Palpatine is a Clawdite.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Evil Windu
Heres a theory that my friend emailed to me, Him and I kinda came up with the concept that Palpatine is a Clawdite (Shapeshifter,Like Zam.)
Yet again I know this isnt Spoiler Related but its somthing to think about..
---------------

Palpatine is a Clawdite !

The more I think about it, the more I believe it. Let me explain my logic in coming to this conclusion. If I may throw in one last question, why did GL introduce us to shapeshifters in AOTC?

Now I have read hundreds of threads on these and other boards and heard some excellent theories answering one or more of these questions. But 9 times out of 10, the theory causes discrepencies with a number of the other questions posed here.

To my knowledge, the thought that Palpatine is Sifo-Dyas, a Clawdite, is the only theory that successfully answers all of these questions without any major inconsistencies:

Q) Who taught Palpatine?
A) The Jedi.

Q) Who ordered the clones?
A) Sifo-Dyas.

Q) Who is this alleged new bad guy?
A) Sifo-Dyas. We've never *really* seen him.

Q) Who is Sifo-Dyas?
A) Palpatine/Sidious.

Q) Why wasn't Palpatine recruited as a Jedi?
A) He was. But the Jedi knew him as Sifo-Dyas. His skills in the Dark Side cloud the Jedi's vision when he assumes the role of Palpatine the politician or Sidious the Sith. His ability to change his shape hides his physical appearance.

Q) Is there another Jedi traitor?
A) Yes, Sifo-Dyas. He erased the files himself after he ordered the clones himself, just before faking his own death to concentrate on his political alter-ego.

Q) How did the Sith return?
A) They were, in fact killed 1,000 years prior to TPM. Their teachings were locked away in the Jedi archives. Sifo-Dyas was a quick study.

Q) Is Palpatine Darth Sidious?
A) I won't even acknowledge that with a response!

Q) Why did GL introduce us to shapeshifters in AOTC?
A) To make this revelation more acceptable to fans.

Your opinions on this..

Ushgarak
Well, a couple of quick points. First of all, GL put a shapeshifter in AOTC just for the style of it. Second, GL has made pretty direct reference to the Master/Apprentice cycle of the Sith being unbroken all the way to the Prequel films, so that Archive reference is no good.

Other than that, I cannot believe for one moment that the same person would find the time to both be a Jedi Master and a Senator without arousing suspicion. Unless this 'shapeshifter' is not the same person as Palpatine, in which case why does he assume his form?

The theory is, in any case, massive and unnecessary over-complication. The simplest, and therefore most likely, explanation of Palpatine/Sidious' origins is that he is from Naboo... and that is pretty much that.

Interesting idea though.

Julie
yes interesting idea...but I disagree with it....nice speculation.....but just that

GordonSkywalker
But that's the fun of speculation. Coming up with outrageous ideas and things. Got to give the man credit for presenting his thoughts here. I think his theories do have merit.

Julie
merit yes....probablility no:-)
props for creativity though

Ushgarak
Personally I prefer speculation to be rather more down-to-Earth, as it were.

enyafreak
well i think you should all come up with theories. seen as you all seem to dismiss everybody elses as soon as they are presented. if your all such experts lets hear your thoughts

Julie
I have presented my thoughts and speculations.....in fact I did open a EpIII speculation thread...mostly I deal with what will be or not be seen.....

GordonSkywalker
Yeah I've been to her discussion. Very original. I still like that Clawdite theory, Evil Windu!

Evil Windu
Well Thx all for liking my Theorys even though there somewhat bogus.. But who knows I might be correct.. We will see when EP III comes out

Ushgarak
Enyafreak, people have been years presenting theories around here, and if you had done the courtesy of checking them out you would not have made that rather hasty comment.

GordonSkywalker
I don't think we should debunk ideas and theories just because they seem different and outrageous to us. Both Evil Windu and enyafreak have valid points. Let us not stifle the creative juices that stirs our imaginations. Only when 3 comes out will we know for a fact what paths Lucas plans to take on this.

Member.
hm.. i can tell this evil windu is smartbig grin really smart. good theory windubig grin, could be true, and yet we will have to wait till the movie comes out eh? then we would all be happybig grin#who likes short shorts#Happy DanceHappy Dance#i like short shorts#Happy DanceHappy Dancejk.stick out tongue

Evil Windu
*bows* Thank You *bows*

Ushgarak
Err, NO, enyafreak does not have a valid point at ALL. She has accused us of not submitting our own ideas. This is simply untrue. And her idea in any case that we are not allowed to criticise unless we come up with something ourselves is absurd and very much NOT an idea I want to take hold around here. People must feel free to criticise whatever they like- once a theory is presented on an open board it becomes a fair target for any criticism anyone has to offer whether they have their own ideas or not.

