Mangog Vs Onslaught

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Golgo13
1. SA Mangog
2. Jurgen's Mangog

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/3/33806/1514648-12_tstrike004_cov_col_large.jpg

vs

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/0/394/77997-166603-onslaught_large.jpg

carver9
Onslaught.

TheLordofMurder
Originally posted by carver9
Onslaught.

thumb up

Horrificus
SA
Don't be ridiculous. Mangog is a Skyfather-Bhich-Builder.
Odin was unable to harm him in his head or on his hide.
The rules do not apply to full-power Mangog. Nothing Onslaught has would effect him.

Jurgen's
BFR'd one time, by Godblast down his throat. Unknown what would have happened if Thor had stuck around.
No reason for it really. Just the one time out of many, many times where Mangog beat Thor with single strike ko's and literally ignored his strongest blows.

Terryc250
Mangog

TheLordofMurder
Originally posted by Horrificus
SA
The rules do not apply to full-power Mangog. Nothing Onslaught has would effect him.

Jurgen's
BFR'd one time, by Godblast down his throat. Unknown what would have happened if Thor had stuck around.
No reason for it really. Just the one time out of many, many times where Mangog beat Thor with single strike ko's and literally ignored his strongest blows.

Onslaught has access to Franklin and Nate's power...

Onslaught>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Odin in terms of raw might...

So dont delude yourself; there is plenty Onslaught could do to SA Mangog...

Branlor Swift
He has access. He has the fear factor of him having those two beasts behind him.

But he's shown nowhere near Frank's real power. He creates a sun with Frank's power, and Frank creates a universe by himself in the same arc.

h1a8
SA

Jurgen's
No reason for it really. Just the one time out of many, many times where Mangog beat Thor with single strike ko's and literally ignored his strongest blows. LOL Odin at his best didn't try to harm him. Odin (at normal power) never tried to harm him. You can't use a no limits fallacy. Onslaught at peak is beyond a skyfather.

Zack Fair
Originally posted by Branlor Swift
He has access. He has the fear factor of him having those two beasts behind him.

But he's shown nowhere near Frank's real power. He creates a sun with Frank's power, and Frank creates a universe by himself in the same arc. thumb up

Damborgson
1. Mangog spite stomps.

2. Not sure

Daredevil1
Onslaught seems to powerful. He'd probably put a sun in Mangogs throat....

peace.

Horrificus
Originally posted by h1a8
LOL Odin at his best didn't try to harm him. Odin (at normal power) never tried to harm him. You can't use a no limits fallacy. Onslaught at peak is beyond a skyfather. Dude, I have posted scans all over this forum, showing you flat out lie.

Full power Odin, at the head of his army, rushed Mangog. Mangog crushed them all in one blow, killing every one of them but Odin, who was so broken and scared and defeated that, as Mangog stepped up to finish him, Odin sent Asgard to the outskirts of reality, just to keep Mangog from using the twilight sword to destroy the universe.

And then, at the end of the story arc, amp'd Odin was only able to cut off Mangog from his power source, which ended up weakening Mangog, but killing Odin. Even with increased power, Odin could only effect Mangog's power source, because Odin admitted he could not beat Mangog in battle.

This is canon. You have seen the scans. All anybody has to do is search my username plus Mangog and if they spend a little time, they will see the ton of scans I have posted to backup my argument.

Anything else is just bs from idiots that haven't been able to track down, read and scan the original Mangog books.

Anybody that doesn't like the details of the Mangog stories are welcome to go back in time and ask for them to be rewritten.

h1a8
Dude, I have posted scans all over this forum, showing you flat out lie.

Full power Odin, at the head of his army, rushed Mangog. Mangog crushed them all in one blow, killing every one of them but Odin, who was so broken and scared and defeated that, as Mangog stepped up to finish him, Odin sent Asgard to the outskirts of reality, just to keep Mangog from using the twilight sword to destroy the universe.

And then, at the end of the story arc, amp'd Odin was only able to cut off Mangog from his power source, which ended up weakening Mangog, but killing Odin. Even with increased power, Odin could only effect Mangog's power source, because Odin admitted he could not beat Mangog in battle.

