Extremis Ironman vs Sasquatch

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

armedforbattle
No Prep.
Fight in NY.
Fight in Character.

Who takes it?!

juggernaut74
What can Iron Man do to Sasquatch?

dmills
Originally posted by juggernaut74

Laser lance his face off same as he did Grey gargoyle prolly. Or shatter his ear drums with sonics, hit him with a "(stiil hard to believe this one) bio emo", mix in some nice ranged attacks etc. He takes it imo.

-K-M-
The laser lance would work, but that wasn't Extremis nor would he use it here. Sonics wouldn't put down Walter either (he does have a healing factor that healed internal organs in seconds).

dmills
Originally posted by -K-M-
The laser lance would work, but that wasn't Extremis nor would he use it here. Sonics wouldn't put down Walter either (he does have a healing factor that healed internal organs in seconds).

Damn it get outta here K-M. Lol.

Mindset
What's the laser lance?

dmills
Originally posted by Mindset
What's the laser lance?

Tony's lil light saber. In one of his gauntlets iirc.

Mindset
So it's basically a laser?

IM 10/10.

dmills
So it's basically a laser?

IM 10/10.

Like a super heated lazer dagger that can slice through just about anything for lack of a better term. I'm just butchering the name because I can't recall it at the moment lol.

-K-M-
It was very powerful and sliced a peice of Worthy Grey Gargoyle's head off, but did use up basically all of his power to power it.

As mentioned he wouldn't be in character for him to use it here nor would he technically have it in this battle as well.

dmills
I have a feeling mindset is jerking our chains a bit here lol.

-K-M-
Yeah when I saw his second post I knew, I only saw his first so I was replying to that.

Mindset
Sasquatch is weak against lasers, it's because Tanaraq was once beaten by the Sun God, Garokk.

This happened in Alpha Flight #38 volume 1.

-K-M-
No Sun God in AF #38, nor lasers. Garokk never appeared in an Alpha Flight comic too but you knew that.

Mindset
Are you calling me a liar?

Reported.

dmills
laughing out loud

the ninjak
The Laser Sword was a part of the Bleeding Edge armor.

armedforbattle
What is Sasquatch's Strength at? Class 90?

juggernaut74
Yea, he can lift 90 tons to IM's 100. If Sasquatch goes Tanaraq I can't see IM winning. But then again that's not really in character.

-K-M-
Originally posted by armedforbattle
What is Sasquatch's Strength at? Class 90?

Base level 90, but the more pain or rage he goes through he becomes class 100.

It was just recently revealed he is more powerful then both of the She Hulk's (Jennifer and Lyra) ......combined
---
Also it's in character for Walter to lose control to Tanaraq he doesn't have much of a choice (2nd last panel)

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c120/A_Flight2/AlphaFlight23-17.jpg

-K-M-
Keep in mind this is all calm Walter, so really he is class 100 base

Here Sasquatch pulls and lifts a destroyer nany ship (British destroyers (of recent times) have an average displacement of around 5,000 tonnes or higher) and then pushes it out again

1. http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v118/Nidaime-Sama/Hulk_Annual_1979_008_11.jpg

Against the would be god, Ranark the Ravanger. He creates an earthquake that topples a 6 story apartment which Sasquatch catches in mid-air

1. http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v118/Nidaime-Sama/Two-in-One084_11.jpg
2. http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v118/Nidaime-Sama/Two-in-One084_12.jpg
3. http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v118/Nidaime-Sama/Two-in-One084_13.jpg

In his first appearance he threw a 250 ton DC-10 1000 feet in reverse, crashing into a building even while the engines were still on. The engines were stated to produce 150,000 pounds of thrust.

1. http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v118/Nidaime-Sama/Sasplane1.jpg
2. http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v118/Nidaime-Sama/UncannyX-Men120b.jpg
3. http://i267.photobucket.com/albums/ii315/darkseidres2/ClassicX-Men26-12.jpg

juggernaut74
Well then IM can't really win then.

the ninjak
Extremis Ironman should have a very hard time with Sas.
He has blitz speed though. And sonics.

But Bleeding Edge armor has better toys when dealing with such bricks.

JakeTheBank
Iron Man.

-K-M-
Originally posted by the ninjak
Extremis Ironman should have a very hard time with Sas.
He has blitz speed though. And sonics.

But Bleeding Edge armor has better toys when dealing with such bricks.

Sasquatch has caught Northstar in mid-flight on more then one occasion. He is not speedblitzing him, nor would sonics work.

Bleeding Edge was Laser Lance right? if so yeah that would work, but not in character for him to use it here

Blair Wind
Sasquatch has caught Northstar in mid-flight on more then one occasion. He is not speedblitzing him, nor would sonics work.

Bleeding Edge was Laser Lance right? if so yeah that would work, but not in character for him to use it here

He did use the energy sword with the Bleeding Edge armor, but he's had a energy sword since the SKIN armor (maybe before, but that is the first time I remember seeing it).

Even then, I think Pulse Bolts from a mile away will do a great job. They get stronger the farther away they travel.

-K-M-
Originally posted by Blair Wind
He did use the energy sword with the Bleeding Edge armor, but he's had a energy sword since the SKIN armor (maybe before, but that is the first time I remember seeing it).

Even then, I think Pulse Bolts from a mile away will do a great job. They get stronger the farther away they travel.

