Sersi vs Midgard Serpent

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

golem370
Eternal vs Asgardian Monster. Who wins?

zopzop
Sersi wins.

PillarofOsiris
Sersi

leonidas
don't see how she has even a small chance to win this fight....

The Sorrow
Jormungand wins.

ODG
Originally posted by leonidas

zopzop
Create a chunk of anti-matter inside his brain. Fights over. On the other hand, he can't do jack to her.

ODG
^ Other than just beat her senseless or even freeze her immobile in time? I wasn't even aware that Sersi created anti-matter on-panel. Another character to troll Thanos fans with.

zopzop
Originally posted by ODG
^ Other than just beat her senseless or even freeze her immobile in time? I wasn't even aware that Sersi created anti-matter on-panel. Another character to troll Thanos fans with.
How would he touch her? Between her mobility and her forcefields, I don't see him landing a hit on her if she don't want him to.

Didn't that "time freeze" thing happen like once on panel and that's it? When he reappeared in later issues, time flowed just fine and they were fighting on Earth.

She could attempt mind raping him also. She's powerful enough to go toe to toe with Exodus in a TP war.

Even if you don't believe she's capable of creating anti-matter using her matter manip skills, she creates an adamantium boulder in his brain....and he's dead. Same result different method of getting there. Or creates an adamantium muzzle around his mouth, then goes to town on him. What could he possibly do then?

She has too many options at her disposal.

ODG
Originally posted by zopzop
How would he touch her? Between her mobility and her forcefields, I don't see him landing a hit on her if she don't want him to.

Didn't that "time freeze" thing happen like once on panel and that's it? When he reappeared in later issues, time flowed just fine and they were fighting on Earth. The same way she's been hit before in virtually every appearance she's ever had. By reaching out and whacking her. People like Magneto, Iron Man and Sue Storm have forcefields too, doesn't make them unbeatable.

Here's an ironic query: how many times has this anti-matter in the brain thing happened again? And how exactly does them fighting on Earth make a difference here? Originally posted by zopzop
She could attempt mind raping him also. She's powerful enough to go toe to toe with Exodus in a TP war.

Even if you don't believe she's capable of creating anti-matter using her matter manip skills, she creates an adamantium boulder in his brain....and he's dead. Same result different method of getting there. Or creates an adamantium muzzle around his mouth, then goes to town on him. What could he possibly do then?

She has too many options at her disposal. Who has she mindraped? Because I always thought she was battling his psionics, not engaging him on the astral plane.

So she never actually did it on-panel? Has she created an adamantium boulder inside a person's body before? If she creates an admantium muzzle, I suppose he'd have to resort to his final death strike or just... I dunno, crush her with his body.

As opposed to Midgard Serpent just crushing her, smothering her, biting her, entangling her, etc. I get what you're saying.

zopzop
Originally posted by ODG
The same way she's been hit before in virtually every appearance she's ever had. By reaching out and whacking her. People like Magneto, Iron Man and Sue Storm have forcefields too, doesn't make them unbeatable.

Here's an ironic query: how many times has this anti-matter in the brain thing happened again? And how exactly does them fighting on Earth make a difference here? The same way she's been hit before in virtually every appearance she's ever had. By reaching out and whacking her.

Who has she mindraped? Because I always thought she was battling his psionics, not engaging him on the astral plane.

So she never actually did it on-panel? Has she created an adamantium boulder inside a person's body before? If she creates an admantium muzzle, I suppose he'd have to resort to his final death strike or just... I dunno, crush her with his body.

As opposed to Midgard Serpent just crushing her, smothering her, biting her, entangling her, etc. I get what you're saying.
How? He's too large. How would he crush something human sized if she's not just standing there? How would he catch her?

He can't fly can he? Even if he somehow manages to catch her and attempts to break through her shields, she can teleport.

How does he respond to an adamantium muzzle around his mouth?

ODG
How? He's too large. How would he crush something human sized if she's not just standing there? How would he catch her?

He can't fly can he? Even if he somehow manages to catch her and attempts to break through her shields, she can teleport.

How does he respond to an adamantium muzzle around his mouth? Him being too large actually helps his ability to crush her. I don't understand your disbelief.

