Spawn Reboot

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Patient_Leech
I just watched the 1997 film again. It's pretty godawful, but it still seems like a premise with some potential. And... apparently Todd McFarlane has been working on a reboot (or wishing for it) for a while.

http://files.g4tv.com/ImageDb3/190703_S/Todd-McFarlane-Working-On-New-Spawn-Movie.jpg

jBYfdGGzqew

And according to this link, he wants DiCaprio.

Kazenji
The film did have some redeeming things with it

they got the look of the suit right and Violator done right.

Patient_Leech
Yeah, the suit looked good. But then there was some godawful stuff like the devil-creature: click. Wtf? mega fail.

Mr. Rhythmic
That movie was just a mess in general. I love Michael Jai White, but he literally did nothing in the film. Maelbolgia is supposed to be the Emperor of the series, the leading puppetmaster, and yet they just turned him into a awful-looking CGI throwaway character. Violator was too forced to be funny, an Martin Sheen was a bad miscast. I would try to set the series up as an anthology.

Movie 1 - Spawn trying to understand who he is, eventually fighting the mob and Overtkill. Movie ends with Violater kicking the shit out of him, and revealing the grander scheme of Simmons becoming a general for Hell.

Movie 2 - Introduce the concept of Heaven, and make the antagonist the Redeemer, with Jason Wynn becoming more and more involved in the war. Malebolgia reveals himself to Simmons for the first time, but only briefly, in order to express his incredible level of anger towards the Hellspawn, and says that the Necroplasm is starting to take hold. I would have Jason Wynn continue being the Redeemer, unlike in the comics, and he begins to live like Al, and the film ends with him disappearing in a blinding light. The Violater takes full control of Wynn's company. Chapel is hired by the Violator, and altered by the powers of Hell to match Spawn.

Movie 3: The Angela story-arch goes here, with Chapel as a secondary antagonist that leads to Spawn's full origins revealed.

Movie 4: Spawn and Angela take the fight to Malebolgia, and the series ends with Spawn redeeming himself under the eyes of the Mother of All Creation by killing Malebolgia.

Myth
Originally posted by Patient_Leech
Yeah, the suit looked good. But then there was some godawful stuff like the devil-creature: click. Wtf? mega fail.

I forgot how bad that devil was. Look how poorly it is designed. Hell, the forked tongue comes out of the top of it's mouth rather than the back of it's throat.

Kazenji

Malebolgia would look good now with a company like WETA or ILM doing him for a new movie.

Originally posted by Mr. Rhythmic
Violator was too forced to be funny, an Martin Sheen was a bad miscast.

That was Clown that was trying to funny, He needed to more like Heath Ledger's joker just evil and sadistic.

Myth
^ I seem to remember a lot of fart jokes from the clown. When I think of Spawn, I shouldn't think "fart jokes."

the ninjak
Originally posted by Myth
^ I seem to remember a lot of fart jokes from the clown. When I think of Spawn, I shouldn't think "fart jokes."

Hey it was the 90s John Leguizamo did what he could in light of what people expected of such films at the time.

Could've the film been darker like the anime...sure. But there's no way the marketing groups would've let that fly at the time.

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by Kazenji
He needed to more like Heath Ledger's joker just evil and sadistic.

Agreed.. the humor should have been a bit more subtle and less obnoxious. And for that, Leguizamo would obviously be the wrong choice...

vdghIEQ8Nq0

Originally posted by Myth

Haha, yeah. I think he did let one rip once or twice.. Good lord. laughing

s10sr_yXvis&feature=related

eW-0sfWsunY&feature=g-vrec

Fudge-packing midget? I thought he said "foul-smelling something or other"?

Newjak
I remember when that movie first came out and thinking it was awesome stick out tongue

I think this hero maybe a decade or two late to being relevant. Still done right Spawn would be sweet to see with today's modern CGI

Ascendancy
Still enjoy the original in spite of its flaws, mostly for the suit execution and the Violator fight. Wouldn't mind a reboot at all.

What about homey from Prison Break/Blade Trinity as Spawn?

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by Newjak
I think this hero maybe a decade or two late to being relevant. Still done right Spawn would be sweet to see with today's modern CGI

Sadly they'd probably make the whole suit CGI now. Whereas that was actually one of the few things done right. I'm a big proponent of practical prosthetic special makeup effects when at all possible.

