Beta Ray Bill Vs Orion (HTH only)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Golgo13
http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/3/30665/646910-beta_ray_bill__2__large.jpg

vs

http://i1245.photobucket.com/albums/gg587/golgi7777/oriondarkseid122qy.jpg

abhilegend
Orion

Diesldude
Orion.

Lord Feron
Bill puts up a decent fight but he would need his hammer to beat Orion.

celeyhyga17
Bill is a highly skilled h2h combatant, but Orion is one of the best if not the best of his peeps. He takes this.

carver9
Bill wins. Stronger and more durable.

celeyhyga17
Originally posted by carver9

That's a negative.

carver9
Originally posted by celeyhyga17
That's a negative.

Based off fts, its the truth.

comicfan11
The Dog of War

the Darkone
Orion is more Thor level character, Orion doesn't hold back. BRB is one bad mofo, Orion will school him in h2h, not saying BRB wont make him earned it, it just that Orion is that good. If this was Orion vs Thor it would be 50/50!!

ODG
^ But Beta Ray Bill defeated Thor in h2h combat. This idea that Orion=Thor > BRB in h2h doesnt really make sense.

guy222
brb

celeyhyga17
Originally posted by ODG
^ But Beta Ray Bill defeated Thor in h2h combat. This idea that Orion=Thor > BRB in h2h doesnt really make sense.
When was this?

the Darkone
Originally posted by ODG

I didn't say that for one, IMO Orion is better fighting mad than BRB, Thor and Orion are very similar in some ways, and feel that they are better fighters than BRB, even though BRb did beat Thor, which the environment was chosen by Odin to give BRB an edge. BRB is more aggressive than Thor, but not a better fighter per say IMO, Orion is more skilled than BRB so is Thor. I feel BRB will get at least 4/10 against Orion!!!

-Pr-
Based off fts, its the truth.

Only if you count Bill's feats.

celeyhyga17
Originally posted by the Darkone
I didn't say that for one, IMO Orion is better fighting mad than BRB, Thor and Orion are very similar in some ways, and feel that they are better fighters than BRB, even though BRb did beat Thor, which the environment was chosen by Odin to give BRB an edge. BRB is more aggressive than Thor, but not a better fighter per say IMO, Orion is more skilled than BRB so is Thor. I feel BRB will get at least 4/10 against Orion!!! Yup. If that's the fight in question, I can't count it since Thor was basically set up to lose. BRB had the advantage of the setting.

psycho gundam
When was this? the second comic of his on-panel career

zeel

embarrasment

tkitna
Good fight. Maybe to close to call. I'll Give Orion a slight advantage for 6/10 win.

ODG
Originally posted by the Darkone
I didn't say that for one, IMO Orion is better fighting mad than BRB, Thor and Orion are very similar in some ways, and feel that they are better fighters than BRB, even though BRb did beat Thor, which the environment was chosen by Odin to give BRB an edge. BRB is more aggressive than Thor, but not a better fighter per say IMO, Orion is more skilled than BRB so is Thor. I feel BRB will get at least 4/10 against Orion!!! I may have pulled that "heat revived Bill" security blanket myself once upon a time, but I dont think the so-called advantage was concrete or even meaningful. BRB was avoiding the magical lava just as much as Thor was. And I certainly dont remember the writer even slightly hinting that Odin even even planned the battle with such so-called advantage in mind.

In my opinion, Thor lost straight up to his equal or better in h2h.

the Darkone
Originally posted by ODG
I may have pulled that "heat revived Bill" security blanket myself once upon a time, but I dont think the so-called advantage was concrete or even meaningful. BRB was avoiding the magical lava just as much as Thor was. And I certainly dont remember the writer even slightly hinting that Odin even even planned the battle with such so-called advantage in mind.

I remember it was stated, that it favored BRB to give a fighting chance, BRB barely won himself, he just came too himself before Thor did, on neutral field Thor works him, it will still be the same as if he fights Orion, BRB will pull at least 4/10, all out I give BRB the edge.

celeyhyga17
Originally posted by ODG
I may have pulled that "heat revived Bill" security blanket myself once upon a time, but I dont think the so-called advantage was concrete or even meaningful. BRB was avoiding the magical lava just as much as Thor was. And I certainly dont remember the writer even slightly hinting that Odin even even planned the battle with such so-called advantage in mind.

U should still pull that off since Bill himself stated that the heat revived him. stick out tongue The very next issue I remember he confesses to Thor that he was born in a place very similar (extreme heat) and that he could not have won the fight if Odin had chosen another setting. The writer clearly hinted that Odin planned the battle with this advantage because Bill also added by telling Thor his father chose the setting. Thor then questions Bill and admits to him that Odin usually is very subtle and always has a hidden purpose.

