Which is more durable?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carver9
Primary Adamantium
Diana Bracers
Captain America shield
Mljonir
The Destroyer Armor
Classic Mangog skin
Kyle best shields

Please rank them in order.

Golgo13
Kyle's best shields? Switch that with Brainiac's 13's force field.

CosmicComet
Ah my boi Carver.

You do sport that sig well.

Almost...too well...

carver9
Originally posted by CosmicComet
Ah my boi Carver.

You do sport that sig well.

Almost...too well...

Happy Dance

I think this one is permanent bro.

googol

carver9

JakeTheBank
lol

carver9
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
lol

So if the Hulk ripped the Destroyer arm off, would you be surprised?

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by carver9
So if the Hulk ripped the Destroyer arm off, would you be surprised?

I'd be surprised Marvel let you write a comic, yeah.

CosmicComet
I'd be surprised Marvel let you write a comic, yeah.

http://www.comicdom.gr/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/Greg_Pak-300x225.jpg

StiltmanFTW
Primary Adamantium
Diana Bracers
Captain America shield
Mljonir
The Destroyer Armor
Classic Mangog skin
Kyle best shields

Cap's shield
Primary adamantium
Mjolnir/Destroyer armor
Diana's bracers
Mangog's skin
Kyle's shields

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by CosmicComet
http://www.comicdom.gr/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/Greg_Pak-300x225.jpg

Pak's wanking had some semblance of storyline and development for characters. And his wanking was thorough in that he actually was well versed in Hulk's history before building up to Heart of the Monster, which was basically his final stroke (pause).

A "Carver9" run of Incredible Hulk would be the death knell for the character.

Zack Fair
Carver's run would be something like Loeb's Rulk on roids.

JakeTheBank
His Gladiator back up after the comic would be even worse.

StiltmanFTW
Fortunately he never leaves his mom's basement, so Marvel won't hire him.

googol
So if the Hulk ripped the Destroyer arm off, would you be surprised? just not gonna happen on a comic

carver9
His Gladiator back up after the comic would be even worse.

Lol... laughing out loud laughing out loud

I remember those days where me and you use to be like Wolverine and Colossus. What happened to those days Jake?

Horrificus
no sign of Mangog's hide ever being damaged. Even against Odin.

JakeTheBank
Lol... laughing out loud laughing out loud

I remember those days where me and you use to be like Wolverine and Colossus. What happened to those days Jake?

I can save you, but only if you let me.

abhilegend
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Cap's shield
Primary adamantium
Mjolnir/Destroyer armor
Diana's bracers
Mangog's skin
Kyle's shields
Among those, there is only one thing that's never been broken even by skygather level beings and that's diana's bracers. Cap's shield got broken like paper by Serpent and mjolnir has been cleaved in half by destroyer and Perrikus' scythe.

Horrificus
Originally posted by abhilegend
Among those, there is only one thing that's never been broken even by skygather level beings and that's diana's bracers. Cap's shield got broken like paper by Serpent and mjolnir has been cleaved in half by destroyer and Perrikus' scythe. Mangog's hide has NEVER been broken. Even against THE skyfather. Even in the second Mangog appearance, Odin slashes Mangog with ZERO result.

Well, there was ONE result. That is that Odin got close enough for Mangog to pick up in one hand, carry around like a helpless doll, until he throws him down so hard, Odin was ko.

So, there was that result.

abhilegend
Originally posted by Horrificus
Mangog's hide has NEVER been broken. Even against THE skyfather. Even in the second Mangog appearance, Odin slashes Mangog with ZERO result.

Well, there was ONE result. That is that Odin got close enough for Mangog to pick up in one hand, carry around like a helpless doll, until he throws him down so hard, Odin was ko.

So, there was that result.
Wolverine disagrees.

JakeTheBank
Classic Mangog =/= Current Mangog

googol
Wolverine disagrees. that was jobber mangog, not classic

can you name the herald level guy wolverine cant cut?

