Most plotholed film of 2012?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

FrothByte
So, which movie is it?

marwash22
inb4 people start naming movies without listing perceived plotholes.

BruceSkywalker
I have no idea what a plothole is and if did know, I wouldn't even care

BlackZero30x
is this here to "fish" for a particular answer?

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by BlackZero30x
is this here to "fish" for a particular answer?

most likely

rudester
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
I have no idea what a plothole is and if did know, I wouldn't even care

Plot-holes are areas in the movie which you thought the movie missed or left you with more Q then A's.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by rudester
Plot-holes are areas in the movie which you thought the movie missed or left you with more Q then A's.

hahahaha.. i know what plotholes are, just don't care about them

rudester
Jeepers Creepers

This huge demon monster flies around and is seen by at least 30 people, and the day after this demon kills all these people. Everyone just goes on with their daily life. Where the hell is the FBI and the National Guard, this thing just killed 10 people and there's no search the next day for this demon that killed about 5 police officers?

rudester
Spider-Man 3

Flint Marco has his whole body turned into sand including his belt buckle and any other metal he happens to be wearing. If all of this turned into sand then why was the locket fine without it turning into sand as well?

rudester
Y0ou know when the world is going to end by some sort of cataclysmic destruction in movies and there is only one thing stopping the hero from getting to it either because he's in some sort of fight scene with the villain; well I hate how its possible in movies to get to that button just in time because you know in real life the hero would not be able to kick someones ass just in time to press the button. In men and black 3 Will drops the arch net and it gets caught on some metal thingy just in time for him to beat the bad guy and drop to retrieve it. Time is irrelevant in movies and I hate that.

Nibedicus
Mass Effect 3

Mindset
Most plotholed film of 2012?

Jeepers Creepers

This huge demon monster flies around and is seen by at least 30 people, and the day after this demon kills all these people. Everyone just goes on with their daily life. Where the hell is the FBI and the National Guard, this thing just killed 10 people and there's no search the next day for this demon that killed about 5 police officers? Originally posted by rudester
Spider-Man 3

Flint Marco has his whole body turned into sand including his belt buckle and any other metal he happens to be wearing. If all of this turned into sand then why was the locket fine without it turning into sand as well?

Kazenji
Nevermind him he's currently living in the year 2003.

Flyattractor
To Boldly Flee!.

rudester
Originally posted by Kazenji
Nevermind him he's currently living in the year 2003.

pricks^

dadudemon
The Dark Knight Rises, hands down.

Arachnid1
Originally posted by dadudemon
The Dark Knight Rises, hands down. I agree with this. As much as I liked this movie, plot holes were pretty big and noticeable.

Ridley_Prime
Prometheus.

Newjak
Probably TDKR or Prometheus for me.

If I had to choose one I would go with Prometheus cause its plotholes took me way more out of the movie than the TDKRs' did.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Arachnid1
I agree with this. As much as I liked this movie, plot holes were pretty big and noticeable.

lol

rudester
I agree with this. As much as I liked this movie, plot holes were pretty big and noticeable.

How did batman pass the bridge? Who helped him.

How did the people in the cave get out after bruce freed them?

How did bruce get out of the desert let alone the country just in the nick of time to help his friends.

Robtard

How did bruce get out of the desert let alone the country just in the nick of time to help his friends.

He's the god damned Batman. Sneaking around people is his thing.

If you mean the prison. He dropped a rope. If you men the cops in the sewer, through the hole.

He's the god damned Batman. Planes, trains and automobiles.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Robtard
He's the god damned Batman. Sneaking around people is his thing.

If you mean the prison. He dropped a rope. If you men the cops in the sewer, through the hole.

He's the god damned Batman. Planes, trains and automobiles.

yeah its a shame people can't think for themselves.. it just takes simple brain power

Esau Cairn
Ignorance is bliss eh Mr. Skywalker.

KingD19
Journey 2: The Mysterious Island

The island sinks every few hundred years due to tectonic shifts from volcanic activity. Yet when it surface, in the under 2 centuries it's above water, it has fully developed ecosystems and land based creatures.

BlackZero30x
Originally posted by Newjak
Probably TDKR or Prometheus for me.

If I had to choose one I would go with Prometheus cause its plotholes took me way more out of the movie than the TDKRs' did.

honestly I feel the same but with the movies reversed. Though I was kinda board during tdkr so I was probably doing subconsciously. lol

-Pr-
TDKR had no more plot holes than the others in the series imo, so I don't think it was that bad given the quality of the overall movie.

Prometheus... Eh, I suppose.

The last Resident Evil movie had more stupid plot holes, I thought.

Esau Cairn
Originally posted by -Pr-
TDKR had no more plot holes than the others in the series imo, so I don't think it was that bad given the quality of the overall movie.

The last Resident Evil movie had more stupid plot holes, I thought.

But that's the point entirely.

One doesn't associate obvious plot holes with esteemed directors like Nolan or Scott....or big budget movies that cost hundreds of million of dollars to produce.

Plot holes have always been a cheesey part of B-grade movies (like Res Evil).

the ninjak
Originally posted by KingD19
Journey 2: The Mysterious Island

The island sinks every few hundred years due to tectonic shifts from volcanic activity. Yet when it surface, in the under 2 centuries it's above water, it has fully developed ecosystems and land based creatures.

The original version of the story had animals migrate to the island and an orange goo the erupts from the earth makes the animals babies grow twice the size of their parents.
Check out the horror movie Food of the Gods, a kind-of sequel to mysterious island. The goo somehow erupts in England and rats start to eat it, GIANT RATS. There was an 80's sequel called Gnaw set in New York.

marwash22
TDKR name them.

-Pr-
Originally posted by Esau Cairn

One doesn't associate obvious plot holes with esteemed directors like Nolan or Scott....or big budget movies that cost hundreds of million of dollars to produce.

i've associated them with Nolan since Batman Begins, tbh.

As far as Scott goes, while it had plot holes I don't consider it to be to the extent that others did.

Esau Cairn
i've associated them with Nolan since Batman Begins, tbh.

I was admittedly mesmerised by Begins to notice any obvious plot holes.

I think the 2nd one bored me 3/4 into the film to really give a dam.

However with TDKR, my mind wouldn't stop with the nagging questions of "how or why did that just happen?"

ares834
Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
Prometheus.

Undoubtedly.

He has a flying vehicle. The last time we see it prior to Batman getting captured is when he flies it into the Batcave. And Wayne Manor is certainly not on Gotham Island.

He threw down a rope...

This one is admittedly a plot hole. However, he was hopping planes and trains in Begins so he presumably would have the necessary skills to do it again.

KingD19
Originally posted by the ninjak
The original version of the story had animals migrate to the island and an orange goo the erupts from the earth makes the animals babies grow twice the size of their parents.
Check out the horror movie Food of the Gods, a kind-of sequel to mysterious island. The goo somehow erupts in England and rats start to eat it, GIANT RATS. There was an 80's sequel called Gnaw set in New York.

See now, that would make sense. If not for the fact that the island is surrounded by a literal curtain of Category 5 hurricane winds, air funnels, and constant lightning storms. And it's 100 miles away from the closest island, and the little animals get big, while the big animals get small. So there were like giant bees and dog sized elephants.

The original story probably made sense, but the one with Brendan Frasier and the remix didn't. They were fun, but plotholes abound.

Kazenji

The original story probably made sense, but the one with Brendan Frasier and the remix didn't. They were fun, but plotholes abound.

There was no animals migrating to an island in the original movie and orange goo at all.

-Pr-
I was admittedly mesmerised by Begins to notice any obvious plot holes.

I think the 2nd one bored me 3/4 into the film to really give a dam.

