Bench Press Earth

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

TheHulk
Alright let's say Hulk,Thor,Sentry,Gladiator,Captain Marvel,Black Adam and Doomsday replace Superman when he "bench pressed" The weight of earth,Who can replicate the ft or better who can do more like...a entire year or do it with one hand(impossible I know just an example)

Cogito
None of them have the feats to indicate that they can do it at all.

That feat was such a ridiculous high/outlier for Superman it's comical, and that's coming from a big Superman fan. I guarantee you he struggles to do much lower lifting feats in the near future and beyond.

CosmicComet
None of them.

None of them has shown that 6 sextillion tons is light enough for them to be able to benchpress for 5 days straight--while weakened-- with no real struggle.

Nor would any of them be able to benchpress enough weight to make the planet implode on itself as a side effect, as was said would happen if they tried to up the tonnage to find a limit for Supes.

keiththegreat
That feat almost puts Superman beyond the level of a high herald.

-K-M-
and don't forget he did it for 5 days....while weakened....and still didn't reach his max.

carver9
To one of these peeps, planetary weight isn't anything.

dmills
Originally posted by CosmicComet
None of them.

None of them has shown that 6 sextillion tons is light enough for them to be able to benchpress for 5 days straight--while weakened-- with no real struggle.

Nor would any of them be able to benchpress enough weight to make the planet implode on itself as a side effect, as was said would happen if they tried to up the tonnage to find a limit for Supes.

Pretty much. That shit kray...

Silent Master
Captain America
Snake-eyes
Remo Williams
Grifter
Killrazor

Magnon
Originally posted by TheHulk
Alright let's say Hulk,Thor,Sentry,Gladiator,Captain Marvel,Black Adam and Doomsday replace Superman when he "bench pressed" The weight of earth,Who can replicate the ft or better who can do more like...a entire year or do it with one hand(impossible I know just an example)

With the possible (but improbable) exception of Doomsday, none of them can bench press the weight of earth (against standard gravity). Not even close.

Damborgson
by feats none of them can. Even the Hulk.

deathlife
None going by feats.

SamZED
Dunno about feats but its safe to assume that most of them could if not replicate it then at least come close. And why not? Supes himself had no feats that'd suggest he could do it. Not until he actually did it. And characters on the list are supposed to be in his league strength-wise. So by feats.. probably none. But ask me if I see them replicate it in a comic? Yes, I do.

CosmicComet
What do you mean, supposed to be in his league strength wise?

They are in entirely different companies. There is no rule that they have to be equal in strength regardless of feats thus. You're getting caught up in non-canon forum designations, that try to clump people together in tiers.

It's not like the way it is for say, a Captain Marvel or Black Adam, where you could possibly assume they could replicate the feat just because they happen to be in the same company and seem to get the 'equal portrayal' in comparison to him. No, these guys have never even heard of Superman, Superman does not exist in their world.

psycho gundam
Originally posted by Damborgson
by feats none of them can. Even the Hulk. by feats before, right after, and in other comics superman can't, other than him inexplicably doing it

i see no reason why any of these guys couldn't replicate that feat since it's an aberration even within the same comic it appeared in. it was a forced outlier

keiththegreat
Originally posted by psycho gundam
by feats before, right after, and in other comics superman can't, other than him inexplicably doing it

i see no reason why any of these guys couldn't replicate that feat since it's an aberration even within the same comic it appeared in. it was a forced outlier

How about the fact that Thor needed help from BRB to BRIEFLY lift Asgard and looked like he was struggling beyond belief even then. And Asgard looked to be about the size of a mountain.

Zack Fair
Originally posted by SamZED
Dunno about feats but its safe to assume that most of them could if not replicate it then at least come close. And why not? Supes himself had no feats that'd suggest he could do it. Not until he actually did it. And characters on the list are supposed to be in his league strength-wise. So by feats.. probably none. But ask me if I see them replicate it in a comic? Yes, I do.

That Supes only had a year?

Damborgson
by feats before, right after, and in other comics superman can't, other than him inexplicably doing it

Which is all that matters in this case unfortunately. I think it was stupid also. Fan service that didn't progress the story and then contradicted itself by having Superman's "no chances taken" hit be only a mountain toppler inferior to classic Thor's standard strikes.

