Savage Hulk vs Aquaman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

pym-ftw
In the center of the Dc Ocean
Aquaman can use sea creatures

Let the sparks fly

-Pr-
Bar telepathy, which I'm not sure would even work, Aquaman loses. He'd hang in the fight longer than he would have even a year ago, but all the sea creatures he can summon, as impressive as they are, aren't more powerful than Hulk's villains.

pym-ftw
What about the huge speed advantage?

JakeTheBank
Thunderclap.

Arthur gets messed up.

-Pr-
Originally posted by pym-ftw
What about the huge speed advantage?

It would help, and the water is his friend definitely, but Hulk still punches harder than he can, and Aquaman isn't afraid to go h2h. The trident will give him some momentum, but putting Hulk down is still going to be the issue, and Hulk can adapt to breathe underwater.

Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Thunderclap.

Arthur gets messed up.

I think it would take more than that...

pym-ftw
Unless Aquaman has lost swimming speed he should be able to outrun a T-clap

-Pr-
Originally posted by pym-ftw
Unless Aquaman has lost swimming speed he should be able to outrun a T-clap

Even though Mera is technically faster (which makes sense I guess), he's still pretty quick. He's just not the type to run away, is all.

pym-ftw
Well a T-clap in water can only accelerate to around 738mph in water before turning water to vapor, so if aquaman can outswim that he can avoid hulk's only ranged attack

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by -Pr-
I think it would take more than that...

Hulk's thunderclaps have been ridiculously powerful. Shockwaves from Hulk in general have been powerful as one would expect. The power behind them varies but that goes hand in hand with Hulk's power set.

If he's pissed? A thunderclap would take Arthur out. It'd be on a level where Superman/Thor types would be better off avoiding it somehow.

-Pr-
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Hulk's thunderclaps have been ridiculously powerful. Shockwaves from Hulk in general have been powerful as one would expect. The power behind them varies but that goes hand in hand with Hulk's power set.

If he's pissed? A thunderclap would take Arthur out. It'd be on a level where Superman/Thor types would be better off avoiding it somehow.

I know how powerful they are. I just know Arthur is pretty durable, and I don't see an "average" thunderclap taking him out.

Obviously the angrier ones do more damage.

ColossusGrundy
Would be a good fight to begin with, but I don't see Arthur taking it. Thing would get owned, Hulk is too much.

Badabing
Aquaman summons an eel to swim up Hulks rectum. Hulk self bfrs himself. Aquanman wins.

MF DELPH
In the middle of the ocean, where Hulk would have practically zero footing, and Aquaman can use everything at his command?

Hmm...

JakeTheBank
Hulk's normal t-claps are powerful enough. Underwater, they're explicitly far more powerful.

-Pr-
Hulk's normal t-claps are powerful enough. Underwater, they're explicitly far more powerful.

And Aquaman has taken shots from Wonder Woman and Jonn. Not saying he'll be unaffected, but it should take more than that to put him down, especially with the strength and durability push Johns has been giving him.

JakeTheBank
I'm not disputing that Arthur's really tough for his tier. But a t-clap underwater is one of the worse things he could hope to deal with from Hulk. Anyone would be hard pressed to deal with it, really.

-Pr-
I'm not disputing that Arthur's really tough for his tier. But a t-clap underwater is one of the worse things he could hope to deal with from Hulk. Anyone would be hard pressed to deal with it, really.

I'm just saying I don't think it would be a match-winner in and of itself, is all.

zopzop
Aquaman. What's this "adaptability" thing people are talking about regarding Savage Hulk? That boy needed to breathe air (even later incarnations such as Grey Hulk and Professor Hulk needed to breathe air). WWH and WBH are totally different animals though.

This is Aquaman's fight to lose.

Rage.Of.Olympus
^Hulk's body and it's ability to adapt to forces was further explored later on. Savage Hulk might have had to hold his breathe but not anymore:
http://mynetimages.com/viewimage/d3c58c8a
http://mynetimages.com/viewimage/43d16bbf < All those years holding his breath were unnecessary

Pretty sure even Grey Hulk doesn't need air anymore.
And Aquaman has taken shots from Wonder Woman and Jonn. Not saying he'll be unaffected, but it should take more than that to put him down, especially with the strength and durability push Johns has been giving him.