Going back to the fight, Bill never really beat Thor since he clearly admitted to having an advantage. Just eyeballing the fight, Thor still seemed to have the upper hand for most of the fight. Remember the battle ended when both collided with and impact so hard it destroyed the surrounding countryside. The impact resulted in a double KO from which Bill recovered faster because of the heat.

"Id"
http://www.deviantart.com/download/170648275/Orion_Vs__Beta_Ray_Bill_by_JHarren.jpg

psycho gundam
BRB doesn't run away from his opponent, he runs TO his opponent

ODG
The very next issue I remember he confesses to Thor that he was born in a place very similar (extreme heat) and that he could not have won the fight if Odin had chosen another setting. If you have a scan of that, by all means post it. I remember no such thing.

celeyhyga17
Originally posted by ODG
If you have a scan of that, by all means post it. I remember no such thing.

This is from your respect thread. Bill said "the heat revives me" after their double KO.
http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Thor%20Fights/ThorvsBetaRayBill05.jpg

We later learn that it really did help revive him from his admission to Thor that he was born in a place not so different and that he would not have won such a close fight if it took place other than where Odin sent them.
http://i1238.photobucket.com/albums/ff492/twinzeeto/Thor%20Respect/Thor_v1_339_p07.jpg

the Darkone
This is from your respect thread. Bill said "the heat revives me" after their double KO.
http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Thor%20Fights/ThorvsBetaRayBill05.jpg

We later learn that it really did help revive him from his admission to Thor that he was born in a place not so different and that he would not have won such a close fight if it took place other than where Odin sent them.
http://i1238.photobucket.com/albums/ff492/twinzeeto/Thor%20Respect/Thor_v1_339_p07.jpg

Case closed, BRB admitted he would've lost to Thor if the fight took place anywhere else, so BRB actually defeating Thor in that contest was myth, if anything it was a draw. This fight fight favor Orion, since he does have healing factor and more skilled, Orion will win the majority but BRB will steal at least four!!

"Id"
Regardless it was s close fight.

You match these two in unarmed combat it will always be a close fight. Like Manny vs Marquez close.

Oh and Marquez is totally phucking up Manny this December.

Galan007
Bill was not yet amped/enchanted by Odin when he fought Thor, was he?

Newjak
What if Bill goes Critical in the fight like he did in his war on Galactus?

"Id"
Originally posted by Galan007
No.

the Darkone

No, after when Odin presented him Stormbreaker, still it was a good showing for BRB, I am taking what BRB said if it was anywhere he would have lost, it does take luck to win a close fight even if the environment favors you.

Galan007
Originally posted by Newjak
What if Bill goes Critical in the fight like he did in his war on Galactus? Bill requires Skuttlebutt to decouple him. If he were decoupled, however, he'd trounce the phuck out of Orion.

carver9
Bill requires Skuttlebutt to decouple him. If he were decoupled, however, he'd trounce the phuck out of Orion.

It wouldn't be fair. In that form, would you put Bill around low to mid trans?

Galan007
Most likely. He did better against the I'than armada than both Surfer and Stardust combined.

Newjak
Bill requires Skuttlebutt to decouple him. If he were decoupled, however, he'd trounce the phuck out of Orion. I forgot about that stick out tongue

carver9
Most likely. He did better against the I'than armada than both Surfer and Stardust combined.

Are you talking about the scene where he saved Galactus life from the armada?If so, I agree.

celeyhyga17

It was his bionically/biologically enhanced base self. Looked to me he was more on the defensive for most of the fight, but was able to hang with Thor nontheless. He's definitely legit class 100 even without the Stormbreaker upgrade.

Galan007
Are you talking about the scene where he saved Galactus life from the armada?If so, I agree. Ya.

It was his bionically/biologically enhanced base self. Looked to me he was more on the defensive for most of the fight, but was able to hang with Thor nontheless. He's definitely legit class 100 even without the Stormbreaker upgrade. thumb up

celeyhyga17
Orion still wins btw... smokin'

carver9
No he doesn't.

the Darkone
Orion wins, more skilled, better healing factor, fights better when angry! I see Beta Ray Bill winning at least 4/10

dmills
It wouldn't be fair. In that form, would you put Bill around low to mid trans?

Oh man there you are. I thought I'd lost ya buddy!

LOL.

So how about it bro? Namor runs the gauntlet?!

Powergirl
Supergirl
Nova Prime
Blackbolt

Everyone at full capacity. In any order you want!

carver9
Originally posted by dmills

LOL.

Powergirl
Supergirl
Nova Prime
Blackbolt

Everyone at full capacity. In any order you want!

