Dark Souls 2

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

FinalAnswer
rPJaJ5ys_G0

Tzeentch._
Dont care

FinalAnswer
-1000 xp

Tzeentch._
nuu

Badabing
Originally posted by FinalAnswer
rPJaJ5ys_G0 I can't wait. thumb up

Nephthys
I'm playing Dark Souls atm and I'm quickly falling in love with it. This'll be a must buy for me!

FinalAnswer
http://tech2.in.com/news/gaming/dark-souls-2-developers-to-increase-focus-on-atmosphere/670102

Moar info, such as returning to dedicated servers, and that it's been confirmed to be set in the same world as Dark Souls.

Tzeentch._
idc

FinalAnswer
The gellar fields on Petronius's ship failed during warp travel, gj.

mechagoomba
I hope they add shield combos in this one

duel wielding shields was just too hard

-Pr-
Dark Souls 2 First Look:

http://ca.ign.com/videos/2013/04/10/dark-souls-2-gameplay-reveal-12-minute-demo

FinalAnswer
Small trailer

Je8ZTEGKC7o

FinalAnswer
EHgUuhOsHoA

Astner
Originally posted by FinalAnswer
EHgUuhOsHoA
Where's the PS4 variant? mad

Astner
I present to you the Collector's Edition!

Game, Black Armor Edition tin casing
Soundtrack
Hardcover Artbook
Cloth Map
12" Warrior Figurine
So awesome, yet so unnecessary!

http://i.imgur.com/EUlpj3Ol.jpg

Other than that there's the Black Armor Edition (tin casing) that you'll get with a pre-order of the regular game, and the regular edition with a plastic casing that will show up on store shelves.

The PC version is running at 60 FPS and the console versions at 30 FPS.

I'm taking a week's vacation when this game comes out.

Nephthys
w7lfNMyo8Lw

fap fap fap

NemeBro
Rated teen?

Nephthys
Aaaaand... down already. Dark Souls! http://fi.somethingawful.com/safs/smilies/0/7/sassargh.001.gif

-dpZ1VB-hYg

If that one is taken down, try searching for "dark souls 2 curse".

BloodRawEngine
Don't know if this was shown anywhere here yet, but promotion ftw.

tWg-ZrYfsHo

Originally posted by Tzeentch
idc

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BeDlaXjCUAAChhb.jpg:large

Astner
wasRUU2-R-Q

Oh yes!

Badabing
Only 3 more weeks! woot

I've been starting new saves with different builds just to get ready. I usually use light armor with dex or quality weapons (katanas, BSS, halberd, claymore or great scythe), plus spells or pyro. But my new saves have been heavy builds with heavy melee weapons (great axe, zweihander, large club, dragon axe), and no magic or pyro. I haven't been using short cuts to get amped weapons either. I'm trying to remember what it was like to struggle through the game so I'm not too horrible for DS 2.

BlackZero30x
Originally posted by Badabing
Only 3 more weeks! woot

I've been starting new saves with different builds just to get ready. I usually use light armor with dex or quality weapons (katanas, BSS, halberd, claymore or great scythe), plus spells or pyro. But my new saves have been heavy builds with heavy melee weapons (great axe, zweihander, large club, dragon axe), and no magic or pyro. I haven't been using short cuts to get amped weapons either. I'm trying to remember what it was like to struggle through the game so I'm not too horrible for DS 2.

lol every new save I make I always get to that first merchant and buy the chain mail, a bow, and arrows then I kill him and take his Katanna!

Badabing
Originally posted by BlackZero30x
lol every new save I make I always get to that first merchant and buy the chain mail, a bow, and arrows then I kill him and take his Katanna! That merchant had it coming. Him and his sarcasm! sneer

Astner
You know that you can buy Uchigatana from Shiva in Blighttown for 5,000 souls each.

The merchant is useful because he's the only way to access Lloyd's Talismans and Repair Powder, the former is very useful in invasions and the latter is essential in the arena.

That said I hope that you guys have at least pre-ordered the Black Armor Edition ($60.00) because you'll have early access to some in-game content.

Badabing
Originally posted by Astner
You know that you can buy Uchigatana from Shiva in Blighttown for 5,000 souls each.

The merchant is useful because he's the only way to access Lloyd's Talismans and Repair Powder, the former is very useful in invasions and the latter is essential in the arena.

That said I hope that you guys have at least pre-ordered the Black Armor Edition ($60.00) because you'll have early access to some in-game content. Yes. I only kill him in my PVE builds which I don't use to invade. My PVP builds are pretty much set.

I have a preorder. thumb up

BlackZero30x

That said I hope that you guys have at least pre-ordered the Black Armor Edition ($60.00) because you'll have early access to some in-game content.

If you join the forest covenant you can buy Katannas there also.

Badabing
Barely a week left! slide

mechagoomba
im ready for duel wielding shields

Astner
Barely a week left! slide
14th of Mars in Sweden. sad

Badabing
Originally posted by mechagoomba
im ready for duel wielding shields I'm glad they looked at the PVP aspect. Originally posted by Astner
14th of Mars in Sweden. sad Would you be able to order from Amazon and get it earlier?

Is it me, or does the play of DS 2 seem more like Demon's Souls than Dark Souls?