However with TDKR, my mind wouldn't stop with the nagging questions of "how or why did that just happen?"

I like all three movies, though I'm not a huge, raving Nolan fan tbh.

Esau Cairn
Originally posted by ares834

Yes, he has The Bat. But after landing it in the cave, he later uses it to rescue Catwoman & lands it on top of the building in Gotham. That's where it stays. Later Fox asks him if he remembers "where he left it?" to which we see Bruce taking the canvas tarpulin off The Bat...on top of the building.
So no, this still DOESN'T explain how Bruce Wayne (not disguised as Batman) gets back into Gotham.
The Bat was left in Gotham city & not in the cave.

And yes, a young Bruce Wayne (with access to his inheritance) is seen travelling in Begins. Having money isn't a skill.
In TDKR, Bruce Wayne is broken, poor & penniless.His reputation is ruined....there's no logical explanation of how he travelled back to Gotham & for that matter, how seemingly quick it took him to get back. Remember the time of the bomb was 52 hours & counting down for the moment Bruce gets his dislocated vertebrae "fixed" in the pit.

KingD19
There was no animals migrating to an island in the original movie and orange goo at all.

I thought he was talking about the original original story. I remember the movie with Frasier.

BruceSkywalker
Ignorance is bliss eh Mr. Skywalker.

you said it, not I

dude it doesn't take a genius to figure things out.. it isn't Nolan's job to make his haters happy.. your thing about having $200 some odd million for a movie budget is nothing but pure ignorance on your part in fact each and damn film have plot holes.. the paranormal activity films have them.. in many a spielberg film they in there, plot holesw are in clint eastwood's films.. in the 6 star wars films there are plotholes.. the twilight films have plotholes.. this shiite regarding the plotholes in the dark knight rises is only intensified by haters such as yourself..

Kazenji
I thought he was talking about the original original story. I remember the movie with Frasier.

And i'm talking about the original adaptation too

'Journey to the centre of the earth' which that Fraser movie was loosely based on

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0052948/

BlackZero30x
wow this broke into a TDKR plot hole battle. I figured this would happen though.

Some call it "plot hole central" but after all its just a movie. I admittedly Thought TDKR was the weakest of all of nolans films and I recognize plot holes but in truth I don't see how it matters. The film was a success and people liked it. I think the thing about the plot holes are...at lest in my case...People who are more often board with it(or any movie) or just plain didn't like it tend to notice the plot holes a lot more. Ones who did like it think of ways the holes can be filled. Either way I say at least batman didn't come back and straight up hand it to bane with no explanation....that would have been a plot hole to be upset about.

Mindset

The last Resident Evil movie had more stupid plot holes, I thought. Batman Begins didn't have any plotholes.

-Pr-
Originally posted by Mindset
Batman Begins didn't have any plotholes.

Sure it did, and I'm not even talking about the few mistakes in editing.

Mindset
Sure it did, and I'm not even talking about the few mistakes in editing. OK, what are the plotholes?

Esau Cairn
Labelling me a Nolan Hater suggests that you're the blind naive fanatic that's just blissful to have the wool pulled over your face.

Skywalker,not once in my ramblings on the TDKR thread, nor on this one, have you given a logical explanation to any of my questions or that of any other posters.

If a writer wrote a Batman story where Batman could all of a sudden fly, teleport through walls & kill the bad guys, the editor would pull the writer aside & point out the inconsistencies...the comic would never get published.

That's basically the point I'm trying to make.
Did Nolan really give a dam about all the plot holes?
Did anyone at any stage, pull Nolan aside & say, "Hey this script
doesn't make any sense...?"

Yes, I've seen my fair share of movies, yes, I acknowledge no movie is perfect & has their share of plot holes. However I've never felt this disenchanted with such inconsistent story-telling as TDKR left me feeling.

ares834
Yes, he has The Bat. But after landing it in the cave, he later uses it to rescue Catwoman & lands it on top of the building in Gotham. That's where it stays. Later Fox asks him if he remembers "where he left it?" to which we see Bruce taking the canvas tarpulin off The Bat...on top of the building.

Nah. He saves Catwoman first. After that we see him fly the plane into the Batcave and he gets his ass chewed out by Alfred.

And yes, a young Bruce Wayne (with access to his inheritance) is seen travelling in Begins. Having money isn't a skill.

How would he have access to his inheritance in Begins? He was labelled dead.

Mindset
He only used his money when he traveled back home, remember he was living as a criminal.

BruceSkywalker
Labelling me a Nolan Hater suggests that you're the blind naive fanatic that's just blissful to have the wool pulled over your face.

Skywalker,not once in my ramblings on the TDKR thread, nor on this one, have you given a logical explanation to any of my questions or that of any other posters.

If a writer wrote a Batman story where Batman could all of a sudden fly, teleport through walls & kill the bad guys, the editor would pull the writer aside & point out the inconsistencies...the comic would never get published.

That's basically the point I'm trying to make.
Did Nolan really give a dam about all the plot holes?
Did anyone at any stage, pull Nolan aside & say, "Hey this script
doesn't make any sense...?"

Yes, I've seen my fair share of movies, yes, I acknowledge no movie is perfect & has their share of plot holes. However I've never felt this disenchanted with such inconsistent story-telling as TDKR left me feeling.

dude , come down.. you are a Nolan hater and it is obvious.. lol .. maybe you should pick up several batman comics and read them .. Like I said Nolan is NOT IN THE BUSINESS of worrying about what haters think and NEITHER ARE STUDIOS.. that is what this thread is all about for people to come in rant about plotholes to cover up their Nolan hate... Just admit the film didn't meet your requirements and move on from it.. like I said it doen't take a genius to figure things out, in fact my 13 year old nephew who doesn't even read the comics and being that The Dark Knight Rises was his very first taste of a Batman film figured out how it was so easy for Bruce Wayne to get into Gotham City without Bane knowing about it.

in fact reading your posts and ares834's posts clearly establish your hate because otherwise ares wouldn't have to correct you

Arachnid1
dude , come down.. you are a Nolan hater and it is obvious.. lol .. maybe you should pick up several batman comics and read them .. Like I said Nolan is NOT IN THE BUSINESS of worrying about what haters think and NEITHER ARE STUDIOS.. that is what this thread is all about for people to come in rant about plotholes to cover up their Nolan hate... Just admit the film didn't meet your requirements and move on from it.. like I said it doen't take a genius to figure things out, in fact my 13 year old nephew who doesn't even read the comics and being that The Dark Knight Rises was his very first taste of a Batman film figured out how it was so easy for Bruce Wayne to get into Gotham City without Bane knowing about it.

in fact reading your posts and ares834's posts clearly establish your hate because otherwise ares wouldn't have to correct you No ones a Nolan hater just because they noticed everything that was wrong with TDKR. Nolan is one of my favorite directors, and I love all his movies, but TDKR wasn't his best work. The problems were just too numerous and obvious. It doesn't mean it wasn't an outstanding movie, or that Nolan cant direct. It just had a ton of plot holes and the worse pacing out of the three Nolan Batman movies.

BruceSkywalker
No ones a Nolan hater just because they noticed everything that was wrong with TDKR. Nolan is one of my favorite directors, and I love all his movies, but TDKR wasn't his best work. The problems were just too numerous and obvious. It doesn't mean it wasn't an outstanding movie, or that Nolan cant direct. It just had a ton of plot holes and the worse pacing out of the three Nolan Batman movies.

nah i will fervently believe people are Nolan haters just because he didn't give them what they wanted to see in the dark knight rises or for that matter batman begins and the dark knight..

actually the dark knight rises is one of his best work

-Pr-
OK, what are the plotholes?