Pretty sure he flew around in the Simonson fight. Either way, he was chasing around (and caught up to Thor) who was flying and zipping around as much as he's ever done. He's too big anyway to be grounded. I'm also curious, when has she teleported?

By smooshing her with his incredible girth and weight? Not sure how an adamantium muzzle changes that equation.

TheLordofMurder
Sersi's a beast, but I gotta go with the Serpent; I just cant see her defeating that thing 1 on 1...

zopzop
Originally posted by ODG
Him being too large actually helps his ability to crush her. I don't understand your disbelief.

Pretty sure he flew around in the Simonson fight. Either way, he was chasing around (and caught up to Thor) who was flying and zipping around as much as he's ever done. He's too big anyway to be grounded. I'm also curious, when has she teleported?

By smooshing her with his incredible girth and weight? Not sure how an adamantium muzzle changes that equation.

Him being too large actually works against him, especially vs a tiny (compared to him) mobile opponent. It would be like a 20ft anaconda attempting to catch and crush a fly.

He caught up to Thor and did what? He attempted to swallow him no? When has the Serpent ever constricted anyone on panel? I'm genuinely curious. Because when he reappeared in the 90s, he did the same thing vs Thor, he attempted to swallow him.

Her teleporting on panel? I'll have to get back to you on that.

But on panel we have her : creating adamantium out of thin air, transmuting things into inert matter, creating lifelike illusions, creating forcefields, flying, and projecting energy blasts.

She could transmute his brain or eyes into inert matter, now he's either dead and/or blinded. She muzzle him by creating an adamatium muzzle around his mouth, now how is he gonna attempt to swallow her? She can fly circles around him, how is he going to grasp and crush her? She can create illusionary doubles of herself or anything else she wants to throw him off while she does any of the above, how would he counter that?

This assumes she has no telepathy skills to speak of (despite engaging in a prolonged psi-war with one of the most powerful telepaths on the planet), so she can't mindrape him and end the fight right there and then.

What do we have the Serpent doing on panel vs opponents?

PillarofOsiris
How could she not be able to create anti-matter? I didn't realize her transmutation had limits on what kind of matter she could make.

ODG
Him being too large actually works against him, especially vs a tiny (compared to him) mobile opponent. It would be like a 20ft anaconda attempting to catch and crush a fly.

He caught up to Thor and did what? He attempted to swallow him no? When has the Serpent ever constricted anyone on panel? I'm genuinely curious. Because when he reappeared in the 90s, he did the same thing vs Thor, he attempted to swallow him.

Her teleporting on panel? I'll have to get back to you on that.

But on panel we have her : creating adamantium out of thin air, transmuting things into inert matter, creating lifelike illusions, creating forcefields, flying, and projecting energy blasts. Have you even read the Simonson fight they had where Thor was zipping around?

He slapped the sh1t out of him the first time sending him careening into the landscape. Another time, he swallowed him. The last time, Thor realized he had to go kamikaze and expend all his immortal energies and Jormungand responded with his final death strike and they killed each other.

You do that.

Good for her. Originally posted by zopzop
She could transmute his brain or eyes into inert matter, now he's either dead and/or blinded. She muzzle him by creating an adamatium muzzle around his mouth, now how is he gonna attempt to swallow her? She can fly circles around him, how is he going to grasp and crush her? She can create illusionary doubles of herself or anything else she wants to throw him off while she does any of the above, how would he counter that? When has she transmuted somebody's brain again? Thor tried flying circles around Jormungand and couldn't avoid him. You make it sound like he's slithering around on the ground and can't deal with flying opponents. The only thing I can assume is you've never read any of his appearances. Originally posted by zopzop
This assumes she has no telepathy skills to speak of (despite engaging in a prolonged psi-war with one of the most powerful telepaths on the planet), so she can't mindrape him and end the fight right there and then. One of the most powerful telepaths that fought off the Avenger, was maintaining a gigantic city-crushing forcefield and amplifying an entire city's population with increased bloodlust. In retrospect, she didn't do so well when you consider everything else that Exodus was doing. Originally posted by zopzop
What do we have the Serpent doing on panel vs opponents? Killing Thor.

PillarofOsiris
Originally posted by ODG
Killing Thor.

Hardly impressive.