FinalAnswer
oXp8Th41rBs

hot shield action

Astner
Would you be able to order from Amazon and get it earlier?
Yeah, but then the shipping would screw me over for at least a week.

Badabing
Yeah, but then the shipping would screw me over for at least a week. What a bunch of crap.

I wonder if I'll play through the night on Tuesday. mmm

Nephthys
Heres hoping that we get a character as ambiguous and intelligent as Kaathe.

http://i.imgur.com/Oygb5q5.gif

Astner
What a bunch of crap.
I'll be working 10 - 12 hours straight Sunday - Thursday before my vacation starts anyway, and that's not counting the 7 days straight I've already worked. So it's not really am issue.

Although I am worried since 14th is a Friday and the post service don't do shit over the weekends.

Badabing
I'm trying to decide if I should pick up DS2 tomorrow at midnight, or just wait until Tuesday morning. mmm

mechagoomba
midnight

its the best time to embrace the madness and pain

Badabing
Cripes, I'm at Gamespot now. I don't know if I'm gonna wait in this line for long. I was gonna play for an hour tonught, but it may be better to go home, sleep and pick DS2 up tomorrow.

Badabing
Heh, I just died for the 1st time. It said: Achievement Unlocked. This is Dark Souls. lol

mechagoomba
what gave you your achievement

the slug giant things gave me mine a memory ill always treasure

Kazenji
I've seen that your maximum health drops/lowers when you die in this one, Regardless of how many souls you've put into it.... You can get things back to normal by using a human effigy.

Badabing
what gave you your achievement

the slug giant things gave me mine a memory ill always treasure I got it down in that valley cave where that creature spews fire at you.

I forgot how taxing the Souls games can be. I freakin' lost about 50k in souls from dying. I can make a new build in DS1 so easily. And have a +15 weapon or +4 chaos weapon before Sen's Fortress. Now I'm a noob scrub all over again. lolOriginally posted by Kazenji
I've seen that your maximum health drops/lowers when you die in this one, Regardless of how many souls you've put into it.... You can get things back to normal by using a human effigy. Yep. I've used 2 effiges so far. Like the game isn't punishing enough w/o the health dropping. erm

mechagoomba
they also removed the grinding areas depopulate now if you kill the enemies like 15 or so times.

so you have to use those bonfire things that make enemies harder to actually grind, I enjoy the levels of hallowfication. (where your character gets more corpse like and starts losing health the more you die)

Badabing
This game is more like Demon's Souls than Dark Souls, imo.

mechagoomba
it is but I dont think thats a bad thing personally

also has anyone been invaded yet it seems people just want to get further in the game before they start invading or maybe ive just been lucky

0mega Spawn
No mans whorff ughgggghggh

mechagoomba
I just got my first old soul

its happening

Kazenji
GNYRH18FniM

Zack Fair
thumb up

Nephthys
That looks like the worst boss ever.

0mega Spawn
Originally posted by Kazenji
GNYRH18FniM
Lol hes the easiest boss anyhow

I do that to all the enemies in that area before you reach dragonslayer

mechagoomba
oh my god the twinblade is amazing

Astner
My vacation just started, I just picked up my pre-order and a new controller (currently charging it) and I'm enjoying a veg burger.

Dangleic calls! See you suckers in a month!

Astner
**** this manatee cyclops ****, he's killed me a million times and it takes like fifty hits just to bring him down to half health, and he two-shots me.

Astner
Damn, ****er had a sliver of HP left. but I found a way to abuse his butt-slam.

Astner
Stone Ring? Hits reducing enemy poise? Yeah, I don't think that will be too useful to the Int-Faith I'm planning.

Nephthys
Astner liveblogs Dark Souls 2.

Astner
Damn. I just found out that after the character creation you could go back out to fight the Cyclops. And I beat the dude with my bare fists....

Estacado
So this is the first time I play Ds I play as Sorcerer.
Any class tips or tricks?
What's the best class?

Badabing
Originally posted by Estacado
So this is the first time I play Ds I play as Sorcerer.
Any class tips or tricks?
What's the best class? DS 1 or DS 2?

Estacado
Ds2.
I suck balls at this stuck at persuader atm.

Kazenji

I suck balls at this

Everyone does at first with these games.

Estacado
Im more into fast paced games like DMC.
I beat most Dmc games on heaven and hell.
I like Ds 2 but it seems more difficult to me then the other even though on heaven and hell you die from 1 hit.
Guess it will take time to get used to.

Badabing
Ds2.
I suck balls at this stuck at persuader atm. You'll either have to summon help or wait until you level up.

It helps that if you first played Demon's Souls and DS 1. But the Souls games are supposed to be difficult. And everybody sucks at first.

Estacado
You'll either have to summon help or wait until you level up.

It helps that if you first played Demon's Souls and DS 1. But the Souls games are supposed to be difficult. And everybody sucks at first.
I managed to beat him.313

BlackZero30x
Im more into fast paced games like DMC.
I beat most Dmc games on heaven and hell.
I like Ds 2 but it seems more difficult to me then the other even though on heaven and hell you die from 1 hit.
Guess it will take time to get used to.

I have also, beat the DMC games on Heaven and Hell mode I mean. It took me awhile to get use to DS1

Estacado
Just beat Dragon Rider he was pretty easy compared to the 2nd boss.
Taking my time with this.

