High Herald vs. Magneto/Loki/Doom

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

JakeTheBank
Is there any single high herald capable of beating the following team under their own power?

Magneto
Loki (pre-Siege)
Dr. Doom

carver9
Probably Surfer.

JakeTheBank
I highly doubt that, tbh. I don't think Superman or Thor could, either.

carver9
Honest question. Has Surfer been koed since his rebirth? I can't remember a single instance of him being dropped and this includes his fights against abstracts.

JakeTheBank
Idk. I think he's been beaten or taken out in the pages of The Defenders, but I could be wrong.

carver9
He has been beaten in the defenders but mainly due to plot. I don't think this team has what it takes to drop current Surfer. That was the reason I asked. Magneto might be a problem because I don't know if he could manipulate Surfer. He should be able too since he did control a Celestial without any issues.

abhilegend
facepalm @carvlogic. However if you really want to know, skuttlebutt flash koed surfer.

carver9
Originally posted by abhilegend
facepalm @carvlogic. However if you really want to know, skuttlebutt flash koed surfer.

Lol at abhi every attempt at low balling Surfer.

Scans of Skuttlebucket koing Surfer.

Sin I AM

really........not saying i dont believe u...i just dont well believe u

Damborgson
I dont think any high herald in a standard fight would win actually. And it probably wouldn't be all that close either, seeing ad anyone of those guys should be capable of putting up a hell of a fight on their own.

Blair Wind
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Is there any single high herald capable of beating the following team under their own power?

Magneto
Loki (pre-Siege)
Dr. Doom

Depends on what you mean "their own power".

Black Alice or Duplicate Boy if your definition is being vague.

Wundarr the Aquarian.

abhilegend
Originally posted by carver9
Lol at abhi every attempt at low balling Surfer.

Scans of Skuttlebucket koing Surfer.
Don't act like you know what I am talking about.Originally posted by Sin I AM
Nice contradiction there.

carver9
Don't act like you know what I am talking about.

I know that you enjoy lowballing Surfer and we both know why you like lowballing him. Scans of the ko please.

Sin I AM

when did it happen abhi?

Rage.Of.Olympus
No High Herald can beat this team solo.

Anyone who can would no longer count as a Herald but would be a Trans. Loki's more powerful than most Heralds, Magneto's is up there with some of the best and Doom with his recent upgrade is a solid low/mid Herald power wise with magic/technology/intelligence making him a formidable opponent for all Heralds in a fight.

Starscream M
classic juggernaut potentially could...but he's not smart enough

JakeTheBank
Juggernaut would actually have to beat them, though.

Given the range and mobility of all of them as well as their BFR capabilities, I don't see how Cain could ever begin to hope to beat them.

carver9
Magician can beat them (from Ultimate Xmen).

Rage.Of.Olympus
No brick, no matter how strong can beat this team unless they're ridiculously powerful or at least have sort of teleporting ability. By strong I mean, being teleported to some hell hole on the other-side of the Multiverse or through time and being able to punch their way back.

Juggernaut doesn't fit the fit the bill. Not that they would need battle field removal. Finding hard to imagine how he'd go about beating this team.

Sin I AM
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
No brick, no matter how strong can beat this team unless they're ridiculously powerful or at least have sort of teleporting ability. By strong I mean, being teleported to some hell hole on the other-side of the Multiverse or through time and being able to punch their way back.

Juggernaut doesn't fit the fit the bill. Not that they would need battle field removal. Finding hard to imagine how he'd go about beating this team.

magic based brick?

Odekahn
Amazo

Blair Wind
Originally posted by Odekahn
Amazo

He falls under the same category of characters that fights with other people's powers.

Originally posted by Blair Wind
Depends on what you mean "their own power".

Black Alice or Duplicate Boy if your definition is being vague.

Wundarr the Aquarian.

dmills
Honest question. Has Surfer been koed since his rebirth? I can't remember a single instance of him being dropped and this includes his fights against abstracts.

He screamed really loud from the fear of falling after Mar-Vell blasted his board.

Nihilist
Genis Vell or Sentry

carver9
Originally posted by dmills
He screamed really loud from the fear of falling after Mar-Vell blasted his board.

confused

Really?

dmills
confused

Really?

Nah, I was just being facetious. Some of his fans think that Mar-Vell's blast didn't do anything to Norrin except break his board so I always joke about it.