This is canon. You have seen the scans. All anybody has to do is search my username plus Mangog and if they spend a little time, they will see the ton of scans I have posted to backup my argument.

Anything else is just bs from idiots that haven't been able to track down, read and scan the original Mangog books.

Anybody that doesn't like the details of the Mangog stories are welcome to go back in time and ask for them to be rewritten. lol did you even read the story? Mangog lifted the bridge before they could attack. They were koed by falling a few feet from the air. A few feet!!! Come on be serious. Mangog didn't even hit them. They acted as fodder. Odin didn't even attack or use his powers on Mangog. Nothing Mangog did showed he is beyond a peak Onslaught. Hell a billion billion beings was his limit and in canon Thor thought he was exaggerating. Meaning Thor felt his power was much less than a billion billion beings. Mangog hit the hammer back only as strong as Thor's right arm, fail to ko Thor, etc.
Now if Odin used his powers or was on his A game (galaxy blasts) then you would have a point.

the Darkone
Dude, I have posted scans all over this forum, showing you flat out lie.

Anybody that doesn't like the details of the Mangog stories are welcome to go back in time and ask for them to be rewritten.

thumb up

SA Mangog would crush Onslaught, Onslaught is nowhere near SA Odin level in raw power. SA Mangog defeated Silver Age Odin with ease and the rest of Asgard, tanking their most powerful weapon Asgardian Canon.

Jurgens Mangog would get bfr, Onslaught is powerful but not elite sky father level. And Mangog is not Juggernaut, this by any means easy for Onslaught.

h1a8
Originally posted by the Darkone
thumb up

SA Mangog would crush Onslaught, Onslaught is nowhere near SA Odin level in raw power. SA Mangog defeated Silver Age Odin with ease and the rest of Asgard, tanking their most powerful weapon Asgardian Canon.

Jurgens Mangog would get bfr, Onslaught is powerful but not elite sky father level. And Mangog is not Juggernaut, this by any means easy for Onslaught. Mangog's power level sucked. He only had durability and high herald level power output. You need to reread those comics before spouting lies. Mangog never defeated Odin straight up. Odin at normal power never hit Mangog with an attack.

Durability =/= Power output
Never forget that.

the Darkone
Mangog's power level sucked. He only had durability and high herald level power output. You need to reread those comics before spouting lies. Mangog never defeated Odin straight up. Odin at normal power never hit Mangog with an attack.

Durability =/= Power output
Never forget that.

I wasn't talking to you, I don't care what you think!
Your nothing but a troll and low baller, your a liar and a twister of truth.

h1a8
I wasn't talking to you, I don't care what you think!
Your nothing but a troll and low baller, your a liar and a twister of truth. I'm not lowballing here. If Mangog had any power output feats then I'll agree. But his battles with Thor suggest otherwise as well as Thor's own words. Feats>>>>>>>>implied power, especially when they are a lot of them. IMO Mangog is trans simply because of high herald level poweroutput with trans/skyfather durability.

the Darkone
Originally posted by Branlor Swift

But he's shown nowhere near Frank's real power. He creates a sun with Frank's power, and Frank creates a universe by himself in the same arc.

Pretty much, Odin destroys galaxies due to side affects of his battles, at best Onslaught is high trans as where SA Mangog was a legit sky father in power, Odin would vouch for that.

TheGodKiller
Theoretically, based on the guys whom Onslaught was using as power-sources, he should be able to solo. But based on tangible feats, he didn't demonstrate anywhere near the power that would be required to overwhelm someone like SA Mangog.

So this is a pretty fair analysis:
1. Mangog easily
2. Onslaught(with some difficulty).

the Darkone
Originally posted by TheGodKiller
Theoretically, based on the guys whom Onslaught was using as power-sources, he should be able to solo. But based on tangible feats, he didn't demonstrate anywhere near the power that would be required to overwhelm someone like SA Mangog.

