MARVEL's Spider-Family Vs. DC's Bat-Family

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Dark_Dream7Ten

StiltmanFTW
http://i47.tinypic.com/wtsrv6.png

armedforbattle
tl;dr

carver9
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW

Dark_Dream7Ten
Just read, starting at "The Family Line-Ups."

pym-ftw
Kaine solos with ease

StiltmanFTW
Hasn't Kaine been depowered a bit?

Odekahn

pym-ftw
Originally posted by Dark_Dream7Ten

Spider-Family Line-Up:

Peter Parker ("Spider-Man"wink
Jessica Drew
Web-Woman
Mattie "Web-Warrior"wink
Ben Reilly ("Scarlet-Spider"wink
Kaine
Arana
May "Mayday" Parker

Bat-Family Line-Up:

Bruce Wayne
Dick Grayson
Barbara Gordon As "Batgirl"wink
Jason Todd (Red-Hood)
Cassandra Cain "Black-Bat"wink
Tim Drake Red-Robin)
Stephanie Brown (Spoiler)
Damian Wayne ("Robin"wink
Huntress

Edited Op
Don't make me do it again
miffed

pym-ftw
Hasn't Kaine been depowered a bit?
Yeah but he's still >Spiderman

JakeTheBank
Spiders run a train.

abhilegend
Originally posted by armedforbattle
tl;dr

Sixth_Winged
This is simply for frivolous fun, to feed famished imaginations, and it should NOT be taken THAT seriously (unless, of course, you ARE Spider-Man, Batman, or one of their affiliates XD.) Please note, that I have ..................*zzzzz*

zzzzz
zzzzz

zzzzz
zzzzz

zzz...So, Who Wins...?

Sorry sir fell asleep.

JayDaDon

haermm

8swords
change anya with Black tarantula

Gecko4lif

Dark_Dream7Ten
Originally posted by pym-ftw
Yeah but he's still >Spiderman

Kaine is stronger than Spidey, yes, but greater? I don't think so. In their first encounter, Kain kicked his ass, yes. But, then again, remember Carnage's first encounter with Pete? Spidey needed Venom's help to just BEGIN to subdue Carnage. NOW, at the current point in his life/training/experience, Pete could take Venom AND carnage, together (yeah, he'd be tired/bruised/beaten as hell afterwards, but he could still do it). Don't forget that the adult Spider-man is a VERY formidable foe, and in all actuality his intellect, and quick-thinking, rival anyone in the Bat-Family (or could). So, while Kaine is physically superior to Spidey, I still think that the latest, current, Peter Parker can kick his ass (and crack a few jokes while doing it).

Dark_Dream7Ten
Edited Op
Don't make me do it again
miffed

Sorry, dude. I didn't mean to make you do that. I would've done it, when I got back to my computer later (right now, actually).

Thanks, anyways, though.

Dark_Dream7Ten
Originally posted by 8swords

...But, Black Tarantula isn't really a member of the "Family..." If I did that, then I'd have to include characters like "The Reaper," in the Bat-Family. I have only let heroes/blood-relatives/proteges be allowed/included in these family line-ups, so that it remains fair, and relatively equal. Also, the character dynamics are supposed to be somewhat the same.

Dark_Dream7Ten
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Spiders run a train.

Any specific match-ups? Or is it all just a huge brawl, where the bats go blind, and the spiders devour them?

Also, LOL, a train? Damn, Bats is beating ALL of his "kids," after that loss, then.

Mindset
http://i47.tinypic.com/wtsrv6.png laughing out loud

pym-ftw
why?

@Dark Dream

Kaine is also faster and more than willing to kill

BTW spoiler and barbra suck ass, hell steph failed bat training

I think even peter and Ben could solo if team bats goes in blind

Dark_Dream7Ten
why?

@Dark Dream

Steph failed Bat-Training, because Bruce didn't want her to pass. Her "death," symbolized her willingness to sacrifice herself for her morals/mistakes (and Bruce's terrible image as a mentor/father-figure; he didn't even try to save her). After that, Barbara, Cass, and Dinah trained her, and she broke herself so many times over that, when she "rebuilt" herself, she was able to fight evenly with DeathStroke and Lady Shiva (not beat LS, though, but still).

