Mangog vs Nimrod

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ozz81
Nimrod at peak vs

1.Current Mangog
2.Classic Mangog

Who wins ?

pym-ftw
Mangog

Mangog

the Darkone
Mangog has a new toilet

JakeTheBank
lol

Mangog.

Starscream M
isnt nimrod unkillable?

Silent Master
Originally posted by Starscream M
isnt nimrod unkillable?

This just in, Starscream M thinks that Nimrod would beat the JLA + JSA + Darkseid.

After all, Isn't Nimrod unkillable?

Silent Master

Starscream M
Originally posted by Silent Master
This just in, Starscream M thinks that Nimrod would beat the JLA + JSA + Darkseid. unkillable doesn't mean he's all powerful no expression

I hope that distinction doesn't fly over your head erm

Silent Master
isnt nimrod unkillable?

unkillable doesn't mean he's all powerful no expression

I hope that distinction doesn't fly over your head erm

LOL!!!

Starscream M
sigh...it did fly over your head.

Silent Master

Then explain the point you were trying to make.

JakeTheBank
facepalm

Starscream M
Then explain the point you were trying to make. it was a question...aimed at how ppl thought mangog beats nimrod.

pym-ftw
You contradicted your own point

Starscream M
Originally posted by pym-ftw
You contradicted your own point no i didnt

pym-ftw

Starscream M
stop trolling dood no expression

pym-ftw
blink

JakeTheBank
stop trolling dood no expression

lmao the irony

TheGodKiller
Mangog wins.

Silent Master
it was a question...aimed at how ppl thought mangog beats nimrod.

This is a lie, as nobody claimed that Mangog would kill Nimrod.

Try again, and this time don't lie.

Darth Jello
Nimrod nearly killed the Juggernaut. How does Mangog stack up in comparison?

TheLordofMurder
I gotta say, I am on the side of Nimrod; how does Mangog keep him down?

Yes, Mangog can beat him down, but Nimrod can reconstruct from powder; not only will he reconstruct, but he'll reconstruct with an adaptation against a 2nd beat down from Mangog...

Nimrod, meanwhile, will eventually scan him for weaknesses and come up with a lethal solution for dealing with him...

So, to those who says Mangog wins, how does he win?

JakeTheBank
@DarthJello: Mangog, even the watered down version, is more powerful and formidable than Juggernaut.

@TheLordofMurder: Aren't you basically applying a no-limits fallacy on Nimrod's behalf? I mean, has Nimrod, on panel, beaten a trans-level to skyfather+ being?

I don't see anything from Nimrod ever that suggests him being a match for Odin, let alone beating him.

TheLordofMurder
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
@TheLordofMurder: Aren't you basically applying a no-limits fallacy on Nimrod's behalf? I mean, has Nimrod, on panel, beaten a trans-level to skyfather+ being?

I don't see anything from Nimrod ever that suggests him being a match for Odin, let alone beating him.

Two points:

1) The limits on Nimrods power have never been established...

We do know that he figured out a way to overcome Wolverines healing factor and kill him, as well as overcome the enchantment of an Elder God and was killing him until the Xmen showed up; this is far beyond what Thor and a few others have done by merely stopping Juggs foward movement or stripping him of his force field...

We also know that he can adapt to myriad assaults, can reconstruct from being beaten into powder, and can scan opponents for weaknesses and come up with lethal solutions for dealing with them...

It has been claimed in this thread that Mangog would outright defeat Nimrod, but in light of what Nimrod can do, I fail to see how Mangog simply wins; physical force alone simply wont do it...

2) Nimrod at his best has ONLY been beaten by BFR...

So unless Mangog has something exotic up his sleave or can BFR Nimrod somehow, I fail to see how Mangog wins...

But please, if you believe Mangog wins here, explain how...

guy222
mangog and its not even close

TheLordofMurder
Originally posted by guy222
mangog and its not even close

Feel free to explain exactly how he wins; no one else here can...

Starscream M
@DarthJello: Mangog, even the watered down version, is more powerful and formidable than Juggernaut.
. i respectfully disagree with that...at least if you're talking about classic juggernaut

yaadaveyaa
mangog owns idc if nimrod cant die mangog still whoops his a$$

guy222
Originally posted by TheLordofMurder
Feel free to explain exactly how he wins; no one else here can...

silver age mangog beats the tar out of nimrod

nimrod isn't odin and won't last long vs the beast

current wins also

more brutal, and more powerful

simple friend

do u think nimrod zaps em like he did juggy, won't happen

ozz81
Didnt Nimrod defeat an Elder God ??

yaadaveyaa
he is actually defeated pretty easily by rogue in comics i forget the exact one but rogue beats him after absorbing colossus and night crawler mangog is freakishly more powerful then all 3 of them and i dont see how nimrod could even scratch something like mangog

ozz81
Originally posted by yaadaveyaa
he is actually defeated pretty easily by rogue in comics i forget the exact one but rogue beats him after absorbing colossus and night crawler mangog is freakishly more powerful then all 3 of them and i dont see how nimrod could even scratch something like mangog

Cool ,but when he got defeated did he reform and become adaptable etc a tad bit like DD can???

yaadaveyaa
no they transported parts of his body to different deminsions lol or something to that effect i think there are limits to this reforming though he cant just sit there get pounded into dust hes still a sentinel while very powerful were talking about pure hate pounding your head in over and over hes prob a little different then say rogue or colossus

tkitna
Yes, Mangog can beat him down, but Nimrod can reconstruct from powder; not only will he reconstruct, but he'll reconstruct with an adaptation against a 2nd beat down from Mangog...