1. Mangog easily

I say 2 would be a toss up truth be told, but SA Mangog does rage stomp!!

h1a8
Pretty much, Odin destroys galaxies due to side affects of his battles, at best Onslaught is high trans as where SA Mangog was a legit sky father in power, Odin would vouch for that. Odin helping to destroy galaxies is a very rare Odin. Certainly not an average Odin. On average, Odin is barely seen as a planet destroyer. You can't use a character's highest feats as a gauge of where another character is.

Otherwise I can say that WW, Jonn, BA, etc. can compare to many Earth weights of force since they can contend with someone who can has exerted more than 50 Earth weights of force. I can also say that the weakest character Glads punched can contend with planet destroying blows since Glads once destroyed a planet with his blows.

This is a con game you are using. You must look at the specific things Mangog has done. IMO, he's done absolutely nothing but show great durability. No power output at all.

h1a8
Originally posted by TheGodKiller

1. Mangog easily

Mangog never demonstrated any level of offensive power beyond herald yet you are creating a double standard.

SA Mangog is overrated. He has great durability but sucky offensive power. Even Thor's own words claimed that Mangog was lying and exaggerating when he said he has the power of a billion billion beings.

TheLordofMurder
Mangog never demonstrated any level of offensive power beyond herald yet you are creating a double standard.

SA Mangog is overrated. He has great durability but sucky offensive power. Even Thor's own words claimed that Mangog was lying and exaggerating when he said he has the power of a billion billion beings.

thumb up

Onslaught wins...

Horrificus
lol did you even read the story? Mangog lifted the bridge before they could attack. They were koed by falling a few feet from the air. A few feet!!! Come on be serious. Mangog didn't even hit them. They acted as fodder. Odin didn't even attack or use his powers on Mangog. Nothing Mangog did showed he is beyond a peak Onslaught. Hell a billion billion beings was his limit and in canon Thor thought he was exaggerating. Meaning Thor felt his power was much less than a billion billion beings. Mangog hit the hammer back only as strong as Thor's right arm, fail to ko Thor, etc.
Now if Odin used his powers or was on his A game (galaxy blasts) then you would have a point. You are a funny, funny little person. You amuse me.
But, for now... BE SILENT, FOOLISH ONE!

Regardless of how you view the events on-panel, they happened in ink. Whatever Mangog did, it was enough to finish the attacking army and take Odin down many notches. Unless you want to go back in time again and petition Marvel Comics to force the fictional comic book character, Odin, to be brought to justice and stand trial for throwing the fight.

I think this is a good strategy for you and you will do well with it. roll eyes (sarcastic)

This is how it went down:

http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q253/ArealSTUPIguy/Mangog%20Bridge/th_Thor196-10.jpghttp://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q253/ArealSTUPIguy/Mangog%20Bridge/th_Thor196-11.jpg

Then the story cuts away to Thor and Sif, then it comes back to Odin giving up before Mangog can get to him. This isn't an advertisement for dish detergent. It is part of the story for a reason. To reinforce the fear of Odin.

http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q253/ArealSTUPIguy/Mangog%20Bridge/th_Thor196-19.jpghttp://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q253/ArealSTUPIguy/Mangog%20Bridge/th_Thor196-20.jpg

h1a8
You are a funny, funny little person. You amuse me.

Regardless of how you view the events on-panel, they happened in ink. Whatever Mangog did, it was enough to finish the attacking army and take Odin down many notches. Unless you want to go back in time again and petition Marvel Comics to force the fictional comic book character, Odin, to be brought to justice and stand trial for throwing the fight.

I think this is a good strategy for you and you will do well with it. roll eyes (sarcastic)

http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q253/ArealSTUPIguy/Mangog%20Bridge/th_Thor196-10.jpghttp://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q253/ArealSTUPIguy/Mangog%20Bridge/th_Thor196-11.jpg

Then the story cuts away to Thor and Sif, then it comes back to Odin giving up before Mangog can get to him. This isn't an advertisement for dish detergent. It is part of the story for a reason. To reinforce the fear of Odin.

http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q253/ArealSTUPIguy/Mangog%20Bridge/th_Thor196-19.jpghttp://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q253/ArealSTUPIguy/Mangog%20Bridge/th_Thor196-20.jpg The scene was complete. They got koed after the bridge got sent upwards. We see Odin getting out of the water from the bridge and carrying his warrior. This is classic comics for you. Inconsistency at it's finest.

