Ironman 'Herald Armor' Gauntlet

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

armedforbattle
All of his Bleeding Edge powers+
-New better power source
-Can use energy sword and shield often (it use to almost drain him)
-Teleportation
-Can go intangible
-Suit Repairs itself 3x the speed it did before
-Fists and Boots Have Adamantium spikes on them
-Suit is composed of Vibranium. Except the Fist and Boots which are primary adamantium
-Strength is doubled
-Speed is doubled
-Thought processing speed is doubled
-All energy powers (Repulsor, Pulse Bolt, Laser, Unibeam, Sonics) are doubled in power

1. Grey Hulk
2. Kilowog
3. Super Skrull
4. Nova
5. Wonder Woman
6. Thor
7. Superman
8. Silver Surfer

No Prep. No Bfr. All fights in NY. Fully healed between matches.
Is Tony a herald with these upgrades? Is he low, mid, or high?
Tony cant call in a bunch of older suits to attack his opponents, he is trying to prove himself a worthy opponent.

Who stops him?

Tell me whatcha think! I personally think tony deserves a good upgrade, making him herald!

Lord Feron
Maybe he makes it to wonder woman. I would like to see Tony in more powerful armor but not like all the time though.

pym-ftw
List is kinda out of order but stops at nova probably

Newjak
Even with these upgrades I don't see how he is going to beat an good GL like Kilowog.

JakeTheBank
He doesn't need the upgrades to beat Grey Hulk, and is, imo, already a herald on the lower end of the spectrum.

Endless Mike
Kilowog is too low here

thanos-prime
Clears it. Might stop at surfer.

armedforbattle
Originally posted by Endless Mike
Kilowog is too low here imo, hes not taking a solid majority of any of them(superskrull and him would be a good fight, but i give it to SS)

JakeTheBank
He would give an extreme fight to everyone here. He's definitely beating Grey Hulk and Super Skrull, though.

His power source amp is too vague to comment on, but everything else stacked together makes Tony more than capable of hanging with virtually anyone here.

thanos-prime
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
He would give an extreme fight to everyone here. He's definitely beating Grey Hulk and Super Skrull, though.

His power source amp is too vague to comment on, but everything else stacked together makes Tony more than capable of hanging with virtually anyone here. He was more than capable of hanging with them before with these upgrades he should be able to take a high majority on most of the people here. Surfer could win if he uses his exotic powers if not i see iron man winning.

armedforbattle

His power source amp is too vague to comment on.
That was just kind of a way to prevent people from saying "with all these powers he would be drained"

JakeTheBank
So basically he has infinite energy to draw upon and doesn't have to worry about energy drainage?

armedforbattle
No^ lets say he has double the "battery" life he had before

abhilegend
Originally posted by thanos-prime
He was more than capable of hanging with them before with these upgrades he should be able to take a high majority on most of the people here. Surfer could win if he uses his exotic powers if not i see iron man winning.
High majority? You're joking, right? Funny, surfer lost to IM before all these upgrades.

thanos-prime
Originally posted by abhilegend
High majority? You're joking, right? Funny, surfer lost to IM before all these upgrades. Im not sure what you're implying. As I recall, it was a double knock-out, and it wouldn't happen these days anyway because Iron Man's stock has dropped over time

JakeTheBank
Actually, Iron Man's gotten progressively more powerful and formidable over time. So has Surfer, tbf.

armedforbattle
Jake & abhi
Where do you think he stops?

thanos-prime
Actually, Iron Man's gotten progressively more powerful and formidable over time. So has Surfer, tbf. They say he's gotten more powerful, sure. But back in the day, he could go to a double knock-out with Surfer or knock Thor around after absorbing some lightning. Could you see that happening today?

armedforbattle
They say he's gotten more powerful, sure. But back in the day, he could go to a double knock-out with Surfer or knock Thor around after absorbing some lightning. Could you see that happening today?
He still has those abilities just depends on whos writing it

JakeTheBank
They say he's gotten more powerful, sure. But back in the day, he could go to a double knock-out with Surfer or knock Thor around after absorbing some lightning. Could you see that happening today?

A mind controlled Bleeding Edge Iron Man held his own against a mind controlled Thor in close quarters pretty recently. He also did well against a High Evolutionary amped Ulik and Crimson Dynamo. Considering when Tony thinks outside of the box, he's accomplished feats such as knocking out Savage Hulk, laying the hurting on Red Hulk, holding his own against Sentyr for a few moments, and staggering Mangog with a city power grid-amped Unibeam, I can totally see current Tony looking good against current Surfer or Thor.

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by armedforbattle
Jake & abhi

I would say he could stop at Nova if Nova utilized all of his abilities. But heck, I can see him beating Diana, tbh, if she didn't try to lasso him right away. I do think Kilowog is a bit low, imo.

