Bruce Wayne vs Tony Stark

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

golem370
Bruce and Tony Decide to make a wager to see who could do each others job the best. Batman get 5 days to learn the ends and outs of Tony's style, life and tech and Stark has 5 days to get use to Bruce's life, city and tech. While they are doing each others job they have the options to change anything they want. When they go back to their respected jobs they have to go with the changes that were made. A wouldn't this be fun and who does the best job?

Mindset
Which job?

DarkSaint85
A: No
B:Tony

Mindset
Tony sells all of Bruce's assets to Stark Industries.

DarkSaint85
Actually, Bruce's job is being a father to Damian, and that is the noblest job of all.

Stark fails.

Mindset
Tony is an alcoholic womanizer.

Grade A father material.

golem370
Crimefighter

SquallX
Not choosing side, but Bruce is not the best father figure out there. I mean what type of father lets little kids fight psychotic sociopath on a daily basis, and am not talking only about Damian.

Because of Bruce Jason ended up dead, Barbra ended up a cripple, while Dick left because he couldn't take Bruce's attitude.

JakeTheBank
Bruce Wayne is a horrible human being.

Shabazz916
Tony does bruces job better

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by golem370
Crimefighter

Bruce deals with Tony's threats better than Tony does with the Gotham City villains.

JayDaDon
The mandarin would give Batman HELL.

pym-ftw
If tony takes his best suit with him, he disregards Bruces stuff then stomps his rogue gallery...

Bruce would need time to ajust to a suit. he stops at Mandarin

Mindset
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Bruce Wayne is a horrible human being. thumb up

DarkSaint85
Nah, I thought the OP meant that he just drops in, and can't carry anything from their home universes with them.

pym-ftw
Extremis?

DarkSaint85
Am assuming he doesn't have that either...I may be wrong though.

yaadaveyaa
bruce def wins this he is def more resourceful and i would love to see ol batty in the iron man armor that'd b tight

Silent Master
Originally posted by pym-ftw
Extremis?

At this point, isn't the Extremis part of Tony, kind of like the SSS is part of Cap?

Juntai
By job do we mean running the companys? Or fighting their villains..? Or. . .?

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Bruce deals with Tony's threats better than Tony does with the Gotham City villains.

laughing

Look out Iron Man! Terrible before the might of the Penguin!!!

Drawingblood88
In what backward-ass world could Ironman not curbstomp almost all of Bats rogues? I say almost in the real chance that I might have forgotten someone.

JayDaDon
And Batman would be in a world of trouble against some of Iron man's rogues.

golem370
Wayne has to take over Tony's life and Tony has to take over Wayne's life. Also Stark has the abilities to make armor in Gotham just like in the Marvel Universe but if he makes the armor then when Batman gets back to gotham he has to use that suit, because all changes while they are in each others place stay changed.

srankmissingnin
Wayne has to take over Tony's life and Tony has to take over Wayne's life. Also Stark has the abilities to make armor in Gotham just like in the Marvel Universe but if he makes the armor then when Batman gets back to gotham he has to use that suit, because all changes while they are in each others place stay changed.

Batman already has Iron Man-esq suits, he doesn't wear them because he has a staggering level of hubris and wants to impress random thugs with his kung-fu skills.

pym-ftw
No Bat armor is Ironman level

DarkSaint85
Exactly. So wouldn't Bats be getting a massive upgrade, and Tony a massive downgrade?

pym-ftw
Yeah

golem370
Yet Tony alread has the know how to make a suit and he would have Wayne money to do it too

DarkSaint85
And Bruce would be able to get shit hot gadgets as well..

Mindset
Tony builds a suit that will only work with his dna signature and will violently explode if anyone else wears it.

janus77
Tony has a threesome with Bat girl and Cat Woman. He also passes on Wonder Woman's number to Namor for good effect.

JakeTheBank
I actually think Bruce would have his work cut out for him. He's by no means stupid, but Tony's entire arsenal and MO is centered around using tech. He has experience with that, sure, but his tech know how is distant to Tony, who's considered to be, what, his world's third smartest man or so (the first smartest under some writers, but that's for another time).

Tony can always use the basic stuff Bruce has and improve on it. Bruce's strong point is using psychology to strike fear into the hearts of criminals, not merely stopping them, so he'd probably spend time trying to get back to that.

They would both entertain roughly the same success. Tony's lack of detective work would be made up with in his ridiculous tech expertise as he would just aim to clearly overpower Gotham's rogues with sheer force.

Golgo13
Bruce has a MB on his side in conjunction with Brother Eye. That's pretty big.

golem370
Wayne and Stark 5 days to get use to the changes though.

janus77
Wouldn't you say that Tony Stark is, in terms of sheer "brain power", Batman's superior (and by some distance)?