Originally posted by Sin I AM

http://i1058.photobucket.com/albums/t413/mdmills/3544346_o.gif

Love that new sig Sin wink

abhilegend
I know that you enjoy lowballing Surfer and we both know why you like lowballing him. Scans of the ko please.
Lulz.Originally posted by Sin I AM
when did it happen abhi?
After his famous fight with BRB. He was also forced to retreat by a random alien armada.

abhilegend
Here is the scan btw

http://i673.photobucket.com/albums/vv95/galanphotos/skuttlebutt25.jpg

vince_slice
And here's the next page: http://i673.photobucket.com/albums/vv95/galanphotos/skuttlebutt26.jpg

rolling on floor laughing

WhiteWitchKing
Black Bolt if his scream catches them off guard.

abhilegend
Originally posted by vince_slice
And here's the next page: http://i673.photobucket.com/albums/vv95/galanphotos/skuttlebutt26.jpg

rolling on floor laughing
I said "flash ko", hence surfer falling from the board. He recovered after that.

Sin I AM
Nah, I was just being facetious. Some of his fans think that Mar-Vell's blast didn't do anything to Norrin except break his board so I always joke about it.

http://i1058.photobucket.com/albums/t413/mdmills/3544346_o.gif

Love that new sig Sin wink

Props to scythe

And thanks abhi

Odekahn
Zoom

Sin I AM
Originally posted by Odekahn
Zoom

Trans

abhilegend
Trans
No.

Sin I AM
No.

Yes and yes

-Pr-
Zoom is a high herald. A very high herald, but a herald nonetheless.

Sin I AM
Originally posted by -Pr-
Zoom is a high herald. A very high herald, but a herald nonetheless.

semantics..he will beat them though

abhilegend
Yes and yes
Name one feat that puts him in the trans category. Now I can pick half dozen showings that puts him in mid herald category. Zoom suffered from Johns' first showing syndrome, he has done nothing impressive since then.

abhilegend
Name one high herald he's beaten.

vince_slice
I said "flash ko", hence surfer falling from the board. He recovered after that.
What is a "flash KO" exactly? A KO that lasts 2 seconds?

abhilegend
What is a "flash KO" exactly? A KO that lasts 2 seconds?
Enough time for BRB to reach near another planet with skuttlebutt.

Sin I AM
Name one high herald he's beaten.

Look at his respect thread

abhilegend
Look at his respect thread
I don't have to. I know nearly everything he's done.

vince_slice
Enough time for BRB to reach near another planet with skuttlebutt. http://i673.photobucket.com/albums/vv95/galanphotos/skuttlebutt26.jpg

Look again, Surfer was already up and chasing Bill before they reach the planet.

-Pr-

It's not semantics if it's an entirely different tier. erm

abhilegend
http://i673.photobucket.com/albums/vv95/galanphotos/skuttlebutt26.jpg

Look again, Surfer was already up and chasing Bill before they reach the planet.
He was chasing them so fast that he was still in the same area where bill and he fought and skuttlebutt placed mines. What a speed!
Although he recovered fast, I wouldn't call it a recovery in seconds.

The next few pages were even more humiliating for surfer though, forced to retreat from a random alien armada and all that. Classic surfer would've blinked and destroyed them.

Sin I AM
It's not semantics if it's an entirely different tier. erm

I love it when we play cat and mouse wink

vince_slice
He was chasing them so fast that he was still in the same area where bill and he fought and skuttlebutt placed mines. What a speed!
Although he recovered fast, I wouldn't call it a recovery in seconds.

The next few pages were even more humiliating for surfer though, forced to retreat from a random alien armada and all that. Classic surfer would've blinked and destroyed them.
Surfer was up in a couple of panels and chasing Skuttlebutt. Bill even questions whether Surfer will beat them to the planet, and on top of that Skuttlebutt, released mines just to slow Surfer down. If Surfer was KO'd, then that's the shortest KO in comic history. Or, he was just momentarily stunned.

-Pr-
I love it when we play cat and mouse wink

Who are the characters in your sig?

abhilegend
Surfer was up in a couple of panels and chasing Skuttlebutt. Bill even questions whether Surfer will beat them to the planet, and on top of that Skuttlebutt, released mines just to slow Surfer down. If Surfer was KO'd, then that's the shortest KO in comic history. Or, he was just momentarily stunned.
Number of panels are meaningless.

He was up and starting to chase them, and his travel speed is beyond skuttlebutt's. That's how he caught up on skuttlebutt in the first place. 'Butt released the mines in that area where bill and surfer fought, not in the vicinity of the planet.

He was visibly koed, for a short time but koed nonetheless.

Sin I AM
Who are the characters in your sig?

Cassie hack and witchblade

-Pr-
Cassie hack and witchblade

Oh, okay. Thanks.

vince_slice
Number of panels are meaningless.

