Most Valuable Team Member

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Brockalizer
You are going to start you own team of low herald level heroes or villains. Out of all the powersets available throughout comics, which one would be the most valuable to have on a team?

golem370
Genius intelligence

thanos-prime
Punching stuff really hard

psycho gundam
Originally posted by golem370
Genius intelligence this

presumably a super genius in a comic has some wealth and can at least hook the team up with some suits that can turn the most mundane hero type into whatever they desire. the possibilities are kinda endless. not too many poor "smart guys" in comics, it kinda goes hand in hand (hank mccoy and forge aren't really wealthy but they don't really need to be since they always had access to other rich guy's bottomless bank accounts (xavier estate and the us government (in forge's case)))

tony stark for example can build suits for any situation, and like with the king thor incident, he just needs to get his hands on a power source strong enough to fight a sky-father class character, and obviously anything under that.

lex built suits that can at least make him not die against superman, reed built a suit that can "fight galactus", etc

pym-ftw
Leadership

SquallX
Few characters in comics have all the things one needs to be a powerful character.

Superman has the power and the speed to be the tank of the team.

-He has the intellect to be a genius, or mastermind if he chooses.

-Then he has the weapons to be an arms dealer on a universal scale. He has the Miracle Machine stored in his brain, including all of those offworld weapons he collects, he's robots are another problem, and the Phantom Zone.

Intellect wise, he posses Brainiac and access to the 31st century.

Bouboumaster
You need Reed Richards:
Good field leader

Ok in a fight

Without equal in comics when we are talking about pure intelligence. The ****er probably has the most dangerously packed closet ever

pym-ftw
Pym is pretty close or his better in all those area's

armedforbattle
Yep definitely intelligence.
Tony has takin on King Thor, and actually didn't do to bad.
Managed to break the phoenix force up, which is damn impressive.
Is consistently holding his own against Mid-High Herald Characters.

And he is just a guy in a suit of armor.
http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/12/128366/2742813-ironman.jpg
That's why tony has and always will be one of my favorites.

DarkSaint85
Super intelligence, or telepathy.

Both are more or less the same thing, in terms of formulating battle strategies.

golem370
Reed destroying the side of a mountain with his smarts a thing that Tony Stark and Spider-Man couldn't work up the smarts to do. He also stopped Supernova from destroying the planet with his smarts.

Digi
Originally posted by pym-ftw
Leadership

Most valuable, not most overrated.

wink

JakeTheBank
Super intelligence.

pym-ftw
Lol @Digi,

The mighty Avengers could have been badass if they had a good leader...

JakeTheBank
Which Mighty Avengers?

pym-ftw
Tony, Carol, Ares, Bob, Simon, and Natasha...
Carol as leader

JakeTheBank
Ah, okay. You surprisingly, given your screen name, left out Janet. wink

I liked that team, though.

pym-ftw
Yeah, can't believe I forgot her,...I have Jan Ultron in my Sig laughing out loud

I liked the team, but carols bad leadership nearly got both her team and later the planet destroyed.

keiththegreat
magic

-Pr-
Common sense.

Bentley
Originally posted by -Pr-
Common sense.

Retcon punches beat common sense

dmills
Not really a super power in a traditional sense but a supremely potent A.I. A Xandarian Worldmind equivalent or some such housed within your cerebellum or something. Capable of independent action, but programmed with reasonable safeguards.

You'd accomplish a hell of a lot more this way then simple super intelligence would allow.

Bouboumaster
Originally posted by pym-ftw
Pym is pretty close or his better in all those area's

Pym is a better fighter.
But Richards is leagues above the blond douchebag when it comes to solve shit with his mind.

Brockalizer
I noticed a lot of people are choosing intelligence, for obvious reasons. I think an extremely valuable, yet often underrated power set would be Boston Brand's possession ability.

pym-ftw
Is that why Richards, Stark , and Parker come to Pym when they need help...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.