Which is more impressive?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carver9
Which ft of strength would be more impressive? If you have the time, rank them.

Ripping pure Adamantium easily.

Planetary strength.

Crushing enchanted Uru.

Halting Juggernauts forward momentum.

Overpowering the enchantment of Thors hammer and lifting it.

Killing a High Herald in a couple of blows (max, 6 blows).

Over powering Odin.

yaadaveyaa
1. overpowering a nourished galactus
2. overpowering the enchantment of thors hammer and lifting it
3. halting juggernauts forward momentum
4. planetary strength
5. killing a high herald in a couple of blows
6. crushing enchanted uru
7. ripping pure adamantium easily

TheGodKiller
Originally posted by carver9
Over powering a nourished Galactus.
thumb up

Endless Mike
The last one

carver9
I edited it. Using Galactus was too easy.

Cogito
Let's break it down.

Adamantium
- The Serpent broke Cap's shield easily enough, which is close enough to primary Adamantium for this comparison. I consider the Serpent to be Trans, tbh, so I'd say that's about a Trans level feat.

Planetary Strength
- Herald level

Crushing Enchanted Uru
- Probably Trans

Halting Juggernaut's Momentum
- With strength? I don't know.

Overpowering Mjolnir's enchantment
- Should require Odin level power, so it should be a Skyfather-level feat. Not sure if any amount of strength though would do the job

Killing a HH within 6 blows
- I'd say that's Skyfather level, at least. We've seen High Heralds take more than 6 blows from Trans and Skyfather level beings, though.

Overpowering a nourished Galactus Odin
- Obviously greater than Skyfather level if Odin is amping

yaadaveyaa
if its just feats of strength thors hammer and then juggs is the top 2 then if galactus is out

carver9
Originally posted by yaadaveyaa
if its just feats of strength thors hammer and then juggs is the top 2 then if galactus is out

Yeah, nothing but pure strength.

dmills

Planetary strength.

Crushing enchanted Uru.

Over powering Odin.

Most of these are redundant. If you can cancel out Mjolnir's enchantment with nothing but pure strength then you can most likely do all of the above.

TheGodKiller
Originally posted by dmills
Most of these are redundant. If you can cancel out Mjolnir's enchantment with nothing but pure strength then you can most likely do all of the above.
Negating a skyfather's enchantment is proof that you can overwhelm a Celestial level Abstract?

Edit: With only pure strength as the OP demands?

Branlor Swift
Hulk did half of them...

Which is more impressive...

Carver...

Nope, I'm out.

TheGodKiller
Originally posted by TheGodKiller
Negating a skyfather's enchantment is proof that you can overwhelm a Celestial level Abstract?

Edit: With only pure strength as the OP demands?
Dang. Just saw carver's edit. Nvm.

Mindship
Which ft of strength would be more impressive?

Planetary strength.
Crushing enchanted Uru.
Over powering Odin. IMHO, being that they're based on enchantments and not physics, lifting Mjolnir and halting Jugg's forward momentum are 'beyond' pure strength and shouldn't be on this list. Having said that...

1. Ripping pure (I assume, primary) adamantium easily. I tend to see adamantium's invulnerability almost as an abstract.
2. Overpowering Odin.
3. Crushing enchanted Uru. Yeah, it's enchanted, but this particular enchantment never struck me as being as strong as the enchantment against lifting the mallet.
4. Killing a high herald in 6 blows or less.
5. Planetary strength.

Galan007
Destroying Wolverine's jacket should have been on the list. Said jacket tanked King Thor's eye-beams, after all (those same eye-beams slagged Wolvie's skeleton AND Cap's shield.)

Proof!:
http://s3d3.turboimagehost.com/t1/13937629_Page015.jpg

TheGodKiller
Originally posted by Galan007
Destroying Wolverine's jacket should have been on the list. Said jacket tanked King Thor's eye-beams, after all (those same eye-beams slagged Wolvie's skeleton AND Cap's shield.)

Proof!:
http://s3d3.turboimagehost.com/t1/13937629_Page015.jpg
Hulk's pants should be in there as well.

dmills
laughing out loud

JakeTheBank
Making your fist unto something of iron.

