Peter Jackson to Film 95 Hour Adaptation of Silmarillion

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Dolos
Link

This will be BEAST.

siriuswriter
Also completely crazy...

Dolos
Originally posted by siriuswriter
Also completely crazy...

Well...yes of course. But is it a bad crazy?

Compare the Lord of the Rings to the Hobbit when it comes out.

I guarantee that darkness and large scale warfare of the Lord of the Rings added an epic tune that the Hobbit won't necessarily have. Like the books, the Lord of the Rings is more epic, the Hobbit is more fantastic, if that makes any sense. Think of it as being more suited for Disney.

The entire Simmerillion has the LOTR epicness x100 because it is the entire creation and evolution of Arda. The coming and reckoning of three ages, as opposed to the coming of the age of Men and the reckoning of the age of Elves.

dadudemon
Originally posted by Dolos
...coming...coming...

teehee

Dolos
Originally posted by dadudemon
teehee All over your mom.no expression

-Pr-
This could be epic, if it actually happens...

marwash22
Peter's not gonna stop sucking Tolkien's dick until it's bone dry.

Robtard
Originally posted by marwash22
Peter's not gonna stop sucking Tolkien's dick until it's bone dry.

God bless him for it; I hope he gets every last drop. Cos so far, he's 3 out of 3 pure wins.

NemeBro
Originally posted by Robtard
God bless him for it; I hope he gets every last drop. Cos so far, he's 3 out of 3 pure wins.

thumb up

Dolos
Originally posted by Robtard

Hey sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do to become a BILLIONAIRE MOVIE DIRECTOR... roll eyes (sarcastic)

FinalAnswer
http://www.radionz.co.nz/news/national/121884/nz-must-keep-up-with-overseas-incentives-jackson

Robtard
Hey sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do to become a BILLIONAIRE MOVIE DIRECTOR... roll eyes (sarcastic)

Your satirical article/post of a Silmarillion film series aside, what is wrong with Jackson making himself rich, especially off something people obviously want to pay for?

marwash22
he

you just called him a whore.

Dolos
Originally posted by FinalAnswer
http://www.radionz.co.nz/news/national/121884/nz-must-keep-up-with-overseas-incentives-jackson

:0

Those bastards!! Nothing will come in the way of my 25 Simmerillion Films!!! 800,000,000 dollars for 95 hours of Peter Jackson's Tolkien epicness!!!!

Think of all the RTS games they could make from this film, wayyy bigger and better than Battle for Middle Earth II.

I will not accept this New Zealand, I don't give a flying **** about whatever movies you want to make! You better ****ing give Peter Jackson three decades in that beautiful paradise of a land to make his Silmerillion films, or else! **** you.

Sorry.

Dolos
On top of New Zealand...

Tolkien's family, the ones who wrote the Silmarillion and own it's rights, REFUSE to give Pete the rights because they're senile old FRICKS.

On top of that, Peter said he didn't want to film until he's 100 years old, why not? I would!!!

Link

Kazenji

I will not accept this New Zealand, I don't give a flying **** about whatever movies you want to make! You better ****ing give Peter Jackson three decades in that beautiful paradise of a land to make his Silmerillion films, or else! **** you.

Sounds like what the Australian Film Industry is like.

Dolos
Originally posted by Kazenji
Sounds like what the Australian Film Industry is like.

That was my impersonation of Mickey Mouse from South Park.

Huha.

Kazenji
Ah

back when that other Justice League movie was in the works, The Australian Film Industry didn't want to support because it wasn't Australian or some shit.

siriuswriter
I suppose if it were a mini-series, it could work. Like, hour and a half to two hour segments... but I haven't read the book, just know about it, so I don't know if it could be broken down like that. Or if each "episode" could be about "one thing," like one part could be about wizards and all the things J R R Tolkien imagined about them... their origins, their training... etc.

Dolos
Originally posted by siriuswriter
I suppose if it were a mini-series, it could work. Like, hour and a half to two hour segments... but I haven't read the book, just know about it, so I don't know if it could be broken down like that. Or if each "episode" could be about "one thing," like one part could be about wizards and all the things J R R Tolkien imagined about them... their origins, their training... etc.

There were only five of them. Eru or Manwe or some other being of the Valor or Ainor created them to combat the growing threat of Sauron, the servant of Morgoth after Morgoth was sent into the void of Ea - erased from Arda never to return until Tolkien's equivalent of Ragnorak.

Anyway it was Saruman the White, Gandalf the Grey, a Brown Wizard, and two Blue Wizards, hierarchy in that order.