How Bruce won't kill but will blow up a monastary? And engage in a dangerous high speed chase?
The Waynes heading out a dingy side door in to an alley beside an opera house? Even if that was the actor's entrance, it would be better maintained.
If the microwave emitter vaporises water, how come nobody was boiled alive when the water inside their own bodies was vaporised?

And that's just off the top of my head...

==

FTR, I enjoyed DKR more than DK...

Esau Cairn
Nah. He saves Catwoman first. After that we see him fly the plane into the Batcave and he gets his ass chewed out by Alfred.

How would he have access to his inheritance in Begins? He was labelled dead.

Yes, I concede I was wrong re: The Bat.
Playing the sequence back in my mind, Bats drops Catwoman off on top of the building & THEN flies to the cave & leaves The Bat there.
I'll gladly accept that Bruce later uses The Bat to sneak back into Gotham from Wayne Manor.

This still leaves that nagging matter of how he got back from the pit so fast...penniless, reputation ruined & a "time bomb" that clearly states all this is happening within 52 hours.

Yes, in Begins, as far as Wayne Industries was concerned, Alfred had registered Bruce as dead. However it would've been the Wayne Estate & not Wayne Industries that Bruce would've gained access to his inheritance. Alfred never believed he was dead & would've been a beneficiary to handle the estate's expenses.

Esau Cairn

in fact reading your posts and ares834's posts clearly establish your hate because otherwise ares wouldn't have to correct you

Nowhere have I ever mentioned any of Nolan's previous movies...in fact the only other reference I made was how much I was in awe & mesmerised by Begins being the saving grace for the franchise & the "legend" of Batman.

I'm stating that Nolan got sloppy with TDKR & I'm not the only one saying that, however it's just too easy for you to a) label me a Nolan Hater then accept all the negative criticisms & b) hide & use your 13 yr old nephew's opinion that Nolan clearly did no wrong.

Tzeentch._
It isn't 52 hours on the timer, it's 52 days.

Esau Cairn
Originally posted by Tzeentch._
It isn't 52 hours on the timer, it's 52 days.

There was clearly 4 digits on the timer.
52: x x

The x x was counting down by seconds.

So what kind of timer counts down by days & seconds only?

Tzeentch._
What kind of clock counts by hours and seconds only?

Hours wouldn't make sense in that context either. Why would you have hours but not minutes? In the finsl hour, you wouldn't be able to tell if you had 40 minutes to diffuse it, or 5.

The clock itself is probably the plot-hole. Even if it was 52 hours, a reliable timer would have minutes. If it was days, the timer would have hours and at least minutes.

It probably had seconds for the sake of dramatic tension.

BruceSkywalker
Nowhere have I ever mentioned any of Nolan's previous movies...in fact the only other reference I made was how much I was in awe & mesmerised by Begins being the saving grace for the franchise & the "legend" of Batman.

I'm stating that Nolan got sloppy with TDKR & I'm not the only one saying that, however it's just too easy for you to a) label me a Nolan Hater then accept all the negative criticisms & b) hide & use your 13 yr old nephew's opinion that Nolan clearly did no wrong.

dude i don;t have to hide... its you and other haters.. he put out a good movie whether you and others want to admit it or not.. also i can deal with negative criticism but the thing is I don;t care.. studios don;t care either since the man work on anything he damn well pleases.. Nolan didn;t do anything wrong, he just didn;t put out the type of film you wanted him too.. you and others are the ones crying he did something wrong however critics(who i don't care about either, but they are there) loved the film and millions upon millions of people around the world agree with me... its only the people on message boards such as this one that are crying about the plotholes and not the people who saw this multiple times in the theater and who have bought dvd/blu ray

Esau Cairn

actually the dark knight rises is one of his best work

Maybe you & your 13 yr old nephew can explain me this?

The scene on the rooftop where Catwoman gets cornered by Bane's henchmen & Bats comes to her rescue. They fight briefly & then Bats jumps into The Bat, followed by Catwoman.

Then Batman decides to fly away.
I mean why didn't he stay & fight? He's in a bullet-proof vehicle equipped with heavy artillery clearly having the advantage over Bane & his henchmen....& yet he flies away.

Later we see Bruce sucking up to Selina asking her to lead Batman to Bane's lair.

So Batman had the advantage but didn't use only to have to track Bane later into unfamiliar territory...losing his edge & the battle.

Jurmey
Prometheus and MIB 3

Esau Cairn
Originally posted by Tzeentch._

The clock itself is probably the plot-hole.

It probably had seconds for the sake of dramatic tension.

That's where I thought Nolan's sense of story telling suffered the most, he lost grasp of time in the movie...there clearly was no feeling of impending doom to Gotham towards the end of the movie.

The other time plot hole was the bike chase from the stock exchange.It started mid-afternoon & ended up late in the night...a chase that went on for over 5 hours!

BruceSkywalker
Maybe you & your 13 yr old nephew can explain me this?

The scene on the rooftop where Catwoman gets cornered by Bane's henchmen & Bats comes to her rescue. They fight briefly & then Bats jumps into The Bat, followed by Catwoman.

Then Batman decides to fly away.
I mean why didn't he stay & fight? He's in a bullet-proof vehicle equipped with heavy artillery clearly having the advantage over Bane & his henchmen....& yet he flies away.

Later we see Bruce sucking up to Selina asking her to lead Batman to Bane's lair.

So Batman had the advantage but didn't use only to have to track Bane later into unfamiliar territory...losing his edge & the battle.

facepalm smdh.. perhaps you shouldvread the script, i can give a site where you actually can read them.. when you actually use your brain you will realize Batman's objective was to help Selina and keep her safe.. again doesn't take a genius to figure things out, even two year olds can...

second Batman had to gain her trust which he still didn't have.. can 't you think?????? you do realize it is not the director's(whether it is Nolan, Lucas, Spielberg, Tarantino, etc...)responsibility to spell things out for people...

Esau Cairn
Oh ok gaining Selina's trust & her ensuing safety IS OF GREATER IMPORTANCE THAN protecting Gotham City & it's population from the terrorist Bane.

I mean Batman in The Bat clearly had the advantage over Bane on the rooftop....but he didn't attack becos he didn't have Selina's trust at that stage?

Riiiight.

So by your reasoning, it's actually Selina's fault that 2 grid iron teams (minus one) were killed & 3000 police officers became trapped underground....becos Bats was having trouble gaining her trust.

CowardlyBlakMan
Prometheus.

Never saw Batman rises, and don't need to. What a big mess this movie was. Not even just the plot holes ..the actors couldnt even save this script

dadudemon
Well, here is a list I copied and pasted that list many legit plotholes from TDKR:

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=13958132+userid%3A66591#post13958132

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=13958133+userid%3A66591#post13958133

And here are many "plotholes" explained from Prometheus:

GpEx7pdp2-Q

Nibedicus
I'd like to nominate the movie "Lockout" for plothole ridden film of 2012.

Newjak
Well, here is a list I copied and pasted that list many legit plotholes from TDKR:

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=13958132+userid%3A66591#post13958132

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=13958133+userid%3A66591#post13958133

And here are many "plotholes" explained from Prometheus:

GpEx7pdp2-Q I still think they are plotholes in Prometheus stick out tongue

Personally I feel like the main problem with the TDKR is that Nolan was planning on telling a different story but when Heath died and he decided to drop all the Joker aspects from the story it took a good chunk out of his original story and he had to hurry with the rest. Also Bale wanted to make the movie more Batman central since the Joker stole the show last time so they wanted to make the villains less interesting and spotlight stealing this time around.

