Black Bolt/Nova Prime vs Supergirl/Powergirl

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carver9
Two of dmills favorite characters vs the Super chicks.

Who wins? No bfring and Pre reboot versions.

Go!!!!

TheGodKiller
Team 1.

abhilegend
Team 1 6/10.

tkitna
Chicks

pym-ftw
Team Bolt

8swords
Team bolt

celeyhyga17
team 2 has a chance if they can take out team 1's biggest weapon quickly (Black Bolt's voice). I still see team 1 getting the majority.

Cogito
Team 2 narrowly

Juntai
Team 2.

dmills
Two of "dmills' favorite characters" huh? Lmao.

abhilegend
Now when I consider the match again, it depends upon whether the girls can take out the king first. Its split or team 2 barely.

bluewaterrider
Black Canary nearly took Supergirl down with her sonic scream when she was TRYING not to hurt Supergirl.

I don't like either Kara's chances if she gets hit with Black Bolt's version of this attack...

dmills
I can't see the King in character busting out The Voice. But then again in character I can't see Richie taking the fight very seriously when he gets a look at PG lol. But if we're just having everyone bust out their best shit from the gate then team one fairly comfortably. Something like 7/10 good hard fights.

As a side bar I still don't get why BB is continually placed in second string matches while people that he has defeated straight up are considered first stringers. Nova I can understand because of a lack of showings vs the elites. But why BB?

carver9
Supergirl and Powergirl are not second stringers based off fts. I know Black Bolt has hung with the best of them, hell, he has the best scared to fight him but that doesn't mean he will walk over every mid Herald that comes his way, especially Super mid Heralds.

dmills
Originally posted by carver9
Supergirl and Powergirl are not second stringers based off fts. I know Black Bolt has hung with the best of them, hell, he has the best scared to fight him but that doesn't mean he will walk over every mid Herald that comes his way, especially Super mid Heralds.

Ok so you'd make a match that featured The Silver Surfer and Thor vs Powergirl and Supergirl? They are second stringers lulz. Powerful no doubt, but not elite.

A lot of characters have excellent feats, but feats isn't the only determining factor in how we look at characters here. As I understand it from the forum rules it essentially breaks down to feats, power set and portrayal/characterization. In no particular order. BB stands tall by all criteria.

bluewaterrider
Black Bolt ... has the best scared to fight him

abhilegend
Originally posted by dmills
I can't see the King in character busting out The Voice. But then again in character I can't see Richie taking the fight very seriously when he gets a look at PG lol. But if we're just having everyone bust out their best shit from the gate then team one fairly comfortably. Something like 7/10 good hard fights.

As a side bar I still don't get why BB is continually placed in second string matches while people that he has defeated straight up are considered first stringers. Nova I can understand because of a lack of showings vs the elites. But why BB?
He is usually considered in namor class with a devastating single attack which can bring down the best of 'em. Namor has done nearly all the things BB has done, beaten hulk, stalemated thor/hercules, stalemated sentry etc. I'm not sure anybody would give namor the win against either of these two.

Glorificus
Team 1 solidly.

celeyhyga17
Originally posted by abhilegend
He is usually considered in namor class with a devastating single attack which can bring down the best of 'em. Namor has done nearly all the things BB has done, beaten hulk, stalemated thor/hercules, stalemated sentry etc. I'm not sure anybody would give namor the win against either of these two.

It's really more because these 2 are a bad matchup for Namor. Kryptonian level heat vision can be quite nasty to a flying brick that loses some effectiveness from diminished contact with moisture. Black Bolt and Nova however do not have this glaring matchup weakness. Team 1 should win this. All they need is a nicely timed whisper or a powerfully woven gravity node.

CosmicComet
Black Bolt is the weak link with his lack of speed.

I'd give Nova the majority of either on team 2 one on one.

Team 2.

dmills

You're prolly the only person that I've ever seen describe Blackbolt as Namor Level lol. Maybe if the king fought like an idiot and basically limited himself to strength on strength or some low level blasting you'd have a point, but all things considered BB would crush Namor. And he wouldn't need his voice to do it.

abhilegend
You're prolly the only person that I've ever seen describe Blackbolt as Namor Level lol. Maybe if the king fought like an idiot and basically limited himself to strength on strength or some low level blasting you'd have a point, but all things considered BB would crush Namor. And he wouldn't need his voice to do it.
In strength bro. That's what he usually does in a fight with some random energy blasts. Using just strength and energy blasts? I strongly disagree.

dmills
In strength bro. That's what he usually does in a fight with some random energy blasts. Using just strength and energy blasts? I strongly disagree.

