Morg w\WOL vs Gladiator w\full confidence

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Nihilist
Who wins

zopzop
Originally posted by Nihilist
Who wins
laughing Obviously NOT Gladiator!

Nihilist
What iyo gives glads the win? Is it his speed or planet obliterating. Punching power!

golem370
Morg imo my reason is when Morg took on the other heralds Terrax wanted Silver Surfer to go get Galactus because he said even with the Silver Surfer they would die.

pym-ftw
Terrax is also a *****

Morg wins

golem370
Terrax was the only herald powerful even to make Morg work for it other then SS

Damborgson
Morg

celestialdemon
Morg wins.

Lord Feron
What exactly is Glad's full confidence? Is this when he just chooses not to be affected by attacks like when he brought down Vulcan?

JakeTheBank
Gladiator's at full confidence unless otherwise stated or alluded to the contrary. (ie. the vast majority of his appearances).

celeyhyga17
Morg easily

carver9
Jake has a vendetta against Gladiator. It's noticeable.

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by carver9
Jake has a vendetta against Gladiator. It's noticeable.

Carv, I know more about Gladiator than you do.

This whole "full confidence" stipulation that rears its head in threads concerning him doesn't even make sense, and it's a shoddy attempt to try and use a mythical "pre-crisis Superman rivaling" version of the character that, frankly, doesn't exist.

His confidence has and is only a factor when it's been specifically altered in some way. And in the majority of his appearances, his confidence isn't an issue at all. If anything, in character, Gladiator has an abundance of confidence as he's a loyal braggart for the Shi'ar Empire and its Empress.

psycho gundam
exactly.

it's just like the "base hulk" myth/nonsense in these boards some people are peddling. why would gladiator be in a forum fight after he lost his job and after a spell of impotence?

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by psycho gundam
exactly.

it's just like the "base hulk" myth/nonsense in these boards some people are peddling. why would gladiator be in a forum fight after he lost his job and after a spell of impotence?

thumb up

If anything, Pak's run alone should have dispelled that idea that Hulk has to amp in order to be an elite class 100 brick or whatever you wanna call it nowadays. And there's plenty of stories out there before that where Hulk isn't even incredibly raging pissed when he performs exceptional feats.

psycho gundam
well yeah, but gladiator not being confident for a fight makes non sense. MAYBE if he were going to fight the phoenix of something he'd be hesitant, but him being powerless from it, never

JakeTheBank
Yeah. And as far as I know, the mods officially ruled that Gladiator is at full confidence by default anyway.

h1a8
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Gladiator's at full confidence unless otherwise stated or alluded to the contrary. (ie. the vast majority of his appearances).

Why is this when it doesn't even go along with common sense.
A being is usually at average confidence.
No one is going to have the same confidence everytime we see them. So we assume average confidence, not full.

psycho gundam
full confidence, not over confidence

Dampyre
Gladiator would lose to regular Morg for a majority. With the WOL, Morg kills him. This fight will not last very long.

carver9
@ Jake...

I agree with you about Gladiator powerset BUT you make it a habit to downplay_the character. It's ok Jake, you don't have to admit it because it shows bro. As for the fight, Gladiator caves Morg head in.

JakeTheBank
@ Jake...

I agree with you about Gladiator powerset BUT you make it a habit to downplay_the character. It's ok Jake, you don't have to admit it because it shows bro. As for the fight, Gladiator caves Morg head in.

Do you also agree that I know more about Gladiator than you do?

Me stating what happens in comics and citing actual feats and issues =/= me downplaying the character.

Morg pulls a Sandusky on Gladiator.

h1a8
I disagree. I think Glads wins but not easy.

celeyhyga17
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Morg pulls a Sandusky on Gladiator.

and here I always thought you were a good human being.
sick

carver9
@Jake...

You troll the hell out of Glads and you underestimate him as well. Let's get off of this topic because you will never admit the truth

JakeTheBank
How am I trolling Gladiator? Pointing out when he's gotten beat up? Being knowledgeable on the character and his abilities?

carver9
@Jake...

By showing up in his threads CONSISTENTLY downplaying the character. You do it all of the time, lets not pretend like you are blind to this. Gladiator doesn't get beat up "outside of plot".

carver9
The elder did break his risk BUT that same Elder was amped off of power from billions of Aliens.

JakeTheBank
laughing out loud

Carv, you're one of the KMC Lowballing Champions, so, please, do yourself a favor and quit while you're ahead.

As far as your statement about Gladiator not being beat up "outside of plot", considering all feats and fight are in some manner dictated by plot and the story, that line of argument goes to everyone ever.

Gladiator's been beat up and defeated plenty of times without plot device if that's what you're trying to argue against. And yet, I'm the troll here? This is rich.

leonidas
lol

usual nonsense. anyway:

Originally posted by Dampyre
Gladiator would lose to regular Morg for a majority. With the WOL, Morg kills him. This fight will not last very long.

and btw what the hell is 'average' confidence......?

Dampyre
Originally posted by leonidas
lol

usual nonsense. anyway:

and btw what the hell is 'average' confidence......?