Some of the stuff doesn't bother me like Bruce getting back into the city. There is a difference between not showing something and something being a plothole to me.

the ninjak
See now, that would make sense. If not for the fact that the island is surrounded by a literal curtain of Category 5 hurricane winds, air funnels, and constant lightning storms. And it's 100 miles away from the closest island, and the little animals get big, while the big animals get small. So there were like giant bees and dog sized elephants.

The original story probably made sense, but the one with Brendan Frasier and the remix didn't. They were fun, but plotholes abound. Originally posted by Kazenji
There was no animals migrating to an island in the original movie and orange goo at all. Originally posted by KingD19
I thought he was talking about the original original story. I remember the movie with Frasier. Originally posted by Kazenji
And i'm talking about the original adaptation too

'Journey to the centre of the earth' which that Fraser movie was loosely based on

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0052948/

I was talking about Mysterious Island. And it's unofficial sequel Food of the Gods.

BruceSkywalker
Oh ok gaining Selina's trust & her ensuing safety IS OF GREATER IMPORTANCE THAN protecting Gotham City & it's population from the terrorist Bane.

I mean Batman in The Bat clearly had the advantage over Bane on the rooftop....but he didn't attack becos he didn't have Selina's trust at that stage?

Riiiight.

So by your reasoning, it's actually Selina's fault that 2 grid iron teams (minus one) were killed & 3000 police officers became trapped underground....becos Bats was having trouble gaining her trust.

dude I don't time to babysit a grown man and explain things to him.. use your brain and think, once again it is not the director's job to spell things out for people.. only haters will think it is while millions of people around the world aren't really bothered about plotholes..

Originally posted by Nibedicus

...and we have actual winner.. lololololololololololol

Some of the stuff doesn't bother me like Bruce getting back into the city. There is a difference between not showing something and something being a plothole to me.

right on

srankmissingnin
TDKR.

Bruce Wayne has no cartilage in his knee and can barely walk when the film begins. He needs a robo-brace to be able to go out as Batman. Bane dislocates his vertebrae and dumps him in a third world prison. Knee injury miraculously healed. Come on.

Also being suspended by a rope healed his spinal cord injuries, just like in the real world! Derp. dur

Esau Cairn
dude I don't time to babysit a grown man and explain things to him.. use your brain and think, once again it is not the director's job to spell things out for people.. only haters will think it is while millions of people around the world aren't really bothered about plotholes..

Once again, I've asked you a reasonable & logical question & you've gone off on a tangent evading answering the question.

I asked you, Why did Batman, in The Bat fly away from Bane instead of attacking him, when Bats clearly had the advantage?

Your answer, "He needed to gain Selina's trust first."

I have used my brain to think & I've finally come to the conclusion that you've somehow mistaken Twilight for TDKR.

BruceSkywalker
Once again, I've asked you a reasonable & logical question & you've gone off on a tangent evading answering the question.

I asked you, Why did Batman, in The Bat fly away from Bane instead of attacking him, when Bats clearly had the advantage?

Your answer, "He needed to gain Selina's trust first."

I have used my brain to think & I've finally come to the conclusion that you've somehow mistaken Twilight for TDKR.

you make me laugh.. use your mind, your brain to figure it out... its not hard... a 2 year old can figure it out..

next up do you know anything, I mean anything at all regarding Batman?? next up, do you think the film which was 2 hours and 45 minutes long that the film would end one hour into it??

Nibedicus
Originally posted by Nibedicus

Esau Cairn

next up do you know anything, I mean anything at all regarding Batman?? next up, do you think the film which was 2 hours and 45 minutes long that the film would end one hour into it??

Hmmm...do I want to see my favourite character hide inside an armoured, heavily weaponised flying vehicle & FLY AWAY from his protagonist....

OR
JUST
MAYBE....

A nod to one of Miller's classic scenes....

Can you imagine The Bat hovering just inches away from Bane's face?
-Bullets ricocheting off the cockpit-

Can you picture Bane taunting Bats to pull the trigger...Batman's finger on the button, staring back at Bane.

Can you hear the inner turmoil of Alfred telling Bruce that he's too old, too broken, that he's got nothing to prove by taking Bane on...?

Can you see the camera close-up on Batman's face as he ponders whether to pull the trigger, whether to land The Bat & take Bane on, whether he still has it in him....?

Then maybe that's when Selina sees the suicide option that Batman's about to take & grabs the throttle forcing The Bat to fly off....

Yeah I think that would've been a better scene then you're Twilight explanation of Batman impotent with trust issues.

BruceSkywalker
Hmmm...do I want to see my favourite character hide inside an armoured, heavily weaponised flying vehicle & FLY AWAY from his protagonist....

OR
JUST
MAYBE....

Can you picture Bane taunting Bats to pull the trigger...Batman's finger on the button, staring back at Bane.

Can you hear the inner turmoil of Alfred telling Bruce that he's too old, too broken, that he's got nothing to prove by taking Bane on...?

Can you see the camera close-up on Batman's face as he ponders whether to pull the trigger, whether to land The Bat & take Bane on, whether he still has it in him....?

Then maybe that's when Selina sees the suicide option that Batman's about to take & grabs the throttle forcing The Bat to fly off....

Yeah I think that would've been a better scene then you're Twilight explanation of Batman impotent with trust issues.

don;t have too.. keep making me laugh as laughter makes things much better.. I've read the script for the film.. I also know everything their is to know where Batman is concerned.. the film was 2 hours and 45 minutes long, NOT 1 HOUR where you think Batman will do something TOTALLY NOT LIKE HIS CHARACTER so obviously you know nothing of the character..

omgchos
WQJuGeqdbn4

the ninjak
Originally posted by omgchos
WQJuGeqdbn4

AAAAAAHHAHAHHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAHHAHAHAA!

But seriously...I made all those points months ago. And people still say it's OK.

Probably the most half-assed screenplay written in years.

omgchos
My Cocaine

the ninjak
My Cocaine

Lolz My Cocaine and Prince-Ass Diaries.

As Krusty the Clown once said...("They drove a truckload full of money up to my house, I'm not made of stone."wink

Sums up Dark Knight perfectly.

Newjak

OR
JUST
MAYBE....

Yeah I think that would've been a better scene then you're Twilight explanation of Batman impotent with trust issues. First off I don't think the Bat was actually bullet proof like the tank was. One well placed shot could have taken them down.

Also I'm not sure but I don't think Batman even saw Bane in the fight you're mentioning.

omgchos
Nolan is ahit and miss director for me personally. I came out TDKR feeling somewhat cheated. I was actually never that excited for it whereas i was practically jizzing my pants every time i saw that epic TDK trailer with the joker facing off against the bat pod "HIT ME".

Inception was just an utter disappointment. You have the template of peoples dreams to base a movie off of and it amounts to nothing but psychobabble and slow motion. The only redeeming aspect of that story was the sub plot of him and his wife in limbo, which was destroyed at the end of the movie IMO. The totem bullshit. Also Juno his a horrible actress.

Whereas Nolan Utterly blew my mind with The Prestige. One of my favorite period pieces(if not THE favorite).

IMO Inception was more of him taking a chance as a director which i dont mind at all, but it seems like there are some people who think Nolan's shit sparkles. I give props where props are due, but i also found it a bit insulting that whenever i tell people i didnt like inception or TDKR its about the same reaction as when i tell the i didnt like Avatar. A mixure of confusion and a bit like ive insulted them in some way. I never said they were retarded for likeing it. Just that it wasnt as great as its made out to be.

TDKR was by no stretch a shitty movie, but it had major plotholes. If not story wise then character wise. And the final nail in the coffin for me was how bane ultimately was killed. Anti climactic as ****.

omgchos
Lolz My Cocaine and Prince-Ass Diaries.