Originally posted by Ascendancy
Still enjoy the original in spite of its flaws, mostly for the suit execution and the Violator fight.

Yeah, it's still oddly kind of enjoyable. The Violator fight is pretty cool.

Esau Cairn
The one thing I always bitched about with the Batman & Superman movies was how their capes always hung limp & useless over their shoulders like a discarded fashion accessory.

I always thought Burton, Singer & Nolan would've taken inspiration from Spawn's (cgi) cape...making it more practical & giving it a life on its own.

roughrider
Hey, Todd McFarlane had all the control he wanted when he helped make this in the 90's. The fact it didn't come out so well is on him. If he's going to turn it over to someone who knows how to direct, fine.

Patient_Leech

Newjak
Sadly they'd probably make the whole suit CGI now. Whereas that was actually one of the few things done right. I'm a big proponent of practical prosthetic special makeup effects when at all possible.

Yeah, it's still oddly kind of enjoyable. The Violator fight is pretty cool. I agree I tend to like less CGI when it comes to costumes.

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by Newjak
I agree I tend to like less CGI when it comes to costumes.

Yeah, example: Ryan Reynolds' CG Green Lantern suit looked very bad.

Robtard
Idris Elba would make a decent Spawn.

Esau Cairn
Originally posted by roughrider
Hey, Todd McFarlane had all the control he wanted when he helped make this in the 90's. The fact it didn't come out so well is on him. If he's going to turn it over to someone who knows how to direct, fine.

The question is, how relevant is Todd Mcfarlane these days?
I mean his Spawn series proved that he was a great artist but lousy writer....

How much clout does his name have these days?

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by Robtard
Idris Elba would make a decent Spawn.

That's an awesome idea, actually. Yeah, he would rock. Is the character black in the comic? Just wondering if that's why they went with the black actor..

Originally posted by Esau Cairn

But he's assured us that the next one is going to be like Alien, Jaws, or The Godfather. lol

Kazenji
Yeah, example: Ryan Reynolds' CG Green Lantern suit looked very bad.

Well it was suppose to be a CG suit, It based on Geoff Johns's Green Lantern: Rebirth

Just wondering when was the last time you read his Spawn series, i don't mean his more recent work with it

That's an awesome idea, actually. Yeah, he would rock. Is the character black in the comic? Just wondering if that's why they went with the black actor..

Yes he's a black character

Esau Cairn

Just wondering when was the last time you read his Spawn series, i don't mean his more recent work with it

Haven't read Spawn in years. I honestly don't even know if it's still in publication. I think after the 1st 20 issues, I got bored with Macfarlane's writing, enjoyed a couple of issues where he had guest-writers then kinda lost interest....that's over 10 years ago.

Kazenji
Haven't read Spawn in years. I honestly don't even know if it's still in publication. I think after the 1st 20 issues, I got bored with Macfarlane's writing, enjoyed a couple of issues where he had guest-writers then kinda lost interest....that's over 10 years ago.

Yeah its still going

for me even after the 20th issue it was still fairly good and i've only got Volumes 1 & 2 with the collections.

CowardlyBlakMan
Spawn? Alot of better movies out there to remake, lol

xtinataguba
I think the 1997 live-action movie was totally freakin' awesome!

Estacado
Originally posted by xtinataguba
I think the 1997 live-action movie was totally freakin' awesome!
^This.
When I was a kid I recorded it on vhs and watched it daily must have seen it like 70-80 times.

Kazenji
That was the same with me back then

but now when i see all that CGI in hell it just looks dodgy.

super pr*xy
every cgi shot looks dodgy.. especially in HD.. i just saw this again on cable.. free trial..

Newjak
Yeah I watched it not too long ago, and the CGI heavy scenes wouldn't even be tolerable in a video game these days.

Also Micheal Jai White is awesome and if you need martial arts ba stuff or intimidating guy he is great but as an actor he is only middle of the field.

It shows in Spawn with a lot of more acting heavy scenes. Which to me it's an important to have a guy who can act cause a lot of Spawn's epicness comes from his torment as much as his BA factor.

With a lot of lessons learned from early attempts at comic book movies a spawn reboot would probably be way better today than the 97 one was.

Flyattractor
If they could make it like the toon and get an R rating instead of a PG-13 so stupid little kids can see it I would give it a chance...And McFarlane is a douchebag. Always has been always will be.