ODG
http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i316/ccoslow/LJ%20Graphics%20and%20Avatars/1286531162354.gif

zopzop
Originally posted by ODG
Have you even read the Simonson fight they had where Thor was zipping around?

He slapped the sh1t out of him the first time sending him careening into the landscape. Another time, he swallowed him. The last time, Thor realized he had to go kamikaze and expend all his immortal energies and Jormungand responded with his final death strike and they killed each other.

You do that.

Good for her. When has she transmuted somebody's brain again? Thor tried flying circles around Jormungand and couldn't avoid him. You make it sound like he's slithering around on the ground and can't deal with flying opponents. The only thing I can assume is you've never read any of his appearances. One of the most powerful telepaths that fought off the Avenger, was maintaining a gigantic city-crushing forcefield and amplifying an entire city's population with increased bloodlust. In retrospect, she didn't do so well when you consider everything else that Exodus was doing. Killing Thor.

Yeah, he slapped him out the air, but then what? He didn't constrict him did he? Has he constricted anyone he fought? Has he done anything on panel, attack/ability wise, aside from attempting to swallow an opponent?

In fact, what abilities has the Midgard Serpent displayed on panel?

Killing a cursed Thor. And he didn't even kill Thor did he? Thor kamikazeed himself into the Serpent.

ODG
^ What exactly are you talking about? I thought we were discussing Jormungand's supposed immobility and inability to hit flying opponents. The only person who's even mentioned constricting is you. You either can't focus, or you're just moving the goalposts to avoid doing so.

Stopping time globally, shape-shifting, producing searing venom/venom mists, charging a "death strike" bursting with energy, crushing the Earth, etc. And also, this is stuff that he's actually done on-panel.

Better than losing outright to a weakened Exodus. They killed each other. Arguing otherwise is like a Vegeta fan arguing Boo didn't murder the sh1t out of Vegeta.

zopzop
Originally posted by ODG
^ What exactly are you talking about? I thought we were discussing Jormungand's supposed immobility and inability to hit flying opponents. The only person who's even mentioned constricting is you. You either can't focus, or you're just moving the goalposts to avoid doing so.

Stopping time globally, shape-shifting, producing searing venom/venom mists, charging a "death strike" bursting with energy, crushing the Earth, etc. And also, this is stuff that he's actually done on-panel.

Better than losing outright to a weakened Exodus. They killed each other. Arguing otherwise is like a Vegeta fan arguing Boo didn't murder the sh1t out of Vegeta.
I mentioned constricting because what else can he possibly do to her? If he swallows her, she'll just bust her way out. Either by blasting his teeth to bits or transmuting a hole into his teeth big enough for her to flight through.

Of the abilities you listed, the only battle ones (that matter in a vs thread) are : the Time Stop (happened once on panel and was never displayed again) and the Venom Mist (means nothing since she can bubble herself). The Death Strike killed him too didn't it? Sersi can reform. She was blasted to atoms by Blaastar (whose blasts just happened to be on the same frequency or something that the Eternals atoms are on) and she reformed.

ODG
I mentioned constricting because what else can he possibly do to her? If he swallows her, she'll just bust her way out. Either by blasting his teeth to bits or transmuting a hole into his teeth big enough for her to flight through.

Of the abilities you listed, the only battle ones (that matter in a vs thread) are : the Time Stop (happened once on panel and was never displayed again) and the Venom Mist (means nothing since she can bubble herself). Are you trying to argue that Jormungand can only swallow or constrict her? How about he just smacks the sh1t out of her or crushes her with his weight? You either attempted to impose a baffling false absolute here or you just aren't bothering to think things through. Now while I am skeptical that Sersi packs as much punch as Mjolnir, her transmuting his teeth is a hilarious possibility. Between transmuting anti-matter or an adamantium boulder in his brain and all these other fantastic tactics, you'd have to wonder why she didn't do any of this against Exodus.