We go by feats and what a character has done. Implied power is valid only if it doesn't contradict on all the panel feats and showings. I can say Sentry has the power of a million exploding suns but if everything he's done contradicts that then I must not accept implied power.

On panel we have Thor even admitting that Mangog is not as powerful as he was claiming (a billion billion beings) and he thinks he was exaggerating. Why would Thor say this? We have on panel evidence of Mangog hitting Mjolnir back at the force of Thor's own right arm. This is not a level well beyond Thor my friend. If Mangog had any great power output feats then I will dismiss any low ones as PIS. But I'm afraid he has NONE! Thus why still put him on a pedestal? Because Odin was acting silly at that time for no REAL reason? So if Odin was scared of Savage Hulk would that make Savage Hulk a skyfather?

Bottomline, I really have a hard time seeing Mangog affect Onslaught offensively when he can't even ko or kill Thor with multiple blows. No attack he did was shown to do above herald level power output. Hell Superman could have lifted that bridge and made those fodder Asgardians fall on their ass and get koed. Odin wasn't even shown to be hurt, he looked silly if anything.

If Mangog on average hit's Thor multiple times without koing or killing him then wtf you think he's going to do to Onslaught. Come on man!

the Darkone

http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q253/ArealSTUPIguy/Mangog%20Bridge/th_Thor196-19.jpghttp://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q253/ArealSTUPIguy/Mangog%20Bridge/th_Thor196-20.jpg

I agree, anybody else with comic book sense and knowledge who doesn't low ball. SA Mangog Sky Father level of power was in his brute strength and power and his great durability. Odin especially Silver Age Odin was powerful as hell in his hay day, his dark self siphon powers from the cosmic being Infinity and undid the damage with a gesture, and causing shock waves battling Forsung that destroyed planets, suns going supernova etc.. but yet losing to one of the most powerful bricks of All time in Mangog, who even Odin stated he couldn't defeat and was scared of him to the point, Odin had to remove Asgard itself from its own dimension.

Onslaught spit shine SA Mangog shoes!!

h1a8
I agree, anybody else with comic book sense and knowledge who doesn't low ball. SA Mangog Sky Father level of power was in his brute strength and power and his great durability. Odin especially Silver Age Odin was powerful as hell in his hay day, his dark self siphon powers from the cosmic being Infinity and undid the damage with a gesture, and causing shock waves battling Forsung that destroyed planets, suns going supernova etc.. but yet losing to one of the most powerful bricks of All time in Mangog, who even Odin stated he couldn't defeat and was scared of him to the point, Odin had to remove Asgard itself from its own dimension.

Onslaught spit shine SA Mangog shoes!!

lol what a bunch of crock. You would be lucky if Mangog possesses high herald level power output.
1. Mangog did nothing to even a normal Odin, not one ounce of damage
2. Odin never landed an attack on Mangog at full power
3. You can't use a character's high showings as a basis to prove another's character's level. Characters indeed have low showings. Otherwise everytime Gladiator hits someone in a comic, it's really with planet busting power.

Con games. I'm not falling for it.
Mangog has trans level durability with mid/high herald power output. Nothing more.

the Darkone

You might as well post the whole Comic, SA Mangog needs to comeback, hope Jason Aaron is working on that as we speak. SA Mangog=/> SA Odin>>> Onslaught

1 battle SA Mangog 10/10
2 battle 50/50 leaning towards Mangog but it's close

Daredevil1

2 battle 50/50 leaning towards Mangog but it's close

Current Mangog you give a split? Did you forget that in Dan Jurgen's run Thor had him down, helpless, and broke his horn. Even before Thor used his Anti force blast.