Because they haven't done it. Or shown anything that would suggest they could. Superman has the advantage of actually having done it.

"Id"
Lobo, Majestic, Plutionian.

CosmicComet
Originally posted by "Id"
Lobo, Majestic, Plutionian.

Lobo, sure, I guess.

Majestic, why? Pushing planets with flight speed aiding you, is not an equivalent feat, as that is not a pure strength feat.

Plutonian, yeah, definitely.

Zack Fair
i don't find the mountain leveling punch to be that bad. He said he would take no chances...so he punched with enough force to level a mountain. He didn't say "I will go all out and exterminate this thing" He didn't even know how powerful/durable the dino was which is probably why he still held back. Kind of what Supes always does.

My 2 cents.

Damborgson
That could be to I guess. It'd certainly help if he was holding back.

"Id"

Majestic, why? Pushing planets with flight speed aiding you, is not an equivalent feat, as that is not a pure strength feat.

More force, much more force is required to move planets from its orbital alignment.

And this was the entire solar system, not just Earth alone.

So yeah, Lobo, Majestic, or Plutonian could have accomplished bench the Earth feat.

psycho gundam
Originally posted by keiththegreat
How about the fact that Thor needed help from BRB to BRIEFLY lift Asgard and looked like he was struggling beyond belief even then. And Asgard looked to be about the size of a mountain. i don't think thor could do it, but that's what non-sequiturs are

CosmicComet
More force, much more force is required to move planets from its orbital alignment.

And this was the entire solar system, not just Earth alone.

Immaterial.

A lot of those planets, like Jupiter, aren't even truly solid, so there's telling you there was more than simply strength involved.

Besides this, again, its not a pure strength feat whatsoever. He did not simply do something like shove each individual planet. No, he held on to them and let his flight speed give him horse power in pushing them along.

It's not a pure strength feat, and thus we have no way of knowing at all how it would translate to his benchpressing strength.

Majestic's other, more concrete and quantifiable strength feats come absolutely nowhere close.

"Id"
Immaterial.

A lot of those planets, like Jupiter, aren't even truly solid, so there's telling you there was more than simply strength involved.

Besides this, again, its not a pure strength feat whatsoever. He did not simply do something like shove each individual planet. No, he held on to them and let his flight speed give him horse power in pushing them along.

It's not a pure strength feat, and thus we have no way of knowing at all how it would translate to his benchpressing strength.

Majestic's other, more concrete and quantifiable strength feats come absolutely nowhere close.

I am convinced you have no clue what your talking about.

Lord Feron
Originally posted by Cogito

That feat was such a ridiculous high/outlier for Superman it's comical, and that's coming from a big Superman fan. I guarantee you he struggles to do much lower lifting feats in the near future and beyond.

JakeTheBank

This.

Nibedicus
Annihilators moved planets nonchalantly. :-p

Based on character comments, tho.

Philosophía
The answer to this thread is:Originally posted by CosmicComet
None of them.

--

Originally posted by SamZED
Dunno about feats but its safe to assume that most of them could if not replicate it then at least come close. And why not? Supes himself had no feats that'd suggest he could do it. I'm afraid I can't follow this logic. Can you explain it to me, step by step?

Because I'm not seeing the reasoning on how this completly new version of Superman showing himself as being able to do it, means that the others can aswell.

Is every version of Superman, ever, a peer to the Marvel characters in strength, just because you want him to?

Eventough the prior Superman, pre-Flashpoint, was blatantly shown as stronger than Thor?

Different companies. Different Supermen. Different powerlevels.

Absorb that.

Lobo No.

Majestic No.

Plutionian. Yes, maybe.

Mindship

That feat was such a ridiculous high/outlier for Superman it's comical, and that's coming from a big Superman fan. I guarantee you he struggles to do much lower lifting feats in the near future and beyond. Already pretty much happened, imo, in that very issue.

Villelater
alright if any mentioned on that list has any chance...i would say the Hulk...it might take a few attempts to get his anger up to that power...but once he does he will also have the stamina because of his super-regeneration...you guys will Dis-agree but i had to post what i think...i said a few trys because just to appeal to DC fans better...

carver9
Originally posted by Villelater
alright if any mentioned on that list has any chance...i would say the Hulk...it might take a few attempts to get his anger up to that power...but once he does he will also have the stamina because of his super-regeneration...you guys will Dis-agree but i had to post what i think...i said a few trys because just to appeal to DC fans better...