I acknowledged that point brother. If it's limited to strength and basic blasts sure it'd be a tough fight. But at full capacity? That fight ain't lasting long.

abhilegend
Originally posted by celeyhyga17
It's really more because these 2 are a bad matchup for Namor. Kryptonian level heat vision can be quite nasty to a flying brick that loses some effectiveness from diminished contact with moisture. Black Bolt and Nova however do not have this glaring matchup weakness. Team 1 should win this. All they need is a nicely timed whisper or a powerfully woven gravity node.
I meant in a straight fight with no HV used. The girls can straight up beat these two. I agree on the whisper but not on the gravity part. Kryptonians take on black holes like nothing, its not moonstone we're talking about.

abhilegend
I acknowledged that point brother. If it's limited to strength and basic blasts sure it'd be a tough fight. But at full capacity? That fight ain't lasting long.
Ok.
CIS is on bro, otherwise a CIS off kryptonian is a very dangerous character.

dmills

I hear you, but tbh Namor has been so all over the place with that weakness that nowadays it's more of a token weakness akin to Superman weakness to kryptonite and red sunlight. Clark getting stabbed through the chest with a krptonite weapon, fighting under red sun light while severely weakened etc strain the credibility of those "weaknesses". Likewise Namor tanking a tactical Nuke, strains the believability of any supposed heat weakness.

dmills
Ok.
CIS is on bro, otherwise a CIS off kryptonian is a very dangerous character.

My bad, I was talking about a BB vs Namor match.

From what I understand the full capacity rule isn't tantamount to cis off. The line can seem blurry though.

abhilegend
I hear you, but tbh Namor has been so all over the place with that weakness that nowadays it's more of a token weakness akin to Superman weakness to kryptonite and red sunlight. Clark getting stabbed through the chest with a krptonite weapon, fighting under red sun light while severely weakened etc strain the credibility of those "weaknesses". Likewise Namor tanking a tactical Nuke, strains the believability of any supposed heat weakness.
Don't act like you actually read superman.
sneerOriginally posted by dmills
My bad, I was talking about a BB vs Namor match.
NP bro.

carver9
Wait a minute. Didn't Black Bolt and Namor already fight?

dmills
Don't act like you actually read superman.
sneer
NP bro.

Yeah. You should've never gave me access to that stash bro. Bwahahahahaha!!! sneer

dmills
"Originally posted by carver9
Wait a minute. Didn't Black Bolt and Namor already fight?

Yep. Replete with comic book bullshit.

carver9
Looking at Namor as a whole, everything he's done, I wouldn't look at it as a low showing. Going by Namor showings, he can hold his own with anyone in this thread.

dmills
Looking at Namor as a whole, everything he's done, I wouldn't look at it as a low showing. Going by Namor showings, he can hold his own with anyone in this thread.

If any single one of these people cut loose, be it Nova, jiggle bitties, Kara or The King they could blow Namor's head clean off.

(Namor is annoying to me today for some reason lol)

CosmicComet
Namor is great, when he's not associating himself with them damn dirty muties.

edit: You ain't respond to my PM yet niqqa. sneer

carver9
If any single one of these people cut loose, be it Nova, jiggle bitties, Kara or The King they could blow Namor's head clean off.

(Namor is annoying to me today for some reason lol)

If you believe this then you are ignoring the character history. His showings against top tiers is next to none. Hell, earth went to him as a last resort to take on WWH. This doesn't include his other showings against high tier beings. Namor have the fts putting him in the high Herald tier but his powerset puts him in the low meta/low Herald tier.

You would have to ignore everything to think Namor "wouldn't" give these individuals a run for their money.

CosmicComet
Carver, I can't stand your new set man.

Can't stand it.

dmills
Originally posted by CosmicComet
Namor is great, when he's not associating himself with them damn dirty muties.

edit: You ain't respond to my PM yet niqqa. sneer

Which one niqqa? About the WW?

CosmicComet
Which one niqqa? About the WW?

The one from 3 days ago about the thousand oceans shit niqqa.

carver9
Carver, I can't stand your new set man.

Can't stand it.

Hahahaha...I'm about to send you a PM with a pic. If you can make an avatar and a Sig out of it, I wouldnt mind changing it.

celeyhyga17
I meant in a straight fight with no HV used. The girls can straight up beat these two. I agree on the whisper but not on the gravity part. Kryptonians take on black holes like nothing, its not moonstone we're talking about.