I am CALLING Steph "Spoiler," here, but that is only to differentiate her from the others girls in the Bat-Fam (Batgirl, Black-Bat," Etc....). Here, she HAS completed any and all training that she was offered... ...And, thus, she does not "suck," here.

...Also, Barbara sucks ass? She was in a wheelchair, and she still beat the best assassin (called so, by Bruce Wayne, AND Oliver Queen themselves), in the entire DC-MultiVerse. While, also in the fight with Jade, Barbara also beat down a corrupted, and mind-controlled Kara/SuperGirl (WITHOUT Kryptonite!), and she did so using her BRAINS, OVER their brawn. ...Also, while in a wheelchair, Babs could still smack-down half of the females in the DC-MultiVerse. Got that picture? Good, now imagine her with working legs. I doubt that she would "suck," that much.

...And, yes, Kaine is faster, and WAY more willing to kill, but that is why Spidey is better. It takes WAY more skill/strength, to win a fight (especially with an opponent like Kaine), without killing him/her. Plus, Pete's experience and metal capacities, and intelligence outranks any physical attributes that Kaine may have the advantage in. Hey, Spidey fought Ghost Rider and won. He fought Logan Howlett, and tied (lol, those two can never agree). He fought an army of symbiotes, and won. He fought "himself," on more-than-one occasion, and he won. I doubt that Kaine could beat him, in the current time-period...

...Personally, I see a pretty even fight, except with whoever has to fight Kaine ( I agree that Kaine would obliterate) (unless its Jason, because that is so damn crazy, that the only to stop him IS to kill him, which isn't so easy...)

Sixth_Winged
lol no

This is not in anyway even. You got 4 people with danger sense, one with arguably one of comics best clairvoyant and almost all greater than class 5 strength, superior agility, mobility and durability.

That's not counting the range attacks, the pheromones and a member who is willing to commit murder.

Dark_Dream7Ten
IF (BIG IF), they DID go in to one-on-ones, then I think that match-ups might suit the following fights:

Bruce Vs. Pete.

Dick Vs. Ben.

Babs Vs. Jess.

Helena Vs. Mattie.

Cass Vs. Julia.

Damian Vs. Mayday

Jason Vs. Kaine

Tim Vs. Anya

...With MY, Personal, Probable Victories, Being:

Not Sure. (Deciding Fight). (Pete Has His Web-Synthesizers, And Bruce Has FULL Utility Belt).

Dick.

Jess.

Helena.

Cass.

Mayday.

Kaine.

Anya.

...Idk, though, about Ben and Dick (I mean, Dick can do A LOT; he has done MORE than his father, and he IS the only man that match-up to Bruce, mentally, and physically, but, Idk because Ben has had more training than Pete EVER has...And, plus he DID die, so he does more "worldly" experience, lol; I'm still giving it to Dick, though, but it's a close one).

pym-ftw
Barbra and Steph together couldn't beat anyone single person on team spider in a two on one...

Being willing to kill makes winning fights easier...nothing you posted really helps your spidey > Kaine cause... There are solid arguments for Pete over Kaine though...

All of team spider have super powers, kaine is physically strong enough to kill in a single super speed punch...

Dark_Dream7Ten
Originally posted by Sixth_Winged
lol no

This is not in anyway even. You got 4 people with danger sense, one with arguably one of comics best clairvoyant and almost all greater than class 5 strength, superior agility, mobility and durability.

That's not counting the range attacks, the pheromones and a member who is willing to commit murder.

This true. But, you are seriously discounting the Bats.

Each member has beaten superhumans, meta-humans, aliens, and/or, demons MUCH stronger than any Spider, and also, even without their utility belts, they still have their greatest deadliest weapons at their disposal (their minds). Plus, TWO of the Bat-Family members CAN, AND DO commit murder, and/or kill/have-killed (Jason and Cass), so, Kaine's murderous streak is discounted there...

Dark_Dream7Ten
Barbra and Steph together couldn't beat anyone single person on team spider in a two on one...

Being willing to kill makes winning fights easier...nothing you posted really helps your spidey > Kaine cause... There are solid arguments for Pete over Kaine though...

All of team spider have super powers, kaine is physically strong enough to kill in a single super speed punch...