I don't think it will be difficult at all. Savage Hulk while calm, powered through planetary power with no issues.

iceman24567
None of them

DarkSaint85
Haha, ok, I just want to ask this (and feel free to weigh in).

Superman, pushing Earth, is largely down to his flight, right?

We know his thrust from flying is nearly equal to the Flash (and in some instances, the Flash is faster).

Can the Flash replicate what Superman does, then?

If not, why not? Its down to Supes' strength, correct?

Mindset
Hulk.

But he's a skyfather.

-Pr-
Hulk probably, but it would have to be one of his stronger incarnations. Not some "calm" Hulk like someone will probably stupidly say.

CosmicComet
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Haha, ok, I just want to ask this (and feel free to weigh in).

Superman, pushing Earth, is largely down to his flight, right?

We know his thrust from flying is nearly equal to the Flash (and in some instances, the Flash is faster).

Can the Flash replicate what Superman does, then?

If not, why not? Its down to Supes' strength, correct?

Flash would simply run through the planet if he attempted such a thing.

He doesn't have the tactile telekinesis to spread his force over a wide enough area to move a planet.

Damborgson
Originally posted by carver9
I don't think it will be difficult at all. Savage Hulk while calm, powered through planetary power with no issues.
Originally posted by -Pr-
Hulk probably, but it would have to be one of his stronger incarnations. Not some "calm" Hulk like someone will probably stupidly say.

http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/250x250/30615026.jpg

DarkSaint85
Flash would simply run through the planet if he attempted such a thing.

He doesn't have the tactile telekinesis to spread his force over a wide enough area to move a planet.

Nor does anyone else without the S shield...

CosmicComet
Not quite.

We already know the reason tactile telekinesis is stated as a miscellaneous power in DC was for why large objects can be lifted without them collapsing in on themselves.

Superman lifts a skyscraper, and it doesn't fall apart. That sets the physics of the world because tactile telekinesis is an explanation of why this is possible. If Captain Marvel lifts a similar building and it doesn't fall apart either, then obviously he has a similar power arrangement involved within him as they share a universe.

carver9
Wait a minute. Are you all not aware that Superman lost tactile telekenis a while back? He no longer have that ability.

DarkSaint85
Not quite.

We already know the reason tactile telekinesis is stated as a miscellaneous power in DC was for why large objects can be lifted without them collapsing in on themselves.

Superman lifts a skyscraper, and it doesn't fall apart. That sets the physics of the world because tactile telekinesis is an explanation of why this is possible. If Captain Marvel lifts a similar building and it doesn't fall apart either, then obviously he has a similar power arrangement involved within him as they share a universe.

*mumble mumblemumble* SPEED FORCE!!!

Yeah...erm....just like Flash prevented the Earth from breaking up in the Obsidian Age, he can prevent a planet from breaking up by something something molecules vibrate.

You're copping out with your answer :-(

-Pr-
If Superman lifts big heavy objects, they don't always fall apart. He doesn't specifically have "tactile telekinesis"; that's Superboy.

It's just screwy comic book physics.

Mindset
Hulk probably, but it would have to be one of his stronger incarnations. Not some "calm" Hulk like someone will probably stupidly say. Skyfather Hulk?

-Pr-
Originally posted by Mindset
Skyfather Hulk?

I could see higher end WWH doing it. And extremely high end Savage too. And above, obviously.

Mindset
I want you to type, "Skyfather Hulk".

DarkSaint85
SkyHulk and HulkFather are also appropriate.

Mindset
thumb up

-Pr-
No.

Mindset
Accept Hulk as your lord and savior.

Let his gamma spirit envelope you.

Hallelujah.

DarkSaint85
In the name of the Banner, the Hulk, and the WorldBreaker.

The three who are one.

-Pr-
Accept Hulk as your lord and savior.

Let his gamma spirit envelope you.

Hallelujah.

That sounds vaguely sexual.

Mindset
Only if Carver knows where you live.

pym-ftw
Higher end Sentry, Voidtry could imho

Mindship
Given that this feat was quite calculable, I would think anyone who's strength is rated as "Incalculable" should be able to do it, otherwise that rating is meaningless at best, just plain wrong at worst.

