Cheetah(Barbara Minerva) vs Namor the Sub Mariner

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

TheOneFirestorm
Scenario One 2 Days of Prep

Scenario Two
Random Encounter

Scenario Three
Random Encounter
Location: Outside the United Nations Building New York City New York

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/9/99789/2152811-cheetah.jpg

http://www.metrolic.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/namor_submariner.jpg

Q99
Barbara for the majority. She's way faster, and her claws should inflict a lot of damage.

Though if he goes into the water at a beach, she's not foolish enough to go under to face him unless he's in really bad shape already. She will actively try and prevent him from getting a chance of going for water, of course.

nwg202
Cheetah. Stronger, faster plus those claws will rip up Namor. Does she need to breath? The only way I see Namor having any chance is by drowning her.( if she needs oxygen)

Q99
I'm pretty sure she does.

StiltmanFTW
Can her claws pierce Namor? He's pretty damn durable against this kind of damage, unlike Diana.

Cogito
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Can her claws pierce Namor? He's pretty damn durable against this kind of damage, unlike Diana.

Her teeth just pierced Superman, who is (traditionally) durable against that kind of damage

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by Cogito
Her teeth just pierced Superman, who is (traditionally) durable against that kind of damage

I know, but that's dcnu and the pic used in the op is pre-reboot, I believe.

psycho gundam
http://i1099.photobucket.com/albums/g386/psychogundam1/random%20shit/amc.jpg

Q99
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
I know, but that's dcnu and the pic used in the op is pre-reboot, I believe.

Pre-reboot Cheetah's clawed up Superman, yea (a different host of the same cheetah power, but no stronger or weaker for it).

Cheetah is very strong and dangerous.

DarkSaint85
That was such a badass moment for Aquaman. Pr just lost it.

-Pr-
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
That was such a badass moment for Aquaman. Pr just lost it.

That's the third JL villain he's had a major hand in fighting. And he came up with the plan this time.

Geoff Johns is my hero.

DarkSaint85
I liked how he directed them around, like a general.

Or a king.

-Pr-
I liked how he directed them around, like a general.

Or a king.

Yep. And War for Atlantis is coming next; can't wait.

Golgo13
So, is DCnU Cheetah the most formidable on yet?

-Pr-
Originally posted by Golgo13
So, is DCnU Cheetah the most formidable on yet?

No.

guy222
namor

Golgo13
Originally posted by -Pr-
No.

She could potentially be, though. Just look at what she did to Superman and picture her doing that to the rest of the League.

Either way, I say Cheetah without much difficulty. Too fast and too strong.

DarkSaint85
Depends on the locale, though. She was owning them in the jungle, then Aquaman got smart.

On a beach, with no vines and no cover? Or in the city? Namor, i think.

Golgo13
With Cheetah and her Zoom upgrade, I don't think the enviroment will matter. Namor will be outclassed in speed and shredded up for a meal.

-Pr-
Originally posted by Golgo13
She could potentially be, though. Just look at what she did to Superman and picture her doing that to the rest of the League.

Either way, I say Cheetah without much difficulty. Too fast and too strong.

Potentially? Sure. Her showing in JL wasn't THAT impressive, though. Impressive, sure, but she's a ways behind the preboot one for now.

Q99
Depends on the locale, though. She was owning them in the jungle, then Aquaman got smart.

On a beach, with no vines and no cover? Or in the city? Namor, i think.

In the open, she's got her crazy speed. In the city, she's got a ton of ambush points to use her stealth.

nwg202
Wait...so she repeatedly tags Flash, cuts through superman's skin then gets scared of piranhas?

Is she subdued since she can't breath? or is Aquaman stronger then her in water? was she scared of all the mean looking fish? or was it all part of her plan to get captured?

On a sidenote, looks like sonics is trouble for Supes and Aquaman, his ears were bleeding. Bats seemed fine though...

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by nwg202
Wait...so she repeatedly tags Flash, cuts through superman's skin then gets scared of piranhas?

Is she subdued since she can't breath? or is Aquaman stronger then her in water? was she scared of all the mean looking fish? or was it all part of her plan to get captured?

On a sidenote, looks like sonics is trouble for Supes and Aquaman, his ears were bleeding. Bats seemed fine though...

I saw it as Aquaman was stronger, and her being in water (have you tried sprinting underwater?)

Plus, her own plan.

Also, she's a cat.

-Pr-

Sonics have been a problem for Aquaman for years.

I saw it as Aquaman was stronger, and her being in water (have you tried sprinting underwater?)

Plus, her own plan.

Also, she's a cat.

And she was gonna drown too.

comicfan11
Namor for the first one due to resources.
Namor for the second one due to proximity to water.
Cheetah for the third one due to land speed.

Aquaman has superhuman hearing that's why he was affected by the sonics.

As for Cheetah vs JL , Aquaman should be stronger than her underwater, and it shows in the pic. And also faster (underwater).

As for her bite. Isn't it magic? Isn't this the reason she was able to hurt Supes?

-Pr-
yep.

Q99

Different versions. Old universe vs new.

ares834
Nah, the new version did all of that.

Q99
Ah.

Then.... PIS? ^^

-Pr-
She's as fast as Flash, so was able to get the drop on Superman and bite him due to her magical teeth. Then she slashes Flash's leg before Diana knocks her in to the water.

One, she can't breath. Two, her main asset (her speed) becomes less useful under water. Three, Arthur brought an army with him to fight her, and could keep her in a chokehold if he wanted.

And she wanted to get captured. Not so much PIS as just good planning and Cheetah having an agenda of her own.

abhilegend
Namor wins. Cheetah's claws piercing superman is due to magic vulnerability.

Q99
Cheetah's claws have also pierced the like of Firestorm, who's tough and doesn't have a magic vulnerability.

Heck, Cheetah's plain ol' strength is really high.

-Pr-
Originally posted by Q99
Cheetah's claws have also pierced the like of Firestorm, who's tough and doesn't have a magic vulnerability.

Wasn't saying otherwise. She gave Diana a fight too.

Was more commenting on the people that were exaggerating a little bit.

guy222
cheetah fared well vs jl

complexbrother
Namor wins this. people are severly underestimating him.

abhilegend
Originally posted by Q99

Firestorm isn't a very tough guy to piercing attacks. I'm having a tough time to recall him being even bulletproof.

Compared to namor though? Good luck with that. Cheetah lacks durability to win this match.

TheOneFirestorm
Originally posted by abhilegend
Firestorm isn't a very tough guy to piercing attacks. I'm having a tough time to recall him being even bulletproof.

Compared to namor though? Good luck with that. Cheetah lacks durability to win this match.

How durable has Cheetah been shown to be?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.