NemeBro
You'll either have to summon help or wait until you level up.

It helps that if you first played Demon's Souls and DS 1. But the Souls games are supposed to be difficult. And everybody sucks at first. People who summon help from other players and grind in these games make me sick.

It has been proven that you can beat Demon's Souls and Dark Souls at Soul Level 1 the entire game.

Is Dark Souls 2 so different?

mechagoomba
why do I have to win 500 battles to hit rank 3 in this covenant

Stoic
Is this game worth getting? What I mean is what would people rate the fun factor of this game?

Estacado
Originally posted by Stoic
Is this game worth getting? What I mean is what would people rate the fun factor of this game?
First it seems strange if you havent played the previous games mostly because of it being slow.
But it is fun I played about 7 hours with it just killed my 4th boss.
Cant wait to get my hands on some of the cooler spells.

For me its a 7-8/10

Stoic
First it seems strange if you havent played the previous games mostly because of it being slow.
But it is fun I played about 7 hours with it just killed my 4th boss.
Cant wait to get my hands on some of the cooler spells.

For me its a 7-8/10

Yep I played Demon Souls, and Dark Souls, I was just hoping that it didn't fall off like so many other titles of the past. I also just went out and got it. They didn't have the collectors edition available though. Hope I'm not missing anything.

Astner
Yep I played Demon Souls, and Dark Souls, I was just hoping that it didn't fall off like so many other titles of the past. I also just went out and got it. They didn't have the collectors edition available though. Hope I'm not missing anything.
Not really. In the pre-order there was a sheet with codes for some weapons and shields that are accessible later in the game, but they're honestly not that good.

Either way, the combat system is completely revamped and while it may come off as "inferior" at first glance it's actually a lot better, especially for PvP.

AkQLN-1cfz4

Stoic
Good lord, this game is so difficult wtf. LOL. What's the best class to take?

Astner
Good lord, this game is so difficult wtf. LOL. What's the best class to take?
Deprived. Also, make sure you pick the Bonfire Ascetic gift and you join the Covenant of Champions (accessible when you first reach Majula).

Seriously though, the Knight is probably the easiest to start with but the best class depends on what build you want to play.

Stoic
Deprived. Also, make sure you pick the Bonfire Ascetic gift and you join the Covenant of Champions (accessible when you first reach Majula).

Seriously though, the Knight is probably the easiest to start with but the best class depends on what build you want to play.

I chose the Knight, but the big hulkish monster beat the mess out of me, blocking is useless because it reduces your stamina to nearly zero with only two hits. I'm starting over, and trying the build with the bow and arrow. This way I can lure the beast back towards the hut and wear him down from a distance. Wish they gave the Knight a bow or something, plus my sword was at risk after about hitting him about 20 times. This game is very entertaining but much harder than the first one.

When I began I got ripped apart by these rat looking creatures, I had no idea that you weren't supposed to attack them ha ha. Got a trophy from it though.

Badabing
I managed to beat him.313 I leveled up and beat him easily. He has a lot of HP but once I got his moveset down it wasn't bad.Originally posted by NemeBro
People who summon help from other players and grind in these games make me sick.

It has been proven that you can beat Demon's Souls and Dark Souls at Soul Level 1 the entire game.

Is Dark Souls 2 so different? DS2, to me, is like a hybrid of DS1 and Demon's Souls. The AI for the NPCs seems to be smarer. I still can't back stab or parry like I can in the first two Souls games. But leveling up consumes a lot less souls than the previous games. Plus you can fast roll with heavy armor, weapons and shields.

Edit: I can't be sure of the tone of your post. But this boss is optional, and OP for early in the game. After you beat him there is a good armor set and weapon. I assumed given the area of the game he was describing that he was still early on playing. So I wasn't telling anyone to grind for souls or use a summons as a crutch.Originally posted by Stoic
Good lord, this game is so difficult wtf. LOL. What's the best class to take? I took the knight and made a tank build.

mechagoomba
are you actually tanky I figured all vit builds might work better in this one with the raw upgrade giving pretty big base bonuses

Tzeentch
its like youve never even played the game

mechagoomba
blax go home

Badabing
are you actually tanky I figured all vit builds might work better in this one with the raw upgrade giving pretty big base bonuses I put a lot of points into adaptability. I took that attribute to 40 since it increases agility. My strength is at 35 and dex at 20. I have vitality and endurance in the 20s. I didn't upgrade intelligence, faith or attunement.

mechagoomba
well there we go dark souls 2 is complete now its time to finish up the pvp build I got planned

Tzeentch
prove it

mechagoomba
add me on xbox live and you can see for yourself

then you can go back to starcraft 2 with your tail between your legs

Astner
Starting Class: Sorcerer

Level: 85
Vigor: 5
Endurance: 6
Vitality: 5
Attunement: 40
Strength: 3
Dexterity: 7
Adaptability: 8
Intelligence: 32 (40)
Faith: 32 (40)
Equipment:
Right Hand: Dark Sunset Staff +5
Left Hand: Chime of Want +5
Head: King's Crown +5
Rings: Clear Bluestone Ring +2, Abyss Seal, Ring of Knowledge, Ring of Prayer
Spells:
Life Drain Patch
Great Resonant Soul
Climax (Skeptic's Spiced down to 40 Faith)
I'm still experimenting with the armor, rings and the last few stat points I'm considering spending. Climax is just for show and I've used it once in PvP. But yeah, this is my glass cannon hexer so far, it was extremely difficult to get him through NG with the low HP, but I just had my friend transfer over the Chime of Want and the Clear Bluestone Ring +2 the moment I entered NG+.