Kazenji
Never even seen the cartoon when it was out, Unless it never got shown in Australia.

Flyattractor
There were some toons on Youtube but not all of them.

Newjak
Never even seen the cartoon when it was out, Unless it never got shown in Australia. I saw ten minutes of it. My dad rented Spawn thinking it was the live action version and it was the cartoon instead. Needless to say my dad turned it off rather quickly when he discovered his error stick out tongue

Kazenji
Some more news from Todd McFarlane

http://www.joblo.com/movie-news/which-academy-award-winning-actor-is-attached-to-play-spawn-in-the-upcoming-reboot

Patient_Leech
Hm.. I'm not a big Cuba Gooding fan, but hey, if he wants it and will get it made, then god bless 'im.

Kazenji
Denzel Washington would be different, He hasn't done one of these comic book movies.

Patient_Leech
Denzel would be much better.

quanchi112
Denzel is a great actor and just by association he makes a movie better.

the ninjak
Never even seen the cartoon when it was out, Unless it never got shown in Australia.

Watch it. The first season dragged a bit but in the end it was as edgy as a dark superhero show gets.

And to illustrate my earlier point. There is no way the censors would have allowed a live action version of that anime onto the public. Especially considering the money involved to make the film/films.

I liked the original movie, but then I like watching old fashioned films with their cheesy SFX. And michael jai white did a great job as he tends to do.

I hope they make a new spawn soon. With MJW reprising the role. Denzel is a bad idea. Maybe it's just because I just saw Flight, he's looking too old for such a role.

0mega Spawn
Black action stars are virtually non existant
So Mjw would probably be their choice

Whatever hapened to that djimon hounsou
He would be a good spawn

Newjak
I think Denzel would make a great Spawn.

0mega Spawn
Why? Hes old and not at all intimidating
Great actor though

Kazenji
Originally posted by 0mega Spawn
Great actor though

Not intimidating

never seen that Man on fire?

Esau Cairn
Not intimidating

never seen that Man on fire?

He played an alcoholic driven by revenge.
Not the same type of "intimidation" for Spawn IMO.

0mega Spawn
^^^

Estacado
So there are rumors that Jamie Foxx will play Spawn/Al Simmons.

marwash22
Hes not at all intimidating

Training Day
American Gangster

that said, no; he's old af and just doesn't fit the part.

super pr*xy
i don't think jaimie foxx got the height.. he's like 5'9"..

Patient_Leech
Hmm... I'd really like to see a good reboot of this, and I like Jamie Foxx, but I'd rather not see him as Spawn. Let's let a white guy take a stab at it, lol. Somebody like Chris Hemsworth or something. I actually saw a guy in one of those annoying YouTube videos suggest a few people and I think one of them was Nathan Fillion. He'd be a great choice. I think another one was Dwayne Johnson.

Oh, shit: Michael Fassbender would be awesome.

Mindset
Great actor though You haven't seen the right roles of his if you think he can't be intimidating.

But he is too old.

Esau Cairn
What happened to the rumours that Dwayne was geared up to play Lobo?

Mindset
Hmm... I'd really like to see a good reboot of this, and I like Jamie Foxx, but I'd rather not see him as Spawn. Let's let a white guy take a stab at it, lol. Somebody like Chris Hemsworth or something. I actually saw a guy in one of those annoying YouTube videos suggest a few people and I think one of them was Nathan Fillion. He'd be a great choice. I think another one was Dwayne Johnson.

Oh, shit: Michael Fassbender would be awesome. There are few black comic characters...let's keep them that way.

And The Rock is in no way white.

Also, Nathan Fillion...Fassbender, come on.

Kazenji
Without going down the racist path, I Dislike them changing the colour of the person just for the movie

should only do it when there's a white/Black of that person in the comics.

The_Tempest
If we're going for intimidating, we gotta go with Anthony Hopkins. Or Bruce Willis.

Age is only a number, folks.

Mindset
Your face is only a number.

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by Mindset
Also, Nathan Fillion...Fassbender, come on.

C'mon what? They're good actors.

Mindset
C'mon what? They're good actors. Cool, they would make horrible Spawns.

Estacado

Oh, shit: Michael Fassbender would be awesome.
Yeah sure...how about making Batman black in the next movie?