The first beat down is all that really matters in a forum battle anyways, but I still dont see how Nimrod can even harm Mangog let alone beat him.

Mangog for an easy win in my opinion.

Estacado
Mangog.

basilisk
Originally posted by the Darkone
Mangog has a new toilet

Well put.

rotiart
Nimrod wins.

TheLordofMurder
Originally posted by guy222
silver age mangog beats the tar out of nimrod

nimrod isn't odin and won't last long vs the beast

current wins also

more brutal, and more powerful

simple friend

do u think nimrod zaps em like he did juggy, won't happen

Once again, so what if Mangog is more powerful; Nimrod will recover from a physical beating immediately (fully equipped with an adaptation against physical force)...

Physical force isnt enough to put down Nimrod...

As for Nimrod harming Mangog, Nimrod overcame Cytorraks enchantment to a greater degree than anyone else; Nimrod figuring out a lethal solution (or at the very least, a harmful solution) for dealing with Mangog is within reason...

TheLordofMurder
Originally posted by tkitna
The first beat down is all that really matters in a forum battle anyways

Not if a combatant recovers immediately from a beat down...

TheLordofMurder
Originally posted by rotiart
Nimrod wins.

thumb up

Silent Master
thumb up

How does Nimrod win?

TheLordofMurder
Originally posted by ozz81
Cool ,but when he got defeated did he reform and become adaptable etc a tad bit like DD can???

He was BFR'ed while he was reforming; he began to reform immediately after being damaged by the Rogue/Nightcrawler/Colossus all-in-one trio...

TheLordofMurder
How does Nimrod win?

By scanning him for weaknesses and coming up with a way to harm him...

Silent Master
By scanning him for weaknesses and coming up with a way to harm him...

But what does Nimrod actually do to harm Mangog?

TheLordofMurder
But what does Nimrod actually do to harm Mangog?

Only a writer would know that, but what I do know is that Mangog is not invincible; he has weakness and one of Nimrods primary abilities is to find out what weaknesses his opponents possess, reconfigure his internal systems to exploit that weakness, then proceed to kill his victim...

Once again, unless Mangog has some exotic ability up his sleave, he will not be able to defeat Nimrod; punching and kicking him simply wont work...

Silent Master
Only a writer would know that, but what I do know is that Mangog is not invincible; he has weakness and one of Nimrods primary abilities is to find out what weaknesses his opponents possess, reconfigure his internal systems to exploit that weakness, then proceed to kill his victim...

Once again, unless Mangog has some exotic ability up his sleave, he will not be able to defeat Nimrod; punching and kicking him simply wont work...

So, you can't tell me how he'd beat Mangog?

TheLordofMurder
So, you can't tell me how he'd beat Mangog?

I already did; by weakness explotation...this is how Nimrod kills all of its victims.

If you want specifics, he could neutralize the hatred within him for starters...

Once again, finding and exploiting opponent weakness's is precisely what Nimrod was written to do and he does it very well as was seen in his future accomplishments...

Anyway, to recap, all of you that say Mangog wins only can point to physical force as his method of winning, but as history (and more importantly comics) has shown us, physical force wont work as Nimrod will reconstruct from it...

So you guys have no real argument on that point...

After physical force, Mangog has...nothing; nothing at all that will put Nimrod down...no method of BFR'ing him.

Nimrod, on the other hand, has alot going for him in this match up; he can immediately recover from Mangog's alpha assault and recover with an adaptation to that assault to boot...

He can then scan him for weaknesses and figure out how to beat Mangog; its fully possible that Nimrod BFR's Mangog if he cant find a physical solution for dealing with him...

All in all, this is a bad match up for Mangog; Mangog can not win whereas Nimrod can win...

Nimrod 10/10...

Silent Master
How is Nimord going to neutralize the hatred within Mangog?

yaadaveyaa
i think everyone voting for nimrod is missing the point that nimrod has limits to how much he can regenerate he cant be beaten into a pulp over and over his energy will run out and against a skyfather level being like mangog he hammers him once and he goes to dust end of story

TheLordofMurder
How is Nimord going to neutralize the hatred within Mangog?

By using his ability to exploit enemy weakness's; I am not going in this circle with you...

You have no real argument so insist on splitting hairs with me on the points I have made, but comics are on my side in this debate; Nimrod finds what his opponent weaknesses are...this is precisely how he is written to fight...Nimrod is "Deus Ex" like as pertains to this ability.

I used neutralizing the hatred within Mangog as an example, but the possibilities are endless and the real answer is "whatever weakness Nimrod discovers."

So unless you are going to offer a real argument as to how Mangog wins (since you believe he wins and the "beat him down" argument has been debunked), I will happily accept your consession that Nimrod defeats Mangog in this forum fight...

smile

TheLordofMurder
i think everyone voting for nimrod is missing the point that nimrod has limits to how much he can regenerate he cant be beaten into a pulp over and over his energy will run out and against a skyfather level being like mangog he hammers him once and he goes to dust end of story

LoL and completely false...

No point arguing with you though...

yaadaveyaa
not completely false there is no point in arguing an invalid argument of yours you completely correct

Silent Master
By using his ability to exploit enemy weakness's; I am not going in this circle with you...