A thunderclap from an angry Hulk > Getting hit by either Wonder Woman or John.

And magnified underwater? Aquaman is a dead man. Even Wonder Woman and John would need to get the hell away from that blast.

Rage.Of.Olympus
I know how powerful they are. I just know Arthur is pretty durable, and I don't see an "average" thunderclap taking him out.

Obviously the angrier ones do more damage.

Aquaman is durable, but as far as Hulk is concerned, he is not anything noteworthy.

I have no doubt Aquaman has some decent high end feats but the thunderclaps are not without their own showings.

Finishes off off Ironclad/Orgress (Both more durable than Aquaman):
http://www.mynetimages.com/viewimage/4d13fe8cb7

Takes out Hyperion (A lot more durable than Aquaman):
http://www.mynetimages.com/viewimage/22be01cf2a
http://www.mynetimages.com/viewimage/f5625db56a

Someone have scans of when he crippled Gladiator with a clap to the head, stunned the Avengers including Hercules and knocked out Xemnu with a force described to me more powerful than any hurricane in history?

Wish I had my scans with me, even these I have to borrow (Thanks to John).

This isn't even taking into account the fact that it would be magnified underwater.

-Pr-
I was taking all that in to account. shrug

Diesldude
Hulk wins but if Aquaman does what he did to DS, Hulk dies.

Honest question, can hulk survive if the trident pierces his brains? I know about his healing factor and all that, but brain damage will prevent him from getting angry or staying angry. He reverts to banner, healing factor goes caput and he dies as banner. But Hulk takes its

carver9
Rage, here is the scans you asked for (don't need to show the Gladiator one since everyone knows about it.).

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c324/Hulk3389/diablothunderclap.jpg

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c324/Hulk3389/comic%20book%20scans/sonicboomthunderclap.jpg

As for adapting under water.

http://img407.imageshack.us/img407/2536/013anu.jpg

carver9
Originally posted by Diesldude
Hulk wins but if Aquaman does what he did to DS, Hulk dies.

Honest question, can hulk survive if the trident pierces his brains? I know about his healing factor and all that, but brain damage will prevent him from getting angry or staying angry. He reverts to banner, healing factor goes caput and he dies as banner. But Hulk takes its

Hulk snatched half of his head off before and was still standing.

Whiteclipse
Originally posted by Badabing
Aquaman summons an eel to swim up Hulks rectum. Hulk self bfrs himself. Aquanman wins.

Or better yet summons a school of Candiru mwahaha! I like how politically correct your new sig is btw Bada smile

BlackWind
Could Aquaman's trident kill him? Poseidon used it to kill Triton, so it should help.

ODG
^ If he's strong enough to impale him completely, maybe. Rulk appeared to kill Hulk with Namor's trident when Collector and Grandmaster were pitting them against each other.

Sin I AM
Has anyone thunder clapped in water

Bouboumaster
There's not enough Aquamen to beat Savage Hulk

-Pr-
Originally posted by ODG
^ If he's strong enough to impale him completely, maybe. Rulk appeared to kill Hulk with Namor's trident when Collector and Grandmaster were pitting them against each other.

While I'm pretty sure the Trident would go right through him, why woudn't his healing factor replenish him?

Originally posted by Sin I AM
Has anyone thunder clapped in water

Yeah, Hulk has.

ODG
While I'm pretty sure the Trident would go right through him, why woudn't his healing factor replenish him? Loeb.

Honestly, I'm not sure why not either. Originally posted by Sin I AM
Has anyone thunder clapped in water http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Hulk%20Strength/SavageHulkThunderclap15Annual1998.jpg

Badabing
Originally posted by Whiteclipse
Or better yet summons a school of Candiru mwahaha! I like how politically correct your new sig is btw Bada smile Heh, those crazy things noted in The Rundown? OUCH!

They are both my minions. And I'll have a new sig after the election. evillaugh

-Pr-
Originally posted by ODG
Loeb.