Everyone here would have significant problems with him.

thanos-prime
A mind controlled Bleeding Edge Iron Man held his own against a mind controlled Thor in close quarters pretty recently. He also did well against a High Evolutionary amped Ulik and Crimson Dynamo. Considering when Tony thinks outside of the box, he's accomplished feats such as knocking out Savage Hulk, laying the hurting on Red Hulk, holding his own against Sentyr for a few moments, and staggering Mangog with a city power grid-amped Unibeam, I can totally see current Tony looking good against current Surfer or Thor. What was it, a single panel of him and Thor fighting? The Savage Hulk knockout was a million years ago, which is my point, I don't remember exactly, but I believe he was going all out against Rulk after getting the drop on him, Rulk wasn't fighting back, and was unharmed at the end, and OK on Mangog, I guess.

carver9
Tony clears this.

JakeTheBank
What was it, a single panel of him and Thor fighting? The Savage Hulk knockout was a million years ago, which is my point, I don't remember exactly, but I believe he was going all out against Rulk after getting the drop on him, Rulk wasn't fighting back, and was unharmed at the end, and OK on Mangog, I guess.

It was actually several pages. More than a single panel and they were shown to be peers compared to one another. Of course mind control was a factor and it could be argued that neither guy was fighting at their best. He knocked out Savage Hulk in defective armor after Secret Invasion (he lost Extremis at this point). Rulk didn't want to be turned into Tony's target practice dummy but it happened anyway.

thanos-prime
It was actually several pages. More than a single panel and they were shown to be peers compared to one another. Of course mind control was a factor and it could be argued that neither guy was fighting at their best. He knocked out Savage Hulk in defective armor after Secret Invasion (he lost Extremis at this point). Rulk didn't want to be turned into Tony's target practice dummy but it happened anyway. We can agree to disagree on Iron Man's current power level. I think he clears this thread.

abhilegend
Im not sure what you're implying. As I recall, it was a double knock-out, and it wouldn't happen these days anyway because Iron Man's stock has dropped over time
In the first fight in Sub mariner 35. In their second fight he koed surfer and was still standing.

abhilegend
Jake & abhi
Nova or diana.

carver9
In the first fight in Sub mariner 35. In their second fight he koed surfer and was still standing.

ABHI, we all know why you dislike Surfer. It's ok bro, its going to be alright.

abhilegend
Originally posted by carver9
ABHI, we all know why you dislike Surfer. It's ok bro, its going to be alright.
lolwut? I don't dislike surfer.

carver9
lolwut? I don't dislike surfer.

You lowball the character every chance you can get. Always remember, when it comes to the embodiment of high Heralds...the person that represent high Heralds, it will always be Surfer. He is the Prime, the Omega, the Doctor Doom of that tier.

You can start crying now. big grin

armedforbattle
Here we go...

JakeTheBank
the Doctor Doom of that tier.

http://i578.photobucket.com/albums/ss225/OdinBorson/Doomserious.gif

abhilegend
You lowball the character every chance you can get. Always remember, when it comes to the embodiment of high Heralds...the person that represent high Heralds, it will always be Surfer. He is the Prime, the Omega, the Doctor Doom of that tier.

By lowballing you mean actually knowing and posting feats and fights of surfer instead of "LOLZ, POWA COSMIC WINZORRZ"?

Maybe when he can beat that pansy thor for once and not scream like a girl when falling from his board.

Lulz.

carver9
By lowballing you mean actually knowing and posting feats and fights of surfer instead of "LOLZ, POWA COSMIC WINZORRZ"?

Maybe when he can beat that pansy thor for once and not scream like a girl when falling from his board.

Lulz.

No one said he can't be beaten "but", Surfer is the representation of the High Herald tier. Surfer allows himself to be beaten. Any person on KMC without an ounce of biasness will tell you who represents the Herald tier and again, this doesn't mean he is unbeatable (because of his passivness) but again, he is the Doom/Jake of that tier.

My shoulder is here for you to cry on. evil face

armedforbattle
http://alfa.gifs-planet.com/new/2870.gif
ABHI vs Carver
Edit: by that i mean carver strikes but it usually backfires

carver9
Lol..he ain't ready.

abhilegend
No one said he can't be beaten "but", Surfer is the representation of the High Herald tier. Surfer allows himself to be beaten. Any person on KMC without an ounce of biasness will tell you who represents the Herald tier and again, this doesn't mean he is unbeatable (because of his passivness) but again, he is the Doom/Jake of that tier.

My shoulder is here for you to cry on. evil face
When did I say he's unbeatable or otherwise? He doesn't allow himself to be beaten, that's idiotic for even you. Like I said when he can get a win over thor, he can be considered a candidate. Untill then, no.

Again lulz. Did you drink too much again?

rotiart
God this almost feels like the iron man armor is being replaced with nimrod and tony is simply at the helm.

Intangible? Telportation? I'm not actually sure if tony would use it well or even at all? The teleportation is it like blink style at instant speeds or slower to create and meant more for long distance travel?

armedforbattle
Not so much long diatances. Used more for battle

DarkSaint85

Where were you when we were debating CISless Surfer against WWH?????? Your love for SS would have been invaluable.

