Link and Pit vs. Kratos and Nariko

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Bro SMASH
Link, the protagonist of Nintendo's The Legend of Zelda series

http://www.zelda-skyward-sword.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/sword-shield1.png

http://www.zelda-skyward-sword.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/sword-shield1.png

(yes, as the image imply, the SS version)

Pit, the protagonist of Nintendo's Kid Icarus series

http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100616085620/nintendo/en/images/thumb/7/70/Pit_Uprising.png/424px-Pit_Uprising.png

http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100616085620/nintendo/en/images/thumb/7/70/Pit_Uprising.png/424px-Pit_Uprising.png

vs.

Kratos, the protagonist of Sony's God of War series

http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120708051334/godofwar/images/thumb/4/42/6-God-of-War-III-Kratos.jpg/457px-6-God-of-War-III-Kratos.jpg

http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120708051334/godofwar/images/thumb/4/42/6-God-of-War-III-Kratos.jpg/457px-6-God-of-War-III-Kratos.jpg

Nariko, the protagonist of Sony's Heavenly Sword game

http://heavenlynariko.files.wordpress.com/2011/05/hs-nariko.jpg

http://heavenlynariko.files.wordpress.com/2011/05/hs-nariko.jpg

In this fight between Nintendo and Sony fighters, who are chosen by their gods, which team would come out the winner?

Villelater
i say Link&pit because pit is powerful and can fly...also link would treat kratos like anyother foe he has faced by shield blocking and counter attacking...if that fails he do a charge spin...or use ice arrows...or his other powers like diamond shield or nova flame

NotAllThatEvil
Using the SS of link?
I'm gonna have to give it to the sony fighters.

Villelater
even with links spin attack?

NotAllThatEvil
The spin attack/skyward strike is the only way link is getting any damage in. Skyward sword link is one of the weakest of all links IMO.

Villelater
well in that case...what about pit vs nariko?

NemeBro
I know nothing of Nariko, but Kratos can easily kill Link physically, being far faster and much, much stronger.

Buuuut, Pit is in all likelihood much too fast for Kratos to fight. I have no doubt Kratos can physically compete, but Pit has FTL reaction-time and shit from what I hear.

ScreamPaste
It's a 2v1 if what I've heard of Nariko is true.

Link and Pit should take Kratos down.

NemeBro
Link is a non-factor, lol.

Be real.

ScreamPaste
Shame Fi isn't.

NotAllThatEvil
How does fi factor in?
If it was one of the more combat ready links( like OoT or ALttP) team nintendo might have a shot, but honestly it's all on Pit in this fight.

ScreamPaste
Fi, since the Goddesses left, is the most powerful character present in Zelda canon, mah boi. Planetary scale swords ftw.

And you underestimate Pit, who honestly takes Kratos on his own, he's fought Palutena before, and is massively hypersonic with apparently FTL reaction speed (this I can't source, but it's from the OBDwiki, so meh.) and yeah. Having Link here is just overkill, lol.

NemeBro
Kratos easily kills Fi.

ScreamPaste
Interesting unsupported theory you have there.

NotAllThatEvil
How the hay is fi the most powerful character in zelda? Honestly, all she is is an ancient search engine. She has no combat powers except maybe the skyward strike. MAYBE.

ScreamPaste
Fi is the sword's sentience, lol.

NotAllThatEvil
That means she can think. If having a thought is all it takes to be all powerfull, any kindergartener could take these guys.

ScreamPaste
She's not powerful because she can think, lol. She's powerful because she's the master sword.

NemeBro
Weak.

NotAllThatEvil
Can she control the master sword? Does she make it even more powerful? Does she add anything at all in terms of combat?

AuraAngel
Scream is a testament to the idea that you can try and force feats out of anything.

ScreamPaste
You seem to be having trouble grasping terms here. Fi is the Master Sword. She doesn't 'make it more powerful' anymore than you make yourself more powerful, your questions don't make sense.

Does she add anything in terms of combat? She's a godamn sword, man, she wasn't created for knitting. She adds quite a lot to combat, she's the most powerful character in every game she appears in, in these games Link couldn't possibly succeed without her.

Originally posted by AuraAngel
Scream is a testament to the idea that you can try and force feats out of anything.

I do enjoy forcing feats out of actual feats, yes. Lemme know when you have some counterpoint to Fi being peer to the assembled Triforce in power.

NotAllThatEvil
So link hast the master sword... Yay?
What exactly do you think fi does. Explain.

ScreamPaste
Yes, Link has the Master Sword. Your yay is justified, for this is good news.

You see, NATE, Fi doesn't like mean guys. And Kratos is kind of a mean guy. She has this pointy end conveniently handy too, in case of mean guys.