Nonsense? This mythological Gladiator folks are talking about might win. The one that appears in comics most certainly loses. Morg is very close in terms of power to Gladiator's superior, the Silver Surfer. Being able to beat up on the Thing or Wonder Man isn't going to cut it here.

Gladiator is tough, but he is way out-matched against an amped Morg.

carver9
@Jake...

Again, outside of plot, Gladiator has never been beaten up/defeated. It takes a plot to defeat this character. By the way, you've made it a habit to lowball Gladiator. The next time you do it, I will point it out.

AlmightyKfish
Morg, and it's not too hard for him.

Glads vs base Morg would be a fair fight, but vs a version of the guy who stomped Firelord, Air Walker, Terrax and Nova in one fight? It's not gonna go well for Gladiator.

h1a8
I say Glads wins. He's much more powerful nowadays than ever. And the planet busting feat is something I'll never forget.

Branlor Swift
and btw what the hell is 'average' confidence......? Like you feel when you go to the store to go get some cheese or milk? You know you can't do it well, but you can completely **** it up. I guess?

Milk and Cheese Glads loses at any rate

Damborgson
@Jake...

Again, outside of plot, Gladiator has never been beaten up/defeated. It takes a plot to defeat this character. By the way, you've made it a habit to lowball Gladiator. The next time you do it, I will point it out.

http://i709.photobucket.com/albums/ww99/Strangerinthenight/Newer/WOLVERINEX-MEN-ZONE-020.jpg

carver9
It took 4 of the 5 to do that to him. One of the Phoenix member curbed some High Heralds easily. In your eyes, what High Herald can take on and defeat 4 of the Phoenix five.?

Dampyre
It took 4 of the 5 to do that to him. One of the Phoenix member curbed some High Heralds easily. In your eyes, what High Herald can take on and defeat 4 of the Phoenix five.?

It didn't take 4 to beat Gladiator. They just decided to gang-rape him. He was losing to Clyclos alone and was going down anyway.

leonidas
Nonsense? This mythological Gladiator folks are talking about might win. The one that appears in comics most certainly loses. Morg is very close in terms of power to Gladiator's superior, the Silver Surfer. Being able to beat up on the Thing or Wonder Man isn't going to cut it here.

Gladiator is tough, but he is way out-matched against an amped Morg.

lol

bro, i was agreeing with you...... my comments weren't directed at you. just the quoted part was. wink

Dampyre
lol

bro, i was agreeing with you...... my comments weren't directed at you. just the quoted part was. wink

Oh, my bad. smile

leonidas
thumb up

quanchi112
Morg rapes.

h1a8
Wrong! Glads has speed and power on his side. I say he wins.

quanchi112
Originally posted by h1a8
Wrong! Glads has speed and power on his side. I say he wins. When has Glads used his speed and power to quickly dominate someone of Morg's power and durability level. Let's see you actually provide something as a basis for an argument.

golem370
At Morg's best was assumed to be able to beat Silver Surfer, Firelord, Nova, Air-Walker and Terrax all at time.

carver9
It didn't take 4 to beat Gladiator. They just decided to gang-rape him. He was losing to Clyclos alone and was going down anyway.

Show me scans of Cyclops having an advantage during that fight?

Branlor Swift
@ Jake...

I agree with you about Gladiator powerset BUT you make it a habit to downplay_the character. It's ok Jake, you don't have to admit it because it shows bro. As for the fight, Gladiator caves Morg head in. Originally posted by carver9
@Jake...

Carver makes some great points here.

abhilegend
Stop harassing Carver bran!

Branlor Swift
I would highly recommend anyone to google "carver9 Gladiator"

It's filled with some great stuff. Either Gladiator gets talked up tremendously, or it's a bait thread against Gladiator. Carver gets completely eclipsed though once h1 enters the thread. Kind of sad how Carver can't match that.

But anyway, my point was that Carver's Gladiator is one of the most powerful beings in the universe.

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by Branlor Swift

It's filled with some great stuff. Either Gladiator gets talked up tremendously, or it's a bait thread against Gladiator. Carver gets completely eclipsed though once h1 enters the thread. Kind of sad how Carver can't match that.

But anyway, my point was that Carver's Gladiator is one of the most powerful beings in the universe.

Just under Hulk.

Which, incidentally, is the name of his slash fiction.

abhilegend
I found some writer GladHulkismygod on FF. Net writing Hulk killing entire DCU along with Thanos and Thor with his fart. Only wonder woman survived.

Seemed familiar.

mmm

Branlor Swift
lol

abhilegend
lol
Second chapter was Gladiator killing Thanos and Thor by urinating on them.

mmm

Branlor Swift
That's Carver to a capital C. A big C if you will.

CarverBigC

zom1967
i like Glads,but he can`t beat Morg with waters of life.He was sky father level at that point.

abhilegend
Strangely, the writer was asking everyone who read the story to answer this question:

"Who can eat Gladiator's hammer"?

Dunno what that means.

srug

carver9
Really?

Time Immemorial

He secretly loves Superman but hates DC, so Gladiator fills the empty hole in his heart.

DarkSaint85
Really?

Haven't you ever wondered who could eat Glads' hammer?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.