Mindset
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Making your fist unto something of iron. thumb up

psycho gundam
http://i1099.photobucket.com/albums/g386/psychogundam1/hulkhhh2.jpg

Naija boy
Need to define what is meant by planetary level strength as it is a meaningless term otherwise. Smashing a planet with a punch or series of punches is inferior to moving it out of orbit and even more inferior to smashing it as a side effect of a punch. The differences in these cases are extremely significant (orders of magnitudes of difference) and would affect where it is placed in the ranking.

Odekahn
Originally posted by Mindship
IMHO, being that they're based on enchantments and not physics, lifting Mjolnir and halting Jugg's forward momentum are 'beyond' pure strength and shouldn't be on this list. Having said that...

1. Ripping pure (I assume, primary) adamantium easily. I tend to see adamantium's invulnerability almost as an abstract.
2. Overpowering Odin.
3. Crushing enchanted Uru. Yeah, it's enchanted, but this particular enchantment never struck me as being as strong as the enchantment against lifting the mallet.
4. Killing a high herald in 6 blows or less.
5. Planetary strength.

This.

Horrificus

Planetary strength.

Crushing enchanted Uru.

Over powering Odin. Oh man. wink
What are you up to carver? Hehe.

abhilegend
Depends upon which character you like most. Also who killed a high herald in six blows, thanos certainly didn't do that. Some examples would be

Ripping pure Adamantium easily. Nobody has done that. Its secondary adamantium everytime. In that case morlun class.

Meh.

Nul did that. Oh carv.

laughing out loud

Xenith did that to stormbreaker and mjolnir=stormbreaker.shifty

How about in one punch?

Some random aliens did that.

h1a8

Planetary strength.

Crushing enchanted Uru.

Over powering Odin.
Planetary strength is greatest
Depends on how thick the adamantium is
Overpowering Mjolnir is next
depends on the enchantment behind Uru (king thor>>>>Odin)
halting juggs
killing a high herald in 6 blows
overpowering odin

carver9
Originally posted by abhilegend
Depends upon which character you like most. Also who killed a high herald in six blows, thanos certainly didn't do that. Some examples would be
Nobody has done that. Its secondary adamantium everytime. In that case morlun class.

Meh.

Nul did that. Oh carv.

laughing out loud

How about in one punch?

Some random aliens did that.

Don't act like you know me.

carver9
Originally posted by h1a8
Planetary strength is greatest
Depends on how thick the adamantium is
Overpowering Mjolnir is next
depends on the enchantment behind Uru (king thor>>>>Odin)
halting juggs
killing a high herald in 6 blows
overpowering odin

If a being is planetary in strength, you think they can rip/break Adamantium.?

Mindset
What if it's a planet sized piece of adamantium?

carver9
Originally posted by Mindset
What if it's a planet sized piece of adamantium?

laughing out loud

-Pr-

Sounds like he was right to me.

carver9
Originally posted by -Pr-
Sounds like he was right to me.

No, he was wrong...completely wrong.

-Pr-
No, he was wrong...completely wrong.

if you're saying that, then he must have been right.

Mindset
Pr, stop trolling.

-Pr-
Originally posted by Mindset
Pr, stop trolling.

Don't make me put you in a cage again.

carver9
if you're saying that, then he must have been right.

This thread had nothing to do with Hulk or Thanos.

Mindset
Don't make me put you in a cage again. Reported.

-Pr-
This thread had nothing to do with Hulk or Thanos.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v655/pr1983/gifs/funny-gifs-haha-good-one.gif

Don't even try it.

ODG

Planetary strength.

Crushing enchanted Uru.

Over powering Odin. Thor overpowered Odin once with strength a long long time ago. But it's since been made clear that Odin can treat Thor like a red-headed stepchild if he wants to.

No living being who wasn't worthy has ever lifted Mjolnir with pure strength though.

abhilegend
orly

DarkSaint85

Abhi doesn't understand. Nobody does. I hate you.

KSNKCfxcYvE

nwg202
What objects are made of primay adamantium?

DarkSaint85
Wolverine's skeleton. I THINK the vampire nets, and whatever they chucked at Morlun, would also be primary. If I had to choose, I'd say Morlun's adamantium is more likely to be primary, seeing as he was attacking Wakanda.

carver9
What about Adamantium alloy? If someone bends it, would you consider that as bending primary Adamantium?

DarkSaint85
I would, as long as the adamantium used in the alloy is primary adamantium, I guess.

nwg202
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Wolverine's skeleton. I THINK the vampire nets, and whatever they chucked at Morlun, would also be primary. If I had to choose, I'd say Morlun's adamantium is more likely to be primary, seeing as he was attacking Wakanda.