You have no real argument so insist on splitting hairs with me on the points I have made, but comics are on my side in this debate; Nimrod finds what his opponent weaknesses are...this is precisely how he is written to fight...Nimrod is "Deus Ex" like as pertains to this ability.

I used neutralizing the hatred within Mangog as an example, but the possibilities are endless and the real answer is "whatever weakness Nimrod discovers."

So unless you are going to offer a real argument as to how Mangog wins (since you believe he wins and the "beat him down" argument has been debunked), I will happily accept your consession that Nimrod defeats Mangog in this forum fight...

smile

So, you can't actually prove that Nimrod would be able to neutralize the hatred within Mangog?

TheLordofMurder
I already did; by weakness explotation...this is how Nimrod kills all of its victims.

If you want specifics, he could neutralize the hatred within him for starters...

Once again, finding and exploiting opponent weakness's is precisely what Nimrod was written to do and he does it very well as was seen in his future accomplishments...

Anyway, to recap, all of you that say Mangog wins only can point to physical force as his method of winning, but as history (and more importantly comics) has shown us, physical force wont work as Nimrod will reconstruct from it...

After physical force, Mangog has...nothing; nothing at all that will put Nimrod down...no method of BFR'ing him.

Nimrod, on the other hand, has alot going for him in this match up; he can immediately recover from Mangog's alpha assault and recover with an adaptation to that assault to boot...

He can then scan him for weaknesses and figure out how to beat Mangog; its fully possible that Nimrod BFR's Mangog if he cant find a physical solution for dealing with him...

All in all, this is a bad match up for Mangog; Mangog can not win whereas Nimrod can win...

Nimrod 10/10...

thumb up

Silent Master
That doesn't actually prove that he'd be able to neutralize the hatred within Mangog

TheLordofMurder
So, you can't actually prove that Nimrod would be able to neutralize the hatred within Mangog?

LoL...

Like I said, you have no real argument here; I already demostrated what Nimrods abilities are and how incredibly effective they have shown themselves to be (and maybe it flew over your head that neutralizing the hatred within Mangog was just an example)...

Anyway, Nimrod wins by weakness explotation; Nimrod 10/10...

yaadaveyaa
LoL...

Like I said, you have no real argument here; I already demostrated what Nimrods abilities are and how incredibly effective they have shown themselves to be (and maybe it flew over your head that neutralizing the hatred within Mangog was just an example)...

if it were a regular mutant level your prob right thats how he would win good luck against a god level being who would crush nimrod into duest mangog 10/10

TheLordofMurder

smile

thumb up

yaadaveyaa
thumb up

just bcuz u say it doesn't make it valid or correct? nimrod cant scratch mangog without an act of a stronger being then nimrod he cant win mangog smashes him with phsyical assault until he cant regen himself any more

Silent Master
LoL...

Exactly what proof do you have that Nimord will be able to neutralize the hatred within Mangog?

TheLordofMurder
Nimrod wins via weakness explotation; Nimrod 10/10...

thumb up

TheLordofMurder
@Silent Master

I will not respond any longer to your 1 sentence "argument" with nothing else but Nimrod wins via weakness explotation...

So unless you have something of actual substance to add to this discussion, thats the only reply from me you are getting from this point on...

Silent Master
I'm actually asking you to provide substance, because you've provided zero proof that Nimrod can beat Mangog. you just keep repeating "weakness explotation".

TheLordofMurder

Nimrod 10/10...

thumb up

Silent Master
That post doesn't actually provide any proof.

TheLordofMurder

thumb up

thumb up

Silent Master
Batman wins, because he's Batman

TheLordofMurder
Nimrod wins because its within his ability to defeat Mangog; bad, bad, matchup for Mangog...

Mangog is too one-dimensional to defeat Nimrod...

Silent Master
Nimrod wins because its within his ability to defeat Mangog; bad, bad, matchup for Mangog...

Mangog is too one-dimensional to defeat Nimrod...

What proof do you have that beating Mangog is within his ability?

TheLordofMurder
What proof do you have that beating Mangog is within his ability?

Well Thor defeated Mangog...didnt he?

Nimrod outperformed Thor against Juggs and outperformed him by a large margin might I add...

TheLordofMurder
@Silent Master

Why dont you prove to how Mangog wins?

Silent Master
Well Thor defeated Mangog...didnt he?

Nimrod outperformed Thor against Juggs and outperformed him by a large margin might I add...

Thor beat the Jurgens version of Mangog by firing an anti-force blast down his throat.

Several problems 1) This thread includes Classic mangog, which is more poweful than Jurgens version 2) IIRC, Firing energy down someone's throat isn't a tactic Nimrod has ever used 3) You'd have to prove that Nimrod's energy projection is at least as powerful as Thor's anti-force blast.

JakeTheBank
This thread is a prime example of why applying a no-limits fallacy to characters who "adapt" is horrible.

If/when Nimrod, on panel, adapts to a threat equal to or greater than Odin, I'd be happy to give him the win against Classic Mangog. Until then, it's a horrible leap of faith to assume that he could go to skyfather+ levels based on him hurting Juggernaut.

It's the same problem with people arguing for Doomsday and Fury and other adapt types.