Astner
I consider remaking it with 30 Attunement because I honestly don't need the 7th slot for Life Drain Patch and I don't think the increased casting speed is particularly. And Level 75 looks so much better on paper too.

Or I could ditch the Ring of Prayer, level up Faith to 37 and then go with the Ring that gives you 3 Attunement Slots and have Attunement at 16 and save 9 more levels.

The problem is I don't know how this will affect my casting speed. I should probably make a shit build to experiment with that.

Badabing
Well gang, I had my 1st real PVP from invasions in the 2nd bell tower. Got ganked a few times already. Never finished a gank spank though. The 2nd invader always was either a caster or was hitting me with arrows. :madfist:

Oh, and there are already confirmed modders with infinite HP and possibly infinite endurance.

mechagoomba
on both versions or just one of them?

Badabing
It was on the PS3. So I'm guessing X Box will have them too since it's always been easier to mod DS1 on X Box.

0UxaVw2oytc

Edit: Just checked and there are save editors for both X Box and PS 3. Cripes, they could have at least waited a few months.

Stoic
Wow I almost threw my controller through the flat screen. I'm in Heide's Tower of Flame, now I know that this may be a cakewalk for many of you, but I'm not really on the game for hours on end, so this place is pretty tough. I'm really having problems with the Stone Knights with the two handed bastard swords. They just made me lose 4000 souls. I'm so pissed right now. That took a lot of work to save up.I was just about to level up too. mad

Shit I'm about to go play X-Com Enemy Within. It's way more forgiving LOL.

Astner
Oh, and there are already confirmed modders with infinite HP and possibly infinite endurance.
Not a surprise considering that the PS3 decrypting has been cracked for about a year now. We got hackers on the first game too about that time.

But it really doesn't matter.

mechagoomba
Wow I almost threw my controller through the flat screen. I'm in Heide's Tower of Flame, now I know that this may be a cakewalk for many of you, but I'm not really on the game for hours on end, so this place is pretty tough. I'm really having problems with the Stone Knights with the two handed bastard swords. They just made me lose 4000 souls. I'm so pissed right now. That took a lot of work to save up.I was just about to level up too. mad

did you head straight to heides tower

if so you might want to try exploring other places first or if you really want to stay in that area call in some sunbros

Estacado

Takes an assload of time to progress in this game I played like 17 hours Im at lvl 90 and I only beat like 5 bosses so far.

Badabing

Shit I'm about to go play X-Com Enemy Within. It's way more forgiving LOL. Wait until you get to the Ancient Dragon. That fight wasn't frustrating for me...at all. no expression

Estacado
I took my time lvling up atm Im 103 my build is faith and int mostly gonna go for spells slots now.
Though im not that far into the game just arrived to Iron Keep the last few boss fights were walk in the park.

I use dark orbs ,flame sweathe and lightning spear.

Flame sweathe is pretty op it can 4 shot most bosses so far.

Badabing
I beat the game using my strength/tank build. I'll try some magic next time around. The game seems longer than DS1.

Estacado
What lvl are you at now?
Im 120 just got some of the better spells like great lightning spear it's pretty cool took me 7 hits to kill the lava dragon guy in iron keep.

I have faith and int on 52 atn on 35.

Loving the game despite dying ass load of times.
Gonna kill the other 2 prime souls.
Lost Sinner seems to be annoying hence the lock on difficulty.

mechagoomba
idk if its longer might just seem that way since the worlds bigger

Estacado
Are there any spells that require online?

Estacado
Lulz....and he is only using great resonant soul....
fUUQ-ioDCU0

mechagoomba
think you only get sunlight spear by being a rank 3 sunbro

NemeBro
How are the bosses in Dark Souls 2?

I ask because, after finally getting my lazy ass around to beating Dark Souls 1 (In preparation for 2), I still maintain that the hardest boss in the series (DeS and DaS) is Old King Allant. Even counting DaS's DLC bosses like Artorias, Manus, or Kalameet. With Old King Allant I had to look at the very way I had been playing all game and alter it substantially to succeed, but I never had to do that in Dark Souls.

So how do the bosses in its sequel hold up?

Astner
Originally posted by NemeBro

I ask because, after finally getting my lazy ass around to beating Dark Souls 1 (In preparation for 2), I still maintain that the hardest boss in the series (DeS and DaS) is Old King Allant. Even counting DaS's DLC bosses like Artorias, Manus, or Kalameet. With Old King Allant I had to look at the very way I had been playing all game and alter it substantially to succeed, but I never had to do that in Dark Souls.

So how do the bosses in its sequel hold up?
The Ruin Sentinels can suck my balls. Three construct-looking f*ckers each with the power to f*ck you through your shield and two-shot you.

The battle in a nutshell: The first f*cks you in the a**, the second throat-f*cks you, and the last one cuts open a third orifice to f*ck you through.