TheHulk
I made this thread but still i did not know all of my selected characters were that weal... sad

Sin I AM
Immortal Hercules could

Mshinu
They are all candidates for feats of such magnitude, they just need someone to write it.

Sin I AM
Originally posted by Mshinu
They are all candidates for feats of such magnitude, they just need someone to write it.

Exactly everyone worth their salt could replicate the feat just as easily as Clark did

TheHulk
Originally posted by Sin I AM
Exactly everyone worth their salt could replicate the feat just as easily as Clark did thumb up just like Pak did for Herc,Waid for DD and now Hulk with his super speed big grin

-K-M-
Im sorry now were aruging all could do it...and easily?

ares834
Originally posted by Mshinu

Yep. I really hope Snyder has Batman do it soon enough.

thumb up

Mindship
Earthweight aside, this was a feat of stamina at least as much as a feat of strength. Does every character with Incalculable Strength automatically have Incalculable Stamina? Especially when cut off from their energy source for five days? Remember also, Supes barely broke a sweat.

These factors may thin out the field of potential Earthbenchers.

I also wonder: if one could easily bench Earth well over 100,000 times during the 5-day period, what would be a tough 1-rep max? Jupiter? The Sun?

Sin I AM
Originally posted by -K-M-
Im sorry now were aruging all could do it...and easily? yes

-K-M-
haha no

-Pr-
Exactly everyone worth their salt could replicate the feat just as easily as Clark did

Define "worth their salt".

Sin I AM
haha no

Um yes

Define "worth their salt".

Plutonian, Majestic, Hyperion, Kallark, Teth and billy, Classic Thor,Banner, Hercules etc...its a pretty feat but people are reading way too much into it
or,

-K-M-
Ok show me feats of theirs that imply they could actually do it then. As so far your entire "arguement" is just saying "yep they can"

-Pr-
Um yes

Plutonian, Majestic, Hyperion, Kallark, Teth and billy, Classic Thor,Banner, Hercules etc...its a pretty feat but people are reading way too much into it
or,

lol no.

Daredevil1
Someone do the math for me Superman benched 5.972 sextillion metric tons.

This might be one of classic Thors best feats. Gravity akin of a Neutron star with tons of debris on Thor.
http://www.comicvine.com/myvine/jeanroygrant/all-images/108-571141/thorstrength25/105-2148289/

A Neutron stars gravity from what I understand is 200 billion times earths gravity. So the gravity times earth + the debrie. How much would you say is that feat of Thors?

I imagine Supes still wins. But Thor sent all the debrie flying easily after he broke through as well. Pretty interesting I imagine though.

carver9
Neutron star>>>>>>planetary weight.

Daredevil1

Really? I'm thinking Supes number is still much greater though.....but not sure myself.

Sin I AM
Ok show me feats of theirs that imply they could actually do it then. As so far your entire "arguement" is just saying "yep they can"

Why? You know their feats as much as i. I see no point in posting them because you will simply discount it -_-. Hercules lifted the heavens, Kara has casually attempted to push the earth outta orbit. You guys Dick ride strength feats on this board wayyy to much. Clark has lifted Spectre who weighs as much as eternity...yet your fapping to a bench pressing earth feat. gtfoh

ares834

To bad Thor didn't lift a neutron star.

playa1258
Originally posted by Silent Master
Captain America
Snake-eyes
Remo Williams
Grifter
Killrazor Nice ****tard post.

Mindship
Originally posted by Daredevil1

This might be one of classic Thors best feats. Gravity akin of a Neutron star with tons of debris on Thor.
http://www.comicvine.com/myvine/jeanroygrant/all-images/108-571141/thorstrength25/105-2148289/

A Neutron stars gravity from what I understand is 200 billion times earths gravity. So the gravity times earth + the debrie. How much would you say is that feat of Thors?If we remove neutron-star gravity, I'd visually guess that the actual amount of debris dogpiled onto Thor would be, at most, a ton. Times 200 billion = 200 gigatons...about half the weight of Mt. Everest. Impressive, but hardly of Earthbenching calibre.

Originally posted by ares834
To bad Thor didn't lift a neutron star.
If Thor had benched a neutron star itself...we'd have a comparable if not superior feat (see my previous post). Eg, a neutron star about the size of a city would have more mass than the Sun.