-Pr-
Just gonna leave this here...

http://i.imgur.com/jFX8O.jpg

bbrem123
Classic Mangog would be first followed by Diana's bracers. The destroyer armor could also be up there depending on who animates it.

carver9
Originally posted by -Pr-
Just gonna leave this here...

http://i.imgur.com/jFX8O.jpg

Hahahahahahahaha... laughing out loud laughing out loud

Mindship
Primary Adamantium
Diana Bracers
Captain America shield
Mljonir
The Destroyer Armor
Classic Mangog skin
Kyle best shields

Please rank them in order. Reminds me of the question I posted in Comic Book Questions a while back...Originally posted by Mindship
Not including Hulk's purple pants, what are the 3 most indestructible items used regularly by a herald-level character or below? Just as examples: Wonder Woman's lasso, Cap's shield, Surfer's board.

>>> Is there any item which has never been damaged, not in the least? <<< ...and never got a response to. sad

carver9
Wonder Woman bracers never been damaged.

Mindship
Merci, Carver.

Placidity
Hulk is weakest

StiltmanFTW
Classic Mangog =/= Current Mangog

You're right, modern one was amped, as stated on panel.

stick out tongue

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by Mindship
Merci, Carver.

Word of advice: don't believe everything carver says.

He might be right about this one, I'm not a big dc fan, but it'd be much better to ask some expert/semi-expert.

Mindship
Word of advice: don't believe everything carver says.

He might be right about this one, I'm not a big dc fan, but it'd be much better to ask some expert/semi-expert. I hear ya. But I think I've been around KMC long enough (I hope so, anyway) to have gotten a good sense of who actually knows what, who BS's, etc. At the very least, I thank Carver for his input, being he's the only one who addressed my question (after I whined in general).

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by Mindship
I hear ya. But I think I've been around KMC long enough (I hope so, anyway) to have gotten a good sense of who actually knows what, who BS's, etc. At the very least, I thank Carver for his input, being he's the only one who addressed my question (after I whined in general).

You've been around here very long, true. It's just that recently he had a few screw-ups you might have not seen that misled some members.

I think the bracers were broken in at least one Elsewords story (but that obviously doesn't count). Other than that, Rage's been telling me about an instance when it was stated they wouldn't withstand another strike from Superman or something. It isn't saying much though, same has been said about Cap's shield and Mandarin...

Mindship
You've been around here very long, true. It's just that recently he had a few screw-ups you might have not seen that misled some members.

I think the bracers were broken in at least one Elsewords story (but that obviously doesn't count). Other than that, Rage's been telling me about an instance when it was stated they wouldn't withstand another strike from Superman or something. It isn't saying much though, same has been said about Cap's shield and Mandarin... "Indestructible" artifacts have been a staple of comics since nearly the beginning, only to have some (albeit, extraordinary) events show them to be otherwise. I was curious if anything had stayed true to its claim of being indestructible, a property I sometimes treat (erroneously, it would seem) as an "abstract" in and of itself.

Also, like many, I like to know what the "ultimates" are, eg, who's the strongest, the fastest, etc. I find this helps me to organize, if you will, so much comic info.

Lord Feron
Bracers, I don't even think they ever were broken but then again idk if the worse punishment it withstood is greater than other things like cap's sheild or primary adamantium.

h1a8
Primary Adamantium
Diana Bracers
Captain America shield
Mljonir
The Destroyer Armor
Classic Mangog skin
Kyle best shields

Diana bracers
Primary adamantium
Destroyer
Caps shield
Mjolnir
Mangog

Branlor Swift
And then there's H1

StiltmanFTW
laughing out loud

8swords
hulks pants>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>all of the above

Hulk could damage anything if he's pissed enough.

except his pants,

Mindset
Kyle.

h1a8
Mangog's hide has NEVER been broken. Even against THE skyfather. Even in the second Mangog appearance, Odin slashes Mangog with ZERO result.

So, there was that result. Odin actually penetrated Mangog with the sword. Look again

Mindset
Originally posted by h1a8
Odin actually penetrated Mangog with the sword. Look again Do you think Odin could penetrate Hulk's pants? mmm

celeyhyga17
Gamma-father > All-father

Darth Jello
1. Protoadamantium (Cap's shield)
2. Diana's Bracers
3. Primary Adamantium
4. Adamantium Beta
5. Carbonadium
6. Destroyer Armor
7. Mjolnir
8. Mangog's Hide

Note that the Odin Force can penetrate all of these, as can Antimetal/Antarctic Vibranium.