I think it is hilarious that you're trying to undermine Jormungand's on-panel feats by criticizing whether they've been performed in a battle or more than just once. I mean... coming from the guy who started talking about transmuting anti-matter and adamantium in brains and teleporting (you'll get back to us, rite?), that's pretty entertaining. So you spout of stuff she's never done before, let alone during a fight... and I list things hes done in an on-panel fight, and somehow... the shoe's on the other foot. Originally posted by zopzop
The Death Strike killed him too didn't it? Sersi can reform. She was blasted to atoms by Blaastar (whose blasts just happened to be on the same frequency or something that the Eternals atoms are on) and she reformed. Thor's final attack killed him. But I will concede that Sersi can arguably reform herself after she's gotten the sh1t kicked out of her by the Midgard Serpent.

leonidas
yeah, a few things. sersi is NOT thor, nor is she capable of doing the kind of physical damage he can. the tp issue is unresolvable. tp has never been tried on the serpent so it's effects are unknown. given the supernatural nature of its powers though, i doubt it would affect him very much.

recall, in an effort to have thor avoid a confrontation with jormungand, odin gave norvell thor's power. odin could simply have used tp on the serpent i suppose, if it is as vulnerable to tp as you'd like us to think. it makes no sense, tbh. but, as i said, it is unresolvable and should be dropped as any comments would be purely speculatory.

as for the battle, the serpent can ALSO cast illusions and fire blasts from its eyes (thor 278--don't feel like posting the scans tbh). it is fast enough that thor needs to 'move like lightning' to get in his strikes safely, and it CAN in effect fly by simply raising its upper body. given its true etheral nature i doubt going intangible would be a sure defence. her transmuting powers are ltd in scope and given the serpent's shape-shifting powers, they are no sure guarantee anyway. a muzzle could be dealt with by shape-changing. its poison might not kill her, but it would weaken her to the point the serpent would finish her off.

i love sersi. she helped me win a tournament and i know her....really well. i can in no way see her winning this battle 1on1. her durability to physical damage is no where CLOSE to thor's. it would only take 1 or 2 shots for the serpent to ko her. she could perhaps go for a stalemate, but that would likely be the best she could do. at least imo.

zopzop
Originally posted by ODG
Are you trying to argue that Jormungand can only swallow or constrict her? How about he just smacks the sh1t out of her or crushes her with his weight? You either attempted to impose a baffling false absolute here or you just aren't bothering to think things through. Now while I am skeptical that Sersi packs as much punch as Mjolnir, her transmuting his teeth is a hilarious possibility. Between transmuting anti-matter or an adamantium boulder in his brain and all these other fantastic tactics, you'd have to wonder why she didn't do any of this against Exodus.
How would he crush her if he couldn't catch her? Swatting her out the air is one thing, keeping her grounded is another.

She didn't pull any of those tricks vs Exodus because she had her hands full fighting a psi-war with him. That's like asking why didn't Odin just stop time while he was engaging Galactus in a psi-war and unleashing on him then.

Everything I mentioned previously : transmuting adamantium out of thin air, her illusions, her forcefields, her transmuting things into inert matter have all happened on panel. She's used her transmutation power so many times on panel, it's what she's KNOWN for.

If transmuting things into anti-matter is suspect because on panel evidence isn't forth coming (despite the fact that she's a master at matter manipulation), throw it out. That's fine. But for SURE she could transmute chunks of the Serpent's brain into adamantium (I mean she conjured it out of thin air on panel) or transmute it to inert matter (she did it to herself and her teammates so they could survive a galaxy destroying attack).

The teleporting one I have yet to find on panel but it's mentioned as a power all Eternals have.

The Serpent stopped time ONCE and never again. He never stopped time before that encounter or since (he appeared again in the 90s and time flowed just fine as he was fighting Thor).

leonidas
she's teleported a few times on panel, but it would only delay things here imo. the only thing that MIGHT work would be transmuting his brain, but again, given the nature of its power (it is loki's kid...) i don't see that killing the beast (any more than phasing thor into concrete killed him...) though it could cause it harm. it would take massive, accumulated damage to take out the serpent. i don't think sersi could survive long enough without getting hit to take it out.

ODG
How would he crush her if he couldn't catch her? Swatting her out the air is one thing, keeping her grounded is another.

She didn't pull any of those tricks vs Exodus because she had her hands full fighting a psi-war with him. That's like asking why didn't Odin just stop time while he was engaging Galactus in a psi-war and unleashing on him then. You haven't even done a single thing to support that Jormungand would even have trouble catching her. Showing her flying around faster than Thor would be a start. Because she'd have to be faster than him since Jormungand had no issue nailing Thor with strikes and bites.