The same level he used against Worthy GG?

and what is the strongest person the Pulse Bolts have taken out? and Walter has leaping abilities (second strongest legs on the planet) and has caught Northstar mid-flight multiple times so I don't see Iron Man just easily evading him. Nor is that a tactic IM would use especially if this thread is supposed to be in characters

Blair Wind
The same level he used against Worthy GG?

and what is the strongest person the Pulse Bolts have taken out? and Walter has leaping abilities (second strongest legs on the planet) and has caught Northstar mid-flight multiple times so I don't see Iron Man just easily evading him. Nor is that a tactic IM would use especially if this thread is supposed to be in characters

The Energy Blade is based on the same design he used to build Captain America's energy shield. It was emitted from his left arm, could also be flattened into a shield on his hands, or spread over the entire armor.

When he first used it, it was against Titanium Man in space (a no dialogue issue). I don't think he ever actually connected against him in that fight but he did cut some energy based wires that were encasing him.

Pulse Bolts from far away is definitely a tactic that Iron Man would use, in character - much moreso than the energy blade. He hasn't done it as much recently, but it was one of his standard go-to weapons and part of his tactics for years and years.

-K-M-
Oooooh right now I remember that, but that didn't drain his power so drastically like the one IM used against Worthy GG.

Oh right, the nuff said' series. Never read it, but if it never connected or did much I have my doubts it would do much if anything at all to Walter.

JakeTheBank
I think the fact that this fight is in New York also gives Tony a pretty hefty advantage.

Blair Wind
I lied, he used the energy blade before that fight, against MODOK. Took two slices to break his upgraded/powered up forcefield.

-K-M-
Tony better watch out.....|

http://cdn.ebaumsworld.com/mediaFiles/picture/861722/82880625.jpg

dmills
LOL

juggernaut74
I'm pretty sure Sasquatch and Iron Man fought in the 90's but can't find any info on it.

armedforbattle
But the extremis armor is alot better than 90's iron man^

juggernaut74
Originally posted by armedforbattle
But the extremis armor is alot better than 90's iron man^ I know.

-K-M-
Not directly, he held an Infinity War clone of Iron Man. Just to note the same clone beat the real Iron Man in a one on one battle

Mentions Sasquatch and Colossus can take his repulsor ray. Next page he is holding the Iron Man clone himself
1. http://i267.photobucket.com/albums/ii315/darkseidres2/FantasticFour368-02-03-1.jpg
2. http://i267.photobucket.com/albums/ii315/darkseidres2/FantasticFour368-04-1.jpg

In a non-canon story, here they birefly clash but not really anything serious
1. http://i267.photobucket.com/albums/ii315/darkseidres2/MA_IM_11_DCP_009.jpg
2. http://i267.photobucket.com/albums/ii315/darkseidres2/MA_IM_11_DCP_010.jpg
3. http://i267.photobucket.com/albums/ii315/darkseidres2/MA_IM_11_DCP_012.jpg

As far as I know that's it.

JayDaDon

and what is the strongest person the Pulse Bolts have taken out?

Pretty sure he used them to bring down fin fang foom once.

-K-M-
Fin Fang Foom has had terrible showings, he isn't what he used to be.

the ninjak

Extremis speed blitzing wasn't really flight based though. More a clever manipulation of Inertial Dampeners and ground contact. Those same Inertial Dampeners were able to bond the armor to Stark's body in less than a second from far away.

Kind of like telekinesis moving ones body with the power of a super computer calculating how much pressure is needed to push and ground one's body.
He also used it on Cap in Civil War as well as the original terrorist who held the Extremis virus, who could move at 300 MPH.

And the fact that this fight takes place in New York means Tony can see Sasquatch through every camera in the city and satellites. Can keep his distance and let lose those Pulse Beams that get stronger the further they go.

Tony also has the Satellite Beam he used on WWH and the Illuminati Super Skrull.

-K-M-
Northstar > Iron Man in speed. Oh so Tony now has prep for this fight? I also have yet to see any proof the Pulse Beam would even take Walter out.

Right, that's in character for him to use it here? haha come on now.

the ninjak
Originally posted by the ninjak
Extremis speed blitzing wasn't really flight based though. More a clever manipulation of Inertial Dampeners and ground contact. Those same Inertial Dampeners were able to bond the armor to Stark's body in less than a second from far away.

Kind of like telekinesis moving ones body with the power of a super computer calculating how much pressure is needed to push and ground one's body.
He also used it on Cap in Civil War as well as the original terrorist who held the Extremis virus, who could move at 300 MPH.

And the fact that this fight takes place in New York means Tony can see Sasquatch through every camera in the city and satellites. Can keep his distance and let lose those Pulse Beams that get stronger the further they go.

Tony also has the Satellite Beam he used on WWH and the Illuminati Super Skrull.
Northstar > Iron Man in speed. Oh so Tony now has prep for this fight? I also have yet to see any proof the Pulse Beam would even take Walter out.

Right, that's in character for him to use it here? haha come on now.

Everything I stated are feats Extremis Tony has done on the fly. But as per my original response Sas most probably wins if Tony isn't on his A Game.

And why won't sonics work on Sas? When they worked on Juggs?

-K-M-
and doesn't do it in a fight, so not in character.

Walter can turn into Tanaraq but do you see me saying he does it here?

the ninjak
Agreed.