He was up and starting to chase them, and his travel speed is beyond skuttlebutt's. That's how he caught up on skuttlebutt in the first place. 'Butt released the mines in that area where bill and surfer fought, not in the vicinity of the planet.

He was visibly koed, for a short time but koed nonetheless.
They're not meaningless at all, especially given what actually happened between those panels. Surfer was up and chasing them a couple of panels later. Judging by what happened within those panels, Surfer was up right away.

Yeah Skuttlebutt released those mines to slow Surfer down, but if you look at the scan, you see Surfer Dodging them, and shown right behind Skuttlebutt before they reached the planet. Then the next panel says "scant minutes later" and shows them both (Surfer and BRB + Skuttle) reaching the planet.

When read in its full context, this doesn't look like a KO to me at all. KO's last longer than a couple of panels. And those panels were at best no more than 10 seconds long, because all they were was Bill and Skuttlebutt having a short convo about how they can slow Surfer down. And before they know it, he's literally right behind them.

Mindset
Why can't we all just get along?

golem370
Cyborg Superman he could hack any tech has superhuman speed Superman level strength. Morg with Power Cosmic and WOL

carver9
Here is the scan btw

Lol...that's not a flash no.

abhilegend
They're not meaningless at all, especially given what actually happened between those panels. Surfer was up and chasing them a couple of panels later. Judging by what happened within those panels, Surfer was up right away. No. He was up and trying to chase them after they were gone. Later surfer was attacked by an alien armada on the same area.

He wasn't right behind skuttlebutt, not even close. Surfer was still in that area when that armada forced him to retreat.

Its a ko. What an astounding argument. Welcome to h1a8's world. That however wouldn't work in real world.

Mindset
Originally posted by golem370
Cyborg Superman he could hack any tech has superhuman speed Superman level strength. Morg with Power Cosmic and WOL Doom could just ditch his suit and use magic.

Mindset
Wasn't Morg above herald with WOL?

golem370
High Herald imo

abhilegend
Lol...that's not a flash no.
You're right, that's not flash. That's silver surfer.

vince_slice
No. He was up and trying to chase them after they were gone. Later surfer was attacked by an alien armada on the same area.

He wasn't right behind skuttlebutt, not even close. Surfer was still in that area when that armada forced him to retreat.

Its a ko. What an astounding argument. Welcome to h1a8's world. That however wouldn't work in real world.

Yes Surfer was right behind Skuttlebutt, in fact he was right behind him after he released the mines.

Look at the 3rd panel. You see Surfer dodging the exploding mines, literally right behind Skuttlebutt. This panel was before they reached the planet.

In case you miss the obvious in the above scan, here's a closeup.

http://i50.tinypic.com/301n1aq.png

^ You're telling me that this scan doesn't show Surfer right behind Skuttlebutt?

Odekahn
So... Zoom wins?

Mindset
No.

DTM
Weighing in on the Surfer KOed by Skuttlebutts weapons discussion, count me in for those who believe he was not so, pretty clearly proven by the following panels. Knocked off his board, sure, hurt some, Im sure, but KOed, not even close (unless it was for a millisecond, which doesnt count as close to a KO in my book).

carver9
Originally posted by DTM
Weighing in on the Surfer KOed by Skuttlebutts weapons discussion, count me in for those who believe he was not so, pretty clearly proven by the following panels. Knocked off his board, sure, hurt some, Im sure, but KOed, not even close (unless it was for a millisecond, which doesnt count as close to a KO in my book).

I agree...that's ABHI lowballing Surfer like he tends to do. Anybody with 20/20 vision can tell Surfer wasn't koed in those scans.

abhilegend
Yes Surfer was right behind Skuttlebutt, in fact he was right behind him after he released the mines.
I never said he wasn't. He didn't reached the planet alongside bill though. In fact the mines slowed him down considerably. That's why I called it a flash ko, surfer was visibly koed but up soon and trying to chase bill.

I was mistaken when I said bill and skuttlebutt were gone when surfer hit the mines. Still it was a ko, flash or otherwise.

abhilegend
I agree...that's ABHI lowballing Surfer like he tends to do. Anybody with 20/20 vision can tell Surfer wasn't koed in those scans.
laughing out loud

carver9
Concede and admit that you were wrong. It's nothing wrong in admitting you made a mistake.

abhilegend
Concede and admit that you were wrong. It's nothing wrong in admitting you made a mistake. Originally posted by abhilegend
laughing out loud

-Pr-

lol, irony.

carver9
lol, irony.