Everyone and their mothers have survived black holes. When it comes to a fight, things are much more different. If a rookie nova like his bro (has roughly 1/1000 of Richies power) can cook up a grav node strong enough to hold Xenith who looks to be =/= PG or SG just because he's quite the brain, I'm sure Richie can have WM help him do the same if not better. Does trapping someone in a grav node constitute a forum win btw? Hmm....

CosmicComet
K

dmills
If you believe this then you are ignoring the character history. His showings against top tiers is next to none. Hell, earth went to him as a last resort to take on WWH. This doesn't include his other showings against high tier beings. Namor have the fts putting him in the high Herald tier but his powerset puts him in the low meta/low Herald tier.

You would have to ignore everything to think Namor "wouldn't" give these individuals a run for their money.

What feats put him in the HH tier?

Here's the difference between debating on a forum where all things are considered vs completely going off of comic book pis. In a comic book, Nova Prime would fight Namor, they'd land some blows, mix in some blasts or whatever. Then the stupid shyte would kick in. They'd have Nova hit Namor with a blast, Namor get up while Nova continued to pour on the blast, Namor would begin to rise and slowly but surely, power his way through Nova's blast, eventually reaching Nova, then delivering a fight ending blow.

On a forum such as this, people would see a "Namor vs Nova Prime thread, and near unanimously say that Nova wins handily in any non gimped fight all things considered.

But since I know you won't just take it if I tell you let me paint the picture in a way that you can see a little better. Here's my challenge to you. Make a thread where Namor runs a gauntlet against any of these four characters. Any order you want. None of that stipulation gimp crap. Full capacity for everyone. Lets see how it goes.

dmills
The one from 3 days ago about the thousand oceans shit niqqa.

Oh yeah. Good shyte nicca. So at that rate we're basically talking about nothing short of elite level strength getting free of the physical aspects of the spell?

CosmicComet
Out of curiosity what is Namor's best lifting feat?

Lifting an island?

carver9
Out of curiosity what is Namor's best lifting feat?

Lifting an island?

Yeah. It was also stated that Namor can make the planet shake in a fist fight but that leans more on hyperbole

CosmicComet
Oh yeah. Good shyte nicca. So at that rate we're basically talking about nothing short of elite level strength getting free of the physical aspects of the spell?

I wouldn't say 'elite', but I'd say, (appropriately enough) Namor level strength.

We're talking almost 10 million tons over the woman's head in that scenario.

CosmicComet
Yeah. It was also stated that Namor can make the planet shake in a fist fight but that leans more on hyperbole

Hmm.

If lifting an island is his best, I'd say Kratos can match or best him in strength. Been thinking of that as a fight in the All Vs forum. Think it would be a good one.

dmills
I wouldn't say 'elite', but I'd say, (appropriately enough) Namor level strength.

We're talking almost 10 million tons over the woman's head in that scenario.

The water weight equivalent of 1000 oceans is far more then 10,000,000 tons niqqa sneer

CosmicComet
The water weight equivalent of 1000 oceans is far more then 10,000,000 tons niqqa sneer

That's not what I'm talking about.

The pressure per square inch would be about 8,000 tons per square inch at the depths of an ocean 1000x deeper than the deepest part of the pacific ocean.

8,000 tons per square inch would be comparable to the pressure an average sized woman/small man holding 9.6 million tons over their head would exert on the ground.

dmills
That's not what I'm talking about.

The pressure per square inch would be about 8,000 tons per square inch at the depths of an ocean 1000x deeper than the deepest part of the pacific ocean.

8,000 tons per square inch would be comparable to the pressure an average sized woman/small man holding 9.6 million tons over their head would exert on the ground.

Ok gotcha. So in the same way that "the gravity of 50 earths" isn't tantamount to the "combined weight of 50 earth's"?

CosmicComet
lol yeah. 50x Earth's gravity is nothing compared to actually moving 50 Earths.

Else Goku would be pushing into skyfather level strength from Frieza saga. laughing

carver9
lol yeah. 50x Earth's gravity is nothing compared to actually moving 50 Earths.

Else Goku would be pushing into skyfather level strength from Frieza saga. laughing

And Vegeta would be reaching abstract since he was training in 500x earth gravity.

abhilegend
Yeah. You should've never gave me access to that stash bro. Bwahahahahaha!!! sneer
Damn. Now I have to kill you. Prepare yourself bro.
Everyone and their mothers have survived black holes. When it comes to a fight, things are much more different. If a rookie nova like his bro (has roughly 1/1000 of Richies power) can cook up a grav node strong enough to hold Xenith who looks to be =/= PG or SG just because he's quite the brain, I'm sure Richie can have WM help him do the same if not better. Does trapping someone in a grav node constitute a forum win btw? Hmm....
Name all these "below herald level" beings. ABC logic ftw. BTW the same xenith was working the thousand times powerful richie.

celeyhyga17
Name all these "below herald level" beings. ABC logic ftw. BTW the same xenith was working the thousand times powerful richie.
below herald?

abc logic? the point was simple. do you think SG or PG is capable of escaping if Richie traps them in a grav node? I know it makes it too easy a win for team 1, but I'd like to know what you think.

abhilegend
below herald?

abc log? the point was simple. do you think SG or PG is capable of escaping if Richie traps them in a grav node? I know it makes it too easy a win for team 1, but I'd like to know what you think.
Yup. Name all those below herald character who survived characters.