Well S'ym snapped wolvies claws off. Didn't Nul break a couple adamantium nets when he took on the vamps?

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by nwg202
Well S'ym snapped wolvies claws off. Didn't Nul break a couple adamantium nets when he took on the vamps?

Yah, he did. Whether it was primary or not, I have no idea.

carver9
It's primary Adamantium unless stated otherwise. Hulk wrapped someone up in Adamantium alloy...he also punched Ultron Adamantium body denting it.

DarkSaint85
http://www.pressoblivion.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/09/hulk-300_pg35.jpg

Would you consider the base adamantium?

carver9
I thought it was primary adamantium until One Dumb and Galan proved me wrong. So no, it isn't.

DarkSaint85
I thought it was primary adamantium until One Dumb and Galan proved me wrong. So no, it isn't.

They're pretty good. But why isn't it?

carver9
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
They're pretty good. But why isn't it?

After I posted that scan, Galan came back with a scan showing the Hulk figure (without the base) being made of pure Adamantium. So in order for the base to be Adamantium, we would have to prove it and I don't have anything solid proving it. Now, in the scan you posted, when Hulk grabs the base, thats when the Adamantium is being referenced but again, we would have to prove it (since there is proof that the statue itself is made out of pure Adamantium).

DarkSaint85
6. Ripping pure Adamantium easily.

5. Planetary strength.

1. Crushing enchanted Uru.

4. Halting Juggernauts forward momentum.

1. Overpowering the enchantment of Thors hammer and lifting it.

7. Killing a High Herald in a couple of blows (max, 6 blows).

1. Over powering Odin.

So overpowering Odin, overpowering his enchantments and crushing Uru which has been enchanted by him are top. Then overpowering Cytorrak. Then planetary strength (depends of course on the planet size, and what you meant by planetary level strength - Silver Age Superboy juggling planets?). I place killing a HH as the lowest, because HH is something we on KMC came up with.

pym-ftw
It's primary Adamantium unless stated otherwise.
I think you got it backwards

nwg202
What does planetary strength mean?

Pulling a planet? busting up a planet with your fists? bench pressing a planet?

If you do bust a planet does that automatically mean you can break Ultron in half? (well an Ultron that doesn't fight back at least)

golem370
How about Galactus bring himself Silver Surfer and Dr Strange from a bomb

carver9
Originally posted by pym-ftw
I think you got it backwards

No, I really don't.

abhilegend
No, I really don't.
You did.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Galan007

Proof!:
http://s3d3.turboimagehost.com/t1/13937629_Page015.jpg King Thor was very impressive indeed. Best version of Thor, ever.

psycho gundam
After I posted that scan, Galan came back with a scan showing the Hulk figure (without the base) being made of pure Adamantium. So in order for the base to be Adamantium, we would have to prove it and I don't have anything solid proving it. Now, in the scan you posted, when Hulk grabs the base, thats when the Adamantium is being referenced but again, we would have to prove it (since there is proof that the statue itself is made out of pure Adamantium). I posted that over a year ago

Mindship
How did Alicia carve a statue made of pure adamantium?

Cogito
No, I really don't.

Forgive me for the lack of details, but someone a while ago posted a quote from some Marvel writer who said it's always secondary adamantium unless otherwise stated, and that any instance of adamantium being broken on panel is secondary, not primary.

bluewaterrider

She worked out in her spare time.

Mindship
Originally posted by bluewaterrider
She worked out in her spare time. laughing out loud

And here I thought she had help from Squirrel Girl.

TheGodKiller
ODG revealed that she apparently used a vibranium knife to carve it. The sort of vibranium which destabilizes other metals or some sh1t like that.

psycho gundam
How did Alicia carve a statue made of pure adamantium? Originally posted by psycho gundam
oh yeah

concerning the hulk vs avengers then thor fight where hulk used the adamantium statue, the block underneath was some material other than adamanium.

i have the issue where ben grim presents hulk with the statue after his girlfriend, alicia masters finishes it. the block wasn't there, but the base where the statue's feet are on is there, so it looks like the statue was attached to the slab after like ALL statues are made.