I doubt the detective work is going to pose a problem, intellectually speaking. The issue with Tony Stark is his personality (and "personal demons"wink. He's rash and arrogant at times, so he makes mistakes.

Batman would have problems with The Illuminati, Reed would consider him dangerously unstable and Namor would probably think that he is a bit of a dick.

JakeTheBank
Not counting Extremis, I'd say that Tony's overall intelligence is higher than Bruce's, yes. Bruce, however, how a wider breadth of knowledge outside of technology and science, however. Jack of all trades, etc.

DarkSaint85
5 days isn't enough, imo.

Sure, Bruce is no slouch in the tech department. But it'll take him time before he can use the more esoteric tech that Tony has, not to mention his entire MO is based around prep and practice. He's not gonna pick up how to fly like an expert in 5 days (KK martial arts with the flight ring notwithstanding)

Similarly, Tony isn't going to become a master detective in 5 days. He'll have the fancy Hollywood CSI tech, and will likely improve on it, but second guessing people like the Joker? It'll take time. Not to mention he'll probably be going after 'big' threats like Ra's first.

Golgo13
5 days isn't enough, imo.

Sure, Bruce is no slouch in the tech department. But it'll take him time before he can use the more esoteric tech that Tony has, not to mention his entire MO is based around prep and practice. He's not gonna pick up how to fly like an expert in 5 days (KK martial arts with the flight ring notwithstanding)

Similarly, Tony isn't going to become a master detective in 5 days. He'll have the fancy Hollywood CSI tech, and will likely improve on it, but second guessing people like the Joker? It'll take time. Not to mention he'll probably be going after 'big' threats like Ra's first.

I'd say Ra's is more of a better planner than Joker. Joker is unpredictable, which makes him scary, though.

golem370
Wayne as Batman is a dick and he knows how to be a playboy billionaire philanthropist.

DarkSaint85
Well, let's see how Death in the Family plays out. So far, he's thrashing all the prep guys (Red Hood, Batman himself, even old paranoid Gordon).

Golgo13
Yeah, Joker is killing it in DOTF. smile

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by srankmissingnin
laughing

Look out Iron Man! Terrible before the might of the Penguin!!!

Well, he's in league with the Joker atm, so let's see...

Shabazz916
Iron man will kill if he can.... Batman will die quick.

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by Shabazz916
Iron man will kill if he can.... Batman will die quick.

Does Tony kill?

Also, would Batman gain control of his Infinity Gem? I'm assuming he gains access to ALL of Tony's resources.

I can see him using it, tbh.

JakeTheBank
Yes, Tony kills.

If Bruce moves to use the Reality Gem, he's likely going to piss off the rest of the Illuminati, and personally, I can't see Bruce out maneuvering T'Challa, Reed, and Strange all at once.

pym-ftw
Does Batman have a way to activate the suits, they have security...
Kinda weird, but I think Batman would be better off if he just added repulser beams and hard light batarangs to a neoprene batsuit than try to make the switch to a full armor....

Either way

Tony Tech > Wayne Tech
Ironman rogues >>> Bat Gallery

Bruce is the better detective, but Tony would just hack satellites and street cameras to track down the Bat rogues

Golgo13
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Yes, Tony kills.

If Bruce moves to use the Reality Gem, he's likely going to piss off the rest of the Illuminati, and personally, I can't see Bruce out maneuvering T'Challa, Reed, and Strange all at once.

Who has he killed? Anyone famous?

Shabazz916
Bruce would die because he isnt as creative as iron man. The thing that makes tony great is that he can tap into so manu things. Even when he is in trouble over his head he thinks of sumthen. If bruce does that idk if he will be able to just run from ppl.

Golgo13
Bruce can be very creative in building stuff. He just doesn't do it all the time, because it's not his style. Outsider suit for example is pretty uber.

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by Golgo13
Who has he killed? Anyone famous?

He killed people when he made his first Iron Man suit and escaped.

Off the top of my head, he's killed Mallen (the original Extremis patient).

Golgo13
But he's not really like the Authority, right?

DarkSaint85
But that would bring him on the wrong side of the law. Batman is respected by the Gotham PD, and tolerated by people like Amanda Waller. Tony won't enjoy the freedom he gets in Marvel, being a former head of Shield etc.

I don't think it would be a cakewalk for either of them.

Edit: was in response to all the responses about Batman being mistrusted by the Illuminati etc. Same thing with Tony and the JLA - Superman actually trusts Bruce.

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by Golgo13
But he's not really like the Authority, right?

No, he doesn't murder willy nilly, but he's not above taking a life to save many others.

Iron Man also had the benefit of being Secretary of Defense, Director of SHIELD, and officially sanctioned by the government. So, to that end, he's had a "licence to kill" and probably still does.

