Oblivion

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Kazenji
From the director of TRON: Legacy and the producer of Rise of the Planet of the Apes

dQ3Mt9yiz6k

Robtard
Looks decent enough.

marwash22
Sponsored by, Aperture Science.

Patient_Leech
The poster's pretty cool...

http://cdn1.screenrant.com/wp-content/uploads/oblivion-poster-570x836.jpg

rudester
oooow.

BruceSkywalker
might see

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
might see

Please, keep us posted.

rudester
not a big fan of Tom ever since him and katie... franky i dont care about his personal life but he acted like such a tool.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Patient_Leech
Please, keep us posted.

no.. big grin lol.. i need to see stills from this which i hope the studio leaks as well as more of olga

steverules_2
When does her restraining order on you run out Bruce?

dadudemon
Finally, a live action Elder of the Scrolls movie. I'm ultra excited for this.

steverules_2
Trolololol

Patient_Leech
Saw this last night in IMAX.

It is basically a conglomeration of all the major science fiction films of the last 40 or 50 years or so (2001 a space oddyssey, the Matrix, Planet of the Apes, Moon, I am Legend, the Jetsons, lol, etc etc! ). But it's so extremely beautifully filmed that it completely obsorbs you. And as far as I'm concerned there's nothing really truly original in science fiction left to do, so mashing everything up is still acceptible when it's this well done. And if you didn't watch the trailers (glad I didn't), you'll still be left guessing pretty much until the end. I liked it, but then again I'm a sucker for sci-fi. I recommend it. I think of it as kind of a tribute to science fiction, heh.

(And an added bonus is that it was filmed largely in Iceland where the opening to Prometheus was filmed. I'm almost positive that I saw that very same waterfall. The whole movie is just gorgeous to look at, damn.)

If it's not the same waterfall, it's one very much like it...

|
|
|
V

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by steverules_2
When does her restraining order on you run out Bruce?

lol

waiting to see if a friend gets this so i am only paying $5 instead of $13

Supra
Just saw it Friday, loved it

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
waiting to see if a friend gets this so i am only paying $5 instead of $13

I spent $17 for IMAX. I rarely spend that much for a movie, but I love science fiction and I'm glad I did in this case. It looks phenominal. Although oddly enough my local IMAX is way too f#cking loud sometimes. It gave me a headache halfway through.

BruceSkywalker
I spent $17 for IMAX. I rarely spend that much for a movie, but I love science fiction and I'm glad I did in this case. It looks phenominal. Although oddly enough my local IMAX is way too f#cking loud sometimes. It gave me a headache halfway through.

where do you live? here is los angeles IMAX is $13.. I do spend the cash on most films, but for some I wait until a friend of mine who owns his own screening room can get the film..

Patient_Leech
Goddamnit. $13?? I'm in the incredibly progressive state of Georgia.

BruceSkywalker
Goddamnit. $13?? I'm in the incredibly progressive state of Georgia.

yep both IMAX and IMAX 3 D are the same price..

never been to Georgia, but watch a few of the Falcon games

Patient_Leech
Well shit, I wonder why it's so much cheaper out there.. better attendance maybe?

jinXed by JaNx
trailer looks cold and confined. It also makes me feel like a movie that was made mostly on a high end computer software program (much like every other sci-fi flicks these days) i like Cruise and love sci-fi but have no interest in this. I hope i'm wrong. The fact that morgan freeman is in it also worries me. However, i will still see, but not at a theatrical price.

SupezM'
I've actually seen it twice, excellent Sci-Fi movie. I had my doubts but I left quite impressed, beautiful cinematography and the score is perfect. Altogether a well made movie and worth the admission...

quanchi112
This movie was lame.

super pr*xy
i liked it..

jaden101
Just back from this. Better than I expected although I expected a total steamer of a movie. Lots of overly obvious nods to other sci-fi. Some were humorous such as the nod to the sand people watching Luke in his speeder. Others were blatant plot rips. Certainly visually a lot better than the trailers looked. Some truly rotten acting at times kind of yank you out the film. A mixed bag but, like I said, better than expected. 6/10

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.