Then Tony still has the processing vision advantage, and range attacks from above. Which agreed won't put Sas down.

But how does Sas hit Tony if he's flying around him, blasting and seeing him from many different angles?

Extremis Ironman was notorious for having possible opponents in his databanks and using said knowledge to dance around them.

JayDaDon
I'd say tony wins more often than not. I give more credit to his brains than anything. There is also the fact that he has the option of hitting the skies.

-K-M-
So the old hide and go seek tactic eh? Once again not in character, but seems like people don't care I suppose.

I haven't seen any evidence his firepower being enough to even take Walter out.
====
Walter is a genius himself

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j165/A_Flight10/ChaosWar5004.jpg

Tony Stark
Originally posted by juggernaut74

What can't he do...?

Let's just run with controlling a couple hundred of his suits to attack him at once. There are thousands of other possibilities but, that one will work. With no damage to himself.

DarkSaint85
He's done this in character before?

JayDaDon
So the old hide and go seek tactic eh? Once again not in character, but seems like people don't care I suppose.

I haven't seen any evidence his firepower being enough to even take Walter out.
====
Walter is a genius himself

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j165/A_Flight10/ChaosWar5004.jpg

I'm currently reading through Iron man volume 4 again, so the way he fights is fresh in my mind. It's not in character for him to just rush his enemy. Especially if he knows what they're capable of. He mixes things up. That's what he does. He's not predictable in how he fights at all. You never know how he's gonna finish a fight, it's in character for him to explore every option he has to get the win, most times on the fly.

-K-M-
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
He's done this in character before?

No, but Ive given up. So I will follow suit....

Sasquatch goes Tanaraq...he stomps

Originally posted by JayDaDon
I'm currently reading through Iron man volume 4 again, so the way he fights is fresh in my mind. It's not in character for him to just rush his enemy. Especially if he knows what they're capable of. He mixes things up. That's what he does. He's not predictable in how he fights at all. You never know how he's gonna finish a fight, it's in character for him to explore every option he has to get the win, most times on the fly.

Ive read it as well and he fought basically all his fights close up and personal. He didn't fight from miles and miles away.

JayDaDon
Alot of the guys he fought he'd use repulsor rays, pulse bolts or when he had to, he used his energy sword. Most of the guys he went up close with didn't end up winning. If one strategy isn't working he immediately goes to the next. That's something consistent with his character. Also, wouldn't sasquatch be in the extremis files?

-K-M-
Yeah he still fought up close and personal meaning THAT'S in character for him. Once again still nop evidence his tech would put Walter down.

No, why would he? Not even Alpha Flight have all the details on Sasquatch, not even Walter himself knows.

Sasquatch goes into Tanaraq mode...he wins.

JayDaDon
Going up close is ONE fight option he uses. Usually when it's a fight he can easily win hand to hand. If it's against someone like the sasquatch, he's gonna be smarter than that.

-K-M-
Except no evidence to say how he COULD win, and again Walter is a genius himself. FYI, Walter actually commanded the BOX armor which is aikin to the Iron Man armor so he is experienced with tech armor.

Sasquatch now goes Tanaraq and wins. See what I did there?

JayDaDon
Let me ask you this question then, is the tanaraq in character for him to transform into? Is it an option the sasquatch normally utilizes? Honest question.

-K-M-
Originally posted by JayDaDon
Let me ask you this question then, is the tanaraq in character for him to transform into? Is it an option the sasquatch normally utilizes? Honest question.

Yes and yes. However, I dislike using it in battles. He fights not to lose control to Tanaraq, but the more pain or rage he experiences the more he loses control. He doesn't have a choice.

Regardless I haven't seen anything that Iron Man could take base Walter.

JakeTheBank
http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/12/123120/2496890-im__ext__asorbing_cities_power_for_his_suit_super.jpg ?

-K-M-
Mangog was hardly impressive in the story, far far far cry from his Silver Age days. Nor is that likely he would even do that here

JakeTheBank
He still required Thor, Kid Thunderstrike, and the other Avengers arriving on the scene to beat him. And him not being at Silver Age levels doesn't mean Mangog wasn't at least High Herald level.

Personally, I think a Unibeam charged by the city would do some damage.

What about this?

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/12/123120/2492798-im__ext__vs_red_hulk_1_super.jpg

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/12/123120/2492799-im__ext__vs_red_hulk_2.jpg

-K-M-
Right, but he needed help and not a tactic he would use here nor did that attack beat him.

And did that KO Hulk?

JakeTheBank
Why wouldn't Iron Man tap into greater power sources to beat a foe he couldn't normally, though? Especially when he's done it before?

And for the record, I'd put even the watered down Mangog above Sasquatch, so Mangog not being beaten by a city amped Unibeam doesn't mean Sasquatch wouldn't be.

-K-M-
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Why wouldn't Iron Man tap into greater power sources to beat a foe he couldn't normally, though? Especially when he's done it before?

And for the record, I'd put even the watered down Mangog above Sasquatch, so Mangog not being beaten by a city amped Unibeam doesn't mean Sasquatch wouldn't be.

Because he doesn't do it enough to say that's in character for him to do it is the big reason. Why doesn't Walter tap into Tanaraq for a greater power source too?

I would too, but I also don't see IM using it here (nor was that Extremis). If Walter goes Tanaraq mode who knows what his powerlevel would be.

