaches the fight. If he basically decides to just troll his opponent and keep them occupied until Thor can pull off a win, the Asgardians can win. how would he troll his opponent?

black adam doesn't strike me as the type to tolerate trolling of any sort and would break loki in half if he attempted to do so

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by Starscream M
how would he troll his opponent?

black adam doesn't strike me as the type to tolerate trolling of any sort and would break loki in half if he attempted to do so

Via making copies of himself, constant shape shifting, turning intangible, casting illusions, etc.

Black Adam is a physical beast sure, but he doesn't have the options to get around those tactics if Loki decides to just phuck with him. A proficient combat savvy mage like Loki with his base stats is a good match for Black Adam and Captain Marvel.

Rage.Of.Olympus
how would he troll his opponent?

Yes, because it's that simple to beat Loki.

/sarcasm

pym-ftw
In loki goes intangible, and amps Thor team one wins, but if loki tries to fight team two wins

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by pym-ftw
In loki goes intangible, and amps Thor team one wins, but if loki tries to fight team two wins

Completely forget about Loki being able to do that, good call. Hard to remember his entire resume when he's so versatile.

How would Loki lose if he decided to fight either Marvel or Black Adam? If Loki decided to brawl with either of them, they'd work for it (A lot harder than some would like to admit depending on the portrayal), but eventually they should put him down basically every time. But that's not Loki's style, especially when he's not fighting Thor, someone who causes his emotions to run wild.

I have a hard time seeing them even getting hits in effectively. And if Loki decides to summon something from his mystical artillery, they can be in trouble because they don't have a counter like Mjolnir.

pym-ftw
I think Loki will Troll Bladam and Billy into fighting each other personally, I'm just saying physically he isn't a match for them

Starscream M
lokis intangibility wont work against two magic beings

marvel could fly to lokis intangible form and call down the lightning, which would incapacitate loki

JakeTheBank

marvel could fly to lokis intangible form and call down the lightning, which would incapacitate loki

....his intangibility has worked on Thor. Why wouldn't it work on two guys less versatile and catered to counter Loki via a plot device magic weapon?

And then Loki could teleport out of the way. And that's generously assuming a Shazam bolt could hit an intangible Loki to begin with as I personally can't recall a moment where it did.

Rage.Of.Olympus

I'm 99% certain you're basing that opinion upon zero evidence. Originally posted by pym-ftw
I think Loki will Troll Bladam and Billy into fighting each other personally, I'm just saying physically he isn't a match for them

Yeah, he can't beat either Billy or Black Adam in a fist fight but based on some of his showings, he'd hold out almost as long as a top tier. Some of the beatings he's gotten back up from? Man, only the very elite can top that shit. Granted, Thor has used Mjolnir to f*ck him up easier than you'd expect but it has the ability to negate his magic.

In actual close combat however, it's not one-sided. Loki has enough showings to support him at the very least holding his own long long enough that coupled with his magic, their superior strength isn't a handicap for him.

Starscream M
....his intangibility has worked on Thor. Why wouldn't it work on two guys less versatile and catered to counter Loki via a plot device magic weapon?

And then Loki could teleport out of the way. And that's generously assuming a Shazam bolt could hit an intangible Loki to begin with as I personally can't recall a moment where it did. yet thor beats him

so its prob out of character for loki to just rely on intangibility for the entirety of the fight

the lightning turns marvel to billy and vice versa, it should reverse lokis intangibility as intangibility only works against the physical, not magical energy

Rage.Of.Olympus
yet thor beats him

so its prob out of character for loki to just rely on intangibility for the entirety of the fight

the lightning turns marvel to billy and vice versa, it should reverse lokis intangibility as intangibility only works against the physical, not magical energy

This post made as much sense as 2 + Fish = Apple Pie.

pym-ftw
^ its out of character for the god of mischief to be mischievous?
laughing out loud

JakeTheBank
yet thor beats him

no expression

Thor beats Loki via having an enchanted weapon designed to counter Loki's spells and see through his illusions and dispel his magic.

Captain Marvel and Black Adam don't have that advantage.

....the hell? Loki's intangibility has worked against Mjolnir throws and magical attacks.

Starscream M

....the hell? Loki's intangibility has worked against Mjolnir throws and magical attacks. uh so why the hell doesn't loki just remain intangible all the time when fighting thor?

Rage.Of.Olympus
Been trying to remember some of his showings and man, in terms of raw power, Loki is easily a high herald. That time when he had the Odin-ring? Legit Trans based on the way he handled Thor and it was all his own power.

And apparently having the power to blow up a planet? That shit was almost never seen at that era in either Marvel or DC. One shotting the entire X-men (Magik, Colossus, Storm etc.) with a casual blast, the Thor Corps, owning Dr. Strange, holding his own against Seth who was a High Skyfather at the time, halting Infinity when merging his power with Karnilla, being compared to the likes of Dormammu and Mephisto in power etc.

Guy has a crazy good record, most heroes don't have shit like this under their belt. People are sleeping on Loki.

JakeTheBank
uh so why the hell doesn't loki just remain intangible all the time when fighting thor?

Because being intangible is, at best, a temporary respite from Thor who can affect said beings once he utilizes Mjolnir to do so.

Starscream M
Because being intangible is, at best, a temporary respite from Thor who can affect said beings once he utilizes Mjolnir to do so. how can you be certain marvel's lightning won't effect loki's intangible state?

pym-ftw
Why would it

Rage.Of.Olympus
uh so why the hell doesn't loki just remain intangible all the time when fighting thor?

Loki loses a lot of his formidability because he tries to beat Thor in close combat. He doesn't have the same emotions handicapping him against Black Adam or Captain Marvel.

how can you be certain marvel's lightning won't effect loki's intangible state?

You're going to have to prove your stance champ. If Loki can hide himself from Mephisto in his own realm (Although he sensed an outsider), his magic can most likely work on either Captain Marvel or Black Adam.

Starscream M
Originally posted by pym-ftw
Why would it cuz its magical in nature

JakeTheBank
how can you be certain marvel's lightning won't effect loki's intangible state?

Because I've seen Loki's intangibility be effective against mystical attacks in addition to the fact that Loki can just teleport out of the way.

And I've not seen a Shazam bolt effect a mystically intangible being on panel.

pym-ftw
But he's intangible

-Pr-
cuz its magical in nature

That's not a valid reason.

abhilegend
Shazam lightning has affected intangible beings before and if loki gets hit with it, he's done. It disrupts all magic.

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by abhilegend
Shazam lightning has affected intangible beings before and if loki gets hit with it, he's done. It disrupts all magic.

Scans/issue numbers?

abhilegend
Scans/issue numbers?
I've to recheck them. Just give me some time, I think it was a POS issue.

JakeTheBank
No rush.

DarkSaint85
Good fight.

I give it to the Marvels, for although Loi could get intangible/invisible and troll them, whilst Thor calls down the lightning, odds on the Wisdoms actually being used effectively in a forum fight is high, imo.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.