As Krusty the Clown once said...("They drove a truckload full of money up to my house, I'm not made of stone."wink

Sums up Dark Knight perfectly.
Well yeah, like nolan was gonna say no. TDK was a perfect ending to the series. TDKR was just a rehash of Begins on a grander scale.

I totally just obscured my last post lol. I always seem to do that to my own posts. Jumping to next page.

Newjak
Nolan is ahit and miss director for me personally. I came out TDKR feeling somewhat cheated. I was actually never that excited for it whereas i was practically jizzing my pants every time i saw that epic TDK trailer with the joker facing off against the bat pod "HIT ME".

Inception was just an utter disappointment. You have the template of peoples dreams to base a movie off of and it amounts to nothing but psychobabble and slow motion. The only redeeming aspect of that story was the sub plot of him and his wife in limbo, which was destroyed at the end of the movie IMO. The totem bullshit. Also Juno his a horrible actress.

Whereas Nolan Utterly blew my mind with The Prestige. One of my favorite period pieces(if not THE favorite).

IMO Inception was more of him taking a chance as a director which i dont mind at all, but it seems like there are some people who think Nolan's shit sparkles. I give props where props are due, but i also found it a bit insulting that whenever i tell people i didnt like inception or TDKR its about the same reaction as when i tell the i didnt like Avatar. A mixure of confusion and a bit like ive insulted them in some way. I never said they were retarded for likeing it. Just that it wasnt as great as its made out to be.

TDKR was by no stretch a shitty movie, but it had major plotholes. If not story wise then character wise. And the final nail in the coffin for me was how bane ultimately was killed. Anti climactic as ****. Agreed BAne's death was stupid considering he was the best part of TDKR for me.

the ninjak
Well yeah, like nolan was gonna say no. TDK was a perfect ending to the series. TDKR was just a rehash of Begins on a grander scale.

I totally just obscured my last post lol. I always seem to do that to my own posts. Jumping to next page.

Hey I know how that feels.

Write some great stuff and maybe one geek in the whole world would actually read it. I'll repost it for ya. I agree 100%

TDKR was by no stretch a shitty movie, but it had major plotholes. If not story wise then character wise. And the final nail in the coffin for me was how bane ultimately was killed. Anti climactic as ****.

omgchos
Agreed BAne's death was stupid considering he was the best part of TDKR for me.
I honeslty didnt like bane at all lol. I was more pointing out that the movie basically came to a head when the cops rolled up to battle the criminals. It was the goddamn climax with awesome fist fight and very well shot action/battle sequence. Batman overcomes bane at long last and suddenly hes all better somehow, and batman gets tabbed. Then BAM queue Price-Ass Diaries. At least the jokre actually got defeated by the protagonist. Like u know how it should be.

omgchos
Hey I know how that feels.

Write some great stuff and maybe one geek in the whole world would actually read it. I'll repost it for ya. I agree 100%
newjak beat you to the punch.

dadudemon
WQJuGeqdbn4

lol, I made most of those points opening weekend, right on KMC. THOSE PLAGIARIZERS! laughing

-Pr-

I honestly didn't enjoy the Prestige that much. Probably because I found it to be predictable.

And I enjoyed DKR more than DK, but that was due to the villains more than anything else tbh.

Esau Cairn
don;t have too.. keep making me laugh as laughter makes things much better.. I've read the script for the film.. I also know everything their is to know where Batman is concerned.. the film was 2 hours and 45 minutes long, NOT 1 HOUR where you think Batman will do something TOTALLY NOT LIKE HIS CHARACTER so obviously you know nothing of the character..

Dude, I'm tired of arguing with you.... as much as you're fed up with my criticisms.

Just take note of 3 things:

1) I didn't start this thread.
2) Nor was I the 1st to even mention TDKR.
3) You simply fail to notice everyone else's opinions regarding the amount of plot holes in TDKR.

You liked the movie. Good for you.
Did it have a well written storyline?
Sadly, no.

Esau Cairn

I'm gonna be branded a Nolan Hater again but yeah Inception really didn't amount to all the hype it generated.

The topic of dreams suggests themes laden with fantasy, horror, erotism, fetishes etc. Yet all the movie really broke down to was a mediocre car chase, a floating hotel lobby scene & lastly a very Bondesque cliched gun battle in the snow sequence.

The Prestige on the other hand was good fun. Totally enjoyed it.

ares834
Sadly, no.

This is an opinion. Not fact.

Anyway, I gotta agree with you on Inception. It's good, but not great. Memento and The Prestige however were awesome.

-kV-
I thought all of Nolan's films were awesome except for TDKR. I felt Nolan wanted to "one up" TDK and make something epic and grand in scope (Return of the King style) and came up short.

But as for this thread, Prometheus easily easily easily had the most plotholes out of any film I've since this year.

Esau Cairn
This is an opinion. Not fact.

It's an opinion that's been shared & parodied by many others.

Honestly go back on KMC's movie archives & show me another big budget movie that's copped as much flack as TDKR has.

Christ, I don't think even Avatar was ridiculed as much as TDKR.

-kV-

Honestly go back on KMC's movie archives & show me another big budget movie that's copped as much flack as TDKR has.

To be fair though, Avatar sucked. It was basically Pocahontas on LSD featuring smurfs on steroids as opposed to Native Americans.

TDKR faced high expectations, and in attempt to somehow outdo Dark Knight ended up creating several blatant plot holes. I still thought it had plenty of spectacular moments though.

BruceSkywalker
Dude, I'm tired of arguing with you.... as much as you're fed up with my criticisms.

Just take note of 3 things:

1) I didn't start this thread.
2) Nor was I the 1st to even mention TDKR.
3) You simply fail to notice everyone else's opinions regarding the amount of plot holes in TDKR.

You liked the movie. Good for you.
Sadly, no.

actually no, but keep making me laugh..

actually the storyline rocked..

dude its based on hate and ignorance.. you do know that millions of people around the disagree with you?? thats not even counting the already thousands the dark knight rises has sold on dvd/blu ray.. also unfortunately for you, studios and directors really don;t care what message boards say

Kazenji
Originally posted by -kV-
To be fair though, Avatar sucked. It was basically Pocahontas on LSD featuring smurfs on steroids as opposed to Native Americans.

For you maybe it might have.

Esau Cairn

you do know that millions of people around the disagree with you??

Man, you really like to exaggerate your point just to hide the lack of substance to your posts.

The title of this thread is: Most plotholed film in 2012.

Approximately 30 different people posted in this thread. 1/3 of them nominated TDKR as the most plotholed film for this year.

I can name them all.

Can you name the "millions of people around the world" who disagree with me?

Hell, I don't even see/hear a response from you regarding all the points brought up in the You tube clip.

-Pr-
shrug

Even if it had the most plot-holes, that doesn't make it the worst movie.

ares834
Yep.

I strongly agree with this article.

http://unrealitymag.com/index.php/2012/09/18/why-we-need-to-give-plot-holes-a-rest/

dadudemon
Yep.

http://unrealitymag.com/index.php/2012/09/18/why-we-need-to-give-plot-holes-a-rest/

I strongly disagree with it. The author is clearly butthurt because people are pointing out pretty clear problems in movies he liked. So the dissonance he feels has to be resolved, somehow, so he wrote that article explaining how he gets over the dissonance.

You can have a virtually plothole-less movie...it can be done. Many have been made. In fact, I think it is difficult to write a plothole riddled movie like TDKR. It is pretty amazing that a movie like that is riddled with so many legit plotholes: they had to go out of their way to make some of the plotholes happen.

Kazenji
Yep.

thumb up

-Pr-
I strongly disagree with it. The author is clearly butthurt because people are pointing out pretty clear problems in movies he liked. So the dissonance he feels has to be resolved, somehow, so he wrote that article explaining how he gets over the dissonance.