Newjak
A mind controlled Bleeding Edge Iron Man held his own against a mind controlled Thor in close quarters pretty recently. He also did well against a High Evolutionary amped Ulik and Crimson Dynamo. Considering when Tony thinks outside of the box, he's accomplished feats such as knocking out Savage Hulk, laying the hurting on Red Hulk, holding his own against Sentyr for a few moments, and staggering Mangog with a city power grid-amped Unibeam, I can totally see current Tony looking good against current Surfer or Thor. Tony does have some good fights with these guys, but ,besides maybe Blair stick out tongue, I think most people would be hard pressed to say normal Tony takes a single win against any Herald level being not being written down for the sake of plot.

Even with these upgrades Tony's best still seems relatively small compared to most of the people on this lists best.

Blair Wind
All of his Bleeding Edge powers+
-New better power source
-Can use energy sword and shield often (it use to almost drain him)
-Teleportation
-Can go intangible
-Suit Repairs itself 3x the speed it did before
-Fists and Boots Have Adamantium spikes on them
-Suit is composed of Vibranium. Except the Fist and Boots which are primary adamantium
-Strength is doubled
-Speed is doubled
-Thought processing speed is doubled
-All energy powers (Repulsor, Pulse Bolt, Laser, Unibeam, Sonics) are doubled in power

No Prep. No Bfr. All fights in NY. Fully healed between matches.
Is Tony a herald with these upgrades? Is he low, mid, or high?
Tony cant call in a bunch of older suits to attack his opponents, he is trying to prove himself a worthy opponent.
Who stops him?

Tell me whatcha think! I personally think tony deserves a good upgrade, making him herald!

Tony is already a Low Herald. He's already created adamantium and vibranium armors (though not personal use ones - they were part of his six man army of suits that he planned on using). He's already re-created a teleporation system for his armor - though never used it past like 3 issues. However, a tactical teleporation system is really nice. Intangibility is a good upgrade, I don't think he's ever had that before.

1. Grey Hulk - Ironman wins

2. Kilowog - Ironman loses, though he may be able to find a way to use the energy to boost himself.

3. Super Skrull - Ironman wins (bubbles won't go past the armor, and with everything else being equal is already a match for him).

4. Nova - I don't know enough about Nova.

5. Wonder Woman - Ironman would win

6. Thor - Well, it all depends. Iron Man currently loses the majority but has already proven he can absorb his magic lightning and will not get one shot. This is a case of Iron Man just being more clever - if he can teleport and rip out his heart by going intangible - well, I don't think Thor has the speed or ability to block that move.

7. Superman - Ironman loses the majority, but becomes much more evasive with his teleporation/intangibility. Probably won't be able to pull the same move as with Thor due to his vastly superior reactions (even to teleportation).

8. Silver Surfer - Ironman loses the majority.

dmills
Funnily enough, I bet Tony becomes somewhat close to this during his tour with the Guardians. All the tech that he's going to get access to is going to make him blow his boner.

armedforbattle
Originally posted by Blair Wind
Tony is already a Low Herald. He's already created adamantium and vibranium armors (though not personal use ones - they were part of his six man army of suits that he planned on using). He's already re-created a teleporation system for his armor - though never used it past like 3 issues. However, a tactical teleporation system is really nice. Intangibility is a good upgrade, I don't think he's ever had that before.

1. Grey Hulk - Ironman wins

2. Kilowog - Ironman loses, though he may be able to find a way to use the energy to boost himself.

3. Super Skrull - Ironman wins (bubbles won't go past the armor, and with everything else being equal is already a match for him).

4. Nova - I don't know enough about Nova.

5. Wonder Woman - Ironman would win

6. Thor - Well, it all depends. Iron Man currently loses the majority but has already proven he can absorb his magic lightning and will not get one shot. This is a case of Iron Man just being more clever - if he can teleport and rip out his heart by going intangible - well, I don't think Thor has the speed or ability to block that move.

7. Superman - Ironman loses the majority, but becomes much more evasive with his teleporation/intangibility. Probably won't be able to pull the same move as with Thor due to his vastly superior reactions (even to teleportation).

8. Silver Surfer - Ironman loses the majority.

I personally thought he was already low herald. But alot of people seem to disagree. And thanks for your thoughts on the matchups big grin

Blair Wind
Originally posted by dmills
Funnily enough, I bet Tony becomes somewhat close to this during his tour with the Guardians. All the tech that he's going to get access to is going to make him blow his boner.

Where is this happening?

JakeTheBank
Iron Man's going to be on the Guardians of the Galaxy team when the title is relaunched.

armedforbattle
Iron Man's going to be on the Guardians of the Galaxy team when the title is relaunched. Really? Replacing somebody or an additional member

DarkSaint85
Really? Replacing somebody or an additional member

http://geek-news.mtv.com//wp-content/uploads/geek/2012/10/GuardiansOfTheGalaxy_1_hdr.jpg

armedforbattle
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
http://geek-news.mtv.com//wp-content/uploads/geek/2012/10/GuardiansOfTheGalaxy_1_hdr.jpg
Thats tight! Except starlord looks like he should be a singer for 'one direction'

dmills
laughing out loud

pym-ftw
Groot looks awesome

dmills
I'm not a fan of that look for Groot tbh.

JakeTheBank
He is Groot.

Mindset
GROOT!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.