Until then, Nimrod has literally done nothing to suggest he could adapt to that level outside of the fact that he adapts in the general sense. Beating the crap out of Odin and having Odin's powers being useless against him outside of extreme plot device is so far above what Nimrod has actually done it's quite boggling that this thread has gone on for four pages.

abhilegend
Sebastin shaw took nimrod out when his weight was increased by Harry Leland and was falling from orbit. Mangog oneshots him.

yaadaveyaa
This thread is a prime example of why applying a no-limits fallacy to characters who "adapt" is horrible.

If/when Nimrod, on panel, adapts to a threat equal to or greater than Odin, I'd be happy to give him the win against Classic Mangog. Until then, it's a horrible leap of faith to assume that he could go to skyfather+ levels based on him hurting Juggernaut.

It's the same problem with people arguing for Doomsday and Fury and other adapt types.

Until then, Nimrod has literally done nothing to suggest he could adapt to that level outside of the fact that he adapts in the general sense. Beating the crap out of Odin and having Odin's powers being useless against him outside of extreme plot device is so far above what Nimrod has actually done it's quite boggling that this thread has gone on for four pages.

where have u been this whole thread thank u laughing

the Darkone
Classic Mangog Annihilate the tin can, Silver Age Mangog was powerful enough to defeat Classic Odin who was consider the second most powerful being next to Galactus by feats. Mangog rampage through all of Asgard tanking their most powerful weapon the Asgardian Canon, manhandle Thor more than once, and complete owned Odin too the point Odin was afraid of him. Mangog encased Loki is solid amber, one shot frost giants, feeds on hatred and physical and energy making him more powerful. And this was Classic Mangog, who had no weakness!!

Current Mangog De-powered from Sky Father level to High trans, he still was more powerful enough to thrash a whole planet of beings, beat the living crap out of Thor again, it took weapons fused with the Odin Force to defeat him, and the final time was against RKT who killed him with a gesture.

Anybody even thinks that Nimrod has a chance against any version of Mangog is complete idiot, delusional and a fanboy, you cant compare Nimrod defeating Classic Juggernaut which was PIS, as where Mangog defeated Classic Odin and it took PIS too depowered him. They are not in the same league, Mangog will literally murder Nimrod and use him a tooth pick!!

the Darkone
Originally posted by abhilegend
Sebastin shaw took nimrod out when his weight was increased by Harry Leland and was falling from orbit. Mangog oneshots him.

thumb up

And Shaw would have been a rain drop too Classic and Current Mangog, barely even feeling him!!

tkitna
Nimrod uses weakness exploitation to beat Mangog? What is that power? Is it some kind of ray beam? Is it telepathy maybe? Blunt force? Sharp object? Weakness exploitation is a pretty crappy argument in my opinion? To be honest, with Classic Mangog, i'm not sure he even has a weakness.

Horrificus
Mangog wins with no problem at all. He destroys the robot physically, over and over. Then if he gets bored, he transmutes Nimrod so he is suddenly made out of paper, or jello. Or, maybe turns him into a Bush Baby or something.

Darth Jello
The thing with Nimrod is he is a very Doomsdays-ish character. He can be beaten if he encounters a situation that he hasn't encountered before or that he can't anticipate such as Nightcrawler teleporting his arm off, Rogue absorbing several powers simultaneously, Sebastian Shaw crashing into him at terminal velocity, etc. Rogue and Nightcrawler tried the same ploy during the next encounter. Rogue got her uniform shredded and nearly suffocated Colossus and Nightcrawler was forcefully and traumatically bampfed across town so bad that his powers misfired while fighting the Marauders the next night and he was put in a coma by Riptide and Vertigo and left the X-Men.
The problem is he adapts and it's very hard if not impossible to beat him the same way twice. I say beat and not kill because Nimrod can be reduced to a scrap pile and he'll just teleport away and repair himself while devising some new strategy. The only way to kill him is to take him apart molecule by molecule, vaporize him or annihilate him. In the way he repairs himself, teleports, and is able to create counters to every power he's faced including magic points to the fact that he can convert matter to energy and vice versa and that he can generate exotic particles. Nimrod's other weakness is that he adapts to the point where he started becoming more an more human and grew a conscience up until he was taken over by Mastermold and turned into an unstoppable monster.
In terms of the Juggernaut battle, he obviously fought and killed Juggernaut, a supposedly unstoppable opponent in his reality. I've never seen a more pathetic Juggs performance than being caught of guard, thrown across a street, severely beaten, and then paralyzed/about to be killed by some kind of magic-countering sonic frequency.

I said all that to say this. Mangog will fight Nimrod and he will win but he won't kill Nimrod. Nimrod will go away for a week or two and come back. He may be reduced to powder 9 times, but on the tenth, he'll figure out a way to kill Mangog.

TheLordofMurder

Well what level of adaptation would you say Nimrod achieved when he was killing Classic Juggernaut?

Keep in mind that WWH nor Thor ever had the level of success against Juggs that Nimrod displayed before you answer; overcoming Cyrorraks enchantment and killing Juggs was at the very minimum a Trans Tier feat...one could argue that no one beneath a Skyfather could match that feat.

yaadaveyaa
Well what level of adaptation would you say Nimrod achieved when he was killing Classic Juggernaut?

