Lucasfilm Sold to Disney for $4.05 billion

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

focus4chumps
http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/10/30/the-walt-disney-company-acquires-lucasfilm-star-wars-episode-vii-set-for-2015

im always skeptical, but its seems like this may well be legit.

i hope they purify the OT and reboot the PT

then again disney might manage to **** it up so bad that we'll mis george lucas' petty tamperings.

discuss

LanceWindu
Originally posted by focus4chumps
http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/10/30/the-walt-disney-company-acquires-lucasfilm-star-wars-episode-vii-set-for-2015

im always skeptical, but its seems like this may well be legit.

i hope they purify the OT and reboot the PT

then again disney might manage to **** it up so bad that we'll mis george lucas' petty tamperings.

discuss

It's very much legit. You're able to listen to the investors conference call from an hour ago.

They planned Episode 7 in 2015.

roughrider
I might eventually see the upside to all this, but right now I'm just numb with shock.

Lucas put everything he got out of the first Star Wars film to build an independent film-making empire up in Northern California, taking all the merchandising rights Fox (in what proved to be a stupendously short sighted move) gave away to him in his original contract. The difference between Star Wars and all the other film series owned and beaten into the ground by other studios, was the rights were owned by one man. And he made them the way he wanted to, with no studio bureaucracy breathing down on him. It made the films special events when they came.

....And now - the empire, the rights to Star Wars - it's all owned by Disney.

no expression

The immediate up side for George Lucas - aside from pocketing a few more billion - is now all the haters who can't give up the littlest change can go complain to Disney from now on about Who Shot First etc.

If you've been wanting him gone from the saga, well congratulations. You're succeeded.
Happy now?

Ushgarak
Got another thread in here already, though to be fair I moved that over. We'll use that one, thanks.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.