Interestingly enough -- given talk about huge, lifted structures crumbling under their own weight -- a neutron star may be one of those objects that could be lifted crumble-free (ie, TTK need not apply).

-Pr-
Why? You know their feats as much as i. I see no point in posting them because you will simply discount it -_-. Hercules lifted the heavens, Kara has casually attempted to push the earth outta orbit. You guys Dick ride strength feats on this board wayyy to much. Clark has lifted Spectre who weighs as much as eternity...yet your fapping to a bench pressing earth feat. gtfoh

Don't bash while trying to deflect. erm

Damborgson
He resisted the gravity of a neutron star. Comic neutron stars seems to be differently used than the real world ones. Or writers don't really know what they can do. Still good feat.

Daredevil1
Originally posted by Mindship
If we remove neutron-star gravity, I'd visually guess that the actual amount of debris dogpiled onto Thor would be, at most, a ton. Times 200 billion = 200 gigatons...about half the weight of Mt. Everest. Impressive, but hardly of Earthbenching calibre.

Agreed that's what I was thinking. Thor does have another feat of gravity but it actually sounds "incalculable". Granted again it was classic Thor.

The Stone men got there gravitron device that aided them in defeating gravity. Rock guy even stated they used it to nullify there entire planets gravity.

After they used the gravitron on Thor and his people. He told them they would live there permanently, in the asteroid. As he stated there new infinite weight masses would keep them there buried in the asteroid Infinite gravity weight.........LOL.

I can buy it though since it is classic Thor 255(Stone Men from Saturn).

Sin I AM
Don't bash while trying to deflect. erm

Who bashed? I speak truths pr. Authur has a water displacement feat that is mind boggling. Hulk casually threatens planetary destruction while walking, yet the amount of wankage for the s shield is ridiculous. To suggest that none could replicate it given the nature of what many have done is asinine.

-K-M-

Would I now? Me thinks you cant prove your point. Oh and did you see the Hercules scan? He literally just had his hands up in the air....literally.

Now the last part is you being butt-hurt, not my fault.

carver9
Savage Hulk walking through blast that are capable of pushing planets is also up there as well. Planetary fts are great and all but has been repeated by a lot of people.

-K-M-
Savage Hulk walking through blast that are capable of pushing planets is also up there as well. Planetary fts are great and all but has been repeated by a lot of people.

When was this? Oh and did you miss the part where he did it for 5 days?....while weakened...and not at his peak?

That's also a durability feat, heck Superman survived two plants colliding into each other. Completly different thing that is being talked about here.

pym-ftw
Not superman

keiththegreat
The mass was, and I quote, "AKIN to a neutron star". Not a neutron star. Nice try though. Thor and Bill STRUGGLED with lifting asgard and couldn't hold it for very long even together.

-Pr-
Who bashed? I speak truths pr. Authur has a water displacement feat that is mind boggling. Hulk casually threatens planetary destruction while walking, yet the amount of wankage for the s shield is ridiculous. To suggest that none could replicate it given the nature of what many have done is asinine.

You did.

Nobody's wanking anything. It was just a stupidly high feat that not every herald is going to replicate. Even Superman would have trouble replicating it.

Sin I AM
Would I now? Me thinks you cant prove your point. Oh and did you see the Hercules scan? He literally just had his hands up in the air....literally.

Now the last part is you being butt-hurt, not my fault.

Yea so..he was supporting the heavens. Its a metaphysical feat, what did you expect? Him holding a barbel with clouds attached to the ends.

-K-M-
Yea so..he was supporting the heavens. Its a metaphysical feat, what did you expect? Him holding a barbel with clouds attached to the ends.

Sort of like how Superman lifted infinity weight (twice)? Give me some quantifable examples.

In your opinion how much do the "heavens" way then? I remind you it's mostly just air.

keiththegreat

The Hulk was at the maddest he'd ever been to that point and he was shaking the eastern seaboard of one continent of a planet. Superman ALWAYS holds back. He was basically the equivalent of lifting the Earth over his head over and over for 5 days while weakened, and there was barely any strain on his face at all.

-K-M-
You did.

Nobody's wanking anything. It was just a stupidly high feat that not every herald is going to replicate. Even Superman would have trouble replicating it.

Bingo, it's a ridic showing and nor do I support it and nor do I think Superman will continue to be at those levels.