The truth is, Sersi hasn't pulled any of those tricks ever, period. In any event, Sersi won't have time for those tricks against Jormungand because she'd be too busy getting smooshed or time-frozen or eaten or blasted.

We get that this imaginary Sersi with made up feats would pose a real problem for the Midgard Serpent. But this imaginary Sersi is completely irrelevant to this thread. Originally posted by leonidas
yeah, a few things. sersi is NOT thor, nor is she capable of doing the kind of physical damage he can. the tp issue is unresolvable. tp has never been tried on the serpent so it's effects are unknown. given the supernatural nature of its powers though, i doubt it would affect him very much.

recall, in an effort to have thor avoid a confrontation with jormungand, odin gave norvell thor's power. odin could simply have used tp on the serpent i suppose, if it is as vulnerable to tp as you'd like us to think. it makes no sense, tbh. but, as i said, it is unresolvable and should be dropped as any comments would be purely speculatory.

as for the battle, the serpent can ALSO cast illusions and fire blasts from its eyes (thor 278--don't feel like posting the scans tbh). it is fast enough that thor needs to 'move like lightning' to get in his strikes safely, and it CAN in effect fly by simply raising its upper body. given its true etheral nature i doubt going intangible would be a sure defence. her transmuting powers are ltd in scope and given the serpent's shape-shifting powers, they are no sure guarantee anyway. a muzzle could be dealt with by shape-changing. its poison might not kill her, but it would weaken her to the point the serpent would finish her off.

i love sersi. she helped me win a tournament and i know her....really well. i can in no way see her winning this battle 1on1. her durability to physical damage is no where CLOSE to thor's. it would only take 1 or 2 shots for the serpent to ko her. she could perhaps go for a stalemate, but that would likely be the best she could do. at least imo. Perfect. thumb up

zopzop
she's teleported a few times on panel, but it would only delay things here imo. the only thing that MIGHT work would be transmuting his brain, but again, given the nature of its power (it is loki's kid...) i don't see that killing the beast (any more than phasing thor into concrete killed him...) though it could cause it harm. it would take massive, accumulated damage to take out the serpent. i don't think sersi could survive long enough without getting hit to take it out.
Thor wasn't fully phased into the concrete otherwise he would have been dead and he needed Mjolnir to get out of it.

ODG
Everything I mentioned previously : transmuting adamantium out of thin air, her illusions, her forcefields, her transmuting things into inert matter have all happened on panel. She's used her transmutation power so many times on panel, it's what she's KNOWN for.

If transmuting things into anti-matter is suspect because on panel evidence isn't forth coming (despite the fact that she's a master at matter manipulation), throw it out. That's fine. But for SURE she could transmute chunks of the Serpent's brain into adamantium (I mean she conjured it out of thin air on panel) or transmute it to inert matter (she did it to herself and her teammates so they could survive a galaxy destroying attack). But she's not known for transmuting anti-matter or adamantium boulder into brains. Ever. So stick with what she's done, not with your wild no limit fallacies.

You act like you're permitting me to throw out your completely unsupported notion that she transmute anti-matter into his brain. You're not "giving me this one," you just haven't done sh1t to even merit a serious consideration of this non-feat that's never happened anywhere except in your imagination. Originally posted by zopzop
The teleporting one I have yet to find on panel but it's mentioned as a power all Eternals have.

The Serpent stopped time ONCE and never again. He never stopped time before that encounter or since (he appeared again in the 90s and time flowed just fine as he was fighting Thor). I'm sure other Eternals can, like Thanos who went through great efforts to do it without tech. I don't see it helping Sersi here outside of delaying the inevitable like leonidas said.

As opposed to you spamming this thread with feats that Sersi's never performed even once on-panel? For some reason, there's two inescapable facts you are missing here: I am talking about a Midgard Serpent that actually exists on-panel, and you are talking about a fake Sersi that's never shown up in comics. Focus. Or don't.

Horrificus
Sersi wins. Oh man Zop. You are on a mission again.

Who beats Midgard Serpent next, Daredevil? big grin

zopzop
Originally posted by ODG
But she's not known for transmuting anti-matter or adamantium boulder into brains. Ever. So stick with what she's done, not with your wild no limit fallacies.

