Top ten jedi

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

mnat801
Who's the top 10 jedi in your opinion and why?

Personally I think the best overall jedi is Obi-wan Kenobi, as he is a highly skilled swordsman, talented force user, excellent pilot, a tactical war strategist and an effective diplomat. He's also very intelligent, humble, and fights for the better good.

But with regards to accomplishments, skill and who is the superior duelist, here's my list:

1. Yoda - Arguably the most skilled warrior in terms of mastery of both lightsaber combat and force abilities. Stood out from most jedi with his wisdom and exceptionally rare set of skills, such as deflecting force lightning and seeing into the future. Able to hold his own against Sideous and also Dooku.

2. Count Dooku - The jedi order's most vauable student as quoted by Yoda himself. A very powerful force user and intimidating with a lightsaber. He was able to take down Kenobi and Anakin, as well as holding his own against Yoda all in one sitting. He did this as an old man, so imagine him younger and at his peak. A suggestion to why he was so effective against jedi opponents could be because of his makashi form of lightsaber combat, which is a specialization of lightsaber to lightsaber combat.

3. Mace Windu - A wise and strong minded jedi who is considered as one of the most powerful jedi, and believed to be on par with Dooku and even Yoda. Was able to defeat Sideous, although this is questionable. I personally think that in the ROTS period, Windu could defeat Dooku, however this mainly due to the fact that Dooku is very old at this time. However imo Dooku in his peak would defeat Windu in his peak.

4. - Obi Wan Kenobi - A powerful and loyal jedi master. Defeated Maul with the help of Qui Gon while still a padawan. Defeated Grevious and Vader/Anakin.

5. Anakin Skywalker - A powerful jedi with excellent lightsaber skills. Had potential to become the most powerful jedi ever. He was the best pilot in the order, and a motivational leader. The reason why I rank him lower than Kenobi is because at times he makes reckless decisions, and was defeated by Kenobi on Mustafar because of this.

6. Qui Gon Jinn - Was the padawan of Dooku and Master of Kenobi which speaks for itself. Main reason for ranking 6th is for his wisdom and he lasted long against Maul, who had been trained all his life by Sideous. Had he survived against Maul, I'd say he would have made a big impact on the war effort in favour of the republic.

The rest of the list is really a coin toss, but here goes...

7. Plo Koon

8. Kit Fisto

9. Ki Adi Mundi

10. Luminara Unduli

C-3POTheClever
I'd say Anakin was more poweful than Obi Wan.

C-3POTheClever
Sorry... I didn't read your description on Anakin when I posted my first comment.

mnat801
Originally posted by C-3POTheClever
Sorry... I didn't read your description on Anakin when I posted my first comment. That's fine. smile

axel_jovan
Originally posted by mnat801

5. Anakin Skywalker - A powerful jedi with excellent lightsaber skills. Had potential to become the most powerful jedi ever. He was the best pilot in the order, and a motivational leader. The reason why I rank him lower than Kenobi is because at times he makes reckless decisions, and was defeated by Kenobi on Mustafar because of this.
If we're to get technical, Obi-Wan never defeated Anakin...he defeated Vader though.

On the other hand RotS Anakin defeated Dooku, so I'd switch Kenobi's and Anakin's places on the list.

mnat801
Originally posted by axel_jovan
If we're to get technical, Obi-Wan never defeated Anakin...he defeated Vader though.

On the other hand RotS Anakin defeated Dooku, so I'd switch Kenobi's and Anakin's places on the list. Anakin/Vader - still the same person.

Jedi Sheriff
IMO, Anakin only became Vader when the helmet was put in place.

focus4chumps
Originally posted by Jedi Sheriff
IMO, Anakin only became Vader when the helmet was put in place.

as a matter of fact, you're opinion is wrong.

C-3POTheClever
IMO, Anakin only became Vader when the helmet was put in place. That's not true! He became Vader as soon as was given the name "Darth Vader" by the emperor.

Jedi Sheriff
That's why I said IMO.

Lord Lucien
He became Vader as soon as he beheaded an unarmed prisoner just because he wanted vengeance and Palpatine ordered him too. Classic Vader.

focus4chumps
That's why I said IMO.

its not a matter of opinion. darth vader became darth vader when palpatine named him darth vader.

Jedi Sheriff
Originally posted by focus4chumps
its not a matter of opinion. darth vader became darth vader when palpatine named him darth vader.

It's about perspective. For me, Darth Vader is the mask and the voice. Without those, I just class him as bad Anakin. I understand where you're coming from, it's just a personal thing of mine.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.