Keep in mind that WWH nor Thor ever had the level success against Juggs that Nimrod displayed before you answer; overcoming Cyrorraks enchantment and killing Juggs was at the very minimum a Trans Tier feat...one could argue that no one beneath a Skyfather could match that feat.

a very impressive feat no doubt it still doesnt mean he can even scratch the surface of pure hate he'd have to kill EVERYTHING in the universe as long as hate and fury exist mangog exists he'd never do enough damage he'd get pulverized over and over until he ran out of energy WHICH DOES HAPPEN

TheGodKiller
Can't speak for Doomsday, but as far as the Fury goes, except for a few low showings here and there, it pretty much "adapted" to a skyfather+ level threat. Imo, its adaption abilities are pretty much among the most ridiculous in comicdom .

TheLordofMurder

And did that tactic completely destroy Nimrod and prevent him from reconstructing?

LoL...

Physical force will only delay Nimrod; there is no beating that Mangog could give him that he couldnt reconstruct from...

Whats Mangog going to do, keep punching and kicking Nimrods powder!?

No, Mangog will beat Nimrod down, and Nimrod will come right back with an adaptation against Mangog's brute force; at this point there will be nothing further Mangog could do against Nimrod...

Even if you want to argue that its beyond Nimrods ability to come up with a lethal solution for dealing with Mangog, there is simply nothing Mangog can do to keep Nimrod down...

Its a stalemate at the bare minimum...

Of course, based largely on his phenomenal showing against Classic Juggs, I dont think its a stalemate; I think Nimrod eventually finds a solution for dealing with Mangog...even if that solution is to BFR him away.

abhilegend
And did that tactic completely destroy Nimrod and prevent him from reconstructing?

LoL...

Physical force will only delay Nimrod; there is no beating that Mangog could give him that he couldnt reconstruct from...

No, Mangog will beat Nimrod down, and Nimrod will come right back with an adaptation against Mangog's brute force; at this point there will be nothing further Mangog could do against Nimrod...

Even if you want to argue that its beyond Nimrods ability to come up with a lethal solution for dealing with Mangog, there is simply nothing Mangog can do to keep Nimrod down...

Of course, based largely on his phenomenal showing against Classic Juggs, I dont think its a stalemate; I think Nimrod eventually finds a solution for dealing with Mangog...even if that solution is to BFR him away.
Yes, it did. Reading comics helps.

abhilegend

Keep in mind that WWH nor Thor ever had the level of success against Juggs that Nimrod displayed before you answer; overcoming Cyrorraks enchantment and killing Juggs was at the very minimum a Trans Tier feat...one could argue that no one beneath a Skyfather could match that feat.
Captain universe straight up beat the shit out of him, no fancy shit needed.

TheLordofMurder
Yes, it did. Reading comics helps.

Didnt Nimrod reconstruct and come into contact with Master Mold after that incident?

TheLordofMurder
Captain universe straight up beat the shit out of him, no fancy shit needed.

Nimrod was killing Classic Juggs...

Killing>>>Getting a beat down...

abhilegend
Didnt Nimrod reconstruct and come into contact with Master Mold after that incident?
You mean some six months after the incident? That's loooong time to have a forum win.

abhilegend
Nimrod was killing Classic Juggs...

Killing>>>Getting a beat down...
Hyperbole.

TheLordofMurder
You mean some six months after the incident? That's loooong time to have a forum win.

Dont shift goal posts now; you admit you were wrong...

You implied that the fall completely destroyed Nimrod and prevented him from reconstructing; you were wrong...

Besides, Nimrod simply didnt have another appearance until the arc with Master Mold; we really dont know how long it took him to reconstruct from that fall...

We do know that when looking at on panel beatings, he reconstructs immediately; there is no reason why that shouldnt apply here against Mangog...

yaadaveyaa
killing juggs and killing mangog completely different feat much much different murder

the Darkone
Originally posted by Darth Jello
The thing with Nimrod is he is a very Doomsdays-ish character. He can be beaten if he encounters a situation that he hasn't encountered before or that he can't anticipate such as Nightcrawler teleporting his arm off, Rogue absorbing several powers simultaneously, Sebastian Shaw crashing into him at terminal velocity, etc. Rogue and Nightcrawler tried the same ploy during the next encounter. Rogue got her uniform shredded and nearly suffocated Colossus and Nightcrawler was forcefully and traumatically bampfed across town so bad that his powers misfired while fighting the Marauders the next night and he was put in a coma by Riptide and Vertigo and left the X-Men.
The problem is he adapts and it's very hard if not impossible to beat him the same way twice. I say beat and not kill because Nimrod can be reduced to a scrap pile and he'll just teleport away and repair himself while devising some new strategy. The only way to kill him is to take him apart molecule by molecule, vaporize him or annihilate him. In the way he repairs himself, teleports, and is able to create counters to every power he's faced including magic points to the fact that he can convert matter to energy and vice versa and that he can generate exotic particles. Nimrod's other weakness is that he adapts to the point where he started becoming more an more human and grew a conscience up until he was taken over by Mastermold and turned into an unstoppable monster.
In terms of the Juggernaut battle, he obviously fought and killed Juggernaut, a supposedly unstoppable opponent in his reality. I've never seen a more pathetic Juggs performance than being caught of guard, thrown across a street, severely beaten, and then paralyzed/about to be killed by some kind of magic-countering sonic frequency.

I said all that to say this. Mangog will fight Nimrod and he will win but he won't kill Nimrod. Nimrod will go away for a week or two and come back. He may be reduced to powder 9 times, but on the tenth, he'll figure out a way to kill Mangog.