You act like you're permitting me to throw out your completely unsupported notion that she transmute anti-matter into his brain. You're not "giving me this one," you just haven't done sh1t to even merit a serious consideration of this non-feat that's never happened anywhere except in your imagination. I'm sure other Eternals can, like Thanos who went through great efforts to do it without tech. I don't see it helping Sersi here outside of delaying the inevitable like leonidas said.

As opposed to you spamming this thread with feats that Sersi's never performed even once on-panel? For some reason, there's two inescapable facts you are missing here: I am talking about a Midgard Serpent that actually exists on-panel, and you are talking about a fake Sersi that's never shown up in comics. Focus. Or don't.
You already starting up? Learn to calm down. You jumped into this and I wasn't even replying to you...............again.

The fact remains that she CAN transmute parts of the Serpent's anatomy like his eyes or brain into inert matter or adamantium if she wanted to. She's transmuted living tissue into inorganic matter and vise versa ON PANEL multiple times. She transformed her and her teammates into inert matter and saved them from a galaxy busting attack. She's transformed people to stone, pigs, etc..

She's conjured adamantium out of thin air as recetly as Chaos War.

Her forcefields are no joke and their highest feat was protecting her and her teammates from a universe wiping attack.

The Serpent froze time ONCE in the late 80s, and never before or since. His venom would be meaningless to her since the vapor (because that's what it is) would never get through her forcefields. He can attempt to swallow her but she'd just get out. Good luck downing her long enough to crush her underneath his weight.

Between her forcefields, her illusions and her matter manip, she would outlast/evade him and take him down.

TheLordofMurder

i love sersi. she helped me win a tournament and i know her....really well. i can in no way see her winning this battle 1on1. her durability to physical damage is no where CLOSE to thor's. it would only take 1 or 2 shots for the serpent to ko her. she could perhaps go for a stalemate, but that would likely be the best she could do. at least imo.

thumb up

I 100% agree with you; stalemate is the best Sersi can do here...

If she actually attempts to fight and defeat the Serpent, she is doomed...

ODG
You already starting up? Learn to calm down. You jumped into this and I wasn't even replying to you...............again. The only one who started up is you. Just because you put the innocent act while trolling doesnt mean you arent trolling. So far, you havent even bothered to post any battle feats by Sersi to support your fantastical tactics and have thrown little less than a retarded false absolute btw "he can only constrict or swallow her" and declaring that he cant flying opponents even though I told you like ten times to reread his Simonson fight with Thor. Originally posted by zopzop
The fact remains that she CAN transmute parts of the Serpent's anatomy like his eyes or brain into inert matter or adamantium if she wanted to. She's transmuted living tissue into inorganic matter and vise versa ON PANEL multiple times. She transformed her and her teammates into inert matter and saved them from a galaxy busting attack. She's transformed people to stone, pigs, etc..

She's conjured adamantium out of thin air as recetly as Chaos War.

Her forcefields are no joke and their highest feat was protecting her and her teammates from a universe wiping attack. Youre still using non-battle feats (which you stupidly decided to declare as the only relevant ones to this thread) to support imaginary tactics that she's never performed on-panel. Its one thing to use foolish arbitrary illogic, its another thing entirely to be such an inept hypocrite with it.

But i like how you have to resort to universe-busting forcefields. I mean, granted, this entire discussion is turning out just that incredibly bad for you. So, really, you are just punctuating my points. Originally posted by zopzop
The Serpent time ONCE in the late 80s, and never before or since. His venom would be meaningless to her since the vapor (because that's what it is) would never get through her forcefields. He can attempt to swallow her but she'd just get out. Good luck downing her long enough to crush her underneath his weight.

Between her forcefields, her illusions and her matter manip, she would outlast/evade him and take him down. I mean do you even spend any effort trying to think through your posts for consistency? Serpent froze time once in a fight... and how many times has Sersi erected universe-busting+ forcefields? I told you to focus, ffs. Youre just turning this discussion into a completely retarded sh1tfest because youre upset that we arent agreeing with your unsupported argument that Sersi makes antimatter inside hia brain.