Esau Cairn
Originally posted by Estacado
Yeah sure...how about making Batman black in the next movie?

Well there actually is a black Batman, a Chinese one & a Mexican one
currently in comics.

But yeah...they don't really work.

Estacado
Current Spawn is white however but since its a reboot.....

Kazenji
Jamie Foxx is Aggressively Pursuing the role

http://spinoff.comicbookresources.com/2013/07/26/amazing-spider-man-2-star-jamie-foxx-is-aggressively-pursuing-spawn-movie/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Patient_Leech
That's cool. Jaime Foxx could be cool. I like him, but he's just so recognizable. Was thinking someone more obscure would be better, but it will probably require a big star to get made anyway. More power to him. I hope he and McFarlane can make it happen.

Darth Martin
I cringe whenever people say make James Bond black. That's like making Shaft white. Just no.

Kazenji
According to Todd McFarlane production likely to begin next year on a new movie

http://spinoff.comicbookresources.com/2013/08/26/todd-mcfarlane-says-new-spawn-movie-will-mix-thrills-and-horror/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

marwash22
Originally posted by Darth Martin
I cringe whenever people say make James Bond black. That's like making Shaft white. Just no. where is this coming from?

also, Bond is a British agent... ethnicity isn't essential to his background, only nationality, and that's not even all that essential since the best Bond wasn't even British.

Kazenji
Originally posted by marwash22
where is this coming from?

also, Bond is a British agent... ethnicity isn't essential to his background, only nationality, and that's not even all that essential since the best Bond wasn't even British.

Bond is actually Scottish anyway, So with them going with Sean Connery the first time is spot on....Even says so in the novels

and also Bond was based on Fleming's life style.....so yeah stick with being white.

marwash22
what does his life style have to do with his ethnicity?

Lestov16
I am black, and I think they should keep Bond white. Do you think Batman should be black too? Steve Rogers as well? Just let characters keep their ethnicities. If you change them, all it will do is call attention to their ethnicity and make them a walking racial banner rather than a character. If you want a black Bond, create a story with a black guy who is just as cool as James Bond.

Kazenji
Originally posted by Lestov16
Do you think Batman should be black too?

There is a black Batman but its not Bruce Wayne

http://www.comicvine.com/batwing/4005-77559/

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Darth Martin
I cringe whenever people say make James Bond black. That's like making Shaft white. Just no.

well Bond will be black.. lolololol well technically British black as Idris Elba was rumored to take over once Daniel Craig was done

besides we already had a black Bond, ya know XXX with Vin and then Ice Cube

Originally posted by Lestov16
I am black, and I think they should keep Bond white. Do you think Batman should be black too? Steve Rogers as well? Just let characters keep their ethnicities. If you change them, all it will do is call attention to their ethnicity and make them a walking racial banner rather than a character. If you want a black Bond, create a story with a black guy who is just as cool as James Bond.

well Batman will be black once Affleck ruins it then Chadwick Boseman will take over.. lol

back on topic, I liked the first Spawn only for the visual effects.. this new version should a good story, decent acting, good villain and a good costume for Spawn

marwash22
Batman (the real Batman) is one person in the comics, and only one person, Bruce Wayne. I'd be fine with Batman being black, as long is it's not Bruce Wayne... some other (black) dude taking up the mantle of Batman, cool.

Conversely, Bond is NOT one person, so casting a black actor in the role hurts nothing.

jinXed by JaNx
Isn't Craig reprising his role, anyway?

I'm really not sure how to feel about this, Spawn reboot. I guess i'm worried that, Mcfarlane is trying to make a profitable film franchise rather than see that the fans interpretation of his original character is realized respectively. I'm not opposed to a change as long as it's genuine.

Impediment
Todd McFarlane needs to get off of his ass and make this reboot happen.

I watched Spawn last night for the first time in forever and it still sucks.

Idris Elba would make an awesome Al Simmons. F*ck Jamie Foxx.

The film, apparently, is in development Hell.

marwash22
i really like Idris Elba, but he's too often the go to name whenever the conversation turns to casting a black character in a superhero/action movie... he's becoming another Ryan Reynolds. Give someone else a shot, preferably someone younger than Idris.