He will lose a tenth time, do you know who Mangog is? Mangog at the height of his power thrashed all of Asgard, Nimrod was created to fight mutants not Gods or God destroyers. Nimrod adapts to Mutants not Gods and their abilities, Nimrod is not Fury, Fury is the Ferrari while Nimrod is a Dodge Charger, a big difference in performance and power.

Mangog feeds on hatred through out the universe and physical and energy attacks doesn't even phase him it makes him stronger, it took Classic Odin killing himself and using ancient magic to de-powered him which Nimrod has no knowledge of,if he did he couldn't replicate it. Mangog at the height of his power, was matter manipulator,teleportation, destructive energy projection,Godlike reflexes, Incalculable strength, Gifted Intelligence. Tell me when Nimrod can beat Classic Odin then we can talk about him trying to beat a being Mangog that was created by billions on billion of his people that are galaxy destroyers.

Mordern Mangog it took Thor with OF weapons to slow down Mangog, and Anti Force blast which is second too Thor most powerful ability next to the Godblast, which Thor shoved down his throat. Then later it took Rune Thor too kill him out right.

Mangog track record and his opponents are greater than Nimrod; Nimrod fights mutants as where Mangog fights Gods and defeats them. Nimrod has run out of power on numerous occasions, as Mangog especially Classic Mangog feeds on hatred of the universe, are u guys trying too say Nimrod can beat Odin, because that is needed to beat Classic Mangog,and Odin Force weapons for Thor to have a chance of beating Mordern Mangog

TheLordofMurder
Hyperbole.

LoL...

Silent Master
killing juggs and killing mangog completely different feat much much different murder

Hell, Shatterstar has cut the Juggernaut before....I suppose that TheLordofMurder would use that as proof that Shatterstar would be able to cut Mangog.

abhilegend
Dont shift goal posts now; you admit you were wrong...

You implied that the fall completely destroyed Nimrod and prevented him from reconstructing; you were wrong...

Besides, Nimrod simply didnt have another appearance until the arc with Master Mold; we really dont know how long it took him to reconstruct from that fall...

We do know that when looking at on panel beatings, he reconstructs immediately; there is no reason why that shouldnt apply here against Mangog...
Blah, blah, blah. No limit fallacy ftw. It took him six months to reconstruct.

Have a happy trolling, here you go on ignore.

TheLordofMurder
He will lose a tenth time, do you know who Mangog is? Mangog at the height of his power thrashed all of Asgard, Nimrod was created to fight mutants not Gods or God destroyers. Nimrod adapts to Mutants not Gods and their abilities, Nimrod is not Fury, Fury is the Ferrari while Nimrod is a Dodge Charger, a big difference in performance and power.

Mangog feeds on hatred through out the universe and physical and energy attacks doesnet even phase him it makes him stronger, it took Classic Odin killing himself and using ancient magic to de-powered him which Nimrod has no knowledge of,if he did he couldn't replicate it. Mangog at the height of his power, was matter manipulator,teleportation, destructive energy projection,Godlike reflexes, Incalculable strength, Gifted Intelligence. Tell me when Nimrod can beat Classic Odin then we can talk about him trying to beat a being Mangog that was created by billions on billion of his people that are galaxy destroyers.

Mordern Mangog it took Thor with OF weapons to slow down Mangog, and Anti Force blast which is second too Thor most powerful ability next to the Godblast, which Thor shoved down his throat. Then later it took Rune Thor too kill him out right.

Mangog track record and his opponents are greater than Nimrod; Nimrod fights mutants as where Mangog fights Gods and defeats them.

Different opponents, different powersets, different matchup...

Nimrod can reconstruct from being beaten into powder and form an adaptation against a 2nd beating; those Gods that Mangog has fought dont have that ability...

TheLordofMurder
Blah, blah, blah. No limit fallacy ftw. It took him six months to reconstruct.

Have a happy trolling, here you go on ignore.

Ignore me because I have out argued you...LoL!!!

You have no proof that it took him 6 months to reconstruct; that is pure speculation on your part with nothing of substance to back it up...

Silent Master
Just like you have no proof that Nimrod can actually beat Mangog.

TheLordofMurder

thumb up

Silent Master

thumb up

BTW, Classic Mangog is far above Juggernaut

TheLordofMurder

I know that Nimrod has significantly outperformed Thor when facing a mutual opponent...Classic Juggs.

Nimrod dominated Juggs; Juggernaut had no chance against Nimrod...

Juggs (on the other hand) has typically given Thor major problems; and this same Thor has beaten Mangog...

So no, I dont think its a stretch at all to believe that Nimrod has the "goods" to put Mangog down...

the Darkone
Different opponents, different powersets, different matchup...

Nimrod can reconstruct from being beaten into powder and form an adaptation against a 2nd beating; those Gods that Mangog has fought dont have that ability...

Nimrod doesn't have the power set to beat Mordern day Mangog let alone Classic Mangog who is a sky father ++ in power. Mangog race was even more powerful than the Asgardians and posed a serious threat, Classic Mangog is the by product of it/.

I dont think you are understanding what Mangog can do, Mangog ravage asgard, could Nimrod do it , hell to the no. Classic MAngog defeated Odin outright, defeated Thor with one hit hit, tanked the most powerful weapon in the Asgard canon, smite the frost giants with one hit. And you going to sit there and tell everybody that Nimrod who was created to defeat Mutants can beat or kill a God destroyer, based he can adept so the hell what, Nimrod will exert all of his powers before MAngog turns him into a toilet, even Odin stated that his Mangog powers surpasses his.

