Indestructible Hulk vs Destroyer

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

googol
Indestructible Hulk

vs

Asguardian destroyer

they fight no BFR

carver9
Haven't seen enough from this Hulk. Give it time. He's shrugged off Adamantium melting blasts, showing super speed, also showing immeasurable strength but that isn't enough to beat the Destroyer...we need to see him in action.

googol
Originally posted by carver9
Haven't seen enough from this Hulk. Give it time. He's shrugged off Adamantium melting blasts, showing super speed, also showing immeasurable strength but that isn't enough to beat the Destroyer...we need to see him in action. could he take the destroyer by the hands and rip him apart? he is not made out of adamantium or uru

carver9
Destroyer has never been damaged so we don't know what type of force it would take to rip it.

googol
Destroyer has never been damaged so we don't know what type of force it would take to rip it.

showing immeasurable strength .

is this not good enough?

Branlor Swift
If the Celestials can tear through the Destroyer, then Hulk surely can.

Estacado
Hulk melts the Destroyer with his gamma vision.

googol
Originally posted by Branlor Swift
If the Celestials can tear through the Destroyer, then Hulk surely can. Thats right

janus77
good point.

Hulk wins.

-Pr-
Originally posted by Estacado
Hulk melts the Destroyer with his gamma vision.

thumb up

carver9
Originally posted by googol
is this not good enough?

No, that's not enough since it would probably take more than physical strength to damage it.

janus77
No, that's not enough since it would probably take more than physical strength to damage it.
Carver, when did you stop reading Hulk comics?

When has Hulk ever required "more than physical strength" to smash something?

Hell, he smashed Nightmare in his own realm, twice.

Hulk smash Destroyer. yes
Say it with me, you know you want to, I'll protect you from the naysayers and the bullying mods yes

Hulk. Smash. Destroyer.

-Pr-
I really hope that's sarcasm.

googol
No, that's not enough since it would probably take more than physical strength to damage it. how is that even logical? just because he is enchanted? juggernaut is also enchanted, that means no amount of hulk rage can damage him? confused

janus77
Originally posted by -Pr-
I really hope that's sarcasm.
shhh, you're just upset you didn't join The Hulkamania before it became so cool.

-Pr-
Originally posted by janus77
shhh, you're just upset you didn't join The Hulkamania before it became so cool.

The sad thing is, I'm probably more of an actual Hulk fan than some of his "supporters".

janus77
Dunno, you constantly belittle the KMC mascot of Hulkamania.

Anyway, on-topic again. Hulk wins.

Flyattractor
.....Do I even want to know how or WHY Hulk has officially become "Indestructible"???

carver9
Originally posted by googol
how is that even logical? just because he is enchanted? juggernaut is also enchanted, that means no amount of hulk rage can damage him? confused

That's not what I am saying. We don't know what type of force it takes to destroy let alone damage the destroyer. I want to see more from this Hulk before giving him a win against someone/something so powerful.

-Pr-
Dunno, you constantly belittle the KMC mascot of Hulkamania.

Anyway, on-topic again. Hulk wins.

If the Hulk "fans" consider Carver their mascot, it's no wonder that I don't want to be seen as one of that group sometimes.

psycho gundam
Originally posted by Flyattractor
.....Do I even want to know how or WHY Hulk has officially become "Indestructible"??? yes, and there needs to be churches that read excerpts from those awesome pages.

janus77
Originally posted by Flyattractor
.....Do I even want to know how or WHY Hulk has officially become "Indestructible"???
It's just the marketing people finally realising what Marvel was saying all along.

Bruce Banner, the man whose intellect intimidates Tony Stark, has said that Hulk is basically indestructible.

That and on-panel proof that Hulk's more durable than adamantium and The Mad Thinker attempting to calculate his strength and realising that it was literally "incalculable".

cdtm
...Hulks invulnerable now?

Does he still have a hf?

The more I hear about this Hulk, the more it's sounding like Pak's stuff is retconned out of existence..

janus77
Originally posted by cdtm
...Hulks invulnerable now?

Does he still have a hf?