They can and would.

celeyhyga17
Yup. Name all those below herald character who survived characters.

They can and would.

choo talkin bout?

btw if you read properly she was never working Richie. He took a moment to look into his "novapedia" for a quick way to KO the beetch. In the end he was there to just snatch his bro and get the hell outta dodge. that was his main and only priority.

dmills
Damn. Now I have to kill you. Prepare yourself bro.

Ihzp55Cuo7M&feature=youtube_gdata_player

IN YO FACE!!!!

abhilegend
choo talkin bout?

btw if you read properly she was never working Richie. He took a moment to look into his "novapedia" for a quick way to KO the beetch. In the end he was there to just snatch his bro and get the hell outta dodge. that was his main and only priority.
The same excuse again?

celeyhyga17
The same excuse again?
So yeah... I take it u agree a whisper and grav node can end this fight?
Good. wink

dmills
LOL.

Aye Carver so how about it bro? Namor runs the gauntlet?!

Powergirl
Supergirl
Nova Prime
Blackbolt

Everyone at full capacity. In any order you want.

abhilegend
So yeah... I take it u agree a whisper and grav node can end this fight?
Good. wink
laughing out loud
Don't turn into snake-eyes. The fact is that xenith was working nova and it was made clear that nova was outclassed. If he could've ended that fight with a gravity node, he would've done it and not go to such a desperate tactic as psychic dampeners. You're transferring feats from a nova centurian (who btw had to use all his power to trap xenith) to nova the same way GL fans try to transfer rookie gl's to elite GLs. This isn't DBZ. Now what has nova done with his gravity powers to suggest he can trap SG or PG?

dmills
Hey carver. I'm gonna troll ya buddy! You want me ya troll ya?

celeyhyga17
laughing out loud
Don't turn into snake-eyes. The fact is that xenith was working nova and it was made clear that nova was outclassed. If he could've ended that fight with a gravity node, he would've done it and not go to such a desperate tactic as psychic dampeners. You're transferring feats from a nova centurian (who btw had to use all his power to trap xenith) to nova the same way GL fans try to transfer rookie gl's to elite GLs. This isn't DBZ. Now what has nova done with his gravity powers to suggest he can trap SG or PG?
His stories would be boring as fukk if he ended everything with a grav node don't u think? Duh.... See that's where your argument is flawed. There are more distinct differences among GL's than Nova centurions. The nature of a gl ring's reliance on willpower for even better usage along with training and natural skill creates a more varied number GL capabilites. Novas can utilize the nova force better with more training and skill, but can't all of a sudden bust fukking armadas like Richie. You forget all he has to do is ask WM for on the fly calculations and voila. It is not inconceivable that he can create a grav node in magnitudes higher than his bro. Btw, he has stopped oppenents before in grav nodes.

carver9
Hey carver. I'm gonna troll ya buddy! You want me ya troll ya?

Lol...why would I make that thread when I myself know who would win?

abhilegend
His stories would be boring as fukk if he ended everything with a grav node don't u think? Duh.... See that's where your argument is flawed. There are more distinct differences among GL's than Nova centurions. The nature of a gl ring's reliance on willpower for even better usage along with training and natural skill creates a more varied number GL capabilites. Novas can utilize the nova force better with more training and skill, but can't all of a sudden bust fukking armadas like Richie. You forget all he has to do is ask WM for on the fly calculations and voila. It is not inconceivable that he can create a grav node in magnitudes higher than his bro. Btw, he has stopped oppenents before in grav nodes.
And? I was just giving an example in GLs. Should I bring feats from random kryptonians which are like swatting away hal and john and breaking their auto-shields like paper to discuss here? I asked you who did nova trap in his grav nodes? This isn't the answer.

celeyhyga17
And? I was just giving an example in GLs. Should I bring feats from random kryptonians which are like swatting away hal and john and breaking their auto-shields like paper to discuss here? I asked you who did nova trap in his grav nodes? This isn't the answer.

