Mr. Majestic Vs Thor

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

abhilegend
Its a slugfest with both attacking each other untill one is koed. Thor has mjolnir.

Who wins?

JakeTheBank
Thor.

Golgo13
Majestic.

the Darkone
thor

Rage.Of.Olympus
Mjolnir? Thor, not sure how anyone can say otherwise.

ozz81
Thor ..

Digi
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Mjolnir? Thor, not sure how anyone can say otherwise.

Quite easily, actually. It would be a good fight, not unlike Thor v. Superman minus Superman's magic weakness.

Depends entirely on how Thor is portrayed relative to Majestic's combat speed. He has more power at his disposal, but might be too slow.

celeyhyga17
Thor 6-7/10

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by Digi
Quite easily, actually. It would be a good fight, not unlike Thor v. Superman minus Superman's magic weakness.

Depends entirely on how Thor is portrayed relative to Majestic's combat speed. He has more power at his disposal, but might be too slow.

What does speed have to do with a slug fest? They stand their trading shots to the chin.

Thor wins this fight like every time.

abhilegend
What does speed have to do with a slug fest? They stand their trading shots to the chin.

Every time? What if I remove mjolnir ala brucey?

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by abhilegend
Every time? What if I remove mjolnir ala brucey?

Yup every time. Doesn't mean each or any fight is easy or a stomp.

Lol, could go either way. I'd take Thor personally if I had to pick a winner, superior damage soak or durability anyways imo, with strength being a wash. Majestic is faster, but they're standing still trading shots to the jaw.

"Id"
Majestic

Rage.Of.Olympus
Beating Thor with Mjolnir in a slugfest? Well, everyone is entitled to their opinion.

"Id"
Beating Thor with Mjolnir in a slugfest? Well, everyone is entitled to their opinion. yup even with his hammer. Even at close range the majestros should beat him to the pop every time the take a swing at each other.

abhilegend
Yup every time. Doesn't mean each or any fight is easy or a stomp.

Lol, could go either way. I'd take Thor personally if I had to pick a winner, superior damage soak or durability anyways imo, with strength being a wash. Majestic is faster, but they're standing still trading shots to the jaw.
You are overestimating thor as usual. Majestic is no pushover.

Galan007
If Majestic can use his speed, then a strong argument can be made for him, imo. If they just have to stand in one place and trade blows until one of them drops, then Thor likely wins-- I believe he can endure more punches from Majestic, then Majestic can endure strikes from Mjolnir.

Rage.Of.Olympus
You are overestimating thor as usual. Majestic is no pushover.

Overestimating Thor? How? And when did I imply Majestic is in any way a pushover?

I don't understand how anyone can justify Majestic beating Thor in a slug fest when he has Mjolnir. Strength is a wash, and Thor is definitely on par (Superior imho) durability wise, adding in Mjolnir just gives him an edge that Majestic has nothing to counter with or overcome.

Just to clarify, this is a classic slug fest right? Thor hits Majestic, then Majestic hits Thor, and they repeat this until one falls? I don't want miscommunication to be any source of confusion but I'm pretty sure that's what you meant in the OP.

Originally posted by "Id"
yup even with his hammer. Even at close range the majestros should beat him to the pop every time the take a swing at each other.

Not how slugfests work, at least how I've seen them defined. Heck, that's not how comics work a lot of the time. We'll have to wait for OP clarification.

abhilegend
Overestimating Thor? How? And when did I imply Majestic is in any way a pushover?

I don't understand how anyone can justify Majestic beating Thor in a slug fest when he has Mjolnir. Strength is a wash, and Thor is definitely on par (Superior imho) durability wise, adding in Mjolnir just gives him an edge that Majestic has nothing to counter with or overcome.

Just to clarify, this is a classic slug fest right? Thor hits Majestic, then Majestic hits Thor, and they repeat this until one falls? I don't want miscommunication to be any source of confusion but I'm pretty sure that's what you meant in the OP.

