Gravity

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Patient_Leech

Robtard
Solid director, really liked 3 of the 4 films of his I've seen where he's directed. While I didn't care much for his HP film, it was one of the best of the series. Solid actor, as Clooney rarely disappoints.

Sounds like a win film to me so far.

marwash22
sounds like another one of those 127 Hours/Buried kinda movies.

BruceSkywalker
looks good.. clooney is good in certain things..

Originally posted by Robtard
Solid director, really liked 3 of the 4 films of his I've seen where he's directed. While I didn't care much for his HP film, it was one of the best of the series. Solid actor, as Clooney rarely disappoints.

Sounds like a win film to me so far.

have you forgotten batman and robin laughing out loud

Robtard
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker

have you forgotten batman and robin laughing out loud

Certainly not; that would be one of the rare times he disappointed me. I do blame that more on the writer and director, IMO, Clooney could have made a decent Batman back then.

marwash22
I agree. Clooney is typically gold. The American and Syriana were boring as hell, imo, but his performance in both was solid.

Robtard
I didn't love nor hate The American, Clooney did an alright job with the character. Being mostly silent and poker faced isn't for him though.

I enjoyed Syriana, not something I'd watch over and over though.

Edit: Didn't he do some flick with J-Lo? IIRC, that was terrible and he was terrible in it. But again, it's still rare moments where he doesn't deliver.

BruceSkywalker
Certainly not; that would be one of the rare times he disappointed me. I do blame that more on the writer and director, IMO, Clooney could have made a decent Batman back then.

yea the writing was very horrid..

Originally posted by marwash22
I agree. Clooney is typically gold. The American and Syriana were boring as hell, imo, but his performance in both was solid.

I agree

Patient_Leech
Yeah, I didn't like Syriana either.

Ever seen Good Night & Good Luck? That's pretty good... I took a history of TV class and learned about Edward R. Murrow.

Ascendancy
Haven't had any issues with Clooney. I enjoyed the American & Syriana, liked Out of Sight, and even liked him with his supporting part in Confessions of a Dangerous Mind.

I still haven't seen Michael Clayton. Any reviews on that one?

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Patient_Leech
Yeah, I didn't like Syriana either.

Ever seen Good Night & Good Luck? That's pretty good... I took a history of TV class and learned about Edward R. Murrow.

haven't seen that yet.. want to though

samantha143
Nice Post

Patient_Leech
Surprised no one's posted about this yet. Looks pretty spectacular (especially in Hi-Def):

doLizp4PJmc

BruceSkywalker
saw the trailer before Gatsby came on.. looks pretty solid

jaden101
I like the look of this but remain skeptical that it'll end up basically being 'open water' in space.

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by jaden101
I like the look of this but remain skeptical that it'll end up basically being 'open water' in space.

Well, I've never seen Open Water, but I like this trailer because it doesn't really reveal much, so I have no idea really how the story will progress from what we've seen. I do know that this director is fantastic (Children of Men), so I'd honestly see it just out of faith in him. I'm sure it'll be a good ride just because he is behind it.

jaden101
Yeah, Children of Men is top drawer. From what little I've looked into this is that after a disaster aboard their shuttle, 2 astronauts end up adrift in space with no way to contact earth. I just hope it isn't a case of 5 minutes of action and then them talking existential drivel for an hour and a half before dying. I remain as hopeful as a man of my naturally pessimistic personality can though.

Patient_Leech
I just hope it isn't a case of 5 minutes of action and then them talking existential drivel for an hour and a half before dying.

Yeah, that could work honestly. I probably wouldn't mind some existential drivel. Haha.. But that's just me. Is that the general layout of Open Water?

Robtard
Yeah, that could work honestly. I probably wouldn't mind some existential drivel. Haha.. But that's just me. Is that the general layout of Open Water?

There's sharks involved, which probably won't happen in Gravity.

mandijames
looks good.. clooney is good in certain things..

Ascendancy
There's sharks involved, which probably won't happen in Gravity.
There's no where sharks won't find you.

