Connor vs Wolf

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

SSJVegeta
Connor MacLeod

VS

Wolf Predator

They are fighting to the death in a car park filled with cars. They know nothing of each other prior to the fight. Nobody will intervene. Connor MacLeod is at his standard level of skill and power, he does not have The Prize, and he is armed only with his katana. Wolf Predator is armed only with his two sets of wrist-blades, he has no other weapons or armor.

the ninjak
Are you thinking of Duncan MacLeod?

FrothByte
Wolf wins!

the ninjak
This fight sucks monkey balls.

Betterman
Why would he be thinking of Duncan? Connor is better.

Warakia
It depends on what version of Connor this is...

Connor from Highlander prior to he wins the Prize? Debatable..

Connor from Highlander after he wins the Prize? Connor is Mortal in this state but is Debatable...

Connor from Highlander to Highlander III? More than likely, Wolf would win.

Connor from Highlander: The Series to Endgame? Wolf wins by default as Connor cannot stand being Immortal anymore and just wants to die.

Betterman
Doesn't Connor have some magical abilities? I'm pretty sure I remember seeing that in one of the films-- the third, I believe.

Warakia
Originally posted by Betterman
Doesn't Connor have some magical abilities? I'm pretty sure I remember seeing that in one of the films-- the third, I believe.

The Highlander franchise is a continuity mess.. And it's general fan consensus, and even writer David Abromowitz said that the Highlander films, namely Highlander to Highlander III, is a separate universe from Highlander the Series...

Also, Highlander to Highlander II: The Quickening can be seen as an alternate universe..

But no, Connor doesn't have magical abilities aside from Quickening control, which is similar to Qi control. You're thinking Nakano and Kane from Highlander III, who has Illusion powers.

SSJVegeta
Originally posted by the ninjak
Are you thinking of Duncan MacLeod?
Are you stupid or are you a troll?

Originally posted by FrothByte
Wolf wins!
Care to state why?

Do you think Connor wins, then?

Originally posted by Warakia
It depends on what version of Connor this is...
The original film version, prior to having the Prize, as I said.

Warakia
Originally posted by SSJVegeta
The original film version, prior to having the Prize, as I said.
Considering that this version of Connor is strictly the original.... He has a decent chance against Wolf, but physically speaking-- Wolf pretty much outclasses him in every physical way. Of course, Connor has the skill to deal with Wolf-- but Wolf essentially has the better weapons, and has for the most part dealt with humans before in the past, as seen in his trophy room in AvP-R. Also, Wolf has dealt with more unusual opponents than Connor has-- namely the Xenomorphs, which for the most part are somewhat a bit more dangerous than Immortals.

This is a close one, Connor has the skills and he has the experience to match up with Wolf... But eventually, Wolf is going to wear Connor down and more than likely deal in some deadlier blows. By the time Connor essentially is bled out, or if he has been dealt a fatal blow which will temporarily kill him... Wolf more than likely will aim to chop his head off while Connor is down.

Wolf will have some nasty cuts from the right and even new scars to tell how he had gotten them, but he's going to be essentially doing this to Connor:

CjWVWLTAHaU

the ninjak

Duncan killed Connor. And Duncan ended up with speed abilities.Originally posted by SSJVegeta
Are you stupid or are you a troll?

Coming from you, that's priceless. Thanks for the laugh I needed one.
I asked if the OP (you) made a mistake because Connor became mortal after he obtained the prize.

Betterman
Duncan killed Connor. And Duncan ended up with speed abilities.

Conor let Duncan kill him, genius.

the ninjak
Conor let Duncan kill him, genius.

Thanks for the compliment. smile

And yeah he did didn't he. Well considering the oddness of such a fight I asked if the OP meant Duncan because he at least ended up with superhuman feats.

I can't see any reason why this fight won't turn out any differently than the Yakuza vs Predator fight in Predators.

Warakia
I can't see any reason why this fight won't turn out any differently than the Yakuza vs Predator fight in Predators.
Ummm... the Yakuza still died in the end when the BSP had cut his spine. So really, that fight was a draw...

Robtard
Ummm... the Yakuza still died in the end when the BSP had cut his spine. So really, that fight was a draw...

Nope. 8 fingered Yakuza was still standing for a bit after the Predator dropped. That's a forum win.

Ascendancy
Thanks for the compliment. smile

And yeah he did didn't he. Well considering the oddness of such a fight I asked if the OP meant Duncan because he at least ended up with superhuman feats.

My thoughts exactly. Plus Connor can recover from anything but a full decap so I'd say he should take this.

Warakia
Originally posted by Ascendancy
My thoughts exactly. Plus Connor can recover from anything but a full decap so I'd say he should take this.
Here is what people are not counting, which IS a crucial weakness about Highlander Immortals...

Yes, they can recover from many fatal wounds which would outright kill a human being but Immortals TEMPORARILY DIE and THEY ARE EXTREMELY VULNERABLE in this dormant state. As a matter of fact, this is how many Immortals have wound up decapted in their own duels. This is how many Rogue Watchers even have incapaciated and decapted Immortals as well. Also, while their Quickening grants them an accelerated healing factor, depending on the wound, it takes a length of time for them to recover from.