Not Irony...the truth.

vince_slice
I never said he wasn't.
Yeah you did:

^ Sound familiar? The scan I showed disproved your claim.

When looking at the evidence, and what happened on panel, it doesn't look like a KO at all. He was stunned at best, but not KO'd. Like I said, Surfer got back up quickly and was right behind Skuttlebutt (as shown on panel). Yeah the mines slowed him down, yet the panel I showed depicts Surfer being right behind Skuttlebutt despite the mines.

I don't think its a KO at all. KO's are suppose to last decently long. You have no evidence to suggest Surfer was KO'd for a decent amount of time to constitute a KO. All the evidence points to the opposite.

carver9
So, since Vince proved my statement as being legit...Surfer hasn't been koed since his rebirth. Thanks for the scans Vince.

janus77
Surfer definitely could (depending on how serious he is).

Hulk would annihilate them but he'd probably be beyond "herald class" at that point.

abhilegend
Yeah you did:

^ Sound familiar? The scan I showed disproved your claim. I accepted he was up and trying to chase them. He didn't arrive at the planet with them though.

Being stunned doesn't make one fall like that. Ok. Yet even after minutes passed he wasn't anywhere close to skuttlebutt like you claimed when they reached the planet.

Keep believing that. Not a flash ko like superman punching WW from sun to earth. I never said he was properly koed. That's not my point from beginning.

h1a8
First of all Surfer was flashed koed, not debateable.
Second, who cares? Surfer has endured astronomically more than that without being koed. So that one showing doesn't even contribute 1% of the average of Surfer's durability.

A member controlled Surfer (or CIS off Surfer) would definitely beat that team.
But Surfer in character most likely wouldn't beat that team, at least for a majority.

Zoom or Flash fighting at their best could definitely beat the team. IMO Zoom is trans. Flash is bordering on trans, if he's not trans already. Superman is very high herald and so is Surfer, yet Zoom could beat either of them.

We need well defined definitions of the tiers (especially the trans tier). My definition for the minimum of a trans is someone who can beat over 99% of all high herald level characters in a 1 on 1 situation the majority of the time OR at least split even with most combinations of 2 high herald level characters when fighting 2 on 1 the majority of the time.

abhilegend
So, since Vince proved my statement as being legit...Surfer hasn't been koed since his rebirth. Thanks for the scans Vince.
Quite an ego there carv. Rest assured surfer is still the same he was before annihilation, his showings are still as inconsistent as ever (Hello attuma) and he certainly isn't beating this team.

DTM
I love the notion of a Flash KO. What is that, when youred stunned by a hit while in the midst of blinking, therefore youre flash KOed for the millisecond it takes to open your eyes again? smile Really, a KO is a Knock Out, being knocked unconscious for a half a second isnt a knock out, its a stun, at best (and in those scans, its not even shown that Surfer was KOed for even a half-second anyway).

carver9
Quite an ego there carv. Rest assured surfer is still the same he was before annihilation, his showings are still as inconsistent as ever (Hello attuma) and he certainly isn't beating this team.

How is Surfer being thrown around by Attuma a low showing for him when Attuma was amped.?

Damborgson
I can see it as a flash ko. He was limp floating for a few moments. I wouldn't be against anyone who disagreed with it really though.

golem370
Why is this thread about Silver Surfer being koed

janus77
Originally posted by golem370
Why is this thread about Silver Surfer being koed
Thor fans and Superman fans desperate to low ball Surfer.

Would you expect any better from them?

Damborgson
......I make one (open minded) post and I'm lowballing lol.

abhilegend
How is Surfer being thrown around by Attuma a low showing for him when Attuma was amped.?
Namor looked better than him.

abhilegend
Originally posted by Damborgson
......I make one (open minded) post and I'm lowballing lol.
Its janus. He would claim odin koing surfer is lowballing.

abhilegend
Originally posted by DTM
I love the notion of a Flash KO. What is that, when youred stunned by a hit while in the midst of blinking, therefore youre flash KOed for the millisecond it takes to open your eyes again? smile Really, a KO is a Knock Out, being knocked unconscious for a half a second isnt a knock out, its a stun, at best (and in those scans, its not even shown that Surfer was KOed for even a half-second anyway).
And where did you pull that millisecond from?

-Pr-
Not Irony...the truth.

You're as bad as he is. shrug

janus77
it definitely would be. cool

Damborgson

Well he is a Hulk fan. http://images.killermovies.com/forums/customsmilies/vin.gif guess he can't help it.

janus77
same stinky hole you pulled the "flash KO" from.

you have an awful lot of ...it inside of that head of yours.

janus77
Well he is a Hulk fan. http://images.killermovies.com/forums/customsmilies/vin.gif guess he can't help it.
see, given the frequency with which Thor is KOed, you should have an intimate knowledge of what a KO looks like.