Honestly, I'm not sure why not either.

That's that, then.

DarkSaint85
Aquaman loses.

comicfan11
Aquaman has a huge speed advantage and he can hurt the Hulk with the Trident, but in the end Hulk HF I think will prove too much.

If the Trident can lead to ko AQ can win this.

If not Hulk wins.

And I don't buy for a second that Mera is faster, just because she said so in issue #12.
She has the water control, but AQ is a super-atlantean and has better physical stats.

-Pr-
Originally posted by comicfan11
Aquaman has a huge speed advantage and he can hurt the Hulk with the Trident, but in the end Hulk HF I think will prove too much.

If the Trident can lead to ko AQ can win this.

If not Hulk wins.

And I don't buy for a second that Mera is faster, just because she said so in issue #12.
She has the water control, but AQ is a super-atlantean and has better physical stats.

Her manipulation of water, though, would allow her to use it to propel herself faster.

Arthur moves purely because he's that strong.

His reflexes are better anyway, so I don't mind.

DarkSaint85
Yeah, so she moves like the Planet Express delivery ship...

abhilegend
Mera curbstomps aquaman and hulk any day of the week. Busty redheads ftw.

-Pr-
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Yeah, so she moves like the Planet Express delivery ship...

laughing out loud

Originally posted by abhilegend
Mera curbstomps aquaman and hulk any day of the week. Busty redheads ftw.

Really hope Jean Grey isn't included in that.

abhilegend
laughing out loud

Really hope Jean Grey isn't included in that.
drool
Jean grey in new x-men uniform or dark phoenix uniform? FAP, FAP, FAP.

-Pr-
drool
Jean grey in new x-men uniform or dark phoenix uniform? FAP, FAP, FAP.

You're dead to me.

abhilegend
You're dead to me.
I find emma hotter than jean, so there's that. Lois>>>diana however.stick out tongue

comicfan11
Her manipulation of water, though, would allow her to use it to propel herself faster.

Arthur moves purely because he's that strong.

His reflexes are better anyway, so I don't mind.

Still it's just a claim and not a feat (her saying she can go faster)
Preboot King Shark also made a claim of being faster (only to be thoroughly proven wrong in the same issue)

Like Mera can use her Water Control to boost her speed, AQ can use his better stats to boost his.

But until proven by a feat it still is a boast for Mera.

And anyway since it has been established that AQ can go over Mach 5 as a minimum I think Johns will give as some nice feats to measure their speeds

Rage.Of.Olympus
That's that, then.

Yea, that was near Rulk's peak when he still had energy absorption. That was the arc he beat the Grandmaster to death, killed Surfer, Terrax etc. Also, it was Banner Hulk.

-Pr-
I find emma hotter than jean, so there's that. Lois>>>diana however.stick out tongue

Get. Out.

Still it's just a claim and not a feat (her saying she can go faster)
Preboot King Shark also made a claim of being faster (only to be thoroughly proven wrong in the same issue)

Like Mera can use her Water Control to boost her speed, AQ can use his better stats to boost his.

But until proven by a feat it still is a boast for Mera.

And anyway since it has been established that AQ can go over Mach 5 as a minimum I think Johns will give as some nice feats to measure their speeds

True, but I'd think Mera of all people would know. Unless Arthur's been hiding his true power from her.

Mach 5 was pre reboot wasn't it? If not, he's gone much faster than that before Flashpoint.

Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Yea, that was near Rulk's peak when he still had energy absorption. That was the arc he beat the Grandmaster to death, killed Surfer, Terrax etc. Also, it was Banner Hulk.

Yeah, so not sure the trident would get the job done.

guy222
hulk

comicfan11
Get. Out.

True, but I'd think Mera of all people would know. Unless Arthur's been hiding his true power from her.

Mach 5 was pre reboot wasn't it? If not, he's gone much faster than that before Flashpoint.

Yeah, so not sure the trident would get the job done.

Yeah preboot AQ has some better feats.
The Mach 5 (hypersonic) thing is from issues #9-10 of the current series (Aquaman outswimming the Operative's plane) His best speed feat for the first year of the reboot.