Not how slugfests work, at least how I've seen them defined. Heck, that's not how comics work a lot of the time. We'll have to wait for OP clarification.
I would put majestic slightly abovd thor in strength based upon how he was portrayed against eradicator and oneshotting Rampage(traded shots with byrne superman, supergirl and Mon-El evenly) although thor hits harder with mjolnir. Majestic's energy durability sucks but his blunt force durability is excellent and its a wash IMO. Thor wins 6/10 IMO, he isn't beating majestros every time.

Yeah, its a classic slugfest.

"Id"
If its a trading contest where they take turns landing each other shots until one falls. Than I favor Thor to win the tough man contest, for the same reasons as Galans.

Otherwise I favor Majestic.

Rage.Of.Olympus
I would put majestic slightly abovd thor in strength based upon how he was portrayed against eradicator and oneshotting Rampage(traded shots with byrne superman, supergirl and Mon-El evenly) although thor hits harder with mjolnir. Majestic's energy durability sucks but his blunt force durability is excellent and its a wash IMO. Thor wins 6/10 IMO, he isn't beating majestros every time.

And I can list some impressive feats off of Thor's resume, which is superior to Majestic's.

So in your opinion Majestic maybe has a slight edge in strength which means Thor can hit noticeably harder with Mjolnir in hand depending on the power behind it. If so, how does Majestic get even a single win?

How do you justify him beating someone who's a peer physically but able to hit harder in a slug fest contest? You think he's going to knock Thor out before Thor takes him out with Mjolnir? The only way that would be possible is if he had a noticeable strength and/or durability advantage, or something to give him an edge like energy attacks from a distance or something. And none of that is true here.

Thor wining 9 or 10 out of 10 doesn't mean it's an epic stomp or anything, you know that right? Each individual fight can be tough.

keiththegreat
Majestic in a borderline stomp.

PillarofOsiris
Majestic. Easily.

Merlyn
Question,
I know they aren't permitted in this thread, but do majestic's blades defend against energy attacks by cutting the energy, or simply blocking it? I've heard both, but never one conclusive answer.

"Id"
Both.

Galan007
Originally posted by Merlyn
Question,
I know they aren't permitted in this thread, but do majestic's blades defend against energy attacks by cutting the energy, or simply blocking it? I've heard both, but never one conclusive answer. Majestic's Kusar Blades can block energy in a blunt fashion:
http://i1180.photobucket.com/albums/x402/galanpics/th_maj_sword7.jpg

AND cut/absorb it:
http://i1180.photobucket.com/albums/x402/galanpics/th_maj_sword3.jpg

So the answer to your question is "all of the above."

Merlyn
Awesome. Thanks!

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by keiththegreat
Majestic in a borderline stomp. Originally posted by PillarofOsiris
Majestic. Easily.

And I'm overestimating Thor? Lol.

abhilegend
And I can list some impressive feats off of Thor's resume, which is superior to Majestic's.

So in your opinion Majestic maybe has a slight edge in strength which means Thor can hit noticeably harder with Mjolnir in hand depending on the power behind it. If so, how does Majestic get even a single win?

How do you justify him beating someone who's a peer physically but able to hit harder in a slug fest contest? You think he's going to knock Thor out before Thor takes him out with Mjolnir? The only way that would be possible is if he had a noticeable strength and/or durability advantage, or something to give him an edge like energy attacks from a distance or something. And none of that is true here.

Thor wining 9 or 10 out of 10 doesn't mean it's an epic stomp or anything, you know that right? Each individual fight can be tough.
I know of them but on average, majestic is slightly stronger.

I don't think thor hits much harder with mjolnir than without it. He has a striking power edge, but its not huge.

I was more like "the probability of thor winning a single match is 6/10".

D-Block
Thor wins 10/10 if they are just taking turns hitting each other and Thor has Mjolnir. Majestice could maybe take some if it was fist only for both.

Nibedicus
Depends on what the OP means. If it's a punching slugfest w/ Majestic allowed to use his speed/skills, I'd say Thor 6/10.

A normal fight between the two where each character is allowed the full range of their basic abilities, I'd say Majestic 6/10.