I mean Hulk alone has given you what 3-4 examples of KOing Thor, this past year?

DTM

Probably from the same place that you got that Surfer was KOed at all from those scans, my mind. smile

Damborgson
Originally posted by janus77
see, given the frequency with which Thor is KOed, you should have an intimate knowledge of what a KO looks like.

I mean Hulk alone has given you what 3-4 examples of KOing Thor, this past year?

Sad that even with that many KO's he's still the superior of the two hee hee.

1 actually lol. Keep dreaming though.

janus77

1 actually lol. Keep dreaming though.
I guess those blows to the head have affected Thor's fans as much as Thor.

There's a line beyond which character identification becomes very unhealthy ... yes

Damborgson
Originally posted by janus77

There's a line beyond which character identification becomes very unhealthy ... yes

He didn't let those blows to the head stop him from KO'ing an abstract. smile

Acknowledging that one character is > another is simply stating the facts. Unhealthy is over-hyping a character so much that you starts to believe your own lies.

abhilegend
Originally posted by DTM
Probably from the same place that you got that Surfer was KOed at all from those scans, my mind. smile
Except surfer was seen falling from his board totally limp. That's when you're knocked out.

vince_slice
Originally posted by DTM
Yeah I agree, I don't even understand what a "flash knockout" is exactly. No one even bothered elaborating. Its apparently a knock out, but not really. Obviously there's a massive difference between being "knocked out" versus being "flash knocked out." Surfer was no where near being knocked out in the traditional sense. But, apparently if you're knocked off your board from a surprise attack, but you recover half a moment later, you're still considered knocked out. Makes no sense to me.

dmills
Lmfao!!!! This thread has turned into pure gold!

dmills
Its janus. He would claim odin koing surfer is lowballing. Originally posted by Damborgson
Well he is a Hulk fan. http://images.killermovies.com/forums/customsmilies/vin.gif guess he can't help it. Originally posted by janus77

I mean Hulk alone has given you what 3-4 examples of KOing Thor, this past year? Originally posted by Damborgson

1 actually lol. Keep dreaming though. Originally posted by janus77

There's a line beyond which character identification becomes very unhealthy ... yes Originally posted by Damborgson
He didn't let those blows to the head stop him from KO'ing an abstract. smile

Acknowledging that one character is > another is simply stating the facts. Unhealthy is over-hyping a character so much that you starts to believe your own lies.

http://www.sherv.net/cm/emo/laughing/rolling.gif

-Pr-
Guys, back on topic.

JakeTheBank
Christ. facepalm

pym-ftw
Void influenced Sentry (early Siege)
Professor X
Adam Warlock w/ Soul Gem

Sin I AM
A competent rider would stomp

ODG
If all the butthurt is to believed, FP Kuurth is "only a herald who only fought metas." He could win, y'know, seein as how he clearly isnt anything more than a herald who no-sold Magneto utterly and is completely immune to mind-phuckery and BFR.

carver9
Originally posted by ODG
If all the butthurt is to believed, FP Kuurth is "only a herald who only fought metas." He could win, y'know, seein as how he clearly isnt anything more than a herald who no-sold Magneto utterly and is completely immune to mind-phuckery and BFR.

FP Kuurth is more the Herald level. Hell, even while depowered, he was still crushing Colossonaut bones with single hits, something that Rulk and Thing combined was unable to do. So yeah, anyone believing him being nothing but a Herald is fooling themselves.

vince_slice
There were also people who claimed skyfathers and Galactus couldn't scratch Kuurth. I remember someone claiming you'd need something akin to the power of 20 god blasts to begin to scratch him. lol

DarkSaint85
I don't think any High Herald could pull out a majority against these three working in unison.

Damborgson
http://www.sherv.net/cm/emo/laughing/rolling.gif

I let my inner toll out from time to time stick out tongue
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Christ. facepalm
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m9g4mxiPdP1rc29jgo1_500.jpg

Guys, back on topic.
k

h1a8
There were also people who claimed skyfathers and Galactus couldn't scratch Kuurth. I remember someone claiming you'd need something akin to the power of 20 god blasts to begin to scratch him. lol

They can't harm him directly, not even close. They need to remove some or all of his enchantment to do so. If you can barely feel an attack then obviously an attack more than 20x greater is needed just to begin to damage you. Think about it.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.