Stealth Moose
Idris Elba has a lot of talent though. Not that Jamie doesn't, but I don't see him selling a superhero movie.

jinXed by JaNx
I think Jamie Fox is to big of a name to play, Spawn.

marwash22
Originally posted by jinXed by JaNx
I think Jamie Fox is to big of a name to play, Spawn. http://i.imgur.com/pauLLHp.jpg

erm

BruceSkywalker
I think Jamie Fox is to big of a name to play, Spawn.

unless he has a great turn as Electro then he would be a major mistake..

i am also hoping for this reboot to be a little more dark and have lots of good violence

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
i am also hoping for this reboot to be a little more dark and have lots of good violence
thumb up

Lestov16
By the time this movie gets made, Jamie Foxx will be dead.

jinXed by JaNx
unless he has a great turn as Electro then he would be a major mistake..

I think he would make for a fine, Spawn. I just think there would be better choices. Although, i'm sure his name power would do quite a lot for production. The last time I heard read anything from, Mcfarlane on this he wanted to take Spawn in a completely different direction. Personally, I'm with you. I just want to see a better script and a darker tone.

Patient_Leech
I just think there would be better choices. Although, i'm sure his name power would do quite a lot for production.

Exactly. His star power would be great for marketing. From the man who played a badass slave, Ray Charles, and Wanda... we bring you SPAWN.

http://www.xmfan.com/files/jamie_foxx_-_wanda_154.jpg

Wanda from In Living Color

lol

steverules_2
F*ck that's hot no expression

Esau Cairn
With all the other major super hero movies set in the present day...I'd like to maybe see Spawn set in Medieval times "as a complete change of direction."

Patient_Leech
...I'd like to maybe see Spawn set in Medieval times "as a complete change of direction."
Game of Spones? Or Spawn of Thrones??

Esau Cairn
Spawn vs The Knights Of Ni.

0mega Spawn
With all the other major super hero movies set in the present day...I'd like to maybe see Spawn set in Medieval times "as a complete change of direction."
Forgive me but that would be incredibly ****ing stupid.

1.Al Simmons, the spawn we all know and love was black.
2.Spawn uses various firearms to not deplete his powers
3. Others Spawn characters are shyt...so no dark ages

Esau Cairn
Forgive me but that would be incredibly ****ing stupid.

Well judging by your namesake, you're obviously a bigger fan & more well-versed in Spawn.

I remember the movie having alot of potential but being such a dark character (no pun intended), the general public knew little of Spawn & audiences were mixed in judgement about the movie.
There was no clear line of good vs evil but more on choosing the lesser evil of characters portrayed.

I also remember the comics. Macfarlane is a great artist but lousy writer/story teller. He had a bad habit of sacrificing plot by constantly introducing more characters.

As you pointed out Spawn uses firearms so as not to deplete his powers....so wouldn't an ancient setting be more challenging for him not to turn to the dark side without the use of modern weapons?

Kazenji
They've also done a Medieval spawn in the comics

http://www.comicvine.com/medieval-spawn/4005-49087/

Esau Cairn

This is what I based my opinion on.

Omega Spawn must think Macfarlane's ideas are F-ing stupid too.

Kazenji
He thinks alot of things are ****en stupid

he was going on about character's haircuts in the 'X-Men: Days of Future Past' thread, Of all the things that mattered that one stood out for him the most erm

0mega Spawn

Like i said no dark ages spawn...
Why cast aside the most prominent spawn for a character found in wayyy less appearances, and fanbase?
He thinks alot of things are ****en stupid

he was going on about character's haircuts in the 'X-Men: Days of Future Past' thread, Of all the things that mattered that one stood out for him the most erm
Hell yeah that stands out to me. Im a barber for gods sake

And what you are referring to is my comments on bishops SHITTY WIG erm

Kazenji
Shows where your priorities are.

0mega Spawn
Shows where your priorities are.
Yeah a profitable and satisfying film...

0mega Spawn
Your problem kazenji, is that you open wide when presented with the feces Hollywood wants to shove down your throat

Stealth Moose
Your problem kazenji, is that you open wide when presented with the feces Hollywood wants to shove down your throat

http://omgface.com/z/umad_1355850447.jpg

0mega Spawn
Originally posted by Stealth Moose
http://omgface.com/z/umad_1355850447.jpg
???
Man that's so funny no expression

Especially when looking at the fact im just pointing out the fact he willingly accepts lazy Hollywood bs.

But you probably already knew that.