-kV-
The War of Wrath itself would cost several hundred millions and be dozens of hours long.

Of course, if it did happen, Earendil on Vingilot vs. Ancalagon might be the most epic spectacle in the entire universe.

Dolos
Originally posted by -kV-
The War of Wrath itself would cost several hundred millions and be dozens of hours long.

Of course, if it did happen, Earendil on Vingilot vs. Ancalagon might be the most epic spectacle in the entire universe.

True, but I would be more impressed by Faingolfin Vs Morgoth.

Fingolfin is the greatest melee combatant in the Tolkien verse, better than Earendil and his son Turin Turambar IMO...if only because he's an Elf, and Turin is only part-elf.

FinalAnswer
Turin wasn't Earendil's son, he was the cousin of Earendil's father. Turin had no elven blood.

But yes, Fingolfin vs Morgoth pl0x.

Ascendancy
Since we're going crazy in scale, why not have a middle ground and have him do The Wheel of Time? That would be a pretty ridiculous undertaking as well considering the scale of some of the battles, the effects that would be needed, and the sheer number of characters described within.

I certainly wouldn't mind seeing that one on the big screen or more likely adapted into a long-ass miniseries.

Dolos
Originally posted by Ascendancy
Since we're going crazy in scale, why not have a middle ground and have him do The Wheel of Time? That would be a pretty ridiculous undertaking as well considering the scale of some of the battles, the effects that would be needed, and the sheer number of characters described within.

I certainly wouldn't mind seeing that one on the big screen or more likely adapted into a long-ass miniseries.

Because some talentless hack beat him to it.

Ascendancy
Dear sweet baby Jesus, don't let them screw this up. Sad pandas everywhere would be very sad.

-kV-

The first five or six books of WoT were great, but then the plot came to a grinding halt. The entire series could have been finished in 8 books. WoT would probably be better off as a TV show like GoT, but I think if a lot of plot-cutting was done, it could be done in 4 or 5 movies.

On the same subject, I really hope GRRM (maybe now that Game of Thrones is on his heels) doesn't follow Jordan, and drag out the Song of Ice and Fire series. A lot of things need to come together in Winds of Winter, that's for sure.

Ascendancy
The first five or six books of WoT were great, but then the plot came to a grinding halt. The entire series could have been finished in 8 books. WoT would probably be better off as a TV show like GoT, but I think if a lot of plot-cutting was done, it could be done in 4 or 5 movies.

On the same subject, I really hope GRRM (maybe now that Game of Thrones is on his heels) doesn't follow Jordan, and drag out the Song of Ice and Fire series. A lot of things need to come together in Winds of Winter, that's for sure.

Have you read The Gathering Storm or Towers of Midnight? They were both as amazing as the first books in the series. I'm looking forward to A Memory of Light in a big way.

And hey, if they can make that catastrophe of a series Sword of Truth into a show they can bless us with an adaptation of The Wheel.

Flyattractor
Link
Oh. So it will be a shorter movie then the hobbit ones. That will be nice... rolling on floor laughing

-kV-
Have you read The Gathering Storm or Towers of Midnight? They were both as amazing as the first books in the series. I'm looking forward to A Memory of Light in a big way.

And hey, if they can make that catastrophe of a series Sword of Truth into a show they can bless us with an adaptation of The Wheel.

Yeah, but isn't that because Jordan died and Sanderson took over? Everyone has said the pace of the story became noticeably quicker in Gathering Storm and Towers of Midnight and that loose ends were being tied up.

Dolos
Originally posted by Flyattractor
Oh. So it will be a shorter movie then the hobbit ones. That will be nice... rolling on floor laughing

The Lord of the Rings TRILOGY was 12 hours after bonus footage. Imagine 95 hours. That's one day for each film, and a several month ordeal of total paradise immersion off and on viewed from your 3D Bluray Ipad.

Ascendancy
Yeah, but isn't that because Jordan died and Sanderson took over? Everyone has said the pace of the story became noticeably quicker in Gathering Storm and Towers of Midnight and that loose ends were being tied up.

Well, Sanderson did it all directly from Jordan's notes and from what I understand didn't deviate much. For whatever reason Jordan really held to the "calm before the storm" mentality for a while there I guess. If it is all Sanderson stepping it up to that level then props to him because for a world with 10,000+ men armies dotting the countryside everywhere the pace was on a pretty slow roll.

roughrider
Link

This will be BEAST.

I think the whole article is a put-on. Satirizing how Jackson has succumbed to the three-hour-itis filmmaking disease (where a filmmaker can't make a film anyone for under three hours.)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.