Badabing

So how do the bosses in its sequel hold up? Just like any other Souls game, once you get their moves down it's not too bad. Astner already mentioned the Ruin Sentinels. They are a tough boss fight for early in the game. The Ancient Dragon is tough too. This boss 1 shots you with any attack, even if it brushes against you. And it has an aerial flame attack with a very large damage zone.

Astner
Just like any other Souls game, once you get their moves down it's not too bad. Astner already mentioned the Ruin Sentinels. They are a tough boss fight for early in the game. The Ancient Dragon is tough too. This boss 1 shots you with any attack, even if it brushes against you. And it has an aerial flame attack with a very large damage zone.
The Ancient Dragon is very easy once you learn to abuse his AI. The Sentinels on the other hand will smear your brains all other the walls unless you decide to summon.

Estacado
I beat them early on without summon by using lightning spear just use drangelic shield to block their attacks take out the 1st while being on the 1 st floor he always uses a smash attack which can be avoided by simply backing then it does a swing which can be blocked or dodged.
Once he is out the other 2 are easier to beat.

Badabing
The Ancient Dragon is very easy once you learn to abuse his AI. The Sentinels on the other hand will smear your brains all other the walls unless you decide to summon. Originally posted by Estacado
I beat them early on without summon by using lightning spear just use drangelic shield to block their attacks take out the 1st while being on the 1 st floor he always uses a smash attack which can be avoided by simply backing then it does a swing which can be blocked or dodged.
Once he is out the other 2 are easier to beat. I used a pure melee tank build. The Ancient Dragon was a butthole the 1st few times. He would land and if I was near the dust that kicked up I died. durhulk

Try a meduim build now with magic. durwizard I'll try a faith build next.

Estacado
Try hex with sunset staff+5 infused with darknight stone abyssal seal.Have int on around 50 and faith around 40
It's the most op class ever.
I watched a guy with this build kick the ass of every boss under 2 minutes.
He used unleash magic spell and dark hail killed giant lord under 30 seconds killed guardian dragon in 3 dark hail blast.

Im using lvl 150 hex with +4 sunset staff abyssal seal dark infuse on staff.
Still affinity kills most bosses in 6-7 uses the spell is op.
You just switch it on and block it summons 5 dark spheres that auto target and are homing.If they get close to you they lock on and launch it's good cause even shielded enemies cant really block it since they begin to attack you and leave them selves open you just block their attacks while Affinity does the job.

Astner
Your Dark stat is scales of your lowest stat out of either Faith or Int. So unless you're a big fan of Affinity it's better to even it out.

Estacado
Your Dark stat is scales of your lowest stat out of either Faith or Int. So unless you're a big fan of Affinity it's better to even it out.
Those are not my stats.....its the guys from the video....here
http://i1.minus.com/iqfAl83tDdzAJ.png

Mine are 60 for int and 45 for faith with +4 sunset need 1 more twinkle for +5 I use both +5 int and faith rings though...gonna go for clear blue stone +2 for faster casting....I put on Affinity then spam great lightning spear.....if the boss gets up close he is phucked...

With those stats he steam rolls every boss under 2 minutes by only using dark orb kills vendrick in 30 seconds....with unleash magic and dark hail.....

juDr0cHHJu0

Badabing
Try hex with sunset staff+5 infused with darknight stone abyssal seal.Have int on around 50 and faith around 40
It's the most op class ever.
I watched a guy with this build kick the ass of every boss under 2 minutes.
He used unleash magic spell and dark hail killed giant lord under 30 seconds killed guardian dragon in 3 dark hail blast.

Im using lvl 150 hex with +4 sunset staff abyssal seal dark infuse on staff.
Still affinity kills most bosses in 6-7 uses the spell is op.
You just switch it on and block it summons 5 dark spheres that auto target and are homing.If they get close to you they lock on and launch it's good cause even shielded enemies cant really block it since they begin to attack you and leave them selves open you just block their attacks while Affinity does the job. Where do I get that staff? What is darknight stone abyssal?

Estacado
Where do I get that staff? What is darknight stone abyssal?
Have faith or int on 20 you get it from the huntsman copse merchant the one who is in the tunnel sittinng in the chair.He gives you the staff.
http://darksouls2.wiki.fextralife.com/Sunset+Staff#.UzfYsvl_tLY

You need darknight stone to infuse the staff with it adding extra damage.You can do it at Mcduff's in lost bastille.

Join Pilgrims of dark.I spell it wrong its Abyss Seal a ring that boost hex attacks.
http://darksouls2.wiki.fextralife.com/Pilgrims+of+Dark

mechagoomba
dont really want to spoil anything but those of you who have beaten the game did you fight the main bonus boss

Tzeentch
yeah he was pretty weak

Badabing
Have faith or int on 20 you get it from the huntsman copse merchant the one who is in the tunnel sittinng in the chair.He gives you the staff.
http://darksouls2.wiki.fextralife.com/Sunset+Staff#.UzfYsvl_tLY

You need darknight stone to infuse the staff with it adding extra damage.You can do it at Mcduff's in lost bastille.