Mindset
Doesn't Tanaraq take over Walter?

-K-M-
Some times yes, some times no. As in Omega Flight he was casting illusions making Walter see friends as foes, while he was taking a backseat.

http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t105/DC_CaptainComet/OmegaFlight_5_0011.jpg

ODG
Because he doesn't do it enough to say that's in character for him to do it is the big reason. Why doesn't Walter tap into Tanaraq for a greater power source too?

I would too, but I also don't see IM using it here (nor was that Extremis). If Walter goes Tanaraq mode who knows what his powerlevel would be. Valid argument that would normally work except Tony taps into external power sources often throughout his career. That and his ingenuity was his saving grace when stacked against greater odds and more powerful foes like the Surfer and Thor, etc.

Iron Man doesn't risk losing his humanity or soul by harnessing extra power. Your attempted analogy is clumsy and inaccurate. Walter goes Tanaraq willingly even less (maybe never?) than Tony burns his armor out utterly to its max capacity. Which in itself is rarer than him harnessing outside power sources, the current issue.

-K-M-
Originally posted by ODG
Valid argument that would normally work except Tony taps into external power sources often throughout his career. That and his ingenuity was his saving grace when stacked against greater odds and more powerful foes like the Surfer and Thor, etc.

Iron Man doesn't risk losing his humanity or soul by harnessing extra power. Your attempted analogy is clumsy and inaccurate. Walter goes Tanaraq willingly even less (maybe never?) than Tony burns his armor out utterly to its max capacity. Which in itself is rarer than him harnessing outside power sources, the current issue.

Ok show me these countless times he does that in battle then (nevermind just extremis which this thread is). So every battle thread he will tap into it then? To say he does it a majority of the time is inaccurate.

He doesn't have a choice, and inaccurate? That's actually stated in the comics and do I think he will do it here? No, but I don't think Tony is going to tap into the grid to fight Sasquatch. The Tanaraq thing was used because the Iron Man supporters are using things NOT in character. Where did I say he burns out his energy again? Even SNowbird lost control to Tanaraq twice when she took Sasquatch's form.

ODG
Ok show me these countless times he does that in battle then (nevermind just extremis which this thread is). So every battle thread he will tap into it then? To say he does it a majority of the time is inaccurate.

He doesn't have a choice, and inaccurate? That's actually stated in the comics and do I think he will do it here? No, but I don't think Tony is going to tap into the grid to fight Sasquatch. The Tanaraq thing was used because the Iron Man supporters are using things NOT in character. Where did I say he burns out his energy again? Even SNowbird lost control to Tanaraq twice when she took Sasquatch's form. Your request for "countless times" is rather puerile. Surfer's amping/energy manipulation merits consideration in every thread he's in and for good reason. People dont demand countless instances for it to merit conversation. Iron Man's done it dozens of times. In prep and especially in the direct heat of battle. From throwing Surfer's power back at him, to amping off a mind-controlled Thor's lightning, to amping off Human Torch's flames, etc. At no time have I suggested that he will do it in every battle thread or in the majority of his battles. My statement was rather clear: trying to pretend that doing so wouldnt be in character for him or that it'd be be in any way comparable to Walter invoking Tanaraq's power was inaccurate at best, clumsy at worst.

On second thought, it was rather stupid to be more blunt. And in my opinion, Tnaraq has less right to be involved in Sasquatch threads than Void does in Sentry threads. Theyre different characters. And if we were taking the "in character" stipulation in any way seriously, talking about a different character is rather counter-intuitive, if not blatantly absent-minded. But thats a different argument than the issue youre having with Iron Man, despite your inelegant attempts to analogize the two.

-K-M-
Interesting so every battle using your logic he has the capability of doing that? Ill remember that the next Iron Man thread I see as your acting like it's standard yet somehow dismiss Tanaraq's amp? Incorrect, Tanaraq and Sasquatch are the same character and he has taken over Walter and Snowbird more times then Iron Man has tapped into the grid. Even Omega Flight Walter was still in control, but Tanaraq created illusions to make everyone seem like enemies and in early apperances of Alpha Flight he would go into bestial rages but wouldn't fully turn into Tanaraq. I notice you still didn't provide these examples to even show he would do it here. The fact is people assumed Iron Man would tap into the grid for this fight is more laughable, hence why the Tanaraq comparison came up. Walter is always in fear of losing control, it's very much part of his character and at times held back in battle due to fear of letting go and losing control. Even the handbooks mention Walter can draw more power from Tanaraq unintentionally without transforming into him. Walter and Tanaraq's struggle is very much in character, yet somehow your trying to dismiss it? haha ok? As I have said will he use it here? No, the same way IM wouldn't tap into the grid to fight.

So in short Iron Man can tap into an external power, while Walter can;t even though Walter has done it more. Swing and a miss, and Walter/Snowbird has been taken over more by Tanaraq then Sentry has gone full Void.

ODG
^ As I'm sure you share, I've grown tired of your arguments here. I find them to be completely myopic and frankly laughable. Iron Man using external power to amp isn't standard. But i never argued it was. I argued that it was in-character, and it is. Off the top of my head again, Living Laser, Terrax, Destroyer Diablo, Magneto, Mangog, and he's done it together wirh Thor and Human Torch both offensively and in teamwork both. So your blatant mischaractwrization that it wasnt in-character (your argument) just a classic case of you being utterly misinformed. But whatever, not the first time ive been so ineptly straw-manned.