Sin I AM
Sort of like how Superman lifted infinity weight (twice)? Give me some quantifable examples.

In your opinion how much do the "heavens" way then? I remind you it's mostly just air.

what do u want numbers like in the supes feat? Or more examples similar Like the towing of Manhattan? Or holding a planet together which is exponentially more powerful since there is a force your fighting against

-K-M-
what do u want numbers like in the supes feat? Or more examples similar Like the towing of Manhattan? Or holding a planet together which is exponentially more powerful since there is a force your fighting against

Numbers, because if we go by unquantifiable Superman he has lifted eternity...twice. If we go by those then this feat is nothing, and still way way way better then most of the people on the list has ever done.

Colossus-Big C
Numbers, because if we go by unquantifiable Superman he has lifted eternity...twice. If we go by those then this feat is nothing, and still way way way better then most of the people on the list has ever done. Captain Marvel Has Also Lifted Infinite Weight, Why is this always never mentioned?

Black Adam Should Be able to do it.

Daredevil1
The mass was, and I quote, "AKIN to a neutron star". Not a neutron star. Nice try though.

Akin is equal to similar hence to the comparison to a neutron star. It stands on it own but still not as impressive as Nu Supes.

JakeTheBank
The mass was, and I quote, "AKIN to a neutron star". Not a neutron star. Nice try though. Thor and Bill STRUGGLED with lifting asgard and couldn't hold it for very long even together.

That's not Thor's best strength feat, though, not by far.

Unless you're arguing that Asgard feat should take precedence over Thor's multiple higher feats?

Juntai
Even Superman would have trouble replicating it. ??

PillarofOsiris
Originally posted by Daredevil1

A Neutron stars gravity from what I understand is 200 billion times earths gravity. So the gravity times earth + the debrie. How much would you say is that feat of Thors?

I imagine Supes still wins. But Thor sent all the debrie flying easily after he broke through as well. Pretty interesting I imagine though.

Not really as impressive as you're making it out to be. As someone stated already "akin" does not mean equal. Also, I've heard people (not saying you) make this feat seem like Thor was lifting a neutron star, or some such thing. not the case. I've read an average human would weigh like 20 trillion lbs on a neutron star, so that debris, while it would weigh a lot, wouldn't be ANYWHERE close to what Superman lifted in his feat.

celeyhyga17
Originally posted by PillarofOsiris
Not really as impressive as you're making it out to be. As someone stated already "akin" does not mean equal. Also, I've heard people (not saying you) make this feat seem like Thor was lifting a neutron star, or some such thing. not the case. I've read an average human would weigh like 20 trillion lbs on a neutron star, so that debris, while it would weigh a lot, wouldn't be ANYWHERE close to what Superman lifted in his feat.

I read something similar. An average man can weigh between 30 to 40 trillion lbs on a neutron star depending on the star's mass/size. That's around 15 to 20 billion tons. If you factor in the actual tonnage of the debris and his weight, he probably busted out against hundreds of billions and possibly into the lower trillions of tons. I hate to use real world math for comic physics, but I'm just estimating. His "gravity of a neutron star" feat while very impressive is still far below the sextillion tons Clark was pressing.

Fifthchild
The Hulk was at the maddest he'd ever been to that point and he was shaking the eastern seaboard of one continent of a planet. Superman ALWAYS holds back. He was basically the equivalent of lifting the Earth over his head over and over for 5 days while weakened, and there was barely any strain on his face at all.

This is getting a bit out of hand. From the scans i saw Superman wasnt weakened. There was the suggestion that he might be getting tired because he had been out of direct sunlight for 5 days. Superman himself didnt notice this and when he went to the sun later he couldnt be sure whether this theory was true or not so the idea that he was noticably diminished from his normal operating levels seems hard to support.

Secondly there was obvious strain in his voice:

"Thats....it? Thats...all...you've...got?"

And from that first image i would say there was strain on his face as well. And to top it off on the next page the Dr in fact outright states that he was straining when she suggested it might have been because he had been out of the sun for so long.

"You might have been straining only because - "

Its an awesome strength feat and an even more awesome endurance feat but its not like he was casually doing it with a smile on his face, one-handed, laughing and joking etc.