The more I hear about this Hulk, the more it's sounding like Pak's stuff is retconned out of existence..
It effectively has. Don't really know where they're going with any of this "Indestructible Hulk" stuff... It's a good read, but character-wise, Banner is not "himself", he's a little obsessed with being the smartest one there is, looking down his nose at Stark and belittling his work (and actually intimidating Stark with his intellect). Talking about leaving a lasting mark on humanity... It all reads like typical comic build-up to a fall, like Pym or maybe a "Doom-lite" kind of situation.

There's none of the Banner bravura from Pak's time, no BannerTech pwning the world, no actually Banner action whatsoever.

On top of that, Hulk is basically mute. Doesn't say anything, just smashes on command... It's quite disappointing on many levels, but - as I say above - a good read, once you accept the lack of continuity.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Personally, Banner comes off not confident or admirable but as arrogant and unlikable. Tried too hard with making Banner "cool" I think, especially with the last scene with Stark, felt forced. Banner is smart, but smarter than Tony Stark? That ain't going to stick very well. Other than that, it was okay I guess. I don't like the lack of Green Scar.

I enjoyed Banner from Pak's run a lot more, he was arguably the fourth or fifth smartest person in the world (Behind Doom/Richard/Stark and Pym) but he was cunning and a quick thinker. On top of that he came off confident, he acknowledged his own power but he wasn't a dick.

Him bringing Tony out to a mountain range to unleash the Hulk on his ass because of a bruised ego? Meh. You'd think Banner better than anyone would realize how stupid it is to use the Hulk like that, especially since he seems to be Savage for most purposes now.

janus77
The whole internal monologue of Banner's was crap. It was stupid and didn't really come from anything that Marvel had previously established about the character.

Sure, Banner has every right to be more than a little pissed off with Stark, Reed and co, but WWH - He resolved that shit. They were wrong, he kicked their combined arses and, on top of that, during FOTH and WWHs, he ran rings around them in both prep and cunning terms. He didn't need to be accepted as their superior, he just proved it on panel whenever he came up against them.

Banner could be developed in to the best exemplar of the intellectual with an attitude thing, he's got Hulk to keep him at a distance from the rest of humanity and give Reed and Stark an issue over which to maintain their distrust of him.

At the same time, Hulk makes him special, beyond anything Reed or Stark can boast. He's literally a world breaker and he puts the fear of god into many a ... god.

Why he would have this petty mindset is just beyond reason. It seems like they are crow-barring him onto the path of Doom.

Make him resent his lot in life, obsess over the slights and actions of others, ignore his own potential and the positive actions he could take, but make every action in relation to others...

Anyway, yet again, it's a good read if you can accept that it's not going to build on the brilliant work of Pak or the good work done before him.

JakeTheBank
Destroyer.

the Darkone
Destroyer

Colossus-Big C
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Destroyer. why?

StiltmanFTW
Because he destroys.

DarkSaint85
Hulk never shrugged off adamantium melting rays, anyway.

StiltmanFTW
Yeah, there was just no guarantee Ultron's device would work on Hulk's physiology...

carver9
Writers intent.

DarkSaint85
It wasn't Ultron's device either. It was a knock off copy, 'inspired' by Ultron. Like the Sansum Galaxy Notes I see for sale in Thailand.

janus77
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Hulk never shrugged off adamantium melting rays, anyway.
It was stated that The Mad Thinker built his weapons according to Ultron's Quantum Moulder, which melts and remoulds Adamantium.

Furthermore, The Mad Thinker then stated that if it works on Adamantium, think what it would do to flesh and bone ... Before watching it fail against Hulk.

This isn't the first time Hulk's been depicted as being more durable than Adamantium. It happened in Future Imperfect too. Both those instances he was being attacked by weapons that would crush/slag Adamantium and neither of them scratched him.

imo it's similar to how he can hold a planet together in one instance and in another, go rounds with Thing. Dynamic powers.

carver9
It wasn't Ultron's device either. It was a knock off copy, 'inspired' by Ultron. Like the Sansum Galaxy Notes I see for sale in Thailand.

Writers intent...we know what the writer wanted us to think about Hulk durability...accept it and move on.

DarkSaint85
Its going to be one of those agree to disagree scenarios, I think.

Mad Thinker said that it was inspired by Ultron, now if it could melt metal, just imagine what it can do to flesh and bone.

