Omni-Man vs Pre-Flashpoint Superman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Rage.Of.Olympus
No heat vision or Cold Breath. Just two flying bricks going at it.

Now that we saw Omni-Man fight the Mega Supreme (Evil better than ever Supreme or some such bullshit) to a double knockout stalemate, how does this fight go?

Where would you rank the Viltrumites from the Invincible-verse now?

Personally Omni-Man is solidified as a legitimate Elite brick in my eyes now. Invincible as a result is arguably stronger than Wonder Woman. Allen and to a further extent the leader of the Viltrumites are well above Top Tier strength wise.

Golgo13
Dcnu superman?

Rage.Of.Olympus
Pre-Flashpoint. I'm not up-to-date with the current faggy hair cut, angsty Superman.

-Pr-
What kind of feats does this guy have?

Rage.Of.Olympus
Actually not a lot in the way of space cheese feats which is why the Viltrumies were hard to quantify. It was obvious that they were intended to be powerful but him stalemating Supreme was a good way to rank him.

The best feat would be when Omni-Man, Invincible and an old Viltrumite flew through a planet destroying it. Although IIRC, an unstoppable bullet aided the feat making it not as clear cut.

KingD19
Under a dozen Viltrumites were stated to be capable of completely taking over and destroying a planet.

And a fight between a much weaker Invincible and Nolan(Omni-Man/his dad) demolished several skyscrapers just with them flying through them.

There's other stuff too, but I don't have access to many back issues.

dmills
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
No heat vision or Cold Breath. Just two flying bricks going at it.

Now that we saw Omni-Man fight the Mega Supreme (Evil better than ever Supreme or some such bullshit) to a double knockout stalemate, how does this fight go?

Where would you rank the Viltrumites from the Invincible-verse now?

Personally Omni-Man is solidified as a legitimate Elite brick in my eyes now. Invincible as a result is arguably stronger than Wonder Woman. Allen and to a further extent the leader of the Viltrumites are well above Top Tier strength wise.

Damn. Good shyt. If legit it sure as hell means Mark and his pops are elite strong men. Allen and Thragg must be phucking trans level strength wise. It also boosts Zach up the food chain as well (Tech Jacket) since he was capable of busting open high level Viltrumites that were Flanking Conquest.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Yup. A holding back Allen absolutely demolished Omni-Man who is apparently a legit elite brick. That's a feat even Thanos would like to have under his belt. And even Allen didn't seem to want a piece of Thragg.

That guy would probably beat the shit out of Omni-Man, Invincible and Allen at the same time. If he really is that powerful, he'd probably punk most of the Trans-Tier strongmen.

dmills
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Yup. A holding back Allen absolutely demolished Omni-Man who is apparently a legit elite brick. That's a feat even Thanos would like to have under his belt. And even Allen didn't seem to want a piece of Thragg.

That guy would probably beat the shit out of Omni-Man, Invincible and Allen at the same time. If he really is that powerful, he'd probably punk most of the Trans-Tier strongmen.

That's absolutely how he's been portrayed. Mark is terrified of him, Allen gives him a wide berth too. I'm thinking back to the way he casually broke Battle Beast's face/neck as well. And Beast was ripping viltrumites to pieces.

You know thinking about it, I wonder if Thragg is a conceptual succesor to another Kirkman creation, Titannus? They're very similar character wise.

Branlor Swift
Scans of everything ever said here

KingD19
Thragg is basically the perfect specimen of the Viltrumites and has been training constantly since birth. Any viltrumite could get to his level, but it would probably take years and years of training and nothing else.

dmills
Originally posted by KingD19
Thragg is basically the perfect specimen of the Viltrumites and has been training constantly since birth. Any viltrumite could get to his level, but it would probably take years and years of training and nothing else.

Imagine if Mark eventually gets there? Now that his powers are back, since things have been relatively peaceful you just know that something is going to go down. It's the Kirkman way.

KingD19
Yep. And only Kirkman would bring his powers back in the middle of coitus with his chubby girlfriend.

dmills
Originally posted by KingD19
Yep. And only Kirkman would bring his powers back in the middle of coitus with his chubby girlfriend.

laughing Iknowrite! Dude has a strange imagination.

dmills
Geez we've farked up Rage's thread lol. I'd say Supes still takes it. Viltrumite durability is somewhat suspect. Although their damage soak is phucking insane.

curryman
Viltrumites are strong but they haven't really done anything to put them on Superman's level, or any Kryptonian for that matter.

Omni-man is a lot more brutal than Supes, but he's outmatched in just about every other category.

abhilegend
Superman easily. Crossovers aren't exactly the best way to gauge power levels.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Doubt it.

They exist under the same company and they even went out of the way to point out that they exist in the same Universe and yet it's not valid? Lol.

Adam Grimes
Bump

ShadowFyre
So I've read maybe 15-20 of the earlier Invincible. They got up to trans huh? But thragg and BB hadn't fought at all yet then either.

Diesldude
Originally posted by Adam Grimes
Bump

Damn what a necrobump. laughing out loud

deathslash
Originally posted by ShadowFyre
So I've read maybe 15-20 of the earlier Invincible. They got up to trans huh? But thragg and BB hadn't fought at all yet then either. Thragg is the only on in Invincible that's actually trans tier and even then, it's low trans.

As for how thus fight goes, Omni-man puts up a good fight, but eventually loses.

MrMind
I don't think Thragg is trans though, he is high herald on the tier thread and seems like a good fit

deathslash
Originally posted by MrMind
I don't think Thragg is trans though, he is high herald on the tier thread and seems like a good fit last time I checked, the tier thread was extremely outdated. Fact of the matter is that he was easily beating the crap out of two characters who were both shown to shrug off attacks from high heralds with ease. You don't have to agree with me, but it is worth considering.

MrMind
we did a tier thread revision last year, but that's neither here nor there

what feats does Thragg have that seperate him from the Hal, Wally, Surfer, Majestic, Adam Warlock of the world?

Stoic
Originally posted by deathslash
last time I checked, the tier thread was extremely outdated. Fact of the matter is that he was easily beating the crap out of two characters who were both shown to shrug off attacks from high heralds with ease. You don't have to agree with me, but it is worth considering.

I question his ability to resist physical, elemental, magical, and telepathic attacks. Viltrimates appeared to be awfully squishy.

carver9
Thragg beats both but Superman takes a majority against Omni.

MrMind
laughing out loud he would one shot toba hulk then

Delta1938
Given Stoic's recent arguments, I felt those was worth a bump.

Stoic
You saw how I viewed them back then, but most recently Kirkman's comments concerning his characters power levels have made me consider that they actually may be more powerful than I'd originally thought that they were. The writer knows more about the characters that they write about than the fans.

Delta1938
Originally posted by Stoic
You saw how I viewed them back then, but most recently Kirkman's comments concerning his characters power levels have made me consider that they actually may be more powerful than I'd originally thought that they were. The writer knows more about the characters that they write about than the fans.

And yet, their feats contradict that.

Even going with the fight with Supreme, and giving Supreme the >universe lifting Suprema, Superman>Supreme.

And also, you trapped yourself. The writers know more about the characters they write than the fans? Show me him writing Superman to have the authority you argue he does. Otherwise, checkmate.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.