Join Pilgrims of dark.I spell it wrong its Abyss Seal a ring that boost hex attacks.
http://darksouls2.wiki.fextralife.com/Pilgrims+of+Dark Thanks. thumb upOriginally posted by mechagoomba
dont really want to spoil anything but those of you who have beaten the game did you fight the main bonus boss I got him. Just like with most of the bosses in DS2, all you have to do is dodge a few times, circle and attack.

mechagoomba
he actually is pretty easy but I think just seeing that dude was my favorite part of the game

it just really shows how dark and hopeless everything really is

Badabing
Played through the game on the 360 a few times now using a pure melee build and then a magic/pyro build. The magic/pyro play through was a lot easier. I wish I did the melee play through second. Something feels off in the game. At times it feels disconnected whether in PVE or PVP.

There seems to be a lag at times between input and action. Even when calling up the menu. I also rarely get feedback through the controller. It's spotty whether I'll feel a weapon hit my shield or strike my character. I've actually died a few times because I was unaware that damage was being taken.

In PVP, if you're a pure melee build then you better hope nobody is using spells, pyro or miracles. I've been 1 and 2 shot by several people using spells, pyro or miracles. I've also done the same to invaders with my spell/pyro build. FromSoft needs to nerf the spells. There's no way I should 1 or 2 shot people with homing crystal soul mass, wrath of the gods, crystal soul spear, chaos firestorm, etc. And I haven't even tried the dark magic yet in PVP.

When I have PVP'd other melee builds, it seems whoever swings first gets the win due to the 3 hit stun lock. Then there's the guard break. How did FromSoft think it was a good idea to make parry and back stab harder, but add something as easy as the guard break move? FromSoft needs to patch the guard break. Make it so a player needs to be very low on endurance/stamina before somebody can guard break you. I've stun locked other players, then when they turtled up I used the guard break for the easy win. My longest PVP duel lasted maybe 1 minute. Either I pwnd a player or they pwnd me.

Overall I enjoyed the game. Not as much as Dark Souls but more than Demon's Souls. I do like having more slots for weapons, shields, rings, etc. And it's awesome being able to warp between bonfires at the beginning of the game. The game itself seems smoother than Dark Souls.

I would rather be able to level up without talking to the Emerald Lady every time. That got old fast. And what's with the low durability of weapons? They should have at least doubled the durability and let us pay souls for repair at a smith, or just buy a smith box.

I'm glad I bought the game when it first came out. I've enjoyed playing the game and learning more. I do hope FromSoft can patch the lag with input and action. Patch the guard break so a player has to be low on endurance/stamina. Patch the disconnect in PVE/PVP so the controller rumbles when I land a hit or I get hit. And nerf the spells. If they fix all that I think Souls fans will have the game they waited for the past year.

Branlor Swift
I beat the game first on my sorc build that eventually used hexes. That soul geyser let me tell you. I got nearly everything and then killed all the npcs. That was a bad idea for NG plus since I get invaded constantly. I also farmed a bit before I restarted so the Lost Sinner was at NG++ when I fought her, and those pyromancers suck.

I also started a sl1 run, and gave up like a week ago at the Ruin Sentinels. But last night I came back and did some other areas and now I just beat the Rotten in 5 tries to get my 4th boss soul. And then got shredded by those giants in the basement. I might beat it actually, but I was pretty sure I wouldn't. Vendrick is going to suck though considering I am def getting at 5 souls on this toon instead of eating one, but the Ancient Dragon one shots me anyway so shouldn't be too bad.

Anyway, I've been really interested about the lore the most. Trying to connect the dots and so forth. I'm curious if they're going to release sons DLC to help farther connect the lore. Actually that's the most interesting part of the story for me. Which is kind of sad, but it's still a good game

Estacado
Gonna finish this game tomorrow still have 1 giant soul to collect and the ancient dragon soul.
Have to kill Vendrick the Ancient Dragon ,Nashandra and the Tower Guards.
Then gonna start ng+

By near end Hexer is still a damn powerful class glad I chose it.

BloodRawEngine
Am I the only one who thinks that people exaggerating about the graphical setbacks for release are kind of outta their ****ing minds? While I admit that none of the floral areas I've come across look quite as nice as say, the Darkroot Garden, I do think that the architectural areas in this game blow the previous two games' out of the water.

Nemesis X
Makes you wonder why they buy games at all if not for the gameplay value and just go to an art exhibit with their grandparents instead.

Estacado
Is the smelter demon sword any good?

Branlor Swift
I just got to the Dragon Aerie now on my SL1 character.

And the Crypt is absolute horseshit. I thought the Shrine was bad, but the Crypt completely ruined me repeatedly. I had to keep going until all of those guardians stopped spawning. Velstadt sucks too for that matter, but the before his fight was just terrible. I should have just summoned someone. My pride wasn't worth the sorrow I was given.

NemeBro
So how viable will a dual-wielding fist weapon build be in this game?

Estacado
Finally beat the game yesterday.
Damn soul geyser is op it kills every boss in max 4-5 hits with staff of wisdom +5.

Badabing
So how viable will a dual-wielding fist weapon build be in this game? If you're good at evading/rolling, it works well. I used a fast weapon that can thrust in my left hand. You can get in 3 quick shots and drop most enemies, aside from bosses.Originally posted by Estacado
Finally beat the game yesterday.
Damn soul geyser is op it kills every boss in max 4-5 hits with staff of wisdom +5. I'm messing around with magic now. A lot os the spell and hexes ar OP.