Same way that my Sansum Note can make calls and send text messages, just like a real Samsung. But it doesn't mean that its as good as the real thing.

DarkSaint85
Writers intent...we know what the writer wanted us to think about Hulk durability...accept it and move on.

Then why not take the leap, and clarify it, rather than relying on intent?

That's like arguing that writer's intent is that Doomsday is faster than the Flash, as that is what Booster Gold said. Shall I now go around arguing that he can IMP people? No - that would be stupid.

StiltmanFTW
@janus

Yet Cap's shield which is basically proto-adamantium sliced the more powerful Maestro.

And Professor Hulk wasn't impervious to adamantium anyway, so these robot dogs from alternate reality aren't very convincing argument.

janus77

Mad Thinker said that it was inspired by Ultron, now if it could melt metal, just imagine what it can do to flesh and bone.

Same way that my Sansum Note can make calls and send text messages, just like a real Samsung. But it doesn't mean that its as good as the real thing.
Quantum Moulder isn't a brand though, it's a descriptive name for a function - like a wrench or a automotive vehicle.

The only thing it needs to share in common with any other incarnation is that it does that essential job. In the case of the QMs - slag Adamantium.

Then there's the Future Imperfect Dogs of War thing - where they have a precise measure for the pressure/force that the robots exert - crushing Adamantium - and that too failed on Hulk.

janus77
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
@janus

Yet Cap's shield which is basically proto-adamantium sliced the more powerful Maestro.

And Professor Hulk wasn't impervious to adamantium anyway, so these robot dogs from alternate reality aren't very convincing argument.
Yes, it did slice him, when used by Professor Hulk.

As for alt universe - Maestro's universe is just a future version of 616. I don't see why there should be any doubt introduced really.

StiltmanFTW
Yes, it did slice him, when used by Professor Hulk.

As for alt universe - Maestro's universe is just a future version of 616. I don't see why there should be any doubt introduced really.

There are many futures.

Cable's from a future version of 616, too.

So is Old Man Logan/Hooded Man.

Doesn't mean we can use them all as canon evidence. That evidence with robots simply doesn't count, especially since we've seen Prof Hulk getting hurt by 616 adamantium.

DarkSaint85
Quantum Moulder isn't a brand though, it's a descriptive name for a function - like a wrench or a automotive vehicle.

The only thing it needs to share in common with any other incarnation is that it does that essential job. In the case of the QMs - slag Adamantium.

Then there's the Future Imperfect Dogs of War thing - where they have a precise measure for the pressure/force that the robots exert - crushing Adamantium - and that too failed on Hulk.

Replace the brands with Harry Potter's invisibility cloak. Or lightsabres. Or anything from sci-fi, really.

I can say I was inspired after watching Return of the Jedi to make a lightsabre out of some tubing and a flashlight. Or, if I was comic book level clever, I could make a working facsimile which works PRETTY much like a lightsabre, but wasn't.

Let's use a comic book analogy. Carbondium vs adamantium. Adamantium vs Proto-adamantium. They all inspired each other, doesn't mean that they are the same. But they are all metals, and they all have the same function - to be durable and hardwearing. Except Cap has the original, and the best.

janus77
I'd say there's a difference between characters and materials, especially when they're a continuation of 616 rather than some parallel/what if/separate reality.

As for being hurt by adamantium, again that's basically the same thing as going rounds with Thing and smashing Onslaught. Dynamic stats.

janus77
Replace the brands with Harry Potter's invisibility cloak. Or lightsabres. Or anything from sci-fi, really.

I can say I was inspired after watching Return of the Jedi to make a lightsabre out of some tubing and a flashlight. Or, if I was comic book level clever, I could make a working facsimile which works PRETTY much like a lightsabre, but wasn't.

Let's use a comic book analogy. Carbondium vs adamantium. Adamantium vs Proto-adamantium. They all inspired each other, doesn't mean that they are the same. But they are all metals, and they all have the same function - to be durable and hardwearing. Except Cap has the original, and the best.
1) the function was made explicit, QMs melt/remould adamantium
2) this is The Mad Thinker, a character of phenomenal intellect.
3) Hulk has past form re Adamantium.