Also in there next fight Thor knocked him out for a while.
http://imageshack.us/a/img705/2893/tstrike0509.jpg

http://imageshack.us/a/img22/9149/tstrike0510.jpg

Onlsaught might be able to KO him for a much longer period of time or after knocking him out 7 times he'll probably just put him in a sun. I don't really see the current Mangog as a real threat to Onslaught IMO.

Seems just to powerful and to versatile for Mangog. Because even if current Mangog destroys his shell he still has to deal with the pure energy or Onslaught controlling him.

Even if you discount the scene above because I don't think its Jurgens, you still have the other one were Thor had him hurt and down with his horn busted up.

Silver Age Mangog now that would be a incredible fight as Thor strength couldn't even seem to phase him nor anyone.

h1a8
You might as well post the whole Comic, SA Mangog needs to comeback, hope Jason Aaron is working on that as we speak. SA Mangog=/> SA Odin>>> Onslaught

1 battle SA Mangog 10/10
2 battle 50/50 leaning towards Mangog but it's close I have the whole comic. Trust me, the rest is worst. Mangog is overrated here.

You can't use the con game where you compare a character's highest feat to determine the level of another. This is worst than lowballing. Also Mangog is not greater than Odin. Mangog never damaged Odin, Odin never attacked Mangog directly. Going by feats Mangog is shitty offensively. Do you honestly believe Mangog could hurt Onslaught after he couldn't damage Odin or ko Thor?

Thor endured Mangog very well.

Mangog can't beat Onslaught.

curryman
Jurgens Mangog had Thor down twice before the anti-force incident...

And that was a fairly strong Thor also.

Daredevil1
Originally posted by curryman
Jurgens Mangog had Thor down twice before the anti-force incident...

And that was a fairly strong Thor also.

True he did. But that does not take away what that Thor did to him before he used the anti force.

ODG
^ Get his a$$ completely kicked?

Daredevil1
Originally posted by ODG
^ Get his a$$ completely kicked?

Yup. I guess the third time was the charm.

curryman
Also, how hard does Mangog have to beat him to win? Since you couldn't really beat Onslaught by destroying his body...

h1a8
Also, how hard does Mangog have to beat him to win? Since you couldn't really beat Onslaught by destroying his body...

Mangog doesn't even have the physical power to damage Onslaught. He couldn't even ko or kill Thor.

Daredevil1
He couldn't even ko or kill Thor.

Thor looked knocked out h1. Big time.

h1a8
Originally posted by Daredevil1
Thor looked knocked out h1. Big time. I'm talking about SA Mangog. Current Mangog clearly loses.

Daredevil1
SA Mangog never gave him a consistent beating they way current Mangog did. He was mostly distracted by either other asgardians attacking him or his stupidity for causeing more damage to the area then towards Thor.

SA Mangog even damaged Thor's arm pretty easily. I see no reason to believe given the same circumstances that SA mangog could KO Thor as well.

h1a8
SA Mangog never gave him a consistent beating they way current Mangog did. He was mostly distracted by either other asgardians attacking him or his stupidity for causeing more damage to the area then towards Thor.

SA Mangog even damaged Thor's arm pretty easily. I see no reason to believe given the same circumstances that SA mangog could KO Thor as well. Still if someone is far above herald level in power output then certainly they can one shot Thor. Other Mangogs have hit Thor literally hundreds of times without even koing him. At best Mangog has high herald level of output power. Nothing more.

Daredevil1
In your post you didn't say one shot Thor. You said Mangog couldn't ko Thor.

As if its impossible for him or something. No offense but if that's what you meant then that would be just silly. If you didn't mean that then.....forget what I said.

As there's no reason to think that SA Mangog could not KO Thor.

h1a8
In your post you didn't say one shot Thor. You said Mangog couldn't ko Thor.

As if its impossible for him or something. No offense but if that's what you meant then that would be just silly. If you didn't mean that then.....forget what I said.

As there's no reason to think that SA Mangog could not KO Thor.