He's used grav nodes to stop a psychic entity. he's stopped a massively upgraded Darkhawk in his tracks with ease. I'm talking about a Darkhawk that had pseudo mystic/tehcnological upgrades. An armor upgrade that has greatly increased his strength, speed, power, and allowed for ftl travel through space. an armor upgrade that can tank cosmic control rod attacks like nothing.

dmills
I'm sick of the Xenith shit.

*They traded shots, didn't really do much damage beyond the usual umph! and opph!

*He was checking his Ipad and reading his email while she was hitting him. That's embarrassing for her.

*He beat her without much trouble while his power was spread out amongst a myriad of Centurions. Hundreds, maybe thousands.

*At the end of the day if you compare the fights, she gave him about as much trouble as Dark Quasar did. We all know what happened to Dark Quasar once Rider retrieved all of his power. Him and the other Revengers got one shotted by a small burst of energy. Now that's enough about Mothaphuckin Xenith. Carry on gents.

Carver did you make the thread yet? I'm going to troll you buddy! Let me see if I can find you!

carver9

Lol...@dmills.

-Pr-

Based on feats, yes they are, but there's no shame in that.

carver9
Originally posted by -Pr-
Based on feats, yes they are, but there's no shame in that.

No they are not. Don't know where you got that idea from.

bluewaterrider
Don't know where you got that idea from...

He's P.R.

He's from a realm we know next to nothing about ...

-Pr-
No they are not. Don't know where you got that idea from.

From reading more about both women than you do?

Power Girl is definitely b-list. Both in terms of power and popularity. Supergirl only might scratch A-list due to being so popular.

Originally posted by bluewaterrider
He's P.R.

He's from a realm we know next to nothing about ...

It's called Ireland.

carver9
From reading more about both women than you do?

Power Girl is definitely b-list. Both in terms of power and popularity. Supergirl only might scratch A-list due to being so popular.

It's called Ireland.

In popularity you might have a point but power, no.

-Pr-
In popularity you might have a point but power, no.

Yes.

A-List is the top brass: Superman, Wonder Woman, Hal, Kyle, J'onn etc.

B-List is the what comes after. It's not a knock against them; they just aren't at the top of the totem pole.

dmills

Sorry Carver I didnt see this!!! Who'd win buddy?!!!!

carver9
Sorry Carver I didnt see this!!! Who'd win buddy?!!!!

We both know who would win. confused

With CIS off.

dmills
We both know who would win. confused

With CIS off.

Not CIS off buddy!! Just full capacity!

carver9
Not CIS off buddy!! Just full capacity!

Thats pretty much the same thing. Fighting outside the way the characters are normally portrayed. How would Namor win? With CIS on, fighting the way the characters normally fights, Namor would give any of them a fight or possibly pull some wins.

-Pr-
I don't think you know what CIS is.

dmills
Thats pretty much the same thing. Fighting outside the way the characters are normally portrayed. How would Namor win? With CIS on, fighting the way the characters normally fights, Namor would give any of them a fight or possibly pull some wins.

Not really the same thing as CIS off. Pr or Digi can explain it best.

Edit: Pr beat me to it.

dmills
Edit: never mind. You're a big boy lol.

carver9
I don't think you know what CIS is.

Taking off CIS means getting rid of character induced stupidity which means that the character will be using their abilities to the best which also implies that they will be using their full potential which is the same thing dmills is talking about.

-Pr-
Taking off CIS means getting rid of character induced stupidity which means that the character will be using their abilities to the best which also implies that they will be using their full potential which is the same thing dmills is talking about.

it means they'll fight with more power and less restraint, but they'll still fight according to their own tactics and personality.

they don't become forum avatars.

abhilegend
He's used grav nodes to stop a psychic entity. he's stopped a massively upgraded Darkhawk in his tracks with ease. I'm talking about a Darkhawk that had pseudo mystic/tehcnological upgrades. An armor upgrade that has greatly increased his strength, speed, power, and allowed for ftl travel through space. an armor upgrade that can tank cosmic control rod attacks like nothing.
That's it? I'm not impressed.

abhilegend
I'm sick of the Xenith shit.

*They traded shots, didn't really do much damage beyond the usual umph! and opph!

*He was checking his Ipad and reading his email while she was hitting him. That's embarrassing for her.

*He beat her without much trouble while his power was spread out amongst a myriad of Centurions. Hundreds, maybe thousands.

*At the end of the day if you compare the fights, she gave him about as much trouble as Dark Quasar did. We all know what happened to Dark Quasar once Rider retrieved all of his power. Him and the other Revengers got one shotted by a small burst of energy. Now that's enough about Mothaphuckin Xenith. Carry on gents.