StiltmanFTW
I'd say there's a difference between characters and materials, especially when they're a continuation of 616 rather than some parallel/what if/separate reality.

As for being hurt by adamantium, again that's basically the same thing as going rounds with Thing and smashing Onslaught. Dynamic stats.

Thing is, there are shitloads of "continuations" of 616 universe... they are all in fact separate realities, they even have their own designation numbers. They're different from each other, too.

One of the many examples:

Hulk in The End regenerating from getting eaten by bugs.

Hulk in Old Man Logan dying from Logan tearing him apart from inside.

DarkSaint85
1) Not arguing that point, he ever referred to his own gun as a QM, did he? He merely said ''this was inspired blah blah blah'. Not arguing that QMs reshape adamantium.

2) True.

3) Also true. But there are so many more times that adamantium has proven to be stronger than the Hulk, that one showing, imo, doesn't invalidate it. ABC logic, I know, but if adamantium>Hulk, and if Item X > adamantium, then Item X>adamantium>Hulk.

carver9

Why would he even bring it up if it couldn't melt Adamantium? Why even bring up Adamantium and Ultron weapon if it wasnt similar? Writers intent.

StiltmanFTW
Why would he even bring it up if it couldn't melt Adamantium? Why even bring up Adamantium and Ultron weapon if it was similar? Writers intent.

Hulk resisted transmutation before, it's not exactly a durability feat, more of a special ability/resistance feat.

DarkSaint85
He didn't bring it up in the way you think though. Otherwise, with writer's intent, I can argue that the writer did NOT want it to be a shrugging off adamantium melting blast feat, and he displayed this intent by writing the word 'metal' and 'inspired by', rather than 'adamantium' and 'the same as'.

I'm not saying they are not similar. I am not saying that they couldn't melt metal. I am saying that I cannot prove that the Mad Thinker's weapon was of the same power output as Ultron's. And ultimately, neither can you.

Am I allowed to use DOS Doomsday and Flash speed, now, then, if writer's intent is now used as proof? Can I use writer's intent to show how Batman is the fastest member of DCnU JLA?

carver9
Hulk resisted transmutation before, it's not exactly a durability feat, more of a special ability/resistance feat.

It can be marked as a durability or resistance ft but from the way Mad Thinker was talking, it was more of a durability ft. He stated it could melt through Adamantium and then said "imagine what it would do to flesh and bone". I'm getting durability out of it but I can see where you are coming from.

DarkSaint85
It can be marked as a durability or resistance ft but from the way Mad Thinker was talking, it was more of a durability ft. He stated it could melt through Adamantium and then said "imagine what it would do to flesh and bone". I'm getting durability out of it but I can see where you are coming from.

You forgot the middle sentence, 'where he said if it could melt metal'.

Writer's intent to show that Mad Thinker's version couldn't melt through it, otherwise he would have written it the way you have. Because your intent is to clearly show that it CAN melt adamantium.

carver9
He didn't bring it up in the way you think though. Otherwise, with writer's intent, I can argue that the writer did NOT want it to be a shrugging off adamantium melting blast feat, and he displayed this intent by writing the word 'metal' and 'inspired by', rather than 'adamantium' and 'the same as'.

I'm not saying they are not similar. I am not saying that they couldn't melt metal. I am saying that I cannot prove that the Mad Thinker's weapon was of the same power output as Ultron's. And ultimately, neither can you.

Am I allowed to use DOS Doomsday and Flash speed, now, then, if writer's intent is now used as proof? Can I use writer's intent to show how Batman is the fastest member of DCnU JLA?

Again, why would Mad Thinker bring up Adamantium and Ultron weapon in the first place if the two wasn't similar? This is Mad Thinker, a genuous...why would he use a weapon that only melts metal.

carver9
You forgot the middle sentence, 'where he said if it could melt metal'.

Writer's intent to show that Mad Thinker's version couldn't melt through it, otherwise he would have written it the way you have. Because your intent is to clearly show that it CAN melt adamantium.

You are not making one bit of sense (still luv you like a bro). Adamantium is metal. Again, why would Mad Thinker use a gun that can only melt through standard metal against HULK.?