Estacado
If you're good at evading/rolling, it works well. I used a fast weapon that can thrust in my left hand. You can get in 3 quick shots and drop most enemies, aside from bosses. I'm messing around with magic now. A lot os the spell and hexes ar OP.
Get soul geyser it's in the basement in Aldia's keep in the acid cell.
You can farm it by using an ascetic at the hidden bonfire on the left middle of the stairs press A on the left side.
Use a hexer hood to make the spell from 1 use to 2.

I killed Vendrick with 5-6 shots ancient dragon in 7-8 shots and I wasn't even using the best magic catalist.
Which is staff of wisdom +5 with magic infuse.
With that it does 3000+ the staff I used did only 1700+ damage.

You need to have 64 int to use it but you can lower that at the Iron Keep merchant with special stones forgot their name.

Astner
You need to have 64 int to use it but you can lower that at the Iron Keep merchant with special stones forgot their name.
Simpleton's Spice, and you can lower it to 56.

Estacado
For N+ I switched to Cleric with 75 lightning 36 great lightning and 4 soul geyser it's pretty beast too bad that I play offline and cant get my hands on sunlight spear.
Though I read in n++ its a rare drop.

With Dragon chime+5 and sun covenant ring the base damage for lightning is 900 while great lightning does 1200+damage.

I might go as far to say this is better then my hex build.

Stoic
This game is so fricken hard, I can only take so much before I turn it off LOL. Very fun and at times scary. I feel like they should have called it Resident Evil: Medieval Times or something like that.

Thank Heavens for ranged combat. I'm in Dead Man's Wharf at the moment, and I tend to take my time. I farm the hell out of every area until nothing spawns, and then move on to conquer the next area. It puts my mind at ease, knowing that I can run through any area that I've been in without running into a Hollow. These Spider Monkey's scared the crap out of me the first time I saw them ha ha. Great game.

Estacado
It will get much easier if you play as a hexer/cleric/sorcerer.
After getting the better spells you will be op.
Im on my 3rd playthrough with a mixed Sorcerer/cleric/hexer it takes me about 6 hours to beat the whole game maybe less.
Currently farming sunlight medals in harvest valley want to get the achievement for all miracles.

Stoic
Hexer/Cleric/Sorcerer? Wow I'm going about this the wrong way? I have this tank thing going on (thanks to this lizard named Bada), and now I'm at risk of burning out my torch. However I picked up another one, but my timer didn't go up on how long it will stay lit. I only have about 29 minutes to use it. I feel like Spawn from the comics LOL. I write this letter in the hopes that someone finds it. Soon I will have no light, and these damned Spider Moneys, are going to run a train on me LOL whoo hoo! I can only hope that I will find another torch before I turn this game off LOL. Which is pretty much the way I feel at this moment ha ha.

Estacado
There is a pharros lock stone plate on the right after going up the first pair of steps use it to light up the whole place which will make the spider monkeys hide.
Also phuck the tank build Sorcerer will be easier to play later on bosses can be pain in the ass if you try to meele them out.
Try to google out a good cleric/hexer build.
As soon as you get to Aldia get the Soul Geyser.
That's the boss wrecker spell.

No Man's Wharf is pretty early on the game.
I highly recommend a guide Dark Souls 2 wiki has a pretty neat game progress.route.

Around Sl 120 you'll be a boss with right gear and spells wrecking everything in your way.
Im Sl 237 my character is pretty op I can rape any boss under 2 minutes in n++ but hey I like being awesome...haermm

Stoic
Thanks Estacado, I just made a completely new character to get a feel for the Sorcerer class. Not bad. I'm saving loads of souls because I don't have to buy massive amounts of useless wooden arrows. But wait LOL, did you say that I should play as a Cleric? Make up your mind brother. Kidding, I guess I need to invest in Faith. or should I jut make a Cleric so that I can hold a shield and invest in Intellect? the Sorcerer seems so weak in terms of taking hits, which is which I didn't choose it from the door, and also because of Bada. Hmmm... how will I turn my main into what you're suggesting? Does someone sell the weapons I'll need to use in order to use my spells?

Yeah I'll check out that Wiki.

Estacado
Sorcerer's do take more damage but in n++ it doesnt really matter since you can die easily even with a tank build .
I say choose a cleric or a hexer first most of the sorceries suck damage wise except soul geyser and the great soul sword.
Get strenght to 16 so you can use the drangelic shield which blocks 90% of the attacks without taking damage asing it to lb button.

By the end you should have int and faith on around 50

Best spells are:lightning spear ,flame sweathe this one is pyromancy but it does ass load of damage,great lightning spear,sunlight spear,dark orb,great resonant soul,resonant soul,

Get hexer hood it adds 1 int and 1 faith + 1 spell use.

Some rings you need:southern ritual band it adds a + spell slot,abyss seal + 20% hex damage,forgot the last 2 name but 1 shortens spell casting the other helps stamina regen.

Check the rings section on Dark Souls 2 wiki

Best staff and chime for hexermessedunset stuff and chime of want for Cleric ts the Dragon Chime also get staff of wisdom for best sorcerer staff

The locations can be found on Ds 2 wiki.