And Mera might not actually know because of the reboot. They don't seem to have spent so much time together like preboot. In the Trench storyline she was still learning things from AQ's past (going through photos and stuff)

-Pr-
Yeah preboot AQ has some better feats.
The Mach 5 (hypersonic) thing is from issues #9-10 of the current series (Aquaman outswimming the Operative's plane) His best speed feat for the first year of the reboot.

And Mera might not actually know because of the reboot. They don't seem to have spent so much time together like preboot. In the Trench storyline she was still learning things from AQ's past (going through photos and stuff)

Oh yeah, the plane thing.

Maybe, but I'm not sure about Arthur Junior. They haven't said whether he exists in this continuity, but It was stated that Mera had left Arthur and then came back to him, so it's up in the air at this point. Arthur has always been secretive to an extent, so I don't know if he'd have told Mera everything about his past.

comicfan11
Just hope we get a good ending to the Others storyline with some revelations as to where the character is heading.
The whole Throne of Atlantis storyline is building up to be pretty epic.

-Pr-
Just hope we get a good ending to the Others storyline with some revelations as to where the character is heading.
The whole Throne of Atlantis storyline is building up to be pretty epic.

Yeah, same here.

At the very least, Aquaman, power wise, gets more impressive with each issue, so with the JL crossover coming up, we should at least get some nice showings.

Estacado
Aquaman loses badly...

Batman-Prime
Under water AQ has a very good chance to win. His Trident will do serious damage, he is fast enough to avoid a rather "helpless" and dumb Hulk, he is also durable enough to take a hit and strong enough to hurt Hulk with his punches and he has sea life as distraction too.

carver9
Hulk stomps but Arthur makes him work for it just like he will make any Herald work for it.

Batman-Prime
Originally posted by carver9
Hulk stomps but Arthur makes him work for it just like he will make any Herald work for it.

Namor beat Savage Hulk underwater.

carver9
Originally posted by Batman-Prime
Namor beat Savage Hulk underwater.

Aquaman isn't as strong as Namor either and Namor would get merked by Hulk during these times. As for the fight...I wonder how Aquaman would handle this? Hulk slams his hand on a river bed and clears the entire thing out with just the shock waves of his hands.

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c324/Hulk3389/featsemptyriver5ob.jpg

Batman-Prime
Aquaman isn't as strong as Namor either and Namor would get merked by Hulk during these times. As for the fight...I wonder how Aquaman would handle this? Hulk slams his hand on a river bed and clears the entire thing out with just the shock waves of his hands.

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c324/Hulk3389/featsemptyriver5ob.jpg

DCnU AQ lifted 50.000-225.000 tons easily, pre reboot lifted an enitre city block. It's arguable if he isn't on par with Namor now. We didn't see his limits yet.
This is savage Hulk who lost to Namor, 2 times IIRC, underwater...
AQ wouldn't need to handle this as the stips say "In the center of the Dc Ocean" which is >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> a river bed.

carver9
DCnU AQ lifted 50.000-225.000 tons easily, pre reboot lifted an enitre city block. It's arguable if he isn't on par with Namor now. We didn't see his limits yet.
This is savage Hulk who lost to Namor, 2 times IIRC, underwater...
AQ wouldn't need to handle this as the stips say "In the center of the Dc Ocean" which is >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> a river bed.

Namor took on Black Bolt and had the advantage.
Namor was working Blastar.
Namor took on the entire fantastic four and was working them.
Namor stalemated Sentry.
Namor stalemated Thor.
Namor defeated Savage Hulk.
Defeated Pineapple Thing.
Ripped Ironman suit to shreds.
Took on both Ironman AND Wonderman and had the advantage over both.
Held an entire island in place.
Was stated that in a fist fight, he could shake the planet.
Defeated Immortal Herc.

Namor fts sh**s on Aquamans.