DarkSaint85
Again, why would Mad Thinker bring up Adamantium and Ultron weapon in the first place if the two wasn't similar? This is Mad Thinker, a tenuous...why would he use a weapon that only melts metal.

Writer's intent, buddy. The writer knew that giving the Hulk such a feat was too extreme, so chickened out at the last minute and made it ambiguous.

Again, not saying they are not similar. Carbonadium was inspired by adamantium's durability, and they are similar. But adamantium is superior to carbonadium.

carver9
Writer's intent, buddy. The writer knew that giving the Hulk such a feat was too extreme, so chickened out at the last minute and made it ambiguous.

Again, not saying they are not similar. Carbonadium was inspired by adamantium's durability, and they are similar. But adamantium is superior to carbonadium.

You are making up stuff as you go. The writer can easily change the script if he wanted. Adamantium is metal...mad thinker brought up Ultrons gun and his weapon. He then end up talking about the damage his gun would do to Hulk. Mad Thinker is either an idiot for bringing a standard metal melting gun to a fight against HULK (LMBAO) or he brought a gun that can melt through Adamantium like Ultron gun can. I see no reason for a writer to bring up Ultron gun and Adamantium if he was not telling us the purpose of bringing it up.

StiltmanFTW
We need to remember there were many versions of Ultron, not all were made out of grade "a" adamantium. It's anyone's guess which model of Ultron inspired the Thinker.

It's also possible that Hulk wrecked Thinker before his weapon could do any significant harm...

DarkSaint85
Then why bring up the word 'metal', rather than' imagine if it can melt adamantium, what it would do to flash and bone'.

Or

'This is the same as Ultron's QM, which etc etc'.

And I love you like a bro too. Like Cain loved Abel.

carver9
We need to remember there were many versions of Ultron, not all were made out of grade "a" adamantium. It's anyone's guess which model of Ultron inspired the Thinker.

It's also possible that Hulk wrecked Thinker before his weapon could do any significant harm...

I agree but he compared his gun to the one that melted Adamantium.

DarkSaint85
I compare myself to the entire cast of the Expendables.

carver9
Then why bring up the word 'metal', rather than' imagine if it can melt adamantium, what it would do to flash and bone'.

Or

'This is the same as Ultron's QM, which etc etc'.

And I love you like a bro too. Like Cain loved Abel.

He did bring up the gun melting Adamantium...he doesn't have to keep pounding us in the face with something so obvious. Bringing it up one time should've been good enough. Again, Adamantium is metal and Adamantium has been called metal on 100's of occasions. Hell, Spiderman just said Wolverine would be ok from a fall because of his METAL bones.

carver9
I compare myself to the entire cast of the Expendables.

If you wrote that in a fiction book, I would believe you.

Damborgson
Even if those weapons were proven adamantium melters, it wouldn't mean much in the end. Don't get me wrong, it'd be a hell of a feat, but it's not like Hulk's going to get consistently portrayed as being > adamantium. He's going to get cut,burned,broken, etc by things that wouldn't put a dent in adamantium. It's comics. /shrug

psycho gundam
carver level lowballing ironically used against carver himself

what a pile of burning shit this thread turned out to be

carver9
Originally posted by Damborgson
Even if those weapons were proven adamantium melters, it wouldn't mean much in the end. Don't get me wrong, it'd be a hell of a feat, but it's not like Hulk's going to get consistently portrayed as being > adamantium. He's going to get cut,burned,broken, etc by things that wouldn't put a dent in adamantium. It's comics. /shrug

I agree...I just think this version of Hulk is just different and the writer is trying to give us an idea of his power level (along with bringing up his incalculable strength). I have no argument against what you've just stated because no character is consistent. I still think its a good showing for Hulk but it will be something that will vanish.

DarkOdin
Regardless of what the gun could destroy its not like Hulk reg ability wouldn't help , 1 could argue hulk was just regeration faster then the gun could destory

Damborgson
I agree...I just think this version of Hulk is just different and the writer is trying to give us an idea of his power level (along with bringing up his incalculable strength). I have no argument against what you've just stated because no character is consistent. I still think its a good showing for Hulk but it will be something that will vanish.

thumb up

carver9
Originally posted by DarkOdin
Regardless of what the gun could destroy its not like Hulk reg ability wouldn't help , 1 could argue hulk was just regeration faster then the gun could destory

Then they would have to prove it since we see Hulk clearly shrugging it off.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by psycho gundam
carver level lowballing ironically used against carver himself

http://i50.tinypic.com/dfkg1f.jpg

StiltmanFTW
I agree but he compared his gun to the one that melted Adamantium.