Robtard
Originally posted by Ascendancy
There's no where sharks won't find you.

Wouldn't surprise me if The Asylum films has something with space sharks in it.

jaden101
Don't give them ideas. Sharknado must remain the pinnacle.

Patient_Leech
A new shot of Sandra Bullock...

Gravity opens October 4.

Patient_Leech
New trailer, pretty damn good...

H4coTNta-YA

Impediment

My thoughts, exactly.

Open Water, but in outer space and with a much bigger cast and budget.

It looks okay, but I'll wait for PSN rental.

jinXed by JaNx
it would be awesome if this turned out somehow to really be a sequel to the last starfighter.

jaden101
Trailers are certainly visually amazing. On that basis alone I'll see it on the big screen

srankmissingnin

Patient_Leech

BruceSkywalker
just got back from seeing this..

its a pretty decent film.. Bullock's performance is good, but not oscar worthy.

jinXed by JaNx
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
just got back from seeing this..

its a pretty decent film.. Bullock's performance is good, but not oscar worthy.

I too just saw this today. Bullocks' performance was good for sure but the acting is not what makes this movie enjoyable or even worth watching. It is the scenario and the effects that bring the scenario to life that make this movie worth watching. This isn't to say the acting isn't bad because what little acting there is in this movie do help to bring the scenario to life but i'm willing to bet that the movie would have the same impact without any dialogue.

If you're on the fence for this movie you should definitely go see it in the theater. This is one of those movies that are helped by watching it on the big screen. However, with that said not much happens in the movie. I think the movie could have been a half hour shorter. Although it is a fun ride and the effects are truly stunning at times.

BackFire
Great film. Visually stunning work, solid performance and a potent and powerful emotional core. Lots of visual metaphors.

Darth Martin
I thought it was dope. Not understanding the negative critique from some people. It's pretty different from a lot of movies out right now. One of the few scenarios where seeing it in 3-D actually adds to the experience in a positive way. Obviously, see it on the biggest screen you can find.

COG Veteran
This film kicked so much A$$!! If you have the time and money go see this movie, 3D preferably.

Patient_Leech
I look forward to seeing this. Not sure when I'll get out to see it, though. Hopefully I'll be able to catch it in 3D.

rudester
I liked it but i wouldnt watch it again. 7/10

Patient_Leech
I saw it last night. Quite spectacular, both in style and execution, as well as the performances from Clooney and Bullock. I'm a litttle iffy on the scene where Clooney floats off to his demise, though. It's not like there's wind in space, so she should have been able to pull him back.. I'm not sure I'm buyin' that. But otherwise I found it completely immersive thanks to the long shots without cuts. I love his direction and the film just looked fantastic.

erik.dansereau
Has to be seen in 3D. one of the few films that actually uses 3D properly. and not just as a gimmick for a Imax ticket sales

Firefly218
Sandra Bullokc is friggin hot

COG Veteran
Originally posted by Firefly218

thumb up

Mindship
Visually stunning, and epic in its heart-pounding straightforwardness. What a ride, what a view.

Makes you wonder: what happens if you throw up in your helmet?

Lord Lucien
Everybody knows satellites orbit much higher than space stations, what a stupid mistake. I walked out as soon as I heard that part. Which is probably good, cuz I heard the car chase at the end was full of shaky cam. This movie was one of the worst space adventure/buddy comedies ever made.

#fail

Dolos
Sandy Bullet looks like a little white Panda Bear floating around in the trailers. Cute.

Lestov16
I enjoyed this film. It had spectacular visuals, a simple and straightforward plot, and strong acting. It is definitely not one of the best films I've ever seen, but I enjoyed it and was entertained and bedazzled throughout.

8/10

Supra
Best Space Movie To Date

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by Lord Lucien
....Which is probably good, cuz I heard the car chase at the end was full of shaky cam. This movie was one of the worst space adventure/buddy comedies ever made.

the fu#k?

Originally posted by Firefly218

Indeed. I wasn't a fan of the boyish hair, though.

siriuswriter
Originally posted by Mindship

Makes you wonder: what happens if you throw up in your helmet?