So are you telling us that Nimrod can beat ODin too now, Nimrod is not even in Fury league and he has proven his abilities time and time again.

So you are saying a Man creation can defeat a God creation by accident from Odin, a being that even Odin had to kill himself in order to depowered Mangog from sky father level ++ to high trans which is a big drop off in power, so basically you are saying Nimrod can beat Odin also, because that's what you are saying without saying it!???

TheLordofMurder

LoL...

thumb up

yaadaveyaa
this is the most stubborn person ive ever heard its not sinking into your thick head that your not dealing with a wolverine beating where he can just reconstruct this is skyfather trans lvl being hes top tier power u moron his beat down is going to be a million times worse then juggernaut go read and come back with something fresh please

TheGodKiller
@TheLordOfMurder: Nimrod's adaption abilities were never put to the test against a skyfather level character like Odin.

What makes you think that he'll be able to hang in there with Mangog?

Silent Master
IOW, you're going to rely on faulty ABC logic and ignore all of Mangog's feats.

TheLordofMurder
Originally posted by TheGodKiller
@TheLordOfMurder: What makes you think that he'll be able to hang in there with Mangog?

I have already answered this question many times over...

yaadaveyaa

u have typed the same thing over and over that doesnt count as answering anything considering its wrong and inaccurate good try tho mad

TheLordofMurder

I know that Mangog typically beats his enemies with brute force; brute force will not put Nimrod down for the count...

Nimrod will reconstruct from a brure force beating fully equipped with an adaptation against a 2nd beat down...

TheGodKiller
Deliberately ignoring the rest of my post doesn't help your case.

And no, you haven't. You're confusing Classic Juggernaut(at best a a trans level character with variable durability) with Classic Mangog(who was a legit skyfather-threatening menace).

Silent Master
I know that Mangog typically beats his enemies with brute force; brute force will not put Nimrod down for the count...

Nimrod will reconstruct from a brure force beating fully equipped with an adaptation against a 2nd beat down...

the Darkone

No you havent, you are really showing everybody that you dont know what u are talking about at all, you are a H1a8 clone!

Can Nimrod beat Silver Age Odin or Mordern Day Odin, because it's going to take sky father level power too defeat Mangog, which Nimrod doesn't even have and it's not in his design, his design is to track and defeat mutants not GOD's??

the Darkone
u have typed the same thing over and over that doesnt count as answering anything considering its wrong and inaccurate good try tho mad

And wait, and giving himself thumbs up, that's a sad indivisual who thinks in his own mind he is right.

TheLordofMurder
No you havent, you are really showing everybody that you dont know what u are talking about at all, you are a H1a8 clone!

Can Nimrod beat Silver Age Odin or Mordern Day Odin, because it's going to take sky father level power too defeat Mangog, which Nimrod doesn't even have and it's not in his design, his design is to track and defeat mutants not GOD's??

Odin is not what this thread is focusing on, so I wont talk about Odin here...

I will say this, Classic Juggs is not a mutant, but he was owning him just fine...so no, Nimrods power is not only useful for killing mutants.

Its useful for killing whoever he decides is a target...

Silent Master
Odin is not what this thread is focusing on, so I wont talk about Odin here...

I will say this, Classic Juggs is not a mutant, but he was owning him just fine...so no, Nimrods power is not only useful for killing mutants.

Its useful for killing whoever he decides is a target...

TheLordofMurder
Deliberately ignoring the rest of my post doesn't help your case.

And no, you haven't. You're confusing Classic Juggernaut(at best a a trans level character with variable durability) with Classic Mangog(who was a legit skyfather-threatening menace).

I know of a Skyfather that was threatened by the Absorbing Man...

So status doesnt count for as much as you guys believe it does...

How an opponent matches up with you>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>status.

TheGodKiller
I know of a Skyfather that was threatened by the Absorbing Man...

So status doesnt count for as much as you guys believe it does...

How an opponent matches up with you>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>status.
That was only after Absorbing Man intended to absorb almost all of Asgard itself. And Absorbing Man never got to completing his scheme either.

Classic Mangog actually put a beatdown on Odin, something I don't see Nimrod doing. Mangog wins.

TheLordofMurder
That was only after Absorbing Man intended to absorb almost all of Asgard itself. And Absorbing Man never got to completing his scheme either.

Classic Mangog actually put a beatdown on Odin, something I don't see Nimrod doing. Mangog wins.

Great...so how does Mangog win?

What can he do to Nimrod thats going to put him down for good?

TheGodKiller
Great...so how does Mangog win?

What can he do to Nimrod thats going to put him down for good?
By beating the bejeezus outta him.

When has Nimrod ever recovered from a beating by a skyfather+ character?

abhilegend
laughing out loud
This thread is full of win.

TheLordofMurder
If Nimrod is beaten into powder, does it matter wether its a Herald, Trans, or Skyfather that does it?

No...it doesnt; the Skyfather will simply beat him into powder faster than the rest...Nimrod will still reconstruct all the same.

And reconstruct with an adaptation against a 2nd beatdown...

What does Mangog do at this point...nothing...nothing at all.

Well nothing except attempt to withstand whatever lethal solution Nimrod has come up with to deal with him of course...

Silent Master
LOL!!!!