As for Walter and Tanaraq, I could presa this argument further and am even confident enough to have a mod rule on this matter. Sasquatch and Tanaraq are as distinct as Ghost Rider/Zarathos as Sentry/Voidas J'onn/Fernus as Kyle/Oblivion as Savage Hulk/WWH as Adam Warlock/Adam Magus are. And ot's really obvious. Like retardly obvious. But there isnt enough butthurt to justify having a mod get involved unlike the Superman/Thor butthurt that got Sentry and Void gentrified per forum ruling. Nobody gives a sh1t enough about Sasquatch, frankly.

But I understand you cant argue for Sasquatch without reaching for Tanaraq every chance you get. Its patently obvious that Sasquatch isnt a good enough character on his own to discuss for you. Just stop assuming it's the same for the rest of us. You might need your Tanaraq security blanket, but most of us do not. And the last thing we need is you acting like Iron Man acting in-character somehow reverse-justifies you invoking your Tanaraq security blanket.

Iron Man vs SASQUATCH in-character. Thats the thread. Think about it.

yaadaveyaa
Originally posted by ODG
^ As I'm sure you share, I've grown tired of your arguments here. I find them to be completely myopic and frankly laughable. Iron Man using external power to amp isn't standard. But i never argued it was. I argued that it was in-character, and it is. Off the top of my head again, Living Laser, Terrax, Destroyer Diablo, Magneto, Mangog, and he's done it together wirh Thor and Human Torch both offensively and in teamwork both. So your blatant mischaractwrization that it wasnt in-character (your argument) just a classic case of you being utterly misinformed. But whatever, not the first time ive been so ineptly straw-manned.

As for Walter and Tanaraq, I could presa this argument further and am even confident enough to have a mod rule on this matter. Sasquatch and Tanaraq are as distinct as Ghost Rider/Zarathos as Sentry/Voidas J'onn/Fernus as Kyle/Oblivion as Savage Hulk/WWH as Adam Warlock/Adam Magus are. And ot's really obvious. Like retardly obvious. But there isnt enough butthurt to justify having a mod get involved unlike the Superman/Thor butthurt that got Sentry and Void gentrified per forum ruling. Nobody gives a sh1t enough about Sasquatch, frankly.

But I understand you cant argue for Sasquatch without reaching for Tanaraq every chance you get. Its patently obvious that Sasquatch isnt a good enough character on his own to discuss for you. Just stop assuming it's the same for the rest of us. You might need your Tanaraq security blanket, but most of us do not. And the last thing we need is you acting like Iron Man acting in-character somehow reverse-justifies you invoking your Tanaraq security blanket.

Iron Man vs SASQUATCH in-character. Thats the thread. Think about it.

agree^

-K-M-
haha what? I said Walter would not go Tanaraq here several times. You clearly seem butt hurt. It came up in the first place as a snarky remark of people saying Iron Man would do things (not even Extremis) that he wouldn't do. No, I said when did Extremis as that's what the battle thread is about, do it? Walter losing control to Tanaraq is in fact in character. If you grown tired stop posting, as your wasting both of our times.

Feel free, but Walter/Sasquatch has been turned far more times then your examples and it even happened recently so swing and a miss again.

Yep, butt hurt. As I have said many many times already he will not turn into Tanaraq here. However, your acting like it's not in character which it is and is constantly referenced and even Snowbird was taken over by Tanaraq 2-3 times when she took Tanaraq's form. That's very much in character. Just because you don't like it doesn't dismiss the fact it happens...often.

Bingo, hence why I have debating in character feats from the start. Clearly I said Tanaraq wasn't a viable option similar to how Iron Man tapping into a grid, yet your acting all butt hurt. Unlike Tony, Walter draws from the power unintentially from an external power not like using tech to hack a system to tap into external source, its always there, but hey...context be damned eh?

My you definetly sound butt-hurt, for someone who claims they don't care you clearly are not showing it. However, I digress as I actually don't care.

Mindset
You obviously want Sasquatch inside you.

-K-M-
Clearly, here's my autobiography

http://www.myconfinedspace.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/Nights-with-Sasquatch-428x700.jpg

Edit: Forgot I already posted this pic

Mindset
You know what's weird, I just bought a Sasquatch costume.

-K-M-
Looks like an innocent female walking in the woods is going to have a bad time

Mindset
Or a very interesting story to tell her grandchildren someday!

It's all perspective.

-K-M-
The family reunions should be interesting at least

http://www.quickmeme.com/meme/3rpbvx/

Mindset
laughing out loud

DarkSaint85
You know what's weird, I just bought a Sasquatch costume.

Stop tempting K-M.

You're asking for trouble, dressed like that.

-K-M-
He had me at....

Pr3sBks5o_8

Chewbacka is the sexist creature known to man...and the butch woman.

Mindset
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Stop tempting K-M.

You're asking for trouble, dressed like that. laughing out loud

-K-M-
If he didn't want to get it he shouldn't have dressed like that. Clearly it's his fault and you can't get pregnant from rape as a recent politican said, so what's the problem?