No I meant he couldn't ko Thor in a few hits or less. I'm pretty sure Mangog could ko Thor with enough hits. His offensive hits on Thor just shows he is not above herald level in power output. Sure he has trans or skyfather level durability but only herald level power output though. I have a hard time seeing how he would affect Onslaught here.

the Darkone
SA Mangog win 10/10

Current Mangog 4.5/10

h1a8
SA Mangog win 10/10

Current Mangog 4.5/10 explain how SA Mangog would even affect Onslaught offensively.

the Darkone
SA

Jurgen's

thumb up pretty much speaks for itself, people that have actually read the story and not bios, cant argue unless they are clueless and trolls.

curryman
Thor looked knocked out h1. Big time.

Thor was taking powernaps?`

You're awfully confused here guy.

Thor couldn't do enough to bring down Mangog from the outside, that was the point of using the life-force blast from within him, in the THIRD FIGHT.

He flew straight through Onslaught no expression

Horrificus
Still if someone is far above herald level in power output then certainly they can one shot Thor. Other Mangogs have hit Thor literally hundreds of times without even koing him. At best Mangog has high herald level of output power. Nothing more. You are a liar. Just fishing to annoy. What you just posted is a complete lie. You had better be able to post scans that prove Mangog has hit Thor hundreds of times without ko'ing him.

Horrificus
explain how SA Mangog would even affect Onslaught offensively. You really have no business being in this thread. Nothing to contribute, no knowledge of the books.

Silent Master
explain how SA Mangog would even affect Onslaught offensively.

IOW, you lack knowledge of SA Mangog.

the Darkone
Originally posted by Silent Master

That's he is on my ignore list, just tired of his BS.

h1a8

Just the opposite as a FACT. I think you lack knowledge of him. You can read until you are blew in the face and still don't understand basic stuff like Mangog doesn't have the power to one shot ko Thor and that Thor admitted that Mangog was exaggerating with his power level (a billion billion beings is a bunch of crock he was suggesting)

h1a8
You really have no business being in this thread. Nothing to contribute, no knowledge of the books. How so? I read his appearances and know what he's capable of. I for one know the rules here. We go by feats and showings. A character's feats and showings trump anything else, including opinions and speculation.

Mangog never showed great power. He has hit Thor countless times with no ko. What does that tell you? His power is lacking right? Thor said on panel that he was exaggerating his power. Why the hell would Thor say this? Maybe because it's true?

So what Mangog is big as hell and took some Mjolnir strikes. Doesn't make him stronger than a herald now does it. Durability ain't strength. His looks make him seem so powerful huh?

I'm objective here and go by showings over anything. Not speculation or what I want to be the case. I read his appearances and I see nothing but shitty power output. If I'm wrong then show me something better than failing not to ko Thor.

At least Thanos has some ucking power output feats (6 piecing Surfer, etc.)

curryman
Just the opposite as a FACT. I think you lack knowledge of him. You can read until you are blew in the face and still don't understand basic stuff like Mangog doesn't have the power to one shot ko Thor and that Thor admitted that Mangog was exaggerating with his power level (a billion billion beings is a bunch of crock he was suggesting)

When Thor also claimed that the Beyonder was really low on the celestial ladder.... Thor didn't know what he was talking about.

Silent Master

I get it, you lack knowledge of SA Mangog.

h1a8
When Thor also claimed that the Beyonder was really low on the celestial ladder.... Thor didn't know what he was talking about. Thor fought Mangog plenty of times to know where he power level is at. Come on now!

h1a8
I get it, you lack knowledge of SA Mangog.

You can say what you want. I will continue to go by forum rules and use feats and showings to back up what I say. You can troll and ignore comic book evidence all you want.

curryman
Thor fought Mangog plenty of times to know where he power level is at. Come on now!

He also fought the Beyonder plenty of times.

He also fought Galactus plenty of times and still had him as Odin's equal.

It also doesn't make much sense if Mangog is not what he claims, since that was the entire purpose for his creation. Odin's mistakes coming back. If he's not the incarnation of a race that Odin killed then ??

Senseless. Debating over the exact number of souls contained in Mangog has no purpose, what does it matter? A billion beings isn't necessarily that strong anyways, it's not something either side of the discussion should stake their case on smile

Silent Master
You can say what you want. I will continue to go by forum rules and use feats and showings to back up what I say. You can troll and ignore comic book evidence all you want.