You can have a virtually plothole-less movie...it can be done. Many have been made. In fact, I think it is difficult to write a plothole riddled movie like TDKR. It is pretty amazing that a movie like that is riddled with so many legit plotholes: they had to go out of their way to make some of the plotholes happen.

Just seems a bit late to me. People treat Dark Knight like it's a master-piece, and that had plot holes. I honestly don't get why DKR is treated like it's absurdly worse than everything else.

NemeBro
What were TDK's plotholes?

-Pr-
Originally posted by NemeBro
What were TDK's plotholes?

A few that come to mind:

How Joker's schoolbus wasn't magically noticed by the tons of other bus drivers nearby?
How Wayne's plane got to fly over (I think it was Hong Kong) without the chinese army blowing the shit out of it?
How the Joker, after tossing Rachel out of the window (and Batman goes after her) ends up what, peacefully leaving?

There were some more, but not remembering them right now.

-kV-
For you maybe it might have.

I'll modify my statement. I enjoyed the film because of its sweet visuals. However, the actual storyline was stupid and a complete ripoff of other previous films. And that's why I wouldn't say it was better than TDKR, even though the film had clear plotholes.

A few that come to mind:

How Joker's schoolbus wasn't magically noticed by the tons of other bus drivers nearby?
How Wayne's plane got to fly over (I think it was Hong Kong) without the chinese army blowing the shit out of it?
How the Joker, after tossing Rachel out of the window (and Batman goes after her) ends up what, peacefully leaving?

TDK had plotholes, but there aren't as many and as blatant as those in TDKR. In fact, I don't seem to recall that many more apart from the ones you listed above.

dadudemon
A few that come to mind:

As you have described it, that is not a plothole. Joker was inside the building and the bus was not labeled "Jokers bus": it was a plain ol' legit schoolbus.

There were multiple schoolbuses at the hospital:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pfmkRi_tr9c&playnext=1&list=PLE6D6FBB8394169B6&feature=results_video

So why would anyone care about another schoolbus when there appears to be 3 or 4 other buses?

Hong Kong has a very large amount of autonomy from China. China has a insignificant military presence in Hong Kong, as well. Also, Wayne enterprises, at the time, was at the top of the world: getting permission from the Chinese government is as easy as paying them off. Lastly, simply logging a flight with Hong Kong International Airport is all the pilot of that plane had to do to not raise any suspicions (yeah, it's that simple). Contrast this with TDKR: that "leverage" of Wayne Enterprises was simply not there in TDKR which is why people wonder how the hell Bruce got home once he got out of the hole: no money and a ruined reputation (not going to pay someone off to get home).

How is this a plothole? He just got done terrorizing that group and presumably had some thugs with him. He is definitely free to leave at any time he wants to without any repercussions.

I do not see any of those as plotholes.

There are plotholes, for sure...but the ones you mentioned are not it.

BruceSkywalker
Man, you really like to exaggerate your point just to hide the lack of substance to your posts.

The title of this thread is: Most plotholed film in 2012.

Approximately 30 different people posted in this thread. 1/3 of them nominated TDKR as the most plotholed film for this year.

I can name them all.

Can you name the "millions of people around the world" who disagree with me?

Hell, I don't even see/hear a response from you regarding all the points brought up in the You tube clip.

dude please continue to make me laugh, I knew you'd say something like that.. you see the millions of people around the world ARE THE PEOPLE WHO MADE THIS FILM A FINANCIAL SUCCESS The Dark Knight Rises made $$448,139,099 right here in the United States and $$632,902,188 overseas for a grand total of $1,081,041,287 that is what I mean when I say that millions of people disagree with you.. you do know that when a film makes that type of money , people see it multiple times. not just once and that is not even counting the money the film will make on dvd/blu ray.. once again only the people who didn't like the film that much or who simply want to hate are the ones whining about the plotholes.... btw it doesn't matter what the thread title is because Prometheus had just as many plotholes and yet that film has barely been mentioned..

also who cares what people say on a message board, studios don't and neither do directors.. who cares what some dumb arse youtube clip says, I already know that that person is some ignorant hater who is just simply jealous of how Nolan interpreted the character..

shrug

Even if it had the most plot-holes, that doesn't make it the worst movie.

shhhh, don't say that too loud lol..

Yep.

damn good fine ares834

NemeBro
Bruce, you're acting like a whiny little girl who has just pissed her panties.

Stop it.

-Pr-
I'll modify my statement. I enjoyed the film because of its sweet visuals. However, the actual storyline was stupid and a complete ripoff of other previous films. And that's why I wouldn't say it was better than TDKR, even though the film had clear plotholes.

TDK had plotholes, but there aren't as many and as blatant as those in TDKR. In fact, I don't seem to recall that many more apart from the ones you listed above.

As you have described it, that is not a plothole. Joker was inside the building and the bus was not labeled "Jokers bus": it was a plain ol' legit schoolbus.

There were multiple schoolbuses at the hospital:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pfmkRi_tr9c&playnext=1&list=PLE6D6FBB8394169B6&feature=results_video

So why would anyone care about another schoolbus when there appears to be 3 or 4 other buses?

Hong Kong has a very large amount of autonomy from China. China has a insignificant military presence in Hong Kong, as well. Also, Wayne enterprises, at the time, was at the top of the world: getting permission from the Chinese government is as easy as paying them off. Lastly, simply logging a flight with Hong Kong International Airport is all the pilot of that plane had to do to not raise any suspicions (yeah, it's that simple). Contrast this with TDKR: that "leverage" of Wayne Enterprises was simply not there in TDKR which is why people wonder how the hell Bruce got home once he got out of the hole: no money and a ruined reputation (not going to pay someone off to get home).

How is this a plothole? He just got done terrorizing that group and presumably had some thugs with him. He is definitely free to leave at any time he wants to without any repercussions.

I do not see any of those as plotholes.

There are plotholes, for sure...but the ones you mentioned are not it.

Disagree on both counts, but that's me.

Kazenji

I know about the movie was using stories from other films but i still enjoyed it for what it was.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by NemeBro
Bruce, you're acting like a whiny little girl who has just pissed her panties.

Stop it.

lol at the whining part.. im just speaking truth

dadudemon
lol at the whining part.. im just speaking truth

I don't think you're whining. At worst, you're just irritated with the hate of a legitimately good film. It's all gravy, baby. big grin

BruceSkywalker
I don't think you're whining. At worst, you're just irritated with the hate of a legitimately good film. It's all gravy, baby. big grin

damn straight

Mindset
lol at the whining part.. im just speaking truth But you have pissed your panties?

BruceSkywalker
But you have pissed your panties?

lol lmao.. don't do that either

Nibedicus
But you have pissed your panties?

Some girls are into that, I hear.

Esau Cairn

Two-Face much?

You're actually the first person on this thread that nominated TDKR.

NemeBro
Neither of those statements are necessarily contradictory.

I think TDKR had some very noticeable plotholes.

I still think it is a good movie.

Tzeentch._
That's because your taste sucks

omgchos
I honestly didn't enjoy the Prestige that much. Probably because I found it to be predictable.

And I enjoyed DKR more than DK, but that was due to the villains more than anything else tbh.

Bane would have been a great villain if

A) He wasnt talias little henchmen, and therefore had no motivation of his own.

B) Didnt have a voice akin to a british troll with autotune.

C) And finally wasnt killed so anticlimactically.

Yep.

A plot hole, or plothole, is a gap or inconsistency in a storyline that goes against the flow of logic established by the story's plot, or constitutes a blatant omission of relevant information regarding the plot. These include such things as unlikely behaviour or actions of characters, illogical or impossible events, events happening for no apparent reason, or statements/events that contradict earlier events in the storyline.