Esau Cairn

Especially when looking at the fact im just pointing out the fact he willingly accepts lazy Hollywood bs.

And yet... you want another generic caped superhero armed with generic guns set in generic present day,battling yet another generic enemy that threatens to take over or destroy the world.
roll eyes (sarcastic)

0mega Spawn
I dont remember saying i wanted a generic film.
I do remember saying i think it'd be more successful if they'd stick with the best spawn...
Even with the worst writers ever it'd be quite a feat to make spawn a generic hero movie no expression
How many superhero movies features a undead mercenaries bonded to demonic symbiotes? Hell al simmons would be the like 4th black superhero with the main character being black including himself by MJW laughing out loud

BruceSkywalker
isn't kevin hart up for the role???

HAHAHAHAHA

Esau Cairn
I dont remember saying i wanted a generic film.
I do remember saying i think it'd be more successful if they'd stick with the best spawn...
Even with the worst writers ever it'd be quite a feat to make spawn a generic hero movie no expression
How many superhero movies features a undead mercenaries bonded to demonic symbiotes? Hell al simmons would be the like 4th black superhero with the main character being black including himself by MJW laughing out loud

I'm just commenting on yer "lazy Hollywood BS."
Regardless of how big budget or how much profit a film makes, Hollywood still, will always follow the "lazy guaranteed, if not politically correct, formula."

I mean "undead mercenaries bonded to demonic symbiotes" just translates to zombie soldiers on screen...that's enough explanation needed for the general public....not to mention toy merchandise.

The only other closest movie character adaptation to Spawn dealing with Heaven/Hell themes was Constantine & we all know how much Hollywood tamed & botched that storyline up.

Kazenji
That's why they need someone with the balls not to screw around with those things

only person i think that would be able to handle Spawn or Constantine would be Guillermo del Toro imo.

Kazenji
Todd McFarlane will be sharing some news tomorrow for the new movie on his FB page.

Kazenji
So the big thing Todd McFarlane had to say was he has Blumhouse Production's backing the new Spawn movie

Todd still wants to direct it, I'm not having much faith there after the last time a comic book writer attempted to make a movie we got 'The Spirit'

hoping Todd has more luck then what Frank did.

Patient_Leech
only person i think that would be able to handle Spawn or Constantine would be Guillermo del Toro imo.

Guillermo del Toro Spawn would be sick! eek!

Yeah, I saw that McFarlane had some live video with Kevin Smith but I didn't have a chance to watch it. So the film has backing now? That's the big news?

And yeah, no one will be excited about him directing it.. :/

Kazenji
Like i said in my previous post, I'm not having much faith there after the last time a comic book writer attempted to make a movie we got 'The Spirit'

but here's hoping Todd has more luck then what Frank Miller did.

Esau Cairn

but here's hoping Todd has more luck then what Frank Miller did.

Personally I give Miller more respect for the balls of at least trying to direct.
It's not an easy job...suffice to say he can add directing to his portfolio.

John Murdoch
Personally I give Miller more respect for the balls of at least trying to direct.

The Spirit was a terrible movie, but agreed here, and I'll give Robert Rodriguez some major credit for resigning from the Directors Guild of America over crediting Miller for Sin City.

BruceSkywalker
i just want this to be filed with blood and guts and a good story

Flyattractor
i just want this to be filed with blood and guts and a good story

Asking for both might be a bit MUCH!

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Flyattractor
Asking for both might be a bit MUCH!

no ... it better have them..

why you care though???

hahahahahahahaqha

Flyattractor
no ... it better have them..

why you care though???

hahahahahahahaqha

Because I was a Bit of a Spawn Fan back in the day.... Got the Movie and HBO Toon DVDS in the next room....CAN YOU SAY THAT!?

mad

BruceSkywalker
Because I was a Bit of a Spawn Fan back in the day.... Got the Movie and HBO Toon DVDS in the next room....CAN YOU SAY THAT!?

mad

lol everybody who loves Spawn has that..

hahahahaha

Flyattractor
lol everybody who loves Spawn has that..

hahahahaha

So that is a NO I take it then?

Patient_Leech
Got the Movie and HBO Toon DVDS in the next room.

Doesn't it go against your Judeo Christian values there, Fly?

Shame on you. evil face

Flyattractor
Doesn't it go against your Judeo Christian values there, Fly?