But once again, that's your problem, not ours. You use imaginary tactics not once seen or supported on-panel. Youre upset that we're using factual tactics actually seen on-panel. You b1tch that some of these feats weren't actually performed in-battle and that we have only seen them once? YOU ARENT EVEN USING BATTLE FEATS THAT HAVE BEEN PERFORMED ON-PANEL ONCE. Nobody asked you to make a good argument, just stop pretending that you are. Youve done little else but be a witless hypocrite here. This discussion is over. It frankly ended a dozen posts ago.

zopzop
Originally posted by ODG
The only one who started up is you. Just because you put the innocent act while trolling doesnt mean you arent trolling. So far, you havent even bothered to post any battle feats by Sersi to support your fantastical tactics and have thrown little less than a retarded false absolute btw "he can only constrict or swallow her" and declaring that he cant flying opponents even though I told you like ten times to reread his Simonson fight with Thor. Youre still using non-battle feats (which you stupidly decided to declare as the only relevant ones to this thread) to support imaginary tactics that she's never performed on-panel. Its one thing to use foolish arbitrary illogic, its another thing entirely to be such an inept hypocrite with it.

But i like how you have to resort to universe-busting forcefields. I mean, granted, this entire discussion is turning out just that incredibly bad for you. So, really, you are just punctuating my points. I mean do you even spend any effort trying to think through your posts for consistency? Serpent froze time once in a fight... and how many times has Sersi erected universe-busting+ forcefields? I told you to focus, ffs. Youre just turning this discussion into a completely retarded sh1tfest because youre upset that we arent agreeing with your unsupported argument that Sersi makes antimatter inside hia brain.

But once again, that's your problem, not ours. You use imaginary tactics not once seen or supported on-panel. Youre upset that we're using factual tactics actually seen on-panel. You b1tch that some of these feats weren't actually performed in-battle and that we have only seen them once? YOU ARENT EVEN USING BATTLE FEATS THAT HAVE BEEN PERFORMED ON-PANEL ONCE. Nobody asked you to make a good argument, just stop pretending that you are. Youve done little else but be a witless hypocrite here. This discussion is over. It frankly ended a dozen posts ago.
I DIDN'T RESPOND TO YOU. I just disagreed with Leonidas' post. Do you understand this? You jumped in and started this garbage all over again.

Fact is SERSI CAN do what I listed because she's done it on panel before.

The forcefield high feat was just in response to the "Serpent stopping time" feat. If that's a valid tactic for the Serpent who only ever did it once, EVER, then Sersi's universe level shields feat should be too.

Sersi has on panel, multiple times, transmuted inorganic matter into organic matter and vise versa. She's transmuted organic matter into inert matter, she's transmuted adamantium out of thin air, she's transmuted people to stone, she's transmuted the Vision into multiple tiny Visions independent of each other, etc.. This is something she's KNOWN for. Unlike the Serpent and that "time stop" ability.

So transmuting organic matter like the Serpent's eyes or brain into inert matter or creating an adamantium muzzle out of thin air to bind his mouth isn't outside the realm of possibility since she's DONE this before.

ODG
I DIDN'T RESPOND TO YOU. I just disagreed with Leonidas' post. Do you understand this? You jumped in and started this garbage all over again. I didn't start anything but a simple discussion. A discussion that started out constructive but which you eventually regressed into simple trollery. That you didn't like how the deconstruction of your hypocritical comments panned out is a reflection on you, not me. Originally posted by zopzop
Fact is SERSI CAN do what I listed because she's done it on panel before. Sersi never created anti-matter or an adamantium boulder in anyone's brain before. So, actually, you've listed stuff she's never done on-panel before. Now you're obviously upset, but if you really want to discuss this, best to stop blatantly lying. Originally posted by zopzop
The forcefield high feat was just in response to the "Serpent stopping time" feat. If that's a valid tactic for the Serpent who only ever did it once, EVER, then Sersi's universe level shields feat should be too. Midgard Serpent stopping time isn't PIS like Sersi protecting herself and others from the universe being busted. She's a low/mid herald Eternal who gets flummoxed by Invisible Woman; she's not a universe-busting+ character.

The Midgard Serpent, on the other hand, is a mythological creature that constricted a planet and froze time globally and is a sibling to the Fenris Wolf (that actually devoured the world of Asgard in the latest Ragnarok) and Hela (who is a demon lord that commands her own Hel realm). The Midgard Serpent is just another character among a pantheon of other mythological Thor villains who bust galaxies to forge swords, are composed of billions and billions of beings, and raze entire planets.