In other words this guy is just another TDKR fan whining about what he percieves as hate towards his moive. When in fact it did have some major plotholes.

-Pr-
I actually really liked Bane, tbh.

dadudemon
A plot hole, or plothole, is a gap or inconsistency in a storyline that goes against the flow of logic established by the story's plot, or constitutes a blatant omission of relevant information regarding the plot. These include such things as unlikely behaviour or actions of characters, illogical or impossible events, events happening for no apparent reason, or statements/events that contradict earlier events in the storyline.

In other words this guy is just another TDKR fan whining about what he percieves as hate towards his moive. When in fact it did have some major plotholes.

Oh snap! laughing laughing laughing

omgchos
That took me all of 10 seconds to find. The guy who wrote the article shoulda done his homework.

Ridley_Prime

He was moreso a guardian/protector to her than he was a henchman, and he promptly ignored Talia's order right after she left the building, so he had a mind/motivation of his own. The voice I never had much problem with, but everyone shares the same sentiments on how he was killed off.

omgchos
He was moreso a guardian/protector to her than he was a henchman, and he promptly ignored Talia's order right after she left the building, so he had a mind/motivation of his own. The voice I never had much problem with, but everyone shares the same sentiments on how he was killed off.
I would grant you that technically that was motivation, but it seems more like bad writing to me lol. Even in the respectof him being her protector he wasnt there all that much when she needed protecting. Seems like she was apart from him for a good chunk of it while he was off fulfilling the plot of the first movie. Im of the opinion that nolan wanted a villain with something memorable after the joker. However he didnt let Tom Hardy run away with the character like he should have. All we got something akin to James Earl Jones voicing darth vader. I know it was still technically toms voice but i would have liked to see him doing it himself.

BruceSkywalker

so you can't think for yourself then???

omgchos
so you can't think for yourself then???
If your refereing to the the first part that looks like an opinion of my own to me, lol.

If to the second part you refer, young skywalker, posting a definition is the best way to prove someone wrong if they claim to know what a plothole is. Also if you refer to the last statement ther i did express my opinion as to why someone would think that way.

ares834
]A plot hole, or plothole, is a gap or inconsistency in a storyline that goes against the flow of logic established by the story's plot, or constitutes a blatant omission of relevant information regarding the plot. These include such things as unlikely behaviour or actions of characters, illogical or impossible events, events happening for no apparent reason, or statements/events that contradict earlier events in the storyline.

Except he never said it didn't have plot holes. Only that several of these so called "plot holes" aren't.

omgchos
Except he never said it didn't have plot holes. Only that several of these so called "plot holes" aren't.
My post adresses that. his example was batman appearing in gotham after the pit of despair......
http://www.quotesworthrepeating.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/The-Albino-.jpg
These include such things as unlikely behaviour or actions of characters, illogical or impossible events, events happening for no apparent reason, or statements/events that contradict earlier events in the storyline.
This right here addresses that almost to a T.

ares834
My post adresses that. his example was batman appearing in gotham after the pit of despair......

As I've said countless times now, Batman flew the Bat into Gotham. It's not that difficult to infer. I'll admit, however, that Batman getting back to the Americas could be constituted as a plot hole by some. And yet, that doesn't get the gist of what he was even saying which was plot holes don't necessarily make a film bad. Frankly, TDKR's biggest problem was the pacing not the so called plot holes people keep bringing up.

These include such things as unlikely behaviour or actions of characters, illogical or impossible events, events happening for no apparent reason, or statements/events that contradict earlier events in the storyline.

Where was this in TDKR?

I can see somebody making a claim for this: Constitutes a blatant omission of relevant information regarding the plot.

But not the portion you brought up.

BruceSkywalker
If your refereing to the the first part that looks like an opinion of my own to me, lol.

If to the second part you refer, young skywalker, posting a definition is the best way to prove someone wrong if they claim to know what a plothole is. Also if you refer to the last statement ther i did express my opinion as to why someone would think that way.

I agree with Ares834

thumb up

omgchos
As I've said countless times now, Batman flew the Bat into Gotham. It's not that difficult to infer. I'll admit, however, that Batman getting back to the Americas could be constituted as a plot hole by some. And yet, that doesn't get the gist of what he was even saying which was plot holes don't necessarily make a film bad. Frankly, TDKR's biggest problem was the pacing not the so called plot holes people keep bringing up.

Where was this in TDKR?

I can see somebody making a claim for this: Constitutes a blatant omission of relevant information regarding the plot.

But not the portion you brought up.
Him somehow getting to from point A to point B with no money is in fact a plothole. I never voiced an opinion of the movie based on my post there. My actual opions of the movie vary from plotholes to characters and so on. My post was a retort to the article. He used that as his example. It is by definition a plothole. So let me set the record straight.

The guy who made that article does not know what hes talking about. I pointed out his mistake and my theory as to why he made it. Aside from my quip about TDKR fans making it out to be a better movie than it is, i didnt express much of an opinion on the film specifically.

If you want to know my opinion go back a page or two, i feel iv'e made my reasons for disliking TDKR well known. And let me assure you plotholes are just one reason i didnt like it.

ares834
Him somehow getting to from point A to point B with no money is in fact a plothole. I never voiced an opinion of the movie based on my post there. My actual opions of the movie vary from plotholes to characters and so on. My post was a retort to the article. He used that as his example. It is by definition a plothole. So let me set the record straight.

Not necessarily. To some, it will be considered a plot hole, but to others the "he's Batman" is a satisfactory answer of how he did it. That's what they guy in the article is arguing, that this answer works.

If you want to know my opinion go back a page or two, i feel iv'e made my reasons for disliking TDKR well known. And let me assure you plotholes are just one reason i didnt like it.

Fair enough.

omgchos
Not necessarily. To some, it will be considered a plot hole, but to others the "he's Batman" is a satisfactory answer of how he did it. That's what they guy in the article is arguing, that this answer works.
He seems to state pretty blatantly that its not a plothole by any definition. Also whether you accept the "i'm batman" argument is irrelevant as its still a plothole. Albeit one that by some people is overlooked if they like the film enough. Plotholes dont a bad a movie make. Unless they are horrible stinking shit filled plotholes. In this case id say that no its not a horrible stinking shit filled plothole, tho you could completely tell that nolan was rushing the moivie along at the end. I would consider him recovering from a crippling beating and back injury in 3 months to be more of a plot hole. Or that batman was even able to climb out of the hole as he supposedly had a debilitating knee injury that rquired a super advanced leg brace that he didnt have anymore. Where was this healing factor earlier in the movie?

Newjak

The guy who made that article does not know what hes talking about. I pointed out his mistake and my theory as to why he made it. Aside from my quip about TDKR fans making it out to be a better movie than it is, i didnt express much of an opinion on the film specifically.

If you want to know my opinion go back a page or two, i feel iv'e made my reasons for disliking TDKR well known. And let me assure you plotholes are just one reason i didnt like it. Getting from point A to B with no money isn't that hard if you still have friends with a lot of it.

Seriously Wanye wine and dined with the most rich of Gotham and the world.

Do you honestly think that Bruce couldn't get a hold of someone to fly him back to Gotham or close to it, and considering what was going on I'm sure it wouldn't be that hard to convince someone to get him there.

He may have just called Alfred, cause Alfred probably had some spare money on him in a bank account somewhere that he could have loaned Bruce to get back.

omgchos
Getting from point A to B with no money isn't that hard if you still have friends with a lot of it.

Seriously Wanye wine and dined with the most rich of Gotham and the world.