Batman-Prime
Namor took on Black Bolt and had the advantage.
Namor was working Blastar.
Namor took on the entire fantastic four and was working them.
Namor stalemated Sentry.
Namor stalemated Thor.
Namor defeated Savage Hulk.
Defeated Pineapple Thing.
Ripped Ironman suit to shreds.
Took on both Ironman AND Wonderman and had the advantage over both.
Held an entire island in place.
Was stated that in a fist fight, he could shake the planet.
Defeated Immortal Herc.

Namor fts sh**s on Aquamans.

So all in all you agree that both Namor or AQ would most likely win against savage Hulk underwater? Like Namor did before? thumb up

The Sorrow
Only way Aquaman is winning underwater would be largely through PIS. Namor used to take advantage of the fact Hulk couldn't breathe underwater back then but obviously that no longer applies now. The one occasion he legitimately KO'd Hulk underwater was from a time they were seen as physical equals whenever Namor was in his natural element. Aquaman isn't as strong or as tough as classic Namor underwater, not to mention Hulk has grown in power since those days.

Hulk wins convincingly.

abhilegend
Hulk wins easily.

Batman-Prime
Namor beat savage Hulk, who couldn't breath underwarter, AQ fights this savage Hulk in this thread...

JakeTheBank
Savage Hulk has been upgraded since then.

Virtually all of Hulk's incarnations are more formidable than before.

abhilegend
Hulk can breath underwater now. In the most recent hulk namor fight, savage hulk manhandled a fully hydrated namor with one hand.

Mshinu
Hulkie Boy dies.

Kidding, he beats Arthur into a pile of fish sticks.

carver9
Namor beat savage Hulk, who couldn't breath underwarter, AQ fights this savage Hulk in this thread...

You need to read up on your Hulk. Hell, I just posted a scan of Hulk breathing under water...WTF. Hell, Hulk took on both Surfer AND Namor with his wet suit, and Hulk was stomping them. Your Namor argument fails bro.

abhilegend
You need to read up on your Hulk. Hell, I just posted a scan of Hulk breathing under water...WTF. Hell, Hulk took on both Surfer AND Namor with his wet suit, and Hulk was stomping them. Your Namor argument fails bro.
He didn't stomp them carv.

carver9
He didn't stomp them carv.

Well, not stomp manhandling both of them while tanking a blast from Surfer.

carver9
Change your Sig.

ODG
I think Aquaman has some chance of winning (mainly because I dont think its a complete stomp). But carver9 (along with pretty much everyone else) is right: Namor has absolutely nothing to do with this. Aquaman does not become exponentially stronger underwater like he does.

abhilegend
Well, not stomp manhandling both of them while tanking a blast from Surfer.
Surfer was weakened and hulk is stronger than both.Originally posted by carver9
Change your Sig.
No.

-Pr-
Originally posted by ODG
I think Aquaman has some chance of winning (mainly because I dont think its a complete stomp). But carver9 (along with pretty much everyone else) is right: Namor has absolutely nothing to do with this. Aquaman does not become exponentially stronger underwater like he does.

Huh? It's been a part of the character for years that he's more powerful underwater...

The only difference really is that he used to be crap on land, and isn't anymore.

Change your Sig.

Stop it.

And stop lowballing Aquaman.

Tony Stark
There's virtually nothing that Arthur can do to truly hurt a savage HULK.

Savage HULK every time.

-Pr-
Originally posted by Tony Stark
There's virtually nothing that Arthur can do to truly hurt a savage HULK.

Savage HULK every time.

Of course he can hurt him.

ODG
Huh? It's been a part of the character for years that he's more powerful underwater...

The only difference really is that he used to be crap on land, and isn't anymore. Not to parse my words so technically, but I said exponentially more powerful. To my knowledge, the boost Aquaman receives underwater isnt nearly as drastic as the one Namor receives, making the attempted analogy innopposite.

-Pr-
Originally posted by ODG
Not to parse my words so technically, but I said exponentially more powerful. To my knowledge, the boost Aquaman receives underwater isnt nearly as drastic as the one Namor receives, making the attempted analogy innopposite.

shrug i guess...

Sixth_Winged
One battered fish served

quanchi112
Hulk destroys him.

StiltmanFTW
Hulk smash.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.