Sif vs Valkyrie

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

nwg202
fight 1: in character

fight 2: all out

zopzop
Valkyrie all day, everyday in both scenarios. Stronger and better equipment (Dragonfang).

ODG
^ What makes you so confident Valkyrie is stronger than Sif?

pym-ftw
Bru all day long

Sif over Sam though imho

zopzop
Originally posted by ODG
^ What makes you so confident Valkyrie is stronger than Sif?
I know Handbook evidence don't count (it's stated there too) but I recall it mentioned on panel in an old Defenders issue that she was the strongest female in Asgard or something.

ODG
^ I'd be happy to see that scan of a character statement. Even moreso, I'd be happy to see any scan of an actual feat that would show Valkyrie possesses the strength to effortlessly tearing apart a steel door like Sif has.

zopzop
Originally posted by ODG
^ I'd be happy to see that scan of a character statement. Even moreso, I'd be happy to see any scan of an actual feat that would show Valkyrie possesses the strength to effortlessly tearing apart a steel door like Sif has.
I don't remember what Defenders issue that was in. Her handbook entry backed up the claim though (but I know handbooks don't count unless on panel evidence is produced).

Damborgson
When they fought as young adults they were fairly evenly matched.

ODG
Originally posted by zopzop
I don't remember what Defenders issue that was in. Her handbook entry backed up the claim though (but I know handbooks don't count unless on panel evidence is produced). Originally posted by ODG

ODG
FYI, this is Sif's recent strength feat I am speaking of:

http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Random/th_Sif01.jpg

Now, I'm sure Valkyrie is at least as strong as Sif is. She is an Asgardian, and even more than that, she's a Valkyrior. I just don't see how, without any specific feats in mind, that anybody can be so confident that she's physically stronger than Sif.

Again, I'm welcome to seeing actual feats proving so.

DTM
According to Marvel Wikia (which seems to be pretty legit):

Valkyrie:
Superhuman Strength: Brunnhilde, like all Asgardians, possesses superhuman strength. She is significantly stronger than any other Valkyrie, and most other Asgardian men and women for that matter. She can lift up to 45 tons whereas the average Asgardian male and female can lift 30 and 25 tons respectively.

Lady Sif:
Superhuman Strength: Like all Asgardians, Sif is superhumanly strong and possesses greater physical strength than the average Asgardian female. At her peak, Sif is able to lift about 30 tons.

If this is so, Valkyrie is 1 1/2 times stronger than Sif.

ODG
^ Do you want me to demonstrate why using wikis is unreliable? Or can we just agree that it is irrelevant when stacked against actual on-panel feats?

DTM
Im pretty sure those strength levels were copies from Marvel themselves, and to me they do make sense and are believeable from what I know of these two characters. Believe them or not, I was just trying to help.

ODG
^ I appreciate the effort, but those wikis are completely editable by anonymous users. In fact, I can edit Sif's entry right this very moment if I wanted to with a description saying, "Sif has exhibited strength enough to tear steel doors apart, beyond anything so far shown in a comic by other Asgardian women, such as Valkyrie." You can edit it too.

Fan descriptions are subjective. When discussing characters, I prefer to focus on what we see in an actual comic. As a reminder, I'm amenable to seeing a character state on-panel that Valkyrie is 1.5x stronger than other Asgardian women. It's not a feat per se, but at least it's a character statement within a comic we can work with.

DTM
Yes, I understand that, though from memory (as I had all of the Marvel Handbooks) those stats looked like they came from Marvel, and the site itself looks quite legit.

Igniz
This is what I found about Valkyrie.

http://www.marvunapp.com/Appendix4/valkyriebrunhilde.htm

And here's Sif.

http://i737.photobucket.com/albums/xx18/bagsikdangal/EncyclopediaMythologica-0016.jpg

DTM
Hmmmmm, 45 tons for Valkyrie, and 30 tons for Sif.......now where did I see that posted before? smile

Igniz
Originally posted by DTM
Hmmmmm, 45 tons for Valkyrie, and 30 tons for Sif.......now where did I see that posted before? smile

whistle

the Darkone
Originally posted by ODG
^ I appreciate the effort, but those wikis are completely editable by anonymous users. In fact, I can edit Sif's entry right this very moment if I wanted to with a description saying, "Sif has exhibited strength enough to tear steel doors apart, beyond anything so far shown in a comic by other Asgardian women, such as Valkyrie." You can edit it too.

Fan descriptions are subjective. When discussing characters, I prefer to focus on what we see in an actual comic. As a reminder, I'm amenable to seeing a character state on-panel that Valkyrie is 1.5x stronger than other Asgardian women. It's not a feat per se, but at least it's a character statement within a comic we can work with.

Marvel database, states Sif is at 30 ton and Valkyrie is at 45 ton and they are class 50 and are consider equals in h2h. I say draw

ODG
Multiple handbooks published by Marvel state that Doom's armor runs on a 75 gb hard drive. My laptop has a 350 gb hard drive, ffs.

Needless to say, something stated in a wiki or a handbook is about as worthless as spit without on-panel evidence backing it up.

Bouboumaster
Hercules ftw

zopzop
Originally posted by Igniz
This is what I found about Valkyrie.

http://www.marvunapp.com/Appendix4/valkyriebrunhilde.htm

And here's Sif.

http://i737.photobucket.com/albums/xx18/bagsikdangal/EncyclopediaMythologica-0016.jpg
Yup that was it. The phrase "her fighting ability is surpassed among Asgardian women only by Brunhilde" was stated on panel in an old Defenders issue.

I don't care enough to dig for it though, also Valkyrie has Dragonfang so that's a plus in her corner.

JakeTheBank
ODG's right. At best, handbooks and wiki articles can give us a vague outline of a character's general powerset and things they've accomplished with them. At worst, they're horrible inaccurate and are useless.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.