DarkSaint85
Exactly. If Tony tries to bring his gung ho, arrogant attitude to Gotham, he would soon find himself at odds with the heroes as well as the villains.

Silent Master
Same goes for Batman though.

I mean, you don't actually think his attitude is going to go over very well with the heroes or the villains in Marvel, do you?

JakeTheBank
I kinda imagine he'd have to be pretty forceful and direct in Gotham. If he just tries to play ball with the police and presumably Batman's allies and network who are still there, it's going to hamper him in the end.

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by Silent Master
Same goes for Batman though.

I mean, you don't actually think his attitude is going to go over very well with the heroes or the villains in Marvel, do you?

He would spend time studying and learning the lay of the land. Probably send Matches Malone out into the criminal underworld to build up his network. He does a lot of 'molely' work.

Iron Man would build a new suit, hack satellites and CCTVs, and blast everything to shit.

Silent Master
He would spend time studying and learning the lay of the land. Probably send Matches Malone out into the criminal underworld to build up his network. He does a lot of 'molely' work.

Iron Man would build a new suit, hack satellites and CCTVs, and blast everything to shit.

IOW, Iron-man would be more effective.

Golgo13
I wonder if a Mother Box would allow Tony to hack into Brother Eye. New God tech is basically the best you can get, unless you look into obscure stuff like the Monitors.

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by Silent Master
IOW, Iron-man would be more effective.

For the first day or so.

Then Checkmate etc would move in to detain him. He'll blast them, then the JLA would move in.

Silent Master
For the first day or so.

Then Checkmate etc would move in to detain him. He'll blast them, then the JLA would move in.

Yea...just like they move in on all the other new heroes.

Golgo13
Amanda (DCnU) has been pretty busy keeping track of all the new meta humans and whatnot. She doesn't play around.

DarkSaint85
Threat level like Stark, with some of the armours he comes up with? Yeah, I'd say they would.

If anything, its giving Tony his props. Name another new hero with power levels like Stark, who would be in the limelight like Stark (he's not one for skulking in the shadows) who didn't register on the radar?

Edit: @Golgo: Stormwatch has been keeping an eye out too. I don't think the Engineer would take too kindly to someone appropriating satellites willy nilly.

But say we don't talk about DCnU. Then Batman would have had an even longer time to build up trust with the metas. Especially Supes.

Not saying Bruce would be welcomed with open arms by the Avengers. But he at least would be starting small, and if he has to deal with a big threat (Mandarin or something), well, at least in comics the tradition of new heroes being welcomed in the midst of a big firefight is there.

Silent Master
I'll take your word for it, I just don't see it being that big of a deal as the JLA would already know about Tony being there.

After all, 2 minutes after he shows up Alfred would have informed the rest of the Batclan and probably the JLA.

DarkSaint85
True. And 2 seconds after Batman shows up, the Avengers would be at his home.

I'm going to assume that for this thread, that the heroes all trust Batman/Iron Man, golem?

Golgo13
Oh, crap, I forgot about Stormwatch. Don't forget SHADE as well. They have tech that rivals Stark's easily.

DarkSaint85
Lol I like how in DC, its the 'heroes' who pose more of a threat than the villains to Stark.

Golgo13
Hey, did you read the latest Justice League DARK? John Constantine is keeping tabs on practically EVERYTHING. Nothing goes unnoticed with that guy.

DarkSaint85
...you've forgotten my first sig, haven't you? Hehe.

Yeah, am enjoying JLD atm. Realised I am actually reading more 'Vertigo and Wildstorm' DC stuff than DC proper: Animal Man, Swamp Thing, JLD etc.

You enjoying the Rotworld storyline?

Golgo13
Yeah, Rotworld is pretty good. Not as good as I hoped, but still a solid read. I'm interested in Anton Arcane's army that is guarding the castle or whatnot.

Justice League Dark is awesome, though. I HOPE the new writer for the Constantine book does him well. I'm enjoying X-O Manowar, so that gives me SOME hope.

golem370
Yeah The Avengers and the JLA are aware of the change

Igniz
Originally posted by Mindset
Tony sells all of Bruce's assets to Stark Industries.

laughing out loud thumb up

golem370
Which would be funny because Batman get the stuff back since they can't change the changes

Mindset
What?

DarkSaint85
What?

Which would be funny because Batman get the stuff back since they can't change the changes

Mindset
What?

golem370
Read the stips for the thread if Tony changes something while in Gotham Batman can't change it back if Bruce changes something while in Marvel Tony can't either

Mindset
Yes, I know.

That's why I said what I said.

I didn't understand your last post though.

DarkSaint85
What?

golem370
I know I think faster then I can type

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.