In short, Kratos is a jackass, and Fi's a planetary level magic weapon who hates jackasses. no expression What do you think she does? haermm

Is this a serious question? Are you going to propose Kratos can beat Pit and Link or something? The thread seems to have been decided, man, I'm here for discussion because I'm bored and fighting sleep. no expression

Originally posted by ScreamPaste
Fi, since the Goddesses left, is the most powerful character present in Zelda canon, mah boi. Planetary scale swords ftw.

And you underestimate Pit, who honestly takes Kratos on his own, he's fought Palutena before, and is massively hypersonic with apparently FTL reaction speed (this I can't source, but it's from the OBDwiki, so meh.) and yeah. Having Link here is just overkill, lol.

NotAllThatEvil
When has the master sword/fi done anything planetary.
It repels evil magic and can send those with demises hate to the sacred realm for a time out. Other than that it's just a sharp sword. And SS links fatigue-o-meter will make any of those functions almost impossible to use after a solid hit.

ScreamPaste
Originally posted by NotAllThatEvil
When has the master sword/fi done anything planetary.
It repels evil magic and can send those with demises hate to the sacred realm for a time out. Other than that it's just a sharp sword. And SS links fatigue-o-meter will make any of those functions almost impossible to use after a solid hit.
Everytime she's shut down Ganon.

In aLttP Fi is directly stated to be a failsafe for the misuse of the completed triforce, an artifact of at least planetary power. Link, with the Master Sword, goes on to defeat Ganon with said completed triforce. SS mirrors this theme by having each of the goddesses flames temper the sword, just as each of the goddesses have a piece of the triforce they represent.

WW confirms that the gods power the master sword, and even in its' weakened state it maintains a permanent time stop on at least an entire country, but we can see that it goes to the horizon, and given that the entire world is flooded, it's likely the entire world beneath the ocean is frozen.

In this same game, Ganondorf, also weakened, and with only a single piece of the triforce, less than Fi's power, manages a planetary feat of his own, he prevents the shift from day to night, permanently. This was done with the bulk of his power sealed.

in TP Zant overlaps two dimensions across an entire country with a fraction of Ganon's power, which again is just one piece of the triforce.

In short, Fi = Triforce, and the triforce isn't exactly small time. Fi is far from 'just a sharp sword'. She's repelled all sorts of magic, she's protected Link from shape shifting, time warping, tk, ect. She's also the blade of evil's bane. Not just sharp, powerful, and with a distaste for jackasses. This is not a weapon Kratos wants to get poked with.

Pardon my completely ignoring the 'stamina meter', I'm sure Kratos really struggles to lift doors. stick out tongue Gameplay mechanics are neat.

So, are you arguing Kratos can 2v1 here?

NemeBro
I'm not seeing the relevance.

None of that matters when Link has his arm torn off before he can use "Fi" in combat.

ScreamPaste
I'm not seeing the relevance.

None of that matters when Kratos gets killed by a Fi to the face or Pit spanking him while Nariko watches impotently before he can use his 'hands' in combat.

NemeBro
I never denied Pit beating Kratos.

Link is a non-factor though. By virtue of both Kratos and his partner vastly exceeding his abilities.

ScreamPaste
So Link and Pit win, and you're here why?

I'll be blunt here, though, you could put Fi in the hands of Trevor and she'd still be dangerous to Kratos.

Only non-factor in this thread is Nariko, have a feat for her I was previously unaware of?

NotAllThatEvil
The master sword was forged specificaly for demise and his hate. Ganon/dorf is a special case. Also the master sword could inly stop time when it was in the pedestal of time, which gives it direct contact with the sacred realm and all it's powers. Against anyone not demise related it's just a sword that can reflect magic. Kratos having no relatiob to the demon king should be unaffected by it.

ScreamPaste
The sword's power has nothing to do with Demise, lol. The sword's intended target is 'evil', not 'Demise'. Best of all, she's sentient, and capable of making distinctions of her own. For example the Twilight realm while not necessarily even evil, just dark, was subject to her power.

I'd also like to know where you got the idea any of the pedestals the sword has hung out in are connected to the sacred realm or have inherent power of their own, particularly on a planetary/country wide scale. It's not stated anywhere.

I reiterate, are you about to argue that Kratos can win? Answer this question in your next post. Getting bored of the avoidance.

Going to bed nao.

NotAllThatEvil
The pedestal of time is the final safegaurd that locks the sacred realm(where the triforce has been for hundreds of years) in OoT.

ScreamPaste
Originally posted by NotAllThatEvil
The pedestal of time is the final safegaurd that locks the sacred realm(where the triforce has been for hundreds of years) in OoT.
The Master Sword was the final safeguard, and even if the pedestal of time were the important ingredient here, when the weakened master sword froze all of Hyrule and everything beyond it as far as we could see, it wasn't in the pedestal of time, it was in the basement of Hyrule Castle.
Originally posted by ScreamPaste
I reiterate, are you about to argue that Kratos can win? Answer this question in your next post. Getting bored of the avoidance.

Going to bed nao.

For real this time, lol. Night.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.