You get to breathe extra-concentrated vomit-breath until your oxygen runs out.

Lord Lucien
the fu#k? What? Was the car chase actually good?

Lestov16
She rammed a semi Mack truck off of a highway speeding down the wrong lane riding Grave-Digger. You should have seen it, bro.

Mindship
Originally posted by siriuswriter
You get to breathe extra-concentrated vomit-breath until your oxygen runs out. And it floats, too, not like it'll just slosh about at the bottom of your helmet...

Lord Lucien
Originally posted by Mindship
And it floats, too, not like it'll just slosh about at the bottom of your helmet... Oh yes. It floats.

Patient_Leech
What? Was the car chase actually good?

First of all, I wouldn't exactly consider it a buddy comedy. And second of all, unless there was something after the credits that I missed, there was no car chase. It ended with Sandra Bullock's character landing in water and eventually standing up on dry land. Roll credits. A car chase would seem quite random.

Lord Lucien
First of all, I wouldn't exactly consider it a buddy comedy. And second of all, unless there was something after the credits that I missed, there was no car chase. It ended with Sandra Bullock's character landing in water and eventually standing up on dry land. Roll credits. A car chase would seem quite random. That doesn't sound any better. Honestly it sounds like they packed this movie full of cliches and totally ignored logic; Bullock wouldn't be able to stand up after being in space, much less drive a high-speed car down L.A.'s highways. And for that matter, how did she survive getting shot in the space station? She just gets Ryan Gosling's character to wrap a bandage around her and she's fine? I thought this movie was supposed to be "realistic" but it sound retarded.

Patient_Leech
^ hahaha... what movie are you talking about? Certainly not Gravity. Ryan Gosling? High-speed car chases?? hahaha

Arachnid1
I finally got around to seeing this today. I wish I saw it in theaters. I kept expecting it to end with her getting killed after all that shit. I would have been pissed if she ended up drowning after all that. She actually made it though! Great movie.

That doesn't sound any better. Honestly it sounds like they packed this movie full of cliches and totally ignored logic; Bullock wouldn't be able to stand up after being in space, much less drive a high-speed car down L.A.'s highways. And for that matter, how did she survive getting shot in the space station? She just gets Ryan Gosling's character to wrap a bandage around her and she's fine? I thought this movie was supposed to be "realistic" but it sound retarded. loled

Esau Cairn
^ hahaha... what movie are you talking about? Certainly not Gravity. Ryan Gosling? High-speed car chases?? hahaha

You didn't stay for after the credits, dude.

Yeah she makes it to dry land only to discover the apes have taken over the planet.
She gets menaced by a gorilla with a big big banana then Gosling shows up... ensuing car chase & much hilarity happens.

Lord Lucien
I've seen this movie a few times now and have revised my opinion of it. The second act really picks up once the Russian missile is revealed as a conspiracy to awaken the Old Ones.

The shaky cam was still annoying though. Lame effects.

Time Immemorial
I've seen this movie a few times now and have revised my opinion of it. The second act really picks up once the Russian missile is revealed as a conspiracy to awaken the Old Ones.

The shaky cam was still annoying though. Lame effects.

Man seeing it for the first time in IMAX 3D was amazing, seeing on a screen at home another way for the second time was not as cool.

Lord Lucien
Originally posted by Time Immemorial
Man seeing it for the first time in IMAX 3D was amazing, seeing on a screen at home another way for the second time was not as cool. You must be from the poor section of America Land, cuz down here in Canada even the poorest of community homes come equipped with IMAX.

We uh, did invent it after all.

You're f*cking welcome.

Time Immemorial
You must be from the poor section of America Land, cuz down here in Canada even the poorest of community homes come equipped with IMAX.

We uh, did invent it after all.

You're f*cking welcome.

laughing out loud

Thank you! It's amazing!

Lauren2
This is one of the best movies on recent years. I have watched this three times and loved every minute of watching this master class from "Alfonso Cuaron"

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.