ODG
haha what? I said Walter would not go Tanaraq here several times. You clearly seem butt hurt. It came up in the first place as a snarky remark of people saying Iron Man would do things (not even Extremis) that he wouldn't do. No, I said when did Extremis as that's what the battle thread is about, do it? Walter losing control to Tanaraq is in fact in character. If you grown tired stop posting, as your wasting both of our times.No, actually, you invoked Tanaraq as an absent-minded analogy to downplay Iron Man's options in clear ignorance of the character and his career. Your ignorance of Iron Man is one thing, trying to compare it to a completely different character's inner demon foibles was a non sequitur of dumbtastic proportions. I mean, I lost patience at the very first sight of it and I don't even care about these characters. That's how bad it was. Originally posted by -K-M-
Feel free, but Walter/Sasquatch has been turned far more times then your examples and it even happened recently so swing and a miss again. It happening was never a point of contention and that wasn't what this argument was about. It was about what these characters do in-character. Turning over their bodies and souls over to demonic forces that are the very antithesis of what they want to be is not something that is in-character to do. Pay attention or don't. Originally posted by -K-M-
Yep, butt hurt. As I have said many many times already he will not turn into Tanaraq here. However, your acting like it's not in character which it is and is constantly referenced and even Snowbird was taken over by Tanaraq 2-3 times when she took Tanaraq's form. That's very much in character. Just because you don't like it doesn't dismiss the fact it happens...often. Sentry turning into Void happens a lot. Ghost Rider turning into Zarathos happens a lot. Hell, WWH turned Worldbreaker like 5 times in the space of as many issues. But that isn't in-character. It's something that they all fight against. And if you weren't so desperate to salvage such an erroneous comparison to begin with, you'd agree without reservation. And that all has absolutely NOTHING to do with Iron Man tapping/amping off energy sources. Originally posted by -K-M-
Bingo, hence why I have debating in character feats from the start. Clearly I said Tanaraq wasn't a viable option similar to how Iron Man tapping into a grid, yet your acting all butt hurt. Unlike Tony, Walter draws from the power unintentially from an external power not like using tech to hack a system to tap into external source, its always there, but hey...context be damned eh?

My you definetly sound butt-hurt, for someone who claims they don't care you clearly are not showing it. However, I digress as I actually don't care. Butt-hurt? Over Sasquatch? That'd be like getting butt-hurt over Puck. Who even cares.

I've got less interest in Sasquatch than I do in you as a poster. Hopefully, that ought to inform you of how little I care. But that's probably exactly the reason why I didn't even bother entertaining such arguments with any sort of patience from the get-go. You don't know much about Iron Man. In fact, you know so little about Iron Man that you thought it fortuitous to bring up your Tanaraq security blanket even in the same breath that you pretend to dismiss it. That's what this is about. And don't try to rationalize your inept analogies by painting me as a perennially bitter Sasquatch-hater. You honestly think you're going to convince anyone that personal vendettas over such obscure and irrelevant characters exist? There's a time to attempt poisoning the well; this isn't one of them.

-K-M-
I didn't bother reading most of it, but apparently using the WWH satalitte gun, using his past Iron Man armor army, and tapping into the grid for an external power source in a standard fight is more acceptable then a snarky remark of going Tanaraq? even though I have said he wouldn't actually do. I said it over and over again he will NOT go Tanaraq, but your still clinging to that for some reason. Also never mind the fact they were using feats of Iron Man that weren't Extremis, but that somehow makes me ignorant of Iron Man? Bwahha priceless.

Also as stated by Marvel even recently Walter losing control to Tanaraq is very much in character. It has been his personality and a key focal point of his story more so then Ghost Rider, Martian Manhunter, etc. and has lost control far far far more then them and it happend recently not a one shot years and years ago. You claim I'm ignorant of Iron Man, but I can see your hate has made you strong with the dark side. Even Blair a huge supporter of Iron Man would not call me ignorant of the character. However, that's the arguement you are clinging to for life so not surprised. Sad.

Yep you still seem butt-hurt, as your clearly replying over something that was merely a snarky remark of people using tactics Iron Man wouldn't use here. You actually care far more about it then me. I look forward to your next pretenious reply thumb up

JayDaDon
Looks like an innocent female walking in the woods is going to have a bad time

Based on the hand gesture she's making, I don't think a bad time is what she was planning. laughing

-K-M-
Ummmm this is awkard, but that's actually me in the Sasquatch's arms...clearly.

guy222
stick out tongue

ODG
I didn't bother reading most of it, I'm not sure I'd want to read a completely withering indictment of my arguments either.Originally posted by -K-M-
but apparently using the WWH satalitte gun, using his past Iron Man armor army, and tapping into the grid for an external power source in a standard fight is more acceptable then a snarky remark of going Tanaraq? even though I have said he wouldn't actually do. I said it over and over again he will NOT go Tanaraq, but your still clinging to that for some reason. Also never mind the fact they were using feats of Iron Man that weren't Extremis, but that somehow makes me ignorant of Iron Man? Bwahha priceless. I don't know who talked about the Cathexis Ray. Not me. Although, that'd be interesting. But, yes, based on Iron Man's extensive career, him tapping the power grid of New York is definitely more defensible than Walter harnessing Tanaraq's power. And I'm not going to retrace the see-sawing you did over that. The only thing I will say is you see-sawed over it. I'd suggest you drop the apologist nonsense as a simple quote will completely tear this facade down: your 7th post on the 3rd page, smart guy. Nice failed attempt job at trying to argue both ways. And here I thought it was only Wolverine fanboys who're kicking and screaming trying to eat their cake and have it too.