JakeTheBank
no expression

guy222
those who believe nimrod is more powerful as odin to defeat silver age mangog is silly

nimrod was designed to stop juggernaut and other mutants

mangog isn't a mutant

JakeTheBank
thumb up

Beating Juggernaut =/= beating Mangog.

-K-M-
......really? People are debating Nimrod wins? Crazy. I thought you were all poking fun.

Little bit of trivia Nimrod may have been created by Madison Jeffries ;p

zopzop
Serious question for Team Mangog, aside from punching stuff and being invulnerable, what other abilities does Mangog have?

guy222
he has teeth big grin

yaadaveyaa
mangog posses the strenght endurance and durability of a billion beings lol

yaadaveyaa
also has energy and magic manipulation similar to that of odin (power lvl wise)

JakeTheBank
He has matter manipulation abilities sufficient to overpower the likes of Loki...who's a master shape shifter in his own right and has nigh complete control over his physical form.

He can also project intense blasts of energy.

guy222
his power grows on hate i believe

JakeTheBank
It does, yes.

I mean, this is about as spitey as it gets.

Odin couldn't beat the guy without resorting to plot device and wound up dying as a result....but Nimrod can beat him? El oh el.

Silent Master
It does, yes.

I mean, this is about as spitey as it gets.

Odin couldn't beat the guy without resorting to plot device and wound up dying as a result....but Nimrod can beat him? El oh el.

Per LOM Odin is not what this thread is focusing on, so I wont talk about Odin here...

IOW, he's going to ignore anything that would prove Mangog >>>> Nimrod.

JakeTheBank
That doesn't even make sense, seeing as we have to look at Odin seeing as how that's how Classic Mangog was defeated in the first place. So yes, Odin is highly relevant to the discussion at hand and Odin couldn't straight up beat Mangog. He proved it with his actions and words. The guy freakin' BFRd Asgard from its dimensional plane because he knew Mangog would be a universal threat if left unchecked.

But Nimrod, a glorified Sentinel, will adapt to beat him?

yaadaveyaa
http://marvel.wikia.com/Mangog_(Earth-616)

KuRuPT Thanosi
The question I have is... If Mangog beats him down and he reconstructs.. does that count as a forum win right then and there?

Silent Master
That doesn't even make sense, seeing as we have to look at Odin seeing as how that's how Classic Mangog was defeated in the first place. So yes, Odin is highly relevant to the discussion at hand and Odin couldn't straight up beat Mangog. He proved it with his actions and words. The guy freakin' BFRd Asgard from its dimensional plane because he knew Mangog would be a universal threat if left unchecked.

But Nimrod, a glorified Sentinel, will adapt to beat him?

According to LOM, yes.

thumb up

h1a8

But Nimrod, a glorified Sentinel, will adapt to beat him? Jake we use feats to back things up, nothing more. Characters in comics have variable showings and power. Just because a character outdoes another character in a comic doesn't mean he outdone that character's best.

Mangog operated at poor offensive levels Most of the time. We know this because of his battles against Thor. You just can't disregard his many showings in favor of speculative reasoning based off Odin. In that case, Sentry would have the power of a million exploding suns since it was stated countless times in the comic.
We go by showings, and not by implied speculative power.

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by h1a8
Jake we use feats to back things up, nothing more. Characters in comics have variable showings and power. Just because a character outdoes another character in a comic doesn't mean he outdone that character's best.

Mangog operated at poor offensive levels Most of the time. We know this because of his battles against Thor. You just can't disregard his many showings in favor of speculative reasoning based off Odin. In that case, Sentry would have the power of a million exploding suns since it was stated countless times in the comic.

facepalm

We already discussed Mangog's feats here, which include beating Odin and Thor and no selling virtually everything thrown at him.

Silver Age Mangog was only ever defeated through plot device, plot device Nimrod hasn't been shown able to replicate under his power on panel or even alluded to.

Via on panel evidence there is nothing that Nimrod could do to beat Mangog. Christ.

Silent Master
Originally posted by h1a8
Jake we use feats to back things up, nothing more. Characters in comics have variable showings and power. Just because a character outdoes another character in a comic doesn't mean he outdone that character's best.

One of these days, you'll learn to actually read a thread/comic before posting.

Raptor22
Someone earlier mentioned that mangog encased Loki in amber, couldn't he beat Nimrod to pieces then encase the pieces like he did Loki so they can't reform?

the Darkone
One of these days, you'll learn to actually read a thread/comic before posting.

In other words H1a8 stfu, and read some comics!

the Darkone
Originally posted by Raptor22
Someone earlier mentioned that mangog encased Loki in amber, couldn't he beat Nimrod to pieces then encase the pieces like he did Loki so they can't reform?

That would be me, he encased Loki and Loki couldn't get out and Loki is second too Odin in magic and he got punk like Thor, Asgard and Odin, and where to believe that nimrod has a shot, by a misguided fanboy, right!

Horrificus
Grind Nimrod into dust. Then, turn that dust into feces, chalk, porridge, Cheerios, etc.

thanos-prime
Mangog wins

psycho gundam
Originally posted by ozz81
Nimrod at peak vs

1.Current Mangog
2.Classic Mangog

Who wins ? no expression

rotiart
Does anyone have a repair feat for nimrod. Like how fast it took him to repair from his worst beating? Cause if its fast enough....

And for these abilities of mangog has current shown the use or only silver age. I honestly don't remember him in recent years as anything other then a pure brick who choked down thors antiforce

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>