Do you honestly think that Bruce couldn't get a hold of someone to fly him back to Gotham or close to it, and considering what was going on I'm sure it wouldn't be that hard to convince someone to get him there.

He may have just called Alfred, cause Alfred probably had some spare money on him in a bank account somewhere that he could have loaned Bruce to get back.
All these inferences on the part of the audience just backs up the fact that its a plot hole. Seriously guys i dont consider this to be some kind of lynch pin to the movie's quality. I never even gave a shit that he got back to gotham. I was more worried about other things in the movie that made me dislike it. I merely pointed out the flaw in that articles argument. All the TDKR fans seem to think THIS is the thing that made alot of us not like TDKR. Trus me there is much more. I could give 2 shits about him teleporting to gotham lol.

ares834
He seems to state pretty blatantly that its not a plothole by any definition. Also whether you accept the "i'm batman" argument is irrelevant as its still a plothole.

Not at all. Consider, do the think the CIA agents getting into Gotham is a plot hole? Probably not. Why? Because they are CIA agents and would have the necessary means to pull off such a maneuver. The same holds true for Batman.

In this case it's how did he get back to the Americas? The answer, he is Batman and would have the necessary means to pull off such a maneuver. Now you may not believe that's a satisfactory answer, and that's fine. But if you do find it to be satisfactory than it ceases to be a plot hole. That's what the guy was arguing, that the "I'm Batman" premise is satisfactory.

omgchos
Not at all. Consider, do the think the CIA agents getting into Gotham is a plot hole? Probably not. Why? Because they are CIA agents and would have the necessary means to pull off such a maneuver. The same holds true for Batman.

In this case it's how did he get back to the Americas? The answer, he is Batman and would have the necessary means to pull off such a maneuver. Now you may not believe that's a satisfactory answer, and that's fine. But if you do find it to be satisfactory than it ceases to be a plot hole. That's what the guy was arguing, that the "I'm Batman" premise is satisfactory.
If there is no explination given the arleady established information i.e. no money and no established contactacts except for those in gotham(lucious, and alfred) then its a plothole. When the only explination is im batman it doesnt work. It may be amusing but this isnt a comedy, unless you count banes voice.

BruceSkywalker
If there is no explination given the arleady established information i.e. no money and no established contactacts except for those in gotham(lucious, and alfred) then its a plothole. When the only explination is im batman it doesnt work. It may be amusing but this isnt a comedy, unless you count banes voice.

lolololololol smdh.. thanks for the laughs , there doesn;t have to be an explanation.. you the viewer should have the smarts to figure things out for yourself.. Bruce Wayne certainly has the connections to sneak back into town with the greatest of ease.. even Bane ddin;t know Bruce snuck back into town until he saw the fiery bat signal

Robtard

I didn't take the "you're broke, Bruce" as Bruce being completely broke, just officially to the outside world that only knew him as Bruce Wayne the spoiled dickhead.

It's not hard to imagine that Batman would have secreted away accounts and resources. Rich people who aren't Batman already do this.

Esau Cairn
Originally posted by Robtard
I didn't take the "you're broke, Bruce" as Bruce being completely broke, just officially to the outside world that only knew him as Bruce Wayne the spoiled dickhead.

It's not hard to imagine that Batman would have secreted away accounts and resources. Rich people who aren't Batman already do this.

Sorry but you & B Skywalker are dismissing an integral part of the story-line.

a) It's established that Wayne Enterprises is no longer making a profit, due to Bruce discontinuing the fusion reactor project.

b) Bane uses Bruce's fingerprints at the Stock Exchange to bankrupt Wayne Enterprises & BLAME Bruce for it. Bruce is publicly humiliated on a worldwide level.

c) Alfred leaves...so there's no point or reason Bruce would later call him for money (to get back to Gotham).

d) Electricity is cut off at the Wayne manor, establishing just how far Bruce has fallen from his riches.

Why would Nolan establish all the reasons above just so the general audience could shrug it off as, "well he's not really broke..."?

Furthermore the "He's Batman" theory fails because it wasn't Batman who climbed out of the pit but a poor, penniless Bruce Wayne, who clearly had no money or even identification on him.

Esau Cairn

The CIA agents getting into Gotham was NEVER considered a plot hole...they were clearly disguised as UN officials delivering food supplies.

In contrast, how did Bane smuggle & hide 4 trail bikes in the Stock Exchange? That's the obvious plot hole there.

Esau Cairn
Escaping the pit was also another head-scratcher.

Why were all the wannabe escapees shown having to climb & get off that ledge when it was clearly shown the rope that they were climbing was secured higher than the ledge?

I'm not saying that the rope was secured to the top edge of the pit...I just saw no logical reason that making it to the ledge & then jumping horizontally to another ledge the same height meant you escaped the pit....?

Esau Cairn
The only scene I can personally shrug off as "Because he's Batman." is the flaming bat on the side of the building.

I'll go as far as to imagine using The Bat to spray some sort of flammable gel to the side of the building.

-Pr-
Escaping the pit was also another head-scratcher.

Why were all the wannabe escapees shown having to climb & get off that ledge when it was clearly shown the rope that they were climbing was secured higher than the ledge?

I'm not saying that the rope was secured to the top edge of the pit...I just saw no logical reason that making it to the ledge & then jumping horizontally to another ledge the same height meant you escaped the pit....?

Actually, the rope that was attached to them looked to me like it was secured lower than the ledge you jumped from. Unless you mean a different rope?

Esau Cairn
Actually, the rope that was attached to them looked to me like it was secured lower than the ledge you jumped from. Unless you mean a different rope?

I really don't know whether the rope was secured below or above the ledge....

Nolan really left it vague that once you made it to one ledge & jumped to the other ledge...you were somehow free.

Maybe the 2nd ledge spiralled to the top, maybe the cracks in the wall were bigger on that side to get a proper grip....I really don't know.

-Pr-
I really don't know whether the rope was secured below or above the ledge....

Nolan really left it vague that once you made it to one ledge & jumped to the other ledge...you were somehow free.

Maybe the 2nd ledge spiralled to the top, maybe the cracks in the wall were bigger on that side to get a proper grip....I really don't know.

Im sure there were more hand-holds. I mean, Bane did say at one point that the prison liked to give people hope.

The actual rope that was tied around your waist was secured lower than the jump, though. I remember thinking when I was watching it that the rope will only let you jump so far, and could be what has been stopping people making it.

That said, I came to the conclusion after watching A Nolan Batman marathon over the last couple of days that I don't really care about the plotholes in DKR (or any of the Nolan movies). The movie has enough high points that in the end, I'm not going to worry about a bit of PIS.

If I were to pick a "most plot holed movie" I suppose I'd end up going for Prometheus, as much as I enjoyed it.

Esau Cairn

That said, I came to the conclusion after watching A Nolan Batman marathon over the last couple of days that I don't really care about the plotholes in DKR (or any of the Nolan movies). The movie has enough high points that in the end, I'm not going to worry about a bit of PIS.

If I were to pick a "most plot holed movie" I suppose I'd end up going for Prometheus, as much as I enjoyed it.

Hey I totally understand & RESPECT your point of view.
Between Prometheus & TDKR...I eagerly awaited 4 years for the latter to blow me away & sadly I was disappointed.

-Pr-
Hey I totally understand & RESPECT your point of view.
Between Prometheus & TDKR...I eagerly awaited 4 years for the latter to blow me away & sadly I was disappointed.

I probably liked it more than I should have because 1, I'm such a huge Alien fan, and 2, I was desperate to see something good after the AVP movies.

I still think it was one of the better movies of the year that I've seen, but I'm not going to pretend it was a masterpiece.

Yurika
Those movies that have follow-ups. Definitely plotholed

juggerman
Prometheus hands down

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>