And your attempted paring between Iron Man incarnations is equally fruitless. Besides blatantly ignoring the times that Extremis Iron Man tapped into power sources, you seem to be suggesting that there is doubt that Extremis Iron Man could handle tapping into power sources. Don't dig yourself a deeper hole with your ignorance and misinformation over a comic character. Originally posted by -K-M-
Also as stated by Marvel even recently Walter losing control to Tanaraq is very much in character. It has been his personality and a key focal point of his story more so then Ghost Rider, Martian Manhunter, etc. and has lost control far far far more then them and it happend recently not a one shot years and years ago. You claim I'm ignorant of Iron Man, but I can see your hate has made you strong with the dark side. Even Blair a huge supporter of Iron Man would not call me ignorant of the character. However, that's the arguement you are clinging to for life so not surprised. Sad. Don't be so absent-minded. Walter losing control over to Tanaraq is him losing his character. He is figuratively and quite literally losing his character when reverting to Tanaraq. That's not an in-character thing for him to do. It may be a common (even tired) trope he's fallen into, like Thor going into Warriors Madness or Jean going Dark Phoenix-iy back in the day or Hulk going Worldbreaker a year back, but you can't have the audacity to argue that it would be in-character of Walter to do. Don't be so god damned ignorant of the character. We're not talking Tanaraq, we're talking Sasquatch, i.e, Walter Langowski. The same way when it comes to Sentry thread, people don't talk about Void but about Sentry, i.e., Bob Reynolds. Originally posted by -K-M-
Yep you still seem butt-hurt, as your clearly replying over something that was merely a snarky remark of people using tactics Iron Man wouldn't use here. You actually care far more about it then me. I look forward to your next pretenious reply thumb up You know you're desperate when you're reduced to accusing people of being resentful of a comic character like the obscure/irrelevant Sasquatch. And I can't end this dispute on a better note than that.

Thanks for unintentionally punctuating my argument. thumb up

-K-M-
bwaha see-saw? I'm sorry didn't I say he wouldn't go Tanaraq countless times? and commented only said it as a snarky reply but didn't actually mean it. Sure did.

They sure did, so your aruging over a point you didn't even fully read which promoted the snarky Tanaraq reply in the first place? You must just like to rant for no apparent reason and continue to rant

Also no Walter can lose control and gain an amp without fully going Tanaraq, happened recently in Omega Flight and stated in the handbooks he unintentionally draws extra power from Tanaraq. Me thinks you don't know the character. Irony? Also all your examples Walter has done more and happened recently. Also once again I guess I have to repeat it again....he will NOT transform here. To say it's not in character is false. Without Tanaraq there is no Sasquatch. I have been from the start basing this battle as strictly Walter not Tanaraq and have said it how many times now? A lot.

haha you're the one that said who gives a shit about Sasquatch and even Puck (where did that come from?). Do I think their the most rivoting characters? haha no. Desperate? Hardly. Your own comments suggested that. I digress again as you are clearly more dare I say it? butt-hurt over this.

That's the last of my replies on this subject. Feel free to finish another pretenious thread ignoring the fact I said he would't go Tanaraq countless times. I know you need the last word, so have at it.

Edit: My post on the 3rd page? You mean my joke about him going Tanaraq was after the fact someone said Iron Man would use his iron man army or the WWH satelite? All of the stuff has been done, but will either be used here? No. Which I have repeated many times. Not sure what the gotcha-attempt was supposed to prove? Even the post befoe the joke was "Walter can turn into Tanaraq but do you see me saying he does it here?" and right under it "Yes and yes. However, I dislike using it in battles. He fights not to lose control to Tanaraq, but the more pain or rage he experiences the more he loses control. He doesn't have a choice"

ODG
bwaha see-saw? I'm sorry didn't I say he wouldn't go Tanaraq countless times? and commented only said it as a snarky reply but didn't actually mean it. Sure did. Look at this guy trying to act like he didn't outright state Walter going Tanaraq was in-character at the same time he was dismissing it on page 3 of this thread:

JayDaDon : Let me ask you this question then, is the tanaraq in character for him to transform into? Is it an option the sasquatch normally utilizes? Honest question.

-K-M- : Yes and yes. Originally posted by -K-M-
They sure did, so your aruging over a point you didn't even fully read which promoted the snarky Tanaraq reply in the first place? You must just like to rant for no apparent reason and continue to rant I argued over you suggesting that Iron Man tapping into power sources was out of character as much as Walter tapping Tanaraq was. Pay attention, you twit. That you brought up the Cathexis Ray, something that doesn't even enter into the equation of my initial rebuttal, is just a desperately retarded straw-man on your part. I like how you tried to paint this exchange as me failing to closely follow the lines of our argument though.

kinda Originally posted by -K-M-
Also no Walter can lose control and gain an amp without fully going Tanaraq, happened recently in Omega Flight and stated in the handbooks he unintentionally draws extra power from Tanaraq. Me thinks you don't know the character. Irony? Also all your examples Walter has done more and happened recently. Also once again I guess I have to repeat it again....he will NOT transform here. To say it's not in character is false. Without Tanaraq there is no Sasquatch. I have been from the start basing this battle as strictly Walter not Tanaraq and have said it how many times now? A lot. Walter turning into Tanaraq is a tired comic book trope shared by many characters who have inner demons that threaten to possess/overtake them. That you continue to try to justify bringing up Tanaraq in the same breath that you dismiss its relevance is comedy of the highest order. IF TANARAQ IS NOT IN-CHARACTER, THAN SHUT UP ABOUT IT. Originally posted by -K-M-
haha you're the one that said who gives a shit about Sasquatch and even Puck (where did that come from?). Do I think their the most rivoting characters? haha no. Desperate? Hardly. Your own comments suggested that. I digress again as you are clearly more dare I say it? butt-hurt over this.