Lol...really dmills? Did you really just follow me for that?

Newjak

LOL.

Powergirl
Supergirl
Nova Prime
Blackbolt

Everyone at full capacity. In any order you want! Please keep the thread on topic.

dmills
Lol...really dmills? Did you really just follow me for that?

Sure buddy!

Originally posted by Newjak
Please keep the thread on topic.

Orion wins

What do you say carver?!

celeyhyga17
Sure buddy!

Orion wins

What do you say carver?!
funny i didn't see you in the movie Troll. shoulda been in that movie. ure doing quite well as one... carry on.

big grin

"Id"
What makes Orion the superior H2H combatant?

dmills
funny i didn't see you in the movie Troll. shoulda been in that movie. ure doing quite well as one... carry on.

big grin

Lmao! You're not even old enough to remember that movie!

celeyhyga17
Lmao! You're not even old enough to remember that movie!

no.. the new one. the foreign film one. i think it's like swedish or something. it was awesome.

-Pr-
It's Norweigian, iirc.

Orion still wins btw... smokin'

thumb up

celeyhyga17
Originally posted by "Id"
What makes Orion the superior H2H combatant?

his fighting skill is well documented amongst the new godzz. he is usually referred to as their best warrior. basically he's got mad skillz. just accept it.

"Id"
his fighting skill is well documented amongst the new godzz. he is usually referred to as their best warrior. basically he's got mad skillz. just accept it.

Word of mouth? Seriously?srsly

celeyhyga17
Word of mouth? Seriously?srsly

how is it word of mouth when they all think the same way? do you really want me to post scans? he gots mad skillz...

"Id"
how is it word of mouth when they all think the same way?
Look If I wanted an oral reference, I would ask for it.
do you really want me to post scans?

Ya

Golgo13
how is it word of mouth when they all think the same way? do you really want me to post scans? he gots mad skillz...

Didnt he best Valkyrie in combat? She was said to be the best martial artist in the universe.

carver9

Lol...

-Pr-
So character statements are okay, only as long as they support Bill... Interesting.

h1a8
If Orion = Superman in strength then Orion>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Bill in strength
But if Superman (non holding back) >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Orion in strength then I'm ok with Bill=Orion in strength.
But certainly Bill is not stronger than Orion.

carver9
Originally posted by -Pr-
So character statements are okay, only as long as they support Bill... Interesting.

I'm guessing this wasn't towards me?

celeyhyga17
Look If I wanted an oral reference, I would ask for it.

Ya
muthaf... Fine.

Setting: Orion has just come back from the Source after a long period of time. He doubts himself and is unsre if he is still the same warrior. His teacher Valkyria(trainer extraordinaire) proceeds to make sure if he's still got it! And yes, he's still got it. This is just a small sample of his supreme skill. Oh btw, they fought in a gravity well fer cryin out loud!
http://i1238.photobucket.com/albums/ff492/twinzeeto/Orion/jkfw-07-16.jpg
http://i1238.photobucket.com/albums/ff492/twinzeeto/Orion/jkfw-07-17.jpg
http://i1238.photobucket.com/albums/ff492/twinzeeto/Orion/jkfw-07-18.jpg
http://i1238.photobucket.com/albums/ff492/twinzeeto/Orion/jkfw-07-19.jpg

"Id"
Leave out the obscure characters out. Yeah you will probably say Valkyria is in the same league as Big Barda or Wonder Woman. And thats good n all. But its an obscure character none the less, difficult to use a reference point.

From the more main stream characters, who has he fought? Who has he beaten? This feedback, will lessen my ignorance, and give me a better idea Orion of combat ability.

Golgo13
He also went tie to toe with darkseid. Hth.

celeyhyga17
Leave out the obscure characters out. Yeah you will probably say Valkyria is in the same league as Big Barda or Wonder Woman. And thats good n all. But its an obscure character none the less, difficult to use a reference point.

From the more main stream characters, who has he fought? Who has he beaten? This feedback, will lessen my ignorance, and give me a better idea Orion of combat ability.
sigh... everyone knows who he has beaten. u can check the respect thread for that. i'm trying to show you portrayals of skill. Wouldn't you say Orion and Bill are close peers when it comes to str, durability, etc. etc..? with all things being equal, Orion has had better showings of combat skill be it from illustration or clear narration from the writer. One of which I just showed. How about you showing me a pretty good description through illustration or narration of Bill's h2h skill level.

ODG

http://i1238.photobucket.com/albums/ff492/twinzeeto/Thor%20Respect/Thor_v1_339_p07.jpg lol, BRB strokin Thor's bruised ego.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.