Yes, Connor would be able to recover from his wounds and even death blows which Wolf would be dealing onto him, but by the time Connor's recovering from his dormant state as he's down-- Wolf's going to be removing his spinal column or cutting off his head.

Also, in PREDATORS, Hanzou killed Falconer, who was a Young Blood turned Bad Blood-- Wolf is an experienced Veteran of the Hunt. Killing an inexperienced BSP is nothing worth bragging about. Wolf has more experience than Falconer, and perhaps more skill as well.

Ascendancy
Here is what people are not counting, which IS a crucial weakness about Highlander Immortals...

Yes, they can recover from many fatal wounds which would outright kill a human being but Immortals TEMPORARILY DIE and THEY ARE EXTREMELY VULNERABLE in this dormant state. As a matter of fact, this is how many Immortals have wound up decapted in their own duels. This is how many Rogue Watchers even have incapaciated and decapted Immortals as well. Also, while their Quickening grants them an accelerated healing factor, depending on the wound, it takes a length of time for them to recover from.

Yes, Connor would be able to recover from his wounds and even death blows which Wolf would be dealing onto him, but by the time Connor's recovering from his dormant state as he's down-- Wolf's going to be removing his spinal column or cutting off his head.

Also, in PREDATORS, Hanzou killed Falconer, who was a Young Blood turned Bad Blood-- Wolf is an experienced Veteran of the Hunt. Killing an inexperienced BSP is nothing worth bragging about. Wolf has more experience than Falconer, and perhaps more skill as well.
Just saying that if Connor sheathed the sword in order to take Wolf and they both "die" Connor will still come back. Secondly, while Wolf has more experience than Falconer, Connor has centuries more experience than Hanzou, and is versed in multiple sword styles.

Warakia
Just saying that if Connor sheathed the sword in order to take Wolf and they both "die" Connor will still come back. Secondly, while Wolf has more experience than Falconer, Connor has centuries more experience than Hanzou, and is versed in multiple sword styles.
Another thing about Falconer was that he didn't take Hanzou seriously, as a matter of fact he was toying with him and completely underestimated Hanzou. In other words, Falconer made a big derp on his part. Wolf, who has hunted numerous human beings, and given that the Yautja age slower and more than likely have a longer life span than human beings, is probably aware of what human warriors are more than capable of.

If anything Wolf won't take an opponent like Connor lightly. He's too experienced to make such a rookie mistake like Falconer did with Hanzou.

Yes, Connor MacLeod is definitely more skilled than Hanzou ever could be but considering that this is Connor from the first movie, and only the first movie-- ignoring the sequels and the series spin-off, he has not been trained by Nakano, nor has he had any other teacher aside from Juan Ramirez. Keep in mind, that David Abramowitz, Highlander series writer has mentioned that there are different Highlander universes out there... and one universe is strictly just the first movie, and none of the sequels and spin-offs. So, following the logic that Skadoosh has said this is Connor from the first movie, he's only been trained in the style that Ramirez taught him, which is likely Samurai Kenjutsu as he only had one teacher strictly in the first movie, Ramirez.

But if you want to talk Experience vs Skill, by all means, be my guest-- no pun intended.

Ascendancy
Another thing about Falconer was that he didn't take Hanzou seriously, as a matter of fact he was toying with him and completely underestimated Hanzou. In other words, Falconer made a big derp on his part. Wolf, who has hunted numerous human beings, and given that the Yautja age slower and more than likely have a longer life span than human beings, is probably aware of what human warriors are more than capable of.

If anything Wolf won't take an opponent like Connor lightly. He's too experienced to make such a rookie mistake like Falconer did with Hanzou.

Yes, Connor MacLeod is definitely more skilled than Hanzou ever could be but considering that this is Connor from the first movie, and only the first movie-- ignoring the sequels and the series spin-off, he has not been trained by Nakano, nor has he had any other teacher aside from Juan Ramirez. Keep in mind, that David Abramowitz, Highlander series writer has mentioned that there are different Highlander universes out there... and one universe is strictly just the first movie, and none of the sequels and spin-offs. So, following the logic that Skadoosh has said this is Connor from the first movie, he's only been trained in the style that Ramirez taught him, which is likely Samurai Kenjutsu as he only had one teacher strictly in the first movie, Ramirez.

But if you want to talk Experience vs Skill, by all means, be my guest-- no pun intended.

I'd have to go back and re-watch, but even from the first film I thought Connor was supposed to have trained under swordsmen in different parts of the world on his centuries of travel. If nothing else, he's been involved in many major conflicts, no? He certainly has a little bit of combat experience.

Warakia
I'd have to go back and re-watch, but even from the first film I thought Connor was supposed to have trained under swordsmen in different parts of the world on his centuries of travel. If nothing else, he's been involved in many major conflicts, no? He certainly has a little bit of combat experience.
In the first film, Connor was shown to only have Ramirez as his teacher. However there is a scene where he is fighting an English noble by the name of Basset sometime during the Colonial era of America, mind you Connor was given a rapier and he was drunk-- and he kept on getting stabbed repeatedly by Basset until he gave up from being stabbed so much.

Connor also was in World War II, but he didn't appear to be fighting with American GI's considering he was in civilian attire and likely was running to get the hell out of that war zone.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.