That's the last of my replies on this subject. Feel free to finish another pretenious thread ignoring the fact I said he would't go Tanaraq countless times. I know you need the last word, so have at it.

Edit: My post on the 3rd page? You mean my joke about him going Tanaraq was after the fact someone said Iron Man would use his iron man army or the WWH satelite? All of the stuff has been done, but will either be used here? No. Which I have repeated many times. Not sure what the gotcha-attempt was supposed to prove? Even the post befoe the joke was "Walter can turn into Tanaraq but do you see me saying he does it here?" and right under it "Yes and yes. However, I dislike using it in battles. He fights not to lose control to Tanaraq, but the more pain or rage he experiences the more he loses control. He doesn't have a choice" The only tenuous argument you have here is that Iron Man tapping into power sources is so far out of character, it's on equal footing as Walter invoking Tanaraq. That you tried to straw-man and deflect from this unsupported and ignorant notion only belies your sudden realization that you were talking out your a$$ the entire time about Iron Man.

Make the argument or don't. Your Tanaraq security blanket is not in-character. Something you stated several times (almost as often as you kept trying to invoke/justify it). If you want to argue that Iron Man tapping power sources is even less in-character, or equally as non-characteristic, than Walter giving into Tanaraq's demonic power then make the argument.

But as we've consistently seen, you don't... and you won't. As anybody with even a lick of sense and some background on Iron Man would see that as a complete loser. Even without any background information, common sense should have informed you: smartly tapping into neutral and ready power sources vs. self-damningly giving your mind/soul over to demonic force? What exactly would be more in-character, smart guy?

But common sense has failed you in this regard. More's the pity.

-K-M-
Sigh! Didn't want to reply, but since you are trying to use a direct quote from me to "catch me". The "Yes and yes" quote is me replying is it in character for Sasquatch to turn into Tanaraq and I said yes (which it is). and said even before that and after that quote he wouldn't go Tanaraq here. Hence the snarky Tanaraq remark came up after people saying IM would use the WWH satelite, tech that Extreme didn't have, iron man drone army and when another member even asked is that even in character for Iron Man to use here. Before and after that quote I said he wouldn't transform here...many times. Soooo point?

Also you didn't disapoint with the pretenious post and still ignored what I was saying. Bravo

.....sad last word post that will construde what I was saying due to come.

ODG
Sigh! Didn't want to reply, but since you are trying to use a direct quote from me to "catch me". The "Yes and yes" quote is me replying is it in character for Sasquatch to turn into Tanaraq and I said yes (which it is). I agree with you, here. You did, in fact, try to justify Walter invoking Tanaraq as in-character. thumb up Originally posted by -K-M-
and said even before that and after that quote he wouldn't go Tanaraq here. Hence the snarky Tanaraq remark came up after people saying IM would use the WWH satelite, tech that Extreme didn't have, iron man drone army and when another member even asked is that even in character for Iron Man to use here. Before and after that quote I said he wouldn't transform here...many times. Soooo point? Point is, you brought up Cathexis ray... and now Iron drone army, etc.,... in a conversation between you and me that focused only on Iron Man tapping external power sources. Pay attention, or don't. Originally posted by -K-M-
Also you didn't disapoint with the pretenious post and still ignored what I was saying. Bravo You confuse pretentiousness with impatience. I've a right to derogate absent-minded arguments like everybody else on the internet. The derogation being sharp and pointed is something you'll just have to get over. Start by informing yourself about the characters involved. Originally posted by -K-M-
.....sad last word post that will construde what I was saying due to come. Even a moron can predict that I'd deconstruct your feeble attempts to justify your absent-minded post. That's what I've been doing the last few posts, after all. Let me know when you're ready to argue that Iron Man tapping external power sources is as out of character as Walter harnessing Tanaraq which isn't in-character at all as admitted by you... but it actually is in-character cause, y'know, I'm talking out my a$$ at this point about a character I know little about, but whatever.

juggernaut74
Correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't Tanaraq take control of Sasquatch and not the other way around? Because in Omega Flight Walter had to be lured to him so he could take control. Maybe I missed something.

-K-M-
Correct. Walter does not want to lose control and fights it, while Tanaraq constantly tries to take him.

juggernaut74
So Tanaraq isn't powerful enough to take control of his own avatar at will?

-K-M-
There's circumstances with it as he's currently in a magical prison so it's diffucult for him. A lot of times when Tanaraq took control of the host completly the host was killed

Non-canon, but here is Exiles Sasquatch "deal" with Tanaraq
1. http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t105/DC_CaptainComet/Exilesv10572005puar-DCP02.jpg
2. http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t105/DC_CaptainComet/Exilesv10572005puar-DCP03.jpg
3. http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t105/DC_CaptainComet/Exilesv10572005puar-DCP04.jpg

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.