Seriously???

You're the guy that uses sound effects and fake math to claim that WHB >>>> Elite Skyfathers.

h1a8
Seriously???

You're the guy that uses sound effects and fake math to claim that WHB >>>> Elite Skyfathers. What does sound effects have to do with WHB?
Fake math? Just because you don't know math and physics well doesn't mean it's fake. Verify my results with any physicist if you will. Let an expert be the judge.

And you are committing the classic "you do it too" fallacy. Just because one person is at fault doesn't excuse you of being at fault. Two wrongs don't make a right. You are not using showings and feats as evidence. This is called ignoring on panel evidence.

h1a8
He also fought the Beyonder plenty of times.

He also fought Galactus plenty of times and still had him as Odin's equal.

It also doesn't make much sense if Mangog is not what he claims, since that was the entire purpose for his creation. Odin's mistakes coming back. If he's not the incarnation of a race that Odin killed then ??

Senseless. Debating over the exact number of souls contained in Mangog has no purpose, what does it matter? A billion beings isn't necessarily that strong anyways, it's not something either side of the discussion should stake their case on smile I don't recall Thor saying Galactus is Odin's equal. And Thor hasn't fought Galactus plenty of times when he didn't claim what you said. I don't recall Thor fighting Beyonder plenty of times either. Where you get this from?

A character's claim is meaningless if it contradicts on panel things. Thor's comments are backed up easily since Mangog didn't ko Thor in multiple hits and only hit Mjolnir back as strong as Thor's own right arm. If Mangog was so powerful then why in the hell he couldn't one shot kill or lowly ko Thor? Is Thor more durable than Onslaught?

curryman
I don't recall Thor saying Galactus is Odin's equal. And Thor hasn't fought Galactus plenty of times when he didn't claim what you said. I don't recall Thor fighting Beyonder plenty of times either. Where you get this from?

Thor mentioned that he thought Mangog was exaggerating back in the 80s. On the same page where he goes over the Beyonder and Galactus and Odin's power levels.

Where am I getting this from? Thor has been there with all of Marvel's finest when facing the beyonder and galactus, many times.

A character's claim is meaningless if it contradicts on panel things. Thor's comments are backed up easily since Mangog didn't ko Thor in multiple hits and only hit Mjolnir back as strong as Thor's own right arm. If Mangog was so powerful then why in the hell he couldn't one shot kill or lowly ko Thor? Is Thor more durable than Onslaught?

Thor's comments happened long before Jurgens Mangog, who took Thor down twice. Thor was down. Mangog was ready to kill him. HE WAS DOWN.

And there's a god damn direct comparison here where Thor is able to physically destroy Onslaught and not Mangog. THAT WAS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE ANTI-FORCE ATTACK. Thor says that Mangog has withstood Mjolnir's mightiest blows. Onslaught did not.

Daredevil1
@curryman I don't have the onslaught book in front of me but IIRC Thor broke through Onslaught only because Onslaught allowed it to get rid of Xavier.

Then Onslaught unleashed his full power. So Thor doing that really didn't do anything as he recreated his shell easily and as that made the situation worse for Thor/company.

Now on the Mangog fight the anti force was the finisher.....but don't go pretending that Thor beating on Mangog didn't affect him.

Thor broke his horn....beat him down some more.......gave him a brief speech.....and then stuffed his hammer down his mouth. Mangog couldn't even fight back nor talk because he was helpless from the monumental beating that Thor gave him.

Then the Anti Force blast was the finishing blow. There's a big difference what Thor did to Mangog and what Thor did to Onslaught.

curryman
@curryman I don't have the onslaught book in front of me but IIRC Thor broke through Onslaught only because Onslaught allowed it to get rid of Xavier.

Then Onslaught unleashed his full power. So Thor doing that really didn't do anything as he recreated his shell easily and as that made the situation worse for Thor/company.

Now on the Mangog fight the anti force was the finisher.....but don't go pretending that Thor beating on Mangog didn't affect him.