Carver did you make the thread yet? I'm going to troll you buddy! Let me see if I can find you!
*Wasn't that the status quo of nova till he died? His power being shared.
*Not at all. If supergirl is getting smacked around by someone and she suddenly stops him by whistling and depowering him, its not embarrasing for him. This tactic means she was desperate enough to use an un-common tactic.
*Again not at all.

dmills
*Wasn't that the status quo of nova till he died? His power being shared.
*Not at all. If supergirl is getting smacked around by someone and she suddenly stops him by whistling and depowering him, its not embarrasing for him. This tactic means she was desperate enough to use an un-common tactic.
*Again not at all.

No. Nowhere near in those numbers.

Lolwut? Man you're making it sound like it was portrayed as some desperate last ditch ploy lol. It wasn't at all.

So what was happening when Nova was smacking her around until he was distracted? Or does that part not count?

"Not at all" what? Those are incontrovertible facts. Read Nova 36. Then T.I. ignition, then T.I. 6. That's exactly what happened.

dmills
That's it? I'm not impressed.

LOL. Celey you walked right into that one.

@abhi,

Ive totally been meaning to get those xenith vs brb scans from you. I meant to pm you about that when you posted that scan of her tossing Stormbreaker. Pm them when you get a chance. Thanks brother.

abhilegend
No. Nowhere near in those numbers.

Lolwut? Man you're making it sound like it was portrayed as some desperate last ditch ploy lol. It wasn't at all.

So what was happening when Nova was smacking her around until he was distracted? Or does that part not count?

"Not at all" what? Those are incontrovertible facts. Read Nova 36. Then T.I. ignition, then T.I. 6. That's exactly what happened.
So he's marginally more powerful? Meh.

That's exactly what happened. It was depicted as a desperate ploy, maybe not last ditch but desperate nonetheless. So, he was distracted, took a few blows and suddenly became less strong?

I disagree about dark quasar being anywhere xenith level.
I've read those bro.

dmills
So he's marginally more powerful? Meh.

That's exactly what happened. It was depicted as a desperate ploy, maybe not last ditch but desperate nonetheless. So, he was distracted, took a few blows and suddenly became less strong?

I disagree about dark quasar being anywhere xenith level.
I've read those bro.

Lawlz. Not sure if serious.

I don't see how that read in any way as desperation. Him using his powers in a unique way to end a fight. By that token any hero that ever makes use of anything other than brute force for the win is weaker then the person they are fighting just because it was a tough battle when they decided to do it. Thor disrupting Blackbolt's antenna for the win, Superman using heat vision to disable Manchester Black's "x-gene" so to speak. Thor (hehehe) bowing before Firelord. Etc etc etc. It's called characterization. Rich grew into a savvy guy that often took the path of least resistance to get the job done. He even used that style against inferior opponents like Diamond head, Drax, Korg and Moonstone. If anything the fight with Xenith was ooc for him as it depicted him reverting to a flying brick like his younger years. Once he heard his bro was ok he went back to tactically cool Rich and used one of his abilities to quickly end it.

I know you understand that because you and I talk. It's a similar trait that Supes displayed that made me respect the character more when I began to read more of him and actually understand that he was far more then a boyscout flying brick. He's (underratedly so) one of the better tacticians in the game. He doesn't punch his way through every problem, even though if he wanted to he prolly could. Instead he very often comes up with ways to solve problems using intelligence and unique applications of his relatively limited power set. It's also a matter of restraint. The same applies to Richard. He could walk up and "Ego blast" most opponents. But he understands that what he carries requires him to show great restraint in how he uses it.

Each his own. WM said that Dark Quasar was every bit as powerful as the real deal.

celeyhyga17
Each his own. WM said that Dark Quasar was every bit as powerful as the real deal. thumb up

Pretty much. World Mind even when on to say "the imposter is a significant threat to your safety, but this new being exceeds him in power..." when referring to The Magus. This further added to the type of threat the alternate reality Avengers were. What did he do when he had the entirety of the Nova Force at his disposal? He tore through the Revengers like hot knife through buttaaa. A team that included alternate versions of Thor, Quasar,Ms. Marvel, and Iron Man. They were constantly referred to as Lord Marvel's elite.

carver9
Great post dmills.

dmills
Great post dmills.

Sorry Carver I didnt see this!!! Who'd win with Namor running the gauntlet buddy?!!!!

carver9
Lol...all of them would win if they are fighting out of character against Namor. In character, Namor could pull some wins against all of them.

dmills
Lol...all of them would win if they are fighting out of character against Namor. In character, Namor could pull some wins against all of them.