He did, but secondary adamantium's been referred to as just "adamantium" countless times. Like I said, we have no idea which Ultron model inspired MT.

DarkOdin
Then they would have to prove it since we see Hulk clearly shrugging it off. C ould go either way as it is speculation either way

DarkSaint85
It is indeed speculation, and ambiguous.

Indestructible Hulk will clearly see some amazing feats. The Mad Thinker's feat just isn't that good, tbh.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by DarkOdin

True. I think his transmutation resistance played a bigger factor, though.

carver9
I understood what the writer said along with others. Of course there will always be others to dispute a ft. That ft will be presented in his respect thread though, no matter what other people opinions on the matter is.

StiltmanFTW
I understood what the writer said along with others. Of course there will always be others to dispute a ft. That ft will be presented in his respect thread though, no matter what other people opinions on the matter is.

http://i45.tinypic.com/vcuvd2.gif

DarkSaint85
Btw, carver, I was lying earlier.

I love you like Abel loved Cain.

guy222
hulk

-Pr-
Btw, carver, I was lying earlier.

I love you like Abel loved Cain.

thumb up

Honestly though, guys, please get on topic.

carver9
http://i45.tinypic.com/vcuvd2.gif

laughing out loud

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by Colossus-Big C
why?

Feats, obviously.

Indestructible Hulk really displayed nothing beyond the likes of Savage Hulk. Even being cited as having "incalculable" strength, while a nice feat, is something that Hulk's been stated as having time and time again. It means little in terms of a forum match as he's not walking around with infinite strength or anything. Pitting a specific incarnation of a character with literally two issues under his belt against the Destroyer and asking who wins is pretty ridiculous, imo.

Via feats, the Destroyer's energy output >>> Mad Thinker's gimmick. It's also far more durable than what Hulk has shown able to damage.

roughrider

roll eyes (sarcastic)

Hulk is not a Celestial.
No version of Hulk has ever been equal to a Celestial.
Even WBH and his current form, at best he's in the conversation for Skyfather power level being.

But no Skyfather is equal to a Celestial, either.

...Okay, then. Glad that's understood.

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by roughrider
roll eyes (sarcastic)

Hulk is not a Celestial.
Even WBH and his current form, at best he's in the conversation for Skyfather power level being.

Pretty sure that was sarcasm.

StiltmanFTW
You need to fix your sarcasm detector, rough.

@edit: Jake beat me to it stick out tongue

roughrider
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Pretty sure that was sarcasm.

Was everyone else playing along then on page 1, saying they agreed with that post?

JakeTheBank
Was everyone else playing along then on page 1, saying they agreed with that post?

I'd wager most were joking. Of course, there's bound to be one or two raging Gamma fiends out there.

googol
Originally posted by psycho gundam

what a pile of burning shit this thread turned out to be

Reported mad

Devron87
roll eyes (sarcastic)

Hulk is not a Celestial.

mmmmh.....not me,it's Apocalypse......

http://postimage.org/image/k38d5x96j/

Branlor Swift
roll eyes (sarcastic)

Hulk is not a Celestial.

...Okay, then. Glad that's understood. I agree, Hulk isn't a Celestial, nor is he equal to one.

He's Beyond

Speaking about beyonds, and such and such... Beyonder knew Hulk's source is infinite, while he pretty much molested all the Celestials easily, with no such respect. Yup, that about wraps that debacle up.

http://cdn.ebaumsworld.com/mediaFiles/picture/153485/82971368.gif

googol
I agree, Hulk isn't a Celestial, nor is he equal to one.

He's Beyond

Speaking about beyonds, and such and such... Beyonder knew Hulk's source is infinite, while he pretty much molested all the Celestials easily, with no such respect. Yup, that about wraps that debacle up.

http://cdn.ebaumsworld.com/mediaFiles/picture/153485/82971368.gif laughing

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.