i can provide scans later. Originally posted by psycho gundam
found it:

http://i1099.photobucket.com/albums/g386/psychogundam1/th_ams.jpg

i assume the scenes of her actually working on it might be in an FF comic, though there aren't any asterisks to tell you the specific issue, so i guess you have to take ben grimm's word for it *shrug*.

black panther does employ antarctic vibranium for weaponry so it's not PIS antarctic vibranium (aka "anti-metal"wink liquifies other metals by weakening their molecular bonds, and in weaponized forms like bullets and blades it can go right through adamantium.

maverick, warpath, and black panther use them as weapons, and you have pym using a device that emitted the vibrations from it to damage ultron

carver9
Originally posted by Cogito
Forgive me for the lack of details, but someone a while ago posted a quote from some Marvel writer who said it's always secondary adamantium unless otherwise stated, and that any instance of adamantium being broken on panel is secondary, not primary.

Tom said that ans please don't tell me you take anything he say as some type of evidence.

Mindship
Primary adamantium, secondary adamantium, vibranium...methinks phlebotinum is being overmined.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by psycho gundam
antarctic vibranium (aka "anti-metal"wink liquifies other metals by weakening their molecular bonds, and in weaponized forms like bullets and blades it can go right through adamantium.

maverick, warpath, and black panther use them as weapons, and you have pym using a device that emitted the vibrations from it to damage ultron

Warpath's knives are made out of wakandan vibranium, not anti-metal.

But you're right about Maverick and T'Challa.

-Pr-
Tom said that ans please don't tell me you take anything he say as some type of evidence.

lol. If he'd said the opposite, you'd quote it all the time as "evidence".

KuRuPT Thanosi
Is Abilegend doing is dumb routine again?

abhilegend
^Are you butthurt again?

Damborgson
fight!

zopzop
Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi
Is Abilegend doing is dumb routine again? Originally posted by abhilegend
^Are you butthurt again? Originally posted by Damborgson
fight!
http://graphics.boston.com/images/bostondirtdogs//2004/kungfo.gif
Happy Dance

Damborgson
lol

DarkSaint85
MfX0tIaExmM

Stomp Carter of Mars, I choose you!

carver9
Lol...

janus77
she asked Surfer to give her a little PC? confused

Cogito

It's more evidence than you've got

bobbi
hard to say.

1. Adamantium
2. Enchanted Uru (probably would be pretty close to 1)
3-4. Overpowering odin should be around lifting the hammer since that's overcoming skyfather level enchantments
5. killing a high herald
5. halting juggernaut (tech enhanced hulk did it.)
6. "planetary strength" again very vague but i'd still probably put it down there.

I hope someone brings some actual scans about who's done which are these (or equivalents) though. That'd help a lot. And just a note, just cus we haven't seen adamantium destroyed without matter manipulation, that doesn't necessarily mean it's the hardest to do. It's just rarer that anyone has bothered to try who could do it. I feel thor has been in more situations where the hammer could be destroyed than anyone who routinely carries adamantium around would be in a situation where that can be destroyed. So my 1 and 2 don't really have the best support.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by abhilegend

I know that happened but wasn't that during the period Beta Ray Bill was fused in part with the Power Cosmic, changing both him and Stormbreaker? As such, not really relevant.

Not sure if that was explained in depth as I only read bits and pieces but I specifically recall them both being shocked at her being able to do that. I also remember Throk or lifting it as well, indicating that at that point you only needed to be very strong.

Still, corrupted and weakened by the Power Cosmic or not, no Herald should lift Stormbreaker. This was Star Masters right? Going to go re-read that series.

This is all assuming she overpowered the hammer and wasn't worthy or whatever if that still applied during that era.

abhilegend
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
I know that happened but wasn't that during the period Beta Ray Bill was fused in part with the Power Cosmic, changing both him and Stormbreaker? As such, not really relevant.

Not sure if that was explained in depth as I only read bits and pieces but I specifically recall them both being shocked at her being able to do that. I also remember Throk or lifting it as well, indicating that at that point you only needed to be very strong.

Still, corrupted and weakened by the Power Cosmic or not, no Herald should lift Stormbreaker. This was Star Masters right? Going to go re-read that series.

This is all assuming she overpowered the hammer and wasn't worthy or whatever if that still applied during that era.
No that happened after that arc and in the end of Cosmic Powers Unlimited, BRB was still enchanted by Odin. Throk failed in lifting it. Also it was in cosmic powers/cosmic powers unlimited not starjammers.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.