Guillermo del Toro on Heaven Sent AKA Justice League Dark?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Golgo13
Make this happen WB!

http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/11/01/guillermo-del-toro-reportedly-plans-dc-comics-team-up-movie

JakeTheBank
The comic book fanboy in me would love to see something like this come into fruition. The practical side of me really thinks WB ought to focus on establishing their primary characters in the form of the Justice League outside of Superman and Batman.

It just seems weird how you hear about projects like this and Lobo and Metal Men before you hear about a goddamn Wonder Woman or Flash movie, both of which, I'm pretty positive, would draw much more buzz and money than a Justice League Dark/Sentinels of Magic type film.

WhiteWitchKing
So long as there is a passionate director, let them have at it. They main stars aren't getting those movies because WB does not have focus. Del Toro, however, sounds like he does have a vision that he wants to make happen.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
The comic book fanboy in me would love to see something like this come into fruition. The practical side of me really thinks WB ought to focus on establishing their primary characters in the form of the Justice League outside of Superman and Batman.

It just seems weird how you hear about projects like this and Lobo and Metal Men before you hear about a goddamn Wonder Woman or Flash movie, both of which, I'm pretty positive, would draw much more buzz and money than a Justice League Dark/Sentinels of Magic type film.

thumb up

-Pr-
I trust Del Toro, but would Keanu be playing Constantine again?

Golgo13

That's because the solo movies will spin out of the JLA movie. WB is hoping to establish the characters their first. It will be the opposite of what Marvel did.

Golgo13
Originally posted by -Pr-
I trust Del Toro, but would Keanu be playing Constantine again?

Nowhere did it say Keanu will be playing Constantine. Especially since that movie won't even be in continuity with Del Toro's project.

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by Golgo13
That's because the solo movies will spin out of the JLA movie. WB is hoping to establish the characters their first. It will be the opposite of what Marvel did.

In any case, we keep hearing more about these second and third string characters which are fairly obscure to the common fan over any developments for the main characters from the DCU. Which makes next to no sense.

WB has went on record to more or less scoff at Marvel's shared continuity, claiming that their vision would be different and they didn't want to merely copy the competition...even though Marvel didn't invent shared continuity films. But after the success of the Avengers, now WB is scrambling to get something out and soon, but without any sort of focus.

Golgo13
In any case, we keep hearing more about these second and third string characters which are fairly obscure to the common fan over any developments for the main characters from the DCU. Which makes next to no sense.

WB has went on record to more or less scoff at Marvel's shared continuity, claiming that their vision would be different and they didn't want to merely copy the competition...even though Marvel didn't invent shared continuity films. But after the success of the Avengers, now WB is scrambling to get something out and soon, but without any sort of focus.

Why doesn't it make sense? Ever since DC Entertainment was created, Diane wanted to expand the DC properties and a JL Dark type movie is the perfect route to take.

WB has been talking about a shared universe for a while, actually. Ever since the last Superman movie was released.

WhiteWitchKing

WB has been talking about a shared universe for a while, actually. Ever since the last Superman movie was released.

Yes, talk. That's about the only thing they do well at Warner Bros when it comes to they're comic book franchise. SR was in 2006; DC had 2 Batman and a Green Lantern film. We'll see if they actual try for a shared universe in this Superman film.

Golgo13
Seeing as a JLA movie is coming out, they will have a shared universe. Around 2015/2016.

roughrider
Seeing as a JLA movie is coming out, they will have a shared universe. Around 2015/2016.

Seeing as Star Wars is now set to return in 2015, along with the arrival of Avengers 2, I expect an announcement within a years time that the JL movie has been pushed back to 2016, or later.

And DC/WB still seems to be debating about establishing a shared continuity among separate franchises. That's what I would want, but last time they tried to get different actors for Superman and Batman for the JL movie. Until Man Of Steel bows, I don't think this question will get answered.

Kazenji
No longer an idea its on for real

http://www.shocktillyoudrop.com/news/172601-guillermo-del-toro-updates-on-dark-universe-film

jinXed by JaNx
i just wish del toro would at least finish Hellboy.

Kazenji
Originally posted by jinXed by JaNx
i just wish del toro would at least finish Hellboy.

Won't be happening it seems

movie 3 needs $150 million and no studio wants to back it and even Mike Mignola is even unsure about sequel now

as for this movie if it ends up actually being a success its going to put shame on the development on the other Justice League movie.

Kazenji
Del Toro says Justice League Dark is dependent on Warner Bros. overall plan for DC

http://www.joblo.com/movie-news/guillermo-del-toro-says-justice-league-dark-is-dependent-on-warner-bros-overall-plan-for-dc

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.