Sin I AM
Originally posted by Juntai
??

methinks he's saying Clark won't replicate it anytime soon

Numbers, because if we go by unquantifiable Superman he has lifted eternity...twice. If we go by those then this feat is nothing, and still way way way better then most of the people on the list has ever done.

Difficult, the only one that comes to mind is the tectonic plate one. And you'd have to use real world physics to calculate it...

Damborgson
When was this? Oh and did you miss the part where he did it for 5 days?....while weakened...and not at his peak?

That's also a durability feat, heck Superman survived two plants colliding into each other. Completly different thing that is being talked about here.

He's talking about when Hulk fought vector.

Daredevil1
Originally posted by PillarofOsiris

As I pointed out akin means similar to the gravity of a neutron star. Obviously since it's not a star it's not exactly the same. Hence akin.

-K-M-
Originally posted by Damborgson
He's talking about when Hulk fought vector.

Oh that? Meh!

carver9

Lol...if someone can walk through an ONGOING blast capable of PUSHING planets out of orbit, that's planetary+ power. This isn't being hit by a planet, this is POWERING through it.

-K-M-
No that's ALSO a durability feat, that is not pressing the weight which as noted is the subject of this thread. So I'll repeat, how is that a bench press again and how is that on the level of what Superman did?

Has Vector ever pushed a planet out of orbit? No, how do you know it wasn't hyerbole? By the way Im using your logic from other threads

PillarofOsiris
By the way Im using your logic from other threads

good luck with that. watch how he argues that gladiator will destroy thor because of how much faster he is, but yet, the hulk would have no problem with gladiator or superman using speed against him for some reason.

NemeBro
Lol...if someone can walk through an ONGOING blast capable of PUSHING planets out of orbit, that's planetary+ power. This isn't being hit by a planet, this is POWERING through it.

I can push greater weights than I can bench-press.

Though I can certainly bench more than everyone on this site combined, multiplied by 1,000,000,000.

-K-M-
Originally posted by NemeBro
Though I can certainly bench more than everyone on this site combined, multiplied by 1,000,000,000.

It's true, I've seen it thumb up

carver9
I'm tired of people saying that. I want someone to show me ONE post where I said Gladiator would beat anyone because of speed. I NEVER use speed as a deciding factor for a fight...especially when that character gets hit 99% on panel. Show me my quote where I said this.

abhilegend
Really?

abhilegend

No.

Mindset
Originally posted by abhilegend
No. Originally posted by abhilegend
Really?

Damborgson
I'm tired of people saying that. I want someone to show me ONE post where I said Gladiator would beat anyone because of speed. I NEVER use speed as a deciding factor for a fight...especially when that character gets hit 99% on panel. Show me my quote where I said this.

I actually believe that. thumb up

He's argued plenty of times against the speed kills argument. I would HOPE he wouldn't use it for gladiator.

-Pr-

It wasn't a forced outlier, for starters.

Mindset
It wasn't a forced outlier, for starters. Originally posted by abhilegend
Really? Originally posted by abhilegend
No.

Juntai
methinks he's saying Clark won't replicate it anytime soon
Only because they don't need to ram it down your throat all the time. He barely broke a sweat holding it 5 days while cut from his power source. That tells me benching the Earth is an -easy- task for him.

psycho gundam
It wasn't a forced outlier, for starters. Originally posted by abhilegend
No. i don't believe you believe that

abhilegend
i don't believe you believe that
Only you believe that.

Mindset
No.

Juntai
Only you believe that. I believe I can fly.

DarkSaint85
I believe I can touch the sky.

-Pr-
I think about it every night and day.

i don't believe you believe that

It was a high feat, sure. But that whole comic was about showing how powerful Superman was. The feat wasn't contradicted or lessened in any way by the following pages.

DarkSaint85
Reported for derailing thread.

Edit: damn it.

Mindset
Spread my wings and fly away.

Juntai

Mindset

Edit: damn it. Reported for ruining the song.

psycho gundam
Only you believe that. you must have stopped reading the comic after that feat occurred, and forgot everything else DCnU superman took part in prior to that feat.

Mindset
http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/011/296/success_baby.jpg?1251168454 Noob.

-Pr-

Edit: damn it.

vin

abhilegend
I believe I can fly.
laughing out loud

Mindset
vin Did you get my report?