But if it's a trade-off kinda slugfest, with Thor being allowed Mjolnir amped shots on a one by one exchange of hits shouldn't even be a question, IMO. It would be Thor 10/10.

keiththegreat
Even if their strength is close, Thor's durability lately is pathetic. He's getting manhandled by everyone. I honestly doubt he's conscious after one punch.

abhilegend
Originally posted by keiththegreat
Even if their strength is close, Thor's durability lately is pathetic. He's getting manhandled by everyone. I honestly doubt he's conscious after one punch.
Thor just took on grey hulk/gravage hulk together and was stalemating them both written by PAD himself.

Digi

Combat speed. I mean, unless they're literally going 1:1 on punches/hammers. A faster character could get more attacks in, and could also dodge some of the others' blows. I assume skill is a factor as well, which isn't a huge edge for Majestic, though he'd still have one.

I really shouldn't have to explain all that; it's common sense, and a regular forum argument.

I also haven't said Majestic wins. I just find it silly that you can't fathom counter-arguments.

Every time? Or like every time?

JakeTheBank
Thor. Good fight though.

facepalm @ Majestic stomping Thor easily. There is literally nothing Majestic has done feat wise to justify such a response in a slug fest.

Galan007
Jake, what comic is that Captain America quote under your sig from? I like it.

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by Galan007
Jake, what comic is that Captain America quote under your sig from? I like it.

It's from Captain America #444. Here is the page in particular.

http://i578.photobucket.com/albums/ss225/OdinBorson/Courage.jpg

It is quite possibly my favorite quote of dialogue concerning Captain America.

celeyhyga17
Thor just took on grey hulk/gravage hulk together and was stalemating them both written by PAD himself.

Thorbag!!!!
sick

Galan007
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
It's from Captain America #444. Here is the page in particular.

http://i578.photobucket.com/albums/ss225/OdinBorson/Courage.jpg

It is quite possibly my favorite quote of dialogue concerning Captain America. Awesome. thumb up

CosmicComet
1. Standing in one-spot trading punches--Thor gets the edge.

2. Brawl with both fighting to their best--Majestic clearly, as he won't forget that he's thousands of times faster in reflexes.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Combat speed. I mean, unless they're literally going 1:1 on punches/hammers. A faster character could get more attacks in, and could also dodge some of the others' blows. I assume skill is a factor as well, which isn't a huge edge for Majestic, though he'd still have one.

I really shouldn't have to explain all that; it's common sense, and a regular forum argument.

I also haven't said Majestic wins. I just find it silly that you can't fathom counter-arguments.

That's exactly what they're doing, so yea, my statement stands. To clarify, Majestic punches Thor in the face, stops, Thor hits Majestic in the face, rinse and repeat until Majestic someone falls.

Heh, irony.

Lol? I'm sorry, I'll refrain from pointing out the holes in your arguments then.

Every time? Or like every time?

Every time.

Rage.Of.Olympus
I know of them but on average, majestic is slightly stronger.

I don't think thor hits much harder with mjolnir than without it. He has a striking power edge, but its not huge.

I was more like "the probability of thor winning a single match is 6/10".

In your opinion, sure. I personally can't see how you can read through Thor's main title like you said you do and Majestic's appearances and come to that conclusion though.

Depends on the type of power he puts behind it. It can substitute for his fist, and it can hit with way beyond Top Tier level force.

Oh okay.

Digi
That's exactly what they're doing, so yea, my statement stands. To clarify, Majestic punches Thor in the face, stops, Thor hits Majestic in the face, rinse and repeat until Majestic someone falls.

The OP does not say this. This is interpretation. One can have a slugfest without standing in place. If this fight happened and these two used no exotic powers, but were still moving around, we could refer to it as a slugfest.

Because others, yeah, agreed. It takes a bit but Thor wins.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Here you go:
Just to clarify, this is a classic slug fest right? Thor hits Majestic, then Majestic hits Thor, and they repeat this until one falls? I don't want miscommunication to be any source of confusion but I'm pretty sure that's what you meant in the OP. Originally posted by abhilegend

I asked the OP this on the first page so that we could avoid such confusion.

Digi
Here you go:

I asked the OP this on the first page so that we could avoid such confusion.

Ah. Well, I generally get my instructions from the OP itself. Anything after that is a bit hit-and-miss even with posters trying to be thorough.

Anyway. Thor wins.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.