Maddrox versus Batman. NYC.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

bluewaterrider
Maddrox
pile

versus

Batman.

Setting: New York City, exact mirror of our own, complete with people, stores, traffic, police, etcetera.
Area: 5 square blocks, beginning at the edge of Central Park.
Begin time: Dusk (6 PM)
Prep time before start of match: 24 hours

Contestants have access to any resources they can find within the area.
Stores can be looted or equipment bought, for instance.

Only standard equipment can be brought to starting point, however.

Contestants begin 500 yards away from each other.
Contestants do NOT have to stay in each other's line of sight.
Irremovable locators will "ping" if primary contestants manage to get within 10 feet of one another.

At the beginning of every hour, either contestant can pinpoint the exact location of the other by going to the nearest phone booth, where they are shown their opponent on a very detailed GPS-style grid.

And yes, ordinary citizens CAN be interacted with or even recruited if either contestant is persuasive enough -- just as in real life.

Goal: knockout or capture of opponent and/or opponent's wallet.
For Maddrox this is Batman, for Batman this is Maddrox "Prime".
(In other words, all of Maddrox's duplicates do NOT have to be disabled for Batman to get a win, just Maddrox himself.)

Deliberate killing disallowed.

Match called a draw if it goes beyond 4 hours, in which case both people are left stranded in "real world" New York City.

Note that Maddrox's wallet is the device that will take Batman back to DCU and Batman's wallet is the device that will take Maddrox back to Marvel U, so both contestants have incentive to engage each other.

Who wins?

Juntai
Batman wins and goes home before Maddrox even notices, and his 'ping' device never notices either.

bluewaterrider
hmmm

I included the "ping" device precisely to prevent the too-easy solution of Batman pulling "ninja sneak" on Maddrox himself (Maddrox duplicates can be approached without setting off any such alarms, incidentally).

I know people consider Batman, like, the god of pickpockets otherwise ...

I don't want to disallow any practical in-character answers to this scenario so I'll accept the answer, because Batman DOES manage to pull off some amazing feats of stealth.

Instead, I'll challenge posters to supply the 10 most plausible conclusions.

We'll just call "Batman circumvents location tech, steals wallet, wins his way home" as Solution 1.

Are there any others?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.