Juntai
Noob. I failed.
crybaby

pym-ftw
Technically by displacing gravity with something of that magnitude of mass should have likewise displaced gravity on the earth thus the weight is voided, and its a feat of superman staying awake for five days.....

Don't apply real world physics

Mindset
Originally posted by pym-ftw
Technically by displacing gravity with something of mass should have likewise displaced gravity on the earth thus the weight is voided, and its a feat of superman staying awake for five days.....

Don't apply real world physics thumb up

Superman is a weak feeb.

abhilegend
you must have stopped reading the comic after that feat occurred, and forgot everything else DCnU superman took part in prior to that feat.
You must have tears in your eyes after reading that page and cried yourself to sleep that night. What makes you think it was an outlier? The fact that superman was outpowered by a kryptonian monster? You must be really desperate to think that as a low showing. As for Jurgens or Perez, they were edited by your favorite editor Matt Idleson.

Mindset
You must have tears in your eyes after reading that page and cried yourself to sleep that night. What makes you think it was an outlier? The fact that superman was outpowered by a kryptonian monster? You must be really desperate to think that as a low showing. As for Jurgens or Perez, they were edited by your favorite editor Matt Idleson. Originally posted by Mindset
thumb down

Superman is a weak feeb.

-Pr-
Did you get my report?

Yes. Very shameful.

You must have tears in your eyes after reading that page and cried yourself to sleep that night. What makes you think it was an outlier? The fact that superman was outpowered by a kryptonian monster? You must be really desperate to think that as a low showing. As for Jurgens or Perez, they were edited by your favorite editor Matt Idleson.

Shut up.

Juntai
Originally posted by pym-ftw
Technically by displacing gravity with something of that magnitude of mass should have likewise displaced gravity on the earth thus the weight is voided, and its a feat of superman staying awake for five days.....

Don't apply real world physics If it sounds stupid, but it works. It's not stupid.

Mindset
Juntai, you complete me.

psycho gundam
I think about it every night and day.

It was a high feat, sure. But that whole comic was about showing how powerful Superman was. The feat wasn't contradicted or lessened in any way by the following pages. not contradicted, but it wasn't sequential with prior feats nor feats immediately after. other than the fact he did do it you have no indication he even could do something half as good while fully powered, that's all i'm trying to say

nobody ever tested black adam for example, so to say he couldn't replicate it doesn't make too much sense

abhilegend
Yes. Very shameful.

Shut up.
What?

-Pr-
not contradicted, but it wasn't sequential with prior feats nor feats immediately after. other than the fact he did do it you have no indication he even could do something half as good while fully powered, that's all i'm trying to say

nobody ever tested black adam for example, so to say he couldn't replicate it doesn't make too much sense

I disagree, unless you're talking just about the Superman book, which wasn't exactly great anyway, and was ran by people with an agenda.

What about Adam?

What?

Don't make things personal.

abhilegend
I disagree, unless you're talking just about the Superman book, which wasn't exactly great anyway, and was ran by people with an agenda.

What about Adam?

Don't make things personal.
I wasn't making it personal. That was just sarcasm at the way gundam hates superman.

abhilegend
Also that kryptonian monster was a mile long

http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k508/abhilegend/Superman/th_Supergirl-Zone-001.jpg

No wonder it was able to overpower superman.

-Pr-
I wasn't making it personal. That was just sarcasm at the way gundam hates superman.

Addressing him personally, using words like "you" and "your" whether he hates Superman or not, is still seen as being personal.

You can argue without saying things like that, you know.

psycho gundam
I wasn't making it personal. That was just sarcasm at the way gundam hates superman. you're the carver of "superman guys"

-Pr-
you're the carver of "superman guys"

And you're the ODG of Hulk guys. mmm

psycho gundam
Also that kryptonian monster was a mile long

http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k508/abhilegend/Superman/th_Supergirl-Zone-001.jpg

No wonder it was able to overpower superman. it just needed the tip of it's tail, bruh

And you're the ODG of Hulk guys. mmm he's one of the forum's best posters, even if you don't agree with him

psycho gundam
I wasn't making it personal. That was just sarcasm at the way gundam hates superman. and you hate sick babies

goodnight, abhi

http://i1099.photobucket.com/albums/g386/psychogundam1/gifs/sinatra6.gif

JakeTheBank
laughing out loud / facepalm

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>