Get the dull ember from Iron Keep so you can infuse weapon with magic ,dark ,lightning etc....it will take time do a powerful build but it's worth it you will definetly feel like a beast by Sl 120

Main things get str to 16 for the drangelic shield that's like the only shield you need get faith and int to 50 you can lower spell level requirement in iron keep with simpleton spice.
Add to attument because of spell slot 50 max is enough.

Kazenji
eLKSniDUpy8

Badabing
I just can't get into this game as I did the original Dark Souls. sad

Estacado
Just got 1000 gs had to do it offline though so it took me a couple of hours to farm the Sunlight medals for Sunlight Spear and to reach lvl 3 in Bell Keeper Covenant.

I played 113 hours with it so far Im Sl 241.
Using the Throne Defender armor ,gauntlets and leggings it looks badass!
For me this is the type of game I could easily put another 100 hours into it hoping for dlc.

Stoic
I just can't get into this game as I did the original Dark Souls. sad

Any reason? I was feeling the same way at first, but now I just concentrate on killing everything until it no longer spawns LOL. The PVP made me steer away from online play, because I just farm the hell out of every square inch of the game. I'm pretty much working on a Tank/Mage build with a few Cleric highlights. If I make a mistake with the build I saved one of those (forgot the name) things to start all over if I didn't like the build that i was going for.

I tried the glass canon (all magic build), and it just didn't work well for me. I was also wondering how good a huge dex build would work out, but I'll have to make a new toon for that. So far, the game isn't as good as the two soul games before it (graphics perhaps?) but it's decent.

NemeBro
My Dark Souls 2 character:

http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/794067339835852410/BB8CF89663CE51D16261E6D47B472DE7BB4BBE45/

You may have noticed how obscenely manly he is.

Tzeentch
what a fat ass

NemeBro
sad

Nephthys
Hey, that character has been passed down the Nemebro line for generations!

NemeBro
Anyone else here a manly man that's part of the Company of Champions?

Stoic
I have to fight the Belfry Gargoyles now. Not sure if I'll be able to beat them from what I saw on Youtube. I'm also not too sure that I want to go online to fish for help or not.

NemeBro
The Ruin Sentinels are ****ing cockmasters.

Truly the life of a Champion is an arduous one.

I also get the distinct impression that this game would be a lot easier with a shield.

The Renegade
I have to fight the Belfry Gargoyles now. Not sure if I'll be able to beat them from what I saw on Youtube. I'm also not too sure that I want to go online to fish for help or not.

That fight is a motherf*cker. Velstadt, the Lost Sinner, the Ruin Sentinels, the Pursuer, and anything that moves too quickly is a pain in the dick.

With the gargoyles, it's a numbers issue. There's quite a few and they can be difficult to separate.

NemeBro
Anyone wanting an organic play-through without the use of anyone else's strategy shouldn't read.

The Ruin Sentinels actually turned out to be a breeze when I used a gold pine resin on my caestus. I killed the shit out of the first one, waited for the second to jump onto the balcony, then I killed the shit out of it, then waited for the third one, and killed the shit out of it.

The Pursuer is a boss that at first glance seems really strong but has a glaring weakness. Namely, that a few of its attacks can be parried, which I discovered. Whether you use the ballista or not, discovering that its charge attack (By far its most common move) can be parried makes the fight a breeze.

The Renegade
Anyone wanting an organic play-through without the use of anyone else's strategy shouldn't read.

The Ruin Sentinels actually turned out to be a breeze when I used a gold pine resin on my caestus. I killed the shit out of the first one, waited for the second to jump onto the balcony, then I killed the shit out of it, then waited for the third one, and killed the shit out of it.

The Pursuer is a boss that at first glance seems really strong but has a glaring weakness. Namely, that a few of its attacks can be parried, which I discovered. Whether you use the ballista or not, discovering that its charge attack (By far its most common move) can be parried makes the fight a breeze.

I usually fight them all at once. I haven't played NG+ or Ascetic'd the area yet so I never got the chance to use such a tactic. It worked out decently anyway. I ended up f*cking them.

As a caster, the Pursuer can be horrendously difficult simply because he closes the gap so quickly. Parrying him is useful, though. I've heard it opens up time to run to a ballista or whack at him a bunch.

I've heard fighting the Pursuer with phantoms is just massively easy. Although, I imagine most of the boss fights in the game become cakewalks with assistance.

NemeBro
Originally posted by The Renegade
I usually fight them all at once. I haven't played NG+ or Ascetic'd the area yet so I never got the chance to use such a tactic. It worked out decently anyway. I ended up f*cking them.

As a caster, the Pursuer can be horrendously difficult simply because he closes the gap so quickly. Parrying him is useful, though. I've heard it opens up time to run to a ballista or whack at him a bunch.

I've heard fighting the Pursuer with phantoms is just massively easy. Although, I imagine most of the boss fights in the game become cakewalks with assistance.

I'm dual-wielding Caestus' without a shirt and am a Champion, so fighting more than one at once is basically suicide for me.

Yeah he's really fast and strong, and initially gave me trouble simply because I did so little damage to him, but when I discovered he could be parried, everything turned out all right.

Just fought the Belfry Gargoyles. Ironically, the fight is actually much easier if all six of the gargoyles are there, since they get in each other's way and allow you to pick at them. The fight isn't hard. Just long.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>