Slight difference, slick. How a universe-busting+ forcefield (that took her time to erect) is supposed to even protect her from being frozen in time instantly renders your attempt to use this piece of PIS worthless in any event. So we can leave it at that.Originally posted by zopzop
Sersi has on panel, multiple times, transmuted inorganic matter into organic matter and vise versa. She's transmuted organic matter into inert matter, she's transmuted adamantium out of thin air, she's transmuted people to stone, she's transmuted the Vision into multiple tiny Visions independent of each other, etc.. This is something she's KNOWN for. Unlike the Serpent and that "time stop" ability.

So transmuting organic matter like the Serpent's eyes or brain into inert matter or creating an adamantium muzzle out of thin air to bind his mouth isn't outside the realm of possibility since she's DONE this before. None of this has any bearing on your attempts to criticize/diminish the Midgard Serpent's feats for not being performed in heated battle or seldomly. You are repeating Sersi's non-battle feats and extrapolating them without limit, to support non-existent battle feats that you want to force on this thread. Which is incredibly hypocritical. And that is all I am doing: telling you that all your arguments are incredibly hypocritical.

You don't like that this is how the argument panned out. I get that. But you don't get to pretend that you ought to be immune to criticism that is pointed and sharp when you start with a flimsy argument... and then behave hypocritically with worse arguments and fallacies... just to salvage the original flimsy argument.

Branlor Swift
Oh sweet, someone's making a case for Sersi!

*reads a little*

No, no they aren't.

keiththegreat
It's true Sersi is not Thor. I'd reckon she's a LOT more durable than he is these days. She's one shot KO'ed Hercules, who is physically AT LEAST Thor's equal. She has telepathy. She can reform from atoms. She can make shields that can block universe busters. She has transmuted Thor's hammer. She transmuted Thor's flesh to give him gills. It's pretty clear she can transmute the Serpent. She can encase it in adamantium. lol at her being a low herald, and Thor being considered a high herald. Thor has clearly fallen out of the high herald class. How many times does he need to be one shot, or beaten to unconsciousness by his own hammer before we accept he's not what he used to be?

Branlor Swift
Originally posted by keiththegreat
It's true Sersi is not Thor. I'd reckon she's a LOT more durable than he is these days. She's one shot KO'ed Hercules, who is physically AT LEAST Thor's equal. She has telepathy. She can reform from atoms. She can make shields that can block universe busters. She has transmuted Thor's hammer. She transmuted Thor's flesh to give him gills. It's pretty clear she can transmute the Serpent. She can encase it in adamantium. lol at her being a low herald, and Thor being considered a high herald. Thor has clearly fallen out of the high herald class. How many times does he need to be one shot, or beaten to unconsciousness by his own hammer before we accept he's not what he used to be? Except when Thor fought Serpent everytime, he wasn't treated like a herpes sore.

ODG
It's true Sersi is not Thor. You should have stopped here. It would have been a display of clear focus and perception. In any event, a few observations: Originally posted by keiththegreat
She can make shields that can block universe busters. Does this mean she beats Superman Prime... since he got KTFO by a universe-buster and she didn't? Originally posted by keiththegreat
She has transmuted Thor's hammer. What? Originally posted by keiththegreat
She transmuted Thor's flesh to give him gills. Midgard Serpent already has gills. Redundant.

psycho gundam
Originally posted by Horrificus
Oh man Zop. You are on a mission again.

Who beats Midgard Serpent next, Daredevil? big grin tombstone

leonidas
It's true Sersi is not Thor. I'd reckon she's a LOT more durable than he is these days. She's one shot KO'ed Hercules, who is physically AT LEAST Thor's equal. She has telepathy. She can reform from atoms. She can make shields that can block universe busters. She has transmuted Thor's hammer. She transmuted Thor's flesh to give him gills. It's pretty clear she can transmute the Serpent. She can encase it in adamantium. lol at her being a low herald, and Thor being considered a high herald. Thor has clearly fallen out of the high herald class. How many times does he need to be one shot, or beaten to unconsciousness by his own hammer before we accept he's not what he used to be?

so....much.....wrong......lol

DTM
An uber equipped, going all out, Thor barely beat the Midgard Serpent, I dont see Sersi doing so. Serpent wins.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.