Lol you know I'm just messing with ya man. Full capacity just means that they'd use all of their abilities in the most effective manner possible while maintaining their character. CIS off is a bit different.

On another note let me just put this Xenith thing to bed hopefully once and for all though. Just to drive the point home here's Moonstone slapping Rich all over the place. Looks like he's at her mercy right? He's desperate? She's more powerful right? No. It's one shot city once he decided to end it.

http://i1215.photobucket.com/albums/cc513/dmills31/Nova%20CQB%20protocols/1322167567813.jpg
http://i1215.photobucket.com/albums/cc513/dmills31/Nova%20CQB%20protocols/1322167579788.jpg

Omg! Was he so desperate in the above situation that he had to resort to using a sneaky move? Eh, no. Here Rich is again, tooling Moonstone with a casual blast....

http://i1215.photobucket.com/albums/cc513/dmills31/Nova%20CQB%20protocols/picsay-1325971639.jpg
http://i1215.photobucket.com/albums/cc513/dmills31/Nova%20CQB%20protocols/picsay-1325971694.jpg

So you see it's in character for Richard to soak up damage from an inferior opponent while he tries to end it as efficiently as possible. I can post a lot more examples if you'd like. But you get the point. Nova has easily withstood blows from Thor, Gladiator, Namor and upper tier beings like, The Sphinx, Annihilus at the height of his power, and Supernova. Hell he even hopped right up after the beating that lord Marvell gave him. To think that a total of 2-3 hits from phucking Xenith had him going into desperation mode is well, silly.

And to make matters worse the chick was even grabbing him by the collar lol. The tactics he usually goes to in a cqb situation like that have the potential to end her.

Gently slaps people away with gravity

http://i1215.photobucket.com/albums/cc513/dmills31/Nova%20CQB%20protocols/picsay-1325962757.jpg

Get off me

http://i1215.photobucket.com/albums/cc513/dmills31/Nova%20CQB%20protocols/1322165679376.jpg

http://i1215.photobucket.com/albums/cc513/dmills31/Nova%20CQB%20protocols/1322165845318.jpg

http://i1215.photobucket.com/albums/cc513/dmills31/Nova%20CQB%20protocols/1322166926792.jpg
http://i1215.photobucket.com/albums/cc513/dmills31/Nova%20CQB%20protocols/1322166941206.jpg

http://i1215.photobucket.com/albums/cc513/dmills31/Nova%20CQB%20protocols/1323280416114.jpg

http://i1215.photobucket.com/albums/cc513/dmills31/Nova%20CQB%20protocols/picsay-1325906808.jpg
http://i1215.photobucket.com/albums/cc513/dmills31/Nova%20CQB%20protocols/2011-06-26123915-1.jpg

http://i1215.photobucket.com/albums/cc513/dmills31/Nova%20CQB%20protocols/1322165896449.jpg
http://i1215.photobucket.com/albums/cc513/dmills31/Nova%20CQB%20protocols/1322165896449.jpg

http://i1215.photobucket.com/albums/cc513/dmills31/Nova%20CQB%20protocols/1322165776593.jpg
http://i1215.photobucket.com/albums/cc513/dmills31/Nova%20CQB%20protocols/1322165776593.jpg

http://i1215.photobucket.com/albums/cc513/dmills31/Nova%20CQB%20protocols/1322165729041.jpg

http://i1215.photobucket.com/albums/cc513/dmills31/Nova%20CQB%20protocols/1322167215188.jpg
http://i1215.photobucket.com/albums/cc513/dmills31/Nova%20CQB%20protocols/1322167228364.jpg

http://s1215.beta.photobucket.com/user/dmills31/media/1322929413398.jpg.html

http://i1215.photobucket.com/albums/cc513/dmills31/1322930251015.jpg

http://i1215.photobucket.com/albums/cc513/dmills31/Nova%20CQB%20protocols/1323878581476.jpg
http://i1215.photobucket.com/albums/cc513/dmills31/Nova%20CQB%20protocols/1323878591236.jpg

Oh and just for the lulz. The "marginally more powerful" Nova at full unleashed raw power... And still attempting to hold back.

http://i1215.photobucket.com/albums/cc513/dmills31/Nova%20CQB%20protocols/1312320133950.jpg
http://i1215.photobucket.com/albums/cc513/dmills31/Nova%20CQB%20protocols/1312320148560.jpg

dmills
Edit

dmills
For the record, the photobucket app for android is barf inducing.

carver9
The scans came out good. Some photobucket scans are too small, yours were perfect.

bluewaterrider
The scans came out good. Some photobucket scans are too small, yours were perfect.