Mindset
Originally posted by celeyhyga17
Gamma-father > All-father So Hulk will do the penetrating. mhmm

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by Darth Jello
3. Primary Adamantium
4. Adamantium Beta

They're equal. If anything, there's more proof that adamantium beta is more durable than primary.

You're probably thinking of secondary adamantium which =/= beta.

abhilegend
They're equal. If anything, there's more proof that adamantium beta is more durable than primary.

You're probably thinking of secondary adamantium which =/= beta.
Adamantium beta is adamantium altered by logan's HF, isn't it? I'd say its more durable than primary adamantium.

DarkSaint85
Adamantium beta is adamantium altered by logan's HF, isn't it? I'd say its more durable than primary adamantium.

Correct.

It allows his bone marrow to continue manufacturing blood cells.

StiltmanFTW
Yep.

The mutagen actually causes a molecular change in the metal (...)

http://img32.imageshack.us/img32/2342/wolverine080page15.th.jpg http://img32.imageshack.us/img32/3221/wolverine080page16.th.jpg http://img36.imageshack.us/img36/3637/wolverine080page17.th.jpg

h1a8
Originally posted by Darth Jello
1. Protoadamantium (Cap's shield)
2. Diana's Bracers
3. Primary Adamantium
4. Adamantium Beta
5. Carbonadium
6. Destroyer Armor
7. Mjolnir
8. Mangog's Hide

Note that the Odin Force can penetrate all of these, as can Antimetal/Antarctic Vibranium. Caps shield has been broken numerous times and with Skyfather level power. Diana bracers have never been broken, even under Skyfather level power. The Odin force can't penetrate the bracers.

Darth Jello
I would say primary and beta are about equal but to allow for biological processes I would assume beta is every so slightly weaker with that being made up by the fact that it's a self-replicating molecule, a smart metal right? Stuff like vibranium, secondary adamantium, Omnium Steel etc. wouldn't even make this list. Nor would Uru with no spell cast on it.

Horrificus
Odin actually penetrated Mangog with the sword. Look again Why would you lie? Not good, not good.
http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q253/ArealSTUPIguy/Mangog%201/th_weakodin.jpg
There is no evidence of PENETRATION. You, of all people, should be experienced with this situation. big grin

Mangog back to the top of the list.

armedforbattle
Diana bracers have never been broken, even under Skyfather level power. The Odin force can't penetrate the bracers.
Yeah because Diana and Odin have fought numerous times, right?

h1a8
Why would you lie? Not good, not good.
http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q253/ArealSTUPIguy/Mangog%201/th_weakodin.jpg
There is no evidence of PENETRATION. You, of all people, should be experienced with this situation. big grin

Mangog back to the top of the list.

I always thought that the sword at least sliced him. It probably did, we just can't know for sure. So take that scene as a non feat since we don't know either way. We would have to ask the writer what happened there.
So that feat doesn't count. Also Odin was very weak there so definitely that feat isn't a good one.

h1a8
Originally posted by armedforbattle
Yeah because Diana and Odin have fought numerous times, right? Odin isn't the only skyfather.

StiltmanFTW
Mangog was amped when Wolverine and some chick stabbed him shifty

armedforbattle
Odin isn't the only skyfather.
And Spiderman isn't a high-herald.
What's your point?

Horrificus
Mangog was amped when Wolverine and some chick stabbed him shifty Maybe he was MORE amp'd in his classic days. Or, maybe more of a physical manifestation back then, but the recent stabbed-amp'd-Mangog had more power available to him, but wasn't using it as much on his durability.

Remember, it has been shown that his form can change and can suddenly have new powers that weren't seen before. It's possible that he can be what he chooses to be at any given moment.

Maybe he isn't actually a "physical" being at all.

StiltmanFTW
He was bleeding just fine, bub wolverine

Horrificus
He was bleeding just fine, bub wolverine Maybe he WANTED to bleed! Huh? Huh?

Or, maybe it was all a setup. Maybe Mangog and Wolverine are friends and Mangog made it look like he was stabbed so Wolverine could impress some chick. This is the most feasible scenario.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.