Most Famous Female SuperHero

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

pym-ftw
Well I decided to make this thread after a conversation with my sister, she knows some of the more famous super heroines like WonderWoman and Storm...

So not really a versus battle, but who do you feel is the most easily recognized female comic book character to the general population...

Newjak
I would say it's Wonder Woman for sure.

Storm is probably the next one.

pym-ftw
See originally that's how I felt but with the success of the Avengers movie, the Dark night series, and the A:emh cartoon

I think Widow, Catwoman, & Wasp might be above them

carver9
Originally posted by Newjak
I would say it's Wonder Woman for sure.

Storm is probably the next one.

First two I thought about before opening this thread.

CosmicComet
Originally posted by pym-ftw
See originally that's how I felt but with the success of the Avengers movie, the Dark night series, and the A:emh cartoon

I think Widow, Catwoman, & Wasp might be above them

Black Widow?

I bet half the people who finished watching Avengers didn't even remember what ScarJo's character's name was.

Wasp? The Avengers Cartoon was successful enough to overthrow Wonder Woman? Who's been in cartoons and pop culture references for decades? I don't think so.

Catwoman is just Batman's femme fatale, she doesn't resonate as the go-to female superhero.

Wonder Woman is the obvious answer.

StiltmanFTW
And Storm's been in numerous cartoons, too. Plus 3 movies and a cameo in origins.

No way those three pym mentioned are topping them.

bluewaterrider
I'm finding it mildly astonishing that someone's famous cousin hasn't been listed yet ...

CosmicComet
Yes, she's number 2.

Storm is a solid number 3.

"Id"
Storm, Wonder Woman, Jean Gray, Sue Richards, Catwoman

psycho gundam
Originally posted by pym-ftw
who do you feel is the most easily recognized female comic book character to the general population... 1* wonderwoman, 2* catwoman, 3 poison ivy/she-hulk, and storm, but it depends on the costume (70's/current storm, punk storm, and jim lee storm)

* supergirl/woman can be at the top spots cause any retard could figure out who she is cause it's a no-brainer character to begin with, just a gender swapped superman like she-hulk.

peejayd
* Wonder Woman, Supergirl, Storm... with the success of X-men TAS in the 90's, i'd say Jean Grey, Rogue and Jubilee are pretty famous/recognizable as well... also Batgirl and Mary Marvel because of the old cartoons... smile

TheGodKiller
The X-Women.

Lord Feron
Wonder Woman, Catwoman, Storm/supergirl

Bouboumaster
In order:
Wonder Woman
Catwoman
Storm

Digi
Wonder Woman is the only one my mom could name. None of us are good judges...we're too close to the industry. WW is the runaway winner here.

And yeah, half the people I saw Avengers with can't name Widow's character. She's nowhere near the top.

Odekahn
WW
Catwoman
Supergirl/batgirl
Storm

BUSTER1
Wonder Woman I reckon. I remember lusting after Linda Carter in the tv series of the late 70's/early 80's as a hormonal 5-7 years old.

Golgo13
Wonder woman and catwoman.

-Pr-
Wonder Woman, Supergirl, Catwoman and Storm, really.

JakeTheBank
Wonder Woman, Supergirl, Storm, Catwoman.

DarkSaint85
WW
Supergirl
Catwoman.

Just look at the number of slutty outfits at Halloween. No one really does a slutty Storm, for example.

JakeTheBank
This is a good point.

-Pr-
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
WW
Supergirl
Catwoman.

Just look at the number of slutty outfits at Halloween. No one really does a slutty Storm, for example.

Your logic is undeniable.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.