Shame on you. evil face

At least I have values, you dirty hippy heathen.

smokin'

BruceSkywalker
So that is a NO I take it then?

the film will be rated R i believe... Will you need someone to see the film with you so you don;t scared

hahahahaha

Flyattractor
the film will be rated R i believe... Will you need someone to see the film with you so you don;t scared

hahahahaha

Only if it is over 2 hours long.

BruceSkywalker
Only if it is over 2 hours long.

stay home hahaha

Flyattractor
I will watch it on Starz at your house.

Kazenji

He's also a hypocrite

*****'s and moan's how Hollywood messed with his Robocop 2 & 3 scripts. Yet he goes ahead and changes The Spirit to look like Sin City.

Flyattractor
Robocp 2 would have been a way better film if they had come up with a diff ending.

BruceSkywalker

the neighborhood don't allow strangers

Patient_Leech
laughing out loud

Ascendancy
Originally posted by John Murdoch
The Spirit was a terrible movie, but agreed here, and I'll give Robert Rodriguez some major credit for resigning from the Directors Guild of America over crediting Miller for Sin City.

Ah, I guess that would explain why the follow-ups were lacking so heavily.

Mindset
At least I have values, you dirty hippy heathen.

smokin' lol

John Murdoch
Originally posted by Ascendancy
Ah, I guess that would explain why the follow-ups were lacking so heavily.

Ya, his one man film crew approach sure didn't pay off so much with Machete 1 & 2 as well as A Dame to Kill For. Not sure how much the DGA departure had to do with it, but I'm guessing it didn't help.

Kazenji
The film to be more R-rated then Deadpool

https://www.newsarama.com/36765-spawn-to-begin-filming-in-february-be-more-r-rated-than-deapdool-says-mcfarlane.html

Flyattractor

https://www.newsarama.com/36765-spawn-to-begin-filming-in-february-be-more-r-rated-than-deapdool-says-mcfarlane.html

That shouldn't be to hard to pull off. DP was a pretty Soft R TBH.

Kazenji
I just hope it all works out for Todd in the end.

Flyattractor
Todd is an A-Hole at times. So Who gives an F about him.

Kazenji
Clearly you don't.

Patient_Leech

No one cares if it's "more R-rated than Deadpool" (whatever the hell that means). Just make a good movie.

Flyattractor
Clearly you don't.

Damn Straight Skippy. NO Talent Hack should still be working at the Diaper Cleaning Service.

eek!

Kazenji
Todd McFarland had a chat with ComicBook.com about the movie

sounds like he's doing something different with the superhero movie for the first movie that he has planned

all the typical stuff that we see in them these days, Them staying at their HQ and having villains. They won't be in the first movie, Wants to introduce them overtime in sequels if it gets there.

Patient_Leech
^ Yeah, he mentioned a while ago that he's going for a different approach. I still don't know what he means. Seems like he's being unnecessarily cryptic about it.

Kazenji
The Spawn role being offered to Jamie Foxx

https://www.newsarama.com/39760-spawn-role-offered-to-jamie-foxx-report.html

Impediment
The Spawn role being offered to Jamie Foxx

https://www.newsarama.com/39760-spawn-role-offered-to-jamie-foxx-report.html

Could be worse. They could have called Dave Chappelle.

gauntlet o doom
I took an ex to see this movie when it was first released. Thinking back now I think I should apologise to her.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Impediment

nah Ice Cube

Khazra Reborn
I'm still waiting for the 2005 Animated series, that was supposedly 100% completed 10 years ago. If McFarlane actually makes this happen, I'll eat a shoe.

Patient_Leech

Tracy Morgan would be perfect. thumb up

Impediment
Jamie Foxx is Spawn.

Flyattractor
........................???

BruceSkywalker
Jamie Foxx is Spawn.

not the biggest jamie foxx fan but hoping he does Spawn justice

Kazenji
Sounds like Fly doesn't know who Jamie Foxx is, No surprise there.

Flyattractor
Oh I know who Jamie is. I just think there may be better choices for Spawn.

So Go SUCK On a Living Color Stick You Little Hate Bag Filled Beeotch!

Kazenji
Jeremy Renner could be joining the film as Twitch Williams

https://screenrant.com/jeremy-renner-spawn-movie-reboot-twitch-williams/

DarthPlaguis12

Kazenji
Of course you don't....until a trailer gets released.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>