And call a spade a spade- call wild speculation wild speculation. You cannot use the fact that episode III is not out yet to bring any kind of level playing field between wild and considered speculation. Evil Windu's presented theories about the Jedi's downfall and so forth are very down to Earth indeed. This one is not and I have every right to criticise it based on that.

Member.
hm...whistle

GordonSkywalker
Great. Now that you have presented your thoughts, I feel totally free to criticise them. What a great concept. We get to openly criticise and disagree with whoever and whatever we want to. Thanks for explaining that man.

enyafreak
Excuse me i was merely saying that you all seem to be very aggressive in your critisism of people. as if you are growling at them for DARING to suggest something. just dont take ideas so seriously

GordonSkywalker
Hey, enyafreak, I'm on your side!

enyafreak
thank you gordan skywalker. i just dont think that you should take these things so seriously. we can all speculate just dont grill people for doing so

GordonSkywalker
Uh...I wasn't grilling anyone, enyafreak. I was being a little sarcastic with our local moderator. It's something we like to do back and forth with each other. I for one am all for new ideas and thoughts.

enyafreak
didnt mean you personally, u seem like a nice bloke. lol its everyone else. giggle. i like your style wink wink

GordonSkywalker
Oh I see. Do you agree with the Clawdite theory Evil Windu posted about?

enyafreak
i dont but i admire his creativness. his idea was great although i dont think it will happen. it just annoys me when everyone grills someone for there creativness

GordonSkywalker
Yeah it bothers me too when that happens. Not everyone thinks the same, so naturally we're going to think up things others don't get.

Member.
yes, evilwindu is brilliantbig grin

GordonSkywalker
Most definitely! Keep it up man!

Ushgarak
Gordon, the point I was making is that it is not acceptable to criticise someone for BEING critical. Enyafreak was not criticising my point of view, simply that I had taken a critical viewpoint and that is not right.

And I have no idea why you think my criticism was aggressive, enyafreak. But what certainly was aggressive, unjustifed and, basically, untrue (as myself and Julie HAD presented opinions) is what you said and it will be appreciated if you do not make such comments in future.

I do not grill people for creativity- considering I run the RP section that would be an odd thing to do seeing as it is nothing BUT creativity. I dislike wild speculation. That is all. But that I dislike such speculation made no difference to the arguments I raised against it which would have been the same, wild idea or otherwise.

Now, Evil Windu presented his theory for analysis. Some of us have said our piece. If you do not like what we said then make a counter-argument but do NOT criticise us for saying what we did because we have every right to do so.

I hope this is clear to everyone. Now again threads are being bogged down in utterly unncessary complication so PLEASE keep things on track and keep this purely about opinion and discussion of the idea presented. You will note that whatever I say about this theory as presented by Windu (and his friend) I have absolutely no criticism at all of HIM. Furhter negative comments made about people simply for being critical will be trated as member bashing and dealt with accordingly.

So, either more comments or ideas about the theory or nothing at all from now on, thanks.

Member.
well said ushgaraksmile

Corran
I hate it when Ush has to tell us all off, he's younger than me and yet I still feel like I'm in front of the head master, let's all just play nicely so he doesn't scare me again.

And yes, although EW's idea was creative, it fail in the points that Ush raised, it struck me immediately that Palpatine would not have had the time to be 3 different people and I do think that syfo dias has to be another person.

GordonSkywalker
Whatever. That is your viewpoint. I happen to hold to a different viewpoint. We have spoken of such things before.

Member.
hm...

GordonSkywalker
It remains an intriguing concept but I do concede to Ushgarak about the improbabilities of Palpatine being three or four different key people though.

Member.
he does change looks in the orig trilogy, his face all messed up, whats up?

Ushgarak
Well, some people say the Dark Side does that to you. (shrugs)

GordonSkywalker
That's the story I heard. The dark side energies corrupted his physical form.

GordonSkywalker
So the so-called general consensus is Palpatine is not a shape-changing alien who is impersonating no less than three-maybe four- seperate individuals. Great. Got it. cool

finti
I think it is time to let those speculations rest for a while, SW was always meant to be straight forward and all those speculations around aint making it straight forward.

GordonSkywalker
Ah I could not help but notice you are not the actual moderator on this one, so will you be closing up this thread anyway? I ask merely for information purposes. Besides I did not start this topic. I am waiting for it to be closed actually.Not much left to say about this Clawdite stuff is there?

finti
closed then

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.