I doubt that comment about Barbara/Steph, but that is your opinion, and this poll IS interested in your opinion, so I respect it, and give you credit for a valid theory. (Personally, two girls that kick the crap out of Kryptonians shouldn't be discounted, IMO, but it is your opinion...)

However, I will not relent on the Spidey > Kaine cause. I understand that being able/wanting-to kill makes winning a fight easier, but I am saying that because Pete doesn't kill, and STILL wins, even against people like Kaine, it makes him a better/more-skilled combatant. ...Thus, he would take Kaine. (IMO).

Sixth_Winged
This true. But, you are seriously discounting the Bats.

Each member has beaten superhumans, meta-humans, aliens, and/or, demons MUCH stronger than any Spider, and also, even without their utility belts, they still have their greatest deadliest weapons at their disposal (their minds). Plus, TWO of the Bat-Family members CAN, AND DO commit murder, and/or kill/have-killed (Jason and Cass), so, Kaine's murderous streak is discounted there...

2 peak human willing-to-kill streetlevellers =/= 1 superhuman willing-to-kill hero with class 10+, superior agility, mobility, range attacks and durability that has danger sense.

Not everyone in the Bat family is as proficient as batman in using their equipment. While smoke attacks and tazers can come in handy, they can't deal with these much superhumans at once in an open field.

Minds can't help you much when it turns into mush in split seconds.

Dark_Dream7Ten
Originally posted by Sixth_Winged
2 peak human willing-to-kill streetlevellers =/= 1 superhuman willing-to-kill hero with class 10+, superior agility, mobility, range attacks and durability that has danger sense.

Not everyone in the Bat family is as proficient as batman in using their equipment. While smoke attacks and tazers can come in handy, they can't deal with these much superhumans at once in an open field.

Minds can't help you much when it turns into mush in split seconds.

Now, this is a valid argument, and I give it to you. This is why, in my list of fights/victories above, I gave the fight between Jason/Kaine, to Kaine.

So, I suppose that you give the total victory to the Spiders, as well, then?

I'm still undecided (it depends on who wins in the fight between Pete and Bruce above; look at my list/post above for more elaboration). (Those two are still fighting-it-out in my head).

pym-ftw
How does Bruce compete with a faster opponent who can be tricked?

8swords
why?

@Dark Dream

why? he's a badass,
I agree with pym, the fact that kaine is willing to kill gives him an edge over spidey,

Dark_Dream7Ten
why? he's a badass,
I agree with pym, the fact that kaine is willing to kill gives him an edge over spidey,

Yes, he is badass, but as I mentioned in an earlier post, he is not technically part of "The Spider-Family." That would be like considering "The Reaper," a part of "The Bat-Family."

...Also, yes, Kaine being willing to kill makes it EASIER for him to WIN a fight, but because Spidey does NOT kill, and he STILL WINS, against opponents, LIKE Kaine (sometimes far stronger, smarter, and swifter than Kaine), it makes him a far better combatant than Kaine, overall, and it means that he has more SKILL and EXPERIENCE, meaning that whatever PHYSICAL attributes that Kaine has over Spidey, would be cancelled-out, by the MANY MENTAL/EXPERIENCE attributes that Spidey has OVER Kaine...thus, Pete > Kaine...

Dark_Dream7Ten
How does Bruce compete with a faster opponent who can be tricked?

Bruce beat Professor Zoom, and Reverse Flash... ...And, that was when they had access to the FULL Speed-Force, in the DC MultiVerse (they were able to move-at, and sometimes ABOVE the speed of LIGHT...and, they had ANY AND ALL of the other abilities of the average super-speedster ).

Bruce's intellect has no limits, and while Peter's mind is VERY ADVANCED, I would venture to say that Bruce has him beat there. Peter has MUCH better reflexes, and he is wittier, and and better and "quick thinking," but Bruce is a MUCH better strategist, and he HAS beaten VERY FAST/STRONG enemies (Superman, once WITHOUT Kryptonite).

...And Peter beat demons, aliens, and SUPER-STRONG Mutants, also with MOSTLY MENTAL strategies, and his speed, strength, and skill should NOT be taken lightly... ...So, yeah, I'd say that it is actually a pretty tough fight to call...

...I assume, though, that seeing as this is the only fight that you called me on, that you agree with my seven OTHER fight match-ups/victories, as I have listed them in one of the posts above, right?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.