Thor broke his horn....beat him down some more.......gave him a brief speech.....and then stuffed his hammer down his mouth. Mangog couldn't even fight back nor talk because he was helpless from the monumental beating that Thor gave him.

Then the Anti Force blast was the finishing blow. There's a big difference what Thor did to Mangog and what Thor did to Onslaught.

That was the whole point though. Of course Thor can push him back and knock him donw. It just doesn't DO ANYTHING TO HIM. If it can destroy a planet or a mountain range of course his blow is gonna move the 800 pound monster. But it's not enough.

Onslaught wanted Thor to pull Xavier out, and he wanted the Hulk to beat him apart also. And they were more than capable of doing so. The intention may be part of the reason why they were able to land their hits, not why their hits were able to damage him.

If you people want to get into Mangog not being able to KILL Thor even though he brought him down several times, then how about looking into Onslaught being able to accomplish ****all.

Daredevil1
That was the whole point though. Of course Thor can push him back and knock him donw. It just doesn't DO ANYTHING TO HIM. If it can destroy a planet or a mountain range of course his blow is gonna move the 800 pound monster. But it's not enough.

Onslaught wanted Thor to pull Xavier out, and he wanted the Hulk to beat him apart also. And they were more than capable of doing so. The intention may be part of the reason why they were able to land their hits, not why their hits were able to damage him.

If you people want to get into Mangog not being able to KILL Thor even though he brought him down several times, then how about looking into Onslaught being able to accomplish ****all.

Thor hurt him bad enough to break "easily" his horn and then pummel him and Mangog couldn't do squat guy. Even gave him a brief speech through the beat down. Had plenty of time to even stuff his hammer down his throat. And you want me to believe this didn't effect him? You are seriously reaching.

And yet after he unleashed his full power by Thor saving Xavier, Thor again attacked with all the powers of the rest of them(there group) IIRC and all they could do was merely "crack" the shell. In comparison to what Thor did the first time. So no it did in fact made the situation worse for Thor and company. Your forgot about that.

curryman
Thor hurt him bad enough to break "easily" his horn and then pummel him and Mangog couldn't do squat guy. Even gave him a brief speech through the beat down. Had plenty of time to even stuff his hammer down his throat. And you want me to believe this didn't effect him? You are seriously reaching.

And yet after he unleashed his full power by Thor saving Xavier, Thor again attacked with all the powers of the rest of them(there group) IIRC and all they could do was merely "crack" the shell. In comparison to what Thor did the first time. So no it did in fact made the situation worse for Thor and company. Your forgot about that.

It's not reaching, it's a difference of opinion.

Thor did break piece of Mangog's horn, and he maybe even chipper part of Mangog's tooth. After having hit him as hard as he could with Mjolnir, time and time again, and laying out some of the stronger energy-attacks he had, he finally managed to do a tiny bit of damage when he caught Mangog off-guard.

He caught him off guard because for the second time, Mangog had spared his life. Spared his life after beating him senseless.

Onslaught on the other hand, accomplished no such thing.

And if you can't understand that Jurgens Thor, performing at the top of his game, is a different breed than team-Thor standing side by side with Spidey and Iron man slinging rocks and repulsors blasts, then I don't think there's much point in continuing this.

Daredevil1
It's not reaching, it's a difference of opinion.

Thor did break piece of Mangog's horn, and he maybe even chipper part of Mangog's tooth. After having hit him as hard as he could with Mjolnir, time and time again, and laying out some of the stronger energy-attacks he had, he finally managed to do a tiny bit of damage when he caught Mangog off-guard.

He caught him off guard because for the second time, Mangog had spared his life. Spared his life after beating him senseless.

Yes but it doesn't take away what Thor did to him. Mangog defeating Thor in the other times does not take away what Thor did to him. Lets face it SA Mangog was different in power level in comparison to Current Mangog.

Right because it wasn't Thor that could do it to begin with. Sorry guy they chose "Hulk". Sounds like all you have is excuses. No offense while I'm using what actually happened.

The fact that you stated Onslaught accomplished no such thing leads me to say you are ignoring what was shown and stated.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.