I'm envious of people who have mastered that I.H.P.

I've found only careful pre-editing prior to upload works whenever I try to use Photobucket, which is one reason I generally avoid it. sad

bluewaterrider
Some photobucket scans are too small ...

Isolating smaller panels or portions of panels from a comic generally improves resolution. That seems to be true for Photobucket and for KMC's own Image Hosting Program.

bluewaterrider
Two of dmills favorite characters vs the Super chicks.

Who wins? No bfring and Pre reboot versions.

If Kara could somehow circumvent the sonics, Black Bolt would find himself in the same predicament as here, I think, especially given that many writers treated Supergirl, effectively, as physically stronger than her cousin, max potential or no.

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=14092514

I was reminded of that when going through my collection today, especially around the time of Justice League of America 55 or thereabouts (volume 2), a story arc that would eventually feature Kara taking on Doomsday by herself ... and winning! (Until interfered with by Cyborg Superman, at least ...)

Features some interesting artwork from Brett Booth.
Not sure what I think about it save for the following attached shot, which is absolutely great but doesn't seem in line with any of the rest of it.
It's so different that I'm wondering now if they had an unlisted guest artist draw the panel ...

-Pr-
given that many writers treated Supergirl, effectively, as physically stronger than her cousin, max potential or no.

...Umm, no they didn't.

bluewaterrider
I don't think you're going to be able to win this one, P.R.

Even if you subscribe to the idea that people THINK she's stronger because she doesn't hold back her physical power like Superman,
and thus that Kara is not "really" that way,
you're still conceding that the power she displays under normal circumstances is higher than what he displays under normal circumstances.
That's precisely WHY people thinks she's stronger by that particular theory, after all.

And Joe Kelly, Verheiden, and Mark Waid DID treat her as effectively stronger than her cousin, even as Loeb had before them.

-Pr-
I don't think you're going to be able to win this one, P.R.

Even if you subscribe to the idea that people THINK she's stronger because she doesn't hold back her physical power like Superman,
and thus that Kara is not "really" that way,
you're still conceding that the power she displays under normal circumstances is higher than what he displays under normal circumstances.
That's precisely WHY people thinks she's stronger by that particular theory, after all.

And Joe Kelly, Verheiden, and Mark Waid DID treat her as effectively stronger than her cousin, even as Loeb had before them.

The feats/comics support him being stronger more than they do her. no expression

And no, Loeb made it almost blatantly clear that he believed Superman stronger. This is the same writer that in an interview said he believed that Superman was the world's most powerful hero.

It was made clear that Kara's lack of practice in control of her powers made her seem more powerful. It was a running theme, that was later disproven, especially when they came face to face.

If you want to argue that Superman holds back more than Kara, I'd agree with that. It doesn't make her stronger though.

bluewaterrider
There's the all-important consideration of time (which I, for today, am unfortunately out of), i.e. WHEN statements were made and events occurred. I remember Mark Waid making similar statements about Superman, before Jeph Loeb re-introduced a Supergirl FOR plausible use in the DCU. Once that happened, though, I could predict a lot of honor coming her way from Waid, which Legion and Brave and the Bold fans were happy to see her receive soon afterwards.

We'll talk more on this later, though.

Like I said, for today, I'm out of time.

Cheers.

-Pr-
we've had this conversation before. Loeb made it clear AFTER her re-introduction.

Ok...

abhilegend
Blue is going at it again?

iceman24567
LOL Superman performs above and beyond Kara on a regular basis who cares what the writers say if they show the complete opposite on panel.

dmills
@abhi. So you just gonna ignore me asking you about the Xenith vs BRB scans bro? I see how it is. A little disagreement about one issue and a brotha gets ignored smh.

stick out tongue

abhilegend
@abhi. So you just gonna ignore me asking you about the Xenith vs BRB scans bro? I see how it is. A little disagreement about one issue and a brotha gets ignored smh.

stick out tongue
What? When did you ask for those scans? I didn't notice that bro!
Here they are
Xenith owns stormbreaker

http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k508/abhilegend/Marvel/th_xenithstormbreaker.jpg http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k508/abhilegend/Marvel/th_xenithstormbreaker1.jpg

dmills
What? When did you ask for those scans? I didn't notice that bro!
Here they are

Please tell me you have the brb vs Xenith fight from that series??? Just pm me them if you do. We've already went far ot in this thread lol!

abhilegend
Please tell me you have the brb vs Xenith fight from that series??? Just pm me them if you